PDA

View Full Version : Coryell Judie, CB Texas A&M

bigbluedefense
01-11-2012, 01:48 PM
What's the board's thoughts on him as a prospect. I've stumbled onto him last year when scouting Von Miller and became a big fan of his since. I see Scott doesn't have him rated very high, but from the few times I've seen A&M games (I admittedly am not a big college football fan and only watch a couple of games during the year to scout specific players that catch my eye), I really liked what I saw.

He seems fast, he has smooth hips, has good size, good ball skills, was very good in man coverage, could tackle, could sink his hips, he seemed like a very solid CB to me.

Is his problem inconsistency? Has anyone followed him very closely?

ATLDirtyBirds
01-11-2012, 01:54 PM
I like him a lot. Very fluid, rangy, good ball skills. I'm pretty sure he's been plagued by injuries.

princefielder28
01-11-2012, 02:17 PM
I like him a lot. Very fluid, rangy, good ball skills. I'm pretty sure he's been plagued by injuries.

yup

2009: redshirted due to injuries
2010: shoulder surgery
2011: hamstring issues

won't play in Senior Bowl due to wrist injury

bigbluedefense
01-11-2012, 02:19 PM
Hmmm. So he's a gamble. He can be great if healthy but 3 years of health problems are a big red flag.

Big Bird
01-11-2012, 03:23 PM
His ability reminds me a lot of Kelvin Hayden. Different situations, given that Hayden was raw as a Corner coming out. A lot of people had Hayden a lot lower than he ended up getting drafted, but I think people emphasized his lack of experience at the position too much and overlooked how much of an athlete he was.

I like Judie a solid amount (3rd, maybe 2nd if it wasn't for injuries). I like Terrence Frederick more because I believe he is a more complete corner (better at press and more physical), but I think Judie could be a solid starter for a cover 2 team. I think Judie could fit in most schemes that don't ask him to play much bump and run because I don't think that suits his strengths. He would be much better off as a zone corner.