PDA

View Full Version : Jets hire Sparano as Offensive Coordinator

mellojello
01-11-2012, 05:21 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/16825774/jets-hire-sparano-to-as-offensive-coordinator-to-replace-schottenheimer

gpngc
01-11-2012, 05:24 PM
Good luck with one of the top ten most difficult coordinator jobs in pro football. And I don't even think Sparano was ever an OC...

soybean
01-11-2012, 06:12 PM
This meme will probably accurately describe sparano on the job.

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lwdhfysO8u1r6q8bgo1_500.jpg

BaLLiN
01-11-2012, 06:39 PM
Good luck with one of the top ten most difficult coordinator jobs in pro football. And I don't even think Sparano was ever an OC...

I'm pretty sure he was, at least for Dallas.

Hurricanes25
01-11-2012, 06:40 PM
I like the hire. He should get the run game back on track and that's what the Jets are equipped to do.

nepg
01-11-2012, 07:13 PM
Sparano is not an OC... He's an OL coach who was promoted to a HC position because Parcells saw him as a guy who could lead a team. And I thought Sparano was an OK HC, but will likely be a terrible OC.

What a terrible hire for the Jets. Even as a Pats fan, I feel sorry for the fans. Serious downgrade from Brian Schottenheimer, who took way too much heat.

gsorace
01-11-2012, 07:39 PM
I don't really understand this, rumor is that Sporano and Haley were a package deal, I guess the Jets really wanted Haley?

Hurricanes25
01-11-2012, 07:41 PM
I don't really understand this, rumor is that Sporano and Haley were a package deal, I guess the Jets really wanted Haley?

The two have apparently been talking about teaming up the last few weeks so there's a good chance Haley comes as well.

AHungryWalrus
01-11-2012, 08:20 PM
Sparano is not an OC... He's an OL coach who was promoted to a HC position because Parcells saw him as a guy who could lead a team. And I thought Sparano was an OK HC, but will likely be a terrible OC.

What a terrible hire for the Jets. Even as a Pats fan, I feel sorry for the fans. Serious downgrade from Brian Schottenheimer, who took way too much heat.

He called the plays for Dallas in 2006... and that was a pretty decent offense.

wogitalia
01-11-2012, 08:31 PM
I like the hire. Get the focus back on the OL, which was the unit that fell apart this year and brought everyone else with it.

I still think the Jets are a victim of their own success and a big mouthed coach. They overachieved for 2 straight years and this year came back to where they always should have been. Same as the Bucs this year really.

Time to deliver for Sanchez though. Now or never basically.

descendency
01-11-2012, 08:58 PM
Serious downgrade from Brian Schottenheimer, who took way too much heat.

lol wut?

At least Sparano may have the gut to make Sanchez develop or pack his bags.

JETS5128
01-11-2012, 11:56 PM
Good hire if Haley comes along with him, otherwise i dont like it. We still need someone to develop Sanchez and Sparano is not the man for that job

SenorGato
01-12-2012, 12:02 AM
Well the good thing is that the bane of the Jets offense's existence is gone with Schottenheimer out. He's the REAL reason Mark Sanchez is so bad.

I think Sparano is only the first hire anyway. Replaces Bill Callahan basically...IMO...might not really be that way...probably isn't.

Da-Phins
01-12-2012, 09:20 AM
Well the good thing is that the bane of the Jets offense's existence is gone with Schottenheimer out. He's the REAL reason Mark Sanchez is so bad.

I think Sparano is only the first hire anyway. Replaces Bill Callahan basically...IMO...might not really be that way...probably isn't.

The reason why Sanchez is so bad is because of Sanchez.

DraftSavant
01-12-2012, 10:54 AM
The Jets are expected to "scale back the playbook" and focus on a ground-and-pound offensive approach under new coach Tony Sparano.
Sources tell ESPN New York that outgoing OC Brian Schottenheimer ran a "high-volume offense" that overwhelmed Mark Sanchez. Sparano is expected to run a simplified version with increased two-tight end sets.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/7452320/new-york-jets-mark-sanchez-lot-fixing-do-image-performance

I guess all the two man route concepts were overwhelming. #BlameSchotty