PDA

View Full Version : Tim Tebow or Matthew Stafford

robert pancake gallery
01-03-2012, 01:27 PM
The argument was raised in the other thread that Stafford should have a shot at Tebow, so I decided to continue post whoring and create a second poll to see whether he has a case or not. If you are starting a franchise from scratch who you would you rather have leading your team: Matthew Stafford or Tim Tebow?

My objective analysis for each of the two quarterbacks that will hopefully make your decision easier is below:

Tim Tebow: All he does is win games, sell jerseyz, win national championships, win heismans, praise the lord jesus, make his teammates better, do a really good gator chomp, make good commercials with his mom, not practice premarital sex.

Matthew Stafford: The posterboy for the Detroit Lions, a franchise that loves to lose. He gets injured if you blow on him, he tricked people into thinking Mohammad Massaquoi was worthy of a second round pick in the NFL, he is coached by Jim Schwartz who tells his players to commit unsportsmanlike penalties then gets pissed off when someone shakes his hand too hard.

CameronCropper
01-03-2012, 01:29 PM
Matthew Stafford with one arm tied behind his back.

Brothgar
01-03-2012, 01:30 PM
This is idiotic and not thread worthy. Tim Tebow is the 8th best QB in his division.

PoopSandwich
01-03-2012, 01:30 PM
This is idiotic and not thread worthy. Tim Tebow is the 8th best QB in his division.

But the best halfback?

vidae
01-03-2012, 01:32 PM

You're being generous today.

Machiavelli
01-03-2012, 01:32 PM
Matthew Stafford with one arm tied behind his back.

His right one at that even.

Brothgar
01-03-2012, 01:33 PM
But the best halfback?

Run DMC > Jamaal Charles > Willis > Michael Bush > Taiwan Jones > Tim Tebow.

PoopSandwich
01-03-2012, 01:34 PM

:[ (10 char)

robert pancake gallery
01-03-2012, 01:34 PM

you forgot to include Big Money Thomas Jones.

prock
01-03-2012, 01:36 PM
Dumbest thread of all time.

Brothgar
01-03-2012, 01:36 PM
you forgot to include Big Money Thomas Jones.

And Mike Tolbert.

Da-Phins
01-03-2012, 01:39 PM
Is this guy serious? I mean really? Cmon son!

PoopSandwich
01-03-2012, 01:42 PM
What if the Broncos ended up playing the Lions in the Super Bowl and both QB's actually ended up throwing for like 400+ yards.

Caulibflower
01-03-2012, 01:47 PM
My objective analysis for each of the two quarterbacks that will hopefully make your decision easier is below:

Tim Tebow: All he does is win games,

Uh...?

sell jerseyz, win national championships, win heismans, praise the lord jesus, make his teammates better, do a really good gator chomp, make good commercials with his mom, not practice premarital sex.

Well, he does those things. I VOTE TEBOW.

Razor
01-03-2012, 01:49 PM

Agreed. And who the **** is Matthew Stanford?

Brodeur
01-03-2012, 01:52 PM
Stafford played all 16 games this year and got smoked dozens of times, so that whole getting injured by blowing on him thing doesn't work anymore.

robert pancake gallery
01-03-2012, 01:53 PM
the reason i think it is an interesting argument is because statistically a lot of people would be lead to believe that stafford is the superior quarterback, but tebow wins more games and has more intangible value, which ultimately in most peoples' minds makes tebow the obvious candidate

it reminds me of a similar debate i have seen in the past with derek jeter vs barry bands; would you rather have derek jeter, the captain of america's team who leads his team to wins because of his superhuman clutch qualities, or would you rather have this big-headed steroid abuser who disobeys jesus? plus throw in how great jeter plays defense (just look at his gold gloves, case closed), and think about how he has that extra quality that can't really be described, almost as though it was completely fabricated by the media and doesn't actually exist, but it does exist because it has to exist.

i'm not saying stanford is barry bands, but he probably has taken steroids at some point.

Brodeur
01-03-2012, 01:57 PM
I'm starting to like this guy.

DraftSavant
01-03-2012, 02:00 PM
I'm starting to like this guy.

Me too. (10)

Brothgar
01-03-2012, 02:00 PM
the reason i think it is an interesting argument is because statistically a lot of people would be lead to believe that stafford is the superior quarterback, but tebow wins more games and has more intangible value.

i'm not saying stanford is barry bands, but he probably has taken steroids at some point.

http://memecreator.net/holy-advice-dog/showimage.php/114/Not-sure-if-serious-or-just-being-a-troll.jpg

WMD
01-03-2012, 02:06 PM
Obviously the answer is Tebow. He loves him some Jaysus.

Forenci
01-03-2012, 02:08 PM
Troll thread is trolling?

robert pancake gallery
i didn't want to have to do this, but with all the lions fans responses i feel like you are missing just how hard tebow works, so i included a video

Tmz-ECHYoo8

if you listen to the trainer during that one exercise he talks about he retracts and holds the dumbbells at the top of his lift, not everyone goes that extra mile.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
Examining their NFL careers, they're pretty even. Both have one playoff appearance, but it's coming this weekend so we can't compare. Stafford had injury troubles earlier in his career, so we'll have to count that against him. Slight edge Tebow.

In college, Tebow has 2 NCs to Stafford's zero. Tebow has one Heisman and was invited to NY 3 times. Stafford has zero trophies and AFAIK was never invited to NY for the ceremony. So college is a clear point for Tebow.

So I think it's pretty clear that Tebow is the better choice here. I like Stafford a lot, but he has a way to go before he can be called better than Tebow.

Crazy_Chris
01-03-2012, 02:30 PM
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/search.php?searchid=840296

RPG has been Tebow trolling for a while now. For his excellence in doing such I think he has legitly earned a golden troll award... Congrats!

http://www.jeremyreimer.com/postman/files/images/Golden-Troll-Award.jpg

Caulibflower
01-03-2012, 02:47 PM
think about how he has that extra quality that can't really be described, almost as though it was completely fabricated by the media and doesn't actually exist, but it does exist because it has to exist.

