PDA

View Full Version : 1/20/12 - Mock Draft 4.0

Scott Wright
01-20-2012, 02:35 AM
The fourth mock draft of the year has been posted, the first since the underclassmen deadline!

2012 Mock Draft - v.4.0
http://www.draftcountdown.com/sub/Mock-Draft-A.php

As always constructive criticism is not only welcomed but encouraged. However, please be sure to explain the reasoning behind your opinions like I do in the mock or risk being infracted.

Let's keep this thread fun and informative!

Now... FIRE AWAY! :)

RaiderNation
01-20-2012, 02:52 AM
Very solid 1st round Scott, who do you see Tannehill going to once April comes around? Also when will a 2nd round be added?

Scott Wright
01-20-2012, 02:58 AM
Very solid 1st round Scott, who do you see Tannehill going to once April comes around? Also when will a 2nd round be added?

For a moment I actually thought about pulling a Ponder and putting Tannehill to the Redskins at #6 overall, but then I snapped out of it and came to my senses. I still think Tannehill is a first round talent and should come off the board no later than early round two though.

I will be adding a second round to the next mock in mid-February.

fenikz
01-20-2012, 03:04 AM
Hate to see us reach on need, last time we did in the 1st we passed up AD for Levi Brown. Dre Kirkpatrick would be my personal choice

Scott Wright
01-20-2012, 03:10 AM
Hate to see us reach on need, last time we did in the 1st we passed up AD for Levi Brown. Dre Kirkpatrick would be my personal choice

I don't think Jonathan Martin would be a reach at #13. In fact, he may not last that long!

Besides, the Cardinals and Kolb have absolutely no chance unless they upgrade that o-line.

Razor
01-20-2012, 03:26 AM
I'd prefer to grab Konz instead of Cox. Jenkins is a good pick for us, and great value.

Lil Quip
01-20-2012, 03:42 AM
A few issues.

I like Still in general, but I think 8 may be a bit high for him. Granted I think Brockers might overtake him, or teams will just pass on DT's in general, but at this time, it is alright.

I have the same issue with Barron to the Jets with when he is mocked to the Pats. If Leohart is okayed health wise by the Jets, I think him and Barron are too similar. If they went safety, I see someone who is less tied to the SS role rather than an all around guy or pure FS.

DeCastro to the Bengals is a great match, but I don't see him falling that far as everyone seems to like him.

Don't like Mercilus to the Titans, as it seems they have thrown enough talent at DE.

Other than DeCastro, I think the Zeittler is the best pick here. He may be overvalued in the middle of the first, but he is the kind of guy that Pitt needs to solidify the middle of that line.

Fletcher Cox is a nice guy to add as a piece to the DL, but I have heard some issues with him as a 5 tech. As much as it pains me, I could see us jumping on Konz if he is available. In addition, Perry looks like he could make a good fit too and he goes the next pick.

Burfict seems like a great candidate to take over for Lewis in the near future as he learns from one of the best in the twilight of his career.

And to end it, I hate the Jenkins pick. Yes he has a ton of talent. Yes the Pats have shown the propensity to roll the dice on 'questionable' guys. However, the kind of 'questionable' guys don't reach the level of Jenkins. Dillon was a malcontent, but it turned out he was a perfect soldier when he got out of the cesspool known as Cinncinati. Haynesworth didn't work, but didn't cause any damage for little cost. Ocho doesn't seem to have worked, but he hasn't really cost us anything more than a low draft pick and a roster spot. Moss was able to be contained, once it went sour, we got a king's ransom for how well he played after.

I just don't think Jenkins is worth the trouble for us unless some magic happens in the interview/background check. Not getting a rush guy, I would like a guy like Curry there.

akvikefan89
01-20-2012, 04:35 AM
I like the Claiborne pick to the Vikes in that situation. Holding out hope that someone trades up to #2 for RG3, because I want Kalil, but Claiborne is a nice consolation...

Blackluck
01-20-2012, 04:41 AM
More Patriot feedback: What is the drop off from Konz to Ben Jones? I think the Patriots end up with one of those two as that completes rebuilding our O line, but if Konz is on the board he's almost the perfect BB pick, who wants starters, not potential with his first pick.

Unless there's great value with the other first rounder, yeah it gets traded.

Caddy
01-20-2012, 05:20 AM
I reallllly hope the Bucs don't draft Richardson with the 5th pick. I would rather any of the other top talents to be honest.

Matthew Jones
01-20-2012, 05:45 AM
Janoris Jenkins seems unlikely considering the strength of Belichick's relationship with both Urban Meyer and Will Muschamp. Fletcher Cox is a one-gap player who can't anchor vs. double teams so he doesn't really fit into the defense either. Passing on Peter Konz for Cox would be unforgivable and New England has been interested in the Pouncey brothers and Eric Wood in recent drafts.

holt_bruce81
01-20-2012, 06:35 AM
I really don't think Rodger Saffold is suited to play right tackle.

