PDA

View Full Version : 2012 New NFL Uniforms Thread

Vikes99ej
01-23-2012, 06:54 PM
Because everyone loves new jerseys!!

http://i42.tinypic.com/289zk2p.jpg

Leak of new Jags alternate. Should be interesting to see new uniforms with Nike taking over.

Bulldogs
01-23-2012, 06:56 PM
Look pretty nice to me.

Ness
01-23-2012, 06:57 PM
Jaguars 1996 jerseys are still the best.

Vikes99ej
01-23-2012, 07:00 PM
I hope they don't mess with Carolina. Some of the best sets in the league.

GatorsBullsFan
01-23-2012, 07:17 PM
are there anymore pictures of this?

OzTitan
01-23-2012, 07:51 PM
I don't think Nike taking over means anything. Franchises and the NFL approve uniforms, not the vendor. Any team could have just as easily had Reebok make them unis like those Nike college ones if they wanted it.

Iamcanadian
01-23-2012, 08:02 PM
Teams change uniforms to make money because they know the average fan will buy the new one. Tradition has gone down the drain for the love of money. Personally, I hate it when a team changes its uniform.

Brent
01-23-2012, 08:47 PM
Personally, I hate it when a team changes its uniform.
I like the current Niners one. I thought the ones they preceded it were hideous.

M.O.T.H.
01-23-2012, 08:50 PM
I would love to see Dallas rock a black jersey...ala the Lions black jerseys.

BloodBrother
01-23-2012, 08:55 PM
I like the current Niners one. I thought the ones they preceded it were hideous.

Agreed. I liked that they went back more to their traditional look. I loved what the Bills did with their unis this past year as well

Wish the Vikes would go back to their original uniforms instead of the current crap they sport

NY+Giants=NYG
01-23-2012, 08:56 PM
I hope we bring back our 1908s GIANTS uniforms. I would love that!

ElectricEye
01-23-2012, 08:57 PM
I'll third the 49ers jerseys. The "new" ones are sweet. Big improvement.

nepg
01-23-2012, 08:58 PM
I hate black jerseys. Especially for the Jaguars.

Brent
01-23-2012, 09:08 PM
Wish the Vikes would go back to their original uniforms instead of the current crap they sport
the throwbacks they wear are the best.

Malaka
01-23-2012, 09:18 PM
Black jerseys should only be alternates, it get's so annoying when every team starts doing it. It started with the Ravens, Raiders and the Steelers (even the Saints too), they always had it so let them keep it (even though they have nice purple ones too).

Cardinals, Lions, Eagles, Jaguars, Panthers, Falcons. Those teams, or at least some of them, need to hop off the whole black thing. With the aforementioned teams, there are 12 out of 32 teams who have a primary jersey color of black, does it look nice? Somewhat. But it is so boring and unoriginal.

Giantsfan1080
01-23-2012, 09:43 PM
I hope we bring back our 1908s GIANTS uniforms. I would love that!

We were supposed to wear the 86 throwbacks this year for the 25th anniversary but they ended up not doing it unfortunately.

fenikz
01-23-2012, 09:51 PM
Black jerseys should only be alternates, it get's so annoying when every team starts doing it. It started with the Ravens, Raiders and the Steelers (even the Saints too), they always had it so let them keep it (even though they have nice purple ones too).

Cardinals, Lions, Eagles, Jaguars, Panthers, Falcons. Those teams, or at least some of them, need to hop off the whole black thing. With the aforementioned teams, there are 12 out of 32 teams who have a primary jersey color of black, does it look nice? Somewhat. But it is so boring and unoriginal.

At least the cardinals is semi gray instead of just black, but you have to admit its sexy

M.O.T.H.
01-23-2012, 10:06 PM
It's impossible to not look like a bad ass in a black jersey. I love em. I'd just want it to be an alternate, though.

fenikz
01-23-2012, 11:05 PM
Is the panthers alternate Carolina blue or black, seems like its a 50/50 split for the, steelers and falcons its their normal and the rest alternates

SickwithIt1010
01-23-2012, 11:07 PM

The eagles havent worn their black uniforms since McNabb was there. Theres was an alternate as well.

DraftSavant
01-23-2012, 11:39 PM
Teams change uniforms to make money because they know the average fan will buy the new one. Tradition has gone down the drain for the love of money. Personally, I hate it when a team changes its uniform.

We agree on this.

Ness
01-24-2012, 12:51 AM

The Raiders have always had black as their main jerseys. Didn't the Ravens start with purple?

nepg
01-24-2012, 12:57 AM
Steelers & Raiders obviously don't need explanations...

