PDA

View Full Version : The Harbaughl.

Caulibflower
01-16-2012, 07:58 PM
Liklihood that the 49ers play the Ravens in the Super Bowl? That'd be pretty cool.

Giantsfan1080
01-16-2012, 08:00 PM
I for one hope not.

descendency
01-16-2012, 08:07 PM
I have a feeling that you will see a Harbaugh vs Harbaugh Pro-Bowl. Not Super Bowl.

That's not to say I think NE will win (I do), but I think NY is playing the best football of anyone right now and are a nightmare matchup. NE will have the advantage over baltimore, but that's a very close game. I have a feeling NYG@SF game will be a wash.

Caulibflower
01-16-2012, 08:07 PM
I for one hope not.

Fans of the Patriots and the Giants are excused from participating in this thread.

phlysac
01-16-2012, 08:14 PM
I think NY is playing the best football of anyone right now and are a nightmare matchup.

I don't disagree, but the Saints were the hottest team in the NFL last week, as well.

Caulibflower
01-16-2012, 08:24 PM
I think the Saints are a pretty clearly superior offense to New York, and the 49ers played right with them. I don't trust New York's running game at all. Not that New Orlean's was anything really special, but with Sproles and how well their running backs catch the ball, those short throws and screens are basically just extended handoffs. The Giants don't have that. I think Jacobs and Bradshaw will be stuffed, and Eli's going to have to have a spectacular game if the Giants want to win.

Ness
01-16-2012, 09:09 PM
Don't know about Bradshaw, but Jacobs was annoying last time. He was getting some good runs on our defense.

Sloopy
01-16-2012, 09:09 PM
It's going to be a NY v Bal Super Bowl. NY is on a role and while I think NE has a chance, my money's on the Ravens.

People are way overrating NE victory over the Broncos and not giving enough credit to the Texans as a tough opponent that Baltimore still managed to overcome.

descendency
01-16-2012, 09:11 PM
I don't disagree, but the Saints were the hottest team in the NFL last week, as well.

Eh... no. I was between the Packers and the Giants. Anyone who had the Saints just didn't realize how bad they are outside of the dome.

descendency
01-16-2012, 09:12 PM
People are way overrating NE victory over the Broncos and not giving enough credit to the Texans as a tough opponent that Baltimore still managed to overcome.

The Texans handed Baltimore that game. If they don't muff that punt giving Baltimore an easy score, that game could have easily been 13-13.

Giantsfan1080
01-16-2012, 09:32 PM
Don't know about Bradshaw, but Jacobs was annoying last time. He was getting some good runs on our defense.

Bradshaw didn't play in the first game.

BeerBaron
01-16-2012, 09:39 PM
I would like to see the 49ers make it to play the Pats...two coaches I really like.

But I have a feeling that neither Harbaugh makes it.

Ness
01-17-2012, 02:13 AM
Bradshaw didn't play in the first game.

I know. I'm saying I don't know how he'll do against our defense. Jacobs had some success though.

farfromforgotten
01-17-2012, 07:59 AM
I was hoping we'd beat Brees, Rodgers, and Brady on the way to a Super Bowl victory. Guess I'll have to settle for Brees, Manning, and Brady.

CashmoneyDrew
01-17-2012, 11:04 AM
I have a feeling that you will see a Harbaugh vs Harbaugh Pro-Bowl. Not Super Bowl.

Pretty sure the Packers and Texans coaching staff already got the nod.

BeerBaron
01-17-2012, 11:11 AM
Pretty sure the Packers and Texans coaching staff already got the nod.

Yeah. The highest seeds eliminated from the Divisional round go to the pro bowl now.

PoopSandwich
01-17-2012, 01:21 PM
Giants Patriots please.

Shere Khan
01-19-2012, 12:38 PM
I've been calling that one for a while now....makes too much sense.

And then once it happens, I will promptly go and puke.

XxXdragonXxX
01-19-2012, 01:06 PM
I wont watch the Harbaugh-face bowl.

ChiFan24
01-19-2012, 02:25 PM
This is the only combination I don't want to see. I fell asleep during the original game. Granted, it had a lot to do with the turkey, but also the terrible QB play. I appreciate great D, but I need Eli or Brady to even things out.

ChiFan24
01-19-2012, 02:26 PM
Also, the Harbowl is clearly the superior spelling.

abaddon41_80
01-19-2012, 03:01 PM
This is the only combination I don't want to see. I fell asleep during the original game. Granted, it had a lot to do with the turkey, but also the terrible QB play. I appreciate great D, but I need Eli or Brady to even things out.

