PDA

View Full Version : Bold Prediction

Notredameleo
03-27-2007, 03:53 PM
Okay, so make a bold prediction for the lions in 2007.

Mine:

Kalimba Edwards Has double digit sack total.
Ernie Sims will make Pro-Bowl.

Michigan
03-27-2007, 04:29 PM
Sims in the pro-bowl isn't very bold...

The Lions will go 8-8.

lionsfan81
03-27-2007, 04:31 PM
Jon Kitna will throw 30 tds and only 15 ints while making the probowl. Also the lions will make the playoffs for the first time since god knows when :).

WMD
03-27-2007, 06:24 PM
Here's a BOLD Prediction.. The Lions will pick between 5-10 Overall in the 2008 NFL Draft.

TacticaLion
03-27-2007, 06:37 PM
I did a draft on Madden 07... Kitna had a great year (but didn't make the pro bowl), Tatum Bell DID make the pro bowl (as did Foster) and the Lions went 11-5 (lost to the Rams... in overtime... in the conference championship game).

That was just straight sim... didn't cheat/manipulate it at all.

Anyway... I think the Lions will win 9 games.. with an improved line, the running game (and, believe it or not, the passing game) will improve. If they fill defensive holes on the first day, the team will have a great year (for our standards).

*shrugs*.

Scotty D
03-27-2007, 09:06 PM
Here's a BOLD Prediction.. The Lions will pick between 5-10 Overall in the 2008 NFL Draft.

Hmmm Glen Dorsey, that Miami DE, Brennan, Brohm, Andre Woodson, all those RBs.

WMD
03-27-2007, 09:58 PM
Hmmm Glen Dorsey, that Miami DE, Brennan, Brohm, Andre Woodson, all those RBs.

Yes sir, I'm all about Calais Campbell for 2008.. or Darren McFadden... but mainly Calais Campbell.

Muckluck
03-27-2007, 10:08 PM
Cory Redding will have 15 sacks.

Both he and Rogers will make the Pro Bowl.

sakmaster1590
03-27-2007, 11:00 PM
Lions draft Stanton in the second. Week 6 Kitna gets hurt and misses 5 games (he had gone 1-4). Stanton comes in and goes 4-1, Kitna comes back and the Lions lose the rest of thier games. Finish 5-11.

asmitty45
03-27-2007, 11:58 PM
Lions Draft Patrick Willis and he kills a Running Back with his first hit in the NFL, proceeds to record 356 tackles 43 sacks and 29 INTS. He wins MVP, DROY and makes the pro bowl...Then pulls a barry sanders and retires after his only season in the pros.

WMD
03-28-2007, 12:15 AM
Lions Draft Patrick Willis and he kills a Running Back with his first hit in the NFL, proceeds to record 356 tackles 43 sacks and 29 INTS. He wins MVP, DROY and makes the pro bowl...Then pulls a barry sanders and retires after his only season in the pros.

Actually not that bold of a prediction; This is a very likely scenario.

TacticaLion
03-28-2007, 04:20 AM

HAHAH! 356 tackles?! Holy ****!

Man. Take him at #2. Hell, trade up with Oakland and take him. That's a lotta tackles (and sacks... and INTs).

Goodness.

Addict
03-28-2007, 05:32 AM
HAHAH! 356 tackles?! Holy ****!

Man. Take him at #2. Hell, trade up with Oakland and take him. That's a lotta tackles (and sacks... and INTs).

Goodness.

That's quite a bunch of tackles. I like the part about killing a running back though...

as far as predictions go..

Roy Williams will be a Pro Bowler, as will Ernie Sims
Patrick Willis (if we draft him) will win DROY, hands down
I will watch Monty Python and the holy grail at least four times before the weekend.
CJ will at some point make us regret we didn't take him (if we don't)
Cory Redding will go on holdout and beg to be moved to quarterback, so that he'd get payed more.
The Mutilator will get arrested for biting a defensive tacke's head clean off
They will also arrest Shaun Rogers because he is found eating human arms and legs while the offense is on the field.
The Lions will go 9-7 next year
Kevin Jones returns after game 4 and will still run for over 1,000 yards

Aard
03-28-2007, 08:49 AM
The Lions will hold two opposing teams to ten points or less.

