PDA

View Full Version : Burfict or Kuechly?

JBCX
01-03-2012, 11:15 AM
If you are an NFL team playing a 4-3 defense in desperate need of a MLB, and you have the opportunity to draft Luke Kuechly of Boston College or Vontaze Burfict of Arizona State in the first round of the draft, which do you pick?

Kuechly seems to have flawless instincts and form tackling fundamentals, but he is probably an average athlete at best.

Burfict is a physical specimen with unlimited upside but displays less than sound fundamentals as well as a lack of discipline on the field.

Or do you pass on both and in some other direction? If so, please elaborate (i.e. go for a 2nd/3rd round LBer such as a Bobby Wagner or Donta Hightower type, or just sign a guy in free agency)

bucfan12
01-03-2012, 11:17 AM
Pass on either. Kuechly has good instincts but reminds me too much of Barrett Ruud.

Burfict has the ESPN highlight of big hits, but misses tackles because he goes for them. Is undisciplined and lacks fundementals.

K Train
01-03-2012, 11:54 AM
43 im taking kuechly hands down

im in love with taze if im running a 34 though, all the knocks on him are overblown the dude is going to be a monster

FUNBUNCHER
01-03-2012, 11:56 AM
The thing is, Kuechly's instincts are beyond rare for the position.

From the neck up, he and Barrett Rudd aren't from the same planet.

It's one thing to have good instincts.
Keuchly has the football version of ESP.

Keuchly is the one prospect whose career I'm most excited about watching develop in the pros.

descendency
01-03-2012, 12:11 PM
Kuechly is too small to play 34 ILB and too slow to play 43 LB if he puts any weight on.

Burfict can clearly play in the NFL, but his 4-5 15 yard personal foul penalties he will get playing as aggressive as he does will probably hurt a team just as much as Kuechly's lack of speed.

I'd rather have Burfict, because there is a chance he grows up. Kuechly isn't going to all of the sudden get more athletic.

Sloopy
01-03-2012, 12:45 PM
Kuechly is too small to play 34 ILB and too slow to play 43 LB if he puts any weight on.

Burfict can clearly play in the NFL, but his 4-5 15 yard personal foul penalties he will get playing as aggressive as he does will probably hurt a team just as much as Kuechly's lack of speed.

I'd rather have Burfict, because there is a chance he grows up. Kuechly isn't going to all of the sudden get more athletic.

I'd take Kuechly as a 3-4 ILB before I would take him as a 4-3 ILB, maybe not a thumper type but I wouldn't mind seeing him in a Ravens uniform.

I really can't pick between the two but I chose Taze for the upside

Overall I really can't help but gush over both of them. Neither are really a 4-3 ILB, I might put Kuechly as a OLB in a 4-3 and an ILB in the 3-4 with Taze playing 4-3 ILB pretty exclusively. Although, of the two, Taze would probably be the better 4-3 ILB

SickwithIt1010
01-03-2012, 12:50 PM
Kuechly's best fit is as a 4-3 Mike so I dont know where you're getting the "hes better as a 3-4 inside". Kuechly is a tackling maching, as an eagle fan I'm in a situation where I'm looking at all the linebackers and Kuechly is as close to a sure thing as there is. The guy was 2nd in the nation in tackles as a freshman and lead the country the last 2 years. He just has a nose for the ball, but I dont see the huge upside there is in Taze. It's a tough call, but for me right now I would go for Kuechly, not a super high ceiling but the high floor is what would sell me.

Sloopy
01-03-2012, 01:13 PM
Kuechly's best fit is as a 4-3 Mike so I dont know where you're getting the "hes better as a 3-4 inside". Kuechly is a tackling maching, as an eagle fan I'm in a situation where I'm looking at all the linebackers and Kuechly is as close to a sure thing as there is. The guy was 2nd in the nation in tackles as a freshman and lead the country the last 2 years. He just has a nose for the ball, but I dont see the huge upside there is in Taze. It's a tough call, but for me right now I would go for Kuechly, not a super high ceiling but the high floor is what would sell me.

