PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Fisher to the Rams

Grizzlegom
01-13-2012, 01:07 PM
It seems that he's finally made a decision. Peter King reporting it on Twitter and ESPN had it on breaking news.

VernonLawson89
01-13-2012, 01:11 PM
Welcome to the "NFC WORST" Mr. Fisher.

Now prepare to get your ass kicked by Harbaugh for years to come.

Grizzlegom
01-13-2012, 01:14 PM
Dolphins sources are speculating the main deal-breaker for Miami is that they wouldn't give him executive vice-president role and final say on all football decisions. Bradford was another factor but not deal-breaker.

DoughBoy
01-13-2012, 01:14 PM
I hope he finally realizes he has to change with the times. Otherwise enjoy 8-8 seasons, hanging onto veteran players too long, no passing game, and conservative football.

Beano
01-13-2012, 01:21 PM
Otherwise enjoy 8-8 seasons, hanging onto veteran players too long, no passing game, and conservative football.Believe me, I'd ******* love some 8-8 seasons.

DoughBoy
01-13-2012, 01:31 PM
Believe me, I'd ******* love some 8-8 seasons.

for 10+ years? Believe me, they get old after a while.

Iamcanadian
01-13-2012, 01:38 PM
Great hire, certainly better than trying another young one after 2 failures. Bradford should have no excuses now.

VernonLawson89
01-13-2012, 01:50 PM
Great hire, certainly better than trying another young one after 2 failures. Bradford should have no excuses now.

Except for having a new OC again

CashmoneyDrew
01-13-2012, 01:53 PM

What? Jeff Fisher doesn't seem like a good fit for Bradford at all. I'd be pissed if I were him.

RaiderNation
01-13-2012, 01:54 PM
I think Fisher will get them out of the top 5 in a year or 2, but I doubt he will be able to stick around long enough. This Rams roster has little talent on both sides of the ball, you basically got Sam Bradford(who tooks a major step backwards) and some decent young DE's. Other than that Fisher will likely look to upgrade/replace a lot of other positions.

nepg
01-13-2012, 02:05 PM
I think Fisher will get them out of the top 5 in a year or 2, but I doubt he will be able to stick around long enough. This Rams roster has little talent on both sides of the ball, you basically got Sam Bradford(who tooks a major step backwards) and some decent young DE's. Other than that Fisher will likely look to upgrade/replace a lot of other positions.
They've got a lot to work with from the young guys they brought in the last few years. Just need to figure out which ones can put it together.

I think the OL and Bradford will recover without needing any real changes at those positions They're young and were injured all year. Bradford was without his safety blankets in Amendola and Whosemanure for all and half the year...

Just having an off-season will make this team lightyears better than 2011. They need DBs in the worst way, and they need depth.

brat316
01-13-2012, 02:12 PM
Final say in executive decisions is never a good thing. I think that was what Bill Cowher was looking for and didn't find it this season so is waiting.

Final say might work for a bit, but it catches up to the coach.

nepg
01-13-2012, 02:24 PM
Final say in executive decisions is never a good thing. I think that was what Bill Cowher was looking for and didn't find it this season so is waiting.

Final say might work for a bit, but it catches up to the coach.
I agree. This is going to go badly for the Rams. Fisher is a solid HC, and so is Cowher. But they're both dumb-dumbs, to put it lightly. Neither has what it takes to effectively manage things at the front office level even without having HC responsibilities.

They're not Shanahan, Belichick, Parcells, or Jimmy Johnson. This isn't saying much, but Fisher has a lot more potential in that kind of role than Cowher.

I will say that Fisher has been hosed by his GMs, and that's why he wants that control... But he really just should have looked for a more sane GM situation.

Iamcanadian
01-13-2012, 02:26 PM
Except for having a new OC again

It didn't hurt with Harbaugh and Alex Smith, Solid HC's get the maximum out of their QB's. I fully expect the Rams to win close to 8 games next year before taking off for the better.
There is more talent on their roster than people think and a San Fran turnaround isn't out of the equation if Bradford comes through.

brat316
01-13-2012, 02:42 PM
I agree. This is going to go badly for the Rams. Fisher is a solid HC, and so is Cowher. But they're both dumb-dumbs, to put it lightly. Neither has what it takes to effectively manage things at the front office level even without having HC responsibilities.

