PDA

View Full Version : Joe Adams, WR, Arkansas

jimmylishis
01-30-2012, 03:13 AM
He absolutely tore it up this week and I expect him to run very well at the combine. Where do you think he goes come draft day?

TACKLE
01-30-2012, 03:18 AM
I would say somewhere in the mid 2nd to early 3rd range. In the right system, he can be a hell of a reciever but will be electric wherever he lands.

Brent
01-30-2012, 05:31 AM
but will be electric wherever he lands.
Preferably San Francisco.

norcalgsr
01-30-2012, 06:12 PM
Slightly stronger Titus Young. Similar weight, but 1" shorter with slightly bigger hands and longer arms/wingspan.

gpngc
01-30-2012, 06:13 PM
I like him more than Titus Young.

ATLDirtyBirds
01-31-2012, 09:57 AM
I like him more than Titus Young.

So do I. If the Eagles let DeSean get away, they should hop all over Joe.

Shane P. Hallam
01-31-2012, 10:01 AM
He absolutely tore it up this week and I expect him to run very well at the combine.

He won't be running at the combine.

A Perfect Score
01-31-2012, 11:02 AM
Mike Wallace 2.0. They even run similarly. TACKLE was the one who originally showed me some of Adams tape, and he's just electric.

bitonti
01-31-2012, 11:12 AM
Mike Wallace 2.0. They even run similarly. TACKLE was the one who originally showed me some of Adams tape, and he's just electric.

Mike Wallace was 5 inches taller and also a 3rd rounder. Adams probably goes in the 4th or 5th. very good player but primary value is probably as a returner.

A Perfect Score
01-31-2012, 11:56 AM
Mike Wallace was 5 inches taller and also a 3rd rounder. Adams probably goes in the 4th or 5th. very good player but primary value is probably as a returner.

Mike Wallace is maybe 2 inches taller, at most. He does have about 10 pounds on Adams, I'd say, but put on the Senior Bowl tape and tell me he doesn't remind you of Mike Wallace. The play along the sideline where he split 2 defenders and carried a guy 5 yards reminded me so much of Wallace I did a double take.

SenorGato
01-31-2012, 12:15 PM
Adams vs. Wright...Adam is carrying all the momentum right now so I expect him to win on this question, but how close are they? I think both will be good pros. Always leaned Wright, but man do I think I just missed Adams really.

A Perfect Score
01-31-2012, 12:19 PM
Adams vs. Wright...Adam is carrying all the momentum right now so I expect him to win on this question, but how close are they? I think both will be good pros.

Wright is significantly ahead. As much as I like Adams, Wright had an absolutely monster year and there's talk that he's ahead of Justin Blackmon for some teams (Which I think is absolutely asinine, but this is the NFL we're talking about). But 101 receptions for 1572 yards and 13 TDs is going to turn some heads, and that's where Wright is at the moment.

Don Vito
01-31-2012, 12:22 PM
Adams is much more elusive and dangerous after the catch than Wallace. All they really have in common is speed, Wallace is a much better deep threat but Adams will take a slant or screen 70 yards for a TD after reversing field. Wallace is probably the best deep threat in the league and a very good receiver, but he isn't like Adams. Adams is more like a baby Percy Harvin if you ask me.

Shane P. Hallam
01-31-2012, 12:26 PM
Adams vs. Wright...Adam is carrying all the momentum right now so I expect him to win on this question, but how close are they? I think both will be good pros. Always leaned Wright, but man do I think I just missed Adams really.

It's going to be interesting. I like Wright more myself, but it seems NFL types like Adams a bit more.

The big debate will be when Wright runs at the combine and Adams doesn't. If Wright has a good combine time, he may not run at the pro day. It could be very intriguing.

ChiFan24
01-31-2012, 01:08 PM
Late first-early second. I had him going #41 in my last mock and was disappointed I couldn't find a place for him a little bit higher.

Said this after watching him in last year's Sugar Bowl (in which he actually played like crap, but you could see the talent). Mike Wallace 2.0.

RaiderNation
01-31-2012, 03:20 PM
I have Adams as a late 2nd/mid 3rd round value, I really liked what I saw from him last week and it he can run well at the combine he should be drafted early. A low 4.3 is very possible...

TACKLE
01-31-2012, 03:40 PM

I'm assuming you're talking about Jarius?

stlouisfan37
01-31-2012, 04:02 PM
It's going to be interesting. I like Wright more myself, but it seems NFL types like Adams a bit more.

The big debate will be when Wright runs at the combine and Adams doesn't. If Wright has a good combine time, he may not run at the pro day. It could be very intriguing.

Shane - You have mentioned a couple of times in this thread that Adams will not run at the combine. Why do you suggest this?

Leon Sandcastle
01-31-2012, 04:03 PM
Thoughts on TY Hilton?

ATLDirtyBirds
01-31-2012, 05:30 PM

I'm assuming you're talking about Jarius?

I believe he is. And I'm going with Adams there.

rawdawg
01-31-2012, 06:11 PM
I like Joe Adams more than I like Jarius Wright. But I did like Adams a lot more when I thought he was closer to his listed weight of 190. But I think Adams is a little bigger than Wright, a lot stronger, just as fast, and provides a whole lot more in the return game.

holt_bruce81
01-31-2012, 06:18 PM
Thoughts on TY Hilton?

I'm really high on him, heck I even think he's first round worthy. On draft weekend I don't think he gets out of the top 50.

As for Adams, I haven't seen much of him, but he is pretty dam electric

Duffman57
01-31-2012, 06:27 PM

Why isn't Adams Running? It seems like he could REALLY help his stock.