PDA

View Full Version : Divisional Round Discussion Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Giantsfan1080
01-10-2012, 09:57 AM
Saturday

New Orleans Saints at San Francisco 49'ers (4:30)
Denver Broncos at New England Patriots (8:00)

Sunday

Houston Texans at Baltimore Ravens (1:00)
New York Giants at Green Bay Packers (4:30)

Discuss.

katnip
01-10-2012, 10:02 AM
dammit.. I really want to see the saints/49ers game. But I have to work.

Splat
01-10-2012, 10:05 AM
Saturday

New Orleans Saints at San Francisco 49'ers (4:30)
Denver Broncos at New England Patriots (8:00)

Sunday

Houston Texans at Baltimore Ravens (1:00)
New York Giants at Green Bay Packers (4:30)

My thinking.

tjsunstein
01-10-2012, 10:30 AM
Packers/Giants should be a lot of fun. I have a feeling Jermichael Finley plays a key role. Whether with drops or catches, he will be targeted.

Let's go Tebow...?

scottyboy
01-10-2012, 10:39 AM
wouldn't it be hilarious if the QB's in the conference championship games were Tebow, Yates, Alex Smith and Eli?

ok, the Packers/Giants game doesn't really have a hilarious QB choice, but still, you know what I mean

Jvig43
01-10-2012, 10:51 AM
wouldn't it be hilarious if the QB's in the conference championship games were Tebow, Yates, Alex Smith and Eli?

ok, the Packers/Giants game doesn't really have a hilarious QB choice, but still, you know what I mean

No Scotty, no that would not be funny.

scottyboy
01-10-2012, 11:33 AM
No Scotty, no that would not be funny.

ok, I understand what you mean, but just imagine...the AFCCG with the quarterbacks being Tim Tebow and TJ Yates.

ElectricEye
01-10-2012, 11:33 AM
I'm so excited. It's going to be a very long four days.

I think our gameplan for Tebow is going to be drastically different than the one the Steelers came in with. We're still going to try to force him to pass, but the focus should be on making him drive down the field and read overages instead of sitting back and bombing it on cover 1/0.

I'm concerned with Denver's ability to rush the passer though. Our offensive line has had major problems lately, especially at the start of games. We've been getting off to slow starts in general lately, which plays into Denver's strengths a bit too much for my tastes.

abaddon41_80
01-10-2012, 11:47 AM
Gonna go with three upsets; 49ers, Texans and Giants. Picking the obvious favorite in the Saturday night game, though. The Broncos.

jrdrylie
01-10-2012, 11:50 AM

I think our gameplan for Tebow is going to be drastically different than the one the Steelers came in with. We're still going to try to force him to pass, but the focus should be on making him drive down the field and read overages instead of sitting back and bombing it on cover 1/0.

I'm concerned with Denver's ability to rush the passer though. Our offensive line has had major problems lately, especially at the start of games. We've been getting off to slow starts in general lately, which plays into Denver's strengths a bit too much for my tastes.

How about using the same strategy you guys used when you beat them by a couple of touchdowns about a month ago.

BeerBaron
01-10-2012, 11:59 AM
Baltimore is undefeated at home and that place, and that defense, will be absolutely rocking against a rookie QB. I think that's the least likely upset this weekend. It may depend how whether Flacco comes up big or small, and how balanced Cam Cameron is willing to be.

I'm most looking forward to Saints/49ers. I have no idea what to expect here. (See my Wildcard thoughts thread for my full explanation.) I do know that Harbaugh is going to have the 49ers ready to play.

And the Giants are the last team the Packers wanted to see. They played a tough game in the regular season and the Giants defense is absolutely clicking, having allowed 14, 14 and 0 in the past 3 weeks. (The safety counts against the offense.)

K Train
01-10-2012, 12:14 PM
discount double check all day

Packers
Saints
Patriots
Texans (using my heart)

Nikolas
01-10-2012, 12:17 PM
As much as I want my Texans to win, I don't think they will. We lost to the Ravens with Schaub, I don't think we can pull it off with TJ, *unless* the "crappy" Ravens show up, you know the one; the team that lost to Tennessee and Jacksonville.

Regardless, I'm very happy with how the Texans did this year. The defense is miles better, we made the postseason, won our first playoff game, and had Schaub not gone down, I think we would have finished 13-3 and had the first round bye.

I just hope Wade doesn't bolt for Tampa Bay. We just got the D fixed, don't want another D.C. coming in and changing things.

BeerBaron
01-10-2012, 12:26 PM
As much as I want my Texans to win, I don't think they will. We lost to the Ravens with Schaub, I don't think we can pull it off with TJ, *unless* the "crappy" Ravens show up, you know the one; the team that lost to Tennessee and Jacksonville.

Regardless, I'm very happy with how the Texans did this year. The defense is miles better, we made the postseason, won our first playoff game, and had Schaub not gone down, I think we would have finished 13-3 and had the first round bye.

I just hope Wade doesn't bolt for Tampa Bay. We just got the D fixed, don't want another D.C. coming in and changing things.

That's the road Ravens. Baltimore is undefeated at home this year and only 3 of the games were even within one touchdown.

bigbluedefense
01-10-2012, 12:34 PM
I'm just enjoying the moment. Win or lose, I'm just enjoying the moment. Can't complain about our season anymore, what happens from here on out is gravy to me.

keylime_5
01-10-2012, 12:36 PM
Saints/Niners should be a great game. Strength against strength. San Francisco playing ball control offense to keep the Saints offense off of the field is their best chance to win. They have to play better in the red zone though and make TDs not FGs, or else they will be using a knife in a gunfight.

SuperPacker
01-10-2012, 12:38 PM
GO Pack GO! So excited for the game on sunday and my fantasy playoff challenge has mostly packers players so im relying on us going to the playoffs!

ElectricEye
01-10-2012, 12:41 PM
How about using the same strategy you guys used when you beat them by a couple of touchdowns about a month ago.

Let them march up and down the field in the first half and get bailed out by turnovers/deferring on the toss? I imagine we'll do something similar, but I would prefer not to count on the turnovers. I'm not exactly comfortable about falling back on regular season results either, especially not after that entire Jets debacle.

The hardest thing that Denver is going to have to deal with is flipping the script. That was an emotional game and an emotional win. We've seen teams struggle with that in recent years, especially in the playoffs.

Defensively, the most interesting story with us will be where we line McCourty up. After a stellar rookie season where he was a legitimate stud, he's regressed to the point where he's a massive liability. To account for this and try to mitigate our deficient safety play, we played him a ton there last week. He seems to be more comfortable facing the play right now too, so that could help us quite a bit. Our corners are untested and I'm not very confident in them playing well, but against a team like Denver, I think we can get away with it.....and as bad/mediocre as they are, anything that gets Ihedigbo off the field is probably an upgrade.

Gap discipline and tackling are huge anytime you play the type of offense Denver runs and go up against a player like Tebow. We didn't do the greatest job at either of those things in the first game, especially early on. Ninkovich is particular looked pretty bad and made several undisciplined plays out on the edge that led to big gains in the run game. Having Chung and Spikes back will help in that area, especially Chung. A pass rush would help and that's really one of the things that helped bail us out when we struggled early in the first meeting, but the loss of Andre Carter certainly doesn't help in that area(hurts quite a bit against the run as well. Mark Anderson has been an able replacement in passing downs, much to the dismay of a certain Bears fan here I'm sure haha. Letting Tebow sit back there and wait for Thomas to run clear of the secondary and windup is something we can't let happen. I'm much more comfortable with him running around and having to make quick decisions and quick throws. He didn't look at all accurate when Pittsburgh hurried him. He really left some fairly big plays on the field in those situations, even.

SuperPacker
01-10-2012, 01:07 PM
The 49ers/Saints game is definitely the most interesting. It'll be fascinating to see whether San Francisco's defense is the real deal and whether Drew Brees really is "better than Rodgers" which hes not btw.

DBNYDP
01-10-2012, 01:31 PM
I can't see us fumbling the ball two times in a row again. It should be a closer game and a pretty good game too. I'm saying around 20-30 points for both teams.

VernonLawson89
01-10-2012, 01:57 PM
I'm just enjoying the moment. Win or lose, I'm just enjoying the moment. Can't complain about our season anymore, what happens from here on out is gravy to me.

As a Niner fan. This is how i feel also.

This team has far exceeded my expectations.

BeerBaron
01-10-2012, 01:58 PM
As a Niner fan. This is how i feel also.

This team has far exceeded my expectations.

I thought I felt that way last year about the Bears, but the loss stung just as badly as ever.

JETS5128
01-10-2012, 02:02 PM
My thoughts on Niners/Saints

I really feel like this is a great chance for the niners to win. They have the perfect recipe for beating the Saints and match up as well as any team can with them. First off, SF doesn't turn the ball over which is the first key to beat a high powered offense. Making a team drive 70-80 yards for a score every time makes it much harder on the offense. A fresh and healthy Gore should be able to hit 100 easily versus a saints D that can be pushed around and ran on. Smith is also capable of converting 3rd downs to keep the chains moving and has solid weapons in Crabtree, VD, and Kyle Williams. When executing properly this offense controls the ball and the clock. Being able to keep the ball out of Brees' hands for stretches of time is the 2nd key to beating NO.