The ontological argument for the existence of Tebow's ability to be an NFL quarterback. Very nice.

tjsunstein
01-03-2012, 03:06 PM
It's worse than I could have ever imagined.

Attempt at humor isn't so funny.

CJSchneider
01-03-2012, 03:08 PM
http://joyreactor.ru/pics/comment/%D0%BF%D0%B5%D1%81%D0%BE%D1%87%D0%BD%D0%B8%D1%86%D 0%B0-24451.jpeg

Forenci
01-03-2012, 03:08 PM
http://joyreactor.ru/pics/comment/%D0%BF%D0%B5%D1%81%D0%BE%D1%87%D0%BD%D0%B8%D1%86%D 0%B0-24451.jpeg

Don't worry. You're like 90. You won't have to much longer.

(<3 you CJ!)

Mr. Goosemahn
01-03-2012, 03:11 PM
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/search.php?searchid=840296

RPG has been Tebow trolling for a while now. For his excellence in doing such I think he has legitly earned a golden troll award... Congrats!

http://www.jeremyreimer.com/postman/files/images/Golden-Troll-Award.jpg

That is...actually pretty impressive.

DBNYDP
01-03-2012, 03:39 PM
I'm a Broncos fan and even believe Tim Tebow might turn into an NFL QB but I'll trade my left nut with Tim Tebow for Matt Stafford.

noondog
01-03-2012, 03:40 PM
The argument was raised in the other thread that Stafford should have a shot at Tebow, so I decided to continue post whoring and create a second poll to see whether he has a case or not. If you are starting a franchise from scratch who you would you rather have leading your team: Matthew Stafford or Tim Tebow?

Tim Tebow: All he does is win games, sell jerseyz, win national championships, win heismans, praise the lord jesus, make his teammates better, do a really good gator chomp, make good commercials with his mom, not practice premarital sex.

Matthew Stafford: The posterboy for the Detroit Lions, a franchise that loves to lose. He gets injured if you blow on him, he tricked people into thinking Mohammad Massaquoi was worthy of a second round pick in the NFL, he is coached by Jim Schwartz who tells his players to commit unsportsmanlike penalties then gets pissed off when someone shakes his hand too hard.

Utterly ridiculous "analysis". I just have to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you were drunk when writing this and trying to be funny. Anyhow, as you stated in the franchise QB thread, you'll let the poll results tell the tale of the tape and I think they have. Let's put this asinine debate to rest. Scoreboard.

Stash
01-03-2012, 03:58 PM
Can I change my vote to Tebow?

SickwithIt1010
01-03-2012, 04:01 PM
Hope this is a joke...lol

BeerBaron
01-03-2012, 04:03 PM
Is this a real ******* question?

Bulldogs
01-03-2012, 04:46 PM
Check out RPG's past posts, if you can't see that this is an obvious troll you truly fail. He's no Breed.

robert pancake gallery
01-03-2012, 06:02 PM
Utterly ridiculous "analysis". I just have to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you were drunk when writing this and trying to be funny. Anyhow, as you stated in the franchise QB thread, you'll let the poll results tell the tale of the tape and I think they have. Let's put this asinine debate to rest. Scoreboard.

i'm not disagreeing with you, but as i mentioned earlier in the thread i thought it posed an interesting question as to how much people weigh statistical performance versus actual on field performance; you won't find an argument from me that stafford has more passing yards or touchdowns, but i think you and everyone else would agree that tim tebow won the heisman and was a member of national championship teams, which is what matters in the NFL

another relevant debate that i see thrown around is a player like lebron james who gets all of these great stats, versus a guy like jason terry who scores half as much, yet gives his team a chance to succeed. i'm not saying jason terry is as good as lebron necessarily, but i think if you are starting a new franchise there is going to be that moment of hesitation over whether you choose lebron or terry.

but as you said, the poll results don't lie; i do think it is too small of a sample size to draw any definitive answer to the debate however, and it will probably keep going which is what i think is great about sports: it gives us a chance to argue about who is better than who, and what player is considered the best of all time at a particular sport from different eras and whatnot.

Bulldogs
01-03-2012, 06:12 PM
Zk6IRGSDeOE

Bucs_Rule
01-03-2012, 07:04 PM
Bump this when Tebow wins the Superbowl.

TimD
01-03-2012, 07:05 PM
this cant be a real thread...

maybe tim tebow vs mark sanchez

boknows34
01-03-2012, 08:25 PM
but i think you and everyone else would agree that tim tebow won the heisman and was a member of national championship teams, which is what matters in the NFL.

Um, what? How many national championships and Heismans did Peyton, Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Big Ben, Eli, Rivers, Ryan, Montana, Marino, Favre all win?

Gino Torretta, Danny Wuerffel, Jason White, Chris Weinke, Charlie Ward, Eric Crouch, Troy Smith, Ty Detmer, Craig Krenzel, Ken Dorsey ..... has the penny dropped yet?

Timbathia
01-03-2012, 08:42 PM
I honestly think that Tebow could become the greatest QB in the history of the NFL at 2 point conversions. Way better than Stafford.

Hang on, what was the question?

robert pancake gallery
01-03-2012, 09:49 PM
Um, what? How many national championships and Heismans did Peyton, Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Big Ben, Eli, Rivers, Ryan, Montana, Marino, Favre all win?

Gino Torretta, Danny Wuerffel, Jason White, Chris Weinke, Charlie Ward, Eric Crouch, Troy Smith, Ty Detmer, Craig Krenzel, Ken Dorsey ..... has the penny dropped yet?

i get that there are some rare instances where the player through some set of freak circumstances is unable to directly translate his NCAA success to the NFL, but for every eric crouch there is a vinny testaverde

01-03-2012, 10:16 PM

What about all the other players who never won **** in college? The success rate of QBs with NCs and/or Heismans is way better than those without. Kyle Wright never won **** and he is/was ass. There are like, hundreds upon hundreds of examples.

nobodyinparticular
01-03-2012, 10:48 PM
it reminds me of a similar debate i have seen in the past with derek jeter vs barry bands; would you rather have derek jeter, the captain of america's team who leads his team to wins because of his superhuman clutch qualities, or would you rather have this big-headed steroid abuser who disobeys jesus? plus throw in how great jeter plays defense (just look at his gold gloves, case closed), and think about how he has that extra quality that can't really be described, almost as though it was completely fabricated by the media and doesn't actually exist, but it does exist because it has to exist.

