PDA

View Full Version : Redskins 2012 Draft Thread

SeanTaylorRIP
01-03-2012, 09:24 PM
Well we pick 6th, hopefully we make a move up, if we don't invest a top pick in a QB i will be ticked. There are essentially only 3 players I want not including Luck who we dont have a shot unless we trade a crap load for him. The three guys are RG III, Matt Kalil and we can move Trent to RT, and Justin Blackmon who I think is the type of WR we needed for a long time. Worst case scenario Claiborne or Kirkpatrick would be acceptable, and I guess even though it's not a need and would be totally unecessary I wouldn't be infuriated if we drafted Trent Richardson because i'm such a massive fan of his.

JRTPlaya21
01-03-2012, 09:26 PM
Man STRIP I love you. You summed up ALL of my feelings perfectly. Round of applause.

gpngc
01-03-2012, 09:27 PM
Well we pick 6th, hopefully we make a move up, if we don't invest a top pick in a QB i will be ticked. There are essentially only 3 players I want not including Luck who we dont have a shot unless we trade a crap load for him. The three guys are RG III, Matt Kalil and we can move Trent to RT, and Justin Blackmon who I think is the type of WR we needed for a long time. Worst case scenario Claiborne or Kirkpatrick would be acceptable, and I guess even though it's not a need and would be totally unecessary I wouldn't be infuriated if we drafted Trent Richardson because i'm such a massive fan of his.

There are four fanbases in the top 12 that definitely feel this way, which makes it fascinating. (WAS, CLE, MIA, SEA)

2 Live Crew
01-05-2012, 02:08 PM
Luck/RG3 or Bust. If we don't get one of them I will destroy something very valuable in my house

DiG
01-05-2012, 07:03 PM
thank the lord landry jones is staying in school

TheFinisher
01-11-2012, 05:03 PM
You guys need to do whatever it takes to land RG3.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/7451661/heisman-trophy-winner-robert-griffin-iii-declares-nfl-draft

CDCB14
01-16-2012, 12:04 AM
Just thinking about it, if the Redskins land RG3 and he pans out, you guys could have a helluva bright future.

You have a great, young defense. Some quality youth on the offensive line that could develop if they stay healthy, Fred Davis is a stud if he had a legit QB and Helu is a good young running back.

Couple that with the fact that Romo, Vick, and Eli are all over 30 now, and the Redskins could start to dominate the east in a few seasons. I know age doesn't matter as much for a QB, but they will all start to slow down eventually.

As a Cowboys fan the possibility is upsetting, but it's a very distinct possibility nonetheless.

2 Live Crew
01-16-2012, 09:46 AM
Don't even try to get my hopes up.

2 Live Crew
01-17-2012, 09:16 AM
What is the MOST you are willing to offer in a trade up for RG3?

JRTPlaya21
01-17-2012, 03:05 PM
I won't lie I'll cry if we trade away the 2013 first round pick.

DiG
01-24-2012, 09:29 AM
PFF recently put out their all nfc east team. only a few redskins as expected but some interesting notes.

Center: Will Montgomery, WAS

Montgomery was easily the Redskins best lineman as he thrived in Mike Shanahan’s zone blocking scheme. He didn’t allow a sack all year and opened up some significant holes for Washington’s backs. With his contract expired, the Redskins will need to find a way to keep the best C in the division around.

Linebackers: Sean Lee and Demarcus Ware, DAL and London Fletcher, WAS

Lee is unfortunate that he plays in the same conference as San Francisco’s duo of ILBs, because he’s not far behind. His ability to step up and fill a run hole is remarkable and he hardly missed a beat when dealing with a hand injury that required a cast. Ware had another trademark season, knocking the QB down 28 times and pressuring him on 72 occasions. He would probably have led our 3-4 OLB rankings if not for committing eleven penalties which was very uncharacteristic. Finally the ageless Fletcher-Baker rounds out the group. He continues to do everything well despite never receiving accolades. That’s what we’re here for though and this is one he thoroughly deserves. The Redskins must get him back in 2012.

