Dick Stanfel OG

The Official Link:

http://www.profootballhof.com/enshrinement/2012/1/7/class-of-2012-finalists/

vidae
01-07-2012, 12:54 PM
Roaf and Shields!

Ness
01-07-2012, 01:16 PM
Haley and DeBarotlo are still in the mix. Oh yeah.

Raiderz4Life
01-07-2012, 01:18 PM
Timmy Brown!!!

phlysac
01-07-2012, 01:50 PM
I would have a hard time arguing against any single one of those listed.

Ness
01-07-2012, 01:53 PM
Like I said a couple of months ago, this year's class could be really interesting because there isn't necessarily a slam dunk guy going in there. Peter King brought this point up and I kind of agree. I really hope either Haley or DeBartolo gets in. And I also hope Cris Carter finally gets in. It's about time. He's waited long enough.

boknows34
01-07-2012, 03:00 PM
They better put a WR in this year because the next few years gets very, very tough. Whatever 10 names don't get elected (and its almost certain the max of 5 modern era will get the vote) may have to wait a few more years when you see the list of slam dunk first-year eligibles in 2013-16.

nepg
01-07-2012, 03:08 PM
Yeah, Aeneas Williams is the only guy who I'm "eehhhh" about on that list. And he was ******* good for a long time.

Honestly, I'd want Roaf, Shields, Dawson, Greene, and Doleman to get in out of that group of candidates. Yeah...linemen and pass rushers... Sue me. That's possibly the Best G, Best T, and Best C of all-time along with the #3 and #4 pass rushers of all-time.

Splat
01-07-2012, 03:14 PM
I want both Shields and Roaf to go in the same year, but I having a feeling one of them will be left out.

Complex
01-07-2012, 03:18 PM
I wanted Cris Carter to make it but now he annoys the **** out of me on ESPN so let him suffer more.

boknows34
01-07-2012, 03:19 PM
I want both Shields and Roaf to go in the same year, but I having a feeling one of them will be left out.

I think Roaf and Dawson make it this year while Shields will have to contend with Ogden and Larry Allen next year, both of whom I consider 1st ballot locks. My guess is Shields will have a better chance of being elected in 2014. Orlando Pace and Walter Jones will be on the ballot in 2015.

DBNYDP
01-07-2012, 03:41 PM
Maybe Terrell Davis shouldn't make it to the HoF but he should definitely be a finalist...

WCH
01-07-2012, 03:58 PM
Kevin Greene far surpassed what pass-rushing OLBers typically have to do to get into the HoF.

Doleman is a different case, because he's being compared to DEs. Reggie White and Bruce Smith are light-years beyond what anybody else has reached from that position (They're both about 25 sacks beyond Deacon Jones's unofficial total of 173.5, during the 14 game era), so voters are inclined to downgrade DEs who don't live up to that insane standard. Nevertheless, they let Richard Dent in last year and I would put Dent and Doleman in the same tier.

niel89
01-07-2012, 04:25 PM
I still hate that Bettis and Martin are gonna make it eventually. Great players but not HoF elite.

FUNBUNCHER
01-07-2012, 09:11 PM
Parcells is a lock.
How many times can you snub Cris Carter??
Roaf probably goes in this time.

Kevin Greene should be automatic but I doubt it.
Maybe either Bettis or Martin gets in.

The rest are crap shoots.

boknows34
02-04-2012, 02:22 PM
*bumpity bump*

Announced LIVE on NFL Network at 5.30pm EST

latest 'buzz' on the election from Peter King SI

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/peter_king/02/03/super.bowl.xlvi.preview/index.html

Ten Hall of Fame thoughts on the eve of the vote for the Class of 2012, which is scheduled for 9 a.m. Saturday in downtown Indianapolis:

1. Momentum building for Eddie DeBartolo, who has had some heavy-hitters, including former Niner exec Carmen Policy, campaigning hard for him. It'll be interesting to see if being the most beloved owner by his players carries a lot of weight. DeBartolo didn't do as much for the league as a whole as a Bob Kraft, Art Modell or Dan Rooney, but he did run a great team for a long time.

2. Bill Parcells probably should be a favorite to make it (10th all-time in wins, two Super Bowl wins, took four franchises to the playoffs), but you never know how much momentum new guys will have in the room among the 44 voters. Some of the voters aren't fond of the prickly Parcells, but he does have more wins than the four coaches - Marv Levy, George Allen, John Madden and Hank Stram - who've been enshrined since 2000, and none of them have more Super Bowl rings than Parcells.