I just feel like he would be better off as an OLB in the 4-3. To be honest he is pretty versatile but I really see him excelling in a 3-4 ILB role. To say he is to small to do so is ridiculous.

I agree he is pretty much a lock to the Eagles though; regardless of whether he plays inside, outside, whatever.

ElectricEye
01-03-2012, 01:22 PM
As much as I like Keuchly, I'm not quite so sure that he's an All-World player in the NFL the same way he is in at BC. I think people are underrating what kind of athlete he is as well as his strength, but I don't see a guy who is much more than a Jerod Mayo type in the NFL(although he could still be better).

Burfict plays the game with passion and violence, which is both his greatest strength and biggest weakness. I think he's got the potential to be an impact linebacker in the NFL(which is becoming rarer and rarer with the way offenses work these days), but I'm not sure how safe it is to take him. Clearly, you'll be taking some of the good with the bad with him no matter what...but he didn't exactly have an exceptional year taking the personal fouls and penalties out of the equation too.

So in the end, I would have to go with Keuchly. I don't think he has as much value in the 3-4 though, so you have to take that into the equation when asking this question.

the_dark_knight
01-03-2012, 03:38 PM
I am in the minority here, but I'm taking Burfict. It's not because he's the best right now, he's only at the beginning of his potential. That's why I want him. Is it a risk that he may continue to over pursue and just flat out lose gap control, yes, but it's a risk that I'd be willing to take for a talent like him.

If coached up properly, and his work ethic matches or exceeds that mandated by the coaching staff, then you've got a guy with an exceptionally rare skill set to be a truly game changing MLB. Not only can he stuff the run, but he can get after the QB on blitzes, and he can cover more than adequate for a MLB.

Right now he's raw, and if I was picking first overall and was forced to pick between the two, I'd prolly have to go the other way cause you need that sure thing. But Burfict is exciting to watch and can be that emotional leader to be the "next" Ray Lewis. I hate saying it that way, but I'm not sure how else to phrase it. I really like his potential.

Rosebud
01-03-2012, 11:54 PM
The thing is, Kuechly's instincts are beyond rare for the position.

From the neck up, he and Barrett Rudd aren't from the same planet.

It's one thing to have good instincts.
Keuchly has the football version of ESP.

Keuchly is the one prospect whose career I'm most excited about watching develop in the pros.

This sounds a lot like what I was saying about AJ Hawk when he came out.

holt_bruce81
01-04-2012, 12:06 AM
Kuechly, hands down IMO.

Better tackler, better leader, smarter, better instincts.

PossibleCabbage
01-04-2012, 12:11 AM
I'm not in love with either player as a first round prospect. Put a gun to my head and I say Kuechly, but unless MLB is my only need, I'm looking around to see who else is there.

holt_bruce81
01-04-2012, 12:22 AM
I'm not in love with either player as a first round prospect. Put a gun to my head and I say Kuechly, but unless MLB is my only need, I'm looking around to see who else is there.

Burfict shouldn't go in the first round, the only reason he does IMO is because he's got a crapload of potential.

But he would get a 3rd round grade from me.

I Think Kuechly goes anywhere from 20-35. And IMO the only reason he doesn't go higher is because he's not a great athlete.

CDCB14
01-04-2012, 12:24 AM
Since they are pretty much clones, who was a better prospect, Sean Lee or Keuchly?

PossibleCabbage
01-04-2012, 12:26 AM
Burfict shouldn't go in the first round, the only reason he does IMO is because he's got a crapload of potential.

I think I'd be comfortable slotting him around where Maualuga went. Maybe a little lower, they both make similar kinds of mental mistakes, it's just that Burfict is much more prone to getting penalized.

I Think Kuechly goes anywhere from 20-35. And IMO the only reason he doesn't go higher is because he's not a great athlete.

I'm just really leery of Kuechly since he seems to fall into that "safest player in the draft" mold that has doomed such once-promising prospects as A.J. Hawk and Aaron Curry. I'm not sure if either of those guys merit a 20-35 pick, in retrospect.

