PDA

View Full Version : Green Bay Packers to make a trade with the Patriots?

03-27-2007, 06:41 PM
It is rumored that the Chargers would part with Michael Turner for a second round pick. Also it is rumored that the Patriots will trade their 24th overall pick and their 28th overall pick for the Packers' 16th overall pick If this is true here is my mock draft.

1st 24th Ted Ginn/WR/ Ohio State
1st 28th Greg Olson/TE/Miami
2nd 47th traded for Michael Turner/HB/San Diego Chargers
3rd 78th David Irons/CB/Auburn
4th 108th Brandon Jackson/HB/Nebraska
5th 147th Mike Walker/WR/Central Florida
6th 178th John Talley/CB/Duke
7th 209th Justin Hickman/DE/UCLA
7th 216th Herbert Taylor/OT/TCU
7th 243rd Mark Zalewski/LB/Wisconsin

03-27-2007, 06:46 PM
Ted Ginn is lightning and Greg Olson has the potential to be as good as any Miami tight end ever (includes Jeremy Schockey and Kellen Winslow). Michael Turner looks like he could be an elite NFL halfback. Just watch him.

neko4
03-27-2007, 06:54 PM
Its unlikly that Ginn and Olsen will fall that far. Im also not in favor of Ginn, should have stayed for a year. Rumors can say what they want, but I also doubt we will trade for Turner, but he could very easily happen. Then why would we draft Jackson if we had Turner. Morency and Herron have prooved to be sufficient backups, Morency could even be a starter considering he had a 100yd game this year. Once again why would we draft two WRs when we have Jennings, Driver and great potential in Martin. Same deal with Talley, we need a S more than WR and CB. Hickman would be a waste of a pick if we dont trade KGB.

03-27-2007, 06:59 PM
That may be your opinion but you are obviously wrong. Ted Ginn could end up being the best deep threat ever. Also he is a great return man. Also you never have to many good halfbacks so that is why I had them pick Brandon Jackson. I like Morency but I would like to see him used more as a third down back. Also other than Driver and Jennings the Packers do not have anything at WR. Martin and Holliday might be able to make it as #4 or #5 but the Packers need a stud WR like Ginn and could use a young WR to develop to be their #4 and maybe someday their #2 or #3.

03-27-2007, 07:00 PM
Mike Walker has a lot of potential. He is big and fast. He could be this draft's Marques Colston.

Also I would consider Robert Meachem instead of Ted Ginn but I took Ginn because of his return abilities and his world class speed and athleticism.

PACKmanN
1. Greg Olsen, TE, Miami
1. Michael Griffin, SS, Texas
2. Craig Davis, WR, LSU
3. Tony Hunt, RB, Penn State
4. Rory Johnson, OLB, Ole Miss
5. Keith Jackson, DT, Arkansas
6. Chase Johnson, OT, Wyoming
7. Mike Otto, OT, Purdue

Thats more like it.

03-27-2007, 07:02 PM
I agree that the Packers need a safety but not in the first and I do not think that the Packers will take one since they seem to have confidence in Manuel or Underwood.

jpapa4490
03-27-2007, 07:05 PM
That may be your opinion but you are obviously wrong. Ted Ginn could end up being the best deep threat ever. Also he is a great return man. Also you never have to many good halfbacks so that is why I had them pick Brandon Jackson. I like Morency but I would like to see him used more as a third down back. Also other than Driver and Jennings the Packers do not have anything at WR. Martin and Holliday might be able to make it as #4 or #5 but the Packers need a stud WR like Ginn and could use a young WR to develop to be their #4 and maybe someday their #2 or #3.

Driver, Jennings and Ginn are all the same type of WR's so there is no way we take Ginn. Also Martin is capable of being our #3 reciever after what he showed me with his playing time, his performance against Chicago didnt hurt either. To me Ginn is a Troy williamson waiting to happen.

neko4
03-27-2007, 07:08 PM

So why waste a first on a #2 WR when we could get someone like Moss in a trade for a 2nd or 3rd or the 6-6 stud Matt Trannon. If he got speed he'd be a great deep threat. Also best deep threat ever?