They're not Shanahan, Belichick, Parcells, or Jimmy Johnson. This isn't saying much, but Fisher has a lot more potential in that kind of role than Cowher.

I will say that Fisher has been hosed by his GMs, and that's why he wants that control... But he really just should have looked for a more sane GM situation.

And even these guys it caught up with them. Belichick D drafting isn't doing to well.

LonghornsLegend
01-13-2012, 02:54 PM
I think this rules out Blackmon and ensures they take Kalil, but I was really hoping they took Blackmon. You need some play-makers in this league, and while you need to protect him how many top 5 picks are they going to use on Tackles with trash at WR?

Get your stud WR that can go up and get the ball even when he's covered, and hopefully Kendricks develops properly. They need more help on the line, but the good QB's are supposed to make the line look better then what it is. All that said, my main gripe on Bradford coming out was just that, he needed an all-pro line to look good, if he doesn't have it he'll struggle.

I don't think it's a bad hire though like some people are making it seem. It's not like it's the toughest division in the world. I guess I need to see who they bring in to run the offense first. If they can keep Brandon Lloyd opposite Blackmon, and get a creative offensive mind in there, that should be enough for Bradford to bounce back.

FuzzyGopher
01-13-2012, 02:55 PM
Stephen Ross sucks at hiring head coaches.

Complex
01-13-2012, 02:56 PM
for 10+ years? Believe me, they get old after a while.

2 of those 8-8 season came because he was forced to use Vince Young. If he didn't it would of been 2 losing seasons.

It sucks for Bradford and the rams. I hope they don't draft Roydell Williams, Courtney Roby and Brandon Jones and make them his main WR's. The Rams better pray that Chuck Cecil does not follow him.

Donnie Nickey is going to make a NFL come back.

nepg
01-13-2012, 03:14 PM
And even these guys it caught up with them. Belichick D drafting isn't doing to well.
I don't think it has anything to do with the talent he's brought in. It's more the defensive coaching just isn't that great. Also, McCourty was amazing last year and a lot of the defensive guys they've drafted have just plain struggled with injuries (Chung, Ras-I, Spikes, etc.), but have looked really good otherwise. The only guy that's really just shat the bed has been Butler.

BB's also done a nice job of bringing in UDFAs and developing them to the point of high productivity. Sergio Brown, Kyle Arrington, Kyle Love, Dane Fletcher, Gary Guyton...

LonghornsLegend
01-13-2012, 03:18 PM
I don't think it has anything to do with the talent he's brought in. It's more the defensive coaching just isn't that great. .

Isn't that supposed to be his job though? He's supposed to be a legendary DC to an extent. I mean, his game plan vs the Rams in the SB is in the HOF, and rightfully so. It's not like that defense matched up talent wise, or speed wise with the Rams. Why all of a sudden does all the blame go to whoever is the DC and not him?

If the defensive coaching isn't that great, that is pointing the finger right at him.

the_dark_knight
01-13-2012, 03:33 PM
Lloyd and Blackmon are going to make a lethal combo for Bradford. Rams are going to see a good improvement if they can keep Sammy up right next season.

nepg
01-13-2012, 03:35 PM
Isn't that supposed to be his job though? He's supposed to be a legendary DC to an extent. I mean, his game plan vs the Rams in the SB is in the HOF, and rightfully so. It's not like that defense matched up talent wise, or speed wise with the Rams. Why all of a sudden does all the blame go to whoever is the DC and not him?

If the defensive coaching isn't that great, that is pointing the finger right at him.

He's the head coach, not a position coach or the defensive coordinator. His gameplans are still brilliant, but the execution just isn't there. I think Patricia does a solid job calling plays, but he's no Crennel or Mangini.

Romeo Crennel played a huge role in communicating Belichick's complicated schemes to players in a very simple format. Players just go after it for him because they loved him and they understood what was needed. Also, having a team full of veterans helped quite a bit.

Mangini demanded excellence of execution. Players got after it for him because they feared for their jobs and once they saw that Mangini knew what he was talking about, they respected him.

