PDA

View Full Version : Which team will be the most improved next year?

mellojello
01-02-2012, 09:01 PM
When watching Miami this year, they never struck me as a bad team. I think they have a lot of pieces to be pretty good next year without a lot of change, so I think they have the potential to surprise folks next year. Your thoughts on some teams that could turn it around pretty quick.

JBCX
01-02-2012, 09:23 PM
- Carolina

- Seattle

- Arizona

- Cleveland

All of these teams will be serious playoff contenders next year.

Sloopy
01-02-2012, 09:23 PM
Some teams in mind:

Indi for obvious reasons.

Miami intrigues me but you may also see improved Pats Jets and possibly Bills team which may stunt their improvement as well.

Washington is up their for me. Almost anything they can do would be an improvement over the current QB situation and the D isn't terrible.

Tampa Bay should be back to form next season as they played way below their level and hopefully will improve in the offseason.

Carolina should be able to improve on what they are doing now and should be able to pull it together with a good draft.

Chiefs INJURIEZZZZZ

Eagles will do better under what will probably be a new regime

If I had to pick one probably Indi just because of how low they got this season and how high they can be with a good QB at the helm.

If you don't mind I'm gunna add teams who should fall off next year...

Houston probably doesn't do as well next year with what will inevitably be a tougher schedule.

The Pack will probably not see the same success, that division is getting tougher and tougher and parody is hard as it is. (not that they will do poorly, I just don't see another one loss season but thats pretty obvious)

Denver doesn't win the division again unless some serious additions are made on offense.

Cinci will have a tougher time, I see a slump for Dalton and that division is rough.

San Diego Chicken
01-02-2012, 09:24 PM
I'll go with the easy pick and say the Eagles.

nepg
01-02-2012, 09:50 PM
In terms of just number of wins or something a little less tangible?

armageddon
01-02-2012, 09:56 PM
can we wait until after F/A and the draft ?

Timbathia
01-02-2012, 10:05 PM
Denver doesn't win the division again unless some serious additions are made on offense.

The Tebow thing has overtaken all sense around discussion on the Broncos offense, or team for that matter, but it is worth bearing in mind that the Broncos o-line is (I believe) the second youngest in the nfl (3 players with less than 2 years experience), has its top 2 WRs with less than 2 years experience, has all its TEs that are new to the team this season and a QB that is essentially a rookie with no off-season of first-team reps under his belt.

You can argue that Tebow will never be any good, or that Decker and DT suck, or the o-line has garbage players that will never be any good, but some concessions need to be made to this entire unit based on lack of experience (that is to say they all may get better next year based on natural progression).

CJSchneider
01-02-2012, 10:08 PM
Tampa Bay without Raheem Morris scares me.

Mufasa
01-02-2012, 10:30 PM
The Chiefs should bounce back with a new coach and their players back from injuries. They shouldn't have much trouble winning that division.

vidae
01-02-2012, 10:37 PM
The Chiefs should bounce back with a new coach and their players back from injuries. They shouldn't have much trouble winning that division.

Damn, I like you. What a great new poster!

DoughBoy
01-02-2012, 10:48 PM
Chiefs are going to be terrible and Chuck is a horrible show.

vidae
01-02-2012, 11:30 PM
Chiefs are going to be terrible and Chuck is a horrible show.

What happened to us? We used to be so close.

Rosebud
01-02-2012, 11:31 PM
If the giants sign Spags and start Petrus...*sigh*...

Babylon
01-02-2012, 11:41 PM
- Carolina

- Seattle

- Arizona

- Cleveland

All of these teams will be serious playoff contenders next year.

I think in Seattle and Arizona the improvement in wins will be minor, i'd go with:

Carolina
KC
San Diego
Chicago

Complex
01-02-2012, 11:44 PM
The Eagles.

keylime_5
01-03-2012, 12:35 AM
whoever signs Jeff Fisher
whoever signs Matt Flynn

nobodyinparticular
01-03-2012, 12:43 AM
The Tebow thing has overtaken all sense around discussion on the Broncos offense, or team for that matter, but it is worth bearing in mind that the Broncos o-line is (I believe) the second youngest in the nfl (3 players with less than 2 years experience), has its top 2 WRs with less than 2 years experience, has all its TEs that are new to the team this season and a QB that is essentially a rookie with no off-season of first-team reps under his belt.

You can argue that Tebow will never be any good, or that Decker and DT suck, or the o-line has garbage players that will never be any good, but some concessions need to be made to this entire unit based on lack of experience (that is to say they all may get better next year based on natural progression).
I understand what you're saying. But who was the key player on that offense? Willis McGahee. And I think this will be one of those seasons which he will never be able to attain again. This was McGahee's last hoorah. It was a freaking good one, but the guy is over 30, has bad knees and he took a BUNCH of punishment this season.

