PDA

View Full Version : Giants vs Packers - Divisional Round Playoffs

BloodBrother
01-08-2012, 03:15 PM
So Giants it is

Last time the Packers played the G-men they were without both starting ILBers as well as Clifton/Sitton on the OL. Starks and Woodson and I believe Pickett went out with injuries during the game to

Should have everybody back at full force. All I know is that the Pack need to keep Walden's ass on the bench. He's been atrocious the last few weeks and ALWAYS loses contain on the edge

want to see So'oto, Lattimore, Jones getting those reps. Bishop/Pickett will be huge as they are the Packers best guys up front vs the run

Current forecast for Sunday, Jan 15:

Day:
Few Snow Showers High 21F
Precip 30%

Wind: From WSW at 8 mph
Humidity: 62%
UV Index: 1 Low
Sunrise: 7:26 AM CT
Avg. High: 24F
Record High: 45F (1949)

Night
Partly Cloudy Overnight Low 18F

Precip 0%

Wind: From S at 5 mph
Humidity: 60%

Sunset: 4:37 PM CT
Avg. Low: 9F
Record Low: -28F (1972)

Give Cliffy/Newhouse some damn help on the left side vs JPP if he's doing some damage

J-Mike88
01-08-2012, 03:23 PM
I think we should beat everyone we play, but I have to admit, these guys were the LAST ones I wanted to face in our first game.

Their DL is healthy as ever..... they are beasts. We won't be able to run, and they are going to pin their ears back from Pierre-Paul to Umenyiora to Tuck, and blitzes from Boley..... this is a much better defense than we faced in week 13, and it's a helluva lot better than the Chiefs defense that held us to 14, and the Rams who held us to 24.

The duo of Hakeem Nicks and Victor Cruz is as good as Jennings and Jordy.
Manningham is confident now..... Ahmad Bradshaw is the type of RB who can hurt us as a runner and a receiver.

Remember LeGarrette Blount running over us? Jacobs is capable of that too.

This is a game we can lose because our defense couldn't stop them in NY when we needed to, even allowing the 2-point PAT to tie it late.

I suspect we will be favored by about 6.5 but I will sacrifice myself with buying some heartbreak insurance and bet on the Giants plus the points.

SuperPacker
01-08-2012, 03:26 PM
What time is the game?

BloodBrother
01-08-2012, 03:36 PM
4:30 EST next Sunday

SuperPacker
01-08-2012, 03:39 PM
Thats the same time as the Broncos/Steelers game is it?

Babylon
01-08-2012, 03:41 PM
So Giants it is

Last time the Packers played the G-men they were without both starting ILBers as well as Clifton/Sitton on the OL. Starks and Woodson and I believe Pickett went out with injuries during the game to

Should have everybody back at full force. All I know is that the Pack need to keep Walden's ass on the bench. He's been atrocious the last few weeks and ALWAYS loses contain on the edge

want to see So'oto, Lattimore, Jones getting those reps. Bishop/Pickett will be huge as they are the Packers best guys up front vs the run

Current forecast for Sunday, Jan 15:

Day:
Few Snow Showers High 21F
Precip 30%

Wind: From WSW at 8 mph
Humidity: 62%
UV Index: 1 Low
Sunrise: 7:26 AM CT
Avg. High: 24F
Record High: 45F (1949)

Night
Partly Cloudy Overnight Low 18F

Precip 0%

Wind: From S at 5 mph
Humidity: 60%

Sunset: 4:37 PM CT
Avg. Low: 9F
Record Low: -28F (1972)

Give Cliffy/Newhouse some damn help on the left side vs JPP if he's doing some damage

What did you do get out the Doppler Radar for that weather forecast?

Too easy to say the Giants will come in and upset the Packers after their march to the playoffs a few years back. I like Green Bay at home, rather comfortably.

J-Mike88
01-08-2012, 05:36 PM
I like Green Bay at home, rather comfortably.
Why do you say that?

In week 13, these teams were dead even. Both teams made great plays on offense to keep it close.

They didn't have Osi then.
We didn't have Clifton then.

Their DL is better than ours.
LBers are a wash, although we have Clay on one side, slight edge us.