You're missing the point. The fallacy in this comparison is that Jeter is actually a good baseball player. Tim Tebow is not a good football player.

Example:
Derek Jeter is 8th among active baseball players in career batting average.
Derek Jeter has been top 6 in WAR (among position players) 6 times
Derek Jeter was top 10 in offensive WAR 9 times in 12 seasons from 98-09.
Derek Jeter is 25th ALL TIME in offensive WAR, above Chipper Jones, Ken Griffey Jr, Manny Ramirez and Reggie Jackson (to name a few)

On the other hand:
Tim Tebow makes Chuck Knoblauch look like a dead-eye sharpshooter in the accuracy department
Tim Tebow's accuracy was 34th of 34 this season. There were 2nd stringers better than him.
Tim Tebow's failures in the accuracy department are the worst in DECADES. The last time a passer attempted 250 passes and completed less than 47% of them was Akili Smith in 2000. That Akili Smith. There have been only 20 QBs who have completed the feat since 1967.
Tim Tebow has fumbled a total of 13 times, more than Matt Stafford and Matt Ryan combined

Really, it was a very apt comparison between Jeter and Tebow. There are great similarities between the two. Except Derek Jeter brings tangible, Hall of Fame production to the table while Tim Tebow brings new lows to QB position of the past 20 years.

Good job.

Brodeur
01-03-2012, 11:13 PM
I think people are missing how much of a parody this man is.

Brothgar
01-03-2012, 11:17 PM
I think people are missing how much of a parody this man is.

Its hard when he sounds so much like all the real Tebow apologists like Skip Baseless

BigBanger
01-03-2012, 11:20 PM
Matt Stafford threw for over 5,000 yards and 41 TDs in his first full season as a starter.

Just throwing that out there.

Brodeur
01-03-2012, 11:22 PM
Its hard when he sounds so much like all the real Tebow apologists like Skip Baseless

That's how good parodies work.

01-03-2012, 11:25 PM
Apologists? Maybe because we're apologizing to the rest of the league for being so rude as to introduce such a dominant force into it.

robert pancake gallery
01-03-2012, 11:43 PM
You're missing the point. The fallacy in this comparison is that Jeter is actually a good baseball player. Tim Tebow is not a good football player.

Example:
Derek Jeter is 25th ALL TIME in offensive WAR, above Chipper Jones, Ken Griffey Jr, Manny Ramirez and Reggie Jackson (to name a few)

On the other hand:
Tim Tebow makes Chuck Knoblauch look like a dead-eye sharpshooter in the accuracy department
Tim Tebow's accuracy was 34th of 34 this season. There were 2nd stringers better than him.
Tim Tebow's failures in the accuracy department are the worst in DECADES. The last time a passer attempted 250 passes and completed less than 47% of them was Akili Smith in 2000. That Akili Smith. There have been only 20 QBs who have completed the feat since 1967.
Tim Tebow has fumbled a total of 13 times, more than Matt Stafford and Matt Ryan combined

Really, it was a very apt comparison between Jeter and Tebow. There are great similarities between the two. Except Derek Jeter brings tangible, Hall of Fame production to the table while Tim Tebow brings new lows to QB position of the past 20 years.

Good job.

all of these statistics are entirely relevant to the discussion, and i get that; there is a reason why some might say tebow has even struggled his past few games, and it largely has to do with the measurable statistics that show up in the box score that we use to benchmark a player's performance. but i think you would agree that these end statistics are a gross oversimplification of what is actually occurring in the field of play.

when tebow steps into the huddle, use your DVR or whatever and pause the television. pan over to the defense, and look at the eyes of the players in the huddle; look at the way the defenses line up prior to the play, and how there is almost this subtle hesitation in their positioning, like somewhere they have this underlying fear that tebow is going to somehow leave them vulnerable. even marion barber felt it, and tebow was on the sidelines at the time.

i'm not making the argument that tebow is a great quarterback, or even a good quarterback for that matter; i am making the argument that tim tebow transcends the quarterback position in the traditional sense, and we must develop less rudimentary metrics for evaluating the passer's performance besides using passing statistics like completions and yards.

Rosebud
01-03-2012, 11:45 PM

Any man who argues with Skip Bayless is a fool.

noondog
01-04-2012, 01:32 AM
all of these statistics are entirely relevant to the discussion, and i get that; there is a reason why some might say tebow has even struggled his past few games, and it largely has to do with the measurable statistics that show up in the box score that we use to benchmark a player's performance. but i think you would agree that these end statistics are a gross oversimplification of what is actually occurring in the field of play.

when tebow steps into the huddle, use your DVR or whatever and pause the television. pan over to the defense, and look at the eyes of the players in the huddle; look at the way the defenses line up prior to the play, and how there is almost this subtle hesitation in their positioning, like somewhere they have this underlying fear that tebow is going to somehow leave them vulnerable. even marion barber felt it, and tebow was on the sidelines at the time.

i'm not making the argument that tebow is a great quarterback, or even a good quarterback for that matter; i am making the argument that tim tebow transcends the quarterback position in the traditional sense, and we must develop less rudimentary metrics for evaluating the passer's performance besides using passing statistics like completions and yards.

Or we can just wait for the law of averages to kick in, realize that their is a direct correlation between "rudimentary" passing statistics and on-field performance, and dispel any notion that Tebow is even close to resembling a QB that any NFL team would want to build their franchise around.

PoopSandwich
01-04-2012, 01:46 AM
Or we can just wait for the law of averages to kick in, realize that their is a direct correlation between "rudimentary" passing statistics and on-field performance, and dispel any notion that Tebow is even close to resembling a QB that any NFL team would want to build their franchise around.

How can you even possibly take that last post serious?

Raiderz4Life
01-04-2012, 02:17 AM
How did nobody catch that he spelled barry bonds as barry bands like 3 times?? Lol

Also those posts are horrible even by troll standards...you sir have to go back to Breed's and GRF's school of trolling.