Players neither love nor fear Patricia to the point that they get dialed in like Crennel's and Mangini's defenses did. They're just kind of "meh".

Iamcanadian
01-13-2012, 03:38 PM
BB has had his coaching staffs decimated by other teams including his management team. It is bound to effect the continuity of his teams and made it much more difficult to maintain success.
While I agree that his drafting may be questioned recently, nevertheless, 13-3 isn't bad IMO.

Fisher has enough experience IMO, to handle the twin duties as long as he isn't too one sided toward the now and can balance the future with immediate needs.

LonghornsLegend
01-13-2012, 03:45 PM
He's the head coach, not a position coach or the defensive coordinator. His gameplans are still brilliant, but the execution just isn't there. I think Patricia does a solid job calling plays, but he's no Crennel or Mangini.

Romeo Crennel played a huge role in communicating Belichick's complicated schemes to players in a very simple format. Players just go after it for him because they loved him and they understood what was needed. Also, having a team full of veterans helped quite a bit.

Mangini demanded excellence of execution. Players got after it for him because they feared for their jobs and once they saw that Mangini knew what he was talking about, they respected him.

Players neither love nor fear Patricia to the point that they get dialed in like Crennel's and Mangini's defenses did. They're just kind of "meh".

All of this may be true. But as you said, he's not a position coach, he's the head coach, and his area of expertise is the defensive side of the ball. It's one thing to not have an elite unit, but what they have been doing this year is pretty embarrassing for a guy who has a pretty extensive background on that side of the ball.

It's not like were talking about Mike Martz, whose sole focus is run up the score, and he has no clue what's going on over there. Whether it's drafting, scouting, picking the coordinators, he's still in charge of that and he overseas everything. He's not above blame because he's Bill Belicheck. Wouldn't work any different for anyone else in the league.

BB has had his coaching staffs decimated by other teams including his management team. It is bound to effect the continuity of his teams and made it much more difficult to maintain success.
While I agree that his drafting may be questioned recently, nevertheless, 13-3 isn't bad IMO.

I really don't want to discredit Bill, but when you have Tom Brady upright, in his prime, 10 wins minimum is sort of expected. Alot of seasons both guys had a lot to do with the succes, but without Brady playing out of his mind the Pats dont win 9 games this season IMO.

Ness
01-13-2012, 03:47 PM
I really thought Fisher would go to the Dolphins. Especially since Fisher already went through the entire circus of a franchise moving with the Oilers becoming the Titans. But maybe the speculation that the Rams could be moving in the coming years is just fabricated.

Ness
01-13-2012, 03:54 PM
It didn't hurt with Harbaugh and Alex Smith, Solid HC's get the maximum out of their QB's. I fully expect the Rams to win close to 8 games next year before taking off for the better.
There is more talent on their roster than people think and a San Fran turnaround isn't out of the equation if Bradford comes through.

49ers already had talented players. Vernon Davis, Justin Smith, Navorro Bowman, Dashon Goldson, Frank Gore, Ahmad Brooks, Michael Crabtree, etc. What talented players are on the Rams? I can think of just a handful. Laurinaitis and Long on defense. On offense I can only think of Steven Jackson who is getting up there in age. And Lloyd might be gone...not that he was that great to begin with.

Going from 6-10 to 13-3 is pretty good.

But from 2-14 to somewhere around 12 or 13 wins is nearly impossible.

Bengalsrocket
01-13-2012, 03:56 PM
I really don't want to discredit Bill, but when you have Tom Brady upright, in his prime, 10 wins minimum is sort of expected. Alot of seasons both guys had a lot to do with the succes, but without Brady playing out of his mind the Pats dont win 9 games this season IMO.

I think this is also one of the big problems. Whenever a team has a Brady or Manning, they are constantly drafting late. And filling the blanks with top tier free agents isn't really a constant option because eventually you'll run out of money doing that.

The Patriots probably wouldn't be very successful without Brady, but they would at least be drafting high enough to restock their talent.

I also agree with this:

It's hard to have any success without much continuity. Combine that with constant late picks and you have a recipe for under talented teams that rely heavily on complex schemes and the 1 core player on the team, Tom Brady.