Their DL is way better than ours.
Their running game is better.

The WR's are great on both sides. Their 1-2-3 is as good as ours, maybe better, but we're deeper when you include Finley. It's pretty even there.

Both QB's are great, and are clutch.

I see it as a tossup. They're both confident as hell, expect to play well and win.

If each team plays their best, I see about 34-27 Packers.

http://packersinsider.com/?p=3964

SuperPacker
01-08-2012, 05:51 PM
The only thing is we were on the road last time against them. Home field advantage will be a huge plus! And we wil have Bishop and Hawk back.

BloodBrother
01-08-2012, 06:22 PM
on the road without Clifton/Sitton and both starting ILBers

very different scenario here. Doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things IMO. Pack lost to ATL last year by 3 and then whooped them in the playoffs

last match-up is irrelevant when it comes to next week IMO

BloodBrother
01-08-2012, 06:30 PM
Well not totally irrelevant, but still...

TimmG6376
01-08-2012, 07:21 PM
The only thing is we were on the road last time against them. Home field advantage will be a huge plus! And we wil have Bishop and Hawk back.

Not necessary a plus on our side.

J-Mike88
01-08-2012, 08:14 PM
If anyone remembers the 08 title game, Clifton and Tauscher actually did a GREAT job on their two DE's, Osi & Strahan, in pass protection at least.

Not a single OL actually executed a run block that day, but the pass-protection was great. If Arod gets that same pass protection, he will slice & dice the Giants up like a plastic surgeon in Hollywood.

I've had my heart broken so many times (thanks to that phucker #4) that I am naturally cautious/pessimistic.... but still, this IMO is the hardest matchup we will see in the whole playoffs, Super Bowl included.

Throw out the records and statistics and just look at the players.

We need a big game from Clay. It would be nice for Mike Neal to show SOMETHING to justify why Teddy picked him and let Cullen leave in his confidence.

Also need Clifton & Bulaga to hold up healthy on the edges.

BigBlueNorwegian
01-08-2012, 08:14 PM
Hey guys, just checking in here as a Giants-fan. Going to be a great game next sunday! I have tons of respect for your team obviously, and I think it's going to be a good game next week. Whoever wins next week is the team I'm rooting for in the NFC Championship game, so I'm hoping for a clean game without injuries.

Probably going to be the end of the line for the Giants next week, but I'm at least hoping for a close game next week. Good luck to you guys!

RockJock07
01-08-2012, 09:05 PM
If anyone remembers the 08 title game, Clifton and Tauscher actually did a GREAT job on their two DE's, Osi & Strahan, in pass protection at least.

Not a single OL actually executed a run block that day, but the pass-protection was great. If Arod gets that same pass protection, he will slice & dice the Giants up like a plastic surgeon in Hollywood.

I've had my heart broken so many times (thanks to that phucker #4) that I am naturally cautious/pessimistic.... but still, this IMO is the hardest matchup we will see in the whole playoffs, Super Bowl included.

Throw out the records and statistics and just look at the players.

We need a big game from Clay. It would be nice for Mike Neal to show SOMETHING to justify why Teddy picked him and let Cullen leave in his confidence.

Also need Clifton & Bulaga to hold up healthy on the edges.

I just remember Favre's pass and Burress abusing Al Harris all game long. Honestly I think this is going to be a great game and I frankly don't know who will win.

To me it comes down to if the Packers can force turnovers and give the ball back to Aaron to pile up points. Like the KC game they didn't force one, KC kept the ball out of Aaron's hands and the Packers ran out of time.

Eli has been know to make some bad throws but not this year, he's been damn good.

I'm excited but nervous and I'm hopeful Capers dials up the pressure to get some QB hits. Mike Neal, we need you man, you've been a ghost, now is your time. Walden blows, hopefully Jones/Lattimore can do something opposite Clay.

CheeseKnuckles
01-08-2012, 09:50 PM
Manning throws INTS when he is pressured... to bad we can't get any pressure on QBs this year.

