PDA

View Full Version : John Fox 2003 Carolina Panthers/2011 Denver Broncos

Breed
01-13-2012, 02:41 PM
I was thinking about the Denver Broncos going to New England on Saturday night and a few things are very similar to John Fox's 2003 Carolina Panthers Super Bowl Team that played New England and lost by a FG in that game.

1. His Panthers had a strong rushing game with a very good defense along with having to replace a starting QB during the season.

2. His replacement QB came back from more than 2 TD's in the 4th quarter to win their first games of the season. Delhomme: 17-0, Tebow 15-0.

3. Three Overtime wins during the season.

4. A same score: 29-23 Overtime playoffs win (that one was a double overtime which a 69 yard TD pass happened on the very first play of the second Overtime period, the 80 yarder yesterday came on the first play of Overtime). That rare "29" score came up in 3 out of their 4 playoff games and I think it's his fifth playoff game his team had a score of "29".

5. Seven victories when trailing or tied in the 4th Quarter.

That 2003 Panthers team was 11-5 though. Are the 2011 Broncos a better team on offense/defense? Are the 2011 Patriots more deadly than their 2003 Super Bowl team? I think the Pats had a better defense in 2003 at least.

Basileus777
01-13-2012, 03:54 PM
So you are saying they are going to lose to the Patriots.

Ness
01-13-2012, 03:57 PM
The 2003 Panthers are a much better team than the 2011 8-8 Broncos and it's not even close.

Iamcanadian
01-13-2012, 04:06 PM
The 2003 Panthers are a much better team than the 2011 8-8 Broncos and it's not even close.

I don't totally agree. The Broncos have a solid running attack and Miller as a rookie, shows signs of HoF talent.
What is different, is that the Broncos face NE while their were few good NFC teams in 2003. They completely lucked out again a totally decemated Pittsburgh team just full of injuries.
I don't see a whole lot of difference between the 2 teams.

Smash28Dash34
01-13-2012, 04:28 PM
The Panthers were solid on both sides of the ball. Peppers, Jenkins and Rucker on the D-Line. Morgan and Witherspoon at LB. Minter, Manning and Deon Grant at Saftey. They had a really solid defense. Stephen Davis had over 1400 yds rushing with Foster and Goings as backups. Steve Smith was just reaching his prime and has Moose alonside him. I would take the Panthers imo especially on offense.

scottyboy
01-13-2012, 04:30 PM
John Fox is just a boss regardless. God I love him

A Perfect Score
01-13-2012, 04:35 PM
John Fox is just a boss regardless. God I love him

Me too. I'm a huge fan. I said when Carolina let him go that he was going to have a quick turnaround wherever he went. He's such a great motivator and defensive guy.

I'd take that Panthers team over these Broncos though, by a significant margin.

Ness
01-13-2012, 04:58 PM
The Panthers were solid on both sides of the ball. Peppers, Jenkins and Rucker on the D-Line. Morgan and Witherspoon at LB. Minter, Manning and Deon Grant at Saftey. They had a really solid defense. Stephen Davis had over 1400 yds rushing with Foster and Goings as backups. Steve Smith was just reaching his prime and has Moose alonside him. I would take the Panthers imo especially on offense.

That team was very well balanced on both sides of the ball. A great team that took the Patriots down to the wire.

Rosebud
01-13-2012, 06:13 PM
Kris ************* Jenkins was absolutely dominant. I love Doom and Miller but they're not close to what Jenkins did that year, ignoring Peppers and Rucker 's seasons coming off of his edge.

DraftSavant
01-13-2012, 06:41 PM
Me too. I'm a huge fan. I said when Carolina let him go that he was going to have a quick turnaround wherever he went. He's such a great motivator and defensive guy.

I'd take that Panthers team over these Broncos though, by a significant margin.

My dad is still sad the Giants let him walk and hired Coughlin.

DraftSavant
01-13-2012, 06:42 PM
Kris ************* Jenkins was absolutely dominant. I love Doom and Miller but they're not close to what Jenkins did that year, ignoring Peppers and Rucker 's seasons coming off of his edge.

Remember when Brentson Buckner got famous for, like, two weeks?

SchizophrenicBatman
01-13-2012, 07:14 PM
the difference is the vast majority of america doesnt believe in cajun voodoo