PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Big Ten Thread

Pages : [1] 2

bearsfan_51
02-01-2012, 03:16 PM
Might as well get this started!

Please someone else other than keylime and treat post in this thing. For as many midwesterners as there are on this board, so few of them seem to care about college football.

bearsfan_51
02-01-2012, 03:28 PM
I'll start by posting my final recruiting rankings (top recruit in parentheses):

1) Ohio State (Noah Spence-DE)
2) Michigan (Kyle Kalis-OL)
3) Iowa (Faith Ekakitie-DE)
4) Michigan State (Monty Madaris-WR)
5) Nebraska (Michael Rose-LB)
6) Penn State (Eugene Lewis- WR)
7) Wisconsin (Vince Biegel- LB)
8) Minnesota (Andre McDonald-WR)
9) Indiana (Kevin Davis- WR)
10) Northwestern (Ideafi Odenigbo-DE)
11) Purdue (Ryan Watson- DE)
12) Illinois (Tajarvis Fuller-DB)

Jordan Diamond could shake things up a bit.

djp
02-01-2012, 04:06 PM
I'll start by posting my final recruiting rankings (top recruit in parentheses):

2) Michigan (Terry Richardson-CB)

What happened to Dinero Moss? I see he hasn't signed LOI, I figured he'd be #1 on name alone ;)

bearsfan_51
02-01-2012, 04:07 PM
Didn't have the grades. Happens a lot when you recruit the Miami area.

djp
02-01-2012, 04:20 PM
Didn't have the grades. Happens a lot when you recruit the Miami area.

So you're saying the Miami public school system isn't up to par...?

Year of the Bull is a great, great documentary that touches more on the culture/academics down there.. highly recommend it if you haven't seen it.

Anyways, pretty pumped about the class Kill brought in... hopefully he can develop them.. particularly the defensive backfield.. don't know if I can stand to watch the Kyle Henderson's (who I went to middle school with, btw) of the world playing CB any more.

ryno626
02-01-2012, 04:26 PM
Did Alex Kozan end up signing with Iowa? Rumors have been flying around that he is back on the market and Hoke is making a one more run at him.

iowatreat54
02-01-2012, 06:47 PM
Did Alex Kozan end up signing with Iowa? Rumors have been flying around that he is back on the market and Hoke is making a one more run at him.

Not that I'm aware of. I've read he is rethinking, so Iowa filled his spot with someone else. I've read he's still planning on Iowa but wants to make sure. I've read Michigan is full/waiting for Diamond, so now he's leaning toward Auburn.

No idea what to think, but he skipped his school's signing ceremony so who knows...

So for Iowa, I think we go 6-6 this year, optimistically 8-4. We will have a pretty new OL and prob a true soph or frosh at RB so it'll be interesting if we revert back to our 2004 no RB offense. Defense will have a really new, but talented DL. LB should be a serious strength, but secondary will be young but talented like the DL. Will be interesting to see who our new DC is.

I think standings will be something like:

Legends
Nebraska
Michigan
MSU
Iowa
Minnesota
jNW

Leaders
OSU (yea, I said it)
Wisconsin
Purdue
Illinois
Penn St
Indiana

Some kinda bold predictions with absolutely no basis other than it's February 1. I reserve all rights to change my mind 50 times before the start of the season.

iowatreat54
02-01-2012, 07:00 PM
Also

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/7528614/some-big-ten-offering-4-year-scholarships

Yes, we're the Big Ten and we are academically and morally superior to you.

No but seriously I'm actually really happy about this. Anyone think schools will be able to use this while recruiting? Guaranteed 4 years vs. risking being replaced 2 years in and having to pay your own way at Alabama during your senior year.

P-L
02-01-2012, 07:01 PM

2) Michigan (Kyle Kalis-OL)

I think Aaron Burbridge is easily Michigan State's top recruit, but I pretty much agree with those team rankings.

ryno626
02-02-2012, 10:24 AM
Not that I'm aware of. I've read he is rethinking, so Iowa filled his spot with someone else. I've read he's still planning on Iowa but wants to make sure. I've read Michigan is full/waiting for Diamond, so now he's leaning toward Auburn.

Michigan had some guys transfer out during the season so wouldn't that free up some scholarships? Or is that not how it works?

bearsfan_51
02-02-2012, 10:33 AM
I think Minnesota will finish with 5, maybe 6 wins. Making a bowl would be a really good thing for this team after missing out the last two years.

-Our OOC schedule replaces USC with Syracuse, so that's nice, along with replacing FCS champ North Dakota State with the type of FCS team you're supposed to schedule (the one you know you can beat). We're also in year 2 of a multi-year rebuilding job.

-On the downside, the team is weak on seniors and juniors, due to so many decommitments and kids failing out when Brewster was fired.

-On the upside, one of those seniors if Marqueis Gray, who will once again make Iowa his personal ******.

iowatreat54
02-02-2012, 03:38 PM
Michigan had some guys transfer out during the season so wouldn't that free up some scholarships? Or is that not how it works?

That's how it works, you're correct.

As I understand it, the Big Ten has said you can only sign 3 player over what you currently have available, and the max you can sign is either 27 or 28. With that, transfers open up your spots, gray shirts don't count until next year's class, and JUCO recruits count towards whatever class they would be (so a JUCO soph. signed in 2012 counts against the 2010 class, not the 25 you get for 2012).

All these conditions is what make it confusing because you have to look at who left, and then if the school awarded any scholarships to walk ons, or if any current commits will be grayshirts. I'm guessing Iowa and Auburn all would have room for Kozan, or in the case of Michigan Kozan or Diamond.

keylime_5
02-02-2012, 10:17 PM
I really.....really, really ******* hate michigan. that is all.

Hines
02-02-2012, 11:10 PM
I'm excited to see the new staff in action with a full year of recruiting and in scheme.

sunnyintheD
02-02-2012, 11:12 PM
I think Aaron Burbridge is easily Michigan State's top recruit, but I pretty much agree with those team rankings.
Gotta say Arnett would be the big get especially if he gets the waiver.

mriforgot
02-03-2012, 01:16 AM
Gotta say Arnett would be the big get especially if he gets the waiver.

If Arnett gets a waiver, I think he's going to be in a starting slot come the beginning of the season. As it stands, MSU's wide receiver corps is very raw, with little playing experience outside of Bennie Fowler.

dolphinfan2k5
02-03-2012, 02:03 AM
Didn't realize there were this many Minnesota fans on here. Does anyone else go here?

Grizzlegom
02-03-2012, 07:52 AM
I'm happy with Penn State's recruiting class overall all things considered. Pretty excited to see how things go with the new staff. I'm also interested in seeing what our QB depth chart looks like next year. McGloin is the clear-cut favorite to be the starter but with a coach that actually knows QBs in BOB, I wonder if things will change. Paul Jones and Rob Bolden are both still more physically talented than McGloin. Perhaps Bolden will once again seek a transfer now that Paterno won't be there to block him? I wouldn't be opposed to it at this point.

Grizzlegom
02-03-2012, 09:16 AM
http://blog.pennlive.com/pasports/2012/02/urban_meyers_illegal_recruitin.html

Meyer already thoroughly pissing off the rest of the Big Ten. Apparently you can take Urban Meyer out of the SEC but you can't take the SEC out of Urban Meyer. Should be interesting...

JoeJoeBrown
02-03-2012, 09:25 AM

Meyer already thoroughly pissing off the rest of the Big Ten. Apparently you can take Urban Meyer out of the SEC but you can't take the SEC out of Urban Meyer. Should be interesting...

A bunch of lazy, hypocritical pussies are whining about him.

BTW, this is what Meyer said today at an Ohio HS coaches clinic. (http://forums.theozone.net/messages/291990.html)

"You're pissed because we went after a committed guy? Guess what, we got 9 guys who better go do it again," he said motioning to his assistants in the front of the room.

"Do it a little harder next time."

Sloopy
02-03-2012, 09:59 AM

This whole gentlemen's agreement was broken awhile ago by the team from up north with Rich Rod.

Either way, times are changing and nothing about it is illegal per NCAA rules.

JoeJoeBrown
02-03-2012, 10:17 AM
This whole gentlemen's agreement was broken awhile ago by the team from up north with Rich Rod.

I mean, Dantonio, one of the biggest bitches in this, flipped Pittman from OSU.

Hell, here is a great article on Bielema's and Dantonio's hypocrisy. (http://theozone.net/recruiting/2011_12/Bielma_Dantonio.html)

bearsfan_51
02-03-2012, 10:51 AM
There must be something more to it. Bielema even said that there were things he wasn't able to talk about yet.

Either way, the idea of a gentleman's agreement is silly; Meyer is totally right on that. And Bielema is a douche, but we already knew that.

bearsfan_51
02-03-2012, 10:53 AM
Didn't realize there were this many Minnesota fans on here. Does anyone else go here?
I don't go to Minnesota anymore, but I'm pretty sure djp does, as does Prince (the poster, not the singer).

keylime_5
02-03-2012, 11:30 AM
There must be something more to it. Bielema even said that there were things he wasn't able to talk about yet.

Either way, the idea of a gentleman's agreement is silly; Meyer is totally right on that. And Bielema is a douche, but we already knew that.

During the quiet period, Meyer couldn't contact Kyle Dodson directly, so he got his brother to be the middle man.

Bielema is bitching just to *****. Dodson was never gonna go to Wisconsin once he started taking visits. If Urban Meyer and Ohio State didn't get him then Lane Kiffen and USC were going to. He's just butthurt that Meyer recruited one of his players.

keylime_5
02-03-2012, 11:34 AM
This thing is really stupid anyways. Urban Meyer gets hired in November and wants to see if an Ohio kid who committed to another Big Ten school after the Tressel fallout is interested in signing with Ohio State now that they have a coach. Dodson and Pittman said they were interested in signing with Ohio State and eventually did. They reopened their recruitments. It's not like Meyer recruited the guys, the guys committed elsewhere, and then Meyer poached them after they said no.