PackerLegend
01-08-2012, 10:17 PM
Greg Jennings twitter:

"The team that kept us from our potential Super Bowl in 08 is back on OUR turf now.Trust me,we haven't forgotten.Here.We...GoPackGo!"

Thats right dont forget that ****.. its time for payback.

BloodBrother
01-09-2012, 01:46 AM
Yeah I'm sure that will be a point of emphasis throughout the week by McCarthy to his players.

I get a kick out of the media mentioning the Giants winning the NFCCG a few years ago in Lambeau like it means anything at all for this year

J-Mike88
01-09-2012, 08:04 AM
I get a kick out of the media mentioning the Giants winning the NFCCG a few years ago in Lambeau like it means anything at all for this year
Right, the game 4 years ago means nothing next week, and the game 6 weeks ago means nothing this week.

It's clean slate.

We were favored both of those times, as we are this week.
Point spreads don't matter.

BloodBrother
01-09-2012, 10:26 AM
"We're going to win.100% we're going to win...because we're the best." A quote from Giants DE Jason Pierre-Paul to the Newark Star Ledger

I'd expect him to say nothing less, but there you go Pack. Some extra fuel(not like it's needed but hey it's something)

SuperPacker
01-09-2012, 10:30 AM
Right, the game 4 years ago means nothing next week, and the game 6 weeks ago means nothing this week.

It's clean slate.

We were favored both of those times, as we are this week.
Point spreads don't matter.

I dont know if you're being sarcastic or not but the game from 4 years ago really has nothing to do with this game. That was a completely different team.

PackerLegend
01-09-2012, 12:32 PM
I'd expect him to say nothing less, but there you go Pack. Some extra fuel(not like it's needed but hey it's something)

Wow. Now I really really hope we win on top of how much I already wanted. Hate when guys talk. Hope we stay quite and just handle our business on the field.

J-Mike88
01-09-2012, 01:42 PM
I dont know if you're being sarcastic or not but the game from 4 years ago really has nothing to do with this game. That was a completely different team.
Nothing sarcastic there.... the game 6 weeks ago makes no difference on Sunday, and the game 4 years ago makes no difference on Sunday.

The W-L records don't matter either. Neither does the point spread.
Neither does the fact that we killed these guys last year in week 16, which the media is forgetting to mention.

As I recall, that game was close until midway in the 2nd quarter when Woodson and Nick Collins made a phenomenal play to strip Jacobs on a long run, near the sideline, and Collins swatted it back into play, recovered by Bishop I believe.

We made a bunch of great plays to blow that game open.

But that means nothing Sunday.

Assessing each team right now, I find this to be a very good matchup, and I believe the Giants, not the Saints or Niners, matchup the best against us.

If we win this game, IMO, we are going to repeat, and become the first team ever to 3-peat in the NFL Super Bowl.

But the Giants do scare me. I do not want a close game. If it's close, I will need a defibulator nearbye me.

J-Mike88
01-11-2012, 01:15 PM
The rushing game will be important Sunday.
They have Jacobs & Bradshaw, who have hurt us before in the playoffs and who both had great games vs Atlanta last week.

Warren Moon says the Packers must boast a rushing attack, must keep teams honest. This has been a pass-first, pass-often offense all year but Moon believes the team that can run the ball in the NFC will have the edge.

A year ago, James Starks became a threat in January. He ran for 315 yards in four playoff games, giving Green Bay sudden balance. Moon remembers seeing linebackers creeping toward the line of scrimmage, opening up big plays for Rodgers in play action.

To repeat, he said that's the key.

“You don’t want to become too one-dimensional in the playoffs because you’re playing some excellent teams every week,” Moon said. “I feel like they’ll have to run enough to keep teams honest. Otherwise, you can be schemed and teams will try to take away what you do if they don’t have any respect for the run."

McCarthy is smart and he knows this.
What I hope though is that the early runs have some good success. Sure one of those Ryan Grant long-hitters early would be great, but just having some 5, 6, 8 yard runs early would bring the LBers in a bit, the safety in, and make things easier for Finley to find space, as well as the WRs.

If they stuff our run early, and MM abandons the run early, it will make it easier for their DL to get to Rodgers, and easier for the cover guys to clog things up, as the Chiefs did.