03-27-2007, 07:09 PM
Well, I have to agree that i do have my doubts about Ginn but how is he similar to Driver and Jennings. Ginn is more like Steve Smith but only faster. Also they could take Robert Meachem instead (I think he should be a top 10 pick so I obviously like him a lot).

03-27-2007, 07:09 PM
There is nothing wrong with have three wr that are all about 6'0".

neko4
03-27-2007, 07:10 PM
I agree that the Packers need a safety but not in the first and I do not think that the Packers will take one since they seem to have confidence in Manuel or Underwood.

If I had a dime for everytime a S screwed up coverage and made Harris/Woodson/ other CB's look bad

03-27-2007, 07:11 PM
Ginn is just so fast. Leon Hall looked like a fool when he tried to cover Ted Ginn.

GadoR'Savior
03-27-2007, 07:35 PM
source of rumor? wow thats dumb on there part but a steel for us.

1st 24th WR R. Meachem
1st 28th SS M . Griffin
2nd 47th traded for Michael Turner/HB/San Diego Chargers
3rd ( Trade up) TE Ben Patrick
4th 108th OLB A. Barnes
4th(trade Barry) Trade along with 78
5th Keith Jackson jr.
6th 178th CB John Tally
7th WR M. Trannon
7th ?
7th ?

princefielder28
03-27-2007, 07:37 PM
Start over!!!! Ginn and Olsen won't be there at those picks and the Packers wouldn't spend another draft pick on a RB so soon, maybe 6th/7th

jackalope
03-27-2007, 07:43 PM
where have you heard that the Patriots are willing to make that trade?

GadoR'Savior
03-27-2007, 07:50 PM
1. Greg Olsen, TE, Miami
1. Michael Griffin, SS, Texas
2. Craig Davis, WR, LSU
3. Tony Hunt, RB, Penn State
4. Rory Johnson, OLB, Ole Miss
5. Keith Jackson, DT, Arkansas
6. Chase Johnson, OT, Wyoming
7. Mike Otto, OT, Purdue

Thats more like it.

-PackMan noway Olsen falls to 24
-Griffin good pick and i agree
-disagree with Davis because hes not the big treat we need hes just another Driver and Jennings nothin wrong with that but we needs a guy wit some size to go down field and bring down jump balls!!!
- I like Barnes better than Johnson Barnes is a great athlete who also is a beast played DE the last 2 years wit a 4.4 40 and great quickness a poor mans Demarcus Ware i think. Look at how he produced there
-Keith Jackson Jr. Right on PackMan he look very good against a great badgers O-Line.
-Matt Trannon in the 6th or 7th 6'6 freak athlete i mean he played Bball 2 at MSU raw but could be a stud!

neko4
03-27-2007, 07:53 PM
-PackMan noway Olsen falls to 24
-disagree with Davis because hes not the big treat we need hes just another Driver and Jennings

I dis agree Davis is a treat... But if Olsen falls to 24 i will kiss anybodys feet who predidcted it ;)

princefielder28
03-27-2007, 07:56 PM
I dis agree Davis is a treat... But if Olsen falls to 24 i will kiss anybodys feet who predidcted it ;)

You won't be kissing any feet then :)

GadoR'Savior
03-27-2007, 08:01 PM
yeah he is but im talkin west coast offense wr's. Mike McCarthy even said he want to bring in some big wr's when he got this job to fit his offense. Driver and Jennings are also threats but not like Jarrett, Rice, Meachem, and Well Ginn Jr. but thats because he is sooooo fast but i just want another Walker type. But i do like Buster Davis just not the type of WR i'd like us to grab

Matt Trannon is a major sleeper!!!!