Giantsfan1080
01-20-2012, 06:54 AM
I like the Konz pick but I'm not entirely sure how we would reshuffle the line. We'd still have Baas on the line for some money so maybe we'd let Konz sit for a year.

jbooshey
01-20-2012, 09:21 AM
I like the Konz pick but I'm not entirely sure how we would reshuffle the line. We'd still have Baas on the line for some money so maybe we'd let Konz sit for a year.

I've said it before, but Konz if need be, can play guard. He has done it in college and has the size/athleticism to play any of those interior positions.

Bengals78
01-20-2012, 09:28 AM
I love the DeCastro pick.
I am not a fan of the Wilson pick. Doesnt he have ball security issues?
Not a fan of a first round WR, but I would take Wright first.
Or Lamar Miller.

bigmac076
01-20-2012, 09:34 AM
I would love to see to Cowboys grab Kirkpatrick

H.O.O.D
01-20-2012, 09:48 AM
Trent Baalke better be working the phones looking to move up if Floyd is kicking around in the early 20's.

Giantsfan1080
01-20-2012, 09:50 AM
I've said it before, but Konz if need be, can play guard. He has done it in college and has the size/athleticism to play any of those interior positions.

I feel like we're set at guard also with Snee and Petrus.

DiG
01-20-2012, 09:55 AM
I'd be really happy with Blackmon at 6 if we weren't able to make a move up for RG3.

Seems like Upshaw has been shooting up boards recently.

Sloopy
01-20-2012, 09:58 AM
Love the Taze pick to the Ravens. After the bowl season this has seemed like all but a lock to be another classic Ozzie pick as you say

keylime_5
01-20-2012, 10:04 AM

he can do it - but teams won't draft him in the first round to play guard.

shylo3716
01-20-2012, 10:24 AM
I've just come to realization that Scott does not like Lamar Miller at all.

Originally Posted by keylime_5
Miller is visual sex on the field.

derza222
01-20-2012, 10:37 AM
Based on your rankings it looks like Barron would be your BPA at a major position of need for the Jets at the time, would you agree? If so, I think it's a good pick. Also, do you think Barron could play either safety spot? From what I've seen he's probably better at SS but could play some FS as well.

One thing to toss out there, Leonhard is a FA this offseason and after another season ending injury it's far from certain he'll be back next year. So the Jets might (and probably will) need to bring in two new starting safeties this offseason.

K Train
01-20-2012, 10:46 AM
would much much rather have konz, taze or glenn over zeitler at 24

Sloopy
01-20-2012, 10:51 AM
would much much rather have konz, taze or glenn over zeitler at 24

Glenn over Zeitler? I dunno I tend to lean towards Z as far as gaurds go, only #2 to DeCastro

MNRunLeft
01-20-2012, 10:53 AM
Quick question on the RG3 explanation...

"Based on the value chart that teams use it would cost the Browns their second round pick to move up a couple of spots and ensure they get Griffin"

But on the value chart...
Rams
2= 2600
Browns
4= 1800
37= 530
Total = 2330

That said ATL's 22nd pick the Browns own is valued at 780 which used instead of the 2nd rounder brings the total to 2580.

Think STL moves down to 4 from 2 for a 2nd even if the value isn't quite there?

K Train
01-20-2012, 10:57 AM
Glenn over Zeitler? I dunno I tend to lean towards Z as far as gaurds go, only #2 to DeCastro

i honestly like washington more than both, but ill remain patient to see if hes gonna shiit up the boards.

not a fan of zeitler, i know hes better than urbik but i have terrible terrible flashbacks and i cant help it.

konz over zeitler for sure though

holt_bruce81
01-20-2012, 11:27 AM
Quick question on the RG3 explanation...

"Based on the value chart that teams use it would cost the Browns their second round pick to move up a couple of spots and ensure they get Griffin"

But on the value chart...
Rams
2= 2600
Browns
4= 1800
37= 530
Total = 2330

That said ATL's 22nd pick the Browns own is valued at 780 which used instead of the 2nd rounder brings the total to 2580.

Think STL moves down to 4 from 2 for a 2nd even if the value isn't quite there?

Probably not.

In my opinion if anything the value for the #2 selection should increase with their being a rookie wage scale now.

holt_bruce81
01-20-2012, 11:31 AM
I really don't think Rodger Saffold is suited to play right tackle.

Back to this, at Left tackle you need the speed and athleticism to handle the opposing teams best pass rusher. Something Saffold is more than capable of, his struggles this year came against the bull rush, part because he's not as strong as you would like a left tackle to be but the main reason is because his technique is terrible and his hand use is garbage. Hopefully better coaching will fix this.