(I was going to predict one shutout but lost my nerve.)

:(

asmitty45
03-28-2007, 09:29 AM
I like the part about killing a running back though...

Ya he's that much of a beast

TacticaLion
03-28-2007, 10:41 AM
That's quite a bunch of tackles. I like the part about killing a running back though...

as far as predictions go..

Roy Williams will be a Pro Bowler, as will Ernie Sims
Patrick Willis (if we draft him) will win DROY, hands down
I will watch Monty Python and the holy grail at least four times before the weekend.
CJ will at some point make us regret we didn't take him (if we don't)
Cory Redding will go on holdout and beg to be moved to quarterback, so that he'd get payed more.
The Mutilator will get arrested for biting a defensive tacke's head clean off
They will also arrest Shaun Rogers because he is found eating human arms and legs while the offense is on the field.
The Lions will go 9-7 next year
Kevin Jones returns after game 4 and will still run for over 1,000 yards

Wow... goodness. Quite the list. Hmmm...

You've got a few lines that i'll buy... Roy and Ernie will probably make the popularity contest, the Monty Python line works, the 9-7 record works and the "Redding moving to QB" line works. Other than that, I'm not so sure.

Mutilator wont be "arrested", but "awarded" for biting the player's head off.

Shaun Rogers will be found eating the arms and legs both off and on the field.

KJ will return past week 6... and wont see immediate game time due to the production of Dell and Buckett.

JPLUFF
03-28-2007, 10:56 AM
The Fords pull a James Dolan/Isiah Thomas-like move and make Matt Millen the head coach starting in week 4 (after a 1-3 start). If Millen doesn't make the playoffs, then he will be released unless the team shows "significant progress". If that's the case, we'll sign him to yet another extension.

sakmaster1590
03-28-2007, 05:26 PM

Does he end up in Canton 5 years later?

TacticaLion
03-28-2007, 06:00 PM
Does he end up in Canton 5 years later?*months... I think you meant months.

If he gets 356 tackles, 43 sacks and 29 INTs... you might as well toss him in after one. That's incredible.

If he got those stats... how do you think the team would do that year?

asmitty45
03-28-2007, 06:22 PM
*months... I think you meant months.

If he gets 356 tackles, 43 sacks and 29 INTs... you might as well toss him in after one. That's incredible.

If he got those stats... how do you think the team would do that year?

5-11, but they lose al 11 games by 7 or less points

DoWnThEfiElD
03-28-2007, 06:26 PM
I did a draft on Madden 07... Kitna had a great year (but didn't make the pro bowl), Tatum Bell DID make the pro bowl (as did Foster) and the Lions went 11-5 (lost to the Rams... in overtime... in the conference championship game).

Anyway... I think the Lions will win 9 games.. with an improved line, the running game (and, believe it or not, the passing game) will improve. If they fill defensive holes on the first day, the team will have a great year (for our standards).

*shrugs*.

Is it just me or in Madden do the Lions always do well. Everytime i sim a season they are up there.

TacticaLion
03-28-2007, 06:34 PM
Is it just me or in Madden do the Lions always do well. Everytime i sim a season they are up there.

Oh way no, sir. Most simulations I do have the Lions going either 5-11 or worse. Recently, after a decent season and a few trades (and good drafts), I simulated and had the Bears, Vikings and Lions tied at 8-8. For some reason, the Lions made it into the playoffs... and faced the Rams (the team that knocked them out the year prior). For each game, I adjusted the coaching management to play to the weaknesses of the opposing team... and actually won the Super Bowl. Honestly... that never happens (for the Lions and I).

5-11, but they lose al 11 games by 7 or less pointsIf one player had 43 sacks and 29 INTs, I think that team would have a great record. Come now... 43 sacks and 29 INTs from ONE PLAYER!? That's at least 10 wins... at least.

LIONHE4RT
03-28-2007, 09:59 PM
My BOLD prediction is that the lions will go 10-6. I agree K. Ed will notch double digit sacks and I also think Boss Bailey will record 100 tackles(that is of course if he beats out Alex Lewis!).

