PDA

View Full Version : Wildcard Weekend Discussion Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

BeerBaron
01-04-2012, 08:52 AM
Cincinnati at Houston (Saturday 4:30 EST)
Detroit at New Orleans (Saturday 8:30)
Atlanta at NY Giants (Sunday 1:00)
Pittsburgh at Denver (Sunday 4:30)

Ah, playoff football. Best time of the year and the only reason it makes January worth a god damn.

Saturday's games both feature historic firsts:

Cincy/Houston will feature the first pair of rookie QBs to ever face off in the playoffs. It wasn't that long ago that no rookie had ever even won a playoff game. (Shaun King with the Bucs was the first in 1999...how is that for some obscure trivia?)

Detroit/New Orleans features the first ever matchup between 5000 yard passers. (With the way offenses are in the NFL, I highly doubt this is the last one either.)

Giantsfan1080
01-04-2012, 09:08 AM
So pumped to have playoff football back!!

Byrd430
01-04-2012, 09:16 AM
I'm going to be really interested in the Cincinnati-Houston game. I believe that one, more so than the rest, could go either way.

Hines
01-04-2012, 09:24 AM
Tebow, meet Debo.

BeerBaron
01-04-2012, 09:25 AM
I'm going to be really interested in the Cincinnati-Houston game. I believe that one, more so than the rest, could go either way.

It could. One of the reasons the Texans won their first matchup this season was because TJ Yates was allowed to actually go out and play a bit more. He made some mistakes, but won it at the end with a GREAT game winning drive. (I was watching it live and it was a thing of beauty.)

Since then though, his leash has been needlessly short. If Kubiak strangles him on the short leash, I don't think Houston wins.

K Train
01-04-2012, 09:28 AM
steelers should blow the broncos out....if they get tebowed i wont be able to live with myself, might need to take off a week of work

BeerBaron
01-04-2012, 09:40 AM
steelers should blow the broncos out....if they get tebowed i wont be able to live with myself, might need to take off a week of work

You and the western half of PA and parts of eastern Ohio. I couldn't imagine a worse blow than that.

Byrd430
01-04-2012, 09:48 AM
It could. One of the reasons the Texans won their first matchup this season was because TJ Yates was allowed to actually go out and play a bit more. He made some mistakes, but won it at the end with a GREAT game winning drive. (I was watching it live and it was a thing of beauty.)

Since then though, his leash has been needlessly short. If Kubiak strangles him on the short leash, I don't think Houston wins.

Kubiak is in a tough situation here. The Schaub injury was the second most crucial loss to a team this season (behind Peyton, all due respect to Cutler).

I agree, He cannot put a leash on Yates, or he will lose. Cincinnati's defense is too good to become one dimensional against, even with backs like Foster and Tate. He's going to have to keep the playbook open and trust in Yates to get the job done.

And if you lose, no one can blame you. You had a great season, you made the playoffs, and you lost behind your third-string rookie QB. It happens.

Byrd430
01-04-2012, 09:49 AM
P.S. The Tebow train is loaded up and ready to break some hearts!

BeerBaron
01-04-2012, 09:55 AM
Catching up on my TMQ this week revealed some interesting stats:

- Road teams playing indoors in the postseason are on a 6-18 streak.

- Ryan Brothers teams (the Cowboys and Jets) were 0-9 this season versus the Eagles, Giants and Patriots.

- Philip Rivers is 24-3 after Dec. 1, while Tony Romo is 9-18 after Dec. 1.

- Fifteen players scored touchdowns for New Orleans this season, while six players scored touchdowns for St. Louis.

- Since winning their first-ever playoffs berth, the Texans have lost every game.

- The Bengals were 9-0 against teams that missed the playoffs and 0-7 against teams that made the playoffs.

- The Lions have lost 21 consecutive games played in the state of Wisconsin.

- Denver and the NY Giants won their divisions despite being outscored.

- Green Bay, New England and New Orleans outscored their opponents by a combined 580 points.

scottyboy
01-04-2012, 10:53 AM
giants were outscored because every win we have has to be a god damn last minute score or close game giving the fans heart attacks.

and then, of course, the face ******* we had at the hands of the saints

JBCX
01-04-2012, 11:18 AM
giants were outscored because every win we have has to be a god damn last minute score or close game giving the fans heart attacks.

and then, of course, the face ******* we had at the hands of the saints

The Giants were outscored because their secondary and linebackers are crap and their defensive line either shows up in a big way or doesn't show up at all, depending on the game.

tjsunstein
01-04-2012, 11:23 AM
The Giants were outscored because their secondary and linebackers are crap and their defensive line either shows up in a big way or doesn't show up at all, depending on the game.
But yet, you support less talented teams such as the Redskins and Eagles.

JBCX
01-04-2012, 11:27 AM
But yet, you support less talented teams such as the Redskins and Eagles.

The Giants are not more talented than the Eagles or even the Redskins.

You do realize that the Redskins dominated the Giants twice this year? And that the Eagles dominated them in their last meeting, and dominated them in their first meeting as well short of a few busted plays on the Eagles' defense?

The Giants' "talent" level is grossly overrated. They have a solid QB who is just outside of the top-10 in the league. They have two very good but drop-prone WRs. Outside of that, they ahve nothing on offense. Their offensive line is old and slow and quite the liability. They have no impact TEs whatsoever. They have one of the worst rushing attacks in the league.

Their defensive line is pretty solid, but not as dominant as people think they are. I've watched every single Giants game this year, and again, they either show up in a big way or disappear completely. Osi and JPP are both pure pass rushers who are liablities in the run game and can be shut down by good OTs. Tuck is an often injured shell of his former self. Their DTs are all classic JAGs. They have absolutely zero LBers. Corey Webster and Kenny Phillips are their only good DBs and both are just slightly above-average. Everyone else in their secondary is garbage.

TimD
01-04-2012, 11:33 AM
Cincinnati at Houston
Detroit at New Orleans
Atlanta at NY Giants
Pittsburgh at Denver

my picks

Razor
01-04-2012, 11:39 AM
Cincinnati at Houston
Detroit at New Orleans
Atlanta at NY Giants
Pittsburgh at Denver

As much as I'd like Denver to beat Pittsburgh I just don't see it happening. Also, I don't think New Orleans can keep up with Detroit offensively. Sure, Drew Brees is playing better than anyone right now, but that defense won't be able to stop Stafford, Megatron and Pettigrew. Especially with Burleson, Young and Williams playing well.

BeerBaron
01-04-2012, 11:40 AM
As much as I'd like Denver to beat Pittsburgh I just don't see it happening. Also, I don't think New Orleans can keep up with Detroit offensively. Sure, Drew Brees is playing better than anyone right now, but that defense won't be able to stop Stafford, Megatron and Pettigrew. Especially with Burleson, Young and Williams playing well.

You don't think the #1 offense in football can keep up with another offense against a really bad pass defense that just allowed 500+ yards to a backup QB.

.....K.

K Train
01-04-2012, 11:56 AM
im taking the lions in a monumental upset

JBCX
01-04-2012, 11:57 AM
For example, compare the Giants roster to the Eagles roster:

QB - Vick and Manning are both franchise QBs just outside the top-10. Vick had a worse year than Manning, but I'll be shocked if he isn't better next year. Slight advantage, Giants

RB - LeSean McCoy is a top-3 RB in the NFl right now. Bradshaw and Jacobs are lucky to get 4.0 yards per carry on good days at this point. Heavy advantage, Eagles

TE - The Giants let Kevin Boss go and now have some glorified OTs running routes for them as TEs. The Eagles have a duo of two very good TEs in Harbor and Celek. Advantage, Eagles

OT - The Giants are reliant on the ineffective and injured Will Beatty, the slow-as-mud liability David Diehl, and the ancient liability Kareem McKenzie. The Eagles have the best LT in the NFL in Jason Peters, have a solid RT in Todd Herremans, and decent depth with Winston Justice. Heavy advantage, Eagles

OG/C - The Eagles have a top-10 OG in Evan Mathis, who will likely be resigned, first round pick RG Danny Watkins who played decently in his rookie season and will likely improve, and rookie C Jason Kelce who flashed athletic potential. The Giants have a bunch of JAGs at the position and underwhelming free agent C David Baas, and one promising player in Mitch Petrus. Advantage, Eagles

WR - The Giants have two 1000 yard receivers in Hakeem Nicks and Victor Cruz, and some decent depth with Mario Manningham and Ramses Barden. The Eagles have DeSean Jackson, who had a down year and might not be back with the team, Jeremy Maclin, Jason Avant, and Riley Cooper. Nicks and Cruz are probably better than any one of the Eagles WRs, but as a group, Philly's depth is decent, and it depends on what happens in the offseason. But right now, Advantage, Giants, but could easily be a push next year if the Eagles sign a Vincent Jackson, resign DeSean, and/or some of the WRs play better.