At Right Tackle you need to be more of a big mauling tackle. Something Saffold deffinetly is not.

At least that's what I think.

Unbiased
01-20-2012, 01:10 PM
Hey Scott, you're correct that the Jaguars only have one pass rusher of significance, but Aaron Kampman isn't even close to being that guy. Maybe it was just a typo?

Shane P. Hallam
01-20-2012, 01:12 PM
At Right Tackle you need to be more of a big mauling tackle. Something Saffold deffinetly is not.

Not really, depends on the style of offense, but that isn't what a RT "needs" to be. Look around the league, plenty of guys aren't big maulers. Heck, that usually results in poor pass protection. Coming out, Saffold was viewed as more of a RT or OG prospect.

vidae
01-20-2012, 01:19 PM
Good KC pick and my second favorite player in the draft.

coordinator0
01-20-2012, 01:30 PM
It doesn't get much better than Burfict for Baltimore.

jayceheathman
01-20-2012, 01:32 PM
Michael Floyd to Houston would look awesome but we rarely take chances with guys with off the field issues. Bob McNair loves his "pretty boys."

holt_bruce81
01-20-2012, 01:34 PM
Not really, depends on the style of offense, but that isn't what a RT "needs" to be. Look around the league, plenty of guys aren't big maulers. Heck, that usually results in poor pass protection. Coming out, Saffold was viewed as more of a RT or OG prospect.

What does Jeff Fisher look for in Right Tackles? Or does it really matter?

the_dark_knight
01-20-2012, 01:40 PM
I love the Browns draft, so epic if that happens! I'm not even a Browns fan and I absolutely love it.

I'm really looking forward to the 2nd round of the mock where I can see which way the deck falls for the Falcons, but for now this is entertaining. Some picks in there I hate (which means it'd make good sense for the teams to pick them) such as Tampa Bay picking up Trent Richardson, I would loathe that, throw in Carolina actually finding a good DT, hate that too.

Patriots lucking out again in the draft would just make me want to pull my hair out, I despise them.

Overall really nice, some players I'm a bit surprised to see so high, but then again, when draft day gets here, we're always getting surprised =)

keylime_5
01-20-2012, 01:46 PM
that i would agree is the best case scenario for cleveland. to me though it seems inevitable at this point that RGIII ends up being the #2 overall pick and that Kendall Wright goes in between picks 10-20 and that he will be a major riser after workouts.

Complex
01-20-2012, 01:55 PM
What does Jeff Fisher look for in Right Tackles? Or does it really matter?

Mike Munchak picked our lineman in drafts when Jeff was here.

Scott Wright
01-20-2012, 01:59 PM
Don't like Mercilus to the Titans, as it seems they have thrown enough talent at DE.

Tampa Bay was the only team with fewer sacks than the Tennessee Titans last year...

Complex
01-20-2012, 02:12 PM

Besides Derrick Morgan who?

ViperVisor
01-20-2012, 02:31 PM
Tru Dat about 49ers RG problem.

Snyder is very underwhelming.
Chilo is overwhelming in how someone could blow that bad at guard.

keylime_5
01-20-2012, 02:32 PM
yeah, Tennessee lost Babin and that hurt them a bit. They need to add a speed rusher to boost their QB pressure.

Smash28Dash34
01-20-2012, 02:44 PM
I guess I'm going to have to get used to DTs getting mocked to the Panthers. I just don't think its going to happen. From the looks of it Hurney might be considering o-line with that pick. I hope it's Coples falls to them.

MidwayMonster31
01-20-2012, 02:47 PM
I don't have a problem with wide receiver, I just have a problem with Jeffery. Spurrier's system has produced bust after bust at wide receiver. While Jeffery has better hands than Floyd and didn't get in trouble as much, his route running and ability to get separation is my biggest concern with him. I am also warming up to trading back for Sanu.
I also can live with Whitney Mercilus to get some nasty pass rush.

Spaceboy1
01-20-2012, 02:57 PM
Absolutely no way in heck the Texans would take a guy like Floyd, Bob McNair has a passion for running a clean organization and has passed on numerous players with off the field and attitude problems in the past. Kendall Wright makes a lot more sense.

jayceheathman
01-20-2012, 03:20 PM
Absolutely no way in heck the Texans would take a guy like Floyd, Bob McNair has a passion for running a clean organization and has passed on numerous players with off the field and attitude problems in the past. Kendall Wright makes a lot more sense.

If only Wright were still available in Scott's mock. It would be interesting to see what McNair does. There is no denying AJ needing help out there.

Bengals78
01-20-2012, 03:24 PM

Err
Jonathon Joseph?