PoopSandwich
01-04-2012, 02:29 AM
How did nobody catch that he spelled barry bonds as barry bands like 3 times?? Lol

Also those posts are horrible even by troll standards...you sire have to go back to Breed's and GRF's school of trolling.

Apparently they were good enough to get like 10 different people worked up haha

Raiderz4Life
01-04-2012, 02:36 AM
I knew he was trolling when he compared tebus to a low-life like Matthew Stafford...it is obvious Tebow is in the Rodgerzzz tier...Stafford is in the..."he only looks good cuz he's throwing to a gtdamn decepticon for christ sake!" tier.

Brodeur
01-04-2012, 02:37 AM

Also those posts are horrible even by troll standards...you sir have to go back to Breed's and GRF's school of trolling.

Breed and GRF were both overrated (in the case of GRF) or annoying trolls, this guy is just funny.

Bucs_Rule
01-04-2012, 02:46 AM
In the KC game Tebow was indecisive and confused. He'd hold onto the ball way too long, even when receivers were open. That's a guy not trusting what he sees, likely a result of the picks in the Buffalo game.

He wasn't as calm when being pressured as before. Seems desperate to get away from defenders that he doesn't look where he's turning too, often running smack in other defenders. Doesn't do the quick cuts and moves as before.

He has to get his confidence up foremost.

DBNYDP
01-04-2012, 12:37 PM
When Tebow gets in the game just zoom in a defensive player's crotch, you can just see their balls drop in fear of the slaughter they are about to experience.

Bulldogs
01-04-2012, 01:09 PM
Breed and GRF were both overrated (in the case of GRF) or annoying trolls, this guy is just funny.

WRONG! I stood by Breed from the beginning. Few of us could see his true greatness. I think he got under your skin a little.

WCH
01-04-2012, 01:36 PM
http://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m508/jgsimmerman/tebowpoll.jpg

The mark of the beast! People had it backwards!

PoopSandwich
01-04-2012, 01:39 PM
Clearly Tebow is better, the sample size is large enough at this point.

VernonLawson89
01-04-2012, 01:42 PM
Not sure if serious.....

Complex
01-04-2012, 01:44 PM
Examining their NFL careers, they're pretty even. Both have one playoff appearance, but it's coming this weekend so we can't compare. Stafford had injury troubles earlier in his career, so we'll have to count that against him. Slight edge Tebow.

In college, Tebow has 2 NCs to Stafford's zero. Tebow has one Heisman and was invited to NY 3 times. Stafford has zero trophies and AFAIK was never invited to NY for the ceremony. So college is a clear point for Tebow.

So I think it's pretty clear that Tebow is the better choice here. I like Stafford a lot, but he has a way to go before he can be called better than Tebow.

I agree 100% with this post. It's laughable that people think Stafford is better than Tebow. Tebow will win a SB before Stafford wins one if he ever does.

boknows34
01-04-2012, 01:58 PM
Is it April 1st?

... and the irony of Tebow's vote rigger leaving him with 666 votes.

vikes_28
01-04-2012, 02:34 PM
Umm wtf. Why does tim tebow have 600+ votes. He's not THAT good.

Saints-Tigers
01-04-2012, 02:36 PM
Breed was never a good troll. When a troll is 100% obvious right from the jump, it's not good trolling.

Edit: At least this is sort of humorous in the obvious way though, haha.

noondog
01-04-2012, 02:50 PM
I clearly sit corrected. Hopefully Mayhew can dupe the Jets and trade Staff for the Sanchize and turn our ship around.

Even better, try to dupe Elway for Tebow, but he would never take Staff off our hands.

01-04-2012, 03:13 PM

Example:

On the other hand:

Good job.

In baseball, you stand up there against the pitcher. It's one on one. You can easily take individual statistics from baseball because teammates hardly matter in terms of batting statistics. Any time you deliver a hit, or get on base, you're helping your team, and any time you produce an out, you're hurting your team. It's that simple in baseball.

But football is not baseball. The balls are different shapes. The fields are different shapes. Football has more guys on the field. So it's a lot more difficult to produce stats that accurately portray what a player does to impact the win column. The stats do a great job of telling you who is getting yards or touchdowns or tackles, but they don't tell you who is winning games. A few years ago when Brees came within like 15 yards of Marino's passing record, his team didn't even make the playoffs. So if he was so good that year, why wasn't he winning games? It doesn't make any sense. The only logical conclusion is that he wasn't actually good, and was just padding his stats in ways that did not help the team.

You bring up passing accuracy? Who cares about passing accuracy? At the end of the game, do the stat geeks get together and decide who won the game based on being a more accurate passer? Of course not. They decide who wins based on who did more things to win. And usually, the team that wins is the team that has Tim Tebow on it.

Sloopy
01-04-2012, 04:23 PM
Zk6IRGSDeOE

This is probably one of my favorite videos involving skip ever... and Suggs with the ball so hard university T-shirt. LMAO

As for this poll... LOL how did 671 people vote for Tebow? I don't even think we have that many active users.

Complex
01-04-2012, 04:28 PM
This is probably one of my favorite videos involving skip ever... and Suggs with the ball so hard university T-shirt. LMAO

As for this poll... LOL how did 671 people vote for Tebow? I don't even think we have that many active users.

People recognize greatness

Saints-Tigers
01-04-2012, 04:34 PM
In baseball, you stand up there against the pitcher. It's one on one. You can easily take individual statistics from baseball because teammates hardly matter in terms of batting statistics. Any time you deliver a hit, or get on base, you're helping your team, and any time you produce an out, you're hurting your team. It's that simple in baseball.

But football is not baseball. The balls are different shapes. The fields are different shapes. Football has more guys on the field. So it's a lot more difficult to produce stats that accurately portray what a player does to impact the win column. The stats do a great job of telling you who is getting yards or touchdowns or tackles, but they don't tell you who is winning games. A few years ago when Brees came within like 15 yards of Marino's passing record, his team didn't even make the playoffs. So if he was so good that year, why wasn't he winning games? It doesn't make any sense. The only logical conclusion is that he wasn't actually good, and was just padding his stats in ways that did not help the team.