Ravens: I'm OK with them wearing black jerseys because...they're the ******* Ravens. It's a black bird. I do prefer they wear purple, but they get a pass on the black jersey thing.

Falcons: Pass. They've had that look for a long time now. Also prefer they wear red just because it looks better, but they are allowed to have black.

Panthers, I'm OK with. I like their blue jerseys better, but I'm good with them pulling out the black jerseys. It's a good look and they've had it for nearly 20 years (**** I'M OLD!).

Everyone else: ******* stop it.

Some of these teams just look wretched with black anyway (Philly, to name one off the top of my head).

Ness
01-24-2012, 01:05 AM
The 49ers have great jerseys now. The design team did a fantastic job of meshing old with new.

DraftSavant
01-25-2012, 11:53 AM
Dig some digging around. Apparently, that black Jags alternate is just a photoshop of an NFLPA bowl jersey:

http://kotv.images.worldnow.com/images/16572350_SA.jpg

I've seen NFL players on Twitter who have said that there aren't any design changes with the Nike switch - just better material.

7DnBrnc53
01-26-2012, 01:53 AM
The Broncos are going to go back to orange as the main color, and the Seahawks are supposed to make a change.

XxXdragonXxX
01-26-2012, 09:06 AM
The Seahawks have announced publicly that there will be a uniform change. Supposed to be unveiled before the draft.

Fdmstng99
01-26-2012, 09:32 AM
Wonder with Nike taking over if some of the NFL players are going to be changing their numbers? Read on profootball talk that before a player wanted to change his number he had to refund Reebok for existing inventory of his jerseys. Read that Adrian Peterson has been thinking of changing his number to 21 or 23. Now that Nike is taking over the players don't have to refund Reebok if they want a number change.

Thunder&Lightning
01-26-2012, 02:03 PM
The Broncos are going to go back to orange as the main color...

I dont believe this

vikes_28
01-27-2012, 06:48 PM
Read that Adrian Peterson has been thinking of changing his number to 21 or 23. Now that Nike is taking over the players don't have to refund Reebok if they want a number change.

I highly doubt that AD is going to change his number. Also, Cedric Griffen wears 23 and Asher Allen wears 21. I wouldn't imagine that he would make them change their numbers.

Ness
01-27-2012, 06:51 PM
Wonder with Nike taking over if some of the NFL players are going to be changing their numbers? Read on profootball talk that before a player wanted to change his number he had to refund Reebok for existing inventory of his jerseys. Read that Adrian Peterson has been thinking of changing his number to 21 or 23. Now that Nike is taking over the players don't have to refund Reebok if they want a number change.

He should stick with 28. That's a good number for a running back in my opinion.

vikes_28
01-27-2012, 08:16 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1037450-2012-nfl-offseason-adrian-peterson-to-change-his-number-this-offseason

*facepalms*

GGEden
01-27-2012, 11:13 PM
The Seahawks have allowed Nike to re-design their entire uniform.

See article (with fan-created images) here: http://www.pigskinbuzz.com/new-seahawks-uniforms-coming-in-2012-says-team-president-1268

Ness
01-28-2012, 02:12 AM
These were also the best Patriots uniforms in my opinion.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-u8E-EADw8uM/TxXVvxl6G9I/AAAAAAAAGnA/AQoMjln_OgU/s320/troy-brown-030808.jpg

http://cache.boston.com/bonzai-fba/Globe_Photo/2008/09/25/brownvsjets__1222355264_8107.jpg

asdf1223
01-28-2012, 04:03 AM
http://nflseahawks.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/090927burleson450.jpg
They should make these uni's full time just to troll on the NFL.

XxXdragonXxX
01-28-2012, 09:50 AM
I loved the lime green Jersey. I'm probably the only one in the world that did though.

vikes_28
01-28-2012, 03:55 PM
I loved the lime green Jersey. I'm probably the only one in the world that did though.

I also enjoyed them.

ElectricEye
01-28-2012, 03:59 PM
The jerseys were cool. Leaving blue on the shoulders was not.

xooberon
01-28-2012, 05:18 PM
Supposedly this is the new Panthers logo:

http://i.imgur.com/ferOc.jpg

A nice update I think, the old one was looking pretty dated.

vikes_28
01-28-2012, 05:57 PM

those look 10x better than the old ones.