T-RICH49
01-20-2012, 03:37 PM
great KC pick

Nalej
01-20-2012, 03:37 PM
I'd prefer to grab Konz instead of Cox. Jenkins is a good pick for us, and great value.

Agreed.

Scott, do you think Konz to Pats as a realistic pick? Or is this just a Patriot fan's created hype/want?

Shane P. Hallam
01-20-2012, 03:43 PM
Agreed.

Scott, do you think Konz to Pats as a realistic pick? Or is this just a Patriot fan's created hype/want?

I honestly like Ben Jones as a much better fit for the Pats.

Abaddon
01-20-2012, 03:45 PM
It tears at my very soul to see DeCastro taken with Oakland's former pick.

Nalej
01-20-2012, 03:45 PM
I like B.Jones as well, actually.
I'd just like to see an upgrade at the C position who can also hold his own against 34 NT's.

Lil Quip
01-20-2012, 04:25 PM
Besides Derrick Morgan who?

Woops, little slip on my part. Not exactly the biggest expert on the titans, I thought they were one DE away not two.

jayceheathman
01-20-2012, 04:28 PM
Err
Jonathon Joseph?

He has been clean for like 5 years hasn't he? The only thing I can think of was his arrest his rookie year for possession of marijuana.

Bengals78
01-20-2012, 04:31 PM
He has been clean for like 5 years hasn't he? The only thing I can think of was his arrest his rookie year for possession of marijuana.

Well Im just pointing out that they dont COMPLETELY disregard transgressions.

Lil Quip
01-20-2012, 04:32 PM
I like B.Jones as well, actually.
I'd just like to see an upgrade at the C position who can also hold his own against 34 NT's.

Granted a stud center who can control the middle and push 3-4 NT's is nice, but really hard to find. I just feel more confident in the technically sound guy like Konz over the possibility that Jones brings. That being said, I have a feeling Konz is gone by the Pats pick, and picking a center later. I would much rather the Pats spend on defense first. Especially if we can get Jones in the third. I also like taking a late round flyer on Petrus out of UConn as a developmental guy.

Also, isn't it advantageous for a center to be on the short side? In that case, Ben Jones rises as a pick.

keylime_5
01-20-2012, 04:40 PM
I think New England is in perfect position to get either Konz in round one, or Brewster or Jones in round two. They can move up and down in the draft as well as any team in the league with trades to target guys that they want.

Docta
01-20-2012, 04:43 PM
Browns GM Heckert has stated before that he believes in getting talent at CB, DE, and OT first. They need DE help, and Sheldon Brown is not a #2 CB. They're only saying that they're interested in Griffin to raise up the price on the pick.

keylime_5
01-20-2012, 04:45 PM
If anyone thinks the Browns don't want and won't try to get a franchise QB this offseason then they are fooling themselves. Doesn't necessarily mean that they are guaranteed to trade up for Griffin, but they'll try to get a QB one way or another. Heckert never had to pick QBs high in Philly b/c he had McNabb in his prime....and still he took Kevin Kolb in round two when he was there. Every team in the league values a franchise QB over any other position in the league by leaps and bounds and would NEVER pass on one if they felt they didn't have one.

Docta
01-20-2012, 05:14 PM
If anyone thinks the Browns don't want and won't try to get a franchise QB this offseason then they are fooling themselves. Doesn't necessarily mean that they are guaranteed to trade up for Griffin, but they'll try to get a QB one way or another. Heckert never had to pick QBs high in Philly b/c he had McNabb in his prime....and still he took Kevin Kolb in round two when he was there. Every team in the league values a franchise QB over any other position in the league by leaps and bounds and would NEVER pass on one if they felt they didn't have one.
But he's never drafted one in the first. Just because they value QBs, doesn't mean they value them over every other position. Tannehill will be there in the 2nd.

armageddon
01-20-2012, 05:48 PM
Kalil is a great pick for the Rams at #2, but 99.9% chance they trade down. Let the RG3 bidding begin.

Finsfan79
01-21-2012, 01:37 AM
Not a fan of the miami pick at all. While I understand the need at the position, too much money has been spent on the Oline (4 picks there this year already). Plus we can get a right tackle later on in the draft very easily in this deep oline draft.

Upshaw makes far more sense as the key to a defense in this league is a killer pass rush. THis is specially considering we have tom brady in our division. The way to defeat the pats has always been to put pressure on brady with your first group of players. We need to get an elite pass rusher opposite of Wake.

Floyd also makes sense to add another weapon in this heavy pass first league. Considering the Philbin signing and the possibility now of Flynn being their choice ( not a fan of flynn but whatever).

Plain and simple a right tackle is not valuable enough for us there.

