PDA

View Full Version : Jerome Simpson indicted for felony

Shane P. Hallam
01-19-2012, 11:08 AM
www.twitter.com/joereedy

"Just heard, Jerome Simpson just indicted for Trafficking Marijuana Over 8oz, Less than 5lbs. Class D felony. 1-5 years"

Don Vito
01-19-2012, 11:14 AM
At least he got in a sweet play before prison. A nice flop too.

WCH
01-19-2012, 11:18 AM
I don't know much about the legal system. What are the odds that he cops a plea to a lesser charge and spends next off-season in county jail instead of going to big-boy prison?

Pat Sims 90
01-19-2012, 11:23 AM
Sweet Bengals should draft Kendall Wright in the 1st Round now.

Nalej
01-19-2012, 11:44 AM
I doubt he sees any jail time.

Lil Quip
01-19-2012, 11:53 AM
Interesting.

Definite advantage of being state level rather than federal. However if I were him, I would rather have this happen in Colorado than i Kentucky.

I see him getting on the low end. I definitely see him pleaing about 6 months. That being said, that probably would at least coincide with his coming suspension from the NFL.

JETS5128
01-19-2012, 12:17 PM
Pretty sure he's been arrested and charged with this same thing multiple times i dont see how he avoids jail time

CashmoneyDrew
01-19-2012, 12:24 PM
Is there any doubt that he was tweaking when he pulled off that flip? What sober man would have even attempted that, let alone land it?

PoopSandwich
01-19-2012, 12:32 PM
So you mean 1-5 weeks since he is an athlete, or probation.

Bengals78
01-19-2012, 01:47 PM
Sweet Bengals should draft Kendall Wright in the 1st Round now.

God no.
We dont need anymore inexperience on the skill positions.
a 2nd year QB, a 2nd year WR, a 3rd year TE, a 3rd year WR coming off another injury and no RB as of now.
We need to sign a proven vet at WR.

Shane P. Hallam
01-19-2012, 01:48 PM
God no.
We dont need anymore inexperience on the skill positions.
a 2nd year QB, a 2nd year WR, a 3rd year TE, a 3rd year WR coming off another injury and no RB as of now.
We need to sign a proven vet at WR.

Enjoy Robert Meachem I guess.

Bengals78
01-19-2012, 01:53 PM

We still have 3 or 4 other spots to upgrade with our 2 first round picks.
More important spots than WR.

As of now, we have 0 NFL starting caliber guards on roster.
0 starting caliber safeties (though drafting one in the first would make me cringe too)
1 starting caliber DL.
0 starting caliber RB.

We have Green, Shipley and Hawkins (who was severely underutilized IMO). Whalen showed some promise in limited time.

If Kendall Wright is the best available, sure why not, but I really dont see him being the best need/value combo at the pick.

CashmoneyDrew
01-19-2012, 03:23 PM

You say that like it's a bad thing...

TimD
01-19-2012, 03:37 PM
0 starting caliber RB.

Are benson and scott really that bad? I dont know much about Cincy but I feel like theyre a decent duo

Bengals78
01-19-2012, 03:47 PM
Are benson and scott really that bad? I dont know much about Cincy but I feel like theyre a decent duo

Yes they really are. Bernard cant run consistently between the tackles and runs with the ball away from his body too often.

Benson is just a douche who cant change directions and lacks any real speed.
Oh yeah he has an attitude and fumbles a lot

Bengalsrocket
01-19-2012, 06:04 PM
Cedric Benson is really really good...

at running into his offensive linemen and bouncing back a yard or two right before being tacked.

On topic though, the local news believes Simpson's lawyer is going to argue that drugs weren't intended for him. I don't know any other details though and that seems like a really sketchy defense.

Sloopy
01-19-2012, 06:20 PM
So you mean 1-5 weeks since he is an athlete, or probation.