On the other side of the ball, the Niners have IMO the best D in the league (followed by Ravens and Texans) and get to go against a Saints offense that doesn't play outside particularly well. Their front 7 should be able to stop the saints run game and get pressure on Brees which are another two keys to slowing the saints' attack. Bowman/Willis/Whitner is as good a combination as possible to try and cover Sproles and Graham (Brees' favorite targets). I'm guessing one if not both of them have lackluster days. The secondary vs. the Saints receivers is the biggest concern for SF, Rogers matches up alright with Colston but the other corners on the roster aren't great. Luckily tho the saints secondary receivers are nothing special either. Henderson and Meachem can get deep but thats about it. Slowing down the Saints is no easy task, but the Niners are perfectly equipped to do it. Additionally they get to play at home and outdoors where the Saints dont play as well

IMO this game is gonna come down to Red Zone offense for the niners. If they convert there opportunities into TD's the D will do its job and contain the Saints. Settling for 3 is not an option against NO, if Smith cant make the necessary plays in the red zone to score 7 than the Saints will win. Ultimately I think the Niners pull it out

24-20

bigbluedefense
01-10-2012, 02:05 PM
I thought I felt that way last year about the Bears, but the loss stung just as badly as ever.

Don't **** on our parade guy.

ATLDirtyBirds
01-10-2012, 02:47 PM
I can't believe I have to root for the Packers.

BeerBaron
01-10-2012, 02:48 PM
I can't believe I have to root for the Packers.

That's never an option.

Plus, the further Giants advance, the wronger JBCX becomes.

ATLDirtyBirds
01-10-2012, 02:54 PM
That's never an option.

Plus, the further Giants advance, the wronger JBCX becomes.

You don't understand how much I hate the Giants.

BeerBaron
01-10-2012, 02:55 PM

Can't possibly be as much as I hate the Packers. Think of the fans here! Imagine how much more smug and insulated the Packers fans would be if they won another Superbowl. This must be stopped at all costs.

scottyboy
01-10-2012, 02:56 PM

HEY...**** you

Crazy_Chris
01-10-2012, 02:59 PM
Can't possibly be as much as I hate the Packers. Think of the fans here! Imagine how much more smug and insulated the Packers fans would be if they won another Superbowl. This must be stopped at all costs.

This man speaks the truth!

The scary thing is for the most part the fans here are very tame compared to Packer fans in General.

ATLDirtyBirds
01-10-2012, 03:01 PM
Can't possibly be as much as I hate the Packers. Think of the fans here! Imagine how much more smug and isolated the Packers fans would be if they won another Superbowl. This must be stopped at all costs.

I'm sure not as much. But I'm only rooting for the Packers for this game...unless the Saints win too... ****, I'm a cheese head.

HEY...**** you

Do you hate the Jets because you live in NJ and have to deal with all the stupid **** you hear their fans say? That's me with the Giants. The Jets get a little bit of a pass from me because they are comical and make me think of my beloved, dysfunctional Mets. But the Giants, just, ugh.

Raiderz4Life
01-10-2012, 03:04 PM
Down with the Packers!!! I'm riding the JPP jockwagon the whole way.

bigbluedefense
01-10-2012, 03:05 PM
I'm sure not as much. But I'm only rooting for the Packers for this game...unless the Saints win too... ****, I'm a cheese head.

Do you hate the Jets because you live in NJ and have to deal with all the stupid **** you hear their fans say? That's me with the Giants. The Jets get a little bit of a pass from me because they are comical and make me think of my beloved, dysfunctional Mets. But the Giants, just, ugh.

Hey now. Cowboy fans from the tri-state area are by far the worst. Followed by Eagles fans.

Just bc. All Eagles fans suck.

Jvig43
01-10-2012, 03:06 PM

Exactly this. The quicker they are out the better.

ATLDirtyBirds
01-10-2012, 03:07 PM
Hey now. Cowboy fans from the tri-state area are by far the worst. Followed by Eagles fans.

I've been bombarded with mostly dumb Giants fans here since the beginning of my football fandom. It's just too much trauma to overcome.

scottyboy
01-10-2012, 03:09 PM
I've been bombarded with mostly dumb Giants fans here since the beginning of my football fandom. It's just too much trauma to overcome.

I'm one of the first to admit that Giants fans suck. I hate the majority of all fans up in the tri-state area. So, just let the ones you love on here have the joy of winning, mk? Because that should outweigh all the idiots you'll have to deal with for another year or so, right? RIGHT?

Raiderz4Life
01-10-2012, 03:11 PM
http://i39.tinypic.com/fcs2l1.jpg

AWWW YEAH!!!

ATLDirtyBirds
01-10-2012, 03:12 PM
I'm one of the first to admit that Giants fans suck. I hate the majority of all fans up in the tri-state area. So, just let the ones you love on here have the joy of winning, mk? Because that should outweigh all the idiots you'll have to deal with for another year or so, right? RIGHT?

You already got your SB damnit. I can't even get a playoff win. YOU DESERVE NOTHING!

Although if it helps, I am rooting for my man crush JPP to behead Aaron.

Jvig43
01-10-2012, 03:12 PM
You already got your SB damnit. I can't even get a playoff win. YOU DESERVE NOTHING!

So did the Packers, and the Giants fans on here are far more deserving of another title than the Packer fans. (But personally I want a Pats win over the Giants in a SB rematch so thats why I'll be rooting for the Giants).

Raiderz4Life
01-10-2012, 03:14 PM
I like NYG fans more than GB fans on here and JPP makes me cream my pants.

BBD, Scotty, and Rosebud >>>>>>> anything GB has to offer.

ATLDirtyBirds
01-10-2012, 03:15 PM
So did the Packers, and the Giants fans on here are far more deserving of another title than the Packer fans. (But personally I want a Pats win over the Giants in a SB rematch so thats why I'll be rooting for the Giants).

Woah, woah, woah. Let's be abundantly clear him. I'm praying I only have to be a Packer fan for this week. I'm firmly pulling for Houston.

Giantsfan1080
01-10-2012, 03:16 PM

I always got the feeling we might be unliked on here. I don't know.

bigbluedefense
01-10-2012, 03:18 PM
I like NYG fans more than GB fans on here and JPP makes me cream my pants.

BBD, Scotty, and Rosebud >>>>>>> anything GB has to offer.

We love you too pa <3

BeerBaron
01-10-2012, 03:32 PM

Sounds very scumbaggy....

http://i.imgur.com/japOy.jpg

Ness
01-10-2012, 03:57 PM

If the Patriots lose this game, is this Bill Belicheck's worse loss of his career? Even compared to the 2007 Super Bowl? What do you think?

Ness
01-10-2012, 04:03 PM
By the way I'll be holding my breath every time Drew Brees throws a deep pass.

scottyboy
01-10-2012, 04:05 PM

oh, I know people either love me or hate me and there's really no inbetween so I'm used to it.

if anyone hate you Zak...well then we kill them. it's as simple as that.

maybe it's our ability as Giants fan to take over threads...such as this one.

oh well

J-Mike88
01-10-2012, 04:05 PM
dammit.. I really want to see the saints/49ers game. But I have to work.
Be sick.....solved.

J-Mike88
01-10-2012, 04:19 PM
And the Giants are the last team the Packers wanted to see. They played a tough game in the regular season and the Giants defense is absolutely clicking, having allowed 14, 14 and 0 in the past 3 weeks. (The safety counts against the offense.)
That is exactly what I have been saying too.

I can't believe Vegas has the Packers favored by 9 fricking points here.
Vegas must assume a lot of people are just looking at the W-L records, and not the actual players.

The Giants have just as much, if not more, talent as the Packers do.
Look at that D-Line.
Look at those 2 WRs.
Jennings & Jordy are great, but so are Hakeem the Dream & Victor Please let me take you on a sea Cruz. I like the Packers depth better at WR, plus Finley is capable of taking over. But he's also capable of dropping the game away at times.

Rodgers is fantastic, but Eli is great too, and clutch.

These 2 teams were almost dead-even in week 13. The Giants won at Lambeau in the playoffs last time with Eli winning it.
Bradshaw and Jacobs both can and will hurt the Packers crappy defense.

If Eli doesn't serve up any Ints for the Packers, the Giants win this game. The Packers horseschit defense is dependant on/addicted to interceptions, and if they don't get them, it's trouble because they don't shut anyone down from Orton to Freeman to Josh McClown.

By the way, just placed this bet as it's too many points to pass up:

BET DETAILS
New York Giants +9 (-130)
Risk
US$ 430.00
To Win
US$ 330.08

When they offer the moneyline, it should be about +300 or more and I will add a little "heartbreak insurance" on that as well, as I did the final 6 games last year (and went broke because of it LOL)

ATLDirtyBirds
01-10-2012, 05:20 PM

You guys are all good by me. You just don't understand what I've been through in having almost everyone I know like the Giants. That's years of annoyingness with countless perpetrators. You can't overcome something like that.

ElectricEye
01-10-2012, 05:22 PM
If the Patriots lose this game, is this Bill Belicheck's worse loss of his career? Even compared to the 2007 Super Bowl? What do you think?

I think the collective failure of the past three playoff experiences would amount to being that bad, yeah.

Saints-Tigers
01-10-2012, 05:23 PM
No way, the Giants fans are great here, particularly when they aren't asked about their own players!

If we could eliminate your opinions on Eli, you're probably the most well educated and fair in your player evaluations :D

Edit: Also, I'm pretty sure that outside of me, none of the Saints fans on here have anyone that hates them, hahaha.

Giantsfan1080
01-10-2012, 05:27 PM
You guys are all good by me. You just don't understand what I've been through in having almost everyone I know like the Giants. That's years of annoyingness with countless perpetrators. You can't overcome something like that.

I don't like talking trash to fans of other teams. I think it's bad karma.

49erNation85
01-10-2012, 05:32 PM
All I gotta say is I want more Tebow magic in the play offs until the super bowl IF the 49ers make it.

But for now 49ers better pick it up and kick some butt against the Saints.Better go all out or go home!