CDCB14
01-04-2012, 12:27 AM
I think I'd be comfortable slotting him around where Maualuga went. Maybe a little lower, they both make similar kinds of mental mistakes, it's just that Burfict is much more prone to getting penalized.

I'm just really leery of Kuechly since he seems to fall into that "safest player in the draft" mold that has doomed such once-promising prospects as A.J. Hawk and Aaron Curry. I'm not sure if either of those guys merit a 20-35 pick, in retrospect.

Hawk and Curry present what you want our of a 3rd or 4th round pick, in my opinion.

ElectricEye
01-04-2012, 12:46 AM
Hawk and Curry present what you want our of a 3rd or 4th round pick, in my opinion.

Or lower. You can find guys like that deep in the draft if you do a good job with talent evaluation. Linebacker has become almost as de-valued a position as runningbacks have these days. You have to be pretty damn special at that position to be taken in the first round these days, let alone in the top fifteen. From a value perspective, drafting a sure tackler type in that slot is absolutely bonkers. That hasn't worked out for anyone aside from San Francisco with Willis. The impact those types of guys make just isn't worth a premium price....although in fairness, Curry's triangle numbers were absolutely fantastic and turned out to be a little deceiving.

I would still take Keuchly with a first round pick if he was the one piece I needed to round out a defense. I just wouldn't count on him to change the tide dramatically one way or the other....but I might be tempted to just stock pile defensive backs or front four players who can impact the game more and then look at Kendricks, Cole, or Acho much later in the the draft.

That sort of leads into the thing that makes Burfict so intriguing; he doesn't fall into that MLB impact trap that Kuechly(and most other MLB's) do. Watching him, you can see he's capable of doing the sort of things that change and impact games. He just hasn't done them consistently enough for me to feel good about him yet. I defiantly think the team taking him will be gambling a little bit.

Raiderz4Life
01-04-2012, 01:56 AM
I'll take Taze all day. I believe he'll be better than Kooch as a pro

Matthew Jones
01-04-2012, 02:22 AM
Kuechly would be the pick over Vontaze every time.

Matthew Jones
01-04-2012, 02:22 AM
EDIT: Could a mod please delete this post?

Matthew Jones
01-04-2012, 02:23 AM
EDIT: Could a mod please delete this post?

JBCX
01-04-2012, 10:49 AM
Since they are pretty much clones, who was a better prospect, Sean Lee or Keuchly?

Kuechly is a better prospect than Lee was due to Lee's injury concerns and medical red flags.

But medical stuff aside, I think Lee is actually a slightly better prospect based on college production and NFL potential. But it's pretty even if you discount medical stuff.

FUNBUNCHER
01-04-2012, 11:09 AM
I'm looking at Kuechly as strictly a Mike in a 4-3. I don't know how easily he transitions to other LB positions.

He's like a mini Urlacher IMO. I have to think the Giants or Eagles are targeting him in the first.

Babylon
01-04-2012, 11:19 AM
I'm looking at Kuechly as strictly a Mike in a 4-3. I don't know how easily he transitions to other LB positions.

He's like a mini Urlacher IMO. I have to think the Giants or Eagles are targeting him in the first.

With the emergence lately of Victor Cruz at the WR position i cant see the Giants going any other direction than Kuechly.

JBCX
01-04-2012, 11:21 AM
With the emergence lately of Victor Cruz at the WR position i cant see the Giants going any other direction than Kuechly.

You do realize that they'd have to trade up into the top 15 to get Kuechly? They'll be picking no higher than 20 at this point.

The Eagles at #15 will prevent Kuechly from falling any lower, and might even trade up higher to secure him.

Iamcanadian
01-04-2012, 12:01 PM
He's not a top 15 prospect especially for a 4-3 team. He is far better suited to play ILB in a 3-4 defense where his lack of speed won't hurt him.

Iamcanadian
01-04-2012, 12:11 PM

Except Urlacher had 4.5-4.6 speed while I suspect Kuechly will clock in at 4.8-4.9.