Cornerbacks: Asante Samuel, PHI and Josh Wilson, WAS

This may well come as a surprise to many Eagles fans but Samuel had a great season. He may have continued to avoid tackles and generally perform pathetically in the run game (right Marshawn Lynch?) but a QB rating when thrown at of 52.4 speaks for itself. Wilson didn’t quite recreate the form he showed in Baltimore, but he was still good value for how little the Redskins ended up paying him. Finally Orlando Scandrick makes it in as the nickel despite a sub-par year where he received a new contract. That should tell you all you need to know about the nickelback play in this division.

Safeties: Kenny Philips, NYG and Laron Landry, WAS

If there were any worries about Philips after coming back from that nasty injury they’re gone now. There aren’t many players who make as few mistakes as he does. He didn’t give up a touchdown and allowed a QB rating of just 36.1, good enough for third in the league. As for Landry it’s another year where he flashed immense potential but failed to deliver it with any regularity. Another season cut short by injury also means the Redskins have a touch dilemma when free agency opens.

Another interesting stat on their site, Deangelo Hall ranked 60th among CBs this year in completion percentage allowed at 67% and gave up the 4th most yards of any CB!

critesy
01-24-2012, 06:03 PM
if we cant trade up and get griffin with our 1st rounder i wouldnt mind trying to trade back that #6 and pick up a late 2nd rounder and select weeden.

Canadian_draft_fan
01-25-2012, 09:57 AM
if we cant trade up and get griffin with our 1st rounder i wouldnt mind trying to trade back that #6 and pick up a late 2nd rounder and select weeden.
I hope you don't mean selecting Weeden in the 1st round. At most I'd spend a 3rd rounder on him and even then i wouldn't sleep well @ night.

DiG
01-25-2012, 10:37 AM
sounds to me like hes saying to use a late 2nd on weeden that wed obtain in trading back in the first. weeden in the 3rd actually isn't an idea that i dislike.

Mr. Goosemahn
01-26-2012, 11:22 PM
Quick question Redskins fans, how likely is it that you resign LaRon Landry?

DiG
01-27-2012, 07:21 AM
From Scotts Blog:

I asked Washington Redskins Head Coach Mike Shanahan what qualities he looks for in a quarterback and this was his answer:

"Im asked that all the time and it is really hard to pinpoint it. Cause there is so many things you look for. A guys gotta be competitive, very competitive. A guys gotta be bright, extremely bright. Youd like a guy that is an athlete that can make plays on his own sometimes. Usually if he doesnt have that athletic ability hes got to be a little bit taller because he can see and be able to dump the ball off instead of using his feet. But at the end of the day there is so many things you look for and its always hard to find the prototype guy and a lot of times you have to adjust your offense to the type of quarterback you do have."

Competitive. Bright. Athletic. Tall. Doesnt that basically describe Texas A&M QB Ryan Tannehill perfectly? You could make the argument that Oklahoma St. QB Brandon Weeden fits the profile too. I guess technically it could fit Baylor QB Robert Griffin III since he hedged at the end. It's obviously just an educated guess on my part, but if I were a betting man Id say either Tannehill or Weeden will be playing for the Washington Redskins when next season rolls around.

I'm sorry Scott but I think you're stretching here...If anything that description fits Andrew Luck to a tee moreso that Tannehill. People talk about Tannehill being intelligent but the game tape shows that his decisions are questionable at best often. I would say RG3 > Tannehill in competitiveness, intelligence, and athleticism. Tannehill might have RG3 on "size" but as Shanahan mentioned the size is more important for less athletic QBs. Hoping that Weeden really has left a good impression on Shanahan this week. I think he has the experience and decision making ability to play more immediate than Tannehill.

Scott Wright
01-27-2012, 08:07 AM
From Scotts Blog:

I'm sorry Scott but I think you're stretching here...If anything that description fits Andrew Luck to a tee moreso that Tannehill. People talk about Tannehill being intelligent but the game tape shows that his decisions are questionable at best often. I would say RG3 > Tannehill in competitiveness, intelligence, and athleticism. Tannehill might have RG3 on "size" but as Shanahan mentioned the size is more important for less athletic QBs. Hoping that Weeden really has left a good impression on Shanahan this week. I think he has the experience and decision making ability to play more immediate than Tannehill.

It's entirely possible that I misinterpreted it. After all you are basically trying to read between the lines because coaches aren't going to tell you their plans or who they like. However, during the conference I personally got the impression that Shanahan was talking about a guy like Tannehill or Weeden. Even if Washington does covet RG3 I am not sure that is realistic considering the cost. It is really all speculation, but at least we now know Shanny's criteria.

