PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Miami Dolphins thread

Da-Phins
01-25-2012, 11:17 AM
Ok folks, 2011 is over, time to bring out a new thread. Lets be more active here people! Or I will hang you by your nuts!

Some news in regards to the coaching staff

- Bowles isnt coming back

-Bengals secondary coach is getting an interview today for the DC job

- The Jags LB coach could be coming to take same position and with the title "assistant hc"

-ST's coach Darren Rizzi is staying

- If Mike Sherman doesnt get hired by the Bucs, I fully expect for him to be named the OC

Grizzlegom
01-25-2012, 11:53 AM
Ok folks, 2011 is over, time to bring out a new thread. Lets be more active here people! Or I will hang you by your nuts!

I see so many Phins fans commenting on the mock drafts yet none of them are in here. We could actually get a real, active discussion if they'd all actually come check this forum...

I'm really rooting for Sherman to not get the TB job. Philbin isn't very well-known around the league and doesn't have a whole lot of coaching experience outside of GB so it might be tough for him to get a good staff together, especially since he can't just bring all the GB people with him. Sherman would also probably want to hire some of the same guys. If we got Sherman as OC, he would bring experience and credibility and would be able to recommend a bunch of guys.

SuperPacker
01-25-2012, 11:55 AM
PM them all.

Grizzlegom
01-26-2012, 08:00 AM
With the announcement of the 4-3 defense's return to Miami, this is the likely starting point as the roster stands:

Wake - Odrick - Starks - Merling
Misi - Dansby - Burnett

Misi is a wildcard, they can move him back to DE like he played in college or they could decide to keep him up as a strongside backer. If they move Misi back to DE, Dansby would then play outside like he did early in his career and we could be on the lookout for a new ILB. McDaniel becomes the top backup at DT. No depth whatsoever at DE though, will definitely need to invest in a premium player like Coples or a free agent (Mario Williams would be nice haha).

Da-Phins
01-26-2012, 11:18 AM
Mike Sherman is in Miami today and if all things go well, he should be named the OC within the next couple days.

4U2NV
01-26-2012, 10:28 PM
I'm not too thrilled about us switching to a 4-3. We've been fairly good as a 3-4 unit for a number of years now and I don't think that our front 7 was that much of an issue. With that said, there's nothing we can really do about it so I am hoping that we'lre able to get Coples to start the transition. I'm not liking that LB corps at all. I think this decision sets this team back even more because we need to invest more time in finding the right pieces for the new scheme and that's still not taking into account our need to improve the secondary. It's possible that next season might see a flip where our offensive unit is actually more productive than our defence.

Grizzlegom
01-27-2012, 10:53 AM
Kevin Coyle and Mike Sherman official. Solid hires. I like Sherman, he was an awful recruiter and that's why he failed at A&M but he's a very good offensive mind. Don't know much of anything about Coyle other than he was Cincy's DB coach. He definitely got the most out of his talent there, wouldn't be surprised if he wants to bring Reggie Nelson with him, Nelson actually looked like an NFL starter for the first time in his career and our FS spot isn't exactly in the best of shape.

Phins827
01-27-2012, 03:52 PM
I wouldn't mind cutting Bell to free some space, signing Nelson to play FS, and moving Jones to his natural SS spot.

I also love the idea of a 4-3, if we can draft Coples.
Wake- Odrick- Starks- Coples
Misi-Dansby-Burnett
Davis-Nelson-Jones-Smith

I wont complain with that line up. Maybe even sign a good MLB, and kick Dansby out to Misi's spot

thebow305
01-27-2012, 05:59 PM
Well let me start in here by saying, I hate the move back to the 4-3. I agree with 4U2NV about it setting us back a bit, but with that being said, I'm not terribly disappointed in the new hires.

I like Philbin and Sherman, just not too sure about Coyle, I wish we would've tried like hell to keep Bowles, but you rarely see guys take a demotion in the pros to stay with a team so I understand.

More to come later...

Finsfan79
01-28-2012, 01:48 AM
I personally like the 4-3 move as I see it as a more effective defense for getting pressure on the QB. If we load the line with individuals capable of rushing the passer we can have more pressure on the Offense while playing solid schemes. The fact that we also have a new aggressive style defense makes it interesting to me.

The idea also of Coples - Stark - Odrick - Wake as a front 4 against the Pats Oline makes me ready for football. I want to beat brady into a pulp which is the most effective way to slow that team.

I would love it if we can get Spence in the 3rd round perhaps. He could be interesting in the 4-3.

Grizzlegom
01-28-2012, 07:38 AM
Now we're remaining a "hybrid" defense. I do think we'll be a hybrid in the sense that we'll be looking to acquire 43 players and run a base 4-3 with 3-4 looks. That's what the Bengals did and that's how Coyle ran his defenses in college. I expect him to be a lot more aggressive than Nolan was in order to disguise intentions and blitz from everywhere. He utilizes DB blitzes more often. Coples is someone I think compares favorably to Carlos Dunlap. If we end up drafting Coples, I suggest finding some Bengals games last year to see how they use him because that's how we'd try to line Coples up.

Some other notes, we need to lock up Jake Long term, lowering his cap number this year could be huge as we don't exactly have the best cap situation. I think Yeremiah Bell is a potential cap cut. Not sure who else would be a potential cap cut although I've seen others suggest McDaniel, Carpenter, Fasano, and Moore but I don't see any of those happening.

Da-Phins
01-29-2012, 04:30 PM
I really dont care what defense we will be running. As long as we are an aggressive, attacking defense thats all I care about. If we do lose Soliai(which would be a big mistake), it would make sense to move to a 4-3. Starks is ok as a NT but Im not sure I trust him for a full season getting things done in the middle like how I would Soliai. And if we do lose both Langford and Soliai, our personal will then be more suited for the 4-3 anyway.

Da-Phins
01-29-2012, 04:33 PM
New uniforms next season?

Lol fareal tho, I talked to Joe... They gone be a lil different RT @VontaeDavis21: "@SeanSMITH4: So I hear we got new uniforms???" STOP IT!!!!

Really wish we would go back to the old school uni's. Those were bad ass. Not like the dumb cartoon version we have now.

4U2NV
01-29-2012, 06:37 PM
Glad I didn't decide to get a Wake jersey this year.

Grizzlegom
01-29-2012, 08:38 PM
I got my Wake jersey last year haha. I'm do for a new jersey though, let's see how much it changes though haha

Grizzlegom
01-29-2012, 09:26 PM
Brandon Marshall beast moding the Pro Bowl. Why can't he play like this during the regular season?

Da-Phins
02-01-2012, 11:14 AM
Because he doesnt have a real QB throwing it to him.

Da-Phins
02-02-2012, 11:36 AM
INDIANAPOLIS — Channing Crowder is ready to return to football after a one-season sabbatical, but he made it clear to me Wednesday he’s not interested in a reunion with his former team.

Channing Crowder is open to joining any NFL team ... except the one that drafted him in 2005.
(Ben Liebenberg/NFL)

Crowder, 28, abruptly retired in August, 10 days after being cut by the Dolphins. He said then it was because his heart wasn’t in the game anymore, but he said Wednesday on Radio Row that his wife being 37 weeks pregnant at the time of his release played the biggest role in his decision to step away from the game.

Asked if there was interest in returning to the Dolphins to play under linebackers coach George Edwards — who returned to Miami on Monday after a two-year stint as defensive coordinator in Buffalo — Crowder delivered his harshest criticism yet of Dolphins general manager Jeff Ireland.

“I wouldn’t go on a team with Jeff Ireland. I’m not very confident in him,” said Crowder, who has been hosting his Miami-based radio show from Indy all week. “He doesn’t know what he’s doing in my opinion. He’s real disrespectful, he doesn’t know how to deal with people and the whole Dez Bryant (situation) kind of showed to the world what he’s about, but guys in the building know what he’s really about.”

(In case you forgot, Ireland asked Bryant during a pre-draft interview if his mother once was a prostitute. The GM later apologized.)

“He’s not a good person,” Crowder added. “He has no class, and I wouldn’t choose to go back and play there. And I would have to say it’s the only team I don’t want to play for.”

Well someone is a little bitter. Dont disagree with everything he said but damn.

Grizzlegom
02-03-2012, 07:55 AM
The thing is, Crowder said many times that he would welcome playing for the Dolphins again. I guess he was assuming Ireland would be gone. I don't think Crowder is alone in his beliefs either. A lot of grumblings around the league that a lot of coaches were turned off because of Ross' commitment to Ireland and they didn't want him as their GM...

4U2NV
02-05-2012, 01:01 PM
I really wish that Ross would have totally cleaned house after this season, including getting rid of Ireland.

Da-Phins
02-09-2012, 10:53 AM
So guys would you take your chance on Manning? Or rather go the Flynn or a rookie route?