Iamcanadian
01-13-2012, 03:58 PM
Al

I could say the same thing about NO with Brees or GN with Rodgers, it is what you do with talent that puts you up there as a HC, ask Turner in San Diego.
I have questioned his draft tactics recently and suggested he needs to focus more on the immediate before Brady is done, but it is hard to argue with 13 wins until we see the playoff results.

armageddon
01-13-2012, 05:40 PM
49ers already had talented players. Vernon Davis, Justin Smith, Navorro Bowman, Dashon Goldson, Frank Gore, Ahmad Brooks, Michael Crabtree, etc. What talented players are on the Rams? I can think of just a handful. Laurinaitis and Long on defense. On offense I can only think of Steven Jackson who is getting up there in age. And Lloyd might be gone...not that he was that great to begin with.

Going from 6-10 to 13-3 is pretty good.

But from 2-14 to somewhere around 12 or 13 wins is nearly impossible.

Rams have lots of talent, they just need to stay healthy and fill in a few holes.

These are players you can build around:

QB- Bradford
RB-Sjax
WR- Amendola
WR-DX
WR-Salas
WR-Pettis
TE-Kendricks
LT-Saffold
RT-Smith (if he stays healthy)
OG-Dahl

DE-Long
DE-Quinn
MLB-Lariunitus
CB- Bartell
CB-Fletcher
CB-Murphy
S-Mikell
S- Stewart

If they can trade down from the #2 pick, they can acquire several other picks. It won't take a competent GM very long to turn this around. With a good draft I could see them 8-8 in the 1st year.

Complex
01-13-2012, 05:56 PM
Rams have lots of talent, they just need to stay healthy and fill in a few holes.

QB- Bradford
RB-Sjaxyou can't build around him, he is almost done
WR- Amendolaslot reciver
WR-DXalways injured and has no knees
WR-Salasslot receiver
WR-Pettis Sucks
TE-Kendricks awful
LT-Saffold
RT-Smith (if he stays healthy)Still believe in him? wow
OG-Dahl

DE-Long
DE-Quinn
MLB-Lariunitus
CB- Bartell
CB-Fletcher
CB-MurphyThe 3rd corner?
S-Mikell
S- Stewartwho?

If they can trade down from the #2 pick, they can acquire several other picks. It won't take a competent GM very long to turn this around. With a good draft I could see them 8-8 in the 1st year.

No they don't

armageddon
01-13-2012, 06:07 PM
No they don't

Writing off rookies is not very smart.
Sjax has several more years. His style doesn't require speed
Stewart is a promising young safety
Kendricks showed flashes of being a beast. He will be a stud
Jason Smith is very good when healthy.
Murphy is a good 3rd CB. You need several good CB's these days
Pettis doesn't suck. See point #1
Salas looks legit.

Like I said, trade down from #2 and acquire several picks. The Rams could have 6-7 picks in the first 3 rounds. They could turn this around rather quickly. BTW- when healthy in 2010, the Rams were 3 plays away from 10-6.

Complex
01-13-2012, 06:15 PM
Salas looks legit.

Like I said, trade down from #2 and acquire several picks. The Rams could have 6-7 picks in the first 3 rounds. They could turn this around rather quickly. BTW- when healthy in 2010, the Rams were 3 plays away from 10-6.

You can't be serious about Jackson. Kendricks sucks I don't know where you saw those flashes. Jason is so good that he get benched when he is healthy, I guess they were trying to save him for next season. Salas is a slot WR which is the same position Danny plays. You can't build around 2 slot WR's. Pettis sucks, he wasn't the best WR on his own team in college.

armageddon
01-13-2012, 06:21 PM
Sjax could easily play 3-4 more years. He's a bruiser in phenomenal shape. He won't be the only guy like he is now, but he will still see plenty of touches. A 2 back system is the way to go anyway. I wouldn't mind the Rams trading down and drafting Richardson either. But, if they are smart, they will trade down twice and acquire numerous picks. RG3 is going to be the hottest thing going after the combine.

Also, don't be so quick to write off Kendricks and Pettis. And yes, Kendricks showed lots of promise. It's silly to judge rookies too hard.

nepg
01-13-2012, 07:07 PM
he wasn't the best WR on his own team in college.