Xiomera
03-28-2007, 10:13 PM
A few bold predictions of my own:

- Kalimba Edwards will have 10 sacks (or more)
- Alex Lewis will have a breakout season
- Dan Orlovsky will start a game
- A rookie Kick Returner will have more success than Eddie Drummond did last year for us
- Kevin Jones, T.J. Duckett, and Tatum Bell will all rush for over 300 yards, but none of them get over 800 yards.

detroit4life
03-28-2007, 11:00 PM
i think KJ could get close to 1000 if not over depends when he actually gets back to 100 percent but with the line we're building it definitly helps him

habib2448
03-29-2007, 07:44 AM

*shrugs*.
5-11 would be good for our standards.LOL But seriously I think your right we shouldn't have any probs winning 9 or 10 with the 3-13 schedule we have.

TacticaLion
03-29-2007, 10:49 AM
5-11 would be good for our standards.LOL But seriously I think your right we shouldn't have any probs winning 9 or 10 with the 3-13 schedule we have.We have a hard schedule... but a lot of schedules look hard before the year starts.

I still think we'll in 9 games... depending on what we do in the draft.

Addict
03-29-2007, 12:25 PM

Some players are overrated by EA (good for us ay?) I mean... Mike Williams is a 85 overall receiver, both Kevin Jones and Roy Williams bear 'future star' labels, which automatically results in more succes, Kenoy Kennedy is (if I'm not mistaken) a 88 ovr. Safety and our DBacks are both in the mid to high eighties, so in all it's a pretty solid unit. O-line wise i mean they got Woody as a 90+ (94?) guard. Also Boss Bailey is 86 at the start but becomes sick good in no time, mainly cause they gave him 88 speed.

That's also a reason why Tatum Bell makes the pro bowl, a 96 speed running will get you at least 1000 yds.

Hell i've got a 98 speed RB running around in my franchise (seriously, the guy outruns my wide receivers, it's kinda sick) and... well he started as a 83 rookie and put up like 1500 yds. They've been very very kind on running backs this year.

(anyone else annoyed that Michael Vick rushes for 1000+ yards EVERY SINGLE YEAR in Madden until he hits 32 and his speed starts going down? Seriously...)

casskid
03-29-2007, 02:36 PM
Shouldnt the Lions have one of the easier schedules because of how bad they where last year? IF the Lions start winning close games they could finish around 9-10 wins. But nothing so far in this off season SO farhas demonstrated to me that they will be finally able to get over the hump of winning close games. This (hopefully) will change post draft, but another 4-5 win season is probably in the cards for us.

Addict
03-29-2007, 02:40 PM
Shouldnt the Lions have one of the easier schedules because of how bad they where last year? IF the Lions start winning close games they could finish around 9-10 wins. But nothing so far in this off season SO farhas demonstrated to me that they will be finally able to get over the hump of winning close games. This (hopefully) will change post draft, but another 4-5 win season is probably in the cards for us.

**looks outside window** wow! what the hell was that HUGE explosion I just saw!??!?!?!

oh I know! Those were my hopes and dreams crashing down.

Damn you realists.

(on the bright side, another top 10 pick WOULD assure us one HELL of a quarterback in '08)

dreadedluck
03-29-2007, 07:02 PM
Duckett does get enough playing time, Rogers plays 50 percent, Kitna throws 20 plus picks, Jones gets hurt again, Offensive line is in the top three in giving up sacks, Millen blames Marinelli for horrible season, Martz wastes the teams first half timeouts in the first quarter in two games. Williams catches only two tds in the redzone(thats better than last year) Simms gets a hundred tackles but is still a wasted pick at 9 in a draft that was just enept for Millen. Fans talk about another walkout, Franchise is officially the worst in the NFL, Rogers starts talking to the media but only to tell them he wants a trade, Lions have the worst pass defense in the league. Lions win maybe 4 games. The national media laugh at Millen, and Ford. And on and on. the Mutilator he starts half the season, Raiola finds that Deion Sanders want to be and actually tries to tear his head off but instead seperates his shoulder.