Grizzlegom
02-09-2012, 01:28 PM
I think we need to sign one of Manning/Flynn and draft a QB. If we get Manning, I'd hope for Weeden in the second. If we sign Flynn, I'd be rooting for a mid-round guy like BJ Coleman of Ryan Lindley to develop.

Personally, I lean towards Flynn. We're not getting Luck and I'm not sure I'd even want RGIII in the extremely unlikely event that he falls to us. I do like Tannehill but he's not ready to play right away. I don't think Manning will ever be Manning again. So yea, that leaves Flynn with a mid/late round developmental guy.

Da-Phins
02-11-2012, 10:47 AM
Looks like the coaching staff is finally complete. Philbin brought in a **** load of coaches. Kinda odd we have an assistant QB coach, but no QB coach.

Miami Dolphins 2012 Coaching Staff

Joe Philbin........Head Coach
Blue Adams........Assistant Defensive Backs
Lou Anarumo........Defensive Backs
Charlie Bullen........Defensive Assistant
Dan Campbell........Tight Ends
David Corrao........Defensive Quality Control/Assistant Linebackers
Kevin Coyle........Defensive Coordinator
George Edwards........Linebackers
Dave Fipp........Assistant Special Teams
Ben Johnson........Offensive Assistant
Darren Krein........Head Strength and Conditioning
Phil McGeoghan........Assistant Wide Receivers
Chris Mosley........Assistant Offensive Line
Jeff Nixon........Running Backs
Ken O'Keefe........Wide Receivers
Dave Puloka ........Assistant Strength and Conditioning
Darren Rizzi........Special Teams Coordinator
Kacy Rodgers........Defensive Line
Mike Sherman........Offensive Coordinator
Zac Taylor........Assistant Quarterbacks
Jim Turner........Offensive Line

Grizzlegom
02-11-2012, 02:27 PM
Lots of random guys there, haven't heard of many of them. I do like O'Keefe a lot. A lot of college assistants, which wasn't surprising given that Green Bay told Philbin they would block him from taking any assistants with him and he's really only been in GB his whole career. I do like that we brought Edwards back and retained Rodgers, both have been great position coaches.

DI
02-14-2012, 02:21 PM
Hey guys. Giant fan here. Was just curious. I remember seeing something towards the end of the season, reported by Armando Salguero I want to say but don't hold me to that, that Jake Long might possibly be available this off-season. Have you guys heard anything like that down there? Any truth what so ever?

Da-Phins
02-16-2012, 09:36 AM
Aint gonna happen. just a journalist speculating and trying to cause a bit of a buzz in the offseason. Long had a bit of a down here and played through an injury but he should be back in good health next season.

Grizzlegom
02-16-2012, 03:34 PM
What Da-Phins said. There are concerns over giving Long a big-time extension because of the injury but he's got a huge cap number so it might happen anyway. They'd much rather eat his huge cap number than release/trade him though.

Da-Phins
02-23-2012, 09:01 PM
Blah...pretty boring time in the NFL right now. Come on March 13th. Hurry up and get here!

Oh, and apparently Jeff Ireland and Paul Soliai's agent will meet at the combine later this week. I still say it's a 95 percent chance he will end up playing for another team. Love the guy, but its the right thing to do if we want to pay 10+ million for a QB this year.

4U2NV
02-24-2012, 11:15 AM
First piece of good news in a while...we won the coin toss!

Da-Phins
03-01-2012, 09:14 PM
How would you guys like this? Sign Peyton Manning to a two year deal with plenty of incentives in his 2nd year and then draft Ryan Tannehill with our 8th pick.

Jump for joy and then run across America naked?...I think so....

Phins827
03-01-2012, 09:21 PM
How would you guys like this? Sign Peyton Manning to a two year deal with plenty of incentives in his 2nd year and then draft Ryan Tannehill with our 8th pick.

Jump for joy and then run across America naked?...I think so....

Absolutely. I'm all for that move. But ONLY if we draft Tannehill. Manning is likely done after 2-3 years. We need someone developing behind him, and I think Tannehill has the potential to be a very good QB if he has the time to develop.

Grizzlegom
03-02-2012, 09:55 PM
I'm on board with doubling up on Manning/Tannehill. I'd also be okay with Manning and then someone on day two like Weeden, Osweiler, or Cousins. No matter Manning or Flynn, I think we need to take someone in the first three rounds haha.

Da-Phins
03-02-2012, 10:18 PM
I dont watch much college football so I dont have much of an opinion on the lower tier guys but I have heard alot of good things about Weeden. Too bad he's already 28 years old. If we did sign Manning and then drafted Weeden, wouldnt like the fact that Weeden would be 30 by the time he becomes a starter.

4U2NV
03-04-2012, 12:33 PM
I'm not a Weeden fan at all, I don't see what all the fuss is about with him, especially considering his age.

I also think pursuing Manning is a mistake, I don't think this team is set up to win now so getting Peyton is a waste of time. I'll still support him if he's here but I don't think it's wise to go after him when there's still quite a bit of work to do.

I am still hoping beyond all hope that we make a play for RG3 but Ross seems to be acting like a spoiled kid holding a grudge. Apparently we don't want to deal with St. Louis after Fisher chose them over us. If that's true then that is flat out embarassing. Refusing to do business with a team over something as trivial as that when the potential future of our franchise is at stake is juvenile. "I didn't get my way so I'm not talking to you anymore...waah, waah!" I hate this regime.

Grizzlegom
03-10-2012, 01:38 PM
Really not sounding too good on the Manning front. : (

Da-Phins
03-10-2012, 10:18 PM
Yeah Im starting to doubt it a little bit too but I'm still holding hope. Would really be disappointing if we dont sign Manning. This team NEEDS him way more then the other teams do. Its time to break the Marino curse and start winning.

Da-Phins
03-11-2012, 11:47 AM
I'm not a Weeden fan at all, I don't see what all the fuss is about with him, especially considering his age.

I also think pursuing Manning is a mistake, I don't think this team is set up to win now so getting Peyton is a waste of time. I'll still support him if he's here but I don't think it's wise to go after him when there's still quite a bit of work to do.

I am still hoping beyond all hope that we make a play for RG3 but Ross seems to be acting like a spoiled kid holding a grudge. Apparently we don't want to deal with St. Louis after Fisher chose them over us. If that's true then that is flat out embarassing. Refusing to do business with a team over something as trivial as that when the potential future of our franchise is at stake is juvenile. "I didn't get my way so I'm not talking to you anymore...waah, waah!" I hate this regime.

We were one of the teams who were in serious talks with the Rams before they traded the pick to the Skins according to Peter King so there goes that.

4U2NV
03-12-2012, 09:52 AM
Do you really trust anything Peter King says?

Da-Phins
03-12-2012, 03:09 PM
Manning to meet with Philbin and maybe Sherman within the next couple days. Anyone else as giddy as I am that he will meet with those two instead of Ross and Ireland? I think our chances has just increased by 80 percent now.

Grizzlegom
03-12-2012, 03:12 PM
Manning to meet with Philbin and maybe Sherman within the next couple days. Anyone else as giddy as I am that he will meet with those two instead of Ross and Ireland? I think our chances has just increased by 80 percent now.

hahaha, yea meeting with them is probably better. I'm a little worried that this is going to spill over into free agency. If we put our eggs in the Manning basket, we could lose Flynn and vice versa. I almost wonder if Manning is waiting to see who signs Wayne/Saturday/Clark. Imagine if Denver got Clark, Saturday to Arizona and we got Wayne or something like that. Wouldn't make Manning's choice any easier...

Grizzlegom
03-12-2012, 03:21 PM
In other news, OJ Atogwe got released today by the Redskins. Mildly surprising given they just signed him last year to a big contract. He missed time with injuries this year and I don't think he really got a fair shot there. We've expressed interest in him in the past, between him and Nelson, we could find a FS in FA. Also sounds like they realize they need to keep Yeremiah Bell around despite his cap number because there simply isn't an alternative. I like the idea of Atogwe/Nelson at FS, let Jones backup Bell at SS for the season and let him take over as the starter next year. Clemons is an adequate backup at FS IMO.

Da-Phins
03-13-2012, 10:19 AM
Manning meet with Philbin and a few other coaches last night for about 6 hours. Philbin reminds people alot of Tony Dungy so hopefully that can work in our advantage.

And also....FA is almost here baby! Cant wait!/Bart Scott voice

4U2NV
03-13-2012, 03:03 PM
Brandon Marshall traded to Chicago for two 3rd rounders?!

Wow! I'm pissed. Our best offensive weapon gone.

Quagmire
03-13-2012, 03:12 PM
Brandon Marshall traded to Chicago for two 3rd rounders?!

Wow! I'm pissed. Our best offensive weapon gone.

Not me. Good riddance. For as talented as he is, he is a losing player. They will find someone to replace him and be better off..

I am more pissed that we traded 2 2's and come back with only 2 3's. Shows just how far his value had dropped.

