PDA

View Full Version : Raiders New HC: Dennis Allen

Complex
01-24-2012, 07:56 PM
The Oakland Raiders will hire Broncos defensive coordinator Dennis Allen as head coach, according to league sources.

The two sides spent much of Tuesday night hammering out an agreement that will make Allen the first Raiders coach with a defensive background since John Madden, according to sources. The contract is agreed to in principle but has not been signed, the sources said.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7499385/sources-oakland-raiders-hire-dennis-allen-denver-broncos-coach

vidae
01-24-2012, 08:02 PM
I think this is probably a solid hire, which sucks.

PoopSandwich
01-24-2012, 08:37 PM
weak. it's just the ghost of al davis trying to piss off elway.

If it's the ghost of Al Davis he will be fired in a year or a year in a half.

Brent
01-24-2012, 08:56 PM
If it's the ghost of Al Davis he will be fired in a year or a year in a half.
but in that time they will have drafted nothing but dudes who run a sub 4.4 40

A Perfect Score
01-24-2012, 09:04 PM
at least they have carson palmer.

Best.Post.Ever.

Ness
01-24-2012, 09:09 PM
Maybe the Raiders can finally start moving in the right direction. I still think Hue Jackson should have been kept for one more year. They could have found another defensive coordinator.

crossroads
01-24-2012, 09:22 PM
Ugh, i hate losing Dennis Allen after only one year. Hate losing him to the Raiders even more

RaiderNation
01-24-2012, 09:35 PM
It's still unknown about the offensive staff, but it we bring back Al Saunders don't be surprise to see this offense still be explosive. From the reports I've heard, Allen is a upbeat coach and leader that will get his players to play hard every Sunday. It makes a lot of sense to bring in Allen, now starts the process of evaluating the players we currently have and see what guys can stay and who will be cut.

PoopSandwich
01-24-2012, 09:44 PM
but in that time they will have drafted nothing but dudes who run a sub 4.4 40

And traded away their 2013 first round pick on top of the second rounder that year they're already giving up for an aging veteran?

ChiFan24
01-24-2012, 09:46 PM
Never heard of him.

whatadai
01-25-2012, 12:04 AM
I don't get why everyone is so excited about him. The Broncos were one of the worst if not the worst defense in 2010 so there was nowhere to go but up. They barely got better last year and still sucked...and the only reason they even got better was because of Von Miller.

Stash
01-25-2012, 12:14 AM
Interesting hire. The Broncos D seemed to improve part way through the season, we'll see what he can do with the Raiders pathetic D.

tjsunstein
01-25-2012, 12:39 AM
I don't like his resume very much leading me to think he'll be no better than Hue, or any of their last however many coaches. The Raiders needed to go with someone who has already held a HC gig, or someone who has atleast has been a consistent coordinator. One year of experience doesn't do it for me.

VernonLawson89
01-25-2012, 02:22 AM
That Broncos D is the Defensive version of Alex Smith.

A new coordinator every year.

descendency
01-25-2012, 04:59 AM
Maybe the Raiders can finally start moving in the right direction. I still think Hue Jackson should have been kept for one more year. They could have found another defensive coordinator.

Hue Jackson was fired for the GM decisions he made when Mr Davis passed. It would have been an awkward situation if they brought in a GM and a DC.

bantx
01-25-2012, 05:02 AM
That defense was carried by Tim Tebow.

SuperPacker
01-25-2012, 05:03 AM
Hue Jackson had to go. The Raiders needs a fresh start with a HC that doesnt believe in giving away all your draft picks for over aged quarterbacks.

ShutDwn
01-25-2012, 09:39 AM
Does anyone really believe this is a coincidence that this is the first defensive oriented coach they've had in a long time? Teams are beginning to build their defenses to stop Tebow. C'mon people, put it together.

Iamcanadian
01-25-2012, 12:40 PM
Finding a good HC from among coordinators in the NFL is a crapshoot at best, I can name so many flops it makes my head swim. However, every so often one turns out to be great.
Just have to wait and see on Allen. There are zero guarantees.

whatadai
01-25-2012, 02:52 PM
Does anyone really believe this is a coincidence that this is the first defensive oriented coach they've had in a long time? Teams are beginning to build their defenses to stop Tebow. C'mon people, put it together.

You can't stop Jesus.

Ness
01-25-2012, 02:57 PM
Finding a good HC from among coordinators in the NFL is a crapshoot at best, I can name so many flops it makes my head swim. However, every so often one turns out to be great.
Just have to wait and see on Allen. There are zero guarantees.

A lot of that might have to do with the GM or whoever fills that role too. Coaches that are hired but fail in their tenure as head coaches might actually in fact be knowledgeable and completely know what they are talking about. However due to "football politics" and maybe not seeing eye to eye with other people involved, their ability to coach the way they want to might be effected. Even if it's just a coordinator on the up and up.