K Train
01-04-2012, 12:13 PM
He's not a top 15 prospect especially for a 4-3 team. He is far better suited to play ILB in a 3-4 defense where his lack of speed won't hurt him.

i get that hes not an aaron curry or dontay moch but hes not unathletic or super slow either.

Iamcanadian
01-04-2012, 12:15 PM
Burfict reminds me of Rey Maualuga, the MLB of the Bengals, he isn't perfect but he brings instant toughness to any defense which brings fear to offenses around the league.

Rosebud
01-04-2012, 12:50 PM

Not really sure who'll be available, but an OT would really help.

DBNYDP
01-04-2012, 12:51 PM
Doubt it happens but Jonathon Martin might be able to sneak into the 20ish range of picks.

And while Kuelchy is being picked for the Eagles in every single mock, when was the last time that Reid actually drafted a 1st round LB?

Babylon
01-04-2012, 01:09 PM
Not really sure who'll be available, but an OT would really help.

Probably wouldnt hurt but pikcing last in the first round you're getting about the 5th best OT as opposed to the best LB in the draft.

Iamcanadian
01-04-2012, 01:17 PM
i get that hes not an aaron curry or dontay moch but hes not unathletic or super slow either.

He reads the play well which gives him the appearance that he isn't slow, but the fact is, he is pretty slow for a LBer and playing for a 4-3 team might prove difficult.

PossibleCabbage
01-04-2012, 01:22 PM
He reads the play well which gives him the appearance that he isn't slow, but the fact is, he is pretty slow for a LBer and playing for a 4-3 team might prove difficult.

Really depends on scheme here, not every 4-3 MLB needs to be able to run like Urlacher in his prime.

If this is an "who should the Eagles" draft question, I honestly have no idea what sort of defensive scheme they were trying to run this year, I'm not sure their coaches or players did either (before anybody says it 'wide 9' is a technique, not a defense.) But that's likely irrelevant since I assume that there will be a new coordinator brought in.

Babylon
01-04-2012, 01:23 PM

All the times i've seen him i came away thinking James Laurinaitis in terms of physical ability. I'd guess his 40 time at the combine will be in the low to mid 4.7 range.

I think you're right about his instincts, which can make up for some lack of footspeed. I think he breaks on the thrown ball as well as anyone that has come along recently.

Roddoliver
01-04-2012, 02:59 PM
Is this a joke? Kuechly should teach Burfict how to play LB.

Complex
01-04-2012, 03:14 PM
Vontaze all day

descendency
01-04-2012, 05:57 PM
The Eagles at #15 will prevent Kuechly from falling any lower, and might even trade up higher to secure him.

LOL. Andy Reid... draft a linebacker???

Caulibflower
01-04-2012, 06:10 PM
I love Burfict, except for the fact that he's a ******* idiot.

PossibleCabbage
01-04-2012, 06:10 PM
LOL. Andy Reid... draft a linebacker???

Well, this season demonstrated conclusively that the Eagles must either:
a) improve their linebacker corps.
or
b) stop running defensive plays that require top-end play from their linebackers.

It's possible they will do both.

descendency
01-04-2012, 06:26 PM
Kuechly's projected 40 yard dash time is 4.8. If he runs 4.9 or worse, he maybe be a second rounder.

TACKLE
01-04-2012, 06:30 PM
You guys are really underestimating his athleticism. I'd peg Luke in the 4.67-4.72 range.

DraftSavant
01-04-2012, 06:35 PM
You guys are really underestimating his athleticism. I'd peg Luke in the 4.67-4.72 range.

I'd say that's true for both of these guys. They're not Patrick Willis or Urlacher fast, but come on, it doesn't take 4.4 speed to play NFL middle linebacker.

Big_Pete
01-04-2012, 06:37 PM
I think it depends on the team and also the system being used.

If you want a MLB who is going to add leadership that your team lacks and have a player friendly coach then Kuechly is much better.