Grizzlegom
03-13-2012, 03:33 PM
Wow, kept posting in the 2011 thread, whoops. I'm alright with the trade honestly. If we get Manning/Wayne now I'm even more than alright. Even if we don't, the compensation was fair IMO and I never really liked B-Marsh anyway.

Da-Phins
03-13-2012, 03:41 PM
I'm speechless. No way did I ever imagine that we would trade Marshall. I will only be alright with it IF it opens the doors for Manning and few others.

I do feel we could've got more then just 2 3rd rounders. Should've gotten atleast a 2nd rounder and a 5th rounder.

Da-Phins
03-13-2012, 04:13 PM
Miami media has been saying that something is in the works and to be patient, so we'll see.....

4U2NV
03-13-2012, 11:17 PM
If that something is Laurent Robinson we've got problems. I'm not sure how this trade improves our team or makes us more desireable to Manning. Is he really going to want to sign for a team without a WR1? Not likely. I don't even think Flynn is likely at this point. We might be looking at Tannehill instead, or try to beef up the D with our pick and hope to get one of Barkley, Wilson or Bray next April.

Grizzlegom
03-14-2012, 07:45 AM
If that something is Laurent Robinson we've got problems. I'm not sure how this trade improves our team or makes us more desireable to Manning. Is he really going to want to sign for a team without a WR1? Not likely. I don't even think Flynn is likely at this point. We might be looking at Tannehill instead, or try to beef up the D with our pick and hope to get one of Barkley, Wilson or Bray next April.

The Flynn market has been non-existent. Pretty much everyone is reporting Seattle and Cleveland haven't even really talked to him and nobody that has talked to him have talked contract. It should be interesting to see how things play out but I think Manning and Flynn are both very much in play. I don't think Laurent is a number one or anything but if Philbin is looking to employ the GB offense, he's a great fit for what he did up there. Marshall could have fit the offense but his me-first attitude and the way we had to force-feed him the ball last year to keep him happy would not fly with this coaching staff.

Da-Phins
03-14-2012, 09:47 AM

You still want Marshall after his latest incident? The guy cant stay out of trouble. I thought the trade was foolish to make but after he had yet another run in and supposedly punch a woman in the face, we dont need that **** here. He's a headcase who will always have problems.

Some FA updates

-We made an offer to Soliai so hopefully we can get the big guy back

-Still talking to Langford about a contract

- We started contract talks with Flynn and he wants to be here. I fully expect him to be our next QB.

- Eric Winston is visiting and his brother is a member of the scout team so that may work in our advantage

- Richard Marshall is visiting today too. Would be a good addition.

4U2NV
03-14-2012, 12:54 PM
I would love to sign Winston, I hope that happens.

I've heard that the Dolphins haven't talked contract with Flynn yet though, seems like there's conflicting reports out there. Also, Flynn has a meeting set up with Seattle tomorrow.

I'm curious to see what we do at the draft if Justin Blackmon is still on the board at 8.

Grizzlegom
03-14-2012, 04:23 PM
We are getting Soliai back

@BenVolinPBP
Just confirmed that Paul Soliai is in fact coming back to the Dolphins. Definitely surprising given how little movement there was for awhile

Grizzlegom
03-14-2012, 04:32 PM
In other news, I've heard Sean Smith is on the block and that we are coming in a bit low too Winston because we know he wants to be in Miami. Hoping he'll take discount to reunite with Sherman, his college, and the fact the wife is from Miami area.

Da-Phins
03-14-2012, 10:42 PM
Great move bringing back Soliai. Thought for sure he was a goner.

Also a good addition signing Richard Marshall. 3 year/16 million seems like starter money to me. Wonder if Sean Smith truly is on his way out or maybe a move to FS for Marshall? Anyway our defense will be damn good this season. Wish could say same for offense. Manning chase seems over now and dunno if we even have enough room to sign Flynn now. Seahawks seem to want Flynn and not want him to leave when he visits Thursday.

Da-Phins
03-15-2012, 06:50 PM
Peyton has broken my little heart :(

We are officially out of the hunt now.

More news

- It appears we have signed former Jet Jamaal Western

- Matt Flynn will visit the Dolphins in the next couple days. That is IF the Seahawks dont lock him up. Been reading around that they want to sign him before he leaves

- Langford isnt getting a big market like he hoped, so dont be surprised if he ends up coming back.

- Eric Winston wants to get PAAAAAID. Want to be the highest paid RT, so doubt he will be signing here

Grizzlegom
03-17-2012, 08:03 AM
Looking good on the Matt Flynn front. I get the feeling he isn't going to get an outrageous contract either and we're gonna be able to get him and possibly Mark Anderson. I get the feeling we're going to be looking Tannehill at 8 regardless.

Grizzlegom
03-18-2012, 07:18 AM
And now Alex Smith is in town for a visit.

4U2NV
03-18-2012, 01:09 PM
I hate that we're lowballing Flynn. Either you want him or you don't, stop this crap and offer the guy a decent contract. Alex Smith or David Garrard would be a disaster. I'm worried that we're going to push Flynn to sign with Seattle.

thebow305
03-18-2012, 03:46 PM
I hate that we're lowballing Flynn. Either you want him or you don't, stop this crap and offer the guy a decent contract. Alex Smith or David Garrard would be a disaster. I'm worried that we're going to push Flynn to sign with Seattle.

Me too, I'm deathly afraid of this. I hate us.

4U2NV
03-18-2012, 10:48 PM
I hate being right sometimes. At this point, given our options another season with Matt Moore might be the best choice. Not a happy Dolphin fan at the moment.

Grizzlegom
03-19-2012, 08:10 AM
After missing out on Peyton, I had the feeling that Tannehill was the guy they would covet the most but I still expected us to get some real veteran competition for him. I'd be okay with Alex Smith if he signs cheaply but I doubt he's looking to. No thanks on Garrard. Looks like Matt Moore vs. Ryan Tannehill now

4U2NV
03-19-2012, 11:03 AM
Peyton Manning to the Broncos, I wonder if Ross will turn his attentions towards trading for Tebow now?

Da-Phins
03-19-2012, 12:36 PM
God I hope not but it seems like something he would be interested in doing. Afterall, he does want a "rock star" QB.

God Im so tired of this ******* pathetic franchise. No one wants to come to Miami. We are going to end up going into the season with Moore as our ******* QB. Enjoy our horrible offense this season folks.

thebow305
03-19-2012, 12:54 PM
After missing out on Peyton, I had the feeling that Tannehill was the guy they would covet the most but I still expected us to get some real veteran competition for him. I'd be okay with Alex Smith if he signs cheaply but I doubt he's looking to. No thanks on Garrard. Looks like Matt Moore vs. Ryan Tannehill now

This is my hope at the moment. PLEASE GOD NO TIM TEBOW. We will soon find out whether it's the football aspect or the social aspect that Ross truly cares about.

I had a conversation with someone today about the QB situation and he brought up a GREAT point. While the brass has given us virtually no reason to expect them to make the right decisions or that they even have anything remotely resembling a plan for the short and long-term focus/success of this team, I have no reason to doubt Joe Philbin at this point. Yet. And there HAS to be something to be said for Philbin not absolutely hammering home to the brass that it was IMPERATIVE to bring in Matt Flynn. Maybe Philbin knows something that we don't, or something that some do and an idea some are just hiding from. And that is, that maybe Matt Flynn just isn't that good. And for a guy that is still only 26 years old, and with the support he was receiving, we would be forced to commit to him for the long term. And maybe, just MAYBE Philbin felt that wasn't in the Phins best interest.

Adding to that is the fact that Ryan Tannehill is still out there for the taking in April. And maybe Sherman is convinced this is our guy, and he was able to convince Ireland, Philbin and Ross that this was the way to go, then I believe him. Mike Sherman is a very good offensive coach that's been around the game for a long time, and if he thinks Tannehill is the way to go, then I would prefer him over Matt Flynn any day. Because for all we know, we are getting a more athletic, stronger-armed, younger version of the Packer's long time backup that won't be expected to come in and start right away. One that we can mentor for a year or two until he is comfortable with running this offense and until our coaches and Sherman feel he is ready.

Those are my thoughts on the Dolphins QB situation as it stands right now. It seems like a dark time for most Phins fans right now, but I truly believe it's not as bad as some are making it seem and that includes the media and the usual panicking Dolphins fair-weathered fans. It sucks we missed out on Peyton, I'll give you that, but Alex Smith sucks and Matt Flynn is still a backup-level player until he proves different, if he ever does. The situation isn't that bad and isn't much different than it was before the Peyton saga began. The world is not going to end. The draft if coming soon, which means new hope is coming. Let's keep that hope alive. For now anyway. :)

Bills2083
03-19-2012, 03:04 PM
I come in peace, guys.
If for some reason Tannehill goes to the Browns at 4 or someone trades up in front of you guys to pick him, what would you say Miami's plan is for QB? Do they look to look for one later in the draft, sign a vet, a combination of the two, hope for Barkley next year, etc.? Just curious because I like to keep tabs on the other teams within the division

thebow305
03-19-2012, 04:04 PM
I come in peace, guys.
If for some reason Tannehill goes to the Browns at 4 or someone trades up in front of you guys to pick him, what would you say Miami's plan is for QB? Do they look to look for one later in the draft, sign a vet, a combination of the two, hope for Barkley next year, etc.? Just curious because I like to keep tabs on the other teams within the division

I think Brandon Weeden then becomes a real possibility in a trade down, or possibly even a trade up from the 2nd round back into the first.