You bring up passing accuracy? Who cares about passing accuracy? At the end of the game, do the stat geeks get together and decide who won the game based on being a more accurate passer? Of course not. They decide who wins based on who did more things to win. And usually, the team that wins is the team that has Tim Tebow on it.

Or, maybe the logical conclusion was that the rest of the team wasn't pulling their weight, and Brees was winning games, but there are 22 guys on the field at once, and you can't have just one playing great to win.

jrdrylie
01-04-2012, 04:35 PM

Upon my initial reading of this thread, I thought your Tebow love was all in jest, but apparently not. The only thing Tebow supporters can bring up when discussing him is that he wins. You yourself just basically said Tebow is more of a winner than Stafford.

But Tebow is 7-4 while Stafford is 10-6. Tebow has a slightly higher winning percentage (.636 vs. .625). But how many playoff teams did he beat? None. And who won when the Broncos played the Lions? Oh yeah, Stafford and the Lions by five touchdowns. So similar winning percentages, vastly superior stats,a head-to-head domination, and vastly superior tools are enough to let me say Stafford is better.

This thread was created by an obvious troll. The fact that there are actually a few people that think Tebow is a better QB than Matt Stafford is absolutely shocking.

Sloopy
01-04-2012, 04:41 PM
People recognize greatness

This must be it... more like people mistake mediocrity that the media has a hard on over for greatness

Crazy_Chris
01-04-2012, 04:47 PM
Upon my initial reading of this thread, I thought your Tebow love was all in jest, but apparently not. The only thing Tebow supporters can bring up when discussing him is that he wins. You yourself just basically said Tebow is more of a winner than Stafford.

But Tebow is 7-4 while Stafford is 10-6. Tebow has a slightly higher winning percentage (.636 vs. .625). But how many playoff teams did he beat? None. And who won when the Broncos played the Lions? Oh yeah, Stafford and the Lions by five touchdowns. So similar winning percentages, vastly superior stats,a head-to-head domination, and vastly superior tools are enough to let me say Stafford is better.

This thread was created by an obvious troll. The fact that there are actually a few people that think Tebow is a better QB than Matt Stafford is absolutely shocking.

What SABF is saying about Tebow is in jest...

Hopefully if Tebow stinks it up this weekend(which we can only assume he will), people will see that the last 4 awful games are far more indicative of who Tebow is than the random 6 game winning streak he pulled from his ass.

That quote is from the Denver Broncos discussion.

Complex
01-04-2012, 04:56 PM
It's funny how serious some people get over people clearly trolling.

01-04-2012, 05:00 PM
Or, maybe the logical conclusion was that the rest of the team wasn't pulling their weight, and Brees was winning games, but there are 22 guys on the field at once, and you can't have just one playing great to win.

Excuses, excuses. Denver was 1-4 when Tebow took over. They were in the Andrew Luck race. But it didn't stop him from turning the team around, and putting them in the playoff race.

01-04-2012, 05:02 PM
What SABF is saying about Tebow is in jest...

That quote is from the Denver Broncos discussion.
Actually, that is the comment that was in jest.

PackerLegend
01-04-2012, 05:04 PM
Why would you make such a stupid ****ing obvious *** thread you dumb****.....

Its Tebow obviously :D

Bulldogs
01-04-2012, 05:34 PM

You serious? Tim Tebow is far and away the better passer.

Complex
01-04-2012, 05:42 PM
If Tebow had Megatron he could do what Stafford is doing and Lob the ball up in the air and have Megatron come down with it. He could easily have 50 TD passes but no he has Eric Decker. Tebow is only a human after all, he can only do so much.

DraftSavant
01-04-2012, 05:58 PM
Problem, NFL?

boknows34
01-04-2012, 05:58 PM
Tebow has used up all his luck already. The clock has struck midnight and, like Suggs said, he simply can't rely on his kicker making 59 yd FGs to win games. That's not a recipe for long-term success.

Observations and notes from the coaches tape.

http://nflfilms.nfl.com/2012/01/04/cosells-watching-tebow-must-learn-how-to-pass/

* Tebow running on 3rd down is a significant part of the Broncos offense, It’s one of the only ways they can sustain offense.

* Tebow needs to learn what open is in the NFL, Right now he is not pulling the trigger on primary read throws that are there.

* Broncos run the most elementary and remedial pass game in the NFL re: route combinations and QB reads.

* Broncos got almost exclusive man coverage on the outside and they did not attempt to take advantage of it with Tebow throwing the ball.

* Tebow needs major technique and lower body work throwing the ball; Bad tendency to lift his back leg off the ground before he delivers the ball, That dramatically slows down his arm speed and limits velocity.

* Chiefs approach was to keep Tebow in the pocket and make him throw the ball, They featured a controlled 4 man rush and very little blitzing.

* Tebow at this point is not an anticipation passer, Waits too long to deliver the ball when receivers break open.

* Chiefs did an outstanding job with their outside contain defender preventing Tebow from getting outside an a runner, Tebow was a non-factor as a runner.

Cosell on Stafford:

http://nflfilms.nfl.com/2012/01/02/cosell-talks-stafford-smith-contending-pretending/#more-6000

Stafford has thrown more passes than any quarterback in the league. No quarterback has thrown more passes on third down. That tells you how Jim Schwartz and the offensive staff feel about Stafford. He’s the focal point by choice, the player around whom the success of the Lions revolves.

Stafford is an elite arm talent, capable of making any throw at any time. He has outstanding arm strength, plus the willingness to make tight passes into small windows. He can make those tough third down throws in critical situations against blitz and complex coverage schemes.

The concern with Stafford has been his accuracy, and at times questionable decision-making. He can be erratic and scattershot, and throughout the season, that has led to missed opportunities and turnovers. Certainly, Stafford’s inconsistency has been responsible for some poor offensive performances.

When Stafford is at his best, as he was in the fourth quarter against the Raiders three weeks ago and in the playoff clinching win against San Diego, you see a true lead quarterback who is his team’s centerpiece. As 11 year veteran center Dominic Raiola said after the Chargers win, “You need a great quarterback to win in this league and we got one. He’s the real deal”.