Tannehill is extremely intelligent though. Does he still make some bad decisions? Absolutely. That is going to happen with a quarterback who only has like fifteen starts or something like that. By all accounts Tannehill's intangibles are first-rate, plus he is tall and athletic. Like I said in the blog, if I were a betting man I'd say Tannehill or Weeden will be a Redskin next season.

ArkyRamsFan
01-27-2012, 12:00 PM
Is Weeden all that athletic, though? I didn't see many OSU games but the ones I did see (Bowl game) I don't recall seeing him do anything that would gain him the title of an athletic QB.

Looked to be more of a pocket type of guy.....

Canadian_draft_fan
01-27-2012, 02:09 PM
It's entirely possible that I misinterpreted it. After all you are basically trying to read between the lines because coaches aren't going to tell you their plans or who they like. However, during the conference I personally got the impression that Shanahan was talking about a guy like Tannehill or Weeden. Even if Washington does covet RG3 I am not sure that is realistic considering the cost. It is really all speculation, but at least we now know Shanny's criteria.

Tannehill is extremely intelligent though. Does he still make some bad decisions? Absolutely. That is going to happen with a quarterback who only has like fifteen starts or something like that. By all accounts Tannehill's intangibles are first-rate, plus he is tall and athletic. Like I said in the blog, if I were a betting man I'd say Tannehill or Weeden will be a Redskin next season.
I've been on the Tannehill to Redskins bandwagon for some time. If they can trade down and acquire extra picks, all the better. However, this may be a situation like Ponder & Locker last year - sheer need at the QB position causes the Redskins or some other team to draft a QB earlier than their value would dictate.

1crazyredskinsfan
01-28-2012, 10:31 PM
Quick question Redskins fans, how likely is it that you resign LaRon Landry?

Landry refuses surgery,so unless a miracle happens,he will NOT be a Redskin next season,and rightly so in my eyes since this has been dragging on two years.

i would like to see the skins move up in the draft,not to take RG3,but Blackmon who is right up there in talent with julio jones and mega tron.hankerson,blackmon,moss and gafney would be a great bunch of wrs to have.i think they'll take foles or weeden in round two,maybe sign a vet backup like kyle orton or matt moore,and go like that cause anybody is better than grossman!

critesy
01-29-2012, 02:19 AM
if the skins take tannehill im seriously crying. just not a fan.

1crazyredskinsfan
01-29-2012, 12:19 PM
if they take him in the later rounds to develop and he is 3rd string,i got no problem with it. if they use their 1st round pick on him,i'm really pissed cause he is'nt worth it.i'd like to see them dump beck and rex asap,sign a vet like orton or cassell,sign weeden in the 2nd or 3rd round,and have a rookie 3rd string like tannehill.i'd rather see them move up if it does'nt cost a lot and take blackmon.

Canadian_draft_fan
01-29-2012, 02:29 PM
if they take him in the later rounds to develop and he is 3rd string,i got no problem with it. if they use their 1st round pick on him,i'm really pissed cause he is'nt worth it.i'd like to see them dump beck and rex asap,sign a vet like orton or cassell,sign weeden in the 2nd or 3rd round,and have a rookie 3rd string like tannehill.i'd rather see them move up if it does'nt cost a lot and take blackmon.I just don't see the Skins drafting both Weeden & Tannehill. I'd take Tannehill everyday over Weeden and any of the other QBs after Luck & RGIII. He's not worth the #6 pick but trading down to #20 -#25 would be fine with me.

Canadian_draft_fan
01-29-2012, 02:36 PM
Landry refuses surgery,so unless a miracle happens,he will NOT be a Redskin next season,and rightly so in my eyes since this has been dragging on two years.

i would like to see the skins move up in the draft,not to take RG3,but Blackmon who is right up there in talent with julio jones and mega tron.hankerson,blackmon,moss and gafney would be a great bunch of wrs to have.i think they'll take foles or weeden in round two,maybe sign a vet backup like kyle orton or matt moore,and go like that cause anybody is better than grossman!
I don't think Blackmon is that level of a prospect to trade up to get him. He is good but a notch below the elite WRs in the NFL, IMO.