Rosebud
01-10-2012, 05:37 PM

I really wish I knew how much most NYC fans suck when I became a Giants and Knicks fan as a child. **** past me. :-(

I get it, it's why I'll always hate the Packers, too many cheeseheads around chicago that talk way too much ****.

Rosebud
01-10-2012, 05:39 PM
No way, the Giants fans are great here, particularly when they aren't asked about their own players!

If we could eliminate your opinions on Eli, you're probably the most well educated and fair in your player evaluations :D

Edit: Also, I'm pretty sure that outside of me, none of the Saints fans on here have anyone that hates them, hahaha.

Well we wouldn't hate you if you'd just accept that Eli just sucked all of the clutch out of Peyton when they were kids and is thus amazing...

I don't like talking trash to fans of other teams. I think it's bad karma.

Yep, I'll stand up for my team, and sometimes get excited about things with my team, but I never talk ****...anymore...

Saints-Tigers
01-10-2012, 05:43 PM
I just don't think Eli is even self aware enough to realize what the score is, much less that his team needs a clutch performance! :D

Rosebud
01-10-2012, 05:45 PM
I just don't think Eli is even self aware enough to realize what the score is, much less that his team needs a clutch performance! :D

That's why it works. And why I love having the guy.

BaLLiN
01-10-2012, 06:08 PM
I will say this once and only once, I want the referees to call a fair game. If a team loses outright, fine, but I hate to see teams get screwed on calls (ex: Lions titus young catch against GB, sack fumble vs NO, PIT backwards pass shouldve been called a fumble and DEN recovered). No more referees taking over games.

eltwentyone
01-10-2012, 06:13 PM
I am looking to see TEBOW, I expect a blowout tbh, if broncos keep it close they can win, Balitimore should be able to beat Texans with ease,

for NFC
Green Bay and Giants, woahhhh gonna love this game, similar to 2007, everything is set, I can't predict, but its gonna be awesome game

49ers and Saints, i hate the saints, I wanna see some defense, I think 49ers gonna pull through, wanna see how elite Harbrough can be against Peyton,

VernonLawson89
01-10-2012, 07:55 PM
All I gotta say is I want more Tebow magic in the play offs until the super bowl IF the 49ers make it.

But for now 49ers better pick it up and kick some butt against the Saints.Better go all out or go home!

I hope it's a 49ers VS Broncos Super Bowl and we kick Tebows ass 55-10

Hines
01-10-2012, 08:18 PM
Let's go Houston and Denver!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ChiFan24
01-10-2012, 09:47 PM
I'll take every home team. I'm most confident in Baltimore, New England, Green Bay, and San Fran in that order.

Flyboy
01-10-2012, 09:51 PM
I'm actually going to the NO/SF game... my first real Saints game experience (and 2nd NFL experience overall) since I saw them play in 2005 in San Antonio against the Falcons in the Hurricane Katrina year. I'm talking Aaron Brooks, Joe Horn & Donte' Stallworth days... so you know I'll be AMPED for this one. Can't wait to see this one.. will be screaming loud and hard. SF is about 6 hours or so away from me so I'll have to drive on my hands but it'll be worth it.

Rob S
01-11-2012, 12:40 AM
I am rooting vehemently against the Patriots this weekend, but a few of my friends were talking about how cool it would be if Brady threw for 666 yards and 6 TD and then wore devil horns in his post game interview.

Jvig43
01-11-2012, 12:46 AM
I am rooting vehemently against the Patriots this weekend, but a few of my friends were talking about how cool it would be if Brady threw for 666 yards and 6 TD and then wore devil horns in his post game interview.

Eh BB is always joked about as the devil anyway, so I'm really surprised that hasn't been played up.

BloodBrother
01-11-2012, 07:40 AM
Down with the Pats. Their fans have seen enough winning this past decade with all the other Boston sports teams.

plus, It's Tim Tebow

Giantsfan1080
01-11-2012, 08:03 AM
Down with the Pats. Their fans have seen enough winning this past decade with all the other Boston sports teams.

plus, It's Tim Tebow

On Edit: Disregard this.

PackerLegend
01-11-2012, 12:30 PM

What if Tebow threw for some form of 666? Wouldn't that be interesting Oo

BeerBaron
01-11-2012, 12:34 PM
What if Tebow threw for some form of 666? Wouldn't that be interesting Oo

6.66 completion percentage maybe. I'd accept that.

J-Mike88
01-11-2012, 01:17 PM
The rushing game will be important Sunday in Green Bay even though all the hype is on Rodgers & Elisha, and the great receiving corps each team has.

The Giants have Jacobs & Bradshaw, who have molded the cheese before in the playoffs and who both had great games vs Atlanta last week.

Warren Moon says the Packers must boast a rushing attack, must keep teams honest. This has been a pass-first, pass-often offense all year but Moon believes the team that can run the ball in the NFC will have the edge.

A year ago, James Starks became a threat in January. He ran for 315 yards in four playoff games, giving Green Bay sudden balance. Moon remembers seeing linebackers creeping toward the line of scrimmage, opening up big plays for Rodgers in play action.

To repeat, he said that's the key.

“You don’t want to become too one-dimensional in the playoffs because you’re playing some excellent teams every week,” Moon said. “I feel like they’ll have to run enough to keep teams honest. Otherwise, you can be schemed and teams will try to take away what you do if they don’t have any respect for the run."

McCarthy is smart and he knows this.

What I hope though is that the early runs have some good success. Sure one of those Ryan Grant long-hitters early would be great, but just having some 5, 6, 8 yard runs early would bring the LBers in a bit, the safety in, and make things easier for Finley to find space, as well as the WRs.

If they stuff our run early, and MM abandons the run early, it will make it easier for their DL to get to Rodgers, and easier for the cover guys to clog things up, as the Chiefs did.

Even Rodgers, when pressured often & early, can't always hit guys who aren't open yet.

crossroads
01-11-2012, 01:24 PM
Anyone else find it kind of odd that Josh McDaniels can join the Patriots in the middle of the playoffs as an offensive assistant, especially when they're about to play the team he coached for two years?

BeerBaron
01-11-2012, 01:35 PM
Anyone else find it kind of odd that Josh McDaniels can join the Patriots in the middle of the playoffs as an offensive assistant, especially when they're about to play the team he coached for two years?

It's not against the rules. Seems like it ought to be, but it's not.

ElectricEye
01-11-2012, 01:39 PM

Similar hiring's have occurred before. The McDaniel's thing was more to help with the fact Bill O'Brien is splitting double duties than anything else, the hiring was planned a few days before the Broncos beat the Steelers even.
It might be something the league looks at, but it's largely being overplayed as a story line. It helps a bit with personnel and tendencies, but in terms of scheme and knowing what you guys run, it's a completely different. I can see where you guys would be apprehensive about it, but it's more a coincidence than anything else. It would be somewhat reactionary for the NFL to do anything about it now too, with this happening a few times before. It wouldn't be getting anywhere near as much play as a story line if it wasn't Denver.

BradysKnee
01-11-2012, 02:26 PM
Saturday

New Orleans Saints 28 at San Francisco 49'ers 17
Denver Broncos 26 at New England Patriots 34

Sunday

Houston Texans 20 at Baltimore Ravens 23
New York Giants 35 at Green Bay Packers 27 (4:30)

hawkeye123
01-11-2012, 05:16 PM
Roman Harper has an ankle injury..

@JeffDuncanTP injury to Roman Harper is new one and its significant. Harper is key to #Saints run D. > Did not practice due to ankle.

http://twitter.com/JeffDuncanTP

crossroads
01-11-2012, 05:56 PM
Similar hiring's have occurred before. The McDaniel's thing was more to help with the fact Bill O'Brien is splitting double duties than anything else, the hiring was planned a few days before the Broncos beat the Steelers even.
It might be something the league looks at, but it's largely being overplayed as a story line. It helps a bit with personnel and tendencies, but in terms of scheme and knowing what you guys run, it's a completely different. I can see where you guys would be apprehensive about it, but it's more a coincidence than anything else. It would be somewhat reactionary for the NFL to do anything about it now too, with this happening a few times before. It wouldn't be getting anywhere near as much play as a story line if it wasn't Denver.

Yeah, I agree with you. Realistically, the schemes Denver's running on both sides of the ball is different enough from the McDaniels era that I doubt he has much "inside information" for them to use. It's just kind of a funny/odd situation the way it worked out.

gpngc
01-11-2012, 06:10 PM
Roman Harper has an ankle injury..

http://twitter.com/JeffDuncanTP

40 Amaya, Jonathon T/Mia
42 Abdul-Quddus, Isa CF11

Hmmmm... Delanie Walker?

BeerBaron
01-13-2012, 07:07 AM
49ers DC Vic Fangio with the quote of the week:

(On the Saints getting Darren Sproles)

“I can’t believe they got him for the cheap price that they got him for replacing Reggie Bush,” Fangio told the San Francisco Chronicle. “I think if it was the NBA, the commissioner might have stepped in and stopped that move.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/13/49ers-think-sproles-is-so-good-its-almost-unfair/

Giantsfan1080
01-13-2012, 07:57 AM
There is still a major height bias in the NFL. A lot of these smaller guys are proving if you have the speed or strength anyway then it doesn't matter how small are you. You can't build your team around a bunch of midgets but to get a few of them if they have a superior skill definitely will help you save money against the cap.

LonghornsLegend
01-13-2012, 08:00 AM
49ers DC Vic Fangio with the quote of the week:

(On the Saints getting Darren Sproles)

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/13/49ers-think-sproles-is-so-good-its-almost-unfair/

Does he get the most credit for their defense this year, or Harbaugh, or what? Harbaugh is an offensive minded guy I thought, yet this defense without that many new additions rose to the elite ranks pretty quickly. Even with a former LB and defensive guy in Singletary they weren't close to this level, I'm wondering who to give most of the credit to and when the Niners DC will start getting some interviews.