Even Rodgers, when pressured often & early, can't always hit guys who aren't open yet.

BloodBrother
01-11-2012, 01:59 PM
Get Saine involved more in the screen game as well.

TimmG6376
01-11-2012, 02:16 PM
Get Saine involved more in the screen game as well.

Yeah, pulling linemen need to execute their blocks on those. There have been a few screens that were setup for big gains and the lead blockers whiffed.

J-Mike88
01-12-2012, 05:56 AM
Yeah, pulling linemen need to execute their blocks on those. There have been a few screens that were setup for big gains and the lead blockers whiffed.
EXACTLY!
I actually last week was so pissed on that one screen to Saine, that I rewound, replayed, and paused the sequence to show that it was set up PERFECTLY, we had 2 guys, Sitton and Wells out front, with just one D guy within 10 yards.... and the first blocker Sitton WHIFFED and the LB made a hard surprise tackle on Saine. Almost hurt his knee.

Saine assumed the guy would be walled off, but the bast*rd Sitton just rolled low instead of getting his hands on the guy and blocking. I hope Sitton got his @ss handed to him in the film room for that one. His whiff cost us a huge play.

BloodBrother
01-13-2012, 02:28 PM
Here’s the official injury report:

Bryan Bulaga, T Knee Full Participation Probable

Chad Clifton, T Hamstring/Back Did Not Participate Probable

Randall Cobb, WR Groin Limited Participation Probable

Evan Dietrich-Smith, G, Illness Did Not Participate Probable

Robert Francois, LB Hamstring Did Not Participate Doubtful

Greg Jennings, WR Knee Full Participation Probable

James Starks, RB Ankle Full Participation Probable

Everyone is good 2 go. All hands on deck.

TimmG6376
01-13-2012, 03:12 PM
Getting Clifton and Bulaga back manning the edges is going to be huge IMO.

If the Giants are going to stick with this 2-Man (2-deep, man-under) coverage I've been reading about, Finley should be able to do some work in the middle of the field.

BloodBrother
01-13-2012, 03:59 PM
Yeah I'm thinking Finley has a big game

J-Mike88
01-13-2012, 04:29 PM
Getting Clifton and Bulaga back manning the edges is going to be huge IMO.

If the Giants are going to stick with this 2-Man (2-deep, man-under) coverage I've been reading about, Finley should be able to do some work in the middle of the field.
Love J-Mike, and I agree he's probably gonna have a big game Sunday.
But he hasn't really hit the deep seemers this year like he did before.

Not sure if they're being defended better, getting away with more clutch & grabbing, or if he's lost a half-step or something, but I miss seeing him get deep in the middle.

I do like when McCarthy gets a Jennings or Cobb matched up in the slot on a slow safety though, and opens the defense up wide.

I can see us winning a close game, us getting upset close, or I can see us blowing these guys out, playing pissed, mean, aggressive on defense, and Rodgers performing a lobotomy on their defense.

I can see Grant having a good game, or Brandon Saine, strong like bull and running fearless, having a surprising game. He's a low bowling ball.

SuperPacker
01-13-2012, 04:33 PM
Love J-Mike, and I agree he's probably gonna have a big game Sunday.
But he hasn't really hit the deep seemers this year like he did before.

Not sure if they're being defended better, getting away with more clutch & grabbing, or if he's lost a half-step or something, but I miss seeing him get deep in the middle.

I do like when McCarthy gets a Jennings or Cobb matched up in the slot on a slow safety though, and opens the defense up wide.

I can see us winning a close game, us getting upset close, or I can see us blowing these guys out, playing pissed, mean, aggressive on defense, and Rodgers performing a lobotomy on their defense.

I can see Grant having a good game, or Brandon Saine, strong like bull and running fearless, having a surprising game. He's a low bowling ball.