GadoR'Savior
03-27-2007, 08:03 PM
Any link yet or some type of proof or anything?!?!? Or where u heard it from 50?

princefielder28
03-27-2007, 08:04 PM
yeah he is but im talkin west coast offense wr's. Mike McCarthy even said he want to bring in some big wr's when he got this job to fit his offense. Driver and Jennings are also threats but not like Jarrett, Rice, Meachem, and Well Ginn Jr. but thats because he is sooooo fast but i just want another Walker type. But i do like Buster Davis just not the type of WR i'd like us to grab

Matt Trannon is a major sleeper!!!!

I wouldn't touch Rice but I like Meachem quite a bit and Jarrett wouldn't be a bad option

Vince Lombardi
03-27-2007, 08:21 PM
I posted something here about the Patriots & Packers trade a couple weeks ago. I don't remember where I first heard it from, but it wasn't anything I would consider more than a rumor anyways.

JF4
03-27-2007, 08:36 PM
It's nice to dream that we will get the #24 and #28 pick for the #16 pick but the reality is that it's highly unlikely. Just look at the values of the trade value chart.

16-1,000

24-740
28-660
= 1,400

The value of 1,400 is the #8 pick overall. I know the trade value chart isn't the end all be all for most teams but we are way off with the expected value with the #16 overall pick.

Mwkick
03-27-2007, 08:36 PM
Why would the Patriots do that? That's just stupid.
And every report I've read has said the Chargers won't give up turner for less than a first round pick....where's everyone see they'd take a 2nd?

As for Ginn, I like his highlights, but he's not the type of receiver who will go over the middle when you need to. Even at Steve Smith's height, he's willing to take a hit. Best deep threat ever??? He's fast, but come on man. That's overkill. I think the packers need someone who's not afraid of contact. I like Meachem. He's big, tough and quick.
For some reaason, I don't like Jarrett. USC has produced some great wideouts, but there's just something about him that makes me feel uneasy. Not sure if that's the right word, but you know.

I do think the pack need to address the return game...in a major way. That's the only reason I do like Ginn. I can't see him being around @ 24 (which I highly doubt the packers will have). And I'd be shocked to see Olson there as well.

I do like Brandon Jackson. But I think i'm in the minority on that one...

What do you guys think of Yamon Figurs as a second day draft pick????

Vince Lombardi
03-27-2007, 08:43 PM
And every report I've read has said the Chargers won't give up turner for less than a first round pick....where's everyone see they'd take a 2nd?

Probably the same place that you "hear" they'll only take a first........rumorville.

neko4
03-27-2007, 08:44 PM

I like Jackson, just not in this situation. Also like Figurs, reminds me of Jerome Mathis.

Boston
03-27-2007, 08:50 PM
I heard the packers will trade all three of their seventh rounders to the raiders for the first overall pick. Who do you think we should take?

JF4
03-27-2007, 08:51 PM
I heard the packers will trade all three of their seventh rounders to the raiders for the first overall pick.

It's definately a possibility, I would have them throw in Micheal Huff too.

bearsfan_51
03-27-2007, 08:52 PM
You're out of your ******* gourd if you think the Pats would make that trade. That's one of the dumbest things I've ever heard.

Mwkick
03-27-2007, 08:55 PM
This is a fact, not rumorville:
Turner is one of the premiere restricted free agents available, although the Chargers tendered him at the first- and third-round compensation level.

Vince Lombardi
03-27-2007, 08:59 PM
This is a fact, not rumorville:
Turner is one of the premiere restricted free agents available, although the Chargers tendered him at the first- and third-round compensation level.

Who cares what the tender is, that has nothing to do with what they'll actually trade him for. Teams use the highest tender to protect their players all the time and then make deals for less. It's basically just a bargaining chip that allows them to dictate the terms.

Mwkick
03-27-2007, 09:07 PM
I just wanted some hard proof. I understand that's used mostly as a value piece, but why would they deal there's a lot of teams that would part with their second for a guy like that. It's like saying the patriots would deal both firsts for the packers 16th. It's ludicrous......