TimmG6376
01-13-2012, 08:16 AM
Interesting stat discussed on Mike & Mike this morning.

No team has ever won the SB with a defense or offense ranked lower than 25th in the league. The Packers, Pats, 49ers, and Giants, all have either an offensive or defensive ranking lower than 25th.

Sloopy
01-13-2012, 08:58 AM
Interesting stats just thrown out on mike and mike:

No team has ever won the SB that has been worse than 25th in the league in total offense has won the superbowl - eliminates the 49'ers

No team has won the SB that has been worse than 25th in the league in total defense - eliminates Green Bay, New England and New York

No team has won the SB that has lead the league in passing - eliminates New Orleans.

This leaves possible winners at Baltimore, Denver, and Houston.

So if you had to pick a team from those three, who you got?

I'm saying Baltimore :)

EDIT: TIMM!!!!!!!!!!! beat me to it

BloodBrother
01-13-2012, 09:10 AM
It's gotta be the Broncos, obviously

BeerBaron
01-13-2012, 09:18 AM
This is also the strangest statistical year on record. We went from having only two QBs to ever throw for 5000 to having three do it in just one season. Defense is pretty much terrible all across the board. Home field means more than it ever has too. We had 3 teams go undefeated at home during the regular season and had 9 with two losses of fewer at home. And we just saw every home team win last weekend.

I'd say if there was ever a year to throw statistics to the side, it's this year.

Jughead10
01-13-2012, 09:21 AM
And just to throw this out there, the Giants are no longer playing like a bottom 5 defense anymore. Since the changes, that everyone's been calling for, that Fewell made.

Giantsfan1080
01-13-2012, 09:37 AM
The Packers/Giants game is also the first ever playoff game to have 2 Super Bowl MVPs playing against each other.

Jughead10
01-13-2012, 09:38 AM
The Packers/Giants game is also the first ever playoff game to have 2 Super Bowl MVPs playing against each other.

However it could also happen the next 3 weeks as well.

Giantsfan1080
01-13-2012, 09:39 AM
However it could also happen the next 3 weeks as well.

Yeah if the Saints win it will definitely happen again next week and then possibly in the Super Bowl as well if the Pats get there and any NFC team besides SF.

BeerBaron
01-13-2012, 09:45 AM
I remember back like 6-7 years ago, there weren't even that many active Superbowl winning QBs, much less MVPs. You had Favre, Brady, Warner...and Brad Johnson. (Dilfer was out of the league, and the other primary winners from the 90s had all retired like Elway, Aikman, and Young.)

Since then, Roethlisberger (x2), Peyton, Eli, Brees and Rodgers have all been added.

Iamcanadian
01-13-2012, 09:45 AM
I like the Tebow phenomena as much as the next guy but the reality is, Denver loses to top teams. Was Pittsburgh a top team last week, the answer is a resounding no, Roethlisberger was only a shell of the QB he is, Mendenhall was injured and did not play, Hampton and Keisel were injured and Clark wasn't playing. I cannot remember if Pouncy played or was hurt but either way, Pittsburgh was a shell of a team living off of its past reputation in being favoured by the odds makers. An upset was clearly very possible in these circumstances and came as no surprise to me. Heck, I made a lot of money on the game.

Will Denver beat NE, I seriously doubt it, I think NE will destroy Denver as they did in their last game. Tebow will disappoint against NE's weak defense.

Tebow may develop into a solid NFL starting QB but he just isn't there yet.

BeerBaron
01-13-2012, 09:49 AM
I like the Tebow phenomena as much as the next guy but the reality is, Denver loses to top teams. Was Pittsburgh a top team last week, the answer is a resounding no, Roethlisberger was only a shell of the QB he is, Mendenhall was injured and did not play, Hampton and Keisel were injured and Clark wasn't playing. I cannot remember if Pouncy played or was hurt but either way, Pittsburgh was a shell of a team living off of its past reputation in being favoured by the odds makers. An upset was clearly very possible in these circumstances and came as no surprise to me. Heck, I made a lot of money on the game.

Will Denver beat NE, I seriously doubt it, I think NE will destroy Denver as they did in their last game. Tebow will disappoint against NE's weak defense.

Tebow may develop into a solid NFL starting QB but he just isn't there yet.

As much as it kills me to say this, the Patriots are 0-3 in their last three post season games, including 0-2 in the last two years at home. They've lost their post season magic in recent years.

I have considerably less faith in them than I would prefer. And it would be just my luck that they'll go into this game and have a horrible calamity of a game like the first Buffalo game where absolutely everything just goes against them (tipped passes getting picked off, etc.) so that people can say it was "god."

Sigh. I hate this. I truly, truly hate that this story even exists.

Iamcanadian
01-13-2012, 09:57 AM
As much as it kills me to say this, the Patriots are 0-3 in their last three post season games, including 0-2 in the last two years at home. They've lost their post season magic in recent years.

I have considerably less faith in them than I would prefer. And it would be just my luck that they'll go into this game and have a horrible calamity of a game like the first Buffalo game where absolutely everything just goes against them (tipped passes getting picked off, etc.) so that people can say it was "god."

Well, if a healthy Pittsburgh had beaten the Broncos, I think you would be in serious trouble, but Denver should return things to normal, but no guarantees in the Super Bowl where your rotten defense will be a problem against those NFC offensive juggernauts if you get past Baltimore.

BeerBaron
01-13-2012, 10:01 AM
Well, if a healthy Pittsburgh had beaten the Broncos, I think you would be in serious trouble, but Denver should return things to normal, but no guarantees in the Super Bowl where your rotten defense will be a problem against those NFC offensive juggernauts if you get past Baltimore.

I think we might be on different pages here. It's the Tebow story I don't like and I'd prefer to see him lose and be done for at least this year asap.

Unfortunately, my confidence in the Patriots with that defense and their recent drought of playoff success is not as high as I would like it to be headed into this game.

ElectricEye
01-13-2012, 10:11 AM
Unfortunately, my confidence in the Patriots with that defense and their recent drought of playoff success is not as high as I would like it to be headed into this game.

I feel that times about a million. No idea why so many Patriots fans feel so good about this game with the way things have gone in the past few weeks. With the way they've exited the past few years, they have to prove to me that they can win in the playoffs again. I think they will, but I'm certainly not betting the farm on it. Too much emotional damage in the playoffs for me lately.

crossroads
01-13-2012, 10:27 AM

The Patriots also had a bit of a cream-puff schedule this year. They may have finished 13-3, but they only played 2 teams that finished above .500, and they lost both games (@Pitt and against the Giants.)

I still fully expect the Broncos to lose (just like I fully expected them to lose last week) but I think there is a very good chance that this game comes down to the final possession. Could turn into one of those "whoever has the ball last wins" type of games...

...either that, or the Patriots come out and blow Denver out. I can realistically see both scenarios playing out, especially since (unlike last week) this week Denver's the team that's banged up and missing a few key starters.

BeerBaron
01-13-2012, 10:28 AM
I feel that times about a million. No idea why so many Patriots fans feel so good about this game with the way things have gone in the past few weeks. With the way they've exited the past few years, they have to prove to me that they can win in the playoffs again. I think they will, but I'm certainly not betting the farm on it. Too much emotional damage in the playoffs for me lately.

I don't really have anything more intelligent to say, but know that I'm scared.

And here's the part where you say:

"Bull ****. You ain't afraid of no man."

And then I say:

"There's something out there waiting for us, and it ain't no man. We're all gonna die."

I'm also listening to video game music and this came on, putting me in a depressed mood:

T7bE3hUwylQ

If Tebow wins a Superbowl I'm quitting football. I'm quitting all sports. I'm done. A lifetime of watching and observing, trying to learn all I can, only to have it prove meaningless because "god" is a factor in games. I'm quitting it.

I'll use my time to do some more fiction writing. Try to be more productive with my life. Maybe it would be a sign for me, to turn me off of football so I use my time more wisely. That's how I'll justify it.

Giantsfan1080
01-13-2012, 10:43 AM
ESPN made 160 Tebow reference in 1 hour according to Deadspin.

LonghornsLegend
01-13-2012, 10:52 AM
Have the Pats won a playoff game since Brady tore up his knee?

Giantsfan1080
01-13-2012, 10:55 AM
Have the Pats won a playoff game since Brady tore up his knee?

No they haven't won a playoff game since the AFC Championship game in 2007.

DBNYDP
01-13-2012, 11:25 AM
Giants
Texans
49ers
Broncos

Those are my winners this week. I don't care all that much for the Baltimore-Houston game, but I think the other three are going to be pretty good games. I'm predicting a decently high scoring game in Foxborough. 49ers I think are going to play really well against the Saints, and match up really well with the Saints. I'm really excited to see how that great defense versus a great offense game works out. Giants are a hot team and I expect them to really take it to the Packers, it is going to be interesting game, I really want to see how the Giants pass rush effect Rodgers. Before the Chiefs, the Giants were the closest team to beating the Packers, I think they have a really good shot of winning this game. Really excited for this weekend.