If you have a well established team with strong leadership in the playing group and perhaps a disciplinarian coach then maybe Burfit is the better option.

For the record I don't see the eagles taking a LB in the first at 15, I think they are more likely to see which LBs are available in the second and third rounds.

Caulibflower
01-04-2012, 06:48 PM
For the record, Vontaze looks like a great athlete to me on film. Might not possess incredible speed, but there's a lot more to "athleticism" than speed. Love his size, and when he hits a runner, or the pile, it just stops. He looks really fluid and powerful. Really natural.

But he's SO DUMB. It's like he needs his mom to be standing there on the sideline to whack him with her purse for every time he jumps on some guy while he's getting up after going out of bounds.

But for all that, I'd actually like him on the Seahawks if he's there at #43. we've already got a solid defense, and he'd really add some serious punch in the middle of the field.

ElectricEye
01-04-2012, 06:58 PM

Yeah, not buying the 4.8 thing at all. Keuchly well could run low 4.6 too, I don't think he has below average speed.

I'd say that's true for both of these guys. They're not Patrick Willis or Urlacher fast, but come on, it doesn't take 4.4 speed to play NFL middle linebacker.

There's that too. 4.4 speed certainly helps, but it certainly isn't a requirement.

TACKLE
01-04-2012, 07:12 PM

Truth. When people talk about Willis they always talk say 'zomg he can make tacklezzz 40 yards downfield' but I really don't give a **** about that. Not to mention teams don't really run much pure Tampa 2 anymore so MLB's aren't asked to drop to the deep middle as much. I want my MIKE backer to be able to control the space 10 yard x 10 yard space in the in the box by having a solid understanding and feel of coverage in the pass game and the ability to meet FB's in the hole, shed blocks and make plays at the line of scrimmage in the run game.

On the topic of Luke, I believe he has the ability to be an even better version of Sean Lee which to me, warrants a Top 20 selection based on impact.

GaMeTiMe
01-05-2012, 12:29 AM
Well, this season demonstrated conclusively that the Eagles must either:
a) improve their linebacker corps.
or
b) stop running defensive plays that require top-end play from their linebackers.

It's possible they will do both.

Ding ding ding! You're hired!

The thing about Andy going LB this year is his job kind of depends on it. I'm still not sure it will happen, he's due to go DT and the class is ripe for the picking for him. I'm a certified Andyologist. The only other option is a trade back into the early-mid 2nd, which you can never oppose if you're getting high future picks.

ellsy82
01-05-2012, 12:56 AM
I don't think its even a question. Kuechly's above and beyond the better prospect. Perhaps not as athletic, but his instincts are almost supernatural. He's ALWAYS in the right place. Meanwhile, Burflict is on the field costing his team stupid penalties that could otherwise be avoided. If given the choice, I hope the Steelers take Kuechly. He's gonna be a great LB for some team.

PossibleCabbage
01-05-2012, 01:12 AM
I don't think its even a question. Kuechly's above and beyond the better prospect. Perhaps not as athletic, but his instincts are almost supernatural. He's ALWAYS in the right place.

I worry greatly that this sort of thing doesn't really translate that well to the NFL.

ellsy82
01-05-2012, 01:18 AM
I worry greatly that this sort of thing doesn't really translate that well to the NFL.

How so? A smart, instinctive player that's always around a play? To me, intelligence is just as important as physical ability. Disagree?

FUNBUNCHER
01-05-2012, 01:48 AM

Combined with film study, it's what separates the merely good to average Mikes from the special ones.

Guys like Kuechly have a much higher play recognition before and after the snap, which should allow him to play a few tenths of second faster than many ILBs.

He could end up being a JAG in the pros, but if Kuechly turns into a pro bowl Mike, I won't really be shocked.

Saints-Tigers
01-05-2012, 01:59 AM
Burfict is so violent, and the damage he does to piles is really just rare. He's so explosive in closed quarters, I'd be hard pressed not to take him.

DraftSavant
01-05-2012, 02:07 AM
Combined with film study, it's what separates the merely good to average Mikes from the special ones.