DE - The Giants have two pure pass rushers in Osi Umenyiora and Jason Pierre Paul. Osi has been injured alot and ineffective this year, but Pierre-Paul has been very good. Justin Tuck is a great LDE but has been hampered by injuries. The Eagles have Jason Babin and Trent Cole, both top-10 DEs, and a very solid rotation with Daryl Tapp, Juqua Parker, Brandon Graham and Phillip Hunt. The Eagles led the NFL in sacks this season, with most coming from the DL. Cole and Babin are just as good as what the Giants have, and Tapp, Parker, Graham and Hunt provide better depth. Advantage, Eagles

DT - The Giants trot Linval Joseph and Chris Canty out onto the field when they're not playing their DEs as DTs. Joseph and Canty are basically average players. The Eagles have a top-5 pass rushing DT in Cullen Jenkins, average DTs Mike Patterson, Trevor Laws, Derek Landri, and the injured Antonio Dixon. Because Jenkins is a better pass rusher than anything the Giants have, and Patterson/Laws/Dixon/Landri are on par as a rotation with the Giants' starting DTs, Advantage, Eagles

LB - Both groups of LBers for the Eagles and Giants are a mix of ineffective veteran stopgaps and inconsistent young players. What emerges from these groups will remain to be seen, but needless to say both teams have struggled at this spot. Push

CB - For the Eagles, Nnamdi Asomugha and Domonique Rodgers Cromartie struggled at times this year, while Asante Samuel has been decent. Next year, one of these will likely be out. The Giants have Corey Webster, who is solid, the struggling rookie Prince Amukamara, the injured Terrel Thomas and nobody else decent. I could see either one of these teams emerging next year as the team with the better CBs, but based on this year, I'll take Asomugha and Samuel over the Giants CBs, and based on pure talent, I'll go Advantage, Eagles

S - For the Giants, Kenny Phillips is a very good safety, but Antrell Rolle is very overrated and is terrible in coverage. Outside of these two, the Giants have an aging Deon Grant and nothing much else. The Eagles have struggled at this position all season long. Kurt Coleman is an unathletic JAG, and Nate Allen has shown flashes but has struggled with injury all year. The Eagles S situation might improve next year, but right now this is clearly Heavy advantage, Giants

So I gave the advantage to the Eagles in talent in every area of the roster except QB (which could go either way in any given year, as Vick has potential to play really great games and play really bad games, just as Eli does), WR (which is almost a push, but only advantage Giants because Cruz and Nicks are playing extremely well this year and DeSean and Maclin are having down years), and S.

The only reason the Eagles didn't make it into the playoffs as the NFC East champs is because a.) Juan Castillo struggled heavily as a defensive coordinator early in the season and b.) Michael Vick had a very down year and threw too many interceptions.

They were basically one or two games (lost due to a late-game collapse due to Castillo) away from easily winning the division. The Giants did NOT clearly out-play the Eagles in any way this year and clearly don't have more talent than the Eagles.

BeerBaron
01-04-2012, 12:05 PM
im taking the lions in a monumental upset

I'm not saying that's impossible, but his argument that the #1 offense in football "couldn't keep up" to the Lions is...asinine.

TimmG6376
01-04-2012, 12:07 PM
I'm not saying that's impossible, but his argument that the #1 offense in football "couldn't keep up" to the Lions is...asinine.

In the Superdome nonetheless

Rosebud
01-04-2012, 12:15 PM
The Giants are not more talented than the Eagles or even the Redskins.

You do realize that the Redskins dominated the Giants twice this year? And that the Eagles dominated them in their last meeting, and dominated them in their first meeting as well short of a few busted plays on the Eagles' defense?

The Giants' "talent" level is grossly overrated. They have a solid QB who is just outside of the top-10 in the league. They have two very good but drop-prone WRs. Outside of that, they ahve nothing on offense. Their offensive line is old and slow and quite the liability. They have no impact TEs whatsoever. They have one of the worst rushing attacks in the league.

Their defensive line is pretty solid, but not as dominant as people think they are. I've watched every single Giants game this year, and again, they either show up in a big way or disappear completely. Osi and JPP are both pure pass rushers who are liablities in the run game and can be shut down by good OTs. Tuck is an often injured shell of his former self. Their DTs are all classic JAGs. They have absolutely zero LBers. Corey Webster and Kenny Phillips are their only good DBs and both are just slightly above-average. Everyone else in their secondary is garbage.

At least we're not as bad as the eagles and redskins.

JBCX
01-04-2012, 12:17 PM
At least we're not as bad as the eagles and redskins.

You do realize that the Giants are 9-7 and only won the division because of terrible hire of Juan Castillo on the Eagles, and that the Eagles are overall a more talented team than the Giants?

Enjoy your early exit in the playoffs, and then enjoy watching the Eagles run the NFC East next year with a new defensive coordinator such as Spagnuolo.

By the way, please read that breakdown of the Eagles/Giants rosters and tell me where I'm wrong about the Eagles being more talented than the Giants on nearly every level.

Rosebud
01-04-2012, 12:20 PM
You do realize that the Eagles are 8-8 and lost win the division, and it was only close because of the terrible hire of Perry Fewell by the Giants, and that the Giants are overall a more talented team than the Eagles?

Enjoy not making the playoffs, and then enjoy watching the Giants run the NFC East next year with a new defensive coordinator such as Spagnuolo

Giantsfan1080
Please make it stop. The Giants have a higher calling this weekend than just advancing in the playoffs. He's ruining my playoff boner.

Rosebud
By the way, please read that breakdown of the Eagles/Giants rosters and tell me where I'm wrong about the Eagles being more talented than the Giants on nearly every level.

You did get the RBs right...oh yeah, and the safeties...

JBCX
01-04-2012, 12:22 PM
You did get the RBs right...oh yeah, and the safeties...

See, you can't dispute the breakdown because you know it's all true.

FlyingElvis
01-04-2012, 12:26 PM
Cincinnati at Houston (Saturday 4:30 EST)

Very interesting, with a rookie QB guaranteed to win in his first playoff appearance. I think the Texans rushing attack is too much for a Bengals D that has been weakened after starting out strong. Ultimately, Wade Phillips proves his worth (as if he hasn't already) and the Bengals have a tough time moving the ball. I haven't looked at the lines, but I'd pick this game to be the easy under with a whopping 21-24 points total.

Texans 13 - Bengals 9

Detroit at New Orleans (Saturday 8:30)

I don't see any way the Lions horrendous D slows the Saints attack, short of Suh getting in there and literally ripping Brees' head off. The Saints D has been looking better and should be plenty good enough to prevent the Lions from scoring the 35+ points they'll need to stay in contention. Honestly, I think it goes the same as their last few games, where the Saints look like they'll be in a shootout early but their opponent can't come close to keeping pace.

Saints 45 - Lions 24

Atlanta at NY Giants (Sunday 1:00)

The Giants look to be heating up a bit and I think they take the win vs. the Falcons. Matt Ryan under pressure can get ugly quick, and I think it happens this week. This one is probably going to be the best game of the weekend, though. Enough scoring to keep the casual fan involved and likely to be a last possession game, as both teams are solid and playing decent. Ultimately, I think Eli and Coughlin are the smart place to put your money in January, much to my dear ol' Dad's chargin, as he's a Giants fan who hates both of them.

Giants 31 - Falcons 27

Pittsburgh at Denver (Sunday 4:30)

Personally, I like Tebow. I want him to succeed b/c he seems to genuinely love handling the backhand compliments he gets from players, media, and everyone who doesn't drink the cool-aid. He makes me laugh with how well he brushes off the comments, though I still say his style of play really can't win games long-term. Also, I think Elway is a cumguzzlin' dbag. I hate him for the same reason I hate Eli, and would love to see him have to embrace Tebow and suck down crow with that horseface. None of that will matter on Sunday, of course. The only way I see a Broncos win is if Harrison gives up a few dumb penalties. So, I suppose that means there's a decent chance of a Broncos win.

Steelers 24 - Broncos 13

Rosebud
01-04-2012, 12:30 PM
See, you can't dispute the breakdown because you know it's all true.

That is a truth fact...well except for about JPP, you're wrong about that one because JPP > the Eagles.

JBCX
01-04-2012, 12:33 PM
That is a truth fact...well except for about JPP, you're wrong about that one because JPP > the Eagles.

He sure did get alot of pressure in those games against Vince Young and Michael Vick when Jason Peters locked him down.

Razor
01-04-2012, 12:36 PM

The call it a bold prediction or whatever makes you feel better. The Lions defense is a lot better than given credit for and should get to Brees. The Saints should have trouble running the ball as well. The Lions have a better matchup on offense than the Lions imo. To me this game is 50-50, and I just decided to go with my gut feeling. Stafford and Megatron have been lighting it up lately, and my feeling is that they're going to continue doing that this weekend.

Rosebud
01-04-2012, 12:45 PM
He sure did get alot of pressure in those games against Vince Young and Michael Vick when Jason Peters locked him down.

So that's why Vick did so great against the giants that first go around, huh. I thought Vick was just that good that not even a pass rush could phase him. Wish Eli were as tough, clutch and reliable...

Raiderz4Life
01-04-2012, 12:46 PM
The call it a bold prediction or whatever makes you feel better. The Lions defense is a lot better than given credit for and should get to Brees. The Saints should have trouble running the ball as well. The Lions have a better matchup on offense than the Lions imo. To me this game is 50-50, and I just decided to go with my gut feeling. Stafford and Megatron have been lighting it up lately, and my feeling is that they're going to continue doing that this weekend.

I'm sorry but...Brees and Co. Losing because they can't keep up...is probbly the most least likely scenario....especially in the dome...Detroit is going to be the one trying to keep up and hope their D can get a stop or 2...that could win them the game but I don't think they will

Iamcanadian
01-04-2012, 12:47 PM

I'm hoping your right, could be a lot closer than people think.

Jughead10
01-04-2012, 12:47 PM

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/4347/54570826.jpg

Everyone, just think in roughly 4 days, he could be gone forever.

DBNYDP
01-04-2012, 12:50 PM
They say you never truly appreciate things until they are gone.

Rosebud
01-04-2012, 12:53 PM
They say you never truly appreciate things until they are gone.

They clearly haven't met JBCX yet.