SuperPacker
01-13-2012, 11:39 AM
Packers
49ers
Ravens
Patriots

Hope the Packers shut everyone up that thinks the Giants are going to win.

scottyboy
01-13-2012, 11:58 AM
Packers
49ers
Ravens
Patriots

Hope the Packers shut everyone up that thinks the Giants are going to win.

are you really pulling out the underdog role as the packers? like, for serious? people are speculating the Giants may win because of the hotstreak they're on and because everyone like underdogs. How is it "shutting people up?"

cue the "u mad" gifs and pics.

or I could be like "packers r over rated, can't wait til JPP takes teh discount double check and shoves it in Rodgers' ass lolz"

and BJ Raji is the one running his mouth already, so this whole "packers vs the world" thing is getting lame and old

BeerBaron
01-13-2012, 12:00 PM
are you really pulling out the underdog role as the packers? like, for serious? people are speculating the Giants may win because of the hotstreak they're on and because everyone like underdogs. How is it "shutting people up?"

or I could be like "packers r over rated, can't wait til JPP takes teh discount double check and shoves it in Rodgers' ass lolz"

and BJ Raji is the one running his mouth already, so this whole "packers vs the world" thing is getting lame and old

What do you really expect from the most insulated fanbase on Earth?

scottyboy
01-13-2012, 12:03 PM
What do you really expect from the most insulated fanbase on Earth?

idk, I mean I like and respect a fair amount of the packers posters here but some are just like...brutal.

and my brother is a packer fan. I went to Lambeau. It was ******* awesome. Some of the people we met were old timers and they ruled and were awesome people.

but those people we met probably don't know how to use the internet, so I think it's this younger generation of packer fans that make them annoying.

but I'm a Giants fan and we have one of the most annoying, ignorant and stubborn fan bases around (outside of this board, of course). So I'm not really one to talk

BeerBaron
01-13-2012, 12:08 PM
idk, I mean I like and respect a fair amount of the packers posters here but some are just like...brutal.

and my brother is a packer fan. I went to Lambeau. It was ******* awesome. Some of the people we met were old timers and they ruled and were awesome people.

but those people we met probably don't know how to use the internet, so I think it's this younger generation of packer fans that make them annoying.

but I'm a Giants fan and we have one of the most annoying, ignorant and stubborn fan bases around (outside of this board, of course). So I'm not really one to talk

"Around here" it's usually not as bad as with the IRL "casual" fans. Those guys are ******* retardos. I have to grit my teeth and turn my music way up whenever people around me at work are talking about football lest I punch some idiot in the face.

But yes, somehow, like two people "picking" the Giants to win makes the Packers underdogs in this game. Somehow. Their insane troll logic means that because not everyone everywhere ever is picking the Packers to win, they are underdogs. Because the Giants are given a shot, the Packers are underdogs.

I'm having a hard time coming to grips with the state of the NFL right now, so you'll have to excuse my harshness.

scottyboy
01-13-2012, 12:14 PM
"Around here" it's usually not as bad as with the IRL "casual" fans. Those guys are ******* retardos. I have to grit my teeth and turn my music way up whenever people around me at work are talking about football lest I punch some idiot in the face.

But yes, somehow, like two people "picking" the Giants to win makes the Packers underdogs in this game. Somehow. Their insane troll logic means that because not everyone everywhere ever is picking the Packers to win, they are underdogs. Because the Giants are given a shot, the Packers are underdogs.

I'm having a hard time coming to grips with the state of the NFL right now, so you'll have to excuse my harshness.

Tebow
Yates
Alex Smith

just think of that BB, those could be 3 of the starting QB's in the conference championship games.

IT'S JUST A JOKE STAY AWAY FROM SHARP OBJECTS BB

BeerBaron
01-13-2012, 12:15 PM
Tebow
Yates
Alex Smith

just think of that BB, those could be 3 of the starting QB's in the conference championship games.

IT'S JUST A JOKE STAY AWAY FROM SHARP OBJECTS BB

It would only be fitting that the 4th in that situation is Rodgers then.

PackerLegend
01-13-2012, 12:27 PM
Go Tebowzzzz

Go Pack obviously. Can't wait for Sunday, somewhat worried but rightfully confident we should win. We need to get back at Giants for ruining our trip to the SB in 07-08. Should be a great game.

Giantsfan1080
01-13-2012, 12:28 PM
I don't remember a year when the difference between the good QB's and bad QB's in the playoffs were so large. Tebow, Yates, and Smith compared to Brady, Brees, and Rodgers. Talk about a large gap.

scottyboy
01-13-2012, 12:30 PM
the qb's are:
Rodgers
Brees
Brady

Eli (just one space because I feel he's elite, so deal with it)

Flacco

Smith

and well, I'm not going to separate yates and tebow. I truly don't know who I'd rather have. so they're down here. somewhere

abaddon41_80
01-13-2012, 12:49 PM
Smith > Flaccid, tbqh.

Iamcanadian
01-13-2012, 12:51 PM
The only questionable game for me is the Giants/Green Bay game, the other winners are a forgone conclusion: NE, NO and Baltimore although just maybe San Fran might surprise.

I look for the Giants to beat GB but will have a tough time under the dome in NO.

GB vs the Giants = New York, in a hard fought game but I won't put money on my decision.

NO's vs San Fran = NO, in another hard fought game but I just don't think Smith is up to the task just yet.

NE in an easy win over Denver. This isn't a completely damaged top flight team like Pittsburgh was. The reality comes home to Tebow fans.

Houston vs Baltimore = Baltimore in an easy win as Yates comes back to reality and Houston gets beaten badly.

SuperPacker
01-13-2012, 01:32 PM

I guarantee if it was the Saints playing the Giants everyone would be bumming the Saints saying the Giants had no chance!

EDIT: Iamcanadian sums it up perfectly. All the other games are "foregone conclusions" but the only game thats questionable is when the 15-1 Packers play the 9-7 Giants (at home)

Jughead10
01-13-2012, 01:36 PM
I guarantee if it was the Saints playing the Giants everyone would be bumming the Saints saying the Giants had no chance!

If it was in New Orleans yes, we would have no chance. I don't think anyone can beat them in that building. To look at this objectively as possible, we lost on a last second fg to you guys. Anyone who has watched the Giants, I think can admit we are playing MUCH better than we were when we lost that game. Do you feel the same way about the Packers play since that time? The bye also gets a negative reaction these days. I think that is why you are saying a decent amount of people pick the Giants.

LonghornsLegend

Actually, no, they wouldn't. The "woe is me" argument from you guys is super lame, and really old. You act like your playing a high school team. So what if people are picking the Giants. This is a team that just won the SB not that long ago, and for the most part this team is better then that team that beat an undefeated 18-0 Patriots team.

Does any of that mean they'll win? No, of course not. But stop acting like people are out of their mind for picking them to win. It's the NFL playoffs. And frankly a lot more people are rolling with the Packers.

And since you brought up the Saints, I've seen an extremely large number of people picking the Niners. So what's your excuse for that one? You guys are just spoiled and can't even help it anymore.

scottyboy

probably because the saints face ****** us in the regular season and we played you guys damn well and lost by 3. and are now on a string of victories. so while this statement is correct, your using it as justification to whine about people picking the giants over the packers and not saying you guys are the best and it's a foregone conclusion that you'll win, is incorrect

scottyboy
01-13-2012, 01:37 PM
Smith > Flaccid, tbqh.

ehhh. Flacco launching bombs to Torrey works. And I like Alex Smith, nice guy, met him this morning when he picked my brother up for school

BeerBaron
01-13-2012, 01:38 PM
In my thoughts thread this week I made sure to point out that I believe the Packers and Saints are definitely favorites, but I pointed out that I wouldn't be shocked if the Giants and 49ers won.

That's very different from "picking" them.

scottyboy
01-13-2012, 01:40 PM
In my thoughts thread this week I made sure to point out that I believe the Packers and Saints are definitely favorites, but I pointed out that I wouldn't be shocked if the Giants and 49ers won.

That's very different from "picking" them.

UR JUST A BEARS HOMER LOLZ U JUST HATE TEH PACK CUZ UR JEALOUS

packers are favorite and rightfully so. If we lose, I won't be surprised. If we win, I'll be elated and slightly surprised, but not stunned

BeerBaron
01-13-2012, 01:42 PM
UR JUST A BEARS HOMER LOLZ U JUST HATE TEH PACK CUZ UR JEALOUS

packers are favorite and rightfully so. If we lose, I won't be surprised. If we win, I'll be elated and slightly surprised, but not stunned

BUT THEY WANT TO BE THE UNDERDOG GOD DAMMIT!!

No one likes being the hunted. It's far better to go in as the hunter.

SuperPacker
01-13-2012, 01:44 PM
probably because the saints face ****** us in the regular season and we played you guys damn well and lost by 3. and are now on a string of victories. so while this statement is correct, your using it as justification to whine about people picking the giants over the packers and not saying you guys are the best and it's a foregone conclusion that you'll win, is incorrect

Im not saying im sure we're going to win but its just annoying when your team is doing well and all you hear is "there might be an upset", "the giants have a chance to win!". Seems like people are forgetting the Packers are playing as well. Thats all.

LonghornsLegend
01-13-2012, 01:48 PM
Im not saying im sure we're going to win but its just annoying when your team is doing well and all you hear is "there might be an upset", "the giants have a chance to win!". Seems like people are forgetting the Packers are playing as well. Thats all.

Well holy ******* hell, I can't believe the audacity of some people, saying the Giants have a CHANCE to win the game? What is this world turning into? I demand we rush the streets with pitchforks. You with me?

scottyboy

it's annoying to hear that your team has a possibility of losing? oh my. you might want to stop following sports then.

and also realize that espn was allllll up on the packers schlong during the regular season. but it must be painful to realize your team has a shot at losing and won't be just handed the lombardi trophy.

you're also like what? 7 point favorites? come on now. how are people forgetting?

BeerBaron

Yeah. People are saying they have a chance because they do have a ******* chance.

The Packers sport one of the statistically worst defenses in the league while the Giants are peaking at the perfect time. And this same core Giants team once beat the undefeated Patriots in the post season after losing a close game during the regular season.

Add it all up and it gives the Giants a chance. Do you really want everyone to go around saying that the Packers are absolutely going to win this game and the Giants will be lucky to keep them out of triple digit points?