01-04-2012, 06:25 PM
If Tebow had Megatron he could do what Stafford is doing and Lob the ball up in the air and have Megatron come down with it. He could easily have 50 TD passes but no he has Eric Decker. Tebow is only a human after all, he can only do so much.

+1. Decker and Thomas are pretty good young players, but they're no Calvin Johnson. I really think Stafford's accuracy would be exposed if he didn't have a freak to throw to. In fact, looking at the numbers, he completed only 45% of his passes to people who aren't nicknamed after Transformers.

Tebow has used up all his luck already. The clock has struck midnight and, like Suggs said, he simply can't rely on his kicker making 59 yd FGs to win games. That's not a recipe for long-term success.

Observations and notes from the coaches tape.

http://nflfilms.nfl.com/2012/01/04/cosells-watching-tebow-must-learn-how-to-pass/

Cosell on Stafford:

http://nflfilms.nfl.com/2012/01/02/cosell-talks-stafford-smith-contending-pretending/#more-6000

Stafford has thrown more passes than any quarterback in the league. No quarterback has thrown more passes on third down. That tells you how Jim Schwartz and the offensive staff feel about Stafford. He’s the focal point by choice, the player around whom the success of the Lions revolves.

Stafford is an elite arm talent, capable of making any throw at any time. He has outstanding arm strength, plus the willingness to make tight passes into small windows. He can make those tough third down throws in critical situations against blitz and complex coverage schemes.

The concern with Stafford has been his accuracy, and at times questionable decision-making. He can be erratic and scattershot, and throughout the season, that has led to missed opportunities and turnovers. Certainly, Stafford’s inconsistency has been responsible for some poor offensive performances.

When Stafford is at his best, as he was in the fourth quarter against the Raiders three weeks ago and in the playoff clinching win against San Diego, you see a true lead quarterback who is his team’s centerpiece. As 11 year veteran center Dominic Raiola said after the Chargers win, “You need a great quarterback to win in this league and we got one. He’s the real deal”.

Stafford is passing the ball because his coaches know that defense isn't great. They're going to need to outscore people, because they aren't gonna be able to win a low-scoring game with that D. The Broncos defense has been playing pretty well, so John Fox knows he can play a more conservative style. Schwarz doesn't have that luxury, so Stafford has to throw more, while Tebow doesn't have to. Tebow could throw every play if he wanted to, but he's willing to sacrifice his numbers in order to win. And the proof is in the pudding, the difference between their winning percentages this year, when extrapolated to a 16 game season results in a difference of almost a 5th of a game. That may not sound like much, but a 5th of a game difference would have swung the AFC West completely.

Raiderz4Life
01-04-2012, 06:27 PM
+1. Decker and Thomas are pretty good young players, but they're no Calvin Johnson. I really think Stafford's accuracy would be exposed if he didn't have a freak to throw to. In fact, looking at the numbers, he completed only 45% of his passes to people who aren't nicknamed after Transformers. .

I knew he was trolling when he compared tebus to a low-life like Matthew Stafford...it is obvious Tebow is in the Rodgerzzz tier...Stafford is in the..."he only looks good cuz he's throwing to a gtdamn decepticon for christ sake!" tier.

Almost what I said.

DraftSavant
01-04-2012, 06:27 PM
+1. Decker and Thomas are pretty good young players, but they're no Calvin Johnson. I really think Stafford's accuracy would be exposed if he didn't have a freak to throw to. In fact, looking at the numbers, he completed only 45% of his passes to people who aren't nicknamed after Transformers.

Stafford is passing the ball because his coaches know that defense isn't great. They're going to need to outscore people, because they aren't gonna be able to win a low-scoring game with that D. The Broncos defense has been playing pretty well, so John Fox knows he can play a more conservative style. Schwarz doesn't have that luxury, so Stafford has to throw more, while Tebow doesn't have to. Tebow could throw every play if he wanted to, but he's willing to sacrifice his numbers in order to win. And the proof is in the pudding, the difference between their winning percentages this year, when extrapolated to a 16 game season results in a difference of almost a 5th of a game. That may not sound like much, but a 5th of a game difference would have swung the AFC West completely.

Aliquippa don't miss.

robert pancake gallery
01-08-2012, 07:08 PM
all he does is win gamez.

01-08-2012, 07:13 PM
Tebow 1-0 Stafford 0-1.

Tebow 3 TD 0 TO Stafford 4 TD 2 TO

Steelers #1 Pass defense #1 overall defense.

Sains #30 pass defense #30 overall.

Stafford has Calvin Johnson, Tebow's #1 receiver was out for the game in the 1st Q....

Tebow throws for more yards than anybody this season against the Steelers...

Those are all facts.

Complex
01-08-2012, 07:13 PM
I was going to bump this thread

Tebow>>>>Stafford and Jay Cutler

Stafford and Jay have won a combined 0 championships in college and the pros. Tebow has 2 championships.

Tebow has won a hesiman and the other 2 have won nothing

Stafford and Cutler have won 1 playoff game combined against the 7-9 seahawks. Tebow beat the 12-4 steelers.

Tebow>>>Stafford

PoopSandwich
01-08-2012, 07:14 PM
Tebowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

robert pancake gallery
01-08-2012, 07:37 PM
i had a moment to reflect on today's game, after witnessing stafford fall flat and seeing tebow triumph it also occurred to me that there is another element to this debate:

demaryius thomas vs. calvin johnson; both georgia tech wide receiver products, both first round picks. i always thought calvin was the better yellowjacket, but i guess part of that was having the great reggie ball throw him passes in college. i feel like some of tebow's magic is rubbing off on thomas and he is now what i would consider to be an elite wide receiver. all he does is catch game winnerz.

BloodBrother
01-08-2012, 07:39 PM
Tebow>Matt Ryan>Joe Flacco

dude winzzzz in the playoffs

Bulldogs
01-08-2012, 07:42 PM
Tebow > Matt Flynn > Aaron Rodgers

niel89
01-08-2012, 07:55 PM
Tebow>Matt Ryan>Joe Flacco

dude winzzzz in the playoffs

Hey if its playoff winzzz then Flacco>Ryan :D

BloodBrother
01-08-2012, 07:57 PM
Tebow > Matt Flynn >Alex Smith> Aaron Rodgers

FTFY(10. char)

J-Mike88
01-08-2012, 07:59 PM
Tebow 1-0 Stafford 0-1.

