PDA

View Full Version : Updated Ratings

JBScouting
01-26-2012, 08:59 AM
http://www.jbscouting.com/index.php/blog/2321-jbs-top-100-big-board-jan-26th

Shane P. Hallam
01-26-2012, 12:54 PM
Definitely check it out if you haven't yet.

J-Mike88
01-26-2012, 01:14 PM
Good work.
Thanks for all the video uploads too.

Duffman57
01-26-2012, 01:22 PM
Hey JB i put a thread up here on him, but have u seen Bowie State OLB/DE Delano Johnson? Why isnt he in your rankings?

ElectricEye
01-26-2012, 01:22 PM
I was looking forward to seeing these, thanks for sharing them.

Curious about why Jenkins is ranked below Quick. Not doubting that it's possible since I wasn't able to get to see him play this year...but did he struggle some at North Alabama? I think we've heard something about that once before, but any thoughts on how he played this year? Appreciate it if you have the time.

JBScouting
01-27-2012, 02:09 PM
Hey JB i put a thread up here on him, but have u seen Bowie State OLB/DE Delano Johnson? Why isnt he in your rankings?

Sorry I did not see it. I haven't had much time to read on the boards here.

I have him in my top 125, just outside of the top 100. I don't usually post more than a top 125 until I release my draft guide. A lot of players people ask me about are in my 101-225 range and just aren't seen yet.

I have seen Johnson. When I saw him on tape as a junior and senior I wasn't sure what to do with him. He's clearly outgrown his linebacker position and should be a defensive end but he was very inconsistent and raw. He's a project.

JBScouting
01-27-2012, 02:11 PM
I was looking forward to seeing these, thanks for sharing them.

Curious about why Jenkins is ranked below Quick. Not doubting that it's possible since I wasn't able to get to see him play this year...but did he struggle some at North Alabama? I think we've heard something about that once before, but any thoughts on how he played this year? Appreciate it if you have the time.

Jenkins was electric in the return game and very good as a corner but I just didn't feel he was 1st round worthy. Scouts also said his play was good but not what you would expect. He is still a top small school prospect and while I don't think he is going in the first round I do believe he will end up in the 2nd or 3rd because of his versatility and his 2010 tape. With that said, scouts feel his 2010 tape was more impressive than his 2011 tape. Take that for what it's worth.

MI_Buckeye
01-27-2012, 03:13 PM
Great work!!!

Is there a key somewhere to show what all the flags mean? I'm assuming "C" means character and "M" means medical, but I can't figure out for sure what "A" and "D" mean. Academics? Discipline?

Duffman57
01-27-2012, 04:02 PM
Sorry I did not see it. I haven't had much time to read on the boards here.

I have him in my top 125, just outside of the top 100. I don't usually post more than a top 125 until I release my draft guide. A lot of players people ask me about are in my 101-225 range and just aren't seen yet.

I have seen Johnson. When I saw him on tape as a junior and senior I wasn't sure what to do with him. He's clearly outgrown his linebacker position and should be a defensive end but he was very inconsistent and raw. He's a project.

Yah, that makes sense. Do you like him as a Rush LB in the NFL? He's got the size and speed and ability in space you want in that role.

But the thing I love about the guy is that he loves to get on the field, he loves to play on ST's (Blocked 10, yes 10 kicks last year ALONE and 7 the previous year...) and has that passion and drive to succeed, or so it seems.

JBScouting
01-28-2012, 08:55 AM
Great work!!!

Is there a key somewhere to show what all the flags mean? I'm assuming "C" means character and "M" means medical, but I can't figure out for sure what "A" and "D" mean. Academics? Discipline?

Yes to all except D is drugs such as marijuana.

JBScouting
01-28-2012, 09:04 AM
Yah, that makes sense. Do you like him as a Rush LB in the NFL? He's got the size and speed and ability in space you want in that role.

But the thing I love about the guy is that he loves to get on the field, he loves to play on ST's (Blocked 10, yes 10 kicks last year ALONE and 7 the previous year...) and has that passion and drive to succeed, or so it seems.

Possibly. The thing is he is not highly explosive or athletic but is big and strong and I think pass rusher is his best asset. I have to be real careful at how high I get on guys from the HBCU game because there is maybe one draft pick and over half of them probably won't get in a camp.

Bulldogs
01-28-2012, 11:50 AM
Nice to see somebody has Christo Bilukidi on their list. Went to school with him, and I think he will sneak into the late rounds. He's an athletic freak, only been playing football for a couple years now. Haven't really seen his name mentioned in the draft process up until this point.

Duffman57
01-28-2012, 01:34 PM
Yes to all except D is drugs such as marijuana.

Then shouldn't Janoris Jenkins have that label as well?

Duffman57
01-28-2012, 01:39 PM
Possibly. The thing is he is not highly explosive or athletic but is big and strong and I think pass rusher is his best asset. I have to be real careful at how high I get on guys from the HBCU game because there is maybe one draft pick and over half of them probably won't get in a camp.

Yah, but didn't he play well at the NFLPA Collegiate bowl as well? There are definitely some draftable guys there.

I haven't seen him much at all, but his burst off the snap from a 2 pt stance looks pretty good, and with the strength he has in those long arms, it seems like he would make a very good rush LB

JHL6719
01-28-2012, 11:51 PM
I thought Montana TE Kavario Middleton was a Senior? Did he not declare?