1crazyredskinsfan
01-29-2012, 03:06 PM
I Just hope after the pathetic play at the qb position,we cut beck and grossman! i'd rather see the skins sign a vet like orton,draft somebody like osteweiler from arizona, than let grossman play next here!only thing rex does is throw picks and keep the opponent in every game!they may just stay at 6 and pick whoever is there for them,and sign a younger free agent like marques colston or the bowe kid from kc.i'd also like to see them sign brad smelley from bama,and let davis leave! i wish they'd trade trent richardson too,he's been mediocre at best!

critesy
01-29-2012, 07:09 PM
you want to get rid of fred davis for smelley... uhhh what.

and let go of our franchise LT trent williams (im guessing you meant him and not richardson??)

1crazyredskinsfan
01-30-2012, 12:12 PM
you want to get rid of fred davis for smelley... uhhh what.

and let go of our franchise LT trent williams (im guessing you meant him and not richardson??)
williams has been a joke his whole career in dc! now he and davis are 1 puff away from being banned by the league!let them go and effect some other team,redskins don't need that caca or karma on the team.kepp cooley,keep paulsen,and sign smelley ,he'll be there for the taking in round 3.these drug suspenions kill the team.i saw the same thing happen to dexter manley as a redskin,time to trade trent williams and let davis go.

1crazyredskinsfan
01-30-2012, 12:16 PM
go back and watch older games where williams plays.when guys are'nt running through or by him,and when they are'nt he's holding them cause they can't!
time to trade him and let him become somebody else's problem!

DiG
01-30-2012, 01:13 PM
you really are 1 crazy redskins fan...

2 Live Crew
01-30-2012, 01:44 PM
This guy's got potential

1crazyredskinsfan
01-31-2012, 02:21 PM
you really are 1 crazy redskins fan...

just seen it all in the over 40 years i have been a redskins fan. I Think had jack kent cooke left the team to his son instead of selling it,The Redskins would be a lot better organization now.As good of an owner has mr cooke was,snyder has been twice as bad! the redskins darkest day was when snyder bought the team!

SolidGold
01-31-2012, 02:52 PM
I think the Skins are watching Peyton closely. If he becomes a free agent and checks out health wise they are going to make a run at him. Shanny needs to win next year to keep his job.

Flynn is a wildcard, he is young and unknown but seems to have a lot of the traits Shanahan likes in his QB. Probably will be the most sought after QB on the FA market.

I was an advocate of the Skins going balls to the wall and trading everything for Luck but I do not think the Colts are going to give up the chance to draft Luck. I am not a Griffin fan, he isn't Newton and won't have the same impact as many are projecting him to have. No need to give up multiple picks to get Griffin, might as well keep them and continue infusing young talent onto the roster. Last year's draft was really a breath of fresh air in terms of stockpiling picks and getting some pretty good contributions.

If the Redskins stay at 6 I would consider drafting the CB Claiborne from LSU or Reiff to play LT. Williams is not an LT, just slide him to the right side. If the Redskins move down in the first I could see them making a run at Tannehill - they wanted Locker last year and I think Tannehill is a pretty similar prospect.

I would say the Redskins team needs are as follows:
QB - don't really need to explain this
OL - no real OL standouts, hurt by injuries last year
ILB - London Fletcher is good but 37, no one else really sticks out
DB - could use depth at both safety and corner, will Landry be back?
TE - will Cooley be back? if not Davis needs a running mate
WR - Moss is good but long in the tooth, Armstrong is decent, will any of the young guys pan out

DiG
01-31-2012, 03:04 PM
I'm pretty happy with my results in the Forum Mock. Heres my finished draft:

2. Washington Redskins (from Rams) - QB Robert Griffin, Baylor*
38. Washington Redskins - OG Kevin Zeitler, Wisconsin
103. Washington Redskins - DT Derek Wolfe, Cincinnati
106. Washington Redskins (from Dolphins) - OT Bobbie Massie, Mississippi*
114. Washington Redskins (from Raiders) - WR Jarius Wright, Arkansas
139. Washington Redskins - C Philip Blake, Baylor
178. Washington Redskins (from Vikings) - FS Neiko Thorpe, Auburn
223. Washington Redskins - TE David Paulson, Oregon

Traded a 2013 2nd round pick and 2012 3rd round pick to move up for Griffin. Traded Cooley for a 4th round pick. I would have liked to have snagged an ILB at some point but the value never really presented intself. What do you guys think?