Lil Quip
01-21-2012, 02:20 PM
Not a fan of the miami pick at all. While I understand the need at the position, too much money has been spent on the Oline (4 picks there this year already). Plus we can get a right tackle later on in the draft very easily in this deep oline draft.

Upshaw makes far more sense as the key to a defense in this league is a killer pass rush. THis is specially considering we have tom brady in our division. The way to defeat the pats has always been to put pressure on brady with your first group of players. We need to get an elite pass rusher opposite of Wake.

Floyd also makes sense to add another weapon in this heavy pass first league. Considering the Philbin signing and the possibility now of Flynn being their choice ( not a fan of flynn but whatever).

Plain and simple a right tackle is not valuable enough for us there.

I don't think Floyd is an optimal choice. I think he will want to build the offense with good but not great receivers, just a lot of them. I think having Marshall and a bunch more complementary guys will the best going forward. I see them picking up a good second round receiver like Randall out of LSU.

If you know you can fill out your receivers later in the draft, you have to use your premium picks elsewhere where you feel less confident getting pieces later.

raynman
01-21-2012, 03:49 PM
i will never understand the love affair with trying to force tight ends to denver, but i like the dennard pick there.as long as fox is there don't expect the TE to be anything close to significant.

i don't care how useful they could be or how much they would help tebow, fox doesn't believe in them.

scottyboy
01-21-2012, 04:21 PM
i kinda like Konz, but the giants need more of a right tackle if we don't believe in brewster to replace McKenzie. Or a left tackle to move Diehl to right since beatty blows. With Snee/Baas/Petrus (whom maybe Giants fans like more than the FO, but still) the interior OL seems strong. We wont look to replace Baas after giving him all that money, unless we shift him to guard.

I don't like us passing up Taze. He'd be an animal for us.

Also, no Sanu round one? :(

GaMeTiMe
01-21-2012, 04:32 PM
Gonna be a long mock season for the Eagles. Kuechly to Philly is the kind of pick everyone locks into their mocks for months and then it doesn't happen and the rest of your first round gets shaken up.

I'm still looking for Andy to go DT, but if DeSean leaves WR is far and above our biggest need, even with Maclin. FA will probably bring a new LB to Philly because Andy really can't afford to spend a 1st on one after all of these years of neglect in what may be his final chance here.

Just letting everyone know, start making a short-list of other players you'd mock to Philly with Kuechly on the board, it doesn't seem like anyone really has any idea otherwise. Personally, I'm firmly on the Kendall Wright to Philly bandwagon and believe we are in the perfect position to pick him.

shylo3716
01-21-2012, 08:20 PM
Gonna be a long mock season for the Eagles. Kuechly to Philly is the kind of pick everyone locks into their mocks for months and then it doesn't happen and the rest of your first round gets shaken up.

I'm still looking for Andy to go DT, but if DeSean leaves WR is far and above our biggest need, even with Maclin. FA will probably bring a new LB to Philly because Andy really can't afford to spend a 1st on one after all of these years of neglect in what may be his final chance here.

Just letting everyone know, start making a short-list of other players you'd mock to Philly with Kuechly on the board, it doesn't seem like anyone really has any idea otherwise. Personally, I'm firmly on the Kendall Wright to Philly bandwagon and believe we are in the perfect position to pick him.

I totally agree with your thought process on WR, but I would rather take Floyd if we go that route. We can always get a deep threat/return man in the mid to late rounds.

Crazy_Chris
01-21-2012, 08:43 PM
Browns GM Heckert has stated before that he believes in getting talent at CB, DE, and OT first. They need DE help, and Sheldon Brown is not a #2 CB. They're only saying that they're interested in Griffin to raise up the price on the pick.

I disagree with the bolded part, as they would not be the ones benefitting from a trade. It doesn't make sense for them to act like they want griffin to raise the prcie, as it will only generate a trade for the Rams or Vikings.

jayceheathman
01-22-2012, 01:02 AM
Well Im just pointing out that they dont COMPLETELY disregard transgressions.

I think they disregarded it completely with Joseph because he has been clean for 5 years and has shown he learned from it.

Floyd on the other hand, got arrested within the year. Plus, no one can say that possession of marijuana is worse than a DUI like what Floyd got. Plus it was his 3rd run in with the law over alcohol in 2-3 years.

He is also giving coaches less of a chance to see his character by turning down the Senior Bowl invite. He is a great talent no doubt, but it would be interested to see what Bob McNair does if Floyd is still on the board come draft day.

Docta
01-22-2012, 01:17 AM
I disagree with the bolded part, as they would not be the ones benefitting from a trade. It doesn't make sense for them to act like they want griffin to raise the prcie, as it will only generate a trade for the Rams or Vikings.
What they get in the trade is what's going to benefit them. Griffin probably isn't going to turn them into a contender right away. Taking the risk on the couple future first round picks would be like drafting Griffin. If Griffin doesn't pan out, it'll set them back.

