PDA

View Full Version : Zebrie Sanders is this Year's Biggest Sleeper

Matthew Jones
01-23-2012, 12:24 AM
cV448r5f2qI

holt_bruce81
01-23-2012, 12:30 AM
I didn't know that was him.

How does that not effect his draft stock?

akvikefan89
01-23-2012, 03:23 AM
Hahaha I remember seeing this, but didn't know that was him.

Hilarious, thanks, rep'd.

BuddyCHRIST
01-23-2012, 03:43 AM
FSU's offensive line use to do this thing where if they thought the D-Line jumped offsides the center would snap the ball and the O-Line would just freeze. They would stay there and not move, I guess to make it obvious the the D-Line jumped offsides.

I always hated it because it leaves the QB open to getting killed and basically leaves no room for a free play.

Usually it happened in unison, obviously during this play it didn't and I don't know why Zebrie would stay there when he saw the rest of his lineman moving too. But thats why he was doing it.

regoob2
01-23-2012, 08:46 AM
First round pick. Seriously.

the_dark_knight
01-23-2012, 11:03 AM
I'm not a fan of Sanders at all. I follow FSU, sort of. Not a lot this year but a couple of years back I watched a lot and he was horrible, holding constantly and just always beat as a RT. He seemed to hold his own when moved over to LT for Datko this year, but I just wouldn't touch him. He came into FSU super highly touted, but I've never seen anything impressive from him for an entire game

phlysac
01-23-2012, 11:16 AM
I didn't know that was him.

How does that not effect his draft stock?

Because he did precisely what he had been coached to do.

killxswitch
01-23-2012, 11:35 AM
Because he did precisely what he had been coached to do.

Why would anyone coach a player to not move when a play is happening around him? This is the strangest thing I've ever seen on a football field.

RaiderNation
01-23-2012, 03:16 PM
I would rather have that then some of the Raider RT's we have played this past decade.

But seriously, I think he is a close to being a 1st, the Senior Bowl should help is stock a lot if he performs.

OzTitan
01-23-2012, 03:20 PM
There used to be a Madden glitch like this. I figured EA paid him so they can say it's a feature and not a glitch.

Jakey
01-23-2012, 03:22 PM
There used to be a Madden glitch like this. I figured EA paid him so they can say it's a feature and not a glitch.

Made me pee a little!!

gonzo1105
01-23-2012, 03:35 PM
I'm not a fan of Sanders at all. I follow FSU, sort of. Not a lot this year but a couple of years back I watched a lot and he was horrible, holding constantly and just always beat as a RT. He seemed to hold his own when moved over to LT for Datko this year, but I just wouldn't touch him. He came into FSU super highly touted, but I've never seen anything impressive from him for an entire game

This! I am a hugeeeee FSU fan. Sanders is really overrated. He sure does look the part of a 1st round Left Tackle in the NFL but he is a terrible run blocker and out of all the offensive lineman he is constantly called for false starts and holding penalties. When I heard that Sanders and Datko(before injury) were considered possible first rounders I started shaking my head because they are more along the lines of 3rd rounders with the way they play. I understand the NFL is a potential league and Sanders does have that but I think someone is going to severely regret taking him in the first round.

keylime_5
01-23-2012, 04:08 PM
I love his length and athleticism, he has a lot of potential - but I still think he has a ways to go before he reaches it. I thought he got beat too often as a right tackle at FSU and is a little bit soft for the NFL I think (though the league is getting to the point where it's better to be soft and athletic than physical and gritty).

I remember Ohio State not offering him despite being a big time recruit b/c of these things (plus we had Jim Bollman as OLine coach, and he was really terrible at picking guards and making them play tackle, and carrying WAY too few scholarship offensive lineman on the roster). That was the year we signed Mike Adams, Mike Brewster, and JB Shugarts. Our offensive line was very good the past two seasons, but boy it would've been a lot better if we offered Sanders. I still like Adams better - much bigger and stronger, can dominate defensive ends in the running game, more upside as a complete LT with great feet for his size - he just needs to refine his technique.

That said, in a league hungry for athletic OTs who can protect the franchise QBs, taking Sanders in the 20-30 range would make a ton of sense.

Brent
01-23-2012, 04:30 PM
I was lead to believe there would be a zebra in this thread.

DiG
01-23-2012, 04:39 PM
I was lead to believe there would be a zebra in this thread.

http://www.answersfrommen.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/side-erin_andrews_zebra.jpg

As for zebrie, he clearly has the upside to be a starting tackle but there are obvious question marks in his game. He has impressive athleticism which could help his stock at the combine and pro day workouts but on tape he is inconsistent and doesnt play to his potential.

bored of education
01-23-2012, 05:20 PM
he could move up to late first and high as Lions first rounder. He has a bit weak up top but has ok feet, decent arm length. I woudn't touch him in the top 30 myself. He seems more like Tony Ugoh than some jackasses saying that Mike Adams is Tony Ugohesque.

SenorGato
01-24-2012, 01:17 PM
Man would it be fun to caress the breasts of Erin Andrews under the moonlit stars.

Give me Datko over Sanders, and neither before the 4th.

descendency
01-24-2012, 02:40 PM
Why would anyone coach a player to not move when a play is happening around him? This is the strangest thing I've ever seen on a football field.

He felt someone jumped off sides. It's stupid, but coaches coach that.

OzTitan
01-24-2012, 03:42 PM
Zebrie Sanders used to be an offensive lineman, then he took an arrow to the knee.

Matthew Jones
01-25-2012, 07:42 AM
DraftDaddy seems to believe that Zebrie Sanders carries a lower grade than currently believed:

Florida State offensive tackle Zebrie Sanders puts in an extremely high effort but it is not always controlled. He can get overextended and lose balance, and spends too much time on the turf. Like McCants, he has above average foot speed and could be developed by the right positional coach to eventually start in the league. Sanders carries a mid round grade due to his raw technique.

SuperPacker
01-25-2012, 07:56 AM
Im guessing he had a bet from a mate to just completely stand still when the ball was stopped. No one could be that stupid, I think...

thegreatone
01-25-2012, 11:54 AM
I would take him off my board completely, after seeing that.

bigbenn
01-25-2012, 12:55 PM
Right position, wrong guy. Its Jeff Allen. Someone is going to get a 10 year starter.

Malaka
01-25-2012, 02:33 PM
Right position, wrong guy. Its Jeff Allen. Someone is going to get a 10 year starter.

True story, Zebrie Sanders is #77 the guy in the video is #73.

Edit: Well actually I can hardly tell...

Finsfan79
01-25-2012, 02:46 PM
Not a fan of Sanders after watching him in college. But, I guess never know.

bored of education
01-25-2012, 08:37 PM
I seriously doubt he is drafted in the top 2 rounds, very weak, bad leverage, gets beat by speed and bull rush.

ATLDirtyBirds
01-25-2012, 09:44 PM

Allen>Zerbie, agreed.

TACKLE
01-25-2012, 10:44 PM
Allen>Zerbie, agreed.

As do I. Though I wonder if teams will see Allen as a guard. He was lights out there today in 1-on-1's.

Sloopy
01-25-2012, 10:53 PM

Nah that was Sanders #77

Ozzy
01-26-2012, 09:59 PM
If James Carmon of Miss State was in a Florida State uniform people would be saying the same thing about him right? On how athletic and gifted he is?

Zebrie is a good player, not elite in my mind, not an elite level tackle, I would say neither he or Datko are elite level guys. Decent but not book end tackles for a decade or something.