Grizzlegom
03-19-2012, 07:27 PM
We released Yeremiah Bell. If there isn't an immediate signing of someone with a relatively large contract in the next 24 hours (be it Alex Smith or Mark Anderson), I'm going to be pissed.

Grizzlegom
03-19-2012, 07:29 PM
And we just signed David Garrard. Please tell me we did not just pay David Garrard so much money that we had to ******* cut Yeremiah.

thebow305
03-19-2012, 07:58 PM
I doubt it. But we better be signing Anderson, asap. Wimbley would've been nice :/

Da-Phins
03-21-2012, 11:54 AM
I dont know about you all but I cant wait until 2013 offseason! This season will be a joke IMO.

Having a top 5 pick and Ireland being fired will be oh sweet music to my ears.

Da-Phins
03-21-2012, 11:57 AM
I doubt it. But we better be signing Anderson, asap. Wimbley would've been nice :/

Anderson is starting to get a big market so I doubt he will come here. While Ireland is here, we wont be able to bring in many impact players. Better hope we can draft well!

Da-Phins
03-21-2012, 12:37 PM
Forget about Anderson now. He's close to signing with the Bills. Man this offseason is just getting better and better. Not only are we the laughing stock in the NFL lead by an idiot who is scaring away players , but other teams in our division are actually bringing in some talented players. Please hurry up and get here 2013!

Grizzlegom
03-22-2012, 09:33 PM
I can't wait to see how the draft plays out. If we get Tannehill and a few key contributors in the 2nd-4th rounds I think we'll be fine. I understand the rage to some extent but I also think some of it is a little much. Not getting Manning sucked but its not like we didn't try. I never thought Flynn was a franchise QB and I'm not in the least bit upset that we didn't overpay to bring him here. The fact that his offensive coordinator didn't feel he was a 100% upgrade over Matt Moore is really telling on how good Flynn actually is IMO. I'm also not a big RGIII guy so I don't mind that we didn't mortgage the future to try and get up to get him. I don't like Garrard at all but I also don't expect him to see the field this year as I don't see him beating out Moore, who is a MUCH better fit for the offense we'll be running or Tannehill if we get him.

overall, if we come out of the draft with Tannehill or Weeden, a pass rusher that can contribute early, an offensive lineman that can push for a starting spot, and a starting WR, I'll be happy and with four picks in the first three rounds, I don't see that as an impossibility. The only hole we'd have if we got all that would be either a safety or nickel (depending where Marshall is playing) but that could be rendered moot if both Clemons and Jones take steps forward this season as both have flashed the ability to be starters IMO.

Da-Phins
03-25-2012, 09:51 AM
Jake Scott and Phillip Wheeler visited the team yesterday. And here I thought the team was done with FA visits.

But Scott would be a good addition to the team. Much needed. Hopefully the dumbass Ireland didnt scare him away yesterday.

Da-Phins
04-05-2012, 08:54 PM
Dolphins signed former Vikings Tyrell Johnson. Havent watched him much but from the sound of things, he's just a younger version on Bell. Struggles in pass coverage but a smart player who hits hard. Even after the signing the Dolphins are still in play for Bell and also are the Eagles and the ******* Pats. Would be a punch in the gut if he signs there.

thebow305
04-06-2012, 03:53 PM
Former Pats ILB Gary Guyton and Raiders DE Quentin Groves are going to be visiting in the coming days. Both would be solid depth signings IMO.

thebow305
05-06-2012, 11:04 AM
The Dolphins have signed DE/OLB Cameron Wake to a four-year, $49 million extension through 2016.

$20 million is reportedly guaranteed. Wake sat out portions of OTAs while waiting for a raise from the $615,000 base salary he was due in 2012. The versatile 30-year-old was entering the final year of the four-year, $2.4 million deal he signed in 2009 after winning the CFL defensive player of the year award the previous two seasons. Pro Football Focus graded Wake as the league's best 3-4 outside linebacker in 2011.

Per rotoworld.com and Jason LaCanfora's twitter

https://twitter.com/#!/JasonLaCanfora/status/199153140979867650

:)

Da-Phins
05-07-2012, 09:14 AM
Its about ******* time he got paid. Was expecting this to drag out into the season and maybe even the offseason. Next up Jake Long!

Grizzlegom
05-07-2012, 03:14 PM
Wooooooooo Cameron Wake!!!!!!!!!! <3

Matthew Jones
05-08-2012, 09:33 AM
My projected 53-man roster for the Dolphins is below. How close am I?

1. QB Ryan Tannehill
2. QB Matt Moore
3. QB David Garrard
4. RB Reggie Bush
5. RB Daniel Thomas
6. RB Lamar Miller
7. RB Steve Slaton
8. FB Charles Clay
9. WR Brian Hartline
10. WR Clyde Gates
11. WR Jeff Fuller
12. WR B.J. Cunningham
13. WR Rishard Matthews
14. WR Legedu Naanee
15. TE Anthony Fasano
16. TE Michael Egnew
17. TE Will Yeatman
18. OT Jake Long
19. OT Jonathan Martin
20. OT Lydon Murtha
21. OT Dustin Waldron
22. OG Richie Incognito
23. OG John Jerry
24. OG Derek Dennis
25. OG Artis Hicks
26. C Mike Pouncey
27. C Ryan Cook
28. DT Kheeston Randall
29. DT Paul Soliai
30. DE Randy Starks
31. DE Jared Odrick
32. DE Olivier Vernon
33. DE Jacquies Smith
34. DE Tony McDaniel
35. LB Cameron Wake
36. LB Karlos Dansby
37. LB Kevin Burnett
38. LB Jamaal Westerman
39. LB Koa Misi
40. LB Josh Kaddu
41. CB Vonte Davis
42. CB Richard Marshall
43. CB Sean Smith
44. CB Nolan Carroll
45. CB Jonathan Wade
46. S Tyrell Johnson
47. S Chris Clemons
48. S Tyrone Culver
49. S Reshad Jones
50. S Kelcie McCray
51. K Dan Carpenter
52. P Brandon Fields
53. LS John Denney

Grizzlegom
05-08-2012, 12:44 PM
I'd be shocked if Nate Garner wasn't on the roster. He might even be the front runner for the RG spot. I also think Artis Hicks and Jimmy Wilson both make it for sure. I think Jerome Messam will find a spot somewhere on the roster as well. The WRs are a crapshoot, only three that I think have guaranteed spots are Bess, Hartline, and Gates.

thebow305
05-11-2012, 05:38 PM
My projected 53-man roster for the Dolphins is below. How close am I?

1. QB Ryan Tannehill
2. QB Matt Moore
3. QB David Garrard
4. RB Reggie Bush
5. RB Daniel Thomas
6. RB Lamar Miller
7. RB Steve Slaton
8. FB Charles Clay
9. WR Brian Hartline
10. WR Clyde Gates
11. WR Jeff Fuller
12. WR B.J. Cunningham
13. WR Rishard Matthews
14. WR Legedu Naanee
15. TE Anthony Fasano
16. TE Michael Egnew
17. TE Will Yeatman
18. OT Jake Long
19. OT Jonathan Martin
20. OT Lydon Murtha
21. OT Dustin Waldron
22. OG Richie Incognito
23. OG John Jerry
24. OG Derek Dennis
25. OG Artis Hicks
26. C Mike Pouncey
27. C Ryan Cook
28. DT Kheeston Randall
29. DT Paul Soliai
30. DE Randy Starks
31. DE Jared Odrick
32. DE Olivier Vernon
33. DE Jacquies Smith
34. DE Tony McDaniel
35. LB Cameron Wake
36. LB Karlos Dansby
37. LB Kevin Burnett
38. LB Jamaal Westerman
39. LB Koa Misi
40. LB Josh Kaddu
41. CB Vonte Davis
42. CB Richard Marshall
43. CB Sean Smith
44. CB Nolan Carroll
45. CB Jonathan Wade
46. S Tyrell Johnson
47. S Chris Clemons
48. S Tyrone Culver
49. S Reshad Jones
50. S Kelcie McCray
51. K Dan Carpenter
52. P Brandon Fields
53. LS John Denney

I'd probably replace Waldron with Nate Garner and Kelcie McCray with Jimmy Wilson. I agree that Messam will probably make it as well. Maybe over Yeatman?