Grizzlegom
02-03-2012, 12:41 PM

So it wasn't okay when RichRod did it but its ok now?

I personally don't really have any issue with it either. Any way to win but I do think there are certain things about the Big Ten that make it better even if we don't win National Championships every year. Having respect for your opponents, having higher academic standards, not over-signing by a bunch of scholarships, etc. Meyer is either going to change the Big Ten by pooping on these traditions and giving Ohio State "advantages", change his ways and not do it, or he'll be the catalyst for change across the board. We'll see what happens.

keylime_5
02-03-2012, 12:54 PM
I don't think Ohio State is going to lower their academic standards. Florida didn't, why would OSU?

Meyer never oversigned at Florida. He is a relentless, cutthroat recruiter, but he isn't Saban or Spurrier.

He might break the trend of not winning national titles, but I wouldn't worry about anything else. He will make the league compete harder if anything.

keylime_5
02-03-2012, 12:56 PM
You wanna hear something funny: former Ohio State linebacker Brian Rolle said on the radio today that he was contacted frequently by Wisconsin until signing day after he verbally committed to Ohio State. Bielema hypocrite??? Yes.

JoeJoeBrown
02-03-2012, 01:31 PM

I personally don't really have any issue with it either. Any way to win but I do think there are certain things about the Big Ten that make it better even if we don't win National Championships every year. Having respect for your opponents, having higher academic standards, not over-signing by a bunch of scholarships, etc. Meyer is either going to change the Big Ten by pooping on these traditions and giving Ohio State "advantages", change his ways and not do it, or he'll be the catalyst for change across the board. We'll see what happens.

OSU's football APR is fifth (http://cfn.scout.com/2/1074494.html), FWIW. I see no reason that it won't continue to be ranked highly under Meyer.

The myth about Meyer requiring a non-qualifier exemption is something completely made up by the idiots at the BWI board. I've never come across dumber humans than the people that populate that inbred section of the internet.

Meyer's never oversigned.

They are handing out four year LOIs.

Meyer is a used car salesman that will get a kid any way that he knows how (that is supposedly legal). I find recruiting to be disgusting anyways, so I guess taking it to uber-aggressive levels is even more offensive to me. But I'm glad he's doing it for OSU and not against them.

The gentleman's agreement thing is silly and it is a lie anyways. It's an excuse for laziness.

Meyer intends to use few red shirts. I think this will free up more scholarships so that non-contributors leave school after four years instead of holding out hope for improvement by the fifth. And a non-contributor that isn't going to get a RS will probably transfer to a place where the can play.

I think that's going to give OSU 4-5 more scholarships a year than they used to hand out under Tressel.

The B1G will suffer with Meyer as the better B1G area recruits come out of Ohio and Pennsylvania more often than not. He's going to get most of the kids he targets in Ohio and to a lesser extent PA due to the storm that has devastated PSU.

Other coaches are going to have to work harder.

bearsfan_51
02-03-2012, 01:55 PM
I may be wrong about this, but I don't think teams like OSU actually can hand out 4-year scholarships until its voted upon by the conference. At this point it's a completely symbolic gesture (one could argue it would be regardless)

iowatreat54
02-03-2012, 03:51 PM
The great thing about Iowa is that we really aren't a great program or close to being elite, so whether OSU has Meyer recruiting for them or a shoe box, it won't really affect us much.

We'll just steal recruits from Toledo and Central Michigan, thank you.

The whole "gentleman's agreement" is nice to talk about, but every coach talks to every recruit they want until they sign, let's not kid ourselves.

Also, I want that goddamn pig back BF.

iowatreat54
02-03-2012, 07:44 PM
http://iowa.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1327414

Ken O'Keefe, offensive coordinator at the University of Iowa for the past 13 seasons, has resigned from the Hawkeye coaching staff to accept another coaching opportunity.

So, we now have no OC and no DC. Interesting that KOK announced right after signing day. Hopefully players were either informed or are ok with it. But for the first time in 13 years, Iowa will have new coordinators under Ferentz.

KOK wasn't the greatest OC and got a lot of hate when Iowa stalled or had some questionable play calls, but still, continuity in college football goes a long way. Some rumors are that Brian Ferentz might be joining the staff in some sort of offensive coaching capacity.

Still, no idea who could possibly be coming in at OC or DC.

Also, just read that Ferentz's youngest son, who is a senior in HS right now, will either walk on at Iowa or possibly play at some small school. Ferentz was always believed to be staying at Iowa at least until all his kids were through school there. James is a senior at Iowa this year, his youngest son may not attend/play at Iowa, and his long time OC and DC have left. I'm starting to worry 2012 might be Kirk's final season...

Sloopy
02-04-2012, 08:01 AM

No my comments were merely meant to point out that this isn't some groundbreaking thing in the big 10.

Kids born in Ohio probably "verbally commit" to Ohio State at the age of 10, does that mean no one should recruit them because they made a non-legally binding statement at some point in their life?

I agree that there are some things which are nice about the big ten, like not over recruiting etc. but this one really doesn't bother me.

Spartan4224
02-08-2012, 11:17 AM
I mean, Dantonio, one of the biggest bitches in this, flipped Pittman from OSU.

Hell, here is a great article on Bielema's and Dantonio's hypocrisy. (http://theozone.net/recruiting/2011_12/Bielma_Dantonio.html)

Pittman was an OSU lean so that makes him committed? PLEASE!!! Urban Liar got Pittman to flip...Good for him. But now he brought in the SEC to Big Ten and soon he'll realize he made a BIG MISTAKE!!! Good luck getting him to stay more than 3 years.

bearsfan_51
02-08-2012, 11:22 AM
Pittman was an OSU lean so that makes him committed? PLEASE!!! Urban Liar got Pittman to flip...Good for him. But now he brought in the SEC to Big Ten and soon he'll realize he made a BIG MISTAKE!!! Good luck getting him to stay more than 3 years.
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_leftkrHJkw1qf8yek.gif

JoeJoeBrown
02-08-2012, 11:30 AM

Wow, you are cracking me up. If you had read the article I linked above, you'd know that Dantonio is a hypocrite that is FOS. And I say that as a Dantonio fan. He's being a baby because it happened to him.

Read this very carefully and you will see that Dantonio has pulled this crap and worse himself over the years, including this freaking year. He just couldn't get the kids to flip to his team so now he is all sour grapes. WAHHHH!

Link to full article. (http://theozone.net/recruiting/2011_12/Bielma_Dantonio.html)
Mark Dantonio thinks recruiting a committed player is unethical. Then why did he have Wisconsin commit Kyle Dodson in for an official visit in January? Why did he and his staff continue to call Buckeye commit Tyvis Powell?

Why was a Spartan assistant coach at Cincinnati Taft trying to get an in-home visit with Adolphus Washington over a month after he had committed to Ohio State?

Is it selective ethics? Do as I say, not as I do?

Or maybe Dantonio is just getting forgetful these days.

After all, when he took the Michigan State job in 2007, he got a commitment from a linebacker who had been committed to Minnesota. That linebacker? Just some nobody named Greg Jones.

But it was understandable. Even though Minnesota was by far Jones' favorite, once Glen Mason got fired, he found himself without the coach that he had committed to. Enter Dantonio.

Was it unethical? Or was it merely just a change of situation for everybody involved?

Jones isn't alone in players that Dantonio has flipped, but I'm not going to go through all of them here.

What I would rather talk about is the polar shift in how Dantonio feels about the rules and boundaries given to new head coaches.

When he left Ohio State to take the head coaching job at Cincinnati in 2004, he revoked every scholarship offer to the Bearcats' verbal commits that he inherited. So of all people, he should understand new staffs and how they have to recruit.

He cut his entire recruiting class loose and he started brand new. Why?

In a online chat for the Cincinnati Enquirer shortly after his hiring he explained his decision.

"Revoking a scholarship is an immature way of talking about it. We simply restarted the recruiting process which was the best interest for everyone involved. These relationships need to be based on trust and honesty and that needs to be developed over time. We continued to reevaluate the recruits and we continue to evaluate them and make decisions that are the best for everyone involved."

So let me get this straight. As a new coach in 2004, he thought it was "in the best interest for everyone involved" to restart the recruiting process.

But yet in 2012, when newly-hired Urban Meyer and his staff restart their own recruiting process, it is now deemed unethical.

Seriously?

I'm forced to type his quote about Meyer once again.

"They've got a new coach, and it's different. I would say it's pretty unethical, in the end."

VikesWookie
02-09-2012, 10:01 AM
I remember when Jones switched over from the Gophers to the Spartans... not sure he could've made as big of a difference here though. After Mason our program fell off the map... In this situation I think Greg put himself in a better position switching.

JoeJoeBrown
02-09-2012, 10:07 AM
I remember when Jones switched over from the Gophers to the Spartans... not sure he could've made as big of a difference here though. After Mason our program fell off the map... In this situation I think Greg put himself in a better position switching.

Yeah I'm not saying that he was dumb to flip, just that Dantonio has done it himself.