Tebow 3 TD 0 TO Stafford 3 TD 2 TO

Steelers #1 Pass defense #1 overall defense.

Sains #30 pass defense #30 overall.

Stafford has Calvin Johnson, Tebow's #1 receiver was out for the game in the 1st Q....

Tebow throws for more yards than anybody this season against the Steelers...

Those are all facts.
Those are all facts, and they are in the record books now.
But Stafford still throws a prettier ball, and doesn't have as long a windup as Tebow or Matty Ice.
Isn't that more important than playoff wins?

01-08-2012, 08:18 PM
Those are all facts, and they are in the record books now.
But Stafford still throws a prettier ball, and doesn't have as long a windup as Tebow or Matty Ice.
Isn't that more important than playoff wins?

I guess if you're a draft evaluator. But if you're a draft evaluator, Brady Quinn looked a lot better than Tim Tebow.

Just like he did tonight, when Tebow was out dirtying himself and working up a sweat, Quinn was looking calm and handsome on that bench.

PoopSandwich
01-08-2012, 08:50 PM
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y132/Defiantmac/AREYOUNOTENTERTAINED.jpg

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?

IS THIS NOT WHY YOU WERE HERE?

King Carls 5 Year Plan
01-08-2012, 08:54 PM
this is the greatest thread ever.

the mark of the Beast and he has risen. i thought Tebow was the Son of God and turns out he maybe the Antichrist. it makes so much sense now. how could i have been so nearsighted?

The term or title antichrist, in Christian theology, refers to a leader who fulfills Biblical prophecies concerning an adversary of Christ, while resembling him in a deceptive manner. The antichrist will seemingly provide for the needs of the people but deny them ultimate salvation.

for this reason, Tebow is far greater than anyone could ever imagine.

49erNation85
01-08-2012, 09:03 PM
While this is a great thread it won't be epic until tebow can beat the Pats and win the super bowl .

wogitalia
01-08-2012, 09:45 PM
I feel sorry for all the people who fell for the troll session in this thread.

Nice work rpg!

irishbucsfan
01-08-2012, 10:42 PM
Who said anything about trolling General?

http://www.oschti.ch/The-Rock-Fels-der-Entscheidung/8/Film/Z-Gregory-Sporleder-Captain-Frye-The-Rock.jpg

TitansCJftw
01-08-2012, 10:44 PM
tebow 666 ftw

MI_Buckeye
01-09-2012, 12:25 AM
[QUOTE=MichaelJordanEberle (sabf);2811776]+1. Decker and Thomas are pretty good young players, but they're no Calvin Johnson. I really think Stafford's accuracy would be exposed if he didn't have a freak to throw to. In fact, looking at the numbers, he completed only 45% of his passes to people who aren't nicknamed after Transformers. [QUOTE]

I really hope you're joining RPG in his trolling, because if not you are the dumbest person on this forum.

For the season, Stafford is 421-663 for a completion percentage of 63.5 percent and Megatron hauled in 96 receptions. If you turned all of CJ's receptions into incompletions, Stafford would still have a completion rate over 49 percent, nearly three points higher than Tebow's. I think that fact alone should quiet anybody who still thinks this is a real debate.

yo123
01-09-2012, 12:34 AM
Who will be watching who from the couch next weekend?

Scotty D
01-09-2012, 12:40 AM
For those who say Stafford is only good because of Calvin I have two words for you. Reggie Ball.

edit- I guess that doesn't really prove my point, lol.

MI_Buckeye
01-09-2012, 12:50 AM
For those who say Stafford is only good because of Calvin I have two words for you. Reggie Ball.

edit- I guess that doesn't really prove my point, lol.

How about Jon Kitna, Dan Orlovsky, Drew Stanton, Shaun Hill and Daunte Culpepper?

wogitalia
01-09-2012, 12:51 AM
This may be the most successful troll effort yet?

Honestly, how are people not picking up on this being pure troll?

descendency
01-09-2012, 12:52 AM
Trade Calvin Johnson to NE and let's see if he makes his QB or his QB makes him.

Surely a system QB like Tom Brady will look a ton better throwing to a WR like Calvin. . .

yeah, I wish

MetSox17
01-09-2012, 12:54 AM

This x100000. People need to understand the internet.

MI_Buckeye
01-09-2012, 12:55 AM

We all realize this is a troll, but if you just typed the "Tebow" for a thread and had no text in the body, you would get at least 7 pages worth of responses.

MetSox17
01-09-2012, 12:59 AM
That's because everyone needs to know of our lord and savior Tim Tebow.

Complex
01-09-2012, 12:39 PM
Tebow chooses better GFs

http://www.gettinafterit.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/tt2.jpg
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Nb8DOoLyFwk/SlabmL7g0BI/AAAAAAAANag/dxQnQQXsuC0/s400/timtebowgirlfriend.jpg
http://www.tebowzone.com/images/tebow-girlfriend-2.jpg

Now Stafford
http://famewatcher.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/matt-stafford-and-kelly-hall-bikini-photos.jpg

IDK what Stafford does better than Tebow besides not winning.

DraftSavant
01-09-2012, 01:22 PM
I love Stafford's backward-fitted, cutoff-tee fratbroswag. You just know that dude has a keg in the middle of his kitchen or something.

MetSox17
01-09-2012, 01:51 PM
I love Stafford's backward-fitted, cutoff-tee fratbroswag. You just know that dude has a keg in the middle of his kitchen or something.

Shots of Jack Daniels for breakfast.

noondog
01-09-2012, 02:24 PM
I think Tebow is hiding the Holy Trinity in his gf's rack. Good lord.

Crazy_Chris
01-09-2012, 02:34 PM
Tebow chooses better GFs

IDK what Stafford does better than Tebow besides not winning.

The first chick actually wasn't ever Tebow's GF.