Grizzlegom
05-11-2012, 07:44 PM
I'd probably replace Waldron with Nate Garner and Kelcie McCray with Jimmy Wilson. I agree that Messam will probably make it as well. Maybe over Yeatman?

I know the staff liked Slaton but if Miller is healthy, I'd expect him to take Slaton's roster spot and Messam will slot into Hilliard's old spot.

Da-Phins
05-30-2012, 10:38 AM
*knock knock...anybody here?

Anyone else pumped to see the Dolphins going on Hard Knocks?

Grizzlegom
05-31-2012, 09:49 AM
I'm excited for sure.

Da-Phins
06-11-2012, 10:10 AM
Ocho Cinco is working out with the Dolphins sometimes this week.

Really kinda iffy on bringing him in. Yeah he would bring some vet experience, but dont think he has much left in the tank and if football is really #1 on his mind anymore.

Da-Phins
06-11-2012, 07:34 PM
Ochocinco is a Miami Dolphin!

Hard Knocks should be even more fun for us Dolphins fans now.

Grizzlegom
06-12-2012, 09:26 AM
I'm alright with the signing. I love how everyone says we're awful because we signed Ocho to a one year deal. Its not like we can't release him if he's a problem :-\

Grizzlegom
07-13-2012, 08:15 PM
Looks like Ross wants to change the uniforms and logo. Do not want.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82a87d93/article/miami-dolphins-talk-with-nfl-about-logo-change-for-13?campaign=Facebook_atl_sessler

Da-Phins
07-14-2012, 07:24 PM
Oh I do want. Never really cared too much for the current logo. Too much like a cartoon. I read that it was just gonna be a minor change anyway. Though I would love it if they change it back old school like the 49ers did but I seriously doubt they ever will.

Grizzlegom
07-26-2012, 06:13 PM
Just saw we signed Eric Steinbach. That's a good underrated move that I'm a fan of. John Jerry has pretty much blown his last chance it appears, I'll be surprised if he makes the final roster now.

Grizzlegom
07-28-2012, 06:31 PM
Hearing we're talking to Steelers about Mike Wallace because they don't want to pay him after paying Antonio Brown. Wallace for V-Jax money? Yes please.

RaiderNation
08-01-2012, 05:22 PM
Who do you guys seeing winning the starting TE job Fasano or Egnew?

Grizzlegom
08-01-2012, 06:12 PM
Fasano. Egnew should play a lot in obvious passing situations but Fasano will be the starter for sure.

SolidGold
08-06-2012, 01:25 PM
I have been hearing pretty good things about Tannehill. I can't wait to see how he plays in preseason.

Grizzlegom
08-06-2012, 08:42 PM
I've heard mostly good things as well, although I hear the standard rookie "can't handle the rush" talk as well. Apparently Garrard is the starter for now, still surprised by that as most things I've heard are that he and Moore are on even footing and I would have thought Moore would get the leg up given his play last year.

SolidGold
08-07-2012, 02:10 PM
Garrard over Moore puzzles me a little too but honestly the Dolphins QB depth is pretty decent and they can either keep Moore or trade him for a mid round pick at the end of pre season.

Da-Phins
08-07-2012, 02:28 PM
Why is it puzzling that Garrard is ahead of Moore? Based on all the camp reports Ive read from numerous reporters, Garrard has been by far the most consistent QB so far in camp. But it shouldnt be all that surprising considering that Moore isnt a good practice player and usually turns it on during gamedays. Moore isnt out yet but he's gonna have to play lights out in the preseason if he wants the job.

Now what is puzzling is that Marshall is ahead of Davis on the depth chart and is taking snaps away from him.

Da-Phins
08-07-2012, 02:32 PM
Who do you guys seeing winning the starting TE job Fasano or Egnew?

I actually dont expect Egnew to play much this year with Fasano and Clay being ahead of him. Hell as of right now, he's listed as the 4th string TE. Doesnt mean much at the moment but still, kinda head scratching that he isnt outplaying a guy like Mastrud. IMO, next year is when I think Egnew will have a role in the offense once Fasano is gone.

draftguru151
08-10-2012, 08:34 PM
Tannehill. <3

SolidGold
08-11-2012, 04:36 PM
Tannehill. <3

Saw his stat line and it was impressive. How did he look running the offense? How was his arm? Tannehill has so much potential, it still makes me laugh that the Skins gave up so much for Griffin when Tannehill is as equal of a QB prospect as Griffin was.

4U2NV
08-11-2012, 10:36 PM
Anybody catch Hard Knocks the other day? Pretty entertaining show. Although Vontae was embarrassing and Chad came across like a punk (and now he's in custody, awesome!)

Tannehill on the other hand impressed the hell out of me with his work ethic. Showing up at the facility at 11pm and then working for an hour when the rest of the team was long gone and back the next day on only 5 hours of sleep. That coupled with his performance against Tampa Bay makes me happy. Might not be long until he's under center for good.

As far as changing the logo? Ugh, no! I hate when teams stray from their identity, especially when it's as iconic and long-standing as ours. Anything to make an extra buck or two. I hate Stephen Ross, can't leave well enough alone.

Da-Phins
08-15-2012, 11:15 AM
With Chad gone, who do you think will step up and take that #3 spot? My bet was Wallace but after watching Hard Knocks last night, I didnt realize how down the coaching staff was on him. Moore seems to be taking some reps with the 1's but not impressing all that much. Gates is a goner IMO and none of the rookies are ready to play. We are in some deep, deep hell if Hartline doesnt come back soon.

Oh and yeah, Tannehill is pretty awesome. Love the improvements he's made since OTA's. Seems like he will be the guy come opening day.

Grizzlegom
08-16-2012, 08:19 PM
Really hope Hartline can get healthy and get back ASAP. We definitely need him now. I don't particularly trust Naanee, his career has been a model of inconsistency. Who knows, maybe this is the year he puts it all together. I do think that if Hartline can be healthy and play, he could be a legit threat in this offense. If just one guy out of the rest can step up, we could be okay. Would love to see this Hogan kid make it but I get the feeling its more a Hard Knocks story than anything (similar to Les Brown).

I've heard that B.J. Cunningham has come on strong lately. The staff seemed content sitting on early WR talent because they thought they could grab someone late and turn them into a player and he's the first one they grabbed. Would be a major disappointment if he can't get a roster spot from Wallace/Moore/Pruitt.

draftguru151
08-16-2012, 10:40 PM
Ugh we're relying on Brian Hartline to make our receivers not be complete ****.

Grizzlegom
08-20-2012, 02:48 PM
Tannehill officially named the starter! Gonna be a rough start, his supporting cast makes Gabbert's from last year look like a cast of pro bowlers.

Also, I realize I'm stating the obvious here but, holy **** Omar Kelly is a moron.

draftguru151
08-20-2012, 03:29 PM
Woo Tanny. Yea offense is gonna blow this year. Lots of passes to Fasano and th RBs please.

What is Kelly saying?

Da-Phins
08-20-2012, 07:43 PM
Tannehill officially named the starter! Gonna be a rough start, his supporting cast makes Gabbert's from last year look like a cast of pro bowlers.

Also, I realize I'm stating the obvious here but, holy **** Omar Kelly is a moron.

Tanny Time!!!! For better for worse. Cant back out now.

And yes, you are stating the obvious. So what is he doing now? someone called him out and then he went on a rant about how great of a football mind he is then blocked them?

Grizzlegom
08-20-2012, 08:59 PM
Just being himself, he was talking earlier about how Garrard could still win the job back if he gets healthy.

draftguru151
08-20-2012, 09:03 PM
I can't believe I just wasted 5 minutes on Kelly's twitter. All those poor people he has brain washed.

Grizzlegom
08-20-2012, 09:21 PM
I like following him for the lulz. It really is funny seeing half the stuff he spews on twitter. Keith Sims called him out today, O probably just blocked him.

4U2NV
08-26-2012, 01:29 PM
Vontae Davis traded to the Colts today for a 2nd round pick. Mixed feelings on the move, Davis is super talented but he's been acting like a moron the last couple of years. Him being gone might be a blessing in disguise and it could give us a top 40 pick in the process.

Da-Phins
08-27-2012, 09:01 AM
"What in the world are we doing? No way are we better without Vontae. We're supposed to be getting better, and with every decision we keep getting worse," a Dolphins veteran said, requesting anonymity. "We need to see something positive happen."

Doesnt seem like Philbin is making too many friends in the lockerroom here lately. But hey on the bright side, we should have two high 2nd rounders next year. Maybe we can use both on an impact WR like Wallace.

draftguru151
08-27-2012, 02:45 PM
Gotta have the right people in the locker room, and having a guy who has had a bad work ethic the entire time he's been here clearly isn't someone the new staff wants around, and I really don't blame them. I love Vontae's talent, but he has weight issues every year and he's not nearly as good as he should be by now. And getting the Colts 2nd rounder is pretty solid. Now we just need to get rid of Ireland so the 2nd can be put to good use.