OSUGiants17
01-28-2012, 05:58 PM

I see no big difference :/

http://images.www.news-record.com/files/imagecache/nrcom09_image_view/Images/Carolina%20Panthers%20logo.jpg

xooberon
01-28-2012, 06:08 PM
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y22/tlrodgers82/panthers_new.png

It's not a huge difference but it's noticeable. Kind of like the updates the Lions and Cards made to their logos.

T-RICH49
01-28-2012, 06:19 PM
that's why I love the Chiefs unis.no changes outside of the red pants have or are needed to be made

Mufasa
01-28-2012, 06:44 PM
I highly doubt that AD is going to change his number. Also, Cedric Griffen wears 23 and Asher Allen wears 21. I wouldn't imagine that he would make them change their numbers.

That would such a dick move if he did.

OzTitan
01-28-2012, 07:04 PM
What's with the blue lip in the new Panthers logo. It makes it look like he's wearing lip stick.

Brent
01-28-2012, 07:18 PM
That would such a dick move if he did.
He could pay them for said number.

vikes_28
01-28-2012, 07:38 PM
The Seahawks have allowed Nike to re-design their entire uniform.

See article (with fan-created images) here: http://www.pigskinbuzz.com/new-seahawks-uniforms-coming-in-2012-says-team-president-1268

The current ones are fine. If they added more lime green accents to the current one i think they would look fine.

Go_Eagles77
01-28-2012, 07:48 PM
The seahawks may actually be my least favorite uniforms right now. I just hate that blueish-grey color for some reason, though I'm not sure if they're gonna change that.

Brent
01-28-2012, 08:11 PM
The seahawks may actually be my least favorite uniforms right now. I just hate that blueish-grey color for some reason, though I'm not sure if they're gonna change that.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/18/NFC-Throwback-Uniform-SEA.PNG

I always thought these were the best Seahawks uniforms.

J-Mike88
01-28-2012, 09:30 PM
Skittles likes them too.

Fdmstng99
02-02-2012, 10:40 AM

Link that talks about Peterson and changing his number. Not sure why you neg repped me for something I was just passing along of something I read.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/01/adrian-peterson-wanted-to-change-his-number-but-didnt-want-to-pay/

Here's another link about the NFL jerseys.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/24/if-buying-nfl-jerseys-before-april-buyer-beware/

keylime_5
02-02-2012, 10:59 AM
they had the new panthers logo in the newspaper down here last week. Definitely an improvement. I like how teams can update their logo like the Panthers, Lions, and Cardinals without completely changing it.

Zycho32
02-02-2012, 06:41 PM
As long as the Seahawks more prominently feature a second color (outside of white) on their jerseys, I'll consider the design to be an improvement.

That's what I disliked most about their mono-tone look, especially at home. Just a flat metallic blue everywhere, with only the slightest hint of other colors. Just bland and uninspiring. But heck, I could fill a whole thread about my Uniform Quirks.

RaiderNation
02-02-2012, 06:45 PM
If the Raiders change anything about our uniforms I will be pissed. Wouldn't mind using the throwback away one's though with the silver numbering. Love seeing those on MNF a few years ago against the Chargers.

DraftSavant
02-02-2012, 06:47 PM
If the Raiders change anything about our uniforms I will be pissed. Wouldn't mind using the throwback away one's though with the silver numbering. Love seeing those on MNF a few years ago against the Chargers.

Raiders will never change their jerseys.

MOST teams probably won't have any changes at all w/the new switch.

MidwestJimmy
02-03-2012, 12:47 PM

I think they should wear black pants on the road (with the white jersey). That wouldn't be too radical.

I think the Jets should have silver helmets. Nobody wears green and silver -- not even in college. Maybe there's a Division III team somewhere that does, but if they're never on TV, it goes to waste.

DraftSavant
02-03-2012, 01:15 PM

I think they should wear black pants on the road (with the white jersey). That wouldn't be too radical.

I think the Jets should have silver helmets. Nobody wears green and silver -- not even in college. Maybe there's a Division III team somewhere that does, but if they're never on TV, it goes to waste.

Nononononono

nepg
02-03-2012, 02:01 PM

Eastern Michigan used to.

vikes_28
02-03-2012, 02:15 PM

My junior high school wore green and silver, not that it matters, but just sayin

DraftSavant
02-03-2012, 02:39 PM
Khan confirms on 1010XL radio that the Jags new primaries will be black on black.

Teal jerseys will be a 3rd alternate.

Bengalsrocket
02-03-2012, 02:53 PM
Khan confirms on 1010XL radio that the Jags new primaries will be black on black.

