PDA

View Full Version : Least desirable coach?

descendency
01-03-2012, 02:54 PM
Who should have been fired more?

tjsunstein
01-03-2012, 03:01 PM
Went with Norv, I really don't hate Jerry Jones. He has the talent down there but not the consistency from his players.

Ness
01-03-2012, 03:02 PM
Jerry Jones isn't a coach.

descendency
01-03-2012, 03:02 PM

Tell that to Jerry.

tjsunstein
01-03-2012, 03:04 PM
I noticed this too, so I just took it as who deserves to be rid of their duties more.

Raiderz4Life
01-03-2012, 03:05 PM
Tell that to Jerry.

I lol'ed at this, specially since its true.

Basileus777
01-03-2012, 03:23 PM
AJ Smith is worse than Norv Turner.

descendency
01-03-2012, 03:29 PM
AJ Smith is worse than Norv Turner.

He makes plenty of stupid decisions, but for the most part that team was competitive because it was talented.

You could probably place equal blame, but I'd favor the blame on a player's coach having an undisciplined team.

Jvig43
01-03-2012, 03:31 PM
Jim Caldwell.

Basileus777
01-03-2012, 03:35 PM
He makes plenty of stupid decisions, but for the most part that team was competitive because it was talented.

You could probably place equal blame, but I'd favor the blame on a player's coach having an undisciplined team.

AJ Smith's personnel decisions in recent years have been poor, hence the erosion of talent on SD's roster. He was also the person who hired Norv.

Iamcanadian
01-03-2012, 06:33 PM
I went with Jerry Jones, he is so filled with ego that his teams will never win another Super Bowl. It's 1999 I believe since they did much of anything but he still continues to call the shots on draft day.
He's another Al Davis minus any football knowledge.

descendency
01-03-2012, 07:20 PM
He's another Al Davis minus any football knowledge.

I used to believe that before I found out how much Al Davis really did for his team and really knew about football.

He's more like me with billions than he is like Al Davis.

Jim Caldwell.

Caldwell is bad, but he isn't costing his team wins.

descendency
01-03-2012, 07:35 PM
http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/7418937/dallas-cowboys-owner-jerry-jones-consider-giving-gm-title

Jerry... wow. lol.

The funniest part about that article is the video above it when one player said "We love Coach Garrett. . . He's a great offensive coordinator"

That's a very interesting choice of words. Obviously, that wasn't meant as a shot at Garrett, but it definitely begs a question.

WCH
01-03-2012, 07:45 PM
I used to believe that before I found out how much Al Davis really did for his team and really knew about football.

He's more like me with billions than he is like Al Davis.

Yeah, this is true. But I've never blamed Jerry for buying a football team and naming himself Supreme Team Overlord and Dictator of Football Operations, because he's doing exactly what I would do with billions of dollars (and I'd probably be just as bad at it as he is).

ChiFan24
01-03-2012, 09:54 PM

I'm convinced that the Chargers were only talented in the first place because of Buddy Nix. Ever since he left as scouting director, the Chargers' drafting has been awful. A.J. Smith is an idiot.