Guys like Kuechly have a much higher play recognition before and after the snap, which should allow him to play a few tenths of second faster than many ILBs.

He could end up being a JAG in the pros, but if Kuechly turns into a pro bowl Mike, I won't really be shocked.

Look at what a career Antonio Pierce had, and I think I'm faster than he is. Same for Zach Thomas.

ellsy82
01-05-2012, 06:40 AM
Burfict is so violent, and the damage he does to piles is really just rare. He's so explosive in closed quarters, I'd be hard pressed not to take him.

Maybe if you had another backer that could cover his deficiencies. I don't think he can be relied upon for 3-4 inside backer duties or any kind of 4-3 backer duties. Question I have for you, even if he would he hard to pass on, would you still take him over Kuechly?

coltsarenumber32
01-05-2012, 08:21 AM
Hi guys, first post here, just wanted to hit up this topic to start because I love Burfict and think he's going to be a stud at the next level.

I'm with the notion that Burfict would be ideal for the 3-4 and Kuechly for the 4-3, but I think Burfict is the bigger impact player. someone said they're scared of Kuechly a bit because he reminds them of Barrett Ruud. I don't know if he's Ruud but it's close.

Burfict isn't a very good wrap-up guy, but in today's 3-4, he doesn't really have to be. he just needs his instincts and that power. the guy explodes on the ball carrier and can just crush people. he's an impact defender that will only get better as he learns angles and improves his tackling.

JBCX
01-05-2012, 08:25 AM
Hi guys, first post here, just wanted to hit up this topic to start because I love Burfict and think he's going to be a stud at the next level.

I'm with the notion that Burfict would be ideal for the 3-4 and Kuechly for the 4-3, but I think Burfict is the bigger impact player. someone said they're scared of Kuechly a bit because he reminds them of Barrett Ruud. I don't know if he's Ruud but it's close.

Burfict isn't a very good wrap-up guy, but in today's 3-4, he doesn't really have to be. he just needs his instincts and that power. the guy explodes on the ball carrier and can just crush people. he's an impact defender that will only get better as he learns angles and improves his tackling.

How would Burfict look in a 4-3, specifically behind a Wide-9 scheme (such as the ones run in Philly and Detroit)?

FUNBUNCHER
01-05-2012, 08:41 AM
Burfict has developed a reputation as being borderline uncoachable.
Dennis Erickson has experience coaching stud LBs from his U. days, and I don't ever remember a case where he had a falling out with a top player like Burfict.

IMO is immature and that's going to to downgrade his with some GMs.
Right now I don't know where Burfict's head is at, and taking a guy who might melt down in the locker room or on the playing field would make me leery of taking him in the first.

PossibleCabbage
01-05-2012, 11:55 AM
How so? A smart, instinctive player that's always around a play? To me, intelligence is just as important as physical ability. Disagree?

The NFL game is faster, so a player who is smart and instinctive enough to always find himself around the play in college may be a step or a beat slow in recognition in the NFL.

There's nothing wrong with being smart, but "instinctive, always around the play" is something that has described numerous "safe" LB picks that didn't really turn out to be much in the NFL.

Roddoliver
02-27-2012, 01:18 PM
I guess the right answer is... Kuechly?

FUNBUNCHER
02-27-2012, 01:30 PM
The NFL game is faster, so a player who is smart and instinctive enough to always find himself around the play in college may be a step or a beat slow in recognition in the NFL.

There's nothing wrong with being smart, but "instinctive, always around the play" is something that has described numerous "safe" LB picks that didn't really turn out to be much in the NFL.

If a player is 'smart and instinctive' in college, why would he be a step slower in his recognition in the NFL??

Instincts and game film fluency allow a player to play faster than his measurables.
Instinctive is the ability to diagnose a play before it fully develops. If you recognize a screen pass before a QB makes his pivot to throw, your play making ability is going to be faster than a LB who doesn't recognize the play until the RB catches the football behind 3 or 4 lineman.