BeerBaron
01-04-2012, 12:58 PM
Gaints fans, seriously? A two page argument that could have been settled in one post two, possible ways:

A.) Yeah well, the Eagles can watch the Giants in the playoffs from their couch.

or

B.) http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2677066&#post2677066

Giantsfan1080
01-04-2012, 12:59 PM
Rosebud likes to egg him on.

Rosebud
01-04-2012, 01:17 PM
I'm sorry BB.

BeerBaron
01-04-2012, 01:19 PM
Non-pissy arguing:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/04/ben-roethlisberger-suffered-setback-in-cleveland/

Big Ben suffered a setback to his high ankle sprain in Cleveland. Shouldn't affect his availability but may affect his effectiveness.

(Used affect and effect in the same sentence. Grammar win.)

scottyboy
01-04-2012, 01:19 PM
I just read Chris Snee is considered a JAG.
Why do these things happen?
Danny Watkins? Like for serious?
Whatever, haters gonna hate. And I hope the next 4 posts after mine are hilarious pictures or .gifs of haters gonna hate. they're funny and make me giggle

Rosebud
01-04-2012, 01:25 PM
I just read Chris Snee is considering a JAG.
Why do these things happen?
Danny Watkins? Like for serious?
Whatever, haters gonna hate. And I hope the next 4 posts after mine are hilarious pictures or .gifs of haters gonna hate. they're funny and make me giggle

Ummm...JBCX said it so it must be true...Snee is clearly JAG.

BeerBaron
01-04-2012, 01:28 PM
Ummm...JBCX said it so it must be true...Snee is clearly JAG.

Ohhhhhhhh..I feel dumb....or feel that Scotty is dumb. One or the other.

He wrote "Snee is considering a JAG." I thought this was some weird thing about buying a Jaguar car. I couldn't for the life of me grasp that.

JAG. I get it now.

49ersfan_87
01-04-2012, 01:34 PM
I'm actually looking forward to the Bengals/Texans and Falcons/Giants game the most. Bengals/Texans is probably the most unlikely playoff matchup you could think of.

Lions/Saints should be a shootout but tbh i've gotten a little tired of air it out shootouts lately. I also find Steelers and Broncos games a little boring so that's not my favourite matchup. Still, it's playoff football and there's only 11 games left so it's time to cherish each one of them. Not rooting for anyone, just want some fun football this weekend.

BeerBaron
01-04-2012, 01:37 PM
I'm actually looking forward to the Bengals/Texans and Falcons/Giants game the most. Bengals/Texans is probably the most unlikely playoff matchup you could think of.

Lions/Saints should be a shootout but tbh i've gotten a little tired of air it out shootouts lately. I also find Steelers and Broncos games a little boring so that's not my favourite matchup. Still, it's playoff football and there's only 11 games left so it's time to cherish each one of them. Not rooting for anyone, just want some fun football this weekend.

If we're just talking straight up ROOTING interests, I'm pulling for the Bengals, Saints and Steelers for sure.

Bengals because I don't think the Texans, even if they win this week, could advance any further with a rookie 3rd string QB at the helm. The Bengals would at least have a chance, albeit a small one.

The Saints because I don't like the Lions, Bears fan and all. I hope the Saints win by 156 points.

And Steelers because I don't want a media circle jerk all week about Tebow.

Giants/Falcons I'm torn....I think the Giants are capable of giving the Packers a better game than the Falcons are. (Assuming the Saints win in this scenario, the ATL/NYG winner would to Green Bay.) The Giants already played them tougher than the Falcons did this year.

Jughead10
01-04-2012, 01:44 PM
No doubt in my mind the Super Dome is a scarier place to play at than Lambeau is. Especially for the Giants. 1/3 of this team has already won in Lambeau on a big stage. Granted that GB team wasn't as good as this one, but I think the tight game the Giants had this year would give them confidence. Similar to how that Pats week 17 in 2007 did for us in the Super Bowl.

Hines
01-04-2012, 01:45 PM
I have 50 bucks on Sunday's game. The Steelers BETTER win.

Oh, and if the Steelers win and the Bengals win, the Steelers go to Baltimore. I want to beat Baltimore in the AFCCG, though I'd want to beat them anytime.

BeerBaron
01-04-2012, 01:47 PM
I have 50 bucks on Sunday's game. The Steelers BETTER win.

Oh, and if the Steelers win and the Bengals win, the Steelers go to Baltimore. I want to beat Baltimore in the AFCCG, though I'd want to beat them anytime.

Baltimore is 8-0 at home this year.....although, it's VERY hard to beat a playoff caliber team 3 times in one season. That game needs to happen because most Ravens/Steelers games are awesome, hard hitting, hate-fueled football. The best kind as far as I'm concerned.

Hines
01-04-2012, 01:50 PM
Baltimore is 8-0 at home this year.....although, it's VERY hard to beat a playoff caliber team 3 times in one season. That game needs to happen because most Ravens/Steelers games are awesome, hard hitting, hate-fueled football. The best kind as far as I'm concerned.

I know their record. I just don't know who I want to play next week if the Steelers to win. I guess Baltimore, but I want them in the AFCCG. I wouldn't mind seeing Tom Brady being one and done again, though.

Jughead10
01-04-2012, 01:50 PM

It will be fun here. Even as a Giants fan I get into it. There a lot of Steelers fans around here in the city. Much like anywhere though. Plus I'd get to tailgate for the game and that would be a lot of fun.

I think the Steelers would win. I have no idea how the Ravens are where they are. The parts don't equal the whole in my opinion so I guess all the credit goes to Harbaugh.

K Train
01-04-2012, 01:55 PM

the ravens sweeping the steelers is a fluke, losing game 2 was a travesty and just an abortion of a defensive gameplan and a 2 minute drill collapse.

steelers own the ravens in the playoffs, flacco will be playing scared. i dont care if the steelers play in baltimore, just more pressure on flacco. im a big bengals fan (again) this week...i do not want the steelers to have to go to foxboro yet

Jvig43
01-04-2012, 01:57 PM
I know their record. I just don't know who I want to play next week if the Steelers to win. I guess Baltimore, but I want them in the AFCCG. I wouldn't mind seeing Tom Brady being one and done again, though.

I want to attack this comment being a Pats fan, but who am I kidding if we have to play the Ravens or Steelers were ******.

BeerBaron
01-04-2012, 01:58 PM
I want to attack this comment being a Pats fan, but who am I kidding if we have to play the Ravens or Steelers were ******.

Well, you'd have to win at least one to play the Ravens.

But seriously, if the Bengals win and you get them in round 2 and they end your season.....

Not good.

Giantsfan1080
01-04-2012, 02:02 PM
It will be fun here. Even as a Giants fan I get into it. There a lot of Steelers fans around here in the city. Much like anywhere though. Plus I'd get to tailgate for the game and that would be a lot of fun.

I think the Steelers would win. I have no idea how the Ravens are where they are. The parts don't equal the whole in my opinion so I guess all the credit goes to Harbaugh.

All the credit goes to this man.

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100906153951/armchair-new/images/4/4a/Player_profile_Ray_Rice.jpg

K Train
01-04-2012, 02:03 PM
im terrified of the patriots in foxboro....BB has an ungodly record against teams that beat them once in the year when they go round two....not too mention the pats dismantle the steelers in the playoffs

Jvig43
01-04-2012, 02:04 PM
Well, you'd have to win at least one to play the Ravens.

But seriously, if the Bengals win and you get them in round 2 and they end your season.....

Not good.

I know, I have a lot of confidence against the Bengals and a Rookie QB, even with our defense but would it surprise me if we lost? Not with the way we have started games the last two weeks. Alot of Pats fans where I live think it's awesome the way we played the last two games coming back from being down so much early, but it was against the ******* Bills and Dolphins. Yeah we showed we could fight back but why we ever HAD to fight back that much in those games is just a bit shameful.

BeerBaron
01-04-2012, 02:04 PM

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100906153951/armchair-new/images/4/4a/Player_profile_Ray_Rice.jpg

Not if this man has his way:

http://majorleaguejerk.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/cam-cameron-3.jpg

"SIX CARRIES I SAID, YOU LITTLE ******* PUKE! RUNNING THE BALL DOESN'T MAKE ME LOOK LIKE A GOD DAMNED OFFENSIVE GENIUS! HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO GET ANOTHER HEAD COACHING JOB!?"

Jughead10
01-04-2012, 02:05 PM

I know it does. It really does. When he gets the ball they win and when he doesn't they lose. But there just aren't a lot of quality players on the Ravens anymore. Rice, Ngata, and Suggs (this year) are studs. But Reed and Boldin looked completely washed up this year. Ray is still playing at a higher level than those guys but obviously not like he used to and he was hurt which is rare. The QB in painfully average. The offensive coordinator is Perry Fewell on the other side of the ball. I'm shocked they swept the Steelers.

Hines
01-04-2012, 02:11 PM
Two underrated aspects for the Steelers IMO is that a healthy Polamalu is going into the playoffs and the return of LaMarr Woodley(who is a beast in the postseason). I just hope Ben's ankle gets better fast because the Steelers do have the ammo to take it this year.

BeerBaron
01-04-2012, 02:13 PM
Two underrated aspects for the Steelers IMO is that a healthy Polamalu is going into the playoffs and the return of LaMarr Woodley(who is a beast in the postseason). I just hope Ben's ankle gets better fast because the Steelers do have the ammo to take it this year.

We'll see how they adjust to losing Mendenhall. I could see Bruce Arians getting too pass wacky with backup RBs and a gimpy Ben for that to be effective.

scottyboy
01-04-2012, 02:13 PM
YAY RAY RICE! RAY RICE IS THE BEST! RUTGERS IS THE BEST!
i enjoy his success.

