PDA

View Full Version : Landon Collins' Mom... SMH

Jimmy
01-06-2012, 09:15 AM
Almost worse than Lebron's decision... So atrociously rude and disrespecful.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1012761-landon-collins-mother-berates-sons-alabama-commitment-on-live-tv

a4drWJwvVKE

mellojello
01-06-2012, 11:18 AM
Gotta a respect a kid who is trying to make the best decision for him. Must be tough not to have the support of him mom. I'm pulling for the kid and hope it works out for him and his family.

FlyingElvis
01-06-2012, 11:35 AM
Where is his mom disrespectful, rude, or even unsupportive?

He's smiling while she's saying what she says. I think it's a bit absurd to read into this at all and cast his mom in a negative light.

If my kid goes to the NFL and plays for the Jets you can be damn sure I'll be sitting next to him with a Pats cap on saying the "Pats are no.1. Go Pats!"

Smooth Criminal
01-06-2012, 12:03 PM
I think that's an opinion she Gould have kept to herself but it no where near as big of a deal as what people are making it out to be. My parents would definitely have my back an support my decision publicly even of they didn't agree with it.

FlyingElvis
01-06-2012, 12:38 PM
I think that's an opinion she Gould have kept to herself but it no where near as big of a deal as what people are making it out to be. My parents would definitely have my back an support my decision publicly even of they didn't agree with it.

I agree. Had she first said "Well, I support him BUT . . . " this wouldn't be a story.

My gut feeling based on how the interviewer leads into asking her about it is that there was a discussion prior to the live portion and she was expected to discuss her desire for her son to be a Tiger.

Either way, the headlines and spin saying she berates, humiliates, and scolds her son are just preposterous. That Bleacher Report article is just shameful in it's representation of what didn't happen. The douchenozzle that wrote it should be slapped around a bit.

SilentJaguar
01-06-2012, 01:11 PM
It's the Bleacher Report... Who the hell takes them seriously?

MassNole
01-06-2012, 01:17 PM
I think she was out of line, that was her baby's big moment and she made it about her wanton desire for him to stay closer to home.

JoeJoeBrown
01-06-2012, 02:15 PM
It wasn't a big deal.

BTW, she's got a pretty face but I withhold further judgement until I see the rest of her body before I call her milftastic.

ElectricEye
01-06-2012, 02:54 PM
I really don't see what the big deal is here. It was funny...and clearly tongue in cheek.

bearsfan_51
01-06-2012, 03:29 PM
I don't think it was tongue-in-cheek at all. Even still, she didn't need to steal his moment like that. I think he was laughing because of how extremely awkward it was.

brat316
01-06-2012, 04:25 PM
Can I holla at yo mom, yO?

No story here, bleacher report is trash, lets keeping moving.

Giantsfan1080
01-06-2012, 04:52 PM
I think there was more that happened after that video. I believe she hit him with one of the gloves or something like that.

Ngatachance92
01-06-2012, 05:17 PM
Well he did put SMH in the thread title, if he would have put SMDH it would be serious business.

sbh15
01-06-2012, 10:39 PM
this is actually not all that surprising. if you follow recruiting, you know how big of a deal it can be getting a kid to go somewhere that mom doesn't want. this just seems like she really wanted him to stay close at lsu and she was upset her kid wasn't staying close to home. saying go tigers and tigers are number one was a bit over the top, though

holt_bruce81
01-07-2012, 09:27 AM
I think she just did it to get her 15 minutes of fame.

Doesn't he live with his dad? I can see why.

saintsfan912
01-07-2012, 12:53 PM
If the kid didn't live 15 minutes from Baton Rouge it wouldn't be a big deal. Sucks that his girlfriend made this decision for him. Oh well, you win some you lose some. His mom has every right to do what she did, nobody wants their kid to play for Saban.

JRTPlaya21
01-07-2012, 01:19 PM
Yup his gf really made his decision for him..... I guess when Saban was at LSU nobody wanted to play for him there either........

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/recruiting/football/story/_/id/7423220/landon-collins-leads-parade-recruits-announce-armour-all-america-game

saintsfan912
01-07-2012, 04:18 PM
So you believe every word that comes out of people's mouths? Pretty sure I'd say that too if I lived that close to Baton Rouge and picked Bama. The decision was made the day his girlfriend decided to go to bama, which is pretty ridiculous if you ask me. It could all change Monday night though when LSU wins another title.

sbh15
01-07-2012, 04:41 PM
suggesting that his girlfriend was the reason is not farfetched at all. you would be surprised how much influence mothers and girlfriends have on these kids. i'm pretty sure that matt patchan picked the gators over the canes because of his girlfriend

Ngatachance92
01-07-2012, 04:42 PM
He made that decision to make sure she's not ******* other dudes, too bad he's an athlete with most of his time taken up by the program so she'll still be ******* other dudes.