SilentJaguar
01-22-2012, 01:29 AM
I really wish people would stop mocking Coples to us.

I know it's a mock and doesn't mean anything, but c'mon now...

1funguy
01-22-2012, 01:37 AM
San Diego needs to find a pass rush, but I just don't see Ingram as a good fit for us at OLB. Sure, he gets good pressure, but can he drop into coverage at all? If he were a Merriman-type of impact player (when Merriman made an impact haha) I might see it. Not sure he's that guy at all.

Personally, I'd much prefer to see Poe drop, grab an upgrade at ROT, or take a shot on Perry.

Docta
01-22-2012, 02:42 AM
San Diego needs to find a pass rush, but I just don't see Ingram as a good fit for us at OLB. Sure, he gets good pressure, but can he drop into coverage at all? If he were a Merriman-type of impact player (when Merriman made an impact haha) I might see it. Not sure he's that guy at all.

Personally, I'd much prefer to see Poe drop, grab an upgrade at ROT, or take a shot on Perry.
The pass rush will be back next season with Liuget and Castillo back from their injuries.

The_Dude
01-22-2012, 07:55 AM
Since the Vikings are sticking with the Tampa 2, unfortunately, i don't know how likely it would be for them to pick a cover corner like Claiborne at #3. I see them trying to address the cb position in the mid rounds.

If Kalil is gone, i seriously hope they are able to trade down in the RGIII sweepstakes.

Bald_81
01-22-2012, 03:23 PM
Just a minor correction for the analysis given for the Rams selection:

Tyron Smith was taken with the ninth overall pick, not the tenth.

MidwayMonster31
01-23-2012, 12:33 AM
i kinda like Konz, but the giants need more of a right tackle if we don't believe in brewster to replace McKenzie. Or a left tackle to move Diehl to right since beatty blows. With Snee/Baas/Petrus (whom maybe Giants fans like more than the FO, but still) the interior OL seems strong. We wont look to replace Baas after giving him all that money, unless we shift him to guard.

I don't like us passing up Taze. He'd be an animal for us.

Also, no Sanu round one? :(I'm starting to warm up to Sanu as a number one receiver. He plays in many different spots, has excellent body control, runs great routes and has great hands. His down the field ability will be tested in the combine. I didn't see him go down the field that much, but that might have more to do with tight reins on the quarterback.
Also, Konz has the size to play guard, but he will have to learn it.

49erNation85
01-23-2012, 12:59 AM
Meh I don't like it all SF going after a o line men when a Wide out or a CB is a much bigger need!!

St.Pack
01-23-2012, 07:50 PM
Scott I know you like to set your Mock Draft to mirror your Top Talent ranking...but you're way off base with St. Louis selecting Matt Kalil...the Rams are in a serious need of a big play WR like the one they WILL draft at #2 Justin Blackmon...they already have two young OT in Smith & Saffold and their franchise QB needs a receiver that will command attention from the opposing defenses. As for Kalil, he'll go at #10 to Buffalo...no one is going to trade up to draft an OT...and the other teams in the top 10 have more pressing needs.

The_Dude
01-23-2012, 08:05 PM
Scott I know you like to set your Mock Draft to mirror your Top Talent ranking...but you're way off base with St. Louis selecting Matt Kalil...the Rams are in a serious need of a big play WR like the one they WILL draft at #2 Justin Blackmon...they already have two young OT in Smith & Saffold and their franchise QB needs a receiver that will command attention from the opposing defenses. As for Kalil, he'll go at #10 to Buffalo...no one is going to trade up to draft an OT...and the other teams in the top 10 have more pressing needs.

Uh, the Vikings say "hello". No way Kalil makes it past them.

shylo3716
01-23-2012, 09:31 PM
I would like to know your thoughts on.....

Pick #29 CB Janoris Jenkins which moves CB Jimmy Smith over to FS Eddie Reed's replacement

Your arguement may be.... 5'9'' CB

Then I reply....Not implying he is the same exact guy, but Finnegan has been a terror with his size & in all actuality Jenkins is the #1 CB off the board this year if it weren't for the off the field issues.

I Am Rodgers
01-23-2012, 09:40 PM
Love Nick Perry to the packers. Greene said he wants a Matthews clone opposite Matthews and Perry fits the bill. Same school, athletic freak, similar size. Hope he is there come draft day.

Roddoliver
01-23-2012, 11:43 PM
I don't like Alfonzo Dennard at #25. He is 5'10 with short arms, questionable ball skills and average speed. I'd rather have a taller CB with more reach and better ball skills to cover TEs (if necessary) and improve the number of turnovers (Broncos had very few interceptions). And I hope the Broncos add more pass rush in the 1st round. John Fox said the Broncos' defense struggled when spread out and the best pass defense is the pass rush.