The Giants have a ******* chance. End of discussion.

TimmG6376
01-13-2012, 01:53 PM

You have to understand that ESPN, NFL Network, etc, are all interested in creating storylines. The "15-1 Packers favored over Giants" storyline is not nearly as interesting to the general public as "15-1 Packers prime for upset vs red hot Giants".

I try to keep that in mind when listening to the commentary.

BeerBaron
01-13-2012, 01:54 PM
You have to understand that ESPN, NFL Network, etc, are all interested in creating storylines. The "15-1 Packers favored over Giants" storyline is not nearly as interesting to the general public as "15-1 Packers prime for upset vs red hot Giants".

I try to keep that in mind when listening to the commentary.

So you're just dismissing the Giants having a "chance" as media propaganda too?

BradysKnee
01-13-2012, 01:56 PM

Seems like people are forgetting the Giants are playing well and could very well win. I actually think they will.

Geez I thought us pats fans were bad lol.

scottyboy
01-13-2012, 01:57 PM
ok, we have to all stop this giants upset talk because it's making me nervous and nauseous and anxious and a little 'stitiuous.

BeerBaron
01-13-2012, 01:58 PM
ok, we have to all stop this giants upset talk because it's making me nervous and nauseous and anxious and a little 'stitiuous.

No Scotty, clearly, according to Packer fans, the Giants are in fact the FAVORITES! And it may be just be media propaganda too.

TimmG6376
01-13-2012, 01:58 PM
So you're just dismissing the Giants having a "chance" as media propaganda too?

No, they have a chance. The common theme seems to be that this isn't the same Giants team that the Pack beat earlier. Well, the Pack had injuries too and will finally have the starting offensive line back together for the first time since week 3 or something like that. Also, were missing two ILBs and Woodson for part of the game. So it isn't really the same Packers team either. That seems to be glossed over in most of the coverage I've seen.

The Giants will be a test. I'm hoping now that it is win or go home our defense will show up a little better than they have.

ElectricEye
01-13-2012, 02:03 PM
Turning the page a bit from outraged Packerzzz fans who can't accept that the Giants may win a football game;

I live about ten minutes away from Gillette Stadium. This is the windiest day we've had in a good while around here. The forecast for tomorrow is for a similarly windy day, in addition to some very cold weather(below zero with the wind chill). It well could be a factor in how the evening goes tomorrow, but I'm not really concerned about it our end. We haven't been a team that's looked to push the ball deep a whole lot with the limited receiver core we've had. It's mostly short and mid-range type passes with the occasional shot down the field to Gronk. I think it well could end up adversely effecting what Denver is able to do if they want to push the ball down the field like they did in the Steelers game. Tebow certainly doesn't have the reputation for throwing a perfect spiral consistently either.

SuperPacker
01-13-2012, 02:05 PM
Yeah. People are saying they have a chance because they do have a ******* chance.

The Packers sport one of the statistically worst defenses in the league while the Giants are peaking at the perfect time. And this same core Giants team once beat the undefeated Patriots in the post season after losing a close game during the regular season.

Add it all up and it gives the Giants a chance. Do you really want everyone to go around saying that the Packers are absolutely going to win this game and the Giants will be lucky to keep them out of triple digit points?

The Giants have a ******* chance. End of discussion.

Totally missed the point of my argument. I think the Giants have a chance of winning, course they do. What i said was that its annoying that everyone is focusing completely on the Giants and non on the Packers.

SuperPacker
01-13-2012, 02:06 PM
Turning the page a bit from outraged Packerzzz fans who can't accept that the Giants may win a football game;

I live about ten minutes away from Gillette Stadium. This is the windiest day we've had in a good while around here. The forecast for tomorrow is for a similarly windy day, in addition to some very cold weather(below zero with the wind chill). It well could be a factor in how the evening goes tomorrow, but I'm not really concerned about it our end. We haven't been a team that's looked to push the ball deep a whole lot with the limited receiver core we've had. It's mostly short and mid-range type passes with the occasional shot down the field to Gronk. I think it well could end up adversely effecting what Denver is able to do if they want to push the ball down the field like they did in the Steelers game. Tebow certainly doesn't have the reputation for throwing a perfect spiral consistently either.

Again, missed the point of my argument.

BeerBaron
01-13-2012, 02:06 PM

Massive understatement.

crossroads
01-13-2012, 02:16 PM
Totally missed the point of my argument. I think the Giants have a chance of winning, course they do. What i said was that its annoying that everyone is focusing completely on the Giants and non on the Packers.

To be fair, what else can be said about the Packers that hasn't been covered 10,000 times already this season?

BradysKnee
01-13-2012, 02:19 PM

Learn to communicate your words better.

SuperPacker
01-13-2012, 02:20 PM
Learn to communicate your words better.

Learn to read properly.

BeerBaron
01-13-2012, 02:21 PM
Learn to read properly.

I find it unlikely that a good 6 or7 people, all at once, failed to "read it properly."

BradysKnee
01-13-2012, 02:22 PM
I find it unlikely that a good 6 or7 people, all at once, failed to "read it properly."

Exactly. Don't be an ass.

TimmG6376
01-13-2012, 02:25 PM
To be fair, what else can be said about the Packers that hasn't been covered 10,000 times already this season?

That's kind of what I was getting at. I'm not getting too upset about the coverage. For one, I'm sure the coverage of the Giants right now is not unlike the coverage of the Packers this time last year. The Pack is #1 seed, 15-1, blah blah. The general public is much more interested in the underdog story. I get that and so do the networks.

BloodBrother
01-13-2012, 02:25 PM
If it was in New Orleans yes, we would have no chance. I don't think anyone can beat them in that building. To look at this objectively as possible, we lost on a last second fg to you guys. Anyone who has watched the Giants, I think can admit we are playing MUCH better than we were when we lost that game. Do you feel the same way about the Packers play since that time? The bye also gets a negative reaction these days. I think that is why you are saying a decent amount of people pick the Giants.

Packers were 8-0 at home and averaged 40 ppg. They have been pretty damn unbeatable at home in the last few years in general. The week 13 game has little meaning(IMO) since both teams had guys out who will be playing and the game was @ NY. Pretty significant difference, here. It's nice to look back on but I don't think it matters much

Giants are playing better no doubt. I don't know exactly what difference Fewell made with the D...something about simplifying things and what not + guys getting healthy. Maybe some other things but that's been the gist of what I've read

In any case, both teams have their injury reports out and all the main guys are probable. Should be a good game

ElectricEye
01-13-2012, 02:31 PM

You didn't have an "argument". What you actually had was a lame gripe about media coverage nobody cares about.

SuperPacker
01-13-2012, 02:31 PM

I started it with "im not saying im sure we're going to win".

Can you tell me how that says i think the Giants have no chance?

Iamcanadian
01-13-2012, 02:33 PM
That's kind of what I was getting at. I'm not getting too upset about the coverage. For one, I'm sure the coverage of the Giants right now is not unlike the coverage of the Packers this time last year. The Pack is #1 seed, 15-1, blah blah. The general public is much more interested in the underdog story. I get that and so do the networks.

Especially if the underdogs are a New York team. NY is the center of the media and it will always get talked up more than it deserves, although I believe with the development of Pierre-Paul, the Giants have a real shot at beating GB since their offense is potent and GB is so vulnerable on defense.
When you rank at the bottom like NE and GB does on defense, an upset is always a real possibility.

Jughead10
01-13-2012, 02:35 PM
Especially if the underdogs are a New York team. NY is the center of the media and it will always get talked up more than it deserves, although I believe with the development of Pierre-Paul, the Giants have a real shot at beating GB since their offense is potent and GB is so vulnerable on defense.
When you rank at the bottom like NE and GB does on defense, an upset is always a real possibility.

I'm not sure its the NY media. They rip the Giants plenty and give them no shot plenty of times. I think the main factor in the optimism is that we have done it before. People/media didn't give us a chance like this at Dallas and at GB 4 years ago. But because of that, they are now.

V.I.P
01-13-2012, 02:37 PM
I want Tebow to win the SuperBowl, because..... it will be funny

Giantsfan1080
01-13-2012, 02:37 PM
The NY media has fired Coughlin about ten times over the last eight years. They aren't a loyal bunch.

datchapin
01-13-2012, 04:06 PM
Its kinda frustrating to see how the Ravens/Texans game is treated by alot of people as a foregone conclusion. We played earlier in the season and the score may look lopsided, but the game was not that lopsided. As with most games a few critical plays and officiating could have produced a much different outcome. I'm not bitching because on that sunday the Ravens were a better team. However this Sunday is a different story.

Everyone assumes that we're at a disadvantage because we have a 3rd string QB behind center. Most often times I would agree, but Yates has showed he has some poise in the pocket as well as a little bit of escapeability. Lets not forget that our O-line is a solid asset of the team. I think this Yates angle is being overplayed.

Putting that aside these two teams are very similar. Both have top-ranking defenses, studs at running back, and can move the ball through the air if needed. In my opinion this is one of the games that can go either way. Am I saying my teams gonna win for sure? No, but I am saying they have a very good shot. Whatever the results it should be one of the better games in the playoffs.

LonghornsLegend
01-13-2012, 04:09 PM
Well, how the game is viewed wouldn't matter to me as long as my team won. But if your honest with yourself, why would you "expect" TJ Yates to lead a team to a road playoff victory vs a defense like the Ravens? Playoff wins are hard to come by as it is, let alone as a rookie, on the road, vs a vaunted defense.

If he plays within himself, the Texans have a good enough team to make it work and pull it off, but I think it would be highly unlikely. I'm more upset then anything that Schaub and Mario are still knocked out. For me Houston was clearly the best team in the AFC and this was a good SB run type of year, still could be, but now they are playing crippled on offense when Schaub could open things up for Foster alot easier.