And Pittman and dodson will be better off at OSU than at MSU or UW :)

Spartan4224
02-09-2012, 02:54 PM
Wow little Joey. Where do I start. First off Greg Jones came to MSU because Glenn Mason was fired, which means in the "gentlemens agreement" players are fair game until they say they are still committed to that school. Also you want to talk about Kyle Dodson. He stated publicly that he wanted to take visits to other schools. Again if a player contacts the coach of another school or opens up his recruitment then fair game. All Dantonio said was there was a whole new way of recruiting in the Big Ten now that Urban Liar arrived. You even stated that in talking about Urban Liar he had someone contact Dodson's brother during a dead period. That is something SLICK NICK and the SEC would do. Use that Grey Area!!! Dantonio isn't crying, he just said the gloves are off. Congrats on Pittman, MSU was always worried about his solid commitment. And we'll see who the ***** is come this fall! I hope Braxton Miller likes looking out of his earhole AGAIN.

Wow, you are cracking me up. If you had read the article I linked above, you'd know that Dantonio is a hypocrite that is FOS. And I say that as a Dantonio fan. He's being a baby because it happened to him.

Read this very carefully and you will see that Dantonio has pulled this crap and worse himself over the years, including this freaking year. He just couldn't get the kids to flip to his team so now he is all sour grapes. WAHHHH!

Link to full article. (http://theozone.net/recruiting/2011_12/Bielma_Dantonio.html)

Spartan4224
02-09-2012, 03:17 PM
Dantonio didn't go to Taft until Urban Liar started all of his crap. Again the gloves were off at that point. And Cincinnati...he did the same thing at MSU. He is a new coach and wants to bring in his own recruits. Why would he keep recruits that didn't fit his system. It's not fair to the team or the recruits. Most recruits want to be rerecruited if a new coach comes in because they want to make sure it's the fit for them as well as the coach. I can tell you with almost 100% certainty that if a kid truely wanted to stay verbally commited no matter who the coach was Dantonio would have made sure the kid had a scholarship.
Do you think Urban Liar would have kept the verbal pledge of Arthur Ray who was diagnosed with cancer after he committed to MSU, even though he knew it would have taken away a scholarship from a healthy recruit? No he would have had some lame ass excuse about how the kid didn't fit the system and moved on like most of the coaches in the $EC. But it's amazing Arthur Ray is still on a football scholarship and started the first series of their game against Youngstown State in place of Joel Foreman, who had started every game of his career up to that point. But Joel felt it was more important to let Ray start the home opener. So don't give me this crap about Dantonio and MSU!
Urban Liar brought in the $EC and he will have to deal with what comes next. Don't be surprised if you see the rest of the Big Ten gang up on Urban Liar and OSU on the recruiting trail in the next few years. But by then he will have quit AGAIN!!!

Yeah I'm not saying that he was dumb to flip, just that Dantonio has done it himself.

And Pittman and dodson will be better off at OSU than at MSU or UW :)

keylime_5
02-09-2012, 03:35 PM
wow, there is some butt hurt going around already in big ten fanbases b/c of urban meyer and the guy hasn't coached a game yet. just wait until he starts dominating the league on the field....the butthurt will be tenfold.

JoeJoeBrown
02-09-2012, 04:07 PM
Dantonio didn't go to Taft until Urban Liar started all of his crap. Again the gloves were off at that point. And Cincinnati...he did the same thing at MSU. He is a new coach and wants to bring in his own recruits. Why would he keep recruits that didn't fit his system. It's not fair to the team or the recruits. Most recruits want to be rerecruited if a new coach comes in because they want to make sure it's the fit for them as well as the coach. I can tell you with almost 100% certainty that if a kid truely wanted to stay verbally commited no matter who the coach was Dantonio would have made sure the kid had a scholarship.
Do you think Urban Liar would have kept the verbal pledge of Arthur Ray who was diagnosed with cancer after he committed to MSU, even though he knew it would have taken away a scholarship from a healthy recruit? No he would have had some lame ass excuse about how the kid didn't fit the system and moved on like most of the coaches in the $EC. But it's amazing Arthur Ray is still on a football scholarship and started the first series of their game against Youngstown State in place of Joel Foreman, who had started every game of his career up to that point. But Joel felt it was more important to let Ray start the home opener. So don't give me this crap about Dantonio and MSU!
Urban Liar brought in the $EC and he will have to deal with what comes next. Don't be surprised if you see the rest of the Big Ten gang up on Urban Liar and OSU on the recruiting trail in the next few years. But by then he will have quit AGAIN!!!

Why are you so angry?

And how do you know what Urban Meyer would do if there was a kid with cancer taking up a scholarship on the roster? You have no idea. None. You are conjecturing. Your anger seems to be welling up over a completely hypothetical scenario.

Meyer is definitely aggressive with his recruiting and pushes the limits. But other coaches in the B1G already do that.

Also, do you not understand the purpose of paragraphs?

iowatreat54
02-09-2012, 04:49 PM
Iowa has a kid with cancer...and he's going to run trains on you all for 2 years until AIRBHG finds out about him.

Spartan4224
02-09-2012, 08:56 PM
First I'm seperating thoughts to make sure you don't get things confused. Second I only get angry when someone talks $hit about stuff they think they know something about because they read some crack heads article on the internet. There's a difference between being aggressive and being shady. Has any other coach come in and caused such issues in the Big Ten from week one. Even Dick Rod didn't come close to what Urban Liar has done so far and the season is still 6 months away. I know OSU is used to winning at all costs starting with Katzenmoyer (?) and his 1.0 GPA and ending with tatoogate. Your attempt to justfy Liar's recruiting tatics with lies about other coaches is what really pisses me off. Everyone knows that what he is doing is at least boarding on illegal ($EC recruiting tatics) but don't bring in Dantonio when he does everything by the books. Your attempt to justfy just makes you look stupid.

Why are you so angry?

And how do you know what Urban Meyer would do if there was a kid with cancer taking up a scholarship on the roster? You have no idea. None. You are conjecturing. Your anger seems to be welling up over a completely hypothetical scenario.

Meyer is definitely aggressive with his recruiting and pushes the limits. But other coaches in the B1G already do that.

Also, do you not understand the purpose of paragraphs?

JoeJoeBrown
02-10-2012, 09:31 AM
First I'm seperating thoughts to make sure you don't get things confused. Second I only get angry when someone talks $hit about stuff they think they know something about because they read some crack heads article on the internet. There's a difference between being aggressive and being shady. Has any other coach come in and caused such issues in the Big Ten from week one. Even Dick Rod didn't come close to what Urban Liar has done so far and the season is still 6 months away. I know OSU is used to winning at all costs starting with Katzenmoyer (?) and his 1.0 GPA and ending with tatoogate. Your attempt to justfy Liar's recruiting tatics with lies about other coaches is what really pisses me off. Everyone knows that what he is doing is at least boarding on illegal ($EC recruiting tatics) but don't bring in Dantonio when he does everything by the books. Your attempt to justfy just makes you look stupid.

So I'm guessing the answer is "No, you don't understand the purpose of paragraphs."

Your rambling thoughts are disjointed, random, nonsensical, paranoid, and fail to address anything resembling a fact pertinent to any discussion that I've seen in this thread.

These are all signs of schizophrenia and/or mild mental retardation.

Which, to be fair, is consistent with the MSU student norm.

andyjo672
02-10-2012, 10:49 AM
So I'm guessing the answer is "No, you don't understand the purpose of paragraphs."

Your rambling thoughts are disjointed, random, nonsensical, paranoid, and fail to address anything resembling a fact pertinent to any discussion that I've seen in this thread.

As if those attributes aren't at all associated with the typical OSU student...

JoeJoeBrown
02-10-2012, 10:53 AM
As if those attributes aren't at all associated with the typical OSU student...

I didn't say they weren't. I think most state universities have more than a few complete morons.

Spartan4224
02-10-2012, 03:03 PM
First you need to learn how to read. Everything was seperated, as stated before, so someone with your lack of intellegence could understand it. Second, we are on a disscussion board and not writing a thesis paper. Your agrument about education is only to cover up the fact that you were wrong on everything you said. Which is a defense mechanism of WOLVIE. So I'm glad you are striving to be like the guys in AA. Can you say...WALMART BUCKEY

So everything I argued had nothing to do with what you wrote earlier in the discussion. I guess that was your alter ego that wrote all those lies.

MAYBE YOU'RE THE ONE WHO SHOULD LOOK INTO SOME MEDICATION!!!

Next time don't bring a knife to a gun fight. AKA: know your facts before you put your fingers on the keyboard. You're only going to hurt yourself and the few lapdogs that follow you.

JoeJoeBrown
02-10-2012, 03:29 PM
First you need to learn how to read. Everything was seperated, as stated before, so someone with your lack of intellegence could understand it. Second, we are on a disscussion board and not writing a thesis paper. Your agrument about education is only to cover up the fact that you were wrong on everything you said. Which is a defense mechanism of WOLVIE. So I'm glad you are striving to be like the guys in AA. Can you say...WALMART BUCKEY

So everything I argued had nothing to do with what you wrote earlier in the discussion. I guess that was your alter ego that wrote all those lies.

MAYBE YOU'RE THE ONE WHO SHOULD LOOK INTO SOME MEDICATION!!!

Next time don't bring a knife to a gun fight. AKA: know your facts before you put your fingers on the keyboard. You're only going to hurt yourself and the few lapdogs that follow you.

I want to thank you for brightening my day. You are one of the most self-unaware individuals that I've engaged with in ages.

You are either a shining example of the Dunning–Kruger effect or a troll that is dedicated to his hobby. Either way, kudos, and again thanks for making me laugh.

Spartan4224
02-10-2012, 03:58 PM
Hey Little Joey,
Next time think before you post. You never know who is lurking to put you in your place.

I want to thank you for brightening my day. You are one of the most self-unaware individuals that I've engaged with in ages.

You are either a shining example of the Dunning–Kruger effect or a troll that is dedicated to his hobby. Either way, kudos, and again thanks for making me laugh.