I can see it being a blow out win for the Packers or a close win for the Giants. I dont think we win another down to the wire intense game but I can see us absolutely butt whipping them something like 45-17.

princefielder28
01-13-2012, 05:53 PM
Some thoughts

-I don't necessarily think that Chad Clifton returning will be a big help for the team...yes he did get snaps against the Lions but the fact that he has not gotten considerable playing time and has been dealing with an injury since early on in the season...I would go with Newhouse given his youth, ability to move more freely and familiarity with the Giants given them playing just a handful of weeks ago

-Our run defense better step up (looking at you AJ Hawk)...Bradshaw is on the injury report but he is healthy enough and Brandon Jacobs looks strong late in the year...I see the Giants coming out establishing the run and if they get that going then our defense is in big touble because that'll play right into Gilbride's hands for play calling (remember Kalil Bell's strong performance in Week 16?)

-If I had to put a prediction on the game I would say the Giants come into Lambeau and win 27-24...in our run last year to the Super Bowl we were able to rely heavily on our defense to create pressure, turnovers, and scores...more times than not in the playoffs it seems like the defense is the catalyst to a title run and right now I don't see our defense being in a place where they can get us a win against a caliber of team like New York

SuperPacker
01-13-2012, 06:03 PM
Some thoughts

-I don't necessarily think that Chad Clifton returning will be a big help for the team...yes he did get snaps against the Lions but the fact that he has not gotten considerable playing time and has been dealing with an injury since early on in the season...I would go with Newhouse given his youth, ability to move more freely and familiarity with the Giants given them playing just a handful of weeks ago

-Our run defense better step up (looking at you AJ Hawk)...Bradshaw is on the injury report but he is healthy enough and Brandon Jacobs looks strong late in the year...I see the Giants coming out establishing the run and if they get that going then our defense is in big touble because that'll play right into Gilbride's hands for play calling (remember Kalil Bell's strong performance in Week 16?)

-If I had to put a prediction on the game I would say the Giants come into Lambeau and win 27-24...in our run last year to the Super Bowl we were able to rely heavily on our defense to create pressure, turnovers, and scores...more times than not in the playoffs it seems like the defense is the catalyst to a title run and right now I don't see our defense being in a place where they can get us a win against a caliber of team like New York

We have the most interception in the league and probably one of the highest scoring defenses. How can you not rely on the defense to get turnovers and scores?

Reading this you'd think we were the ones going to the Meadowlands as a wildcard underdog. We just went 15-1 with the same defense and along the way we beat the Giants away from Lambeau. Have some confidence in the team!

princefielder28
01-13-2012, 06:40 PM
We have the most interception in the league and probably one of the highest scoring defenses. How can you not rely on the defense to get turnovers and scores?

Reading this you'd think we were the ones going to the Meadowlands as a wildcard underdog. We just went 15-1 with the same defense and along the way we beat the Giants away from Lambeau. Have some confidence in the team!

Our takeaway numbers are misleading because it has more to do with our offense running away from teams and opponents playing from behind and needing to catch up...it just feels different than last year as far as the opportunities that our defense presented to the team...i'm just trying to give the most unbiased evaluation of the game coming up that I can

SuperPacker
01-13-2012, 06:54 PM
Our takeaway numbers are misleading because it has more to do with our offense running away from teams and opponents playing from behind and needing to catch up...it just feels different than last year as far as the opportunities that our defense presented to the team...i'm just trying to give the most unbiased evaluation of the game coming up that I can

You can say the exact same thing for the yards numbers! I dont get your point here.

princefielder28
01-13-2012, 06:59 PM
You can say the exact same thing for the yards numbers! I dont get your point here.

I'm not a big stats guy...plain and simple: our defense is more of a liability than a strength

SuperPacker
01-13-2012, 07:04 PM
I'm not a big stats guy...plain and simple: our defense is more of a liability than a strength

I have a love/hate relationship with our defense. The Chargers game for example. We scored two INT touchdowns so technically they're the reason we won the game but its annoying when you just want to shut the other team down and they cant.

Half the time i'm like. "f*** i love our defense" and the other half im like "FFS you stupid b******s!"