Ravens1991
01-07-2012, 05:13 PM
So you believe every word that comes out of people's mouths? Pretty sure I'd say that too if I lived that close to Baton Rouge and picked Bama. The decision was made the day his girlfriend decided to go to bama, which is pretty ridiculous if you ask me. It could all change Monday night though when LSU wins another title.

He probably told the GF before hey im going to Alabama so she decided to follow him.

Complex
01-07-2012, 05:18 PM
He probably told the GF before hey im going to Alabama so she decided to follow him.

She got a scholarship from Bama.

He made that decision to make sure she's not ******* other dudes, too bad he's an athlete with most of his time taken up by the program so she'll still be ******* other dudes.

A scholarship for sports and medical.

Ngatachance92
01-07-2012, 05:49 PM
Ahhh... Even more time for her to **** other dudes.

Brent
01-07-2012, 08:37 PM
he'll be ******* other girls, so what's the point?

Ngatachance92
01-07-2012, 08:41 PM
Very true...

descendency
01-07-2012, 08:44 PM
He should have come to NC State. We'd have made him an elite safety.

stl705
01-09-2012, 01:04 PM
I thought this was hilarious... and comon why bash the kids mom, its not like she's saying "hell no you're not, you're going to LSU". She says she thinks the best place for her son is LSU. Why hate on her because she wants what she thinks is best.

I'll admit, I did not agree with my mom all the time and plenty of times went my own way. But if she is that deadset, there must be a reason why she thinks LSU is a better fit. Besides, this kid likely chose Alabama because he got more honeys/ a little extra cash from a booster during the recruiting trip.

Can you honestly choose between the two schools? They're the same exact program in two different states. Both have great head coaches with obvious ties to the NFL. I would bet both depth charts are practically the same. It's not like he's going to Alabama because of the education, because then his mom would have no problem i'd bet.

He only has a verbal with them, and when it's all said and done, he will most likely listen to momma and go home to LSU. (keep in mind I am neither fan so I'm unbiased).

stl705
01-09-2012, 01:10 PM
I thought this was hilarious... and comon why bash the kids mom, you its not like she's saying "hell no you're not, you're going to LSU". She says she thinks the best place for her son is LSU. Why hate on her because she wants what she thinks is best.

I'll admit, I did not agree with my mom all the time and plenty of times went my own way. But if she is that deadset, there must be a reason why she thinks LSU is a better fit. Besides, this kid likely chose Alabama because he got more honeys/ a little extra cash from a booster during the recruiting trip.

Can you honestly choose between the two schools? They're the same exact program in two different states. Both have great head coaches with obvious ties to the NFL. I would bet both depth charts are practically the same. It's not like he's going to Alabama because of the education, because then his mom would have no problem i'd bet.

He only has a verbal with them, and when it's all said and done, he will most likely listen to momma and go home to LSU. (keep in mind I am neither fan so I'm unbiased).

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
01-09-2012, 04:42 PM
Where is his mom disrespectful, rude, or even unsupportive?

He's smiling while she's saying what she says. I think it's a bit absurd to read into this at all and cast his mom in a negative light.

If my kid goes to the NFL and plays for the Jets you can be damn sure I'll be sitting next to him with a Pats cap on saying the "Pats are no.1. Go Pats!"

Good to know you will be cheering for the people actively trying to hurt your son.

JRTPlaya21
01-09-2012, 11:28 PM

You were saying?? Considering Les let's Craig Loston rot on the bench I'd say Landon made a smart choice.

FlyingElvis
01-10-2012, 09:59 AM
Good to know you will be cheering for the people actively trying to hurt your son.

Technically, twice a year he wouldn't be.

Shere Khan
01-15-2012, 09:28 AM
How was that rude and disrespectful?

I was watching that clip halfway expecting her to interject and start screaming, "Geaux Tigers"!

She clearly wasn't thrilled with his decision, but she wasn't going to say anything until he started to press her, and her explanation seemed to me that she was looking out for the best interest of her son, whilst tacking on a "Go LSU" remark.

Nothing to see here, moving on....