JoeJoeBrown
02-10-2012, 04:15 PM
Hey Little Joey,
Next time think before you post. You never know who is lurking to put you in your place.

http://linkdump.nodblog.com/files/2009/04/samuel-jackson-snake-stare.gif

iowatreat54
02-10-2012, 06:36 PM
Sparty,

You never responded to me in the other thread. We should continue it here. Here was my response to you:

First, 2012 - 2006 = 6 years ago. I really hope you didn't major in math at MSU.

Second, you said in the last decade, not the last 5 years.

Third, in the last 5 years MSU has 27 wins in the Big Ten, tied for 2nd most with PSU and 3 behind OSU.

Fourth, I said Michigan has been more relevant than MSU in the last decade, not recently or the last 5 years. I never said MSU is irrelevant.

Fifth, MSU has a ton of bandwagon football fans in the last couple years. Hey, Iowa does too usually. It's annoying when they think they are some elite team when they aren't even close.

Finally, I have a degree from Iowa. I only spent 4 years in that god foresaken state. I live and work in Chicago.

I've been to Michigan St. a number of times and love the campus. But you and other MSU fans need stop acting like god damn little brother and bitching about the name Michigan being used in an irrelevant example. It just furthers the notion that MSU fans are obsessed with all things Michigan.

bearsfan_51
02-10-2012, 09:09 PM
How about we just universally agree to ignore this dude and maybe he'll go away?

JoeJoeBrown
02-10-2012, 10:33 PM
How about we just universally agree to ignore this dude and maybe he'll go away?

I agree. I was having fun with him, but it's getting weird now.

BuckeyeDan17
02-11-2012, 12:26 PM
This is some hilarious stuff. I need to come on more. Sparty's a madman. How about some actual B1G discussion or is that in appropriate at this point?

Actually I don't know what to talk about :(

2012 is a big year for Braxton Miller, do you guys think he'll be able to adjust to Meyer's system or does he hit a rough sophomroe slump and regress? I've no idea what to expect. Moreover, does our secondary make the improvements it needs to? Do our linebackers learn how to ******* make open-field tackles and stop taking piss poor angles?

Can we actually have a goddamn pass rush?

Plenty of questions to be answered in 2012 for us.

How is everyone else's team looking for next year? Iowa, Illinois, Wiscy?

A lot of friends I hang out with here at IU had a raging boner for Nebraska in 2011. Ouch.

Sorry this post is all over the place, my mind wanders.

JoeJoeBrown
02-11-2012, 12:36 PM
This is some hilarious stuff. I need to come on more. Sparty's a madman. How about some actual B1G discussion or is that in appropriate at this point?

2012 is a big year for Braxton Miller, do you guys think he'll be able to adjust to Meyer's system or does he hit a rough sophomroe slump and regress? I've no idea what to expect. Moreover, does our secondary make the improvements it needs to? Do our linebackers learn how to ******* make open-field tackles and stop taking piss poor angles?

A lot of friends I hang out with here at IU had a raging boner for Nebraska in 2011. Ouch.

I'm interested in seeing how Minny does. I like Kill, and hope he can improve the team. There is no reason for Minnesota to be a terrible team.

I'm also interested in seeing how Illinois does. I wonder if Beckmann can bring them out of their funk. Recruiting Chicago can be very tough.

WRT OSU, Braxton is a great athlete. Supposedly he had a decent arm in HS, but I didn't see much of that this season. He has nowhere to go but up, and I think he will excel with a real QB coach and a real OC.

There are plenty of guys to step up and be playmakers for OSU, it's not like the team was barren of athletes, despite Urban's hyperbole. It's just that the offense was so terrible and that the coaching was so terrible that these kids couldn't do very much. That kind of coaching ineptitude wears on a player (speaking from HS experience) and after awhile.

The D-Line will be stacked. LBs will be better than last year, but still not a strong point as the new talent tries to learn the system. DBs are a question mark, but I think they'll be strong. I think there will be a lot of freshmen getting meaningful PT on D this year.

The schedule is as easy as you can get, IMO. Stupid Gene Smith really blew it, as I think there would have been a shot at a BCS game this next season with a one or two loss season being decently probable.

BuckeyeDan17
02-12-2012, 05:08 PM
So who are our starting receivers then besides Devin Smith? Is he even staying?

I hope Doran Grant has his coming out party this year, he's so talented. Also, I agree we've absolutely immense talent along the defensive line, but how much will Schutt, Spence, Washington and Pittman contribute? I guess we don't really need them too with Steve Miller and Hayes waiting in the shadows. Micheal Bennett, Hankins, Miller, Williams? Williams may not be the same player though. Forr some reason it's slipping my mind if Simon's graduating or going into his senior.

keylime_5
02-12-2012, 05:30 PM
I expect Spence and Washington to play a lot this year, as much as John Simon played in 2009 during his freshman year. We need speed at DE, that means Nathan Williams (if he's back to healthy), Steve Miller, Kenny Hayes, and the freshmen get PT. JT Moore should see the field soon, though I think the younger guys will pass him on the depth chart. Hankins, Simon (senior this year), and Michael Bennett are all going to be monsters this year on the D-Line.

Devin Smith will start outside. Corey Brown will be starting as well. He should be the slot guy. Chris Fields, Evan Spencer, and Verlon Reed (who is recovering from an ACL injury) will battle for the 3rd and 4th WR spots.

We return our entire secondary from last year. Doran Grant will be the #3 cornerback behind Brad Roby and Travis Howard. Ryan Shazier and Etienne Sabino will start at LB. The 3rd linebacker will either be Storm Klein at MLB (with Sabino at SLB) or Curtis Grant at SLB (moving Sabino to MLB).

BuckeyeDan17
02-12-2012, 07:24 PM
Would be badass to see us become the New York Giants of college football and just throw 4 defensive ends at a quarterback on 3rd and longs although we could become prone to screens, draws and whatnot but I'm not trying to get too far into an X's and O's discussion although that is my cup of tea.

Urban Meyer and Co. are going to have a ******* field day with this front 7 talent for the next couple years. With a decent secondary, you'd imagine it's going to be difficult for teams to move the ball on us for long drives. All that depth means fresh legs, which amounts to a consistent pass rush deep into games.

I'm much more concerned with the offensive development than I am the defense's success. For instance, will Brax settle down on his deep ball and not overthrow receivers as much? I'll admit a lot of sacks I feel like were coverage ones. Gotta keep reminding myself how undeveloped our WR corps was last year with the exception of Posey and in the latter part of the year.

So, who's our breakout player for 2012 for the Bucks?

Shazier already has made a name for himself with his explosiveness on the field as well as being a ******* heat seeking missle. We know what Bennett is capable of.

I'll say Steve Miller makes a name for himself this year.

keylime_5
02-12-2012, 07:43 PM
I think Devin Smith, Corey Brown, and Jordan Hall are all candidates for breaking out. At least one or two of those guys are gonna have a monster year.

keylime_5
02-15-2012, 05:50 PM
I thought this was funny. New sign at the woody hayes athletic center:

https://p.twimg.com/Alt6mlKCQAAHXqH.jpg

andyjo672
02-15-2012, 05:52 PM

I dare you to try and get into UofM's undergraduate business program. Maybe the fact that those programs up north require more than a pulse to get into has something to do with it.

iowatreat54
02-15-2012, 07:03 PM
OSU has 31 in Communication, Family Resource Management (wtf?), and Sports & Leisure studies.

Michigan has 33 in General Studies, Sports Management, Sociology, and Sports Movement.

I'd say it's about a wash. Funny sign though.

keylime_5
02-15-2012, 08:32 PM
wtf is Sports Movement?

bearsfan_51
02-15-2012, 08:33 PM
Most of those majors are jokes; that's a really stupid argument.

Trust me, as someone who has dealt with a few of them, the stereotype of dumb football players definitely holds true in college.

Smooth Criminal
02-15-2012, 08:54 PM
General studies is hilarious. Way to get a useful degree.

iowatreat54
02-15-2012, 09:01 PM
http://www.universities.com/edu/Bachelor_degrees_in_Family_Resource_Management_Stu dies_General.html

Bachelor in Family Resource Management Studies, General

A general program that focuses on the design and implementation of policies and processes contributing to successful individual and family resource management. Includes instruction in financial goal-setting and strategies; household income, assets, and debt management; preventing and resolving financial difficulties; and the use of relevant public resources.

So basically they are getting a degree in a consumer ed class I was required to take as a sophomore in high school. Amazing.

I will note, however, that this topic in general is actually not a bad class to take, as it would probably prove to be pretty useful. But a degree in how to live and not spend all your money on dumb ****?

Spartan4224
02-15-2012, 10:37 PM
I can have civil discussions all day. But when you post crap like Dantonio's a b!tch and try to substantiate it with lies. Then when you get called out you try to make some poor excuse for a comeback about intellegence on the English language, on a message board of all places, because you're trying to avoid the fact that you have no backing for your post. Now you act like you're taking some high road with your latest comment (in case you all ready forgot read your quote again).
Your that annoying person that's to weak or lazy to come up with factual information to defend your argument so you try to get people to back you up with the, I didn't really care about that argument anyways crap. But anyone with a bit of common sense would understand that you and your statement was full of $hit and I successfully called BS on it. And you can't find any reasonable way to defend it.

Just don't make ignorant statements!

And the fact that I'm wasting my time on some hack is weird.

QUOTE=JoeJoe Brown; 2856507]I agree. I was having fun with him, but it's getting weird now.[/QUOTE]

Spartan4224
02-15-2012, 10:41 PM
I did but it must not have posted. Let me get some more time and I'll post again. Sorry about the corn field comment. Little Joey had me fired up.