BeerBaron
01-04-2012, 02:14 PM
YAY RAY RICE! RAY RICE IS THE BEST! RUTGERS IS THE BEST!
i enjoy his success.

You should stalk and murder Cam Cameron. Replace his playbook with one written in all scarlet red that is nothing but different plays designed to give the ball to Ray Rice. They'll think his dying wish was to hand Rice the ball 67 times.

scottyboy
Ohhhhhhhh..I feel dumb....or feel that Scotty is dumb. One or the other.

He wrote "Snee is considering a JAG." I thought this was some weird thing about buying a Jaguar car. I couldn't for the life of me grasp that.

JAG. I get it now.

you're a ****. just let me have my one little slip up.
and we're both dumb.
or both smart.
or american football

K Train
We'll see how they adjust to losing Mendenhall. I could see Bruce Arians getting too pass wacky with backup RBs and a gimpy Ben for that to be effective.

without mendenhall arians is gonna call 75 passes a game, 60 of which being screens to ward

Hines
01-04-2012, 02:15 PM

I'm not a HUGE fan of Redman, but the boy runs hard. He's going to be a load for some teams if he gets going. That said, he's probably the slowest ************ in the league at RB. I think he could have a nice little postseason. But yeah, I agree, losing Mendenhall hurts and it hurts bad considering he was JUST starting to run the way he did last year.

BeerBaron
01-04-2012, 02:16 PM
without mendenhall arians is gonna call 75 passes a game, 60 of which being screens to ward

As long as he still gets some passes to Heath. It seems like Heath catches like 3 passes per game in the playoffs....but all 3 are absolutely critical, must-have first downs.

And it's always funny hearing the crowd at away games chant "HEAAAAATTHHHHHH"

K Train
01-04-2012, 02:18 PM
I'm not a HUGE fan of Redman, but the boy runs hard. He's going to be a load for some teams if he gets going. That said, he's probably the slowest ************ in the league at RB. I think he could have a nice little postseason. But yeah, I agree, losing Mendenhall hurts and it hurts bad considering he was JUST starting to run the way he did last year.

i have zero faith in redman as anything more than a 3rd down back or a short yardage back...hes good for 2 tough yards, he has good balance, and hes a decent pass blocker and reciever.

after we beat tebow it could be an early exit

BeerBaron
01-04-2012, 02:18 PM

He also fumbled twice last week. He needs to carry the ball better. And Moore is out too, no? So that leave.....Clay? As the primary backup?

Eesh. Over/Under 60 called passes for Ben this week?

K Train
01-04-2012, 02:19 PM
i kinda have a thing for john clay, i wish we had dwyer available though.

this week they can gash the broncos on the ground, against the ravens....50 passes easy

BeerBaron
01-04-2012, 02:22 PM
i kinda have a thing for john clay, i wish we had dwyer available though.

this week they can gash the broncos on the ground, against the ravens....50 passes easy

You have a thing for Clay yet you think Redman is slow. Clay is about as fast as an average o-lineman.

K Train
01-04-2012, 02:28 PM
i didnt say redman was slow (he is) i just kinda hate redman because hes a training camp hero and steeler fans LOVE him and call for mendenhalls head because redman runnnzzzzz soooo harrdddddd

redman sucks, i know clay isnt beating anyone long but the steelers playoff chances are going to rely on ball control anyway because ben apparently cant throw TDs with a sore ankle

jrdrylie
01-04-2012, 03:26 PM
The Eagles have the best LT in the NFL in Jason Peters

No they don't. Jason Peters isn't even close to the best LT in the NFL.

DraftSavant
01-04-2012, 03:59 PM
No they don't. Jason Peters isn't even close to the best LT in the NFL.

Actually, he had a pretty incredible year this year. It's not that ridiculous of an assertion.

Joe Thomas and Jake Long are very good, but they're not Pace/Roaf/Ogden/Jones level.

scottyboy
01-04-2012, 04:29 PM
You should stalk and murder Cam Cameron. Replace his playbook with one written in all scarlet red that is nothing but different plays designed to give the ball to Ray Rice. They'll think his dying wish was to hand Rice the ball 67 times.

if Ray Rice doesn't have 20-25 touches, the Ravens deserve to lose. They need to ride his thick, juicy, succulent thighs through the playoffs

Timbathia
01-04-2012, 04:43 PM
I think Tebow is awful, and the Broncos defense is not really that good (especially with Dawkins out), but I think this game will actually be close. Not saying the Broncos will necessarily win, but I think they will still be in it at the end.

BeerBaron
01-04-2012, 04:48 PM
I think Tebow is awful, and the Broncos defense is not really that good (especially with Dawkins out), but I think this game will actually be close. Not saying the Broncos will necessarily win, but I think they will still be in it at the end.

If the Steelers were fully healthy, I'd say that they should run away with it with ease.

But...they've struggled a bit against inferior competitions lately. (13-9 vs. Chiefs, 14-3 and 13-9 against Cleveland) and a bit on the road (San Fran).

I HOPE the Steelers just romp the Broncos, because I couldn't handle a week of the media on Tebow's **** if he wins a playoff game.

Basileus777
01-04-2012, 04:53 PM
Tebow winning would be amazing. Maybe I should feel guilty rooting for him even though I'm a Chiefs fan, but all the hysteria around Tebow is just too entertaining. And it's not like I have to worry about him actually winning a Superbowl or anything.

BeerBaron
01-04-2012, 04:54 PM
Tebow winning would be amazing. Maybe I should feel guilty rooting for him even though I'm a Chiefs fan, but all the hysteria around Tebow is just too entertaining. And it's not like I have to worry about him actually winning a Superbowl or anything.

I'd prefer not to risk it. Even a .0000000000000000000000000000.....001% chance is still a chance. The sooner he is out, the better.

Timbathia
01-04-2012, 04:56 PM
If the Steelers were fully healthy, I'd say that they should run away with it with ease.

But...they've struggled a bit against inferior competitions lately. (13-9 vs. Chiefs, 14-3 and 13-9 against Cleveland) and a bit on the road (San Fran).

I HOPE the Steelers just romp the Broncos, because I couldn't handle a week of the media on Tebow's **** if he wins a playoff game.

A banged-up team on the road against someone everyone has written off. Just smells like one of those games.

Timbathia
01-04-2012, 04:57 PM

It would become the greatest Disney sports movie ever made if the Broncos win the superbowl. They may even add a verse to the Bible about it.

BeerBaron
01-04-2012, 04:59 PM
I don't have much faith in humanity as it is. Let's not piss around and cause me to lose all of it.

Ness
01-04-2012, 05:23 PM
Finally, the playoffs start. Wasn't able to watch them last season because I was in China. As for wild card weekend, here are my picks:

Cincinnati at Houston
Detroit at New Orleans
Atlanta at NY Giants
Pittsburgh at Denver

Bulldogs
01-04-2012, 05:36 PM
Finally, the playoffs start. Wasn't able to watch them last season because I was in China. As for wild card weekend, here are my picks:

Cincinnati at Houston
Detroit at New Orleans
Atlanta at NY Giants
Pittsburgh at Denver

Surprise, surprise.

Brodeur
01-04-2012, 05:41 PM
**** the pussyfooting around, DETROIT IS WINNING SATURDAY AND I GUARANTEE IT.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-oJhS38rKsQo/TcNw5jtulAI/AAAAAAAAAjg/QRTWSibcwo0/s640/mark+messier+guarantee.jpg

49erNation85
01-04-2012, 06:01 PM
i would think if SF can get pass a banged up Pittsburge team then Tebow and the Broncos can do it too. Go tebow!!

Raiderz4Life
01-04-2012, 06:20 PM
i would think if SF can get pass a banged up Pittsburge team then Tebow and the Broncos can do it too. Go tebow!!

LMAO wut???

Get out of here ahahaha

Sloopy
01-04-2012, 06:37 PM

In a way... I would love to see the Broncos beat the Steelers because it would mean that we wouldn't have to face them in the playoffs... in different way I am really worried about the Ravens playing down to their competition and getting Tebowed...

K Train
01-04-2012, 06:46 PM
steelers getting tebowed is just a nightmare of mine

Sloopy
01-04-2012, 06:53 PM
steelers getting tebowed is just a nightmare of mine

Those tiny pass rushers, under normal circumstances, probably would just get swatted away by Ben. Unfortunately (well fortunately for me), they will probably be able to affect him/bring him down with him being injured.

Hines
01-04-2012, 07:01 PM
Yes BB MeMo is out. That's another hurtful loss IMO

Timbathia
01-04-2012, 07:54 PM
Those tiny pass rushers, under normal circumstances, probably would just get swatted away by Ben. Unfortunately (well fortunately for me), they will probably be able to affect him/bring him down with him being injured.

Ankles arent very big. A Von Miller cannonball below the knees on the first drive would be well worth the penalty yards.

BeerBaron
01-04-2012, 07:58 PM
Ankles arent very big. A Von Miller cannonball below the knees on the first drive would be well worth the penalty yards.

You don't want to be "that team" that does **** like that. Win or lose, keep your dignity.

Timbathia
01-04-2012, 08:02 PM
You don't want to be "that team" that does **** like that. Win or lose, keep your dignity.

I am pretty sure that Harrison will do something worse than that during the game.

And half of the Lions squad during their game too.

K Train
01-04-2012, 08:03 PM
even if he doesnt, he'll be fined for it

Brodeur
01-04-2012, 08:08 PM
I am pretty sure that Harrison will do something worse than that during the game.

And half of the Lions squad during their game too.

Haven't done anything like that since Thanksgiving but sure.