SolidGold
08-28-2012, 07:50 AM
Gotta have the right people in the locker room, and having a guy who has had a bad work ethic the entire time he's been here clearly isn't someone the new staff wants around, and I really don't blame them. I love Vontae's talent, but he has weight issues every year and he's not nearly as good as he should be by now. And getting the Colts 2nd rounder is pretty solid. Now we just need to get rid of Ireland so the 2nd can be put to good use.

I think you guys did well in this trade. Philbin is trying to change the culture of the locker room. Davis was the 25th pick and the Colts are more than likely going to have a bad record so the pick should be early in the 2nd - essentially you broke even on Davis if not coming ahead since you offloaded a headache for your team.

Da-Phins
08-28-2012, 09:26 PM
Yeah but offloading a talented headache could cause more headaches in the lockerroom which apparently what is happening. Philbin better win and win soon or he may lose the lockerroom before the season is over. He's already losing the players trust. Not good for a coach who hasnt even coached his first real game.

Grizzlegom
08-31-2012, 09:41 AM
So far official cuts I've seen are BJ Cunningham, Roberto Wallace, Jamaal Westerman, Gary Guyton, Clyde Gates, Vincent Agnew, and Ryan Baker plus the trade of Ryan Cook to Dallas for a 7th.

Two recent picks and two free agent signings. Gotta love Ireland's eye for talent. Really sucks that if Tannehill is a hit, all his mid/low tier moves will be forgiven. Not a single player that the BP/Ireland regime has drafted has been signed to an extension past their rookie contract. NOT A SINGLE ONE. I mean sure Jake Long and Sean Smith probably will be but to date there has been none. Yay, we are amassing a ridiculous amount of picks that we'll miss on. Awesome.

EDIT: We also worked out WRs Donte Stallworth, Mike Sims-Walker, Brian Tyms, CBs Rod Hood, Donald Stickland, and Drew Coleman, and developmental QB Matt Blanchard.

I'd imagine if we don't find anyone worthwhile on waivers, we might end up signing someone from that group of WRs or CBs.

SolidGold
08-31-2012, 09:51 AM
Are they going to sign Stallworth or Mike Sims-Walker? They need some halfway decent players to catch the ball.

Grizzlegom
08-31-2012, 12:55 PM
Supposedly we're trying to trade Slaton for Anthony Armstrong. Sounds good to me.

Two other guys getting cut around the league that I could see us going after include Marvin McNutt (O'Keefe was his OC in college) and Tori Gurley (Packers).

draftguru151
08-31-2012, 01:15 PM
It really is amazing how awful Ireland's drafting has been. So many worthless players drafted. The longest tenured guys on the team are the punter and long snapper. The only good thing that's happened from the draft from the past 10 years is trading for Ricky Williams. Ugh I really hope Ireland finally gets fired after we suck this year and someone who can actually draft ANYBODY comes in.

Grizzlegom
08-31-2012, 01:45 PM
Evan Moore is a TE that could make sense for us to go after. Originally was signed by Green Bay as an UDFA so he knows Philbin. Not sure we're looking at TEs but someone else to keep in mind I suppose. He's got no ST value and can't block so idk how interested we'd be in yet another one-dimensional TE.

Grizzlegom
08-31-2012, 09:06 PM
Deon Butler released by Seahawks. Homer in me wants him to be our waiver claim at WR.

EDIT:

Just looking at the cuts list, here are the WRs that intrigue me:

DeMarco Sampson
Naaman Roosevelt
Greg Camarillo
Mardy Gilyard
Marvin McNutt
Derrick Williams
Deon Butler
Anthony Armstrong

Was gonna do CBs but I'm lazy. Hopefully we can get some good players on waivers tomorrow.

Da-Phins
08-31-2012, 10:26 PM
Im expecting alot of waiver claims tomorrow. Im guessing 1 WR, 1 OL and 2 corners.

The team was in talks with the Skins early today about Armstrong and since he got cut today wouldnt doubt it that he will be one of the new additions.

Da-Phins
09-03-2012, 09:13 AM
Jabar Gaffney coming in for a tryout today. Would be a much needed signing if he's healthy.

Grizzlegom
09-07-2012, 07:40 AM
Everyone passing on Gaffney, doesn't sound like he's healthy enough to play. Kinda sad that we're still sitting at 52, there isn't a single player out there we think is worth signing?

Da-Phins
09-10-2012, 12:57 PM
Well that game yesterday went about the way I thought it would. I figured the offense would atleast be able to score one touchdown but guess not. WR's are gonna be a HUGE issue all season long and I feel sorry for Tannehill. I think he's the future but man does he need some work and it doesnt help any with him having little help out there. It was good to see Hartline making some plays. Can always count on him, Bess and Bush to do some damage in this offense.

Grizzlegom
09-10-2012, 01:23 PM
I was pretty excited about the score going into half and then the whole 21 points within 2 minutes thing just totally killed us. Bess was the only receiver to have a catch in the first 3 quarters. Hartline looked good in the fourth but they were playing prevent by then. If Hartline can get healthy and back into game shape/up to game speed, I think he'll be alright but him and Bess are not number 1 and 2 receivers. Naanee was awful, the intercepted ball that was thrown his way was a disgrace for him, he put up zero effort. He could have at least put up some effort...

Overall, Tannehill definitely held the team back some but that's to be expected. I didn't think he'd be ready to play but at the same time, I have no qualms with playing him given the other options of Moore or Devlin. The issue that Tannehill has is those batted balls. Its easy to say that some of that is the oline's fault but Tannehill had lots of batted balls in college as well. He needs to better learn blocking concepts/throwing lanes and not stare down receivers. Seemed like too often he made the decision on where he was going with the ball presnap so the quick drops weren't helping.

Bush and the defense played really well though (although we still can't cover TEs and our safeties leave much to be desired). It's gonna be a long season but I think there were some positives to take away from the game as well. Sticking with Houston for a half (well...most of one) is promising, if Tannehill improves as he should, I like our chances to win against some lesser teams.

Grizzlegom
09-12-2012, 09:27 AM
Ray Feinga and Ryan Baker are back on the roster again. All is right in the world, hahaha

Da-Phins
09-13-2012, 03:28 PM
So that makes what like the 1000th times both have been cut and re-signed by this team?

Grizzlegom
09-16-2012, 03:41 PM
We won!!!!!!!!!! Hartline looked good, if he stays healthy, I think he can be our WR "savior" this year like we've been discussing. Reggie Bush was a beast and Lamar Miller had a great debut.

draftguru151
09-16-2012, 03:53 PM
The Raiders CBs (and defense in general) are awful so I'm not going to get too excited, but definitely a nice game from Hartline. The lack of any vertical game is going to kill us against good defense though.

Da-Phins
09-18-2012, 12:19 PM
Dolphins general manager Jeff Ireland and one Dolphins fan had an uncomfortable exchange at halftime of Sunday's game between the Dolphins and Raiders and the organization is trying to figure out what to do about the issue even as fans are calling a local radio station to report the matter.

According to multiple eyewitnesses who called local station The Ticket and a highly placed club source who confirmed the exchange to The Herald, the Dolphins general manager was walking through the Sun Life Stadium concourse at halftime when the incident occurred.

After visiting his wife and family in his suite, Ireland exchanged pleasantries with a couple of fans, signed autographs and took pictures with at least two other fans as he headed back to his seat where he watches the game. Before he got there another fan called him over and Ireland, believing he was about to exchange more pleasantries, found himself listening to the fan complaining about his work.

That fan complained to Ireland about what he said was his poor management of the team. And at one point that fan said to Ireland, "We need you to fire yourself."

According to everyone I've talked to including team officials, Ireland responded by using the term "a--hole" either directed at the fan or loud enough for the fan to hear as he walked away.

Ok...which one of you was it?

Da-Phins
09-23-2012, 04:11 PM
Sorry boys, but enough is enough. Im done with this team. Im out.

Grizzlegom
09-26-2012, 02:11 PM
I didn't get to watch the game this weekend but seeing how it unfolded after the fact, I'm kinda glad. I really thought we'd beat them.

Other notes:

Feinga and Baker are both off the team again, over/under 2 weeks before they are back.

Sucks that Bush got dinged. He's saying he wants to play this week but its up to the coaches.

Really disappointed in Charles Clay and Michael Egnew's inability to get on the field.

Beating a dead horse here but...Hartline is top 15 in the league in targets, if Tannehill and him can get on the same page, I still think he can show all the doubters that Miami has at least one competent receiver.

Grizzlegom
10-01-2012, 12:28 AM
Yay Hartline!! Leading receiver in the NFL right now!

Grizzlegom
10-03-2012, 08:25 AM
Just saw we signed Gaffney and cut Naanee. I approve.

draftguru151
10-03-2012, 10:50 AM
I guess Naanee was just too perfect.