Vince Lombardi
03-27-2007, 09:21 PM
I just wanted some hard proof. I understand that's used mostly as a value piece, but why would they deal there's a lot of teams that would part with their second for a guy like that. It's like saying the patriots would deal both firsts for the packers 16th. It's ludicrous......

that's why I said it's all just rumors...

GadoR'Savior
03-27-2007, 09:23 PM
You're out of your ******* gourd if you think the Pats would make that trade. That's one of the dumbest things I've ever heard.

Hey this is a hell of a lot better trade than what the Skins are doin with you guys! Not sayin they would they will cuz i think its not smart but who knows they have signed some big players and made a few trades maybe they think the player they will help them out more then the 2 late 1st round picks. And save money only havin to sign one 1st rd rather than 2! Who knows who cares.

Bear fans..... cant live with them, definitally can live without!!! I swear they are worse than Cub fans but no one is that bad! Cubs wont win get over it...idiots! haha sry they get me fired up.

Vince Lombardi
03-27-2007, 09:28 PM
Hey this is a hell of a lot better trade than what the Skins are doin with you guys! Not sayin they would they will cuz i think its not smart but who knows they have signed some big players and made a few trades maybe they think the player they will help them out more then the 2 late 1st round picks. And save money only havin to sign one 1st rd rather than 2! Who knows who cares.

good lord dude, throw a few punctuation marks in there! :eek:

princefielder28
03-27-2007, 09:39 PM

This isn't grammar class :)

princefielder28
03-27-2007, 09:40 PM

As for Ginn, I like his highlights, but he's not the type of receiver who will go over the middle when you need to. Even at Steve Smith's height, he's willing to take a hit. Best deep threat ever??? He's fast, but come on man. That's overkill. I think the packers need someone who's not afraid of contact. I like Meachem. He's big, tough and quick.
For some reaason, I don't like Jarrett. USC has produced some great wideouts, but there's just something about him that makes me feel uneasy. Not sure if that's the right word, but you know.

I do think the pack need to address the return game...in a major way. That's the only reason I do like Ginn. I can't see him being around @ 24 (which I highly doubt the packers will have). And I'd be shocked to see Olson there as well.

If the Chargers want a 1st rounder for Turner then they'll see him walk as a FA next year b/c nobody will ever pay that price.

bearsfan_51
03-27-2007, 09:42 PM

Bear fans..... cant live with them, definitally can live without!!! I swear they are worse than Cub fans but no one is that bad! Cubs wont win get over it...idiots! haha sry they get me fired up.
I'm not a Cubs fan. But regardless. This trade will NEVER EVER happen. As has been pointed out, there is a trade value chart, and this is so far off as to almost piss me off that anyone would be ignorant enough to even propose it.

GadoR'Savior
03-27-2007, 09:46 PM

Fine

Not saying they will because I think it's not a smart move for them, but who knows. They have signed some big players and made a few trades. Maybe they think the player they will get at 16 will help them out more then the 2 late 1st round picks.

Is that better, I think its at least b work which is all i ever go 4! haha

princefielder28
03-27-2007, 09:47 PM
Fine

Not saying they will because I think it's not a smart move for them, but who knows. They have signed some big players and made a few trades. Maybe they think the player they will get at 16 will help them out more then the 2 late 1st round picks.

Good conventions and punctuation: B+

neko4
03-27-2007, 09:49 PM
Hope we didnt scare that guy off. He made good arguements, I just disagreed.

princefielder28
03-27-2007, 09:50 PM

If he can't handle it we don't need him :)

Vince Lombardi
03-27-2007, 09:53 PM
Fine

lol great job

GadoR'Savior
03-27-2007, 09:54 PM
I'm not a Cubs fan. But regardless. This trade will NEVER EVER happen. As has been pointed out, there is a trade value chart, and this is so far off as to almost piss me off that anyone would be ignorant enough to even propose it.