Basileus777
01-04-2012, 08:40 PM
Haven't done anything like that since Thanksgiving but sure.

A whole 5 games, that's pretty impressive.

DBNYDP
01-04-2012, 08:44 PM
They clearly haven't met JBCX yet.
It was meant to be a joke, I know who he is.

Who knows you might miss your resident crazy guy standing on a cardboard box predicting the Redskins going to the Super Bowl. It adds some flavor to the forums.

Lol.

Ness
01-05-2012, 05:51 AM

The 49ers aren't the Broncos. And Roethlisberger will be in better condition than he was when we played him. Oh and let's not forget the Broncos have lost three straight games, with two of them being blowouts.

BeerBaron
01-05-2012, 07:19 AM
http://beta.local.yahoo.com/news-coach-fox-appeals-fans-not-sell-tickets-steelers-fans

It says something about the Steelers fans willingness to travel that the head coach has to to beg Broncos fans not to sell their tickets to Steelers fans.

Regardless, I expect to see a lot of terrible towels waving in Denver this week.

Smooth Criminal
01-05-2012, 10:14 AM
Steelers fans always travel very well. I remember the 05 AFC Championship in Denver. That crowd had so many Steelers fans in it

I want the Steelers to play at Baltimore just so we get to see the great game again, but I'll be able to go to NE if they play there so thatll be a good day too.

Dalton missing practice with the flu isnt good for the Bengals. He needs to play well for them to win. Houston would win a low scoring game imo.

BeerBaron
01-05-2012, 04:17 PM
http://tosh.comedycentral.com/blog/files/2012/01/what-would-tim-tebow-do-license-plate-exists-7015-1325635201-1.jpg

That guy is going to regret that in 3 years when Tebow is the 3rd string RB in Jacksonville.

Rosebud
01-05-2012, 04:28 PM
http://tosh.comedycentral.com/blog/files/2012/01/what-would-tim-tebow-do-license-plate-exists-7015-1325635201-1.jpg

That guy is going to regret that in 3 years when Tebow is the 3rd string RB in Jacksonville.

That part, I doubt.

Hines
01-05-2012, 05:53 PM
Pouncey might not play Sunday. :(

gpngc
01-05-2012, 05:54 PM
I'm finding it very difficult to not pound Lions +10.5... only reason I haven't yet is because I could see it going up towards 13 rather than down towards 8 (and if it gets to 8 I could live with that as well).

DBNYDP
01-05-2012, 06:31 PM
I'm starting to think the Broncos might have a shot. Roethlisburger is limping and with his mobility limited he should be a somewhat easy target for Von+Doom behind that bad offensive line. Without him getting time I don't see him really exploiting Denver''s secondary, and he has never really been that great of a pure pocket passer which I think he'll be doing a lot. Their running game is going to be limited with the injury to Mendenhall and Pouncey not playing (?).

Defensively they clearly have an advantage over Denver's offense. But Woodley is coming off injury and Harrison didn't practice today. Clark is sitting out, and Polamalu didn't practice today. Those corners have never been that great and generally only look good when there is a good pass rush. They've struggled to stop the run at times this year so Denver's rushing attack should have some success. I think Tebow might able to pass against this team given the conditions he will be facing (not a very good secondary/injured pass rush). Denver is generally good at home in the playoffs.

I'm not saying we win the game but things are starting to lineup and an upset might happen. The Broncos aren't a better team than the Steelers. But this Sunday they might be.

On any given Sunday...

Random Fact: The last time I remember crying was the 05 Broncos and Steelers playoff game. This would be sweet sweet revenge for me if the Broncos win (which probably won't happen but I'm already happy with our year so I can't really get sad if they lose).

Bengalsrocket
01-05-2012, 06:40 PM
Random Fact: The last time I remember crying was the 05 Broncos and Steelers playoff game. This would be sweet sweet revenge for me if the Broncos win (which probably won't happen but I'm already happy with our year so I can't really get sad if they lose).

Random Fact: I've never cried over a football game :( I feel like I'm missing something when I see other people crying :/

Edit: even as a player. In 7th or 8th grade, we got elimination from some tri-state tournament right before the last game, and my entire team was crying it seemed and I just didn't get it. What's wrong with me? :(

Ness
01-05-2012, 06:54 PM
Random Fact: I've never cried over a football game :( I feel like I'm missing something when I see other people crying :/

Edit: even as a player. In 7th or 8th grade, we got elimination from some tri-state tournament right before the last game, and my entire team was crying it seemed and I just didn't get it. What's wrong with me? :(

Don't question it. It's a good thing.

I've never cried over a football game either.

Now I randomly remember Dante Hall crying at the podium after the Chiefs lost to the Colts in 2003 in the playoffs.

Hines
01-05-2012, 06:56 PM
I've cried plenty of times during wins and loses for the Steelers. None more than my Senior year in HS when my school got eliminated in the playoffs and it hit me that I'd never play again. All the Seniors cried.

gpngc
01-05-2012, 06:57 PM
I'm starting to think the Broncos might have a shot. Roethlisburger is limping and with his mobility limited he should be a somewhat easy target for Von+Doom behind that bad offensive line. Without him getting time I don't see him really exploiting Denver''s secondary, and he has never really been that great of a pure pocket passer which I think he'll be doing a lot. Their running game is going to be limited with the injury to Mendenhall and Pouncey not playing (?).

Defensively they clearly have an advantage over Denver's offense. But Woodley is coming off injury and Harrison didn't practice today. Clark is sitting out, and Polamalu didn't practice today. Those corners have never been that great and generally only look good when there is a good pass rush. They've struggled to stop the run at times this year so Denver's rushing attack should have some success. I think Tebow might able to pass against this team given the conditions he will be facing (not a very good secondary/injured pass rush). Denver is generally good at home in the playoffs.

I'm not saying we win the game but things are starting to lineup and an upset might happen. The Broncos aren't a better team than the Steelers. But this Sunday they might be.

On any given Sunday...

Broncos +9 seems too good to be true as well. Pittsburgh is so overrated it's ridiculous and everyone HATES Denver right now, so there's value.

I just hate going against Tomlin.

San Diego Chicken
01-06-2012, 09:20 PM
There should be a lot of pressure on Atlanta to win on Sunday. They lose and the Mike Smith/Matt Ryan group falls to 0-3 in the playoffs

ATLDirtyBirds
01-06-2012, 09:28 PM
There should be a lot of pressure on Atlanta to win on Sunday. They lose and the Mike Smith/Matt Ryan group falls to 0-3 in the playoffs

Not really. I mean, there's always pressure, but those two are both incredibly safe. If we don't win though, I think our coordinators get the axe.

Ness
01-06-2012, 09:40 PM
Not really. I mean, there's always pressure, but those two are both incredibly safe. If we don't win though, I think our coordinators get the axe.

Well Matt Ryan I don't think is the problem. Good quarterback. That defense needs to step it up really. I'm always skeptical about dome teams in the playoffs against opponents on the road outside of a dome. If the Falcons win Sunday, that's great. Then they would have to come here in San Francisco or go to the Packers. Either way, they are playing two road playoff games outdoors, maybe even three. Then there is the Super Bowl in New York. Man that is a tall order. It would go a long way to at least win one game.

Giantsfan1080
01-06-2012, 09:42 PM
The SB isn't in NY this year. Also, the Falcons are a dome team but they don't play like one. The way they play they're more prepared for the weather than the Giants. Last it's going to 45 and sunny Sunday afternoon so there is no advantage there anyway.

Jughead10
01-06-2012, 09:44 PM
The SB isn't in NY this year. Also, the Falcons are a dome team but they don't play like one. The way they play they're more prepared for the weather than the Giants. Last it's going to 45 and sunny Sunday afternoon so there is no advantage there anyway.

They don't play like a dome team, but doesn't the record say otherwise? Very strange.

ATLDirtyBirds
01-06-2012, 09:46 PM
They don't play like a dome team, but doesn't the record say otherwise? Very strange.

Nothing to do with the dome, we're just a more effective home team because we're able to run the no huddle a lot more smoothly, and we are much more productive in that mode.

Giantsfan1080
01-06-2012, 09:49 PM

Like you said in the Giants thread there is something going on there but with the crappy 1 P.M. Giants crowd I'm not expecting it to continue.

Bulldogs
01-07-2012, 12:58 AM

Matt Ryan isn't exactly a stranger to the cold. He's a Philly kid who played his college ball at Boston College. One of my favourite Falcons' moments was his last minute comeback drive against the Jets in the snow.

BaLLiN
01-07-2012, 07:51 AM
Its been a lot colder lately in upper NJ than it was predicted earlier in the week. I don't think the weather predictions will be right. I think we'll see more like 30 degrees, low winds, probably no precipitation.

Jughead10
01-07-2012, 08:41 AM
Matt Ryan isn't exactly a stranger to the cold. He's a Philly kid who played his college ball at Boston College. One of my favourite Falcons' moments was his last minute comeback drive against the Jets in the snow.

I know. I think it's just more of a home/away thing. Their record in the Georgia Dome is ridiculous.

J-Mike88
01-07-2012, 09:20 AM
I've cried plenty of times during wins and loses for the Steelers. None more than my Senior year in HS when my school got eliminated in the playoffs and it hit me that I'd never play again. All the Seniors cried.
No shame in that. Just shows you care a lot, have passion.

Saints 52
Lions 28

Texans 24
Bengals 13

Steelers 20
Broncos 6

And the game of the week:
Giants 30
Falcons 27

PackerLegend
01-07-2012, 10:01 AM
I want me some playoffs already!