Grizzlegom
10-03-2012, 11:50 AM
I think I read somewhere that he had three targets, two of which were intercepted and the final one he caught and then fumbled. Poor Omar whiffs again.

Da-Phins
10-03-2012, 12:01 PM
I would seriously love it if someone would walk up to him and beat his head to the ground. Cant stand the guy. A know it all who thinks he's better then everyone else when it comes to knowing football.

Speaking of Naanee, I remember reading on twitter a while back that someone pointed it out to Omar how wrong he was about the guy. His response....insulting the dudes momma. If he had "thick skin" like he so claimed, he would've brushed it off and admit he was wrong(like he always is).

draftguru151
10-04-2012, 08:18 AM
Dude is the Skip Bayless of the Dolphins. And people on twitter actually listen to him and think what he says is correct. It makes me sad. :(

Grizzlegom
10-04-2012, 03:16 PM
A friend of mine that's a Dolphins fan told me to go check out Omar's timeline. Me, being the good friend and always ready for a good laugh, came to see that he's nicknamed Tannehill Sho-nuff. No words.

draftguru151
11-08-2012, 10:35 AM
I had so much hope for this season until the Colts completely destroyed it with the most infuriating game ever.

Grizzlegom
11-08-2012, 03:15 PM
Yea, I hear ya there. I was getting really angry about the Jets and Cardinals games the other day and that Colts game was maddening.

Richard Marshall to IR hurts. He wasn't anything special but he was the best we had after Sean Smith and its pretty ugly looking at CB now. Here's hoping Carroll can prove everyone wrong...

draftguru151
11-09-2012, 09:55 AM
Carroll has looked ok against crappier #2s. And he has shown that he knows how to at least bat the ball away which is more than any of the other DBs have done.

Except Reshad Jones. He's a frakkin beast.

Da-Phins
11-11-2012, 05:52 PM
Kiss the playoffs hopes good bye.

Matthew Jones
12-02-2012, 08:11 AM
My preview for this week's game:

http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2012/12/new-england-patriots-at-miami-dolphins-ten-keys-to-week-13.html

Grizzlegom
12-18-2012, 08:49 AM
Soooo...we're still not mathematically eliminated! If the Bengals finish out 0-2 (@Pit and host Baltimore), and the Steelers finish 1-1 (Host Cin and Cle), and we win out, we have a better conference record than both of them and will get in! Soooo we need Pittsburgh to beat Cincinnati then lose to Cleveland while taking care of our business! (Yea, I'm dreaming)

Da-Phins
12-30-2012, 06:38 PM
Well that game went as expected but the season didnt. Impressed that this team was able to reach 7 wins this season. Was impressed with Tannehill this season mostly. Given that he was a raw rookie and with little help all year, he did well. He has a bright future a head of him and I think once he has weapons, he can be a game changer no doubt.

Now for the love of God Ireland, go get some ******* WR's in the offseason. And another pass rusher would be nice too. Oh and maybe a seam threat TE would help as well.

vikes_28
03-27-2013, 07:20 PM
http://news.sportslogos.net/2013/03/27/new-dolphins-logo-appears-on-nfl-com/

Grizzlegom
07-29-2013, 11:52 AM
Anyone following Training Camp at all? I honestly haven't gotten a chance to look into much, how's all the newcomers looking? Gonna get big year two jumps from Tannehill and company?

I heard Laurent Robinson will be in town to workout, if his concussion symptoms have subsided, I could get behind him as a number 4 receiver. Good fit for the offense.

Grizzlegom
08-15-2013, 01:12 PM
So long Dan Carpenter!

draftguru151
08-15-2013, 02:08 PM
So many ups and downs with him.

Grizzlegom
08-15-2013, 02:11 PM
Yea, hopefully Sturgis can provide some consistency at the position. I thought the staff messed Carpenter up by just handing him the job the last few years, they never even brought in a leg to help with reps. I always felt his legs died by the end of the season as he seemed to progressively get worse as the season went on.

draftguru151
08-30-2013, 01:18 PM
Hell of a piece on Incognito. (http://www.nfl.com/incognito)

draftguru151
09-08-2013, 03:30 PM
1-0!

Tanny and the receivers looked good.

Grizzlegom
09-08-2013, 05:45 PM
I was nervous early but they got better and better as the game went on. Definitely need to work on that deep ball and the run game wss nonexistent. Hopefully we can get that going next week against a much more inferior d

Finz99
09-09-2013, 04:55 PM
First time in a long time that I've been confident in the passing game.

Hartline is a boss.

Grizzlegom
09-13-2013, 10:27 AM
Sucks we can't play the Pats now like the Jets and Bills. They'll probably have Gronk back by the time we play them and I wouldn't be shocked if the rookies are much improved by then too :-/

Finz99
09-16-2013, 12:15 PM
Sucks we can't play the Pats now like the Jets and Bills. They'll probably have Gronk back by the time we play them and I wouldn't be shocked if the rookies are much improved by then too :-/

If we are going to beat the Patriots, I want to beat them at their best. Make us a legit playoff team. I don't want to snake into the playoffs ala 2008 only to get crushed 1st round.

Grizzlegom
09-17-2013, 07:25 AM
Tannehill looked really good this week. I think Martin has been pleasantly serviceable at LT thus far (could be because Incognito is having his best season as a pro thus far), Clabo and Jerry have been the weak spots on the OL IMO. Almost hope Watkins can learn the offense and push Jerry. Hopefully Clabo steps it up going against his former team this week.

Finz99
09-17-2013, 11:27 AM
Everyone seems to hate on Incognito, but with him, Pouncey and Martin on the left, we have been getting some great protection.

Clabo and Jerry have definitely been the weak link on that line,. I think Clabo will be fine moving forward, but I just don't see much improvement from Jerry year over year.

Big game against Atlanta, what do you think about the matchups going in to it?

draftguru151
09-17-2013, 12:52 PM
Pass rush just has to go off again. Luckily Ryan goes down a lot easier than Luck. Hopefully Dion wraps up this week.

Really wish the CBs could get healthy.

Grizzlegom
09-17-2013, 01:07 PM
I think we match up well against Atlanta but I do have worries about the back end if Roddy is back this week. Atlanta losing Spoon is big and they will probably not have S-Jax this week either. Tony G will probably have a huge game due to our ridiculous inability to cover TEs but I think if we can contain Julio, we can get the win.

Grizzlegom
09-18-2013, 08:22 AM
Omar talking Falcons on twitter and seeing scar respond/try to refute him is hilarious. Battle of the morons.

draftguru151
09-18-2013, 08:36 AM
Omar talking Falcons on twitter and seeing scar respond/try to refute him is hilarious. Battle of the morons.

Trying to read this so I go on Kelly's twitter and it's just a giant PFF blow job.

draftguru151
09-18-2013, 08:44 AM
And now some condescending responses showing how he is clearly much smarter than everyone else ever. There can't be a worse sports writer in the country.

draftguru151
09-23-2013, 12:01 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-bOSbrBQMDLU/Uj9rK1SmlMI/AAAAAAAABDk/HuGMUsGuqEI/s400/joneslaysout1.gif

3-0 :)

Finz99
09-24-2013, 05:41 PM
Some updates:

Brian Hartline said on NFL AM that he would be surprised if Cam Wake didn't play this weekend.

Vaughn Martin to IR, and we signed Marvin Austin.

Once again, everyone is picking against the Dolphins for the Monday night game, but if our offense can keep up the pace its been at, I think we might be able to sneak one out in New Orleans.

Grizzlegom
10-01-2013, 07:15 AM
Well that was a bad showing. I didn't expect a win, but I thought we'd be able to keep up and make it a game. Might have been Tannehill's worst game of his career, though 2 of those INTs were tipped balls.

Need to bounce back against a weak Baltimore team next week, no shame in losing to the Saints, especially in the SuperDome

Grizzlegom
10-08-2013, 09:20 AM
Wake needs to get healthy in the bye. Defense can't overcome him being out of the lineup. Probably the most overlooked aspect of the two losses as everyone is focused on the offensive struggles.

draftguru151
10-08-2013, 09:47 AM
Wake being back and if we can actually get Dion Jordan going too that would be great.

I seriously want three new OL starters next season though.

draftguru151
11-04-2013, 01:57 PM
Hell of a piece on Incognito. (http://www.nfl.com/incognito)

WHOOPS.

So much for that.

Grizzlegom
11-04-2013, 02:19 PM
Yea...I copied that over into the other thread. This **** sucks. We're in a decent position to make a run here with our schedule being pretty easy the rest of the way too. :-/

MidwestJimmy
11-04-2013, 02:53 PM
The Dolphins have brought back former Dolphin WR and blocker/gunner Marlon Moore, cut by SF.