Addict
03-30-2007, 05:40 AM
Duckett does get enough playing time, Rogers plays 50 percent, Kitna throws 20 plus picks, Jones gets hurt again, Offensive line is in the top three in giving up sacks, Millen blames Marinelli for horrible season, Martz wastes the teams first half timeouts in the first quarter in two games. Williams catches only two tds in the redzone(thats better than last year) Simms gets a hundred tackles but is still a wasted pick at 9 in a draft that was just enept for Millen. Fans talk about another walkout, Franchise is officially the worst in the NFL, Rogers starts talking to the media but only to tell them he wants a trade, Lions have the worst pass defense in the league. Lions win maybe 4 games. The national media laugh at Millen, and Ford. And on and on. the Mutilator he starts half the season, Raiola finds that Deion Sanders want to be and actually tries to tear his head off but instead seperates his shoulder.

Okay. Let me introduce you two

Dreadedluck, this is the ENTER button / ENTER button, meet Dreadedluck.

Addict
03-30-2007, 05:44 AM
I managed to fullfill my monty python bold prediction.

Couldn't sleep wednesdaynight and ended up watching it

I also predict that if our 1st round draft pick is:

An offensive lineman, we'll have less sacks (duh)
An offensive skill player, he will start and score at least 10 touchdowns
A defensive player he will end up with either 10+ sacks (D-Line) or 110+ tackles and two interceptions(LB).
A kicker... we'll have to start a riot that culminates in Matt Millen hanging upside down from a goalpost.

TacticaLion
03-30-2007, 06:55 AM
I managed to fullfill my monty python bold prediction.

Couldn't sleep wednesdaynight and ended up watching it

I also predict that if our 1st round draft pick is:

An offensive lineman, we'll have less sacks (duh)
An offensive skill player, he will start and score at least 10 touchdowns
A defensive player he will end up with either 10+ sacks (D-Line) or 110+ tackles and two interceptions(LB).
A kicker... we'll have to start a riot that culminates in Matt Millen hanging upside down from a goalpost.

Haha. Kicker. That would be awesome.

So, you've got 1 prediction fulfilled so far. Not bad. I like asmitty's prediction more... 356 tackles, 43 sacks and 29 INTs. My favorite.

Addict
03-30-2007, 11:15 AM
Haha. Kicker. That would be awesome.

So, you've got 1 prediction fulfilled so far. Not bad. I like asmitty's prediction more... 356 tackles, 43 sacks and 29 INTs. My favorite.

Whahaha okay. Well my predictions of CJ's stats for 2007, if drafted by the Lions:

224 rec./ 3100 yds/ 31 TD's / he'll also rush for about 1200 yards and 15 touchdowns. After that season he'll make a superbowl winning play by taking a five-step drop, throwing the ball 80 yards downfield at the flick of the wrist, then running at warp 3 to catch his pass and then I think he will lamada his way 20 yards to the endzone.

When that's all said and done the waterboys will start throwing water into a tub, CJ will get onstage and dance the macarena whilestanding on the water and juggling the rest of the team with one hand, casually drinking champagne with the other.

TacticaLion
03-31-2007, 06:07 PM
Whahaha okay. Well my predictions of CJ's stats for 2007, if drafted by the Lions:

224 rec./ 3100 yds/ 31 TD's / he'll also rush for about 1200 yards and 15 touchdowns. After that season he'll make a superbowl winning play by taking a five-step drop, throwing the ball 80 yards downfield at the flick of the wrist, then running at warp 3 to catch his pass and then I think he will lamada his way 20 yards to the endzone.

When that's all said and done the waterboys will start throwing water into a tub, CJ will get onstage and dance the macarena whilestanding on the water and juggling the rest of the team with one hand, casually drinking champagne with the other.Holy goodness... quite the scenario. In other words, you'd like to see CJ drunk, wet and dancing the macarena for you? Interesting... to say the least.

If he had 3,100 receiving yards, who was the QB? Kitna? Orlovsky? Stanton? Himself?

neko4
03-31-2007, 06:16 PM
I did a draft on Madden 07
How did the draft turnout?
Also my predictition, from a GB fan, they go 5-11 at worst, 8-8 at best.

TacticaLion
03-31-2007, 07:54 PM
How did the draft turnout?
Also my predictition, from a GB fan, they go 5-11 at worst, 8-8 at best.
I traded down from #2 to #9 (or something), drafted a great MLB prospect in round 1, a CB in round 2, a DE and FS in round 3 and a QB in round 4 (trade value is ridiculous in Madden... no one will give you a 1st and 2nd to move up unless there's a 25 pick difference).