2 Live Crew
01-31-2012, 03:42 PM
DT, I would make that trade all day for RG3 and then some. Cooley for a 4th would be a steal. I don't think his trade value is even that high. Would definitely be cool with those results though.

RG3 or bust. Shanny doesn't have the time for Tannehill to develop. You only pick up Peyton if you want to be fired, because thats whats gonna happen if you miss the playoffs with him.

RaiderNation
01-31-2012, 08:54 PM
Are you guys open to drafting Quinton Coples at 6 if you don't end up getting RG3 and can't trade down? I think prospects like Claiborne and Blackmon will be gone before 6, and the BPA are Coples, Richardson, Reiff, Upshaw and DeCastro....

critesy
01-31-2012, 11:38 PM
I'm pretty happy with my results in the Forum Mock. Heres my finished draft:

2. Washington Redskins (from Rams) - QB Robert Griffin, Baylor*
comes in and starts

38. Washington Redskins - OG Kevin Zeitler, Wisconsin
not starting out of TC but eventually gets the nod

103. Washington Redskins - DT Derek Wolfe, Cincinnati
great rotational guy to get pressure with just the front 3

106. Washington Redskins (from Dolphins) - OT Bobbie Massie, Mississippi*
nice pick up in the 4th for a guy who could be a beast

114. Washington Redskins (from Raiders) - WR Jarius Wright, Arkansas
will be a great st'er until he develops into a 'tana type roll.

139. Washington Redskins - C Philip Blake, Baylor
the type of lineman shanny looks for. good back up

178. Washington Redskins (from Vikings) - FS Neiko Thorpe, Auburn
good st'er, nothing more

223. Washington Redskins - TE David Paulson, Oregon
nice depth pick to fill a somewhat need

Traded a 2013 2nd round pick and 2012 3rd round pick to move up for Griffin. Traded Cooley for a 4th round pick. I would have liked to have snagged an ILB at some point but the value never really presented intself. What do you guys think?

really like this draft.

critesy
01-31-2012, 11:41 PM
Are you guys open to drafting Quinton Coples at 6 if you don't end up getting RG3 and can't trade down? I think prospects like Claiborne and Blackmon will be gone before 6, and the BPA are Coples, Richardson, Reiff, Upshaw and DeCastro....

players i would take a 6 are...

luck
griffin
kalil
claiborne
blackmon

in that order.. if we couldnt get a trade down i would take..

decastro
reiff
kuechly

1crazyredskinsfan
02-01-2012, 02:00 PM
Blackmon is the 1st rounder i covent.i'd like jones,the center from ga too.
i'd rather see the skins sign a vet qb,and draft ostweiler from asu,and another qb to learn the system just in case.love to see smelly go to dc too,and hightower.

critesy
02-01-2012, 03:12 PM
Blackmon is the 1st rounder i covent.i'd like jones,the center from ga too.
i'd rather see the skins sign a vet qb,and draft ostweiler from asu,and another qb to learn the system just in case.love to see smelly go to dc too,and hightower.

i also like ben jones from georgia, nasty player that gets after it every snap. and also on osweiler i like as a project of like 3 years. if not were looking at what happened to jason campbell i think.

Orakpowned
02-04-2012, 01:42 PM

Right, but he might take a one year deal. It's going to be interesting to say the least to see what happens with LL.

DiG
03-14-2012, 08:23 AM
So with a few WRs signed in FA who are you guys hoping we target in the mid rounds?

Mock 3/14:
RD1 - RG3, QB, Baylor
RD3 - Mitchell Schwartz, OT, California
RD4 - Philip Blake, C Baylor
RD4 - Josh Norman, CB, Coastal Carolina
RD5 - Travis Lewis, ILB, Oklahoma
RD6 - Ronnie Hillman, RB, San Diego St
RD7 - Austin Davis, QB, Southern Miss

critesy
03-14-2012, 02:27 PM
Mock 3/14:
RD1 - RG3, QB, Baylor
RD3 - Markelle Martin, S, Oklahoma St
RD4 - Jayron Hosley, CB, Virginia Tech
RD4 - Emmanuel Acho, LB, Texas
RD5 - Brandon Mosley, T, Auburn
RD6 - Blake Ayles, TE, Miami
RD7 - Lennon Creer, RB, Louisana Tech or a interior OL (dont know much about em this late)

tmljeh19
03-18-2012, 09:53 AM
RD1 - Robert Griffin III - QB - Baylor
RD3 - Markelle Martin - S - Oklahoma State
RD4 - Nate Potter - OT - Boise State
RD4 - James-Michael Johnson - LB - Nevada
RD5 - Brandon Taylor - S - LSU
RD7 - BPA