Neither was Reggie Wayne

ChiFan24
01-13-2012, 07:24 PM
Greg Williams is probably joining him. That could really hurt New Orleans....

armageddon
01-13-2012, 07:30 PM

Fisher has had a year to put together his staff. He wouldn't jump back in if he wasn't confident he could put a good one. I wonder who his OC will be ? I have faith in his defensive mind and who his coaches will be, I only worry about the inept offense. The Rams have more talent on D too already in place. Should be an interesting off season in St.Louis for sure.

armageddon
01-13-2012, 07:59 PM
Also want to mention how much more attractive the Rams are with Fisher as HC, especially to his former players who love him. And, the Rams have mega cap room starting on 2013. They will have 15+ this year and have over 50 mill next year of room. Should be a quick turnaround for them.

fenikz
01-13-2012, 08:02 PM
Yay, they were going after Horton much rather them have Fisher at HC than us not having Horton as DC

And the Rams aren't close to being contenders they are in rebuild mode. If there is a team willing to trade up for RG3 they need to take the deal despite needing a LT badly

CJSchneider
01-13-2012, 08:17 PM

The hell you say.

Ness
01-13-2012, 08:23 PM

Why would he make a lateral move to a worse team? Unless he'd be getting a lot more money, I wouldn't see the incentive.

armageddon
01-13-2012, 08:30 PM
Why would he make a lateral move to a worse team? Unless he'd be getting a lot more money, I wouldn't see the incentive.

He and Fisher are very close friends. Multimillionaire Kroenke will pay for good coaches too. There is no way Fisher jumps in without his buddies backing him.

yodabear
01-13-2012, 09:06 PM
Love this move. To all saying **** about it, who the **** else could of we gotten? This isn't a rhetorical question but there really isn't an answer. We've tried three straight coordinators with no prior HC performance the last three times, and what did that get us? Some jackass who shall not be named being our best coach this century so far.

Ness
01-13-2012, 09:21 PM
Salas looks legit.

Big backs like Jackson start to wear down around 30 and those guys seem to be the first to fall to the mat in my opinion. Guys like Eddie George, Jerome Bettis, Emmitt Smith, etc. start to average around 3 yards a carry instead of 4. Especially if you take Jackson's situation into account. He's had a lot of good years and every team is always stacking eight in the box to stop him because they don't fear the pass from the Rams passing game. He'll be 29, but I think he'll start to wear down either next season or the year after. When big backs lose the speed they have, I think it's easier to stop them.

OzTitan
01-13-2012, 09:29 PM
Fisher's first move will be to extend Steven Jackson.

Ness
01-13-2012, 09:58 PM
By the way, why are some many folks sold on Sam Bradford in the media? I've only watched him play a few times, but in those few times he's looked pretty bad. I know he doesn't really have anyone to throw the ball to, but regardless he's averaged 6.0 yards per attempt in passing the last couple of seasons. Obviously he's going to need a lot more help around him to see his full potential, but everyone I've heard on media outlets already seem to believe that St.Louis has solved their quarterback situation and that Bradford had a good rookie season. In my opinion it wasn't that great, even for a rookie.

yodabear
01-13-2012, 10:16 PM
By the way, why are some many folks sold on Sam Bradford in the media? I've only watched him play a few times, but in those few times he's looked pretty bad. I know he doesn't really have anyone to throw the ball to, but regardless he's averaged 6.0 yards per attempt in passing the last couple of seasons. Obviously he's going to need a lot more help around him to see his full potential, but everyone I've heard on media outlets already seem to believe that St.Louis has solved their quarterback situation and that Bradford had a good rookie season. In my opinion it wasn't that great, even for a rookie.

Well compared to Chad ******* Henne, Sam Bradford is fanfuckingtastic.

Ness
01-13-2012, 10:26 PM
Well compared to Chad ******* Henne, Sam Bradford is fanfuckingtastic.

What does Chad Henne have to do with this?

yodabear
01-13-2012, 10:29 PM
What does Chad Henne have to do with this?

Oh Gee maybe the fact Fisher had the choice of the Dolphins and Rams.....

XxXdragonXxX
01-13-2012, 11:07 PM

Pretty sure Matt Moore has that starting job locked up next year unless they bring in someone else.

yodabear
01-13-2012, 11:55 PM
Pretty sure Matt Moore has that starting job locked up next year unless they bring in someone else.