Time served. No punishment is worse than being a Bengal :P sorry Bengals fans, I had to

Bengals78
01-19-2012, 10:36 PM
A bunch of pot smokers or a murderer hmmm

Pat Sims 90
01-19-2012, 10:37 PM
Time served. No punishment is worse than being a Bengal :P sorry Bengals fans, I had to

Hey atleast we don't have a murderer or a rapist like the Steelers and Ravens do.

Ngatachance92
01-19-2012, 10:40 PM
Witnessed a murder.

Bengals78
01-19-2012, 10:42 PM
And OJ didnt ******* do it.

Ngatachance92
01-19-2012, 10:53 PM
How come whenever a black mans good name gets cleared it always has to comeback to OJ? Racist.....

Bengals78
01-19-2012, 10:54 PM
A black man can have a good name?

TheBoyWonder22
01-19-2012, 10:56 PM
1 starting caliber DL.

I was under the impression that the Bengals have AT LEAST 3 starting caliber dlinemen. What about Dunlap, Johnson and Peko?

Bengals78
01-19-2012, 10:59 PM
I was under the impression that the Bengals have AT LEAST 3 starting caliber dlinemen. What about Dunlap, Johnson and Peko?

Dunlap Unreliable. Cant play the run.
Johnson - underwhelming and largely useless. Wasnt even our starter half way thru the year.
Peko - Backup. Had one good year and has been sensationally average ever since. Cannot take on a double team, offers NOTHING in terms of pushing the pocket.

Geno Atkins is our only good starting DL. Everyone else can (and should) be upgraded. Theyre rotational players. Once injuries hit ONE player the DL fell apart.

MI_Buckeye
01-19-2012, 11:10 PM
Less than five pounds of weed? God, lock him up and throw away the key. I know I will sleep better at night once this sociopath is locked up.

XxXdragonXxX
01-19-2012, 11:18 PM
On topic though, the local news believes Simpson's lawyer is going to argue that drugs weren't intended for him. I don't know any other details though and that seems like a really sketchy defense.

So they're going trying to add intent to distribute to his possession charge?

Pat Sims 90
01-20-2012, 01:52 AM

The problem with Dunlap is he can't stay healthy. He is not very good against the Run, but he is still worth starting. When he is actually healthy he is a monster rushing the passer.

Sloopy
01-20-2012, 10:15 AM
Hey atleast we don't have a murderer or a rapist like the Steelers and Ravens do.

ACCESSORY to murder. Also nothing was proven :P

Also also: OJ was found innocent by a jury of his peers... clearly he didn't do that ****.

Bengals78
01-20-2012, 10:17 AM
All this OJ defending makes me feel like Im in a Tyler Perry movie

Sloopy
01-20-2012, 10:21 AM
All this OJ defending makes me feel like Im in a Tyler Perry movie

Our fine justice system would never let a guilty man walk free and certainly would never imprison anyone innocent... and it certainly doesn't focus on harmless crimes, flooding our jails with decent enough people, say lower class, maybe in some sort of minority group...

and this is certainly not a political statement by any measure

themaninblack
01-20-2012, 05:57 PM
Johnson - underwhelming and largely useless. Wasnt even our starter half way thru the year.
Peko - Backup. Had one good year and has been sensationally average ever since. Cannot take on a double team, offers NOTHING in terms of pushing the pocket.

Geno Atkins is our only good starting DL. Everyone else can (and should) be upgraded. Theyre rotational players. Once injuries hit ONE player the DL fell apart.

I feel like you are severely underrating our DL and I generally agree with much of what you have to say. This is the best group we have had in recent memory BY FAR and a lot of them are very young. Also, Peko's one of the better run defending DT's in the league and most people generally recognize that. Not a great pass rusher by any means but definitely an adept run defender. Granted, our DL did not play all that well towards the end of the year but I think you are jumping the shark more than just a little bit here. Even Geno has his faults/things he needs to improve upon and I'm a huge fan of his.