Orakpowned
03-18-2012, 04:31 PM
RD1 - Robert Griffin III - QB - Baylor
RD3 - Markelle Martin - S - Oklahoma State
RD4 - Nate Potter - OT - Boise State
RD4 - James-Michael Johnson - LB - Nevada
RD5 - Brandon Taylor - S - LSU
RD7 - BPA

Love your picks aside from Martin.
He's awful.
No thanks.

tmljeh19
03-18-2012, 07:11 PM
Love your picks aside from Martin.
He's awful.
No thanks.

Not the biggest fan either but we need a FS and its a desperate need. I would love to sign Melvin Bullitt and have him and Meriweather rotate in disguised packages since both have played FS and SS before.

Orakpowned
03-19-2012, 12:01 AM
Not the biggest fan either but we need a FS and its a desperate need. I would love to sign Melvin Bullitt and have him and Meriweather rotate in disguised packages since both have played FS and SS before.

Not a fan of desperate picks with your 2nd pick of the draft.

There are other safeties that can be had later. Allen, Iloka, Robinson, Henry, Whitley, Jackson.

Dro
03-28-2012, 03:05 PM
R1 - Robert Griffin III, QB, Baylor
R3 - (trade down pick up extra 5th and 7th) - Jeff Allen, OT, Illinois
R4 - (Trade down pick up extra 6th) - James-Michael Johnson, ILB, Nevada
R4 - Dwight Bentley, CB, Louisiana-Lafayette
R5 - Brandon Taylor, FS, LSU
R5 - Nate Potter, OT, Boise State
R6 - Greg Childs, WR, Arkansas
R6 - David Molk, C, Michigan
R7 - Janzen Jackson*, FS, McNeese State

last 3 are long shots to fall that far.. man gotta dream though.

2 Live Crew
04-19-2012, 02:14 PM
1 more week!

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/si/2012/writers/don_banks/04/19/robert.griffin.iii/griffin-shanahan.jpg

Canadian_draft_fan
04-19-2012, 06:17 PM
I was going to go to another event and just PVR the draft but I have to see it live. Finally, fellow Skins fans, we have hope!!!!

2 Live Crew
04-20-2012, 08:53 AM
Finally, fellow Skins fans, we have hope!!!!

http://www.ballhogsradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/RG3-Hope-B-n-G-e13313909081441.jpg

703SKINS202
04-22-2012, 12:30 AM
http://media.cleveland.com/browns_impact/photo/10724385-large.jpg

703SKINS202
04-22-2012, 12:33 AM
Just because I like to look at him.

Canadian_draft_fan
04-26-2012, 12:53 PM
I can hardly wait for 7:10 CT. We've had nothing but poor to mediocre QB play for the last 20 years. Time for that to change!!!!
Welcome to DC, RGIII.

703SKINS202
04-26-2012, 11:49 PM
http://media.oregonlive.com/nfl_impact/photo/10898764-large.jpg

Hail.

2 Live Crew
04-27-2012, 09:25 AM
http://nfldotcom.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/prestige_griffin_iii.jpg

2 Live Crew
04-27-2012, 11:25 AM
What do you guys want in this 3rd round?

Will probably get a solid OL to drop to us there...Shane has Zebrie Sanders in his 2nd day mock...good zone lineman.

Do you think ILB Bobby Wagner, Senior Bowl MVP, will last that long?

What do you guys think of drafting Burfict at some point and hoping Fletcher can deal with that? lol

Canadian_draft_fan
04-27-2012, 12:41 PM
What do you guys want in this 3rd round?

Will probably get a solid OL to drop to us there...Shane has Zebrie Sanders in his 2nd day mock...good zone lineman.

Do you think ILB Bobby Wagner, Senior Bowl MVP, will last that long?

What do you guys think of drafting Burfict at some point and hoping Fletcher can deal with that? lol
I'm ok with Sanders, doubt Wagner will be there. I want absolutely no part of Burfict who is just an underachieving malcontent, IMO.