Sparty,

You never responded to me in the other thread. We should continue it here. Here was my response to you:

Spartan4224
02-15-2012, 10:47 PM
95% of the students in the General Studies program are athletes if that tells you anything and Dick Rod pushed all of his players to that degree even if they wanted to major in something else. Not sure how Brady Hoke is.

Spartan4224
02-15-2012, 11:05 PM
One of Jim 's many quotes.

Michigan is a good school and I got a good education there,” he said, “but the athletic department has ways to get borderline guys in and, when they’re in, they steer them to courses in sports communications. They’re adulated when they’re playing, but when they get out, the people who adulated them won’t hire them.”- Jim Harbaugh (San Francisco Examiner, May 4, 2007)

bearsfan_51
02-15-2012, 11:45 PM
I can have civil discussions all day.
No, you really can't. You belong on the ESPN boards or something.

JoeJoeBrown
02-15-2012, 11:47 PM
I can have civil discussions all day. But when you post crap like Dantonio's a b!tch and try to substantiate it with lies. Then when you get called out you try to make some poor excuse for a comeback about intellegence on the English language, on a message board of all places, because you're trying to avoid the fact that you have no backing for your post. Now you act like you're taking some high road with your latest comment (in case you all ready forgot read your quote again).
Your that annoying person that's to weak or lazy to come up with factual information to defend your argument so you try to get people to back you up with the, I didn't really care about that argument anyways crap. But anyone with a bit of common sense would understand that you and your statement was full of $hit and I successfully called BS on it. And you can't find any reasonable way to defend it.

Just don't make ignorant statements!

And the fact that I'm wasting my time on some hack is weird.

QUOTE=JoeJoe Brown; 2856507]I agree. I was having fun with him, but it's getting weird now.[/QUOTE]

So I guess that you really aren't a troll, but instead you truly are a grade A moron.

Dantonio was being a ***** whining about Meyer. The word "*****" is debatable, but the impetus behind using it isn't; he cried like a baby when Meyer flipped Pittman back to OSU.

A commitment isn't a commitment until the player signs on the dotted line. You are debating the difference between "lean" and "verbal commitment". OSU lean vs MSU verbal commitment. In Pittman's own words, he was going to OSU until the Tressel crap hit the fan. To me, that's a commitment.

Regardless, if you had the capability of reading the posts I've made, they include FACTS about Dantonio pursuing kids verbally committed to other schools. Kyle Dodson being one of them. In January. You rationalized away another player, because it was in retaliation to Meyer flipping Pittman. Also, Mr. Jones.

However you want to rationalize it, go ahead. It's bad when Meyer does it, it's good when Dantonio does it.

I should take bear's advice and ignore you, but it's kinda fun to taunt the slow kid on the internet.

Even if no one wins.
http://images.mylot.com/userImages/images/postphotos/1719835.jpg
What are the odds that Sparty comes back and says that is a portrait of me?

mriforgot
02-16-2012, 02:28 AM

- I'm really excited for the Michigan State/Boise State game to kickoff the season. I know Boise's probably not going to be as good as the past couple years, but I am a fan of Petersen and the work he's done with them.

- The Spartans are going to have a solid, but unspectacular year; somewhere around 8-4. A lot of questions on the offensive side of the ball at QB and WR. Andrew Maxwell played good in mp up duty, but can he play as well as the starter? And as alluded to earlier, if Arnett gets his waiver to play immediately, he's one of the starting WRs, alongside Bennie Fowler. I also expect one of the freshman wideouts to get a lot of playing time this season.

- Fortunately, the running game should be powerful, with Bell and Caper back, plus Nick Hill will probably get some more looks in the backfield. The offensive line should be stout again this year, with starting experience at all positions except left guard.

- The defense should be the best part of the Spartans this year, as the majority of the starters are back. Gholston and Rush should have good years coming off the defensive end positions. I expected Chris Norman to have a breakout year last year, with Greg Jones gone, but it never really happened. We'll see if he can become an impact player this year.

- As far as other teams go, I look forward to seeing how much Minnesota improves. I've always liked them, oddly, and would like to see them make some steps forward.

Also, I like Jordan Hall, I don't know why, but he's always been an interesting player to watch.

And any OSU fans know what ever happened to James Jackson? I know he transferred out to some smaller school, but I never really heard why. I figured it's because he realized he can't play football. >.>

andyjo672
02-16-2012, 09:18 AM

Just looked it up, and as I suspected you also have to apply for Michigan's engineering program, in addition to their business school (which I previously mentioned is nearly impossible to get into). I have a feeling this has more to do with it than OSU expecting more than the team up north from their student athletes.

JoeJoeBrown
02-16-2012, 10:04 AM
- I'm really excited for the Michigan State/Boise State game to kickoff the season. I know Boise's probably not going to be as good as the past couple years, but I am a fan of Petersen and the work he's done with them.

- The Spartans are going to have a solid, but unspectacular year; somewhere around 8-4. A lot of questions on the offensive side of the ball at QB and WR. Andrew Maxwell played good in mp up duty, but can he play as well as the starter? And as alluded to earlier, if Arnett gets his waiver to play immediately, he's one of the starting WRs, alongside Bennie Fowler. I also expect one of the freshman wideouts to get a lot of playing time this season.

- Fortunately, the running game should be powerful, with Bell and Caper back, plus Nick Hill will probably get some more looks in the backfield. The offensive line should be stout again this year, with starting experience at all positions except left guard.

- The defense should be the best part of the Spartans this year, as the majority of the starters are back. Gholston and Rush should have good years coming off the defensive end positions. I expected Chris Norman to have a breakout year last year, with Greg Jones gone, but it never really happened. We'll see if he can become an impact player this year.

- As far as other teams go, I look forward to seeing how much Minnesota improves. I've always liked them, oddly, and would like to see them make some steps forward.

Also, I like Jordan Hall, I don't know why, but he's always been an interesting player to watch.

And any OSU fans know what ever happened to James Jackson? I know he transferred out to some smaller school, but I never really heard why. I figured it's because he realized he can't play football. >.>

Good Writeup. Still think you guys will be better than 8-4 this season. Love the running game and the front seven defenders are good to very good.

That will get you a lot of wins. I liked cousins as a person but his game was average. I doubt that you miss him too much.

bearsfan_51
02-16-2012, 11:40 AM
I think Michigan State will do better than 8-4 as well, if for no other reason than the Big Ten looks weak this year. Of the top tier teams, only Michigan is likely to be improved (or OSU, but they certainly weren't top tier last year). Some lower-tier teams could improve (Minnesota and Indiana can't get much worse) but I'm not sure that's a major threat to Michigan State.

mriforgot
02-16-2012, 11:49 AM
I think Michigan State will do better than 8-4 as well, if for no other reason than the Big Ten looks weak this year. Of the top tier teams, only Michigan is likely to be improved (or OSU, but they certainly weren't top tier last year). Some lower-tier teams could improve (Minnesota and Indiana can't get much worse) but I'm not sure that's a major threat to Michigan State.

I just feel like there will be a lot of close games this season, with the passing game iffy at the outset.

Games that worry me this season: Notre Dame (always play oddly against them), Ohio State, Michigan, Wisconsin, Nebraska, w/ Iowa and Northwestern seeming like a threat to beat us every year. I think somewhere between those games is 3-4 losses.

bearsfan_51
02-16-2012, 11:55 AM
Wisconsin and Iowa have some serious holes to fill. Northwestern has been hanging onto mediocrity by a thread for years now. Not really sure how Nebraska's looking for next year.

I guess 4 losses is realistic though, now that I look at the list.

bearsfan_51
02-16-2012, 12:01 PM
Minnesota-UNLV opener has been moved from Saturday to Thursday (Aug 30) meaning that it almost assuredly be on some ESPN network or nationally on BTN.

Sloopy
02-16-2012, 01:10 PM
Just looked it up, and as I suspected you also have to apply for Michigan's engineering program, in addition to their business school (which I previously mentioned is nearly impossible to get into). I have a feeling this has more to do with it than OSU expecting more than the team up north from their student athletes.

What does this have to do with their football team?

JoeJoeBrown
02-16-2012, 01:43 PM
What does this have to do with their football team?

Don't mind him, looking at his collective posting history on the B1G he obviously has a Napoleon complex.

OSU is pretty highly thought of for a giant public university. Admissions are much more difficult now than 15 years ago. It's definitely not as good as UM in the majority of majors, but it's not a joke to get into anymore. Standards are pretty high for a school with such a large student population.

It's definitely not a bad school (you could have said that about 20-30 years ago). Across the board it matches up with a school like UT.

Regardless, comparing the collective intelligence of football players of BCS football programs outside of a handful of schools (Stanford, Notre Dame, and Vandy come to mind) is like having a tallest midget contest.

Yes, there are outlier players that are intelligent and educated. But OSU and UM are not shining examples of having a lot of those.

andyjo672
02-16-2012, 03:21 PM
Don't mind him, looking at his collective posting history on the B1G he obviously has a Napoleon complex.

OSU is pretty highly thought of for a giant public university. Admissions are much more difficult now than 15 years ago. It's definitely not as good as UM in the majority of majors, but it's not a joke to get into anymore. Standards are pretty high for a school with such a large student population.

It's definitely not a bad school (you could have said that about 20-30 years ago). Across the board it matches up with a school like UT.

Regardless, comparing the collective intelligence of football players of BCS football programs outside of a handful of schools (Stanford, Notre Dame, and Vandy come to mind) is like having a tallest midget contest.

Yes, there are outlier players that are intelligent and educated. But OSU and UM are not shining examples of having a lot of those.