Bengalsrocket
01-13-2012, 04:12 PM
I don't think anyone expects the Texans or Ravens to win the Superbowl, that's why they're getting no attention right now.

scottyboy
01-13-2012, 04:14 PM
The NY media has fired Coughlin about ten times over the last eight years. They aren't a loyal bunch.

I think they fired him 10 times this season alone.

and yeah, it's Yates v Flacco

I'm actually a big Ravens believer. I like the make up of that team and they could make a run. If Schaub and Mario were healthy, it'd be one helluva matchup

SuperPacker
01-13-2012, 04:16 PM
I don't think anyone expects the Texans or Ravens to win the Superbowl, that's why they're getting no attention right now.

I think Ravens vs Patriots in the AFC Championship will be a very interesting game.

Brady vs Elite ravens defense

Flacco vs Poor Patriots defense

Im going back and forth between who i think will win that one.

ElectricEye
01-13-2012, 04:23 PM
That Ravens game could be a lot better than the forgone conclusion people seem to think it is. I don't trust Yates, but I'm certainly not a big believer in Flacco and the Ravens putting up much more than 20 on that Texans defense. Houston could win a type of game like that if they get a turnover or two.

SuperPacker
01-13-2012, 04:29 PM
That Ravens game could be a lot better than the forgone conclusion people seem to think it is. I don't trust Yates, but I'm certainly not a big believer in Flacco and the Ravens putting up much more than 20 on that Texans defense. Houston could win a type of game like that if they get a turnover or two.

I'd have more faith in Flacco vs the Texans defense than Yates vs the Ravens defense.

datchapin
01-13-2012, 04:37 PM
Well, how the game is viewed wouldn't matter to me as long as my team won. But if your honest with yourself, why would you "expect" TJ Yates to lead a team to a road playoff victory vs a defense like the Ravens? Playoff wins are hard to come by as it is, let alone as a rookie, on the road, vs a vaunted defense.

If he plays within himself, the Texans have a good enough team to make it work and pull it off, but I think it would be highly unlikely. I'm more upset then anything that Schaub and Mario are still knocked out. For me Houston was clearly the best team in the AFC and this was a good SB run type of year, still could be, but now they are playing crippled on offense when Schaub could open things up for Foster alot easier.

I'm upset with having lost Mario, yes, but injuries are a part of the game so it's not worth my time to beat myself up about who we lost. I'm not so upset about Schaub. I've watched the guy since he came to Houston and the only thing he really has over Yates is familiarity with the system. Each week, Yates as the starter he has shown some improvement. He benefits from a very QB friendly system which Kubiak has implemented and is becoming familiar with AJ a sorely missed weapon that we did not have in the first match-up. The thing is we set up the pass with the run not the other way around. We have not had much success when we play the other way around. Similar to the Ravens when we don't rush as much our chances of success diminish.

True Yates is a rookie and he will make mistakes here and there, but so did Schaub, and Flacco is just as capable of caving under pressure. We don't need Yates to be stellar to win the game, we just need him to not f the heck up, and make a few plays when needed. Hes shown he can do that in the past and showed it last week. So yeah, I'm comfy with yates.

Ness
01-13-2012, 05:11 PM
I'd have more faith in Flacco vs the Texans defense than Yates vs the Ravens defense.

I don't think Kubiak is going to have Yates try to be the main reason to win the game against the Ravens though.

Cam Cameron on the other hand might get trigger happy and have Flacco sling it left and right...which could result in a loss against a Texans defense that is pretty good.

Ness
01-13-2012, 05:16 PM
Its kinda frustrating to see how the Ravens/Texans game is treated by alot of people as a foregone conclusion. We played earlier in the season and the score may look lopsided, but the game was not that lopsided. As with most games a few critical plays and officiating could have produced a much different outcome. I'm not bitching because on that sunday the Ravens were a better team. However this Sunday is a different story.

Everyone assumes that we're at a disadvantage because we have a 3rd string QB behind center. Most often times I would agree, but Yates has showed he has some poise in the pocket as well as a little bit of escapeability. Lets not forget that our O-line is a solid asset of the team. I think this Yates angle is being overplayed.

Putting that aside these two teams are very similar. Both have top-ranking defenses, studs at running back, and can move the ball through the air if needed. In my opinion this is one of the games that can go either way. Am I saying my teams gonna win for sure? No, but I am saying they have a very good shot. Whatever the results it should be one of the better games in the playoffs.
I think this game will be pretty close entering the fourth quarter at least. I could just see the Ravens crumbling for some reason. If that running game somehow gets on track, they have a decent chance to win the game. Also, if that defense puts a good amount of pressure on Flacco, which I could easily see happening. If they are smart they'll just hand the ball off to Ray Rice and let him work his magic.

SuperPacker
01-13-2012, 05:21 PM
I think this game will be pretty close entering the fourth quarter at least. I could just see the Ravens crumbling for some reason. If that running game somehow gets on track, they have a decent chance to win the game. Also, if that defense puts a good amount of pressure on Flacco, which I could easily see happening. If they are smart they'll just hand the ball off to Ray Rice and let him work his magic.

I agree its gonna be a good game but i just cant see a TJ Yates lead Texans offense putting more than 10 points on the board and throwing less than 2 INTs.

Jvig43
01-13-2012, 07:13 PM

Anything other than Ray Rice vs the Texans defense is going to be a disaster for the Ravens, and with cameron calling the shots * insert cam cameron joke about not using Ray Rice.

A Perfect Score
01-13-2012, 07:20 PM
Anything other than Ray Rice vs the Texans defense is going to be a disaster for the Ravens, and with cameron calling the shots * insert cam cameron joke about not using Ray Rice.

Don't joke, that's a serious matter sir. Cam Cameron need to put on his special person helmet and make sure he doesn't do anything stupid on Sunday.

BeerBaron
01-13-2012, 07:26 PM
Don't joke, that's a serious matter sir. Cam Cameron need to put on his special person helmet and make sure he doesn't do anything stupid on Sunday.

40 yard bombs to Boldin who is double covered with no separation! Using the TEs to do nothing but block! Ricky Williams!!

Gotta look like an offensive genius. Those head coaching positions are filling fast!

A Perfect Score
01-13-2012, 07:28 PM
40 yard bombs to Boldin who is double covered with no separation! Using the TEs to do nothing but block! Ricky Williams!!

Gotta look like an offensive genius. Those head coaching positions are filling fast!

Actually Boldin had his way with Jon Joseph in the first meeting. Hopefully he has the same kind of success this time around. We really need someone in this WR corps to step up big.

scottyboy
01-13-2012, 07:35 PM
ray rice needs to touch the ball 25-30 times. 22 carries, 5 catches. over 200 total yards. it's the formula for success

DraftSavant
01-13-2012, 07:36 PM
Actually Boldin had his way with Jon Joseph in the first meeting. Hopefully he has the same kind of success this time around. We really need someone in this WR corps to step up big.

I thought you meant "corpse" and forgot Houshmanzadeh and Mason retired.

BeerBaron
01-13-2012, 07:39 PM
ray rice needs to touch the ball 25-30 times. 22 carries, 5 catches. over 200 total yards. it's the formula for success

Yeah, the Texans defense is pretty good...I think that's a stretch for yardage. 25 overall touches for 100+ total yards would probably be adequate if the Ravens defense shows up.

Mufasa
01-13-2012, 07:44 PM
I want Tebow to win the SuperBowl, because..... it will be funny

I'm enjoying this whole Tebow thing quite a bit. I find it amusing how such a terrible QB keeps winning. If he wins a Super Bowl it will be unbearable though. The people who really think he's good will never shut the hell up since they can point to the fact that he has a Super Bowl win.

dannyz
01-13-2012, 07:52 PM
I'm enjoying this whole Tebow thing quite a bit. I find it amusing how such a terrible QB keeps winning. If he wins a Super Bowl it will be unbearable though. The people who really think he's good will never shut the hell up since they can point to the fact that he has a Super Bowl win.

I want him to look like complete Trash and get killed Tomorrow and at the Press conference he pull the Ultimate Troll Face and is like I cheated you out of getting a Real QB Denver good Luck sucking for the next Decade.

SuperPacker
01-13-2012, 07:52 PM

Hes a running back...

yodabear
01-13-2012, 10:37 PM
SAINTS 27 @ 49ers 17
Broncos 20 @ PATRIOTS 38

Texans 13 @ RAVENS 17
Giants 27 @ PACKERS 41

Sloopy
01-13-2012, 11:18 PM

I wouldn't go that far, I think the Ravens have as good of a chance as anyone in a weak AFC playoff bracket. Same can be said for the Texans.

Bengalsrocket
01-13-2012, 11:29 PM
I wouldn't go that far, I think the Ravens have as good of a chance as anyone in a weak AFC playoff bracket. Same can be said for the Texans.

I would expect both the Ravens and Texans to have a better shot than the Broncos, personally. But I think on a national scale, most people either want Tim Tebow to make it or believe the Patriots are going to win.

These guys have a lot more appeal to them from a media stand point as well. Tom Brady is the 6th rounder, former under dog who's now destined for the Hall of Fame as he sets out for his 4th ring and 5th appareance.

And Tebow is the new under dog that nobody believes in, he's polarizing with his religious beliefs and ability on the field and most importantly people actually believe God is somehow favoring him on Sundays.

The Ravens? oh they run the ball well and play good defense. It's not even a new story, they've run the ball and played good defense for several years now.

The Texans have an okay story, because this is their first time in the play offs. But they don't have any individuals on their team with a story like Brady or Tebow.