Fox said the team needs more pass rush. That 4-3 defense needs a much better front four with more depth and inside pressure. Jerel Worthy makes a lot of sense. Fletcher Cox might be an option but I'm not sure he is a good fit as an every-down DT. In my opinion, Cox looks like a 4-3 LDE that can move to DT on 3rd down. I would take Jerel Worthy instead of Dennard. CBs Syd'Quan Thompson and Cassius Vaughn will be back for training camp and the Broncos can get more depth at DB after the 1st round. Dennard is not a #1 CB anyway.

A disruptive DT and a pass rushing LDE to replace Robert Ayers would help the Broncos a lot, complementing Dumervil and Miller. The Broncos were 10th in sacks during the regular season, but you can't have enough pass rush and Tom Brady left the playoff game with a clean jersey. It's hard to find disruptive DTs later in the draft and it's hard to compete/pay for them when they are available as free agents.

BlindSite
01-24-2012, 03:14 AM
The Texans front FYI doesn't require a space eating NT, Wade Philips runs a penetrating front using a slightly smaller Nose Tackle.

onejayhawk
01-24-2012, 11:39 AM
I know you are high on Poe, but #11 is pretty thin air for NT. It is not like he is head and shoulders above the pack.

That being said, I cannot argue the logic, unless you go for Tannehill.

J

A Perfect Score
01-24-2012, 12:20 PM
I made the LaMarr Woodley comparison weeks ago for Upshaw! Scott stealing my thunder, I see.

Just kidding. Good work as usual Scott. I'd love to see Taze as a Raven, most definitely.

stlouisfan37
01-24-2012, 12:32 PM
Scott,

There has been a lot of talk about the Redskins trading up with the Rams to get RGIII. Do you think there is a lot of merit to this rumor or is it simply something people in the media are suggesting because it seems to make sense from the outside looking in? Also, who else looks like a possible trading partner for the Rams for the #2 pick? Cleveland actually makes more sense to me since they could make the trade and still have a 1st rounder to play with later on, but I haven't heard that suggested much. And what about Miami? Are they too far down in the draft to make a deal?

One last thing...what kind of package do you think would be required to move up to #2 in this draft? Maybe a pair of #1s, a #2 and a mid-rounder? Thanks in advance.

SRogers92
01-24-2012, 12:37 PM
I'd definitely hope the Lions go with Konz over Adams. Depending on how Adams' stock goes -- right now he's doing well at the Senior Bowl, but -- I want to see how he tests out athletically at the combine. If he cannot hold down OLT in the pros, we need to go with Konz. Gosder isn't moving from RT and Raiola is old and not very good anymore. And a FA.

A Perfect Score
01-24-2012, 01:02 PM
I'd definitely hope the Lions go with Konz over Adams. Depending on how Adams' stock goes -- right now he's doing well at the Senior Bowl, but -- I want to see how he tests out athletically at the combine. If he cannot hold down OLT in the pros, we need to go with Konz. Gosder isn't moving from RT and Raiola is old and not very good anymore. And a FA.

Mike Adams isn't going to be there for the Lions come draft day. He's going to go Top 15 when it's all said and done.

Docta
01-24-2012, 04:40 PM
I know you are high on Poe, but #11 is pretty thin air for NT. It is not like he is head and shoulders above the pack.

That being said, I cannot argue the logic, unless you go for Tannehill.

J
The DT class this year is actually pretty good, so you could wait for one if you wanted, but you have to start at the trenches, and the NT is the most important part of the defensive line.

keylime_5
01-24-2012, 04:42 PM
Mike Adams isn't going to be there for the Lions come draft day. He's going to go Top 15 when it's all said and done.

yeah, he's gonna [predictably] rise into the top 15. Kansas City, Arizona, Philly I think are hot spots for him...maybe Chicago if the need for OTs drops, however unlikely.

Dan_Steele
01-26-2012, 09:01 PM
I'm a huge Michael Floyd fan, I can't see him falling that far, let alone taken after Alshon Jeffrey. Scott what negatives have you putting Michael Floyd so low?

Scott Wright
01-27-2012, 03:56 AM
I'm a huge Michael Floyd fan, I can't see him falling that far, let alone taken after Alshon Jeffrey. Scott what negatives have you putting Michael Floyd so low?

1) Not Particularly Fast

2) Off-the-Field Issues

3) Durability Concerns

Fdmstng99
01-27-2012, 06:49 AM
I would be happy if the Ravens went with Burfict, wouldn't mind Konz either since we need help at center.