BeerBaron
01-07-2012, 10:09 AM
I have a bad feeling about the Steelers game. The comparisons of the Saints going at the Seahawks last year aren't exactly as close to this, but it's an example of a disheveled, banged-up wildcard team going on the road and failing.

The Steelers have injuries and distractions and I really just don't like the situation at all.

I'm just hoping that LeBeau has that defense ready and it punches Tebow square in the mouth. Then the Steelers win off of anything the offense can give them.

J-Mike88
01-07-2012, 10:24 AM
I have a bad feeling about the Steelers game. The comparisons of the Saints going at the Seahawks last year aren't exactly as close to this, but it's an example of a disheveled, banged-up wildcard team going on the road and failing.

The Steelers have injuries and distractions and I really just don't like the situation at all.

I'm just hoping that LeBeau has that defense ready and it punches Tebow square in the mouth. Then the Steelers win off of anything the offense can give them.
True, but TIM TEBOW cannot pass the football half as good as CHARLIE WHITEHURST could last year.
And Willis McGahee doesn't love Skittles.

But I do remember the champion Patriots losing their 1st round game the next year in Denver too.... but Denver had a passer at that time (who was unfairly crucified for not being Elway).

Brent
01-07-2012, 10:55 AM
Charlie Whitehurst didnt start against the Saints last year. Matt Hasselbeck had one of the best games of his life.

BeerBaron
01-07-2012, 10:59 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/07/broncos-are-prepared-to-yank-tebow-if-he-struggles-against-steelers/

I am very much hoping that we get to see some Brady Quinn.

Brent
01-07-2012, 11:01 AM
Dick LeBeau is erect at the idea of having to beat Brady Quinn.

BeerBaron
01-07-2012, 11:22 AM
Dick LeBeau is erect at the idea of having to beat Brady Quinn.

Quinn is the defensive coordinator version of ******.

Via gra gets censored? Seriously?

yodabear
01-07-2012, 12:43 PM
Colts are not making this very suspensful. Granted, no matter what, Luck is going number 1 somehow, someway.

Anyway, the teams that don't suck predictions....

CINCINNATI 22, Houston 9...Both teams are going to load up and stop the run and I'll defntly take the Red Cannon over TJ Yates.

NEW ORLEANS 45, Detroit 34...Detroit is a great offense, DEFENSE....not so much. If Matt Flynn can do that against them at Lambeau, what will Brees do at the Superdome?

N.Y. GIANTS 27, Atlanta 24...Um, this is a coin flip to me. And when its a coin flip I look at who is at home and the QBs. And a. the Giants are at home and b. I'll take Eli over Ryan easily in the playoffs.

PITTSBURGH 10, Denver 0...This is gonna be a straight up ugly game. Pittsburgh is a mash unit, but they are a team that well is Tim Tebow...they just winzzzzzzzzz. Plus, I think the magic is gone.

Thecollegedropout
01-07-2012, 01:11 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/07/broncos-are-prepared-to-yank-tebow-if-he-struggles-against-steelers/

I am very much hoping that we get to see some Brady Quinn.
Touchdown Jesus>Jesus Christ.

Lets go Brady Quinn.

Raiderz4Life
01-07-2012, 01:39 PM
I'm watching NFLN...and OMG Michael Irvin SUCKS ASS. Jesus, he's a pain to listen to.

DraftSavant
01-07-2012, 01:42 PM
I'm watching NFLN...and OMG Michael Irvin SUCKS ASS. Jesus, he's a pain to listen to.

I'm convinced he's cracked out 99% of the time.

Raiderz4Life
01-07-2012, 02:07 PM
I'm convinced he's cracked out 99% of the time.

I do not doubt that one bit.

Also, I <3 Michelle Beisner.

MetSox17
01-07-2012, 02:19 PM
These couple of hours of waiting are soooo ******* long. I've been watching storage wars for two hours already. I want some god damn football!

Brodeur
01-07-2012, 02:20 PM
These couple of hours of waiting are soooo ******* long. I've been watching storage wars for two hours already. I want some god damn football!

Christmas Vacation is on Comedy Central.

DBNYDP
01-07-2012, 02:25 PM
The Departed is on FX.

SuperPacker
01-07-2012, 02:26 PM

I know same here. I'v been watching a bit of NFL Gameday Morning (even though its not the morning) but that got boring. I've been scouting a few college players but got bored of that. Now im resulting to watching Night at the Museum 2 :(

Plus its not even and exciting game.

Nikolas
01-07-2012, 02:35 PM
I was gonna watch the US Army All-American game, but instead, NBC is showing some Hillary Duff movie. The crappy cable guide lied to me!

Giantsfan1080
01-07-2012, 02:39 PM
I was gonna watch the US Army All-American game, but instead, NBC is showing some Hillary Duff movie. The crappy cable guide lied to me!

The game is definitely on. I'm watching it.

comahan
01-07-2012, 02:40 PM
Bengals 27
Texans 13

My prediction. I hope im wrong, but Houston has been absolutely dreadful of late, and I have zero confidence in TJ Yates.

Splat
01-07-2012, 02:41 PM
These couple of hours of waiting are soooo ******* long. I've been watching storage wars for two hours already.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-7WFDvZ_Qrpk/TwEaaFKQ8TI/AAAAAAAAENw/00W7b6putRk/s640/dave-hester-storage-wars.jpg

ElectricEye
01-07-2012, 02:46 PM
Really hoping the Bengals pull one out today. I would much rather face them and have Pittsburgh and Baltimore beat up on each other again. They still scare me a bit as an opponent though. Very solid defensive team with the ability to bring pressure from multiple places, from what I've seen. We don't have anyone on the roster who can come remotely close to covering AJ Green....and Gresham presents some match up problems as well.

It should be a good game in Houston today though, I'm really happy those guys finally got into the post-season. They have some of my favorite defensive prospects from the past few years playing real good football too in Watt, Barwin, and Reed. I like Foster and Tate a whole ton too. I just have a hard time believing that they're in a good position to win with their quarterback situation.

nepg
01-07-2012, 02:51 PM
Two rookie QBs starting against each other in a playoff game. Awesome.

If you're trying to pick the weaker opponent to play against for the Pats, the Steelers will be less of a threat than the Bengals if the Bengals were to pull this out (the game is a toss-up, imo).

Raiderz4Life
01-07-2012, 02:53 PM
I think TJ Yates can get it done, Kubs just needs to give him a little more leash and not hold him so tight.

nepg
01-07-2012, 02:55 PM
By the way, the line on the Lions-Saints game is REALLY tempting.

The Lions are +475

PackerLegend
01-07-2012, 03:04 PM
Shh pregame its so close! Can't wait.. who are these game announcers

Scotty D
01-07-2012, 03:10 PM
I think the Texans pull it out at home. 20-17

Caulibflower
01-07-2012, 03:13 PM
I think the defenses are both pretty good, but Houston has a far better run game. And Andre Johnson will be back. I think they've got the edge, especially at home, even though I think Dalton's better than Yates. It's not all about the quarterbacks.

gpngc
01-07-2012, 03:19 PM
Bravo, NBC. The A.J. Green/Andy Dalton interview was RIVETING.

MetSox17
01-07-2012, 03:23 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-7WFDvZ_Qrpk/TwEaaFKQ8TI/AAAAAAAAENw/00W7b6putRk/s640/dave-hester-storage-wars.jpg

If i ever meet that guy, i'm gonna slit his throat.

DBNYDP
01-07-2012, 03:23 PM
I think the Bengals win. Both have great defenses but at the end of the day I think it is going to come down to QBs and I think Dalton plays well. I also think AJ Green has a huge game for the Bengals.

gpngc
01-07-2012, 03:24 PM
Can anyone give me any sane reason Matt Stafford won't throw for over 310.5 yards today?

MetSox17
01-07-2012, 03:27 PM
He gets injured? That's the only reason i can think of.

Brodeur
01-07-2012, 03:27 PM
Can anyone give me any sane reason Matt Stafford won't throw for over 310.5 yards today?

He will, don't worry about that.

PackerLegend
01-07-2012, 03:29 PM
Its time! Yes finally

Complex
01-07-2012, 03:29 PM

Calvin Johnson gets hurt.

Caulibflower
01-07-2012, 03:30 PM
GAH.

Todd Hammond looks like an old lady.

GaMeTiMe
01-07-2012, 03:31 PM
Great way to bring in the post-season, this game may be the best of wildcard weekend in terms of the match-up (ATL/NYG close). I'm picking Houston to manage a 20-17 victory.

PackerLegend
01-07-2012, 03:36 PM
I wish Alex Flanagan would get naked ... she gives me a boner

GaMeTiMe
01-07-2012, 03:36 PM
GAH.

Todd Hammond looks like an old lady.

Yeah, that was really bothering me...Like, REALLY bothering me...Makeup or what?

Scotty D
01-07-2012, 03:38 PM
I forgot about Eric Winston.

Raiderz4Life
01-07-2012, 03:39 PM
Frostee Rucker!!! haha I love his name and he's from USC.

Brodeur
01-07-2012, 03:40 PM
Lousy throw to a wide open Andre Johnson. Oi.

Caulibflower
01-07-2012, 03:41 PM
Yeah, that was really bothering me...Like, REALLY bothering me...Makeup or what?

Lipstick, eyeliner... fluffed hair.

*shudders*

He looks like Doris Roberts.