If it was allowed, the jags would change their uniforms at halftime every game.

MetSox17
02-03-2012, 03:26 PM

Neither of which would make Blaine Gabbert look better playing quarterback.

A Perfect Score
02-03-2012, 04:13 PM
Neither of which would make Blaine Gabbert look better playing quarterback.

This was mean, but hilarious. I laughed.

DraftSavant
02-03-2012, 04:35 PM
This was mean, but hilarious. I laughed.

http://itsabout.server304.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/FunnyBecauseItsTrue.jpg

Caulibflower
02-03-2012, 05:51 PM

that's kinda badass.

DraftSavant
02-03-2012, 05:54 PM
that's kinda badass.

Yeah, I'm happy. It's going to be an alternate this season and they're going to it full-time in 2013.

OzTitan
02-03-2012, 06:13 PM
Black on Black has kinda been played out IMO - good for an alternate but it kinda strips away any real unique look and is not something I'd expect a franchise battling for its current future to go with, because it doesn't really stand out. It makes teams look like they're wearing some generic unis while their real ones are in the wash or something.

DraftSavant
02-03-2012, 06:16 PM
Black on Black has kinda been played out IMO - good for an alternate but it kinda strips away any real unique look and is not something I'd expect a franchise battling for its current future to go with, because it doesn't really stand out. It makes teams look like they're wearing some generic unis while their real ones are in the wash or something.

I generally agree, but if they go black on black and replace the stupid sparkly black/teal helmets with a matte black, it'd be such an improvement.

The Jags' uniforms right now are absolute dogshit, and teal is a sucky color to have as a primary.

http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/2010/writers/maurice_jones-drew/06/21/mmqb.mjd/maurice-jones-drew.jpg
So ugly...

Even with their classic uniforms (which I really like, especially the originals w/the block lettering), it always looked better when they'd wear all-white at home with teal as the secondary color.

http://millercards.net/im_rc_large/rc466.jpg

Mufasa
02-03-2012, 06:28 PM
I don't think there's ever been a Jaguars uniform that looked good.

Ness
02-03-2012, 06:29 PM
I don't think there's ever been a Jaguars uniform that looked good.

Their early uniforms were nice in my opinion.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_ZJIII74zuT8/TSECmcZKU3I/AAAAAAAAHNk/-b4J0Tr_0r8/s1600/mark-brunell.jpg

OzTitan
02-03-2012, 09:25 PM
Personally I'm a fan of uniforms that look unique -technically the Browns are pretty ugly and there are plenty of color combos in the NFL that down right clash, but to me having a recognizable brand is much more important for a football team than looking cool, IMO. Hell green and yellow is a pretty gross really, but a few iconic players and a winning history will help even the strangest brands embody something good, it just has to be unique enough to carry it.

The problem with the Jaguars is to go with their counter-mainstream ways, they have a generic cat logo which doesn't stand out from the pack (pro and college) and now they seem to want a primary uniform which looks identical to when other teams wear all black as a alternate. I just don't see this as being friendly to building a brand and an identity myself.

nepg
02-03-2012, 10:51 PM
I really like the Browns uniforms. Used to not like them, but it's grown on me a lot over the years.

The uniforms are just yet another example of the Jaguars not getting their **** together. They had a good uniform early on (Mark Brunnel Era), but keep ******* it up. Black is overdone and is just a cop-out to not being able to come up with something good.

Zycho32
02-04-2012, 01:19 AM

I wouldn't go that far. Going Black as a primary color isn't a generic give-in.

Going Black without secondary colors featured more than sparingly is, however.

I would put it this way; the Jaguars are one of three teams which should go with black as the primary, mainly because it would then match their black helmets (Baltimore and Atlanta are the other two). However, they need to put a solid amount of teal on the design itself. That and bring back the bleeping gold.

Leon Sandcastle
02-04-2012, 01:52 PM
Oh God I hate watching Seahawks games. Those jerseys kill my eyes.

DoughBoy
02-04-2012, 05:26 PM
Only complaint I have about the titans uniform is the helmets. Not that they look bad, but the AFL throwbacks with the Titan logo would be the best.

OzTitan
02-04-2012, 06:34 PM
The Titans uniform doesn't make much sense these days - white helmet, light blue tops, dark blue pants. I preferred the white helmet, dark blue top, white pants - had a flow to it.

I could see the Titans uniforms having a bit of a tweak in the near future, and I'd be all for a 49er style revitalization of an older look with a modern twist.