The MLB was a 87 as a rookie... 82 speed but crazy awareness and tackling...

the CB was 79 as a rookie... had 93 speed, 94 acceleration, below average hands but good tackling...

the DE was 78 as a rookie... had 72 speed and 91 acceleration...

the FS was a 79 overall (and dropped from the 1st round)... a lot of speed and great hands (and allowed me to trade Kennedy and move Bullocks to SS)...

and the QB was an oustanding pick in the 4th round... 78 overall with 93 arm strength and 85 accuracy.

I simmed the first 2 years and started the 3rd. The Lions (barely) made it to the playoffs the first year... and lost to the Rams in the Conference Championship (in overtime). The MLB was the DROY and Kitna moved up to an 88 (holy goodness). Bell, Foster and Fisher made the Pro Bowl.

The second year was incredible. I drafted a SS and moved him to LOLB (Bailey left in FA) and filled other needs with the remaining picks (one being a RB). The Lions, Bears and Vikings finished the season 8-8 and the Lions went to the playoff. I thought they'd be out in the first round, but they actually won the Super Bowl (I was in shock... never happens like that). I let Kitna and Duckett walk, and signed Justin Miller (CB), DJ Williams (LOLB) and traded for Robert Mathis (White and Edwards were both declining) in the offseason.

I've played a few games of the 3rd season with the 4th round QB leading the team. Bell got injured in pre-season and is out for the rest of the year... so my 2nd year RB is starting (and playing well). The MLB I initially drafted is now 92 overall, the CB is 86 and the DE is 89.

In short: it worked out well. I hope the Lions' draft this year is anything like that draft.

neko4
03-31-2007, 08:09 PM
Oh I thought you knew the players names, but good job

Addict
04-01-2007, 12:08 PM
I traded down from #2 to #9 (or something), drafted a great MLB prospect in round 1, a CB in round 2, a DE and FS in round 3 and a QB in round 4 (trade value is ridiculous in Madden... no one will give you a 1st and 2nd to move up unless there's a 25 pick difference).

The MLB was a 87 as a rookie... 82 speed but crazy awareness and tackling...

the CB was 79 as a rookie... had 93 speed, 94 acceleration, below average hands but good tackling...

the DE was 78 as a rookie... had 72 speed and 91 acceleration...

the FS was a 79 overall (and dropped from the 1st round)... a lot of speed and great hands (and allowed me to trade Kennedy and move Bullocks to SS)...

and the QB was an oustanding pick in the 4th round... 78 overall with 93 arm strength and 85 accuracy.

I simmed the first 2 years and started the 3rd. The Lions (barely) made it to the playoffs the first year... and lost to the Rams in the Conference Championship (in overtime). The MLB was the DROY and Kitna moved up to an 88 (holy goodness). Bell, Foster and Fisher made the Pro Bowl.

The second year was incredible. I drafted a SS and moved him to LOLB (Bailey left in FA) and filled other needs with the remaining picks (one being a RB). The Lions, Bears and Vikings finished the season 8-8 and the Lions went to the playoff. I thought they'd be out in the first round, but they actually won the Super Bowl (I was in shock... never happens like that). I let Kitna and Duckett walk, and signed Justin Miller (CB), DJ Williams (LOLB) and traded for Robert Mathis (White and Edwards were both declining) in the offseason.

I've played a few games of the 3rd season with the 4th round QB leading the team. Bell got injured in pre-season and is out for the rest of the year... so my 2nd year RB is starting (and playing well). The MLB I initially drafted is now 92 overall, the CB is 86 and the DE is 89.

In short: it worked out well. I hope the Lions' draft this year is anything like that draft.

NEVER EVER EVER no seriously NEVER draft DE in Madden... You're best off drafting a strong OLB (anywhere between 25 and 30 reps) and moving him out to DE, that should get you a 90+ rookie.

Addict
04-01-2007, 12:10 PM
Holy goodness... quite the scenario. In other words, you'd like to see CJ drunk, wet and dancing the macarena for you? Interesting... to say the least.

If he had 3,100 receiving yards, who was the QB? Kitna? Orlovsky? Stanton? Himself?

Wet? He's dancing ON water, not in it...

Don't know who will be quarterbacking... hell they could get a fan from the crowd and he'd throw for 300+ yards. But seriously: CJ is his own quarterback.