Raiderz4Life
01-07-2012, 03:42 PM
Why is everyone adding "thee" to their schools now? So lame.

scottyboy
01-07-2012, 03:43 PM
BRIAN LEONARD WAS WIDE OPEN!
come on ginger

ElectricEye
01-07-2012, 03:43 PM
Benson should have caught that, but Dalton didn't exactly make it easy on him either. We won't be seeing a whole lot of points if these teams keep executing like that against these defenses.

scottyboy
01-07-2012, 03:45 PM
Benson should have caught that, but Dalton didn't exactly make it easy on him either. We won't be seeing a whole lot of points if these teams keep executing like that against these defenses.

yeah, but Brian Leonard would've caught it

Caulibflower
01-07-2012, 03:47 PM
Genooooooooo!

ATLDirtyBirds
Geno Atkins is such a stud. Should have made Pro Bowl/All Pro over Ngata.

ElectricEye
Jesus, Atkins is an animal isn't he?

GaMeTiMe
01-07-2012, 03:49 PM
yeah, but Brian Leonard would've caught it

I was specifically watching Leonard on that play aswell. Looked like he ran a crisper route to the marker, too.

asdf1223
01-07-2012, 03:50 PM
I wish Mike Mayock did all the playoff games. Instead we get Tony Siragusa,Joe Buck and Phil Simms.

BeerBaron
01-07-2012, 03:51 PM
Both teams seem pretty tense so far. I feel like someone will break a big play soon here.

Ness
Texans cheerleaders look so sexy.

Caulibflower
Mayock's one of my favorites. He's such a film junkie, he's always telling you things that A) you don't know already and B) are thus actually interesting.

Raiderz4Life
I wish Mike Mayock did all the playoff games. Instead we get Tony Siragusa,Joe Buck and Phil Simms.

Mayock is pure sex

Basileus777
01-07-2012, 03:52 PM
I don't know about that flag...

bearsfan_51
01-07-2012, 03:52 PM
How do you interfere on a pass like that? Stupid stupid stupid......

Ness
01-07-2012, 03:53 PM
I hate the pass interference rule. Should only be 15 yards in my opinion.

bearsfan_51
I don't know about that flag...
You can't hook the arm, it's totally obvious.

GaMeTiMe
Shaolin Temple!!!

SuperMcGee

cue BeerBaron post.

I love airing it to AJ. So sexy.

Raiderz4Life
Good to see Shaun Cody found a home in Houston. I always liked him coming out.

Ness
01-07-2012, 03:54 PM
Leonard had that if he didn't fall.

ElectricEye
01-07-2012, 03:54 PM
There's your spank material tonight Scotty.

Caulibflower
01-07-2012, 03:55 PM
BRIAN LEONARD WAS WIDE OPEN!
come on ginger

Happy now?

gpngc
01-07-2012, 03:56 PM

Then I'd do it every time. If he didn't interfere, Green would have had a 50-yard gain.

BradysKnee
01-07-2012, 03:57 PM
Go Bengals!

ATLDirtyBirds
This game isn't getting enough credit. It's highly entertaining with Mayock and Kubiak vs. Zimmer/Gruden vs. Phillips

BradysKnee
Then I'd do it every time. If he didn't interfere, Green would have had a 50-yard gain.

Yes I agree, we'd see pass interference deep almost every time the WR had a step.

Ness
01-07-2012, 03:59 PM

That's what people keep saying. But with the competitive nature of defensive backs, I doubt this would be a huge issue. Defensive backs take a lot of pride in making a play and having to rely on a crutch like that would be detrimental to that pride I would like to think.

MetSox17
What the **** is Jeff Garcia doing in the Houston sideline?

Raiderz4Life
Idk if its a good idea to have 4 QBs talking to Yates.

Philliez01
I'd love to hear the wisdom that Matt Leinart is bestowing onto T.J. Yates.

MetSox17
That's what people keep saying. But with the competitive nature of defensive backs, I doubt this would be a huge issue. Defensive backs take a lot of pride in making a play and having to rely on a crutch like that would be detrimental to that pride I would like to think.

This is a load of ****. I'm surprised you actually believe something this dumb.

ElectricEye
01-07-2012, 04:00 PM
That's not a god damn flag.

Scotty D
Idk if its a good idea to have 4 QBs talking to Yates.

Especially when two of them are Jake Delhomme and Jeff Garcia.

MetSox17
Man, i hate those 'defenseless receiver' calls. They're so weak.

Brodeur
01-07-2012, 04:01 PM
I'd love to hear the wisdom that Matt Leinart is bestowing onto T.J. Yates.

The art of banging Paris Hilton.

ATLDirtyBirds
**** this pussified league.

ElectricEye
Daniels had already looked his way. Didn't make any kind of contact with his helmet either. So dumb.

bearsfan_51
01-07-2012, 04:02 PM
Man, i hate those 'defenseless receiver' calls. They're so weak.
I hate helmets, we should just make them play naked and throw spears at them.

Raiderz4Life
01-07-2012, 04:02 PM
Especially when two of them are Jake Delhomme and Jeff Garcia.

I was thinking more of Matt Leinart...but yea them too.

ElectricEye
01-07-2012, 04:03 PM
I hate helmets, we should just make them play naked and throw spears at them.

People wear helmets on their shoulders now?

DBNYDP
That's ********, this is one of the reasons offenses are dominating these days. There is little risk in going across the middle anymore, at least back in the day you know that your receiver would get take a big hit but now it is just easy to make a play there. It makes it a lot easier for QBs...

Caulibflower

No coach is going to be happy with a 15-yard penalty. The problem is that some of the contact is just not that bad, yet it's officiated like the catch is guaranteed if the contact didn't happen. It bears discussing. You don't want to over-officiate, but I'd be interesting in seeing some kind of conversation about doing something besides awarding a spot foul for relatively minor interference.

Miaoww
Can somebody please explain to me how that's a flag?

What is the DB meant to do?

Smooth Criminal
I'm not against player safety and all, but that was a horribly weak call. In college thats a great play not a penalty.

He didn't use his helmet, he didn't hit his head, shouldn't be a penalty.

Smooth Criminal
01-07-2012, 04:04 PM

Apparently you have to let him start running the ball up the field so at he's no defenseless anymore.

DoughBoy
Death, taxes and Arian Foster fumbling away the ball in every big game he plays in.

its gunna happen, just wait.

ElectricEye

Wait for him to get his balance and get in a position to either make a move or run over them, apparently.

Ness
01-07-2012, 04:05 PM

Yeah players definitely wouldn't get dogged by other players for doing this. Please.

And isn't this the rule that is in effect in college? I don't think it's a huge issue there.

Caulibflower
Also: Does anyone else think Papa John sucks? STOP JERKNG YOUR HEAD WHEN YOU TALK.

bearsfan_51
People wear helmets on their shoulders now?
I'm not talking about the specific call, but there are a lot of cases in which a receiver is actually defenseless.

We could talk about player safety all day long, but the fact is that the NFL had to make some safety concessions once it was determined that a lot of veteran's brains were scrambled like eggs.

If people are that bloodthirsty, get into cockfighting or something.

gpngc
That's my problem with it to. I understand WHY the rule is in place but I just don't know what a defender is supposed to do...

DBNYDP
01-07-2012, 04:06 PM
It's better than Pizza Hut.

Ness
01-07-2012, 04:06 PM
No coach is going to be happy with a 15-yard penalty. The problem is that some of the contact is just not that bad, yet it's officiated like the catch is guaranteed if the contact didn't happen. It bears discussing. You don't want to over-officiate, but I'd be interesting in seeing some kind of conversation about doing something besides awarding a spot foul for relatively minor interference.

Exactly. It's still a 15 yard penalty and a first down. But in huge defensive games, having a 60 yard penalty really changes the outcome of an entire game and is way too much leverage on what is sometimes not even a great judgement call, which is what pass interference is.

Smooth Criminal
01-07-2012, 04:08 PM
I'm not talking about the specific call, but there are a lot of cases in which a receiver is actually defenseless.

We could talk about player safety all day long, but the fact is that the NFL had to make some safety concessions once it was determined that a lot of veteran's brains were scrambled like eggs.

The rules fine, I just think that was a terribly weak call. It's not like this receiver was defenseless he already had the ball and was looking to make a move. He didn't get hit in the head at all.

Caulibflower
01-07-2012, 04:09 PM
the Bengals wish they had Trent Richardson TODAY.

DBNYDP
01-07-2012, 04:10 PM
Or David DeCastro.

Miaoww
01-07-2012, 04:11 PM

Don't punish the DB, punish the QB for selling out their WR/TE.

As it is the defensive player basically has to let the receiver catch the ball and prepare for the hit before approaching him - that's ridiculous.

ElectricEye
01-07-2012, 04:12 PM
The rules fine, I just think that was a terribly weak call. It's not like this receiver was defenseless he already had the ball and was looking to make a move. He didn't get hit in the head at all.

I don't have a problem with the type of hit they're trying to take away...but I do have a problem when safeties aren't allowed to hit over the middle. Daniels had already looked up field. He's fair game at that point and the hit was delivered to his body. It seems they're flagging any hit that looks violent these days.

gpngc
01-07-2012, 04:12 PM
Exactly. It's still a 15 yard penalty and a first down. But in huge defensive games, having a 60 yard penalty really changes the outcome of an entire game and is way too much leverage on what is sometimes not even a great judgement call, which is what pass interference is.

It's not really. There are specific things the officials look for when making the call.

I don't think A.J. Green being held 50 yards downfield on a well-thrown ball, completely inhibiting him from being able to attempt a catch, should be a 15-yard penalty. That's way more unfair then a guy committing a penalty changing the outcome in a big way. Then don't interfere.

niel89
01-07-2012, 04:13 PM
Ryan Whalen sighting!

DBNYDP
01-07-2012, 04:14 PM
It isn't fair to defensive backs or defenses at all considering guys like Gronkowski entering the league, you can't let those guys get any momentum, you need to get them down right after the catch or there is a good chance they are going to punish you. I'm not a sadist but going over the middle should be hard and with the rules the way it is, QBs have it easy.