Still would rather have Bradford.

holt_bruce81
01-14-2012, 12:18 AM
No they don't

How can you say Kendricks and Pettis are awful? they've played one year. Not everyone comes out of college and has success right away. Kendricks had concentration issues, he was still a very good blocker and was still getting open down field.

And what does it matter if Amendola and Salas are just slot receivers? they're still good players who you can build around. And has Steven shown you any signs of slowing down? He still has 2-3 maybe 4 years of 1,000+ yards rushing IMO.

But you not even knowing who Darian Stewart is tells me all I need to know.

yodabear
01-14-2012, 12:20 AM
Oh Holt_Bruce u and ur silly logic. Its common knowledge everyone on a 2-14 team sucks...sarcasm smiley here.

nepg
01-14-2012, 12:55 AM
The Rams have a lot to work with, they've just had a ton of bad luck with injuries.

Why are people arguing over Lance Kendricks? He's their #2 TE behind Whosemanure. And with Whosemanure and Amendola healthy, the passing game is instantly improved tenfold because those guys get open in the short and intermediate areas of the field and Bradford looks for them when everything else seems murky.

At WR, they have a bunch of guys with potential to bust out. Pettis, Salas, DX, and Mark Clayton (who had very good chemistry with Bradford before being hit with the injury bug) are nice outside targets to take advantage of what Amendola and Whosemanure are doing to get one-on-one coverage on the outsides.

The Rams should not be concerned with Steven Jackson's contract. He's at that age that tricks teams into thinking he can go another 5-6 years. He won't. The guy already struggles with injuries now, what happens in a couple years? They should be looking for a legit guy to back up Steven Jackson and be an option for when Jackson leaves. You don't keep runningbacks in the NFL unless they're utility guys that are cheap like Mewelde Moore and Kevin Faulk.

Along the offensive line, I think they're a talented group that just had issues with a new system and none of them being healthy.

The team just needs a good off-season of development on the offensive side of the ball. On the defensive side, they have an obvious lack of talent at all 3 levels. That should be their main focus in the draft.

holt_bruce81
01-14-2012, 01:53 AM
Does this increase the chances of Matt Kalil being the pick for St. Louis?

OzTitan
01-14-2012, 03:22 AM
I think it increases the chances of Trent Richardson being the pick. Seriously though, I don't think this influences the Rams draft in any obvious way.

LonghornsLegend
01-14-2012, 04:40 AM

WR- Amendola
WR-DX
WR-Salas
WR-Pettis

This is why I love this forum. Here this whole time I was under the impression that the Rams needed WR help, little did I know they already had 4 WR's you can build around. Learning new things everyday. /sarcasm

This is actually sig quote worthy.

Ness
01-14-2012, 05:08 AM

I think Chad Henne's days as a starter in Miami are done regardless if Fisher decided to take the job or not.

nepg
01-14-2012, 09:19 AM
This is why I love this forum. Here this whole time I was under the impression that the Rams needed WR help, little did I know they already had 4 WR's you can build around. Learning new things everyday. /sarcasm

Eh... Really don't know what they have with Pettis or Salas yet. They both put up almost identical stats as rookies with no off-season in an offense that was riddled with injuries and just wasn't good. We've seen that DX is capable of putting up massive numbers if he's not injured...but it's really hard for him to get/stay on the field.

I think the team can easily get by in the passing game with a healthy Amendola and a healthy Whosemanure. Those are the key guys for Bradford. With those two and Kendricks in place, they just need guys who can make plays on the outside... Which they have with a healthy Alexander and at least one of Pettis and Salas developing in the off-season.

armageddon
01-14-2012, 10:27 AM

Nobody said they are all stars. They are good young WR's. The Rams lack the #1 elite go-to WR that defenses have to focus on. This will open up the field for everybody else. They actually lack a #1 and a #2 WR. If they re-sign Lloyd, he would fill the #2. Salas and Amendola are slot WR's and DX is a 3rd down and RZ guy. Pettis is good for 3 and 4 WR sets.