Kuechly could be AJ Hawk. Or he could be Urlacher. I lean towards the latter because his tackle production in college was off the charts and he frequently made plays that weren't his responsibility.
If a guy 'steals' tackles from his teammates in college, he's going to be productive in the pros IMO.

AntoinCD
02-27-2012, 01:42 PM
If a player is 'smart and instinctive' in college, why would he be a step slower in his recognition in the NFL??

Instincts and game film fluency allow a player to play faster than his measurables.
Instinctive is the ability to diagnose a play before it fully develops. If you recognize a screen pass before a QB makes his pivot to throw, your play making ability is going to be faster than a LB who doesn't recognize the play until the RB catches the football behind 3 or 4 lineman.

Kuechly could be AJ Hawk. Or he could be Urlacher. I lean towards the latter because his tackle production in college was off the charts and he frequently made plays that weren't his responsibility.
If a guy 'steals' tackles from his teammates in college, he's going to be productive in the pros IMO.

That's a big thing there. He averaged something like 180 tackles a year. Teams aren't stupid enough to run straight at him or throw underneath to guys running across his face all the time.

Kuechly made plays all over the place because while his teammates were still finding their keys he had already started running towards the play.

Instincts > timed speed, unless you're real slow

bitonti
02-27-2012, 01:56 PM
Kuechly could be AJ Hawk. Or he could be Urlacher. I lean towards the latter because his tackle production in college was off the charts

Urlacher was a free safety at New Mexico and returned kicks. They used him at WR at times. there were teams all set to draft him as a safety before the Bears took him as a cover2 MLB. Kuechly is not quite that athletic.

The real question is Kuechly 4.5 at 242 or Don'ta Hightower 4.6 at 265?

AntoinCD
02-27-2012, 02:10 PM
Urlacher was a free safety at New Mexico and returned kicks. They used him at WR at times. there were teams all set to draft him as a safety before the Bears took him as a cover2 MLB. Kuechly is not quite that athletic.

Depends on the scheme for me. Hightower can play any LB except WLB in a 43. I love his versatility and is a guy I would really look at for the Pats. Kuechly for me would be better suited for a 43. I don't really want to see him bang hats with interior linemen too often. Maybe use him in a Jerod Mayo/Lawrence Timmons type role but I'd definitely rather him in a 43.

FUNBUNCHER
02-27-2012, 02:34 PM

Urlacher was over 245# the months before the April draft. He was slotted as a LB by most scouts well before the end of the season. He was a 'safety' at New Mexico who basically played a rover position, both rushing the passer and covering intermediate and downfield.

I also meant as a pro, he could be one of the best ILBs in the game in 5 years, or a guy who struggles to find his level in the NFL.

killxswitch
02-27-2012, 02:35 PM
Well this is an easy question to answer now.

descendency
02-27-2012, 06:36 PM
Woops. I guess everyone is allowed one mistake every once in a while . . .

Personally, I still think Burfict should be better than Kuechly, physically, but something tells me he has given up. On the other hand Kuechly has really stepped his game up and proved he's the best ILB in this draft, bar none.

holt_bruce81
02-27-2012, 06:49 PM
Woops. I guess everyone is allowed one mistake every once in a while . . .

Personally, I still think Burfict should be better than Kuechly, physically, but something tells me he has given up. On the other hand Kuechly has really stepped his game up and proved he's the best ILB in this draft, bar none.

Proper coaching and he could be a beast. Ravens still would be a great spot for him, in the 3rd round.

diemertsdawgs
03-01-2012, 02:04 AM
Kuechly in a heartbeat.

jimmylishis
03-01-2012, 01:58 PM
Kuechly in a heartbeat.

Lol after taze runs the worst 40 at the combine

freeupfreeney
03-01-2012, 03:43 PM

Are you guys Joking.

He ran a 4.58 fourty and was in the top three of Every timed Combine event.

How is it that it is January 3rd and I've heard 5 people say Kuelchy is not an athlete.

I think he proved how much an athlete he is on Sunday.