I'd cut the 49ers some slack for that. Literally had to travel cross-country on three days rest. Not to mention play with Chilo Rachal at right guard. I am surprised Alex Smith lived through that game, tbqh

Ness
01-19-2012, 05:51 PM
It would be nice for two good defensive teams to make it so people are forced to watch a good defensive game.

katnip
01-20-2012, 09:51 AM
I think the 49ers will win by around a touchdown margin. And the Patriots defense will look somewhat dominant againt Flacco. Because.. Its Joe Flacco. Unless Torrey Smith comes up big, which I can easily see happening. Cause I just don't see Ray Rice having meaningful numbers. The Pats will most likely stack the box and dare them to throw it deep.

brat316
01-20-2012, 10:00 AM
Idk Ravens could make it, Pats aren't going to play defense like the Texans did, but Texans can't play offense like the Pats. So what i'm saying is..idk.

Sloopy
01-20-2012, 10:31 AM
The Texans handed Baltimore that game. If they don't muff that punt giving Baltimore an easy score, that game could have easily been 13-13.

Does it matter how you win? I love the argument, "well if this didn't happen you wouldn't have won." Well it did... and we won.

I could say that if Tebow wasn't the QB of the Denver Bronco's, you might not have won that game. Doesn't matter because he is and you won the game fair and square... all be it to a weaker opponent than Baltimore faced.

People keep trying to downplay the Pats strength of schedule but I find it perfectly relevant that they are 0-2 against winning teams this year while the Ravens are 6-0.

I won't say that the Ravens are gauranteed to win, but I'll take my chances that our D is one of the most apt in the league to stop your offense and since your D got shredded by the likes of VY and Dan Orlovsky, I'll bet that Flacco manages to have that "step up game" everyone keeps saying that he needs to have.

BeerBaron
01-20-2012, 10:32 AM
I always say an ugly win is better than the grandest loss, but you cannot feel comfortable with the way that game went. Don't even try to make that case.

Sloopy
01-20-2012, 10:36 AM
I always say an ugly win is better than the grandest loss, but you cannot feel comfortable with the way that game went. Don't even try to make that case.

I wasn't comfortable durring the game but when we won... we won. The fact is that the D for the Pats doesn't even come close to that of the Texans and I feel like our offense will look much better against the Pats.

BeerBaron
01-20-2012, 10:38 AM
I wasn't comfortable durring the game but when we won... we won. The fact is that the D for the Pats doesn't even come close to that of the Texans and I feel like our offense will look much better against the Pats.

Everyone is so quick to point to the Texans D. Typically, if two good units meet, the results usually fall somewhere in the average area. Joe Flacco threw for 50% and Rice rushed for less than 3 YPC.

The Texans D was good, but the Ravens O was also bad exacerbating everything.

Sloopy
01-20-2012, 10:44 AM
Everyone is so quick to point to the Texans D. Typically, if two good units meet, the results usually fall somewhere in the average area. Joe Flacco threw for 50% and Rice rushed for less than 3 YPC.

The Texans D was good, but the Ravens O was also bad exacerbating everything.

I'm not sure if your on my side or against me? :P

brat316
01-20-2012, 10:45 AM
Don't worry about how you win the game, no one remembers after a year or 2..maybe the bitter, but usually most people just see W-L.

Pats playoff offense is going to be more challenging then the Texans offense.

Sloopy
01-20-2012, 10:47 AM
Don't worry about how you win the game, no one remembers after a year or 2..maybe the bitter, but usually most people just see W-L.

Pats playoff offense is going to be more challenging then the Texans offense.

Ravens playoff defense > than anything the Pats have faced thus far.

Pats playoff defense < anything the Ravens have faced all year.

Point?

brat316
01-20-2012, 10:58 AM
You won't be dominate Brady like he is TJ Yates...?

Sloopy
01-20-2012, 11:34 AM
You won't be dominate Brady like he is TJ Yates...?

Huh? I'm assuming you mean we won't be able to dominate Brady like we did Yates.

You are correct... the flip side is that we will have the D to still slow him down and they won't have the defense to slow us down like the Texans did

thegreatone
01-21-2012, 12:50 PM
Huh? I'm assuming you mean we won't be able to dominate Brady like we did Yates.

You are correct... the flip side is that we will have the D to still slow him down and they won't have the defense to slow us down like the Texans did
Defense's don't have to worry about slowing the Ravens offense down. Cam Cameron does it for them.

Has the team even made it to 30 points since the 2nd half of the season?

Sloopy
01-21-2012, 01:02 PM
Defense's don't have to worry about slowing the Ravens offense down. Cam Cameron does it for them.

Has the team even made it to 30 points since the 2nd half of the season?

31 against the Bengals

thegreatone
01-21-2012, 01:04 PM
31 against the Bengals
True.

But the offense is not as good when on the road.

stillma7ic
01-22-2012, 10:02 PM
nah *10char