PDA

View Full Version : Kyle Williams Biggest Fan

OSUGiants17
01-27-2012, 08:30 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ben-mankiewicz/forget-the-twitter-hate-l_b_1232438.html
It's amazing the pure innocence of this child. We could all learn a little something from this kid. Great parenting too.

Apparently Williams got/saw the note and his agent called the kid and thanked him, told him Kyle was touched and now he has sent one of his own jerseys to the kid.

Phins827
01-27-2012, 09:26 PM
That's awesome. The hate this guy got was terrible. It's a game, children.

Ness
01-27-2012, 10:59 PM
I'm over Williams mistake now. Nothing can be done. At the time of course I was very upset at him. Definitely not to the point where I went and blew up his twitter with hateful comments. And I still want him on the roster for next season.

The more I thought about it, the blame should be on Brad Seely and the special teams coaching staff. After the first few punts, including one where he dived in the rained for one, they should have told him to play it safe like the Giants special teams units were doing.

dan77733
01-27-2012, 11:21 PM
Just read what the kid wrote and happy he got a jersey. All the people who wished Williams death should get arrested and be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

As for the game, I was pissed at the first fumble as Williams should have stayed away. The second fumble was just bad luck and a great play by the Williams guy on NY as he hit the ball at the moment Kyle was switching the ball from one hand to the other. Great play by the Giants player and just bad luck on Kyle's part.

vidae
01-27-2012, 11:29 PM
Parenting: they're doing it right.

NY+Giants=NYG
01-28-2012, 10:00 AM
Great letter. I just think it was bad fundamentals by KW. Watch the replay, he hasn't tucked the ball in, he is holding it incorrectly, and as he is tucking the ball, our LB comes in and knocks it out. So that falls on just bad technique.

Babylon
01-28-2012, 12:30 PM
You dont wish bad of anyone but he was out of his element out there. After the first fiasco i would have had someone back there that could just catch it and then hold on. Ted Ginn's loss hurt them in a couple of ways. (never thought i'd say that)

ShutDwn
01-28-2012, 01:03 PM
Nice letter. Williams is a player I hope can make a lot of plays in the future to make people eat these words.

General Zod
01-28-2012, 01:22 PM
Thats pretty cool. Love seeing stuff like that.

And not to totally defend Kyle Williams, but has anyone here ever had to do punt or kick returns in HS football? Yeah its not as easy as it looks.

Im just sayin...

VernonLawson89
01-28-2012, 01:54 PM
I'm over it already. Still couldn't care less if KW is cut or not.

gpngc
01-28-2012, 03:10 PM

And not to totally defend Kyle Williams, but has anyone here ever had to do punt or kick returns in HS football? Yeah its not as easy as it looks.

Im just sayin...

It's not that hard.

And for professionals...

Coaches should work return men to the point that they NEVER fumble. It's not something that's difficult to practice. And the risk of muffing a punt is huge. I don't understand how it happens so often at that level...

Brent
01-28-2012, 03:29 PM
I was the guy who told the returner whether or not run with the ball, and then for a few games (when the main kid was hurt) the one who had to return kicks/punts. Our coach always told us: don't be a hero, be smart.

Sidenote: I yelled "tango" when he wasn't supposed to run, and "cash" when he was supposed to go. Oh, and Garrett Hartley was a ****-talker when we played them.

J-Mike88
01-28-2012, 09:37 PM
Just read what the kid wrote and happy he got a jersey. All the people who wished Williams death should get arrested and be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
Agreed.
People hide behind a screen name, a user ID, the keyboard.
I'd like to see threats like that publicized and let their real identities be revealed.

Ness
01-28-2012, 09:40 PM
I was the guy who told the returner whether or not run with the ball, and then for a few games (when the main kid was hurt) the one who had to return kicks/punts. Our coach always told us: don't be a hero, be smart.

Sidenote: I yelled "tango" when he wasn't supposed to run, and "cash" when he was supposed to go. Oh, and Garrett Hartley was a ****-talker when we played them.

What position did you play in football?

ChiFan24
01-31-2012, 02:22 PM

Im just sayin...

I was a fair catch machine in eight grade.

brat316
01-31-2012, 02:45 PM
I'm do this and get free jerseys

descendency
01-31-2012, 03:24 PM
I'm do this and get free jerseys

Just rent the kid...