PDA

View Full Version : My Ticket to the Draft May Be Up for Grabs

Rabscuttle
01-29-2012, 02:51 PM
I have a grand-fathered Day 2 Diehard draft ticket that may be up for grabs again this year. I won't know for a couple more weeks whether I will be going to NYC this year or not, but as long as the guy that used it from last year filled out the info right, it should be active and I would like to keep it active for the future.

Basically, if someone is interested and would commit to attending the entirety of the draft and filling out my info at the end of day three, it's a free ticket without having to wait in line for hours to hopefully get a freebie.

Think about whether you would like to attend and would fulfill the requirements to keep the ticket alive for me. No hurry to make a decision since I don't know what's happening with regards to my attendance.

Gridiron
01-29-2012, 08:19 PM
Interested.

I Am Rodgers
01-29-2012, 09:11 PM
I'd definitely be interested. I live in central Jersey. What exactly needs to be done though?

brat316
01-29-2012, 09:15 PM
Day 2 as in the second and third round? Oh man so want to go, but damn 8 am class on friday.

Rabscuttle
01-30-2012, 03:06 PM
The ticket is for all three days. Day 2 and 3 have always been easy to get into without a ticket, Day 1 typically sees a few hundred people in front of Rockefeller that want but can't get tickets.

Casual draft fans tend to have a hard time sitting through the entire event but it is much shorter now than it was a few years ago where you had 11 or 12 hour days with crappy over-priced food. Day three is still long for most people, especially in a city with so many other things to do.

My Vegas trip is now being moved from that weekend, but I don't see my company letting me have a two day week followed by a three day week that includes non-productive Mondays after flying included in the time I show up. Maybe I should take it as a sign to get a new job...

Caddy
01-30-2012, 03:21 PM
Anyone can go to the draft if they queue up...

Rabscuttle
01-30-2012, 03:27 PM
Anyone can go to the draft if they queue up...

True, if you are in line early enough. While waiting in line has its charm, not waiting in a lineup for hours also has its upside.

With the draft going to primetime more tickets are going to ABC/ESPN friends and family and more VIP tickets are being sold for $500 a pop as it is being seen as more of an event. It's odd seeing so many people that don't give a damn about the event sitting through the first round.

greggydion
01-30-2012, 08:02 PM
Powered through season 1 and now halfway through season 2. I love the whole series, but man, these two seasons were on another level. Just so much fun and so many great characters.

greggydion
01-30-2012, 08:03 PM
Reading what you guys have written I'm have to watch the finale. I haven't watched the show since Morgan got intersect and that was a long time ago.

niel89
01-30-2012, 08:26 PM
I'm very interested in this. I've gone every year for the past 5ish years. Normally I have to pay someone for the 1st night ticket because I have to fly in. I stay through the entire day 3 anyways.

What sucks too is I was there for the last year that the day 2 die hard was in existence but I had to leave a couple hours before the end because of poor flight planning.

Caddy
01-30-2012, 08:56 PM
I waited in line for tickets a couple of years ago and it was awesome. Chatting in person with other draftniks is so underrated!

Nalej
01-30-2012, 09:25 PM
I waited in line for tickets a couple of years ago and it was awesome. Chatting in person with other draftniks is so underrated!

Me? Jealous? Yes.

RJS113
02-02-2012, 08:42 PM
Check your pm