I'm not a Dolphin fan, but the link to this thread was showing, so I clicked it (knowing that Miami has the hot topic story). It won't be long before the mainstream media jumps on the Incognito/Martin story, and the Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton types will use it to claim it's proof that all white people are racist. May the moronfest begin (it already has, since Incognito is the first moron in this story, followed by Jackson/Sharpton, and probably Obama, who will also beat white people over the head with the story).

Hartline the Heroic
12-08-2013, 05:01 PM
Unbelievable game by my boy Brian the Brave

Grizzlegom
12-09-2013, 08:07 AM
I was at the game yesterday. That was the best game I've ever gone to and holy **** I think I had multiple heart attacks, none as bad as that last play.

draftguru151
12-09-2013, 08:10 AM
I legitimately thought we lost on that play. I stopped breathing for a second.

Grizzlegom
12-09-2013, 08:19 AM
I did too. My heart sunk and I fell back into my seat and just put my head down, then I looked up again and saw them motioning he stepped out. I was in a daze for about 10 minutes, it was insane.

As an aside, Steelers fans were just as, if not more, obnoxious and hostile towards me than Eagles fans were when I went to Philly in 2007.

Grizzlegom
12-16-2013, 08:31 AM
Wooooo big win! Go Lions!

draftguru151
12-16-2013, 08:38 AM
Can't believe we didn't let them score with all those CBs hurt. Crazy game. Didn't realize it had been 7 straight before that.

Grizzlegom
12-16-2013, 09:20 AM
Yea, I didn't realize that either. Nice to break that streak. I take back my previous comment of Go Lions as well. All we have to do is win out and we're in now thanks to the Bungles loss last night!

Grizzlegom
12-16-2013, 11:18 AM
My buddy was going over playoff scenarios and he was like "we're getting the 2 seed." If NE loses out and we win out, we'd take the division. If Indy and Cincy/Baltimore finish at 10-6, we would win the tiebreaker to get the 2 seed (by virtue of H2H in case of Indy/Cincy and conference record in case of Balt/Indy). So yea, I'm saying there's a chance.

Grizzlegom
12-30-2013, 08:05 AM
We suck.

Who all do you guys think gets fired? I think Ireland and Sherman are goners, maybe a few other random assistants but Philbin will be retained, IMO.

Such an underachieving year.

draftguru151
12-30-2013, 08:37 AM
Ireland, Turner and Sherman would be my guess. No clue really on the rest of the staff.

Really is pathetic that we couldn't win one of those last two. And we didn't even lose, we completely blew dick in both games.

Time to throw a giant pile of money at Brandon Albert.

Grizzlegom
01-06-2014, 03:48 PM
Favorite part of the Sherman firing is that Tannehill has spent his entire career in the system/with him. I feel like a new system will force him to either legitimately grow and adapt or fail.

draftguru151
01-06-2014, 03:53 PM
Tannehill needs to throw 100 bombs to Mike Wallace every day until the start of the season.

Packers QB coach seems to be the early favorite to replace Sherman.

Grizzlegom
01-06-2014, 03:56 PM
Tannehill needs to throw 100 bombs to Mike Wallace every day until the start of the season.

Packers QB coach seems to be the early favorite to replace Sherman.

Couldn't agree more.

Meh on the Packers QB coach. Most of what I've seen is saying Packers QB coach and Philbin being more involved. So basically, we're gonna run the same system.

draftguru151
01-06-2014, 04:04 PM
I liked the general concepts of the offense, the lack of and inability to run the ball needs to change though. And Tannehill being able to hit a ******* long ball.

Grizzlegom
01-06-2014, 04:11 PM
I liked the general concepts of the offense, the lack of and inability to run the ball needs to change though. And Tannehill being able to hit a ******* long ball.

I agree. My buddy is like RARRRR SHERMAN IS THE WORST OC EVARRRRR. And I'm just like...we woulda won at least 10 games if Tannehill could hit a wide open Wallace just 25% of the time instead of 5% of the time. Its not Sherman's fault our interior line got approximately zero push, ever.

The focus this offseason absolutely has to be the OL. We should fire our OL coach and get Munchak if he doesn't go to Penn State.

draftguru151
01-06-2014, 04:13 PM
That would be awesome. I honestly don't mind Turner, but I can't imagine he survives the Incognito stuff.

draftguru151
01-07-2014, 05:22 PM
WE'RE FREE!!!!!

Only took 6 years.

dolphinfan2k5
01-07-2014, 05:24 PM
I literally never check this thread. Ever. And this is how I found out the news.

LOL

Grizzlegom
01-26-2014, 12:09 PM
Can we fire our owner?

draftguru151
01-26-2014, 12:15 PM
http://img.totaloutdoornetwork.com/UserFiles/26/267/26763/129156051954645220.jpg

thebow305
01-26-2014, 12:45 PM
Very uninspiring hire. Not that it was unexpected. :(

Can we fire our owner?

Haha I wish. Looking forward to another 7-9, 8-8 type of year.

thebow305
02-07-2014, 04:42 PM
Now it's being rumored that Tannehill may be playing for his job in 2014. This team is just ridiculous. Sure, throw the new QB into the fire the last two years with no weapons or offensive line. Then yank him when he inevitably fails. Smart move.

The thing is though, while he isn't always incredibly accurate on the deep throws and doesn't have the greatest pocket awareness, I think he is still capable of being the franchise QB due to his smarts and above average arm strength and athleticism.

Sign some offensive linemen, then draft some weapons on offense and defense and we'll be fine.

Bosanac01
05-09-2014, 12:54 AM
Hey bro I just noticed you got Ja'Wuan James in your dream draft.

I think he'll be a hell of a player. I know his best friend from childhood. I texted him and he said Ja'Wuan already promised he's gonna put a million on the side for him. He's a cool guy.

thetedginnshow
06-19-2014, 08:38 PM
Too happy for Jarvis Landry. Hear he's tearing it up. Really sucks haha. My hope will be Tanny and/or the OL will mess things up for you.

Grizzlegom
07-03-2014, 03:36 PM
****** dion Jordan.

draftguru151
07-03-2014, 03:39 PM
:| :| :| :| :|

Grizzlegom
08-08-2014, 05:21 PM
Reshad Jones joining Dion Jordan. Ughhhhhhhhh.

Grizzlegom
08-11-2014, 07:42 PM
We finally got Brady Quinn!!!

draftguru151
08-12-2014, 01:34 PM
I still want Leon Hall. :(

thetedginnshow
09-06-2014, 11:16 AM
So do you guys think Tanny makes the leap? The OL is at least marginally better than last year, and he has a ton of weapons at his disposal. From what I've heard, he still seems a bit off, but with Lazor having a ton of things up his sleeve, maybe he'll have a Foles sort of rise.

Also, I hear Will Davis is doing real well and may be the future at the position. I know people can grow, but he went to school with me before he went to Utah (Western Washington U) and we played flag football together. Random I know lol. Anyway, he's a super athlete, but he just wasn't very smart, and if I was beating him on stop & go's, I can only imagine what it'll be like in the NFL. Wishing him the best though. I would just be very surprised if he's a consistently good corner.

Grizzlegom
09-08-2014, 09:56 AM
He looked pretty good yesterday. Brady was trying to target him but he didn't have much success. He's always been the athlete with upside, let's hope he can keep it all together.

draftguru151
09-08-2014, 10:07 AM
Yea was pleasantly surprised with how well he played.

Lazor doe.

draftguru151
09-12-2014, 08:56 AM
WE HAVE AN ACTUAL OFFENSE GUYS. (http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/94263082/the-dolphins-offense-has-undeniable-chip-kelly-feel)

Grizzlegom
09-12-2014, 09:00 AM
I know right. It's awesome.

draftguru151
09-12-2014, 09:27 AM
Still think the Bills DL is gonna wreck us, probably gonna need the passing game to be a lot more efficient.

Grizzlegom
09-12-2014, 11:13 AM
Yea, I'm rather nervous about this game (don't tell mcgee), especially being in Buffalo and seeing as they swept us last year and all.

Rob S
09-12-2014, 07:59 PM
Yea, I'm rather nervous about this game (don't tell mcgee), especially being in Buffalo and seeing as they swept us last year and all.

Just texted him.

Grizzlegom
09-14-2014, 06:03 PM
Alright, I missed the game, wtf happened? I know Knowshon got hurt but was our offense really entirely reliant on him? What happened to the passing game? Also, how did we not get a single sack?

Rob S
09-14-2014, 08:53 PM
Alright, I missed the game, wtf happened? I know Knowshon got hurt but was our offense really entirely reliant on him? What happened to the passing game? Also, how did we not get a single sack?

:banana::banana::banana:

Based Sammy and Seantrel and Kyle!

Grizzlegom
09-15-2014, 09:47 AM
Daniel Thomas is back.

draftguru151
09-15-2014, 09:54 AM
http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120616003315/random-ness/images/9/9f/Darth_vader_no.gif