Napoleon Complex? Based on what? Do you even understand what that is? For all you know I'm 6'6''.

Also, how it relates to football players? The picture was posted that showed OSU having more players in Engineering and Business and that was supposedly some sort of statement that these players pushed themselves harder than those from Michigan. I refuted that by simply suggesting that MAYBE this had something to do with that you can't just show up at UM and say "I'm an engineering major" or "I'm a business major" like you can at OSU thus making those comparisons apples and oranges. I wasn't discussing the intelligence of the two teams at all but I will happily discuss yours if you'd like.

JoeJoeBrown
02-16-2012, 04:25 PM
Napoleon Complex? Based on what? Do you even understand what that is? For all you know I'm 6'6''.

Also, how it relates to football players? The picture was posted that showed OSU having more players in Engineering and Business and that was supposedly some sort of statement that these players pushed themselves harder than those from Michigan. I refuted that by simply suggesting that MAYBE this had something to do with that you can't just show up at UM and say "I'm an engineering major" or "I'm a business major" like you can at OSU thus making those comparisons apples and oranges. I wasn't discussing the intelligence of the two teams at all but I will happily discuss yours if you'd like.

Apparently you don't understand context.
Napoleon Complex (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Napoleon_complex): "Napoleon complex is an informal term describing an alleged type of inferiority complex which is said to affect some people, especially men, who are short in stature. The term is also used more generally to describe people who are driven by a perceived handicap to overcompensate in other aspects of their lives."

You love to harp on the short comings of OSU, in this case, on the academic side. So to spell it out, it was a dig on you. It was a joke for being OCD about slamming OSU for some reason or another to the degree that you do.

I think the whole comparison by Meyer is moronic, but that is beside the point.

Your insinuation here: I dare you to try and get into UofM's undergraduate business program. Maybe the fact that those programs up north require more than a pulse to get into has something to do with it.
was added to your statement here:Just looked it up, and as I suspected you also have to apply for Michigan's engineering program, in addition to their business school (which I previously mentioned is nearly impossible to get into). I have a feeling this has more to do with it than OSU expecting more than the team up north from their student athletes.

to give anyone with the ability to string several posts of thoughts together that you were not only slamming OSU academics, but implying that the football players in those programs at UM were superior to those at OSU.

But like I said, it's a moronic statement by OSU football. Just because there are plenty of idiots on the UM football team (and there are plenty) there are just as many or more on the OSU team.

Sloopy
02-16-2012, 07:26 PM

OSU has a top 20 engineering school in the country, with as few as 20 graduates from the program a year (these stats are from the OSU sight so take it for what it is) I understand that it isn't necessarily on the same level as your school but don't act like they let just anyone in.

Regardless, this has little to do with football.

A more interesting and football related stat is 8 out of the last 10, as in: Ohio state has won 8 out of the last 10 games :) just saying

bearsfan_51
02-16-2012, 10:27 PM
He's a Wisconsin fan.

andyjo672
02-17-2012, 06:17 AM
Apparently you don't understand context.
Napoleon Complex (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Napoleon_complex): "Napoleon complex is an informal term describing an alleged type of inferiority complex which is said to affect some people, especially men, who are short in stature. The term is also used more generally to describe people who are driven by a perceived handicap to overcompensate in other aspects of their lives."

You love to harp on the short comings of OSU, in this case, on the academic side. So to spell it out, it was a dig on you. It was a joke for being OCD about slamming OSU for some reason or another to the degree that you do.

I think the whole comparison by Meyer is moronic, but that is beside the point.

Your insinuation here:
was added to your statement here:

to give anyone with the ability to string several posts of thoughts together that you were not only slamming OSU academics, but implying that the football players in those programs at UM were superior to those at OSU.

But like I said, it's a moronic statement by OSU football. Just because there are plenty of idiots on the UM football team (and there are plenty) there are just as many or more on the OSU team.

Please enlighten me on my handicap if that's the case.

Actually I didn't harp on OSU's academics or athletes at all, in fact I never said one negative thing about them. You decided to connect dots that weren't there. I simply was making the point that the sign was dumb, as I pointed out in my last post, because at one of those schools you can show up and announce that you're an engineering or business student while at the other you need to go through another round of applications and an acceptance process. That is all I was saying. If you want to make a bigger deal out of it that is your prerogative. Seriously though, the only point I was trying to make was that the sign was dumb. I have no horses in this race whatsoever between those two schools so can we just end this conversation as you guys have made it a way bigger deal than was my intention?

Sloopy
02-17-2012, 08:03 AM
He's a Wisconsin fan.

couldn't tell :P

JoeJoeBrown
02-17-2012, 08:11 AM
Please enlighten me on my handicap if that's the case.

Actually I didn't harp on OSU's academics or athletes at all, in fact I never said one negative thing about them. You decided to connect dots that weren't there. I simply was making the point that the sign was dumb, as I pointed out in my last post, because at one of those schools you can show up and announce that you're an engineering or business student while at the other you need to go through another round of applications and an acceptance process. That is all I was saying. If you want to make a bigger deal out of it that is your prerogative. Seriously though, the only point I was trying to make was that the sign was dumb. I have no horses in this race whatsoever between those two schools so can we just end this conversation as you guys have made it a way bigger deal than was my intention?

Ok I read too much into it. The sign is stupid. Hugs.

Santonio10
02-17-2012, 10:04 PM
It's kind of cool to see Ken O'Keefe go to the Dolphins. He won the 1990 D3 national title here at my school, Allegheny College, with Joe Philbin serving as his offensive co-ordinator/line coach. Hard to believe that any of my current coaches would be working in the NFL some day

mqtirishfan
02-17-2012, 11:06 PM

Communications Major?
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/005/498/1300044776986.jpg

Santonio10
02-18-2012, 01:25 PM
Communications Major?
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/005/498/1300044776986.jpg

They might as well be general studies majors!

mqtirishfan
02-18-2012, 02:17 PM
They might as well be general studies majors!

I just love how the sign makes it look like OSU players are doing anything remotely more impressive here. As far as I can tell, Family Resource Management is basically a degree in keeping track of your finances.

Either way, I'm shocked that college football players pick easy degrees at difficult schools. Shocked, I tell you.

keylime_5
02-18-2012, 03:01 PM
I think people are missing the point that while Ohio State isn't full of engineering and microbiology majors, compared to Michigan's 24 General Studies majors and 13 Sports Management/Movement majors majors (only 2 engineering, 1 biology, 0 business) they are taking a whole lot tougher of a load.

Communication and Family Resource Mngnmnt aren't that tough? I think you guys aren't looking past that and seeing the SEVEN biology majors, EIGHT business, and EIGHT engineering majors at Ohio State compared to the 2 engineering, 1 biology, and 0 business majors at michigan. I kinda think that is the point, hence the bold letters.

Also, I think the whole idea is for recruits who typically get sold how great an academic insitution michigan. gonna be lots of UM/OSU recruiting battles, there always is.

bearsfan_51
02-18-2012, 03:25 PM
Business is not a hard major at all. It's a real major, but it's not difficult.

keylime_5
02-18-2012, 05:24 PM
my brother got a degree in business. most undergrad degrees are easy, but business is sure a better degree to have than general studies or sports mngmt. it depends really if you focus on finance, accounting, or whatnot too.

iowatreat54
02-18-2012, 11:27 PM
I think people are missing the point that while Ohio State isn't full of engineering and microbiology majors, compared to Michigan's 24 General Studies majors and 13 Sports Management/Movement majors majors (only 2 engineering, 1 biology, 0 business) they are taking a whole lot tougher of a load.

Communication and Family Resource Mngnmnt aren't that tough? I think you guys aren't looking past that and seeing the SEVEN biology majors, EIGHT business, and EIGHT engineering majors at Ohio State compared to the 2 engineering, 1 biology, and 0 business majors at michigan. I kinda think that is the point, hence the bold letters.

Also, I think the whole idea is for recruits who typically get sold how great an academic insitution michigan. gonna be lots of UM/OSU recruiting battles, there always is.

I went through this on the last page. The number of joke majors on the OSU side compared to the Michigan side is pretty much a wash, so it doesn't really matter. So OSU has 8 engineering majors. What if Michigan has 8 physics majors? So OSU has 8 engineering majors. What if Michigan has 8 pre-law majors?

I highly doubt that list tells the whole story of the entire football team for each program. It only lists 45 Michigan players, less than half the kids on scholarship. For the purposes of the rivalry, it's good natured fun. But to act like somehow this proves OSU players > Michigan players in academia is incredibly naive. I'm guessing they are more or less the same, just like with every other school minus Northwestern.

P-L
02-20-2012, 07:58 PM

There is no comparison between the business and engineering programs at Michigan and the ones at Ohio State. Very few, if any, of those 16 business and engineering football players at Ohio State would be admitted into the same programs at Michigan.

Sloopy
02-20-2012, 09:36 PM
There is no comparison between the business and engineering programs at Michigan and the ones at Ohio State. Very few, if any, of those 16 business and engineering football players at Ohio State would be admitted into the same programs at Michigan.

...and? None of the players on YOUR football team would be admitted either; hence why they are general studies majors.

Have I mentioned my 8 out of 10 stat? :P

keylime_5
02-20-2012, 09:55 PM

not the point. point is they are general studies majors and not a harder major that is comparable to business/engineering at osu. doesn't have to be business or engineering, but c'mon! general studies?

mqtirishfan
02-20-2012, 10:46 PM
not the point. point is they are general studies majors and not a harder major that is comparable to business/engineering at osu. doesn't have to be business or engineering, but c'mon! general studies?

Communications?