We are acquaintances through mutual friends and we would see each other here and there. We were standing together talking at a party at U of F and that’s when the now-infamous picture was taken. I was never dating Tim Tebow, nor was I ever his girlfriend! I’m convinced the picture must have been photoshopped—my breasts certainly are not that big!

http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/tag/erin_drewes

And I would definatly take Staffords girl over the 2nd chick pictured with tebow... So Stafford wins this one!

Complex
01-09-2012, 02:39 PM
Nah the 2nd chick still looks better than Stafford GF but IDK if that is Tebows girlfriend.

01-09-2012, 02:45 PM
At least we all agree Clausen is worse than both-- on all fronts.

http://www.unathleticmag.com/wp-content/uploads/51.jpg

Crazy_Chris
01-09-2012, 02:50 PM
No matter how many times I have seen that picture never fails to make me laugh... The Panthers must of not seen that picture as it alone should have been enough proof that Jimmy Clausen is a failure.

jrdrylie
01-09-2012, 03:33 PM
http://usversusthem.files.wordpress.com/2007/08/198934665_5dfb5f8754.jpg

01-09-2012, 03:35 PM
Notre Dame QBs, man...

http://coedbc.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/2068633069_08aa59b0451.jpg

A Perfect Score
01-09-2012, 03:36 PM
Notre Dame QBs, man...

http://coedbc.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/2068633069_08aa59b0451.jpg

There is no way to explain that picture appropriately. It wouldn't be funny, even if it were a joke.

hockey619
01-09-2012, 04:15 PM
At least we all agree Clausen is worse than both-- on all fronts.

[enter pic of clausen with jabba-the-hutt-like female companions]

i love the clausen pic, just look at the look on his face. you can see that hes totally thinking 'im such a mother******* pimp right now' instead of the pure shame he should be feeling. we shouldve all known hed bust after seeing this pic, clearly his decision making is beyond atrocious.

seriously we should have a caption contest for this pic. the look on his face, its like he thinks hes about to rangle a three way with kate upton and elizabeth banks or something instead of wrangle a bunch of cows back to the pasture.

Brodeur
01-09-2012, 04:18 PM
There is no way to explain that picture appropriately. It wouldn't be funny, even if it were a joke.

You don't grab your friend's dick every now and then? Your loss.

hockey619
01-09-2012, 04:22 PM
i ******* hate the bottom of the page

http://www.unathleticmag.com/wp-content/uploads/51.jpg

i love the clausen pic, just look at the look on his face. you can see that hes totally thinking 'im such a mother******* pimp right now' instead of the pure shame he should be feeling. we shouldve all known hed bust after seeing this pic, clearly his decision making is beyond atrocious.

seriously we should have a caption contest for this pic. the look on his face, its like he thinks hes about to rangle a three way with kate upton and elizabeth banks or something instead of wrangle a bunch of cows back to the pasture.

DeepThreat
01-09-2012, 04:39 PM
zMK9FKMG3Nc

SuperPacker
01-09-2012, 04:41 PM
hahaha we should deffo have a caption competition for that photo!!

Halsey
01-10-2012, 01:52 AM
I'm going with Stafford on this one.

wogitalia
01-10-2012, 02:04 AM
Could there be some kind of system for grading QBs based on the girls they hang out with in college?

Honestly... Clausen = fail. Brady = fail(AJ Hawks sister).

I thought Leinart might break it, but I've only seen his in the NFL from memory...

Stafford has all the boat pics full of hotties. iirc Dalton was the single biggest overachiever at the draft last year. Anyone got any college pics of Manning, Brady, Breesus and Rodgers with girls in college?

Brothgar
01-10-2012, 02:10 AM
Could there be some kind of system for grading QBs based on the girls they hang out with in college?

Honestly... Clausen = fail. Brady = fail(AJ Hawks sister).

I thought Leinart might break it, but I've only seen his in the NFL from memory...

Stafford has all the boat pics full of hotties. iirc Dalton was the single biggest overachiever at the draft last year. Anyone got any college pics of Manning, Brady, Breesus and Rodgers with girls in college?

You got that backwards Brady Quinn's sister is banging AJ Hawk.

boknows34
01-10-2012, 03:20 AM

Eli was a real party animal in college.

If only this were true.....

http://thegallyblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/DrunkEliwithParis.jpg

boknows34
01-10-2012, 03:21 AM
I'm going with Stafford on this one.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_CPBXd6U4M8o/SfnwL4L7c8I/AAAAAAAAAkU/9w5e9XXjSOo/s400/knowshon-moreno-matt-stafford.jpg

http://thebiglead.fantasysportsven.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/eli-manning-hooters-superbowl.jpg

wogitalia
01-10-2012, 03:43 AM
You got that backwards Brady Quinn's sister is banging AJ Hawk.

Ah fair enough, I knew it was something like that.

The above is just further proof of why Stafford will be a star.

Halsey
01-10-2012, 09:44 AM
Tebow urrently winning 666 to 68. That pretty m u h sums up what I' e been saying about Tebow all along.

jrdrylie
01-10-2012, 09:57 AM
http://thebiglead.fantasysportsven.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/eli-manning-hooters-superbowl.jpg

Gruden looks like he is passing a kidney stone.

Punisher
01-12-2012, 01:29 PM
Anyone think Sanchez vs. Tebow is a bigger argument?

Which one would you want your team to have starting?

Complex
01-12-2012, 01:34 PM
Anyone think Sanchez vs. Tebow is a bigger argument?

Which one would you want your team to have starting?

Rodgers vs Tebow is a bigger argument.

Punisher
01-12-2012, 01:37 PM
Rodgers vs Tebow is a bigger argument.

pshhh can't compare God to Jesus

01-12-2012, 02:29 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_CPBXd6U4M8o/SfnwL4L7c8I/AAAAAAAAAkU/9w5e9XXjSOo/s400/knowshon-moreno-matt-stafford.jpg

I think Knowshon is with him in that first one, which just goes to show that this method only works for grading QBs, and not runningbacks.

LonghornsLegend
01-12-2012, 04:00 PM
LOL @ the poll now. Priceless.