BloodBrother
01-14-2012, 03:48 AM
The D has stepped up when they needed to this year for the most part. The ATL game they held the Falcons until the O finally got their sh*t together...same with the first game at Detroit. They stopped the Saints time and time again on short yardage, including a couple 4th down plays. When they have needed to get a stop, they have

now with that said, they are nowhere near last year's D, but this years offense is leaps and bounds better than last year's O. The D is middle of the pack in points against and 2nd in takeaways. That means more to me than yards given up

Hold the Giants to FG's, force a turnover or 2 and the Pack should be sitting pretty in the end

BloodBrother
01-15-2012, 02:12 PM
Packers making some changes to the starting lineup

Brad Jones will start at ROLB, replacing Erik Walden(thank god)
C.J. Wilson will start at RDE, replacing Jarius Wynn

Packers Inactives:

CB Davon House
LB Robert Francois
OL Herb Taylor
TE D.J. Williams
QB Graham Harrell
NT Howard Green
LB Vic So'oto

Surprised about So'oto and Green being inactive. Figured that So'oto would be active with Lattimore the one who was inactive

I would have liked Green to be active since he's another wide bodied guy up front to help plug any holes for that Giants run game.

I expect GB to play a lot of Nickel today from the looks of it

J-Mike88
01-15-2012, 02:21 PM
Packers making some changes to the starting lineup

Brad Jones will start at ROLB, replacing Erik Walden(thank god)
C.J. Wilson will start at RDE, replacing Jarius Wynn

Surprised about So'oto and Green being inactive. Figured that So'oto would be active with Lattimore the one who was inactive

I would have liked Green to be active since he's another wide bodied guy up front to help plug any holes for that Giants run game.

I expect GB to play a lot of Nickel today from the looks of it
Howard Green is INactive, against a RB like Brandon Jacobs?
That seems wrong IMO. Are you sure?

BloodBrother
01-15-2012, 02:47 PM
I'm very sure. He hasn't really been that good this year, but it is still surprising

looks like they'll go with Raji/Pickett on a lot of plays and the LBers will need to step up and make their tackles

Zycho32
01-15-2012, 04:11 PM
I guess Safety Depth just went up the priority list for the off-season? I'm not sure Peprah couldn't be upgraded even as the 3rd Safety on the depth chart.

domingo
01-15-2012, 05:53 PM
The refs are doing everything in their power to give this game to Green Bay. Pretty tough to beat 12 men.

Twiddler
01-15-2012, 07:10 PM
So this is what it looks like when practically an entire team doesn't show up.

princefielder28
01-15-2012, 07:27 PM
this leaves us with a sour taste heading into the off-seson...all our flaws were exposed

J-Mike88
01-15-2012, 07:31 PM
The refs are doing everything in their power to give this game to Green Bay. Pretty tough to beat 12 men.
Yeah the Packers lost despite the refs apparently being instructed to give us some help.

We sucked. Flatout sucked.

I wrote an article a month or so ago that said we'd be more successful in the run to the Super Bowl if we could play our HOME playoff games in the warmth of Miami. We should have moved Lambeau to Miami.
Our team is not assembled for cold weather. It's just not. We're a precision passing team, where hands, fingers, and feel are important. Not grind it out, battle of the line of scrimmage football.

Have we ever had as many drops, fumbles, bad throws as today? Nope.
Kuhn had never fumbled it away in his Packer career, til today. He should be used to the cold.
But most of our games are not played in cold.

The OL pass-protected great in the first half. But the first drive of half #2, and Lang and Clifton let Osi slip in and he knocks away a TD pass probably, and we lose the fumble on the strip of Rodgers. Devastating.

That after the horseschit hail mary which was Woodson and Peprah's fault, a play after the pathetic defense, and Peprah with the slow bad angle on Bradshaw, could not tackle him and end the half, allowing the play to occur.

Why didn't Capers/McCarthy call timeout before that Hail Mary play to make sure?

Why was Crabtree in there where he was the receiver on a 3rd & long?
It hit him in the hands/numbers... resulted in a punt instead of points.
He should never be a receiver on a 3rd & long when it means you have to sit guys from: Nelson, Jennings, Driver, Jones, Cobb, Finley.

Driver was awesome today. If everyone had his hands today, we'd have won this game.

So sad I am sickened, and that will linger for a long time.
Worst 15-1 season ever.
All 7 previous playoff games this season were won by the home team.
Till this schit.