Again, it's a bunch of college athletes taking easy majors. The point remains that Ohio State's athletes aren't doing anything more impressive than Michigan's. Funny picture for Ohio State to point at, but undoubtedly a stretch.

keylime_5
02-21-2012, 09:37 AM
again, I think the 24 General Studies majors for Michigan compared to their 2 Engineering, 1 Biology, and 0 Business majors is the point of the sign. Ohio State's major selections is about average. The point is to show recruits these numbers b/c Michigan uses academics as a major selling point in recruiting....and the image is funny b/c the it shows a bit of the heated rivalry at work.

Spartan4224
02-21-2012, 10:13 AM
So Dantonio's a ***** for saying the gloves are off when it comes to OSU. He made a statement and that's being a *****?

Please go back and read the previous posts. I all ready shot down all of your arguments when it comes to MSU and recruiting of players, with no intelligent response from you. Do you have memory problems?
LET"S REHASH: When MSU went after Dodson he all ready said he was opening up his recruitment, which makes him fair game unlike when OSU started contacting him. And Glen Mason got fired so those commitments to Minnesota are open for recruiting until the recruit says he is staying with Minnesota, which Greg Jones did not do and flipped to MSU. And when MSU went into Taft to recruit Washington the gloves were all ready off from the Pittman scenerio. However, Dantonio did not get fired and Pittman never said he was opening up his recrutment, nor did Dodson when OSU started recruiting him again. How distorted is your common sense when a lean becomes a verbal (Pittman) which he never said. OSU fans just think every player in Ohio is automatically committed to them until OSU says they don't want them. You're trying to justify what Urban Liar did with attacks against other coaches and programs. Then you have nothing of substance to back it up.

First learn how to read and second quit being such an idiot.

I would love to put you in a cage where you couldn't run and have this discussion. People like you have message board muscles and nothing more.

Please don't post at me again unless you can come back with some information that is relivent to this discussion.

So I guess that you really aren't a troll, but instead you truly are a grade A moron.

Dantonio was being a ***** whining about Meyer. The word "*****" is debatable, but the impetus behind using it isn't; he cried like a baby when Meyer flipped Pittman back to OSU.

A commitment isn't a commitment until the player signs on the dotted line. You are debating the difference between "lean" and "verbal commitment". OSU lean vs MSU verbal commitment. In Pittman's own words, he was going to OSU until the Tressel crap hit the fan. To me, that's a commitment.

Regardless, if you had the capability of reading the posts I've made, they include FACTS about Dantonio pursuing kids verbally committed to other schools. Kyle Dodson being one of them. In January. You rationalized away another player, because it was in retaliation to Meyer flipping Pittman. Also, Mr. Jones.

However you want to rationalize it, go ahead. It's bad when Meyer does it, it's good when Dantonio does it.

I should take bear's advice and ignore you, but it's kinda fun to taunt the slow kid on the internet.

Even if no one wins.
What are the odds that Sparty comes back and says that is a portrait of me?[/QUOTE]

mqtirishfan
02-21-2012, 10:20 AM
Even if no one wins.

Woah, now. There is a clear winner here, and that's anyone who isn't an MSU fan.

Spartan4224
02-21-2012, 10:47 AM
Michigan's last Big Ten title was 2004. Sorry not 10 years ago but 8 years ago.

Big Ten Records the last 5 years:
1. MSU 24-8
2. OSU 24-8 (not taking away their forfeited games)
3. PSU 23-9
4. WIS 22-10
5. IOWA 19-13
6. MICH 12-20 (false relevance based on the media)

A Preseason #2 ranking is only important to the media. The final poll is what matters. Look at how many times Michigan was ranked in the top 20 under Dick Rod and look where they finished. It's kind of like recruiting rankings. It makes hard core fans happy and gives the media something to write about but doesn't guarentee your team is going to be good.

My only point was that the media gives Michigan credit that isn't earned, espeically in the Detroit media and they don't deserve respect for being good a decade ago. Sorry 8 years ago.

And yes I may have a little chip on my shoulder when it comes to SCum.

Sparty,

mriforgot
02-21-2012, 10:51 AM
Woah, now. There is a clear winner here, and that's anyone who isn't an MSU fan.

http://okayface.com/okay-face.jpg

iowatreat54
02-21-2012, 11:44 AM
Michigan's last Big Ten title was 2004. Sorry not 10 years ago but 8 years ago.

Big Ten Records the last 5 years:
1. MSU 24-8
2. OSU 24-8 (not taking away their forfeited games)
3. PSU 23-9
4. WIS 22-10
5. IOWA 19-13
6. MICH 12-20 (false relevance based on the media)

A Preseason #2 ranking is only important to the media. The final poll is what matters. Look at how many times Michigan was ranked in the top 20 under Dick Rod and look where they finished. It's kind of like recruiting rankings. It makes hard core fans happy and gives the media something to write about but doesn't guarentee your team is going to be good.

My only point was that the media gives Michigan credit that isn't earned, espeically in the Detroit media and they don't deserve respect for being good a decade ago. Sorry 8 years ago.

And yes I may have a little chip on my shoulder when it comes to SCum.

First, and again, my point was that during the 2006-2007 season, Michigan was at one point the #2 team in the country and played OSU for the defacto Big Ten Championship, and finished the season ranked in the top 10. I'm sorry, but that is relevancy, and it was 6 years ago.

Second, here are the wins for the top 3 teams in the Big Ten (conference games only) for the past five years:

Ohio State
2011 - 3
2010 - 7
2009 - 7
2008 - 7
2007 - 7
Total - 31

Michigan State
2011 - 7
2010 - 7
2009 - 4
2008 - 6
2007 - 3
Total - 27

Penn State
2011 - 6
2010 - 4
2009 - 6
2008 - 7
2007 - 4
Total - 27

The records you are using are for the last four seasons. If you want to say MSU has the most wins in the last 4 seasons, then you are right. But you made the argument for the last 5 seasons, and then used incorrect data. You may also want to note that the records you chose total 32 games per team, which if it was 5 years, would mean each team played 6.4 conference games a season. That would be your first clue that your stats are off.

But back to, Michigan has been very relevant in the last decade minus the RichRod years. You can even throw in this past season if you want, but I wouldn't considering they finished the season ranked about even with MSU and Wisconsin for top ranked team in the Big Ten and they won a BCS game.

I have no problem with you ragging on Michigan, or even Iowa for that matter. But at least bring correct stats and make the correct arguments. To say Michigan hasn't been relevant in a decade is blatantly false as they were a top 10 team 6 years ago and a top 3 Big Ten team this past season. Irrelevant in the past 5 years? Sure. Irrelevant in the past decade where 6, maybe 7, of the seasons they were a top 3 team in the conference and won 2 conference titles? Hardly.

iowatreat54
02-21-2012, 11:52 AM
again, I think the 24 General Studies majors for Michigan compared to their 2 Engineering, 1 Biology, and 0 Business majors is the point of the sign. Ohio State's major selections is about average. The point is to show recruits these numbers b/c Michigan uses academics as a major selling point in recruiting....and the image is funny b/c the it shows a bit of the heated rivalry at work.

And again, what's the difference between Michigan's 24 General Studies majors and OSU's 24 Communications and Family Resource Management majors? Sure, communication might be a little bit more difficult, but not much. So you're saying that because OSU has 8 engineering and 8 business majors, compared to Michigan's 2 and 0, that means OSU players are smarter/Michigan allows their players to take joke courses?

Does the business category include pre-business for either OSU or Michigan? Because at Iowa before you are admitted to the business school you are a pre-business major, and then once you are admitted you are an accounting, econ, etc. major.

The total number of majors listed are 59 for OSU and 49 for Michigan. That is right around half the kids on scholarship for football. So out of the other 50-60 kids on scholarship, you're telling me that they all have one off majors? Because that's the only way they would make this apparent list of ranking the top majors between the schools. Or are they undecided/open majors?

The whole point is that for the rivalry, this type of thing is great and gets the two sides going. But people need to stop trying to defend this as some sort of accurate listing of majors, or using it as evidence that one school is better/smarter/tougher for football players than the other. I highly doubt that the 5th most popular major for the Michigan football team is engineering with 2 players. If OSU shows these type of "stats" to recruits, then they are probably flat out lying to the kids, or at least misleading them greatly.

keylime_5
02-21-2012, 12:01 PM
people need to stop trying to defend this as some sort of accurate listing of majors, or using it as evidence that one school is better/smarter/tougher for football players than the other. I highly doubt that the 5th most popular major for the Michigan football team is engineering with 2 players. If OSU shows these type of "stats" to recruits, then they are probably flat out lying to the kids, or at least misleading them greatly.

i never said it was any of those things. it's just funny to point out how easy of a load michigan's football team is taking in the classroom. they are notorious for doing that with their football team. even jim harbaugh says so.

If OSU shows these type of "stats" to recruits, then they are probably flat out lying to the kids, or at least misleading them greatly.

yeah, welcome to big time college football recruiting.

iowatreat54
02-21-2012, 12:15 PM
i never said it was any of those things. it's just funny to point out how easy of a load michigan's football team is taking in the classroom. they are notorious for doing that with their football team. even jim harbaugh says so.

yeah, welcome to big time college football recruiting.

Ah, ok well as long as we got that all settled. :)

Also, if I had time to look up Iowa's players, it would probably be hilarious. I had classes with some of the guys, and out of maybe 10-15 over 4 years, maybe 2 were serious students. But then again I only was with them in Gen Ed classes, where no one cares anyway.

