PDA

View Full Version : Top rookies of the 2011 draft

JBCX
01-05-2012, 07:45 AM
Who were the top rookies, if you had to rank them from #1 to #10?

I think you'd have to put Cam Newton and Von Miller on top, no questions asked. But who would you put directly below them?

Profootballfocus.com put together a really nice list of the top rookies this year:

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/01/05/2011-pff-rookie-of-the-year/

They have Newton and Miller on top as most people would, and Aldon Smith and Tyron Smith directly below them, but then have some interesting names on that list as well, such as CB Richard Sherman and DT Jurrell Casey.

K Train
01-05-2012, 08:24 AM
any list without julio jones is a bad list

dunagan15
01-05-2012, 04:01 PM
Im a Falcons fan, so maybe a little homerism, but I dont see how Julio is not on that list, especially with missing 3-4 games.

DBNYDP
01-05-2012, 04:18 PM
Marcel Dareus. I wanted the Broncos to draft him and while Von Miller has been amazing Dareus has also had a really underlooked season where he played very well. Consider for a fact that Dareus played for a team without much defensive talent especially in the front 3 of a pretty bad front 7. Then add in that not only did he play in a 3-4 where the stats are probably going to be pretty bad, and then look at how he had to play NT instead of DE which is his preferred 3-4 position. Not only did he put up 5.5 sacks which is pretty darn impressive but he got a lot of pressure on the QB which is rare for a 3-4 lineman and also he was probably the only good thing the Bills had in terms of stopping the runs with 43 tackles on the year. I think he was pretty darn impressive and should be ahead of Aldon Smith for talks of DROY who after all was simply just a situational pass rusher.

MetSox17
01-05-2012, 04:19 PM
profootballfocus profootballfocus profootballfocus profootballfocus profootballfocus profootballfocus profootballfocus profootballfocus profootballfocus profootballfocus profootballfocus profootballfocus profootballfocus profootballfocus profootballfocus profootballfocus

Why don't you just do that instead?

Rosebud
01-05-2012, 04:32 PM
profootballfocus profootballfocus profootballfocus profootballfocus profootballfocus profootballfocus profootballfocus profootballfocus profootballfocus profootballfocus profootballfocus profootballfocus profootballfocus profootballfocus profootballfocus profootballfocus

Because that's not what PFF told him to do?

gpngc
01-05-2012, 04:34 PM
PFF is valuable in this case because none of you East Coast bias ************* would know anything about the legend that is Richard Sherman if it weren't for PFF.

So there.

And by the same token, I didn't know Casey had that good of a year either.

TACKLE
01-05-2012, 04:35 PM

Did you know that they watch every play of every game?