You take McGahee off this offense and I think you end up with a 4-win team. Even with Tim Tebow "magic".

Please just don't sign Michael Bush this offseason...

A Perfect Score
01-03-2012, 01:33 AM
There is no way a healthy Chiefs team doesn't win that division next year. I think that defense is going to be very, very good next season if Berry comes back strong. So many young, talented pieces.

OzTitan
01-03-2012, 01:42 AM
whoever signs Jeff Fisher

Well, yeah I guess 8-8 would be an improvement for some.

Timbathia
01-03-2012, 04:53 AM
I understand what you're saying. But who was the key player on that offense? Willis McGahee. And I think this will be one of those seasons which he will never be able to attain again. This was McGahee's last hoorah. It was a freaking good one, but the guy is over 30, has bad knees and he took a BUNCH of punishment this season.

You take McGahee off this offense and I think you end up with a 4-win team. Even with Tim Tebow "magic".

Please just don't sign Michael Bush this offseason...

Willis just ran hard into the gaps. A concept that is seemingly too difficult for Knowshon to grasp. We definitely need a new RB or two, either through FA or the draft. If Willis cant go we need a big strong replacement. Bush would be a stellar addition for this offense. I assume no WR or QB will want to come to Denver next season, but to a FA RB it may be attractive.

Caddy
01-03-2012, 05:43 AM
Tampa Bay without Raheem Morris and Greg Olson scares me.

Fixed it.

But seriously, we are the most improved team next year as soon as we win a game.

Sloopy
01-03-2012, 08:40 AM

Yes but for what is essentially an extremely run heavy team, Moreno isn't the long term answer and McGahee probably doesn't have to much left in the tank. If you take out McGahee and to a certain extent Moreno (although he could be improved) I think Tebow's success would drop considerably. Adding another threat at RB is essential (I personally like the idea of LaMichael James, probably one of the few places I could see him being successful).

The D is good but has some aging guys and could probably add another big impact type player.

I don't want to turn this into a Tebow debate (we will see how the playoffs go for him) but I think at some point, either he has to improve as a QB or they will need to look elsewhere. Add in that the Chiefs should be healthy next year, the Chargers had a down year and the Radiers may bounce back a bit and I really don't see them returning to the playoffs.

Fico
01-03-2012, 12:49 PM
Healthy Schuab, Andre, and Mario (if he comes back) equals improvement from Houston whether their schedule is more difficult or not.

If Carolina can get some defensive help they may make a 4 game leap next year.

I think Seattle is prime for a jump if they can get a QB somewhere.

keylime_5
01-03-2012, 12:52 PM
Well, yeah I guess 8-8 would be an improvement for some.

I'm assuming Vince Young or Kerry Collins won't be his QB ;)

DraftSavant
01-03-2012, 01:01 PM
In terms of just number of wins or something a little less tangible?

^^^^^^^^^^^^

tjsunstein
01-03-2012, 03:12 PM
The Oakland Raiders.

descendency
01-03-2012, 03:17 PM
Colts? They could go from 2 wins to 12 wins...

Iamcanadian
01-03-2012, 06:40 PM
IMO, watch out for the Lions, they could be unstoppable next year with a year's experience under their belts. Add another draft class and it gets scary for the rest of the NFL.

descendency
01-03-2012, 07:37 PM
IMO, watch out for the Lions, they could be unstoppable next year with a year's experience under their belts. Add another draft class and it gets scary for the rest of the NFL.

I wouldn't call that a big improvement though. They are already a fairly good team. I mean, they made the playoffs.

OzTitan
01-03-2012, 08:06 PM
I'm assuming Vince Young or Kerry Collins won't be his QB ;)

Well VY's record with Fisher was actually very good. But 8-8 was a trademark for Fish well before 06.

gpngc
01-03-2012, 08:10 PM
I would like the Raiders because a full TC for Palmer and his healthy young WRs, plus a healthy (not for long, right?) D-Mac should be the foundation for a very good offense.

But that defense is ******* terrible.

Three other teams played well down the stretch but all have questions at the most important spot on the roster (SEA, MIA, ARZ).

And of course, Philly with Spags or whoever and perhaps some luck with Vick's health - but that won't be a surprise.

And if San Diego gets anything from that defense they should be in it - but that wouldn't be much of a surprise either.

So Carolina. And everyone will pick them to be a surprise team, no longer making them a surprise team. Like Detroit this year. Great.

Iamcanadian
01-04-2012, 12:44 PM
I wouldn't call that a big improvement though. They are already a fairly good team. I mean, they made the playoffs.

I'm talking about winning the Super Bowl. To me, that is a big improvement.