And personally as a coach I'll always take a 15 yard penalty over letting a guy get a 50 or so yard catch. You give top receivers a step and they will burn you, I wouldn't say it is a guaranteed catch but most of the time that play is made if the receiver really beat the corner like that, in that case a penalty is smart.

Ness
01-07-2012, 04:17 PM
It's not really. There are specific things the officials look for when making the call.

I don't think A.J. Green being held 50 yards downfield on a well-thrown ball, completely inhibiting him from being able to attempt a catch, should be a 15-yard penalty. That's way more unfair then a guy committing a penalty changing the outcome in a big way. Then don't interfere.

You make it sound like officials are right almost all the time, and that isn't true. Regardless, the few times they aren't right could be in the 4th quarter of a playoff game. One guy thinks it's a right call when 30 million may think it's the wrong call, and that one official awards 50 free yards to in this case, the Bengals.

You are getting 15 yards and a first down. How the in the world is that not fair? Especially if the official is wrong. And pass interference is a judgement call, regardless how well officials are trained. They are still judgement calls.

bearsfan_51
01-07-2012, 04:18 PM

As it is the defensive player basically has to let the receiver catch the ball and prepare for the hit before approaching him - that's ridiculous.
*shrug*

Find another sport.

gpngc
01-07-2012, 04:20 PM
You make it sound like officials are right almost all the time, and that isn't true. Regardless, the few times they aren't right could be in the 4th quarter of a playoff game. One guy thinks it's a right call when 30 million may think it's the wrong call, and that one official awards 50 free yards to in this case, the Bengals.

You are getting 15 yards and a first down. How the in the world is that not fair? Especially if the official is wrong. And pass interference is a judgement call, regardless how well officials are trained. They are still judgement calls.

Because the interference did not allow me to get 50 yards and possibly a TD.

And you don't like the rule because it sucks when officials make bad calls and THAT leads to 50-yard penalties that aren't deserved. The goal should be to limit those specific bad calls, not change the rule.

And I disagree. I think NFL officials get defensive pass interference correct a large majority of the time. I think we REMEMBER the bad calls more than the good ones though. And the one we just saw today was the right call.

Caulibflower

I guess I see it more like the receiver beat the defender and is guaranteed at least 15 yards and first down just for that. Beyond that, the defender can let it play out and see if he can recover and defend the pass or risk the completion. But once a defender's beat, there's really no guarantee the receiver catches it, and that's my problem with it. The rule treats the play like the ball is guaranteed be caught at the spot of the foul, and I think that's more wrong than a defender taking a potentially longer play away from a receiver. Receivers drop balls all the time. If the defender thinks he's beat, he's still not going to want to give up 15 yards and a new set of downs. He'd still be trying to recover and defend the pass without getting flagged. Someone mentioned in the rule change thread that DBs were holding and interfering with Calvin Johnson all the time in some Bowl game... but are you really telling me that you think Calvin Johnson's coach was upset about getting bunch of 15-yard, 1st-down penalties in his favor over the course of they game? Of course he'd rather have spot fouls, but that's just because any player or coach wants as much yardage as they can get. But it doesn't mean it's a good rule. It's still hurting the defender's team to get a 15-yard penalty, but these 60-yard PI calls you see for basically hand fighting aren't warranted in my opinion.

Brodeur

Or he could cover him better and deflect the ball.

niel89
01-07-2012, 04:21 PM
I just want confirmation, if the Texans win then they are playing the Ravens next?

Brodeur
01-07-2012, 04:22 PM
I just want confirmation, if the Texans win then they are playing the Ravens next?

Yes, that would be the case.

Complex
01-07-2012, 04:22 PM

Yep (10 char)

ElectricEye
01-07-2012, 04:23 PM
*shrug*

Find another sport.

Oh come on now.

Or he could cover him better and deflect the ball.

That's not really how playing safety works. His job was to get him down. The best way for him to do that in that situation is to deliver that kind of hit. If he gets Owen Daniels time to set his feet, he's giving up 50 pounds, 3 inches, and open field.

Brodeur
01-07-2012, 04:24 PM
Oh come on now.

That's not really how playing safety works. His job was to get him down. The best way for him to do that in that situation is to deliver that kind of hit. If he gets Owen Daniels time to set his feet, he's giving up 50 pounds, 3 inches, and open field.

Sorry, I was thinking about the other PI earlier. I'm not paying all that much attention, and misread the comment.

Ness
01-07-2012, 04:25 PM
Because the interference did not allow me to get 50 yards and possibly a TD.

And you don't like the rule because it sucks when officials make bad calls and THAT leads to 50-yard penalties that aren't deserved. The goal should be to limit those specific bad calls, not change the rule.

And I disagree. I think NFL officials get defensive pass interference correct a large majority of the time. I think we REMEMBER the bad calls more than the good ones though. And the one we just saw today was the right call.

You are only looking at one side the coin. How is that fair you didn't commit pass interference? That's 50 free yards on a mistake you didn't commit.

No I don't like the rule because it gives too much leverage to one side of the ball regardless if it's right or wrong.

And there is only so much that judgment calls can be limited. The game is way too fast for officials to make the right call 100% of the time. And if it's a big game and an official makes a critical mistake like that, I just don't see how it's fair. Since judgment calls can't be improved, a precautionary should be taken place so that the scenario I just talked about doesn't happen. In other words, a rule change.

DBNYDP
01-07-2012, 04:25 PM
I guess it is confusing because there are two different penalties being discussed still, the PI call and the defenseless receiver call.

Not a lot of teams can consistently go deep so giving a 15 yard penalty for a penalty on a play that could change the game and is rare is unfair to the offense IMO.

Miaoww
01-07-2012, 04:27 PM

It's not just S. You see those flags thrown when WRs run through zones and get crushed by the guy defending the zone. You're taught to dislodge the football if possible.

It's the QBs responsibility to not sell his receiver out like that. Or it used to be.

niel89
01-07-2012, 04:28 PM
Yes, that would be the case.

Then...

GO TEXANS! YATES IS THE TRUTH!

Ness
01-07-2012, 04:28 PM
I guess I see it more like the receiver beat the defender and is guaranteed at least 15 yards and first down just for that. Beyond that, the defender can let it play out and see if he can recover and defend the pass or risk the completion. But once a defender's beat, there's really no guarantee the receiver catches it, and that's my problem with it. The rule treats the play like the ball is guaranteed be caught at the spot of the foul, and I think that's more wrong than a defender taking a potentially longer play away from a receiver. Receivers drop balls all the time. If the defender thinks he's beat, he's still not going to want to give up 15 yards and a new set of downs. He'd still be trying to recover and defend the pass without getting flagged. Someone mentioned in the rule change thread that DBs were holding and interfering with Calvin Johnson all the time in some Bowl game... but are you really telling me that you think Calvin Johnson's coach was upset about getting bunch of 15-yard, 1st-down penalties in his favor over the course of they game? Of course he'd rather have spot fouls, but that's just because any player or coach wants as much yardage as they can get. But it doesn't mean it's a good rule. It's still hurting the defender's team to get a 15-yard penalty, but these 60-yard PI calls you see for basically hand fighting aren't warranted in my opinion.
Good points. Well stated. Like I said earlier, I don't think this is a huge travesty in college.

Ness
01-07-2012, 04:30 PM
Not a lot of teams can consistently go deep so giving a 15 yard penalty for a penalty on a play that could change the game and is rare is unfair to the offense IMO.

But you can't just assume a guy is going to catch the ball even if a defender is beat deep. A 60 yard PI penalty is basically saying without a shadow of a doubt the receiver would have caught the pass had he not been interfered with.

gpngc

I don't even feel like arguing about this. Obviously the NFL agrees with me. So agree to disagree with me and the NFL and keep watching the NFL. I'm not even trying to talk about this.

If a guy ******* tackles me because he knows he's beat 50 yards down the field, the fair penalty is 50 yards, not ******* 15.

Caulibflower
I don't even feel like arguing about this. Obviously the NFL agrees with me. So agree to disagree with me and the NFL and keep watching the NFL. I'm not even trying to talk about this.

If a guy ******* tackles me because he knows he's beat 50 yards down the field, the fair penalty is 50 yards, not ******* 15.

Because your catch rating is 99.

gpngc
01-07-2012, 04:31 PM
But you can't just assume a guy is going to catch the ball even if a defender is beat deep. A 60 yard PI penalty is basically saying without a shadow of a doubt the receiver would have caught the pass had he not been interfered with.

Yes you can. It's the NFL. They are ******* professionals... what sport do watch? Receivers catch like 95% of passes when they are open... so yes you can assume it.

bearsfan_51
01-07-2012, 04:31 PM
This game is so boring/meaningless we're forced to argue the semantics of the rulebook.

Smooth Criminal
01-07-2012, 04:32 PM
What an awful challenge good god.

gpngc
This game is so boring/meaningless we're forced to argue the semantics of the rulebook.

lol. The AFC field sucks to me this year.

If ATL and DET were in the AFC...

1 - BAL
2 - NE
3 - DET
4 - ATL
5 - HOU
6 - PIT

Ness
Yes you can. It's the NFL. They are ******* professionals... what sport do watch? Receivers catch like 95% of passes when they are open... so yes you can assume it.

95% isn't the same as 100%. Could have, would have, should have, isn't the same as "did".

Not matter how much you want to "assume", it's still speculation.

Ness
01-07-2012, 04:33 PM

Right, because the NFL is always correct about everything. That's why nothing ever changes.