PDA

View Full Version : For all you Corey Webster haters out there...

Go_Eli
03-27-2007, 02:32 PM
From Arthur Staples' blog...

-- Count Corey Webster as one of the defensive players who's looking for a fresh start under new DC Steve Spagnuolo. "Hopefully, this is a fresh start for me," he said. "It's a chance to really show what I can do... Sometimes (the past two years), I got mixed signals. I didn't really know what the coaching staff was asking for. It's never a good thing when a player and the coach aren't on the same page. We're all here to win."

Tim Lewis tried to turn Webster from a press corner during his successful years at LSU into a Cover-2 corner with the Giants, and the results weren't terribly good. Lewis dressed down Webster near the end of last season, according to two players, and even us reporters could see that Webster had withdrawn as the season went on.

"It's a transition, and it doesn't just happen overnight," Webster said of becoming a Cover-2 corner. "As a player you have to be able to adjust. I definitely thought I could have done better."

Tim Lewis...D'oh!

Jughead10
03-27-2007, 02:54 PM
I'm hoping this is true. As a zone corner Webster was lost. He never had any clue where the ball was. As a press man to man corner you can often play the WR instead of the ball. However unless you do it absolutely properly you are gonna get called for a lot PI in this new NFL.

Number 10
03-27-2007, 02:59 PM
I've been saying he is at his best when in man coverage...however

He still has cement feet when it comes to making quick cuts on intermediate routes. I don't question his ability to defend the deep ball, but there are too many flaws in his game for me to feel secure with. He's young, and has one more shot in my book.

hugegmenfan
03-27-2007, 03:04 PM
well this is encouraging...im still concerned about his lack of speed though, so therefore we must add a speedy CB in the draft
im glad hes looking for a fresh start and i kno whe has the potential to be very good so hopefully spags will utilize him better than lewis apparently did

Puretalent
03-27-2007, 04:55 PM
C Web will be fine now that is away from that God Awful Tim Lewis.

BaLLiN
03-27-2007, 07:45 PM
I hope he can be ready to start for us because McQuarters is average, and we have a whole bunch of young corners who for the most part have very little experience, Here's my lineup at corner for now: Madison, Webster, McQuarters, Dockery, Underwood

eacantdraft
03-28-2007, 08:47 AM
I don't base much faith in the words of bloggers.

bigbluedefense
03-28-2007, 08:57 AM
Webster still has the speed of a snail, and the change of direction of an elephant. While he may play a little better in his new role, his lack of speed and ball awareness will still hinder him. Im not counting on him at all. If he surprises me great, but I doubt it will happen.

Oh, by the way, he's injury prone. Let's not invest heavy faith in another injury prone player. We've had enough of that.

NY+Giants=NYG
03-28-2007, 10:05 AM
Webster still has the speed of a snail, and the change of direction of an elephant. While he may play a little better in his new role, his lack of speed and ball awareness will still hinder him. Im not counting on him at all. If he surprises me great, but I doubt it will happen.

Oh, by the way, he's injury prone. Let's not invest heavy faith in another injury prone player. We've had enough of that.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ... That made my day!

On a side note... Anyone interested in scouting players? I am taking a class right now dealing with scouting and the gm side of things, and so we have scouting forms to fill in based on tape. Anyone out there interested in scouting and want to use the forms? Just let me know i will email them. O and I have each position so just tell me which one.