3. Maybe I'm naive, but I think this is the year the wide receiver logjam gets broken. I see Andre Reed getting in, though I believe Cris Carter is more deserving.

4. No locks in an off year for the Hall, but Steelers center Dermontti Dawson looks like the leader in the clubhouse to me.

5. Next man up, after Dawson? Charles Haley looks like he could be this year's Richard Dent - the guy who was close for a long time and finally got in, in part because voters are trying to make sure they don't perpetuate the mistake of the past by electing far more offensive players than defensive.

6. Next: Willie Roaf, Curtis Martin (who seems to have more momentum than Jerome Bettis). After that, it?s totally jumbled. Parcells would be my best guess.

7. I still think Cortez Kennedy and Kevin Greene, who've been lost in the shuffle over the years, are very strong candidates and would be deserving selections.

8. Interesting class of 2013 candidates could make this a must year for some of the bubble candidates. Michael Strahan, Jonathan Ogden and Warren Sapp come up for election next year.

9. I could see the five modern-era slots yield fewer than five Hall of Famers. The way the voting works is each of the five finalists is voted on in secret ballot by the 44 Hall selectors. If 80 percent of the voters say yes for a candidate, he's in. Less than 80, he?s out. So nine 'no' votes on a finalist scuttles him.

10. I expect a long meeting. Seven hours, maybe. NFL Network airs the results live at 5:30 p.m., and you'll know when I do. We walk out of the room not knowing which of the five modern-era finalists and two Seniors candidates make it.

Prediction:

Dawson
Roaf
Martin
Reed
Kennedy
* Stanfel
* Butler

* - seniors nominee

bearsfan_51
02-04-2012, 02:45 PM
http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48274&highlight=hall+of+fame

This was from a while back (August) but at the time I picked

Roaf
Dawson
Doleman
Martin
Kennedy

I'm sure I'll be wrong (Bill Parcells as a first ballot is a joke), but I'll stick with my picks for now.

Brodeur
02-04-2012, 03:34 PM

Roaf
Dawson
Doleman
Martin
Kennedy

I'm sure I'll be wrong (Bill Parcells as a first ballot is a joke), but I'll stick with my picks for now.

Curtis Martin getting in before Cris Carter is a much much bigger joke.

T-RICH49
02-04-2012, 03:46 PM
let's go Willie Roaf AND Will Shields

Ness
02-04-2012, 04:48 PM
Funny how all the writers have their steak and eggs and eating this nice breakfast while the ballot is right next to the plate in the voting room. Maybe that is what Carter is always getting shafting. Everyone keep spilling coffee on the ballot.

Ness
02-04-2012, 04:52 PM
Damnit. Eddie DeBartolo didn't make it.

At least Haley and Carter are still in the mix.

T-RICH49
02-04-2012, 04:54 PM
Will Shields got screwed 14 consecutive Pro Bowls can't get you into final 10?JOKE

boknows34
02-04-2012, 04:55 PM
Jerome Bettis, Tim Brown, Eddie DeBartalo, Kevin Greene and Will Shields have missed the cut from 15 to 10.

Ness
02-04-2012, 04:57 PM
Reed and Carter are still in the top ten. Peter King may have been right. The logjam at receiver this year is finally starting to break up a little. Although Tim Brown has to wait another year.

boknows34
02-04-2012, 04:59 PM
Will Shields got screwed 14 consecutive Pro Bowls can't get you into final 10?JOKE

Shields will make it to Canton but Dawson and Roaf are just as deserving and have been on the ballot longer. Randall McDaniel was elected on his 3rd attempt. There was no way all 3 Offensive linemen were going to be elected in a max class of 5 modern era candidates.

boknows34
02-04-2012, 05:02 PM
No wide receivers again.

Dawson, Doleman, Kennedy, Martin and Roaf are the Last 5.

T-RICH49
02-04-2012, 05:04 PM
can we have former players vote on the HOF.these "sportswriters" have no clue what a HOF'er looks like

boknows34
02-04-2012, 05:06 PM
Dawson, Doleman, Kennedy, Martin, Roaf and Butler is the Class of 2012.

Stanfel got snubbed.

Jughead10
How'd Martin get in before Parcells. He was a compiler and only ever played on good teams because of Parcells.

boknows34
can we have former players vote on the HOF.these "sportswriters" have no clue what a HOF'er looks like

Who shouldn't be there then? They can only put a max of 5 modern era each year.

T-RICH49
and Parcells did'nt make it either?who gave these clowns the right to decide who's a HOF'er and who is'nt?