Nebkreb
01-28-2012, 01:07 PM
Have been seeing Barron to the Jets for months now. I like the idea (our safeties are awful) but I am worried that Barron is too much of a strong safety. We need a guy who excels in coverage, and can physically handle (or at least try to handle) guys like Gronk and Jimmy Graham. Leonhard is a great strong safety when he has a good coverage guy behind him (cough ed reed cough). What safeties project as the best coverage guys, and could the Jets be targeting them later on, which allows them to grab a pass rushing OLB or a RT early on?

J-Mike88
01-28-2012, 01:18 PM
Love Nick Perry to the packers. Greene said he wants a Matthews clone opposite Matthews and Perry fits the bill. Same school, athletic freak, similar size. Hope he is there come draft day.
Ditto... but I can't see Agent P being there at 28.
Unless... rumors of him testing + for something start to swirl out there......

Rosebud
01-28-2012, 04:49 PM
I like Konz a lot, but we just unforunately aren't a good fit for him since we just signed Baas to that long term deal at Center and still have Snee, Diehl, Petrus and Big Booty Boothe as guys capable of being good starters at guard. OT is a serious need, but unfortunately old man Diehl is the only interior guy who can kick out to tackle well.

With Burflict still on the board I just really don't like the pick for the giants.

descendency
01-28-2012, 05:29 PM
they already have two young OT in Smith & Saffold

Smith is a bust and Saffold sucks.

descendency
01-28-2012, 05:33 PM

He has 34 DE potential. Some people think he's out of position at NT.

nepg
01-28-2012, 05:49 PM
Yeah, that's the big reason I don't mind him in KC. I think Powe will be fine and Gregg might have 3 more years in him. But Poe can play DE and he can be one of the guys out there in 2-4-5 alignments. He's a good fit anywhere.

vidae
01-28-2012, 05:51 PM
Gregg does not have anywhere near 3 years left in him. I don't think he has another year left in him to be honest.

But I also think Poe will be great at NT, so whatevs.

nepg
01-28-2012, 06:13 PM
Gregg does not have anywhere near 3 years left in him. I don't think he has another year left in him to be honest.

But I also think Poe will be great at NT, so whatevs.
I was exaggerating because of how well he held up this year. He definitely has one more, maybe two years at around the level he was at in 2011. Definitely need to start transitioning another player into the starting role, but they have a decent situation in Gregg and Gordon. They aren't exactly big impact players, but they get the job done.

TACKLE
01-28-2012, 06:25 PM
He has 34 DE potential. Some people think he's out of position at NT.

Those people are wrong. He can play DE in a 34 but he has the tools to be one of the best nose tackles in the league.

vidae
01-28-2012, 09:20 PM
I was exaggerating because of how well he held up this year. He definitely has one more, maybe two years at around the level he was at in 2011. Definitely need to start transitioning another player into the starting role, but they have a decent situation in Gregg and Gordon. They aren't exactly big impact players, but they get the job done.

We were 26th against the run this year and DJ went to the Pro Bowl. Just imagine what he could do with an actual starting caliber NT in front of him.

And I know Dorsey and Jackson aren't exactly world beaters, but they're good against the run. The missing piece is NT for this defense to become elite.

Poe is the perfect KC pick at this point.

T-RICH49
01-28-2012, 09:29 PM
We were 26th against the run this year and DJ went to the Pro Bowl. Just imagine what he could do with an actual starting caliber NT in front of him.

And I know Dorsey and Jackson aren't exactly world beaters, but they're good against the run. The missing piece is NT for this defense to become elite.

Poe is the perfect KC pick at this point.

can't remember where I heard this but I heard a stat that Jackson and Dorsey were 1-2 among 3-4 on stops at LOS or some weird stat like that

Magaca
02-10-2012, 07:49 AM
Hey Scott, when will we see the first Post-SB mock?

fenikz
02-10-2012, 08:21 AM
I would guess he doesn't make one until after the combine

Scott Wright
02-10-2012, 05:26 PM
I will take a look at it the end of next week. If I think a bunch of changes are needed I'll do a new mock then. However, I'd prefer to wait until after the Scouting Combine closer to the end of the month and bang out a brand new two-rounder then.

fenikz
02-10-2012, 07:08 PM
How about round 3 :)

Magaca
02-11-2012, 05:42 AM
I will take a look at it the end of next week. If I think a bunch of changes are needed I'll do a new mock then. However, I'd prefer to wait until after the Scouting Combine closer to the end of the month and bang out a brand new two-rounder then.

Sounds good, looking forward to it.

bucfan12
02-11-2012, 09:17 AM

Honestly, I'd wait til after the combine. Btw, here is a prospect for you for Tampa Bay. Bobby Wagner. I'm extremely high on him at OLB. Think he could be the pick for Tampa in Round 2. Just a suggestion : )