I wonder about the affect that the punk kid who got hammered drunk and went into the river dying had on the overall team.
That probably affected the offensive preparation, and probably affected the mood/sharpness/mental toughness of a lot of the guys who suffered from it all week, then went to the kid's funeral Friday.

We could have used an easy game today with that crap, and the rust, but we got a great team, unlike what the AFC #1 team NE got. One more straw in the cap of why I hate the Patriots.
But today we would have lost to a lot of teams probably, although I give the Giants a lot of the credit. They popped out all those fumbles.

On a positive note: I specifically focused on Mike Neal a lot of times and the big fella generated some pass rush at times. Also hustled hard.

I used to defend Peprah. Never again. If Collins was in his shoes today, they would have gone 3 & out to open the game... also the 2 long Nicks touchdowns were a lot of Peprah's fault, and I think Collins prevents both of them. Please come back Nick.

Sad..... time to go into hibernation mode for a long time.

BloodBrother
01-15-2012, 08:09 PM
Oh well. Tough to repeat in this league nowadays and the D wasn't good all year

team is still well positioned to be a top tier team for years. Need a pass rushing DE/OLB badly though

Not too upset right now. They played terribly today and you wont' win many games with 4 turnovers.

SuperPacker
01-15-2012, 08:12 PM
Next year!

This team has to be hungury after throwing away the chance to win the superbowl again. So many mistakes...

BloodBrother
01-15-2012, 08:18 PM
I'm a little upset about how they played at home but really this team should be in the mix next year barring catastrophic injuries. It's fine

LOL at the fans of other teams on the main forum making a thread about the Pack losing. Started by a Vikes fan no less(no surprise there). You know your team is doing good things when they are so hated. Means you are usually having success. Things are fine with this team going forward(granted they fix their holes at DE and OLB...maybe safety if Collins can't come back because peprah was horrible today)

SuperPacker
01-15-2012, 08:38 PM
If we go out and get a OLB, DE and CB in the draft we'll be fine. IN that order preferably

BloodBrother
01-15-2012, 08:56 PM
I think CB is fine. I like House and I like Tramon and Shields. Woodson is getting up there in age though so another CB wouldn't hurt

I just hope Collins can return or else that's another hole to fill on D

right now, if Collins can return, they just need a DE/OLB. I liked what I saw from DJ Smith this year and I think he might be a better alternative than AJ Hawk going forward

J-Mike88
01-15-2012, 08:58 PM
If we go out and get a OLB, DE and CB in the draft we'll be fine. IN that order preferably
True. EXCEPT the odds would be 2/3 would be hurt by the time the playoffs get here, and even with TT, 1 out of 3 won't be a hit.

He should invest in ONE free agent stud at one of those positions so we know what we are getting.

Justin Smith was a free agent addition for the Niners. Well worth whatever money he got.
Cullen Jenkins wasn't that great, but he was great for us, and he got pretty small money, about the same as James Jones who we don't even use.

Sometimes age is a bit overrated IMO.

LOL at the fans of other teams on the main forum making a thread about the Pack losing. Started by a Vikes fan no less(no surprise there). You know your team is doing good things when they are so hated. Means you are usually having success.
No kidding.... you see me battling a bunch of those c0cksuckers.
It's always coming from loser teams.... teams not in the mix. Teams who ALWAYS lose like Minnesota, Dallas, Chicago, Cleveland... no success from any of those teams in their lifetimes probably.

J-Mike88
01-15-2012, 09:00 PM
The Collins loss was HUGE because:

A) he was great. GREAT. not just pretty good. He was great.
B) Peprah sucks @sscorn.

Sadly, I would bet a lot that Nick's playing days are over, which pisses me off becaust that was such a BS fluke play.
GUys hurdle all the time. No tacklers get hurt.
Tacklers lead with their head and have hard colliisons... this play was not that.
Also, it was bad defense on that play for Stewart to have had that much running space to even make it to Collins.
LBers were AWOL on that play... forced Collins to come up while Stewart had a ton of space and running room.