Giantsfan1080
01-13-2012, 11:47 PM
Ray Rice will have 150+ total yards on Sunday.

dannyz
01-14-2012, 01:18 AM
I would Rather have the Ravens or Texans win the Super Bowl than the Broncos. Maybe some People like Tebow but with the way the Media is Forcing it down our throat I think more people will end up hating him then liking him. I didn't hate Tebow coming out of College but thought the media made him a 1ST Round Pick and I would not be made right now but with the Constant talk of him it makes me sick, I know I am talking about him right now but when an announcer is like we went 15 Minutes without mentioning him and then talk about it for an hour it makes me mad.

Ness
01-14-2012, 01:21 AM
Hmm...I can hear some recorded rap song version with Jim Harbaugh's "Who's Got It Better Than Us Nobody" through somebody's car bumping outside my window in the midst of downtown San Francisco.

LonghornsLegend
01-14-2012, 04:59 AM
Saints v Niners is gonna be so fun to watch. I'm curious who is going to be forced to play the other teams style of play, and who will be better at it. Are the Niners going to slow down the pace of the game, or are the Saints going to speed things up?

Alex Smith is also going to have to make more then a couple throws to win this game also, so will be nice to see if he can elevate his play. I think this is his first playoff game, and regardless of how SF likes to play I'm certain he'll have to do more then just manage this game to beat Brees.

Sloopy
01-14-2012, 10:44 AM
I would expect both the Ravens and Texans to have a better shot than the Broncos, personally. But I think on a national scale, most people either want Tim Tebow to make it or believe the Patriots are going to win.

These guys have a lot more appeal to them from a media stand point as well. Tom Brady is the 6th rounder, former under dog who's now destined for the Hall of Fame as he sets out for his 4th ring and 5th appareance.

And Tebow is the new under dog that nobody believes in, he's polarizing with his religious beliefs and ability on the field and most importantly people actually believe God is somehow favoring him on Sundays.

The Ravens? oh they run the ball well and play good defense. It's not even a new story, they've run the ball and played good defense for several years now.

The Texans have an okay story, because this is their first time in the play offs. But they don't have any individuals on their team with a story like Brady or Tebow.

I see where your going with this. I thought you meant they didn't have a chance; but yes the media doesn't care about their story.

I imagine if the Tebows go out and somehow lose, you will get a pretty nice split with people hoping that the Texans first playoff appearance ends with a SB win.

SuperPacker
01-14-2012, 11:47 AM
Which game is on first tonight?

Sloopy
01-14-2012, 11:49 AM

New Orleans @ San Fran 4:30

Pat Sims 90
01-14-2012, 11:50 AM

New Orleans vs San Francisco

SuperPacker
01-14-2012, 11:57 AM
New Orleans vs San Francisco

Oh thats good. I thought it would be on later so i'd miss it.

Saints/49ers is gonna be an awesome game!

Matthew Jones
01-14-2012, 12:11 PM
Go Patriots! Time to start putting together some playoff wins!

Punisher
01-14-2012, 12:25 PM
I hope for a respectable game today out of Denver. Hopefully we can get pressure on Brady and keep Gronk and Hernandez to respectable numbers.

Tebow... well I don't know what to expect.

I feel as if this game will either be really close to the wire or a complete blowout by the Patriots.

Whatever happens though, I'm very proud of the Broncos. A team favored to be in the Andrew Luck conversation has even got this far? Colored me surprised

mqtirishfan
01-14-2012, 03:21 PM
How does Frank Caliendo still have a job?

MetSox17
01-14-2012, 03:21 PM
Frank Caliendo needs to die in a fire.

Ness
01-14-2012, 03:22 PM
Just a few minutes until showtime. Quite nervous.

MetSox17
01-14-2012, 03:24 PM
The Niners better not ******* lose. I hate the god damn saints.

BradysKnee
01-14-2012, 03:25 PM
I was pretty on the Saints train earlier, but the more I look at it I think the 9ers have a real shot.

Ness
01-14-2012, 03:27 PM
Wow Candlestick is packed.

Ness
01-14-2012, 03:28 PM
Damn. All I want is this one. Just this first one.

Raiderz4Life
01-14-2012, 03:29 PM
LETS GO LADIES!!! Game time

I'm rooting for the Saints in this one just because I don't wanna hear **** from my dad.

ElectricEye
01-14-2012, 03:32 PM
Do you like Huey Lewis and the News?

hawkeye123
Oh boy i am nervous

Ness
Huey Lewis and the News. Lifelong 49ers fan. Great to see him.

Ness
01-14-2012, 03:33 PM
Wow that stadium hasn't been this loud in years.

gsorace
01-14-2012, 03:33 PM
http://cdn2.screenjunkies.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/american-psycho-375x247-300x197.jpg

Giantsfan1080
01-14-2012, 03:34 PM
I have the 49'ers +9 in my teaser. Let's do this SF!!

Mufasa
01-14-2012, 03:35 PM
So much for that outdoor weather advantage. 62 degrees, christ.

hawkeye123
01-14-2012, 03:36 PM
Shut these guys down D

Bucs147
01-14-2012, 03:36 PM
Do you like Huey Lewis and the News?

Their early work was a little too new wave for my tastes, but when Sports came out in '83, I think they really came into their own, commercially and artistically... The whole album has a clear, crisp sound, and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives the songs a big boost. He's been compared to Elvis Costello, but I think Huey has a far much more bitter, cynical sense of humor.

Brodeur
01-14-2012, 03:38 PM
Their early work was a little too new wave for my tastes, but when Sports came out in '83, I think they really came into their own, commercially and artistically... The whole album has a clear, crisp sound, and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives the songs a big boost. He's been compared to Elvis Costello, but I think Huey has a far much more bitter, cynical sense of humor.

http://gifs.gifbin.com/sw75344032.gif

BradysKnee
01-14-2012, 03:40 PM
******** call.

MetSox17
Wow, what a bad call.

Giantsfan1080
Terrible call. Let them play.

Raiderz4Life
NOLA can't lose Graham

Ness
01-14-2012, 03:41 PM
Pass interference? That's such ********.

hawkeye123
get the **** outta here

Scotty D
Welcome to playing the Saints in the playoffs.

Giantsfan1080
Moose also wrong as usual. He doesn't have to turn.

Brodeur
Refs helping New Orleans? What a shocking development.

Mufasa

BradysKnee
What's wrong with officials this year FFS.

Raiderz4Life
Refs helping New Orleans? What a shocking development.

FFS Brody stop crying.

BradysKnee
01-14-2012, 03:42 PM
lkjnlknlkklmlkm

He wasn't faceguarding he was chasing.

Brodeur
FFS Brody stop crying.

I haven't said anything since last week, but if you want to continue ignoring the fact that the refs tend to favor New Orleans go ahead.

Basileus777
Carlos Rogers, bad time to revert to stone hands.

Ness
01-14-2012, 03:43 PM
If they threw another flag I would have been pissed.

BradysKnee
Can't drop those in a game like this.

Giantsfan1080
It doesn't even matter, face guarding isn't a penalty.

Jvig43
Refs aren't helping anyone, this is just the way the NFL is now.

BradysKnee
01-14-2012, 03:44 PM
It doesn't even matter, face guarding isn't a penalty.

I didn't think so either until a few weeks ago when Ninkovich got called for PI for faceguarding lol.

MetSox17
01-14-2012, 03:45 PM
Holy **** these 9ers safeties can hit. That was a fumble, too.

Mufasa
Nice hit Whitner

hawkeye123
Holy **** thats what im ******* talking about!!!

Rob S
Recovery or not, what a ******* hit.

Giantsfan1080
I didn't think so either until a few weeks ago when Ninkovich got called for PI for faceguarding lol.

Well that ref made a mistake. Also, what great tackling from SF so far. I love this brand of football.

Raiderz4Life
01-14-2012, 03:46 PM
oooooh nice hit by whitner.

Ness
YESSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mufasa
Wow, that is huge

Legacy
YEAH! Score 1 for defense!

stillma7ic
WHOA huge play!

Basileus777
Graham hurt, red zone fumble. Some awful breaks for New Orleans.

JRTPlaya21
My god Whitner!!

Giantsfan1080
That Saint got knocked the F out. He was sleeping while falling to the ground.

MetSox17
lol ******* Whitner looked like he paralyzed Thomas for a few seconds there, what a hit.

Ness
This Is Our House!!!!! Game Time Baby!!!

DBNYDP
Thomas just got lit up.

To me that is just a great defensive play, not really an offensive mishap. Whiter just knocked him out.

Caddy
01-14-2012, 03:47 PM
Way to lead with your shoulder!

PackerLegend
Looks like another concussion to me

lowlife
Thomas made no attempt to even regain the ball, dude was out cold.

asdf1223
01-14-2012, 03:48 PM
Um , Helmet to helmet?

will99890
Wow, huge hit by Whitner. Pierre Thomas was out cold before he hit the ground. Better get checked for a concussion after that one.

Rob S
Former Bill stepping up. I like to see it.

Anyway, I love Brees, but I'm rooting niners solely to support defense's continued relevance in the NFL.

TheFinisher
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/942571_o.gif

djp
If that's not a concussion, I'll be absolutely shocked. He was unconscious.

Ness
01-14-2012, 03:49 PM
Justin Smith on offense. Whoa.

Jvig43
01-14-2012, 03:49 PM
Um , Helmet to helmet?

Shut the **** up, Thomas put his head down. This type of thinking is why we can't have good defense any more.

Ness
01-14-2012, 03:50 PM
Yes! Gore knows what time it is.

Brodeur
Um , Helmet to helmet?

It was incidental if anything.

Rob S
Shut the **** up, Thomas put his head down. This type of thinking is why we can't have good defense any more.

This, this, and more of this.