Well I applaud you 4 being smart enough not to be a cubs fan and you know what makes me angry? The fact that the Skins would be dumb enough to trade the bears there 6th pick for Biggs and the 31st! And whats funny is the Bears have to think about it...idiots do it and take Landry, hes a stud! Then cut Mike Brown for he will get upset and sign with the Packers......... yes it does happen ask Sharper, didnt get his money from us so he went to the Vikings so he could try to make us pay. Hasn't worked! haha

GadoR'Savior
03-27-2007, 10:00 PM

LOL, oh I can take the heat, noway im getting out of the kitchen! Until Openin Day this is the only forum i use then I am always on http://www.Brewerfan.net (BrewCrewWS2008) real good site and good forum, if your a Brewer fan check it out.

neko4
03-27-2007, 10:06 PM
Wow MLB has a draft, would have never noticed it w/ teams "ordering" players off http://www.julia-emde.de/inside/weblog/wp-content/images/ebay.jpg from Japan. And hey a G TECH guy is the #1 prospect where have I seen somethin like that b4!

Vince Lombardi
03-27-2007, 10:12 PM
Well I applaud you 4 being smart enough not to be a cubs fan and you know what makes me angry? The fact that the Skins would be dumb enough to trade the bears there 6th pick for Biggs and the 31st! And whats funny is the Bears have to think about it...idiots do it and take Landry, hes a stud! Then cut Mike Brown for he will get upset and sign with the Packers......... yes it does happen ask Sharper, didnt get his money from us so he went to the Vikings so he could try to make us pay. Hasn't worked! haha

the Skins haven't actually made the offer yet.....

bearsfan_51
03-27-2007, 10:14 PM
the Skins haven't actually made the offer yet.....
Depends on who you ask. Simply going off direct quotes from people involved I think they have. Jerry Angelo recently said that he would take the Redskins offer under consideration. I would imagine that the GM of the Bears wouldn't have said that if there wasn't real offer on the table.

Vince Lombardi
03-27-2007, 10:41 PM
Depends on who you ask. Simply going off direct quotes from people involved I think they have. Jerry Angelo recently said that he would take the Redskins offer under consideration. I would imagine that the GM of the Bears wouldn't have said that if there wasn't real offer on the table.

yea I suppose, I just haven't seen anything that sets it in stone yet....

GadoR'Savior
03-27-2007, 11:03 PM
I just want Mike Brown.... Which the Bears are thinking about cutting right now and with Landry that would sure it up. If Packers where goin to get a free agent he should be the one. IMO i'll add. With his injuries he prob wont ask 4 that much and if he gets hurt it would be time to shine 4 Underwood. Worth the risk he is a playmaker when healthy

neko4
03-27-2007, 11:08 PM
I just want Mike Brown.... Which the Bears are thinking about cutting right now and with Landry that would sure it up. If Packers where goin to get a free agent he should be the one. IMO i'll add. With his injuries he prob wont ask 4 that much and if he gets hurt it would be time to shine 4 Underwood. Worth the risk he is a playmaker when healthy

And get rid of COllins?

JF4
03-27-2007, 11:25 PM
And get rid of COllins?

Ya, why would they do that? If they signed Mike Brown, they wouldn't draft a S.

GadoR'Savior
03-28-2007, 12:04 AM
And get rid of COllins?

Unless the Packers are goin to switch to the 4-4 defense i believe they can have 2 safties

GadoR'Savior
03-28-2007, 12:12 AM
Mortenson said the Bears dont want the 6th pick and dont like how the skins got the media so involved....idiots and i love it! Bears keep Briggs one less guy we have to worry bout playin against, Bears dont trade up and get a star player at 6 like Landry or Branch more guys we dont have to worry bout! And KEEP lettin ur D-Line leave. WOW the Bears Gm dumber than McMillian??? Lets hope but i think its a smoke sceen, If you can move up 25 picks to get ride of a guy who wont play 4 u, y not take that??