JRTPlaya21
04-27-2012, 08:05 PM

Awww man is that nasty!!

critesy
04-27-2012, 08:45 PM
josh lerribus hey. dont know anything about him but wont question shanny and his drafting of interior oline.

critesy
04-27-2012, 08:46 PM

this is way too sexy.

703SKINS202
04-28-2012, 12:29 PM
Fan of the Cousins pick, don't see how you can bash it. Really like what I've heard about Keenan Robinson's coverage skills. He will be moved to ILB which was definitely a need. If he can grow as a football player and get more physical at point of attack he could be pretty good.

critesy
04-28-2012, 05:20 PM
love the robinson picks and im likin the depth guys at g/c. and as you said, cant get mad at cousins. hopefully it turns out to be a schaub like ordeal and we can deal him as he develops. not gunna judge alfred morris with shanny. tom compton seems like a steal at tackle, just need to let him sit and develop, really like this pick. and ya.

DiG
04-30-2012, 07:20 AM
from the research ive done Im pretty excited about the lerribus and compton picks. looks like two guys who can definitely compete early for playing time and seem to fit shannys scheme quite well.

you knew shanny was going to draft a late rounder at RB with hightower gone and I like that he went after a thumper. morris seems like a classic shanny RB.

if chase minnifields knee heals, he could end up being the 2nd or 3rd best redskins player from this draft class.

2 Live Crew
04-30-2012, 10:16 AM
Aside from RG3 (drool), I liked what they did. I love picking up the OLineman to protect your franchise QB and we needed depth there anyway. All 3 seem like good Zone blocking fits. Most "experts" thought Compton was a small school sleeper.

Shanny and Co. have earned trust for pretty much any and all OL/RB selections at this point. Robinson seems like a solid depth pick, possible starter in the future. Don't really know much about the DB picks, just hope that one of them including Minniefield makes the team and provides depth.

Not worried about the Cousins pick. Good value at that spot and could recover a top draft pick later.

SolidGold
04-30-2012, 11:52 AM
I liked the Cousins pick. I don't understand why anyone would bash it to be honest. All the "experts" claim that the Redskins have so many holes. Last year I think all the Redskins draft picks made the team but the Clemson kid Jenkins who got injured in preseason so they hit on 11/12 picks. That is amazing to infuse a roster with all that youth in one draft.

They addressed safety by getting Merriweather/Jackson and not bringing back Landry. No safety on the board in the 4th was as good a value as Cousins. I don't think Merriweather/Jackson are anything great but they are better than any safety left in the draft.

The three linemen LeRiebous, Gettis and Compton were all great picks. Compton is very underrated and can probably play both tackle positions down the road.

Back to Cousins - not trying to stir up anything but this is a great pick IMO. He is a three year starter and veteran of many big 10 battles. A proven winner. He really was the key to the resurgence of sparty in the past few years. I think he will develop nicely as the backup to Griffin and if Griffin does work out than they can move Cousins and if Griffin doesn't workout perhaps Cousins could step in.

703SKINS202
04-30-2012, 03:05 PM
I can't believe the media today and the focus on the Cousins pick. The media has now become part of the problem as far as the negative culture that Dan Snyder has helped to create. Snyder brought Shanahan in to get rid of the negative culture and win and all we can do is get hung up on a fake qb controversy just to piss everyone off to stir up ratings. Truly disgraceful, this town just drafted a franchise QB #2 overall but now he is destined to fail because we missed out on multiple pro bowl LT's with the Cousins pick, and they were all gone by the time our 2nd 4th rounder came around.

Guess what, this team is ******* bad. That's why we went 5-11. We have tons of holes. When you have a **** load of holes you're obviously not a 4th round prospect LT away from the playoffs. If you can get a QB who you had as a 2nd round grade and someone you think can instantly help your team get better, even at the backup position, then I have no problem in taking him.