Crazy_Chris
02-04-2012, 05:10 PM
I'm very surprised that they didn't put any of the WRs in this year.

As from that i did very well with my prediction from a few months ago.

Eh there may be no real slam dunk guys, but I think it's pretty predictable who will get in...

Andre Reed - Reed made it further than Carter/Brown two years in a row so he seems to be the next WR in line for enshrinement.

Willie Roaf- I personally don't see how he doesn't make it in this year. Probably the biggest lock for me

Cortez Kennedy- He's been gaining momentum the past few years, and this is the perfect oppurtunity to push him through.

Dermontti Dawson- He's been waiting a little while, this is the year to push him through. Especially considering all the worthy O-linemen that are becoming eligible over these next few years.

Those 4 I am very confident will make it, but the last spot is kind of interesting. I am pretty sure for the sake of balance it will be a definsive player, either Charles Haley or Chris Doleman(He is my choice).]

http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2751506&#post2751506

TACKLE
02-04-2012, 05:11 PM

Roaf
Dawson
Doleman
Martin
Kennedy

Kudos to you sir. You nailed it.

boknows34
02-04-2012, 05:13 PM
Only thing I'm disappointed with is Curtis Martin over any of the 3 wide receivers. The WR logjam is getting ugly and 2012 should have been the year to start clearing it up. Marvin Harrison joins the ballot in 2014 and next year has some very strong 1st time eligibles in Jon Ogden, Larry Allen, Michael Strahan and Warren Sapp.

Jughead10
02-04-2012, 05:15 PM
Only thing I'm disappointed with is Curtis Martin over any of the 3 wide receivers. The WR logjam is getting ugly and 2012 should have been the year to start clearing it up. Marvin Harrison joins the ballot in 2014 and next year has some very strong 1st time eligibles in Jon Ogden, Larry Allen, Michael Strahan and Warren Sapp.

Wow. I think all 5 of those guys could get in on first ballot.

Complex
02-04-2012, 05:18 PM
Marvin Harrison is not getting in. The NFL writers don't want a gang enforcer in the HOF.

Jughead10
02-04-2012, 05:19 PM
Marvin Harrison is not getting in. The NFL writers don't want a gang enforcer in the HOF.

Yeah I take that back. I thought 5 were listed after Harrison. But Allen, Ogden, Strahan, and Sapp could be.

Brodeur
02-04-2012, 05:19 PM

They already have one murderer in the HOF, what's another?

Jughead10
02-04-2012, 05:20 PM
They already have one murderer in the HOF, what's another?

Ray Lewis is still playing too.

prock
02-04-2012, 05:26 PM
How the **** does Curtis ******* Martin get in over Cris Carter? God damn. Where is the justice?

boknows34
02-04-2012, 05:27 PM
Wow. I think all 5 of those guys could get in on first ballot.

Next year is brutal for those who didn't make it today. Morten Andersen also joins the ballot. You could take the 10 finalists that didn't make it today with Ogden, Sapp, Allen, Strahan and Andersen as your 15 modern era finalists for 2013.

Brodeur
02-04-2012, 05:27 PM
Curtis Martin doesn't even ******* belong in the hall of fame, Jesus. Outside of one or two years, I can't think of one time where I'd say "This guy is one of the best RBs in the NFL." Come on.

nobodyinparticular
02-04-2012, 05:30 PM
Curtis Martin doesn't even ******* belong in the hall of fame, Jesus. Outside of one or two years, I can't think of one time where I'd say "This guy is one of the best RBs in the NFL." Come on.

Carter and Brown definitely deserved it over Martin this year. This makes me very angry.

DraftSavant
02-04-2012, 05:33 PM
Curtis Martin? -___-

Also, the WR people need to really be bitching about not being in the HoF is Cliff ******* Branch. **** Tim Brown. And **** the HoF voters for selecting Biletnikoff over Branch in the 1st place.

**** Cris Carter, too (possession WR fuckwad, that's what he is). And Marvin Harrison, who should never ever be in the HoF based on how much of a postseason ***** he was.

nobodyinparticular
02-04-2012, 05:35 PM
Curtis Martin? -___-

Also, the WR people need to really be bitching about not being in the HoF is Cliff ******* Branch. **** Tim Brown. And **** the HoF voters for selecting Biletnikoff over Branch in the 1st place (and Lynn Swann for that matter).

**** Cris Carter, too (possession WR fuckwad, that's what he is).

Branch would be a senior candidate though. Martin didn't take his place.

DraftSavant
02-04-2012, 05:38 PM
Branch isn't considered modern-era? He retired in 85.