Complex
01-14-2012, 11:17 AM
Nobody said they are all stars. They are good young WR's. The Rams lack the #1 elite go-to WR that defenses have to focus on. This will open up the field for everybody else. They actually lack a #1 and a #2 WR. If they re-sign Lloyd, he would fill the #2. Salas and Amendola are slot WR's and DX is a 3rd down and RZ guy. Pettis is good for 3 and 4 WR sets.

So they lack a #1 and #2 WR but can build around a bunch of #3 and #4 WR's. I never heard of a team building around their 3rd and 4th WR's but more power to you guys I guess.

nepg
01-14-2012, 01:13 PM
The Rams have solid to good WRs that fill the roles you need. They don't have a #1, but they have a few guys that could be the #2 outside guy. Amendola is a beast in the slot, especially with Bradford.

I'd be more interested in Claiborne or Kirkpatrick than a WR if I'm the Rams, though. FA is more the way to go for them since they already have a ton of young receivers.

Brandon Lloyd is gone. He's going to New England with almost 100% certainty.

armageddon
01-14-2012, 02:20 PM
So they lack a #1 and #2 WR but can build around a bunch of #3 and #4 WR's. I never heard of a team building around their 3rd and 4th WR's but more power to you guys I guess.

You have to start somewhere. It wouldn't be bad having Salas, Pettis and DX as your 3's and 4's. A true #1 would go a long way. I wasn't really saying they WERE the building blocks, just players you can build around. Remember, they are rookies. Salas showed he can play. Kendricks showed flashes on what he can do. He could be the same type of player as Hernandez. Kendricks is too fast for LB's and too big for safeties to cover. He's the perfect hybrid in today's NFL. I am not going to hold a few drops against him since he a rookie on a really bad team.

Brent
01-14-2012, 02:22 PM
I can only hope the Rams "build" around a bunch of 3s and 4s

armageddon
01-14-2012, 02:22 PM
With the cap room the Rams have, I would rather see them go after a WR in FA. Somebody like Colston, Bowe or VJ. Also, don't discount Lloyd coming back. He seemed to like it here and could be a go to guy, which is important to a WR. Pair him up with a Colston, Bowe or VJ and Lloyd would be great.

Complex
01-14-2012, 03:25 PM
Jim Thomas of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports that Fisher is interested in hiring former Jets offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer. On Friday, Schottenheimer interviewed with Saban for the offensive coordinator position in Alaba

Brian Schottenheimer could join the Rams

Link (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/14/brian-schottenheimer-could-join-the-rams/)

Nice Hire, Jeff Fisher, Schotty and maybe Chuck Cecil. I wish we kept Jeff now.

Thecollegedropout
01-14-2012, 05:32 PM

Link (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/14/brian-schottenheimer-could-join-the-rams/)

Nice Hire, Jeff Fisher, Schotty and maybe Chuck Cecil. I wish we kept Jeff now.
May god have mercy on Steven Jackson and Sam Bradford's soul if Schottenheimer is OC.

Schottenheimer defies logic in each and every game. The games you expect to run first(NYG game), and he has the QB throwing 45+(Or in this case vs NYG, almost 60) times and the games you want to attack through the air(NE games) and he begins to establish a running game.

He is just so, so bad.

Nalej
01-15-2012, 06:35 PM

this made me lol

armageddon
01-15-2012, 06:56 PM
DC Gregg Williams is joining Fisher.

descendency
01-15-2012, 07:19 PM
Does this increase the chances of Matt Kalil being the pick for St. Louis?

Matt Kalil has to be the pick unless some team trades up for RG3.

Then Kalil will probably be the 3rd pick and the Rams will try to target Justin Blackmon.

ryno626
01-15-2012, 07:29 PM
I think Cleveland trades up for #2 and StL ends up with the Browns two first rounders. Blackmon at #4 and BPA at #22 would be a good way to start things off.

Rabscuttle
01-15-2012, 07:41 PM
Hmmm, can Schotty improve Bradford to the Matt Moore level or will he take him to new lows?

armageddon
01-15-2012, 11:18 PM
Hmmm, can Schotty improve Bradford to the Matt Moore level or will he take him to new lows?

Not if the Rams oline doesn't block or the WR's can't get open or catch passes.