BloodBrother
01-15-2012, 09:00 PM
meh don't feed em. For quite a few of them this is the highlight of their season(which is pretty sad for them really)

Pack will be back next year with the talent they have. S'all good

J-Mike88
01-15-2012, 09:03 PM
meh don't feed em. For quite a few of them this is the highlight of their season(which is pretty sad for them really)

Pack will be back next year with the talent they have. S'all good
A) true. sad for them, i don't feel any pity for them, but you're right, i won't feed them anymore even though it's so tempting.

B) should be true, but it won't matter at all now until the playoffs, because 15 regular season wins mean nothing. all that matters is the trophy at the end.

C) sucks now because Skip Bayless will talk crap tomorrow.
I won't watch any of ESPN today or tomorrow, hopefully for a long time.

BloodBrother
01-15-2012, 09:08 PM
i avoid espn/nfln after playoff losses so that will continue this week. I have no interest in hearing the mouth breathers yap on tv

RockJock07
01-15-2012, 09:47 PM
I'm really disappointed for a number of reasons but mainly because 19 games in a row and the run these guys were on is not what will be remembered. This was an awful way to end a great run.

Aaron deserves some blame here but this game came down to 2 things. The fumbles were out of character and took away possessions and the defense with 2 weeks off didn't do anything different then the regular season.

What was with the 3 man rush on multiple occasions? Eli had at least 6 or 7 seconds to make reads.

Also, what the hell is up with Starks. Dropped a pass, blown block that led to a sack and punt, and didn't take a handoff from Aaron which caused him to have to scramble for a 1st down. Starks seems to suffer from the same lack of concentration that plagues Finley.

TimmG6376
01-15-2012, 09:50 PM
So disappointing. Let's hope this puts an end to the coach speak about yards don't matter, ranking doesn't matter, as long as we don't give up points in the red zone and create turnovers...blah...blah...blah.

Ted has got to invest in this defense. I swear if we draft another TE in the first 5 rounds I'll blow a gasket.

The o-line held up pretty well overall, except for Clifton getting stuck in mud and letting Osi run around him for the sack-fumble. All the talk was that the pass rush was going to give Rodgers fits. For much of the game he actually had plenty of time but the receivers could not get open.

Seemed like Walden played a lot. I thought Jones was going to start and get significant snaps?

bigbluedefense
01-16-2012, 07:34 AM
Good game guys. Good luck in the future.

BloodBrother
01-16-2012, 08:23 AM
Good game to you as well. Giants came to play. Enjoy this...it's fun when your team goes on a run like this when nobody expects them to. Last year was great because of that, and so far this year the Giants look to be doing the same as well

PackerLegend
01-16-2012, 12:19 PM
So disappointing.. this was not the 15-1 team we watched. Surprising the D is what kept us in it for awhile except that hailmary which was killer.

I absolutely hated the fact we gave Kuhn a carry behind our 50 which he fumbled. He shouldn't run ever... it was a thing that worked a couple times but its been dead all year yet we still did it.

Anyways draft lots of defense and a HB wouldn't hurt.

SuperPacker
01-16-2012, 12:28 PM
Good game to NYG! The better team won yesterday even though it hurts to say so.

Its feels weird losing. Im use my soccer team losing because thats just what happens, but i've never been dissappointed by the Packers since i became a fan so i dont really know how to react.

PackerFan20
01-17-2012, 10:46 AM
Did Finley get injured during the game? I didn't hear any mention of it but he was pretty much invisible the whole game, especially the second half, which was surprising because it seemed like everybody was expecting a big game from him.

SuperPacker
01-17-2012, 11:41 AM
Did Finley get injured during the game? I didn't hear any mention of it but he was pretty much invisible the whole game, especially the second half, which was surprising because it seemed like everybody was expecting a big game from him.

Hopefully it was his goodbye present.

We'll get a couple good compensation picks next year if we let Flynn and Finley leave. Or we could tag Flynn and make a trade with another team. I just really dont wanna see Finley back in Green Bay next year.

PackerLegend
01-17-2012, 12:21 PM
To bad he will and should be back.

SuperPacker
01-17-2012, 12:23 PM
To bad he will and should be back.

I know, im pretty sure TT will keep him, i know i wouldnt though.