ds8582
03-28-2007, 10:17 AM
Not that this is the truth or anything but Joe Arrigo did post something maybe a week or 2 ago about the Patriots and Packers were discussing a trade. That was the 1st and last time a heard anything about it.

ds8582
03-28-2007, 10:20 AM
Mortenson said the Bears dont want the 6th pick and dont like how the skins got the media so involved....idiots and i love it! Bears keep Briggs one less guy we have to worry bout playin against, Bears dont trade up and get a star player at 6 like Landry or Branch more guys we dont have to worry bout! And KEEP lettin ur D-Line leave. WOW the Bears Gm dumber than McMillian??? Lets hope but i think its a smoke sceen, If you can move up 25 picks to get ride of a guy who wont play 4 u, y not take that??

There has to be something else to that trade. It seems almost to good to be true. Bearsfan51 if you see this: are bears fans for or against that trade??

M1Koter
03-28-2007, 10:23 AM

that was my thinking, but hey, maybe theres something we don't know and thats actually probably the reason why it might not happen or if it's all just rumor, you never know

princefielder28
03-28-2007, 02:15 PM

You can critisize the bears management but when it comes to the draft they have done a fairly good job. Look at last year with Manning, Anderson, and Hester; they were big time contributors as rookies.

MrQL
03-28-2007, 03:23 PM
No way I would take Ted Ginn. Yea, he's fast BUT he's a track athlete. So was Michael Bennet and he hasn't done much. Bad hands and has been player WR too long. I don't think he'll be a complete bust but I don't see him being much more than a good return man. He's what 5'9" 170lbs too? Yikes. Just no.

Buy yea, I might do that trade with New England. I'd rather move down with SD though. We need a RB bad.

princefielder28
03-28-2007, 03:32 PM
No way I would take Ted Ginn. Yea, he's fast BUT he's a track athlete. So was Michael Bennet and he hasn't done much. Bad hands and has been player WR too long. I don't think he'll be a complete bust but I don't see him being much more than a good return man. He's what 5'9" 170lbs too? Yikes. Just no.

Buy yea, I might do that trade with New England. I'd rather move down with SD though. We need a RB bad.

When you're comparing to players with speed it probably best not to compare running backs with wide receivers. RBs have to run through holes and make cuts and their speed isn't always to their advantage but with a WR like Ted Ginn his speed will keep CBs on their heels and they have to respect his ability to stretch the field.

FLORIDA PACKER
03-28-2007, 05:11 PM
He's what 5'9" 170lbs too? Yikes. Just no.

Ginn's about 6'0, 178-180 ish. and he's still learning the wideout position, he played DB in High school and was recruited as such. He's got too much potential to pass on if he falls to us. He will at the very least provide an amazing option on fly routes, and special teams.

My only worry would be his physicality, he'll be jammed off the line a lot more and a lot harder in the NFL, im not sure if he'll be able to beat the jam very well. He's not the prototype Over the middle possession guy, but we have 2 guys who can do that just fine right now. His hands are fine, every Wideout drops some balls, and if a guy like TO can drop 18-19 balls and remain on a team, Ginn wont be anything of a problem. His routes are a lot better than I thought they were, deep patterns are definitely his forte.

neko4
03-28-2007, 06:53 PM
This draft us stocked with people who ran 4.3
Josh Wilson
Yamon Figurs
Audrae Allison
One of these guys could be drafted later on(although Alliso might me a 2nd rounder) and play KR/PR

princefielder28
03-28-2007, 06:55 PM
This draft us stocked with people who ran 4.3
Josh Wilson
Yamon Figurs
Audrae Allison
One of these guys could be drafted later on(although Alliso might me a 2nd rounder) and play KR/PR

Wilson and Allison are going to be Day 1 picks and I feel that the Packers may be enticed to bring in a guy like Allison in round 2 if they are unable to land Moss. People really don't know much about him b/c he played at a small scholl but in watching tape on him he has all the necessary tools to be a potential Pro-Bowl type player in this league.