I'm pretty sure Chicago fans wish they had a competent backup QB last year. That's why they got Campbell in the off season. If RG3 goes down we know what we have in Grossman. We knew what we had in Beck, nothing, that's why he's cut. If you think it's a bad idea to have a decent backup to the most important position in sports then I don't think you are being logical.

critesy
04-30-2012, 06:20 PM
PICKS
1 2 Robert Griffin III, QB, Baylor
3 71 Josh LeRibeus, G, SMU
4 102 Kirk Cousins, QB, Michigan St.
4 119 Keenan Robinson, OLB, Texas
5 141 Adam Gettis, G, Iowa
6 173 Alfred Morris, RB, FAU
6 193 Tom Comptom, OT, South Dakota
7 213 Richard Crawford, CB, SMU
7 217 Jordan Bernstine, CB, Iowa

UDFA

Eain Smith, S, WVU
Michael Shaw, RB, Michigan
Chase Minnifield, CB, Virginia
Lance Lewis, WR, ECU
Brian McNally, DE, New Hampshire
Darius Hanks, WR, Alabama
Lenny Creer, RB, La Tech
Vaughn Meatoga, DT, Hawaii
DJ Holt, LB, Cal
Grant Garner, C, Oklahoma State
Kerby Long, WR, James Madison
Josh Oglesby, OL, Wisconsin
Kelvin Bolden, WR, Southern Miss
Kentrell Lockett, DE, Ole Miss
Antwon Bailey, RB, Syracuse
Andre Anderson, RB, McNeese State
Willie Carter, RB, Howard
Phillip Thomas, CB, Syracuse
Dwayne Frampton, WR, Arkansas State (TRYOUT)
Marcus Hyde, DE, William & Mary (TRYOUT)

i honestly think in 2 years keenan robinson will be starting for us and be great, he'll be a beast on ST this year imo. by year 2 he'll probably start seeing some PT and get worked in. i have high expectations for him, i think he'll be great in hasletts system.

the DB from iowa we got, bernstine i think? has a whole ton of potential but has injury issues. big body that moves well.

and as everyone is saying, if minniefield can make it happen.. would be an absolute steal for us and i would love it.

udfa lenny creer, rb, louisana tech.. i think he'll make the squad.. could see him being good in shannys system.

honestly i love this draft and think we'll compete for a wild card spot this year. all depends on the qb position.

Orakpowned
05-01-2012, 12:24 PM
This is Haslett's last year as DC....Raheem Morris will take over next year in all likelihood.

critesy
05-01-2012, 06:36 PM
correct if im wrong, but does raheem run 4-3 cover 2 ?

Orakpowned
05-02-2012, 12:30 AM
He's going to learn the 3-4 even more this year and make his own tweaks to it going forward in two seasons.

D-Unit
05-03-2012, 02:13 PM
Stephen Jones said after they picked Kyle Wilber, the Redskins called them to congratulate them on taking thier guy. Skins ended up taking Keenan Robinson 6 picks later. It'll be interesting to see who pans out being better.

critesy
05-03-2012, 05:19 PM
Stephen Jones said after they picked Kyle Wilber, the Redskins called them to congratulate them on taking thier guy. Skins ended up taking Keenan Robinson 6 picks later. It'll be interesting to see who pans out being better.

certainly interesting. i like keenan better cause im a homer towards texas football but will be something to watch for sure.

critesy
05-04-2012, 10:19 AM
Mock 3/14:
RD1 - RG3, QB, Baylor
RD3 - Markelle Martin, S, Oklahoma St
RD4 - Jayron Hosley, CB, Virginia Tech
RD4 - Emmanuel Acho, LB, Texas
RD5 - Brandon Mosley, T, Auburn
RD6 - Blake Ayles, TE, Miami
RD7 - Lennon Creer, RB, Louisana Tech or a interior OL (dont know much about em this late)

i got rg3 right, the texas LB'er in the 4th (wrong one though) and lennon creer in the 7th! (udfa though)

DiG
05-08-2012, 11:29 AM
Sounds like Shanahan had LeRibeus playing at C during minicamp and was raving about his athleticism. I'd be willing to bet that he starts the season at C.

SeanTaylorRIP
05-08-2012, 08:35 PM
I don't like the idea of a rookie C and QB.

Canadian_draft_fan
05-09-2012, 11:16 AM
I don't like the idea of a rookie C and QB.
I agree. I still think Monty starts at C. LeRibeus may start at G if Lich hasn't recovered. LeRibeus took practice snaps @ C at SMU so I think this is just a move to enhance the interior depth.

DiG
05-21-2012, 11:43 AM
Supposed to rain all week here in DC. Guess it is a good thing that we have the new indoor facility.