My favorite major at Iowa was Interdepartmental Studies. Basically it's all the people who spent 2 years as pre-business majors, didn't get into the business school, so now they are screwed and need a degree without having to go to school for 4 more years.

keylime_5
02-21-2012, 12:24 PM
my favorite is African American Studies. Seems like every other football player in the SEC has this major. What the heck do you do with that degree?

mriforgot
02-21-2012, 12:39 PM
my favorite is African American Studies. Seems like every other football player in the SEC has this major. What the heck do you do with that degree?

To play devil's advocate (depending on how the courses are structured, etc.), there are many legit historical and sociological reasons to study this. Most serious students who study this sort of thing go to grad school. I'm guessing all the football players don't though.

keylime_5
02-21-2012, 12:47 PM
it's kinda like being a history or philosophy major to me...unless you are going to law school or going to become a professor it seems like a useless undergrad degree. every time I see a football player with that major i laugh: "why doesn't it just say NFL prep as their major?"

ryno626
02-21-2012, 01:16 PM

I think it's great that The Game is starting to become relevant again, thank you Brady Hoke! I don't really contribute all that much around here but I do love the good natured ribbing that goes on between the intelligent fans on the board. That was my two cents. Go Blue!

http://cdn2.cagepotato.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/the-new-face-of-michigan-football-brady-hoke-9427-1294803894-55.jpg

FootballGod
02-21-2012, 01:51 PM
I think it's great that The Game is starting to become relevant again, thank you Brady Hoke! I don't really contribute all that much around here but I do love the good natured ribbing that goes on between the intelligent fans on the board. That was my two cents. Go Blue!

http://cdn2.cagepotato.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/the-new-face-of-michigan-football-brady-hoke-9427-1294803894-55.jpg

This game is about to become irrelevant once again because of Urban Meyer. GO BUCKS!!!

Marino13
02-21-2012, 02:39 PM
First of all I'm a Communication Major. Not the hardest in the world, but it's hat I want to do. I've learnt a good amount in the major and have had fun doing it. But I'm also going for broadcasting and Journalism and at my school that's thrown in with Communication Studies and Philosophy due to budget cuts.

Second, I saw someone ask about Brady Hoke and players. He has made it clear that he won't even accept a recruit who is even questionable to qualify. Aaron Burbridge was reportedly to commit to Michigan with his teammates Devin Funchess and Mario Ojemudia but he was turned away because he's a questionable qualifier. Thomas Rawls in the 2011 class and Dennis Norfleet in the 2012 class were both not taken until very late in the process (and I'm not really sure, but I don't think they were even offered until late in the process) because of grades. Anthony Standifer had his scholarship pulled because his grades were questionable. So grades are a big thing with Brady.

As much respect as I have for Urban Meyer, if Brady Hoke and company can continue to recruit like they have since coming to Michigan, the game will still matter. People remember how Urban hit the ground running at OSU taking advantage of the PSU issues (not an excuse, he would have still made a great class) but Brady filled up our 2012 class pretty early in the process, and the 2013 class is looking really good as well.

As for the sign in OSU, eh it's a way to look Michigan look bad and I'm sure Michigan has something similar. As mentioned, a lot of majors at Michigan you have to apply to be accepted into those schools (business, engineering, ect) so it's not all by choice.

I will say that Rich Rod didn't really do a good job with the questionable recruits. The old AD Martin didn't really step in too much, but during Rod's last recruiting class, Admissions did tell him that a few of the guys he wanted probably would never step foot in Ann Arbor because they had no chance of being accepted. Only Jake Ryan was able to qualify (the big name not to was DeMarr Dorsey)

iowatreat54
04-15-2012, 06:28 PM
Behold, the new choices for the Iowa-Iowa State "Cy-Hawk" rivalry:

http://thegazette.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/new_cy_hawk_trophy_choices.jpg

For reference, here was the first one they created prior to last year that has been scrapped after being ridiculed nationwide:

http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/globegazette.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/9/d8/9d898422-cdc8-11e0-9d05-001cc4c03286/4e54110a23f48.image.jpg

I really should have gone into marketing or whatever career you get a job designing stuff like this because apparently it doesn't matter how ****** of a job you do. What a great job to have.

philiprambo
04-17-2012, 01:07 AM
That's great.Best of luck for your match.Perform well and make us proud.

keylime_5
04-17-2012, 09:25 AM
First of all I'm a Communication Major. Not the hardest in the world, but it's hat I want to do. I've learnt a good amount in the major and have had fun doing it. But I'm also going for broadcasting and Journalism and at my school that's thrown in with Communication Studies and Philosophy due to budget cuts.

Second, I saw someone ask about Brady Hoke and players. He has made it clear that he won't even accept a recruit who is even questionable to qualify. Aaron Burbridge was reportedly to commit to Michigan with his teammates Devin Funchess and Mario Ojemudia but he was turned away because he's a questionable qualifier. Thomas Rawls in the 2011 class and Dennis Norfleet in the 2012 class were both not taken until very late in the process (and I'm not really sure, but I don't think they were even offered until late in the process) because of grades. Anthony Standifer had his scholarship pulled because his grades were questionable. So grades are a big thing with Brady.

As much respect as I have for Urban Meyer, if Brady Hoke and company can continue to recruit like they have since coming to Michigan, the game will still matter. People remember how Urban hit the ground running at OSU taking advantage of the PSU issues (not an excuse, he would have still made a great class) but Brady filled up our 2012 class pretty early in the process, and the 2013 class is looking really good as well.

As for the sign in OSU, eh it's a way to look Michigan look bad and I'm sure Michigan has something similar. As mentioned, a lot of majors at Michigan you have to apply to be accepted into those schools (business, engineering, ect) so it's not all by choice.

I will say that Rich Rod didn't really do a good job with the questionable recruits. The old AD Martin didn't really step in too much, but during Rod's last recruiting class, Admissions did tell him that a few of the guys he wanted probably would never step foot in Ann Arbor because they had no chance of being accepted. Only Jake Ryan was able to qualify (the big name not to was DeMarr Dorsey)

yes, the rivalry is definitely getting as heated as ever once again. Hoke/Meyer might field the most talented OSU/UM teams during this next decade that we've seen in decades with the way those two can recruit. Hoke is recruiting better than any Michigan coach since the '90s right now. We all know about how well Urban has recruited and will continue to recruit for Ohio State. Both great proven gameday coaches as well with two amazing coaching staffs. Exciting future for Big Ten football.

bearsfan_51
04-17-2012, 10:23 AM
Behold, the new choices for the Iowa-Iowa State "Cy-Hawk" rivalry:

http://thegazette.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/new_cy_hawk_trophy_choices.jpg

For reference, here was the first one they created prior to last year that has been scrapped after being ridiculed nationwide:

http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/globegazette.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/9/d8/9d898422-cdc8-11e0-9d05-001cc4c03286/4e54110a23f48.image.jpg

I really should have gone into marketing or whatever career you get a job designing stuff like this because apparently it doesn't matter how ****** of a job you do. What a great job to have.
The second one looks like a corn *****.

iowatreat54
04-17-2012, 11:38 AM
The second one looks like a corn *****.

Funny you should mention that, because a lot of people are voting for #2 because it looks like a football fornicating with a corn stalk.

It's whatever though, because in 5 years the sponsor will change from Iowa Corn Growers Association to some other company, and they will just redesign the trophy again. You know how most people feel like trophies should have history and not be forced? Ya, not in Iowa.

Buckeyes
04-19-2012, 10:22 AM
yes, the rivalry is definitely getting as heated as ever once again. Hoke/Meyer might field the most talented OSU/UM teams during this next decade that we've seen in decades with the way those two can recruit. Hoke is recruiting better than any Michigan coach since the '90s right now. We all know about how well Urban has recruited and will continue to recruit for Ohio State. Both great proven gameday coaches as well with two amazing coaching staffs. Exciting future for Big Ten football.

During the Big Ten football teleconference last week Brady Hoke was the first coach to speak on the agenda. He couldn't stop talking about the Ohio State-Michigan rivalry, especially regarding the hiring of Urban Meyer. I agree, it is really heating up again. Sometimes I wonder how much those teleconferences are used to push a message for PR purposes though, he was probably looking for a story out of it.

Meyer recently told Joe Schad that they are playing each game this season, "as a bowl game." I can't wait for the third week of November. This season is about to be interesting.

iowatreat54
04-20-2012, 07:11 PM
So, we're wearing these vs. Iowa St. this year:

http://c0014274.r32.cf1.rackcdn.com/x2_c177318

I kinda really want these to be our regular uniforms now. They are pretty sweet.

bearsfan_51
04-22-2012, 06:35 PM
Minnesota is set to hire Norwood Teague as their new AD. He was previously at VCU and will ooooobviously be bringing Shaka Smart with him.

http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site569/2012/0422/20120422__4-22%20Norwood%20teague_200.jpg

Hopefully he knows that there is always money in the banana stand.

yo123
04-22-2012, 09:16 PM
First of all Norwood Teague is an awesome name, you don't have a name like that without being someone important. Also, don't you think it's kind of strange that we hired a guy from a school with no football program?

JoeJoeBrown
04-22-2012, 09:23 PM
First of all Norwood Teague is an awesome name, you don't have a name like that without being someone important. Also, don't you think it's kind of strange that we hired a guy from a school with no football program?

Not really, he was just hired by a school with no football program.:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

bearsfan_51
04-22-2012, 09:34 PM
That joke has already been done, but I did chuckle the first time.

Teague has experience as an assistant AD and recently turned down the North Carolina and Miami jobs. It's a great hire.

JoeJoeBrown
04-22-2012, 10:08 PM
That joke has already been done, but I did chuckle the first time.

Teague has experience as an assistant AD and recently turned down the North Carolina and Miami jobs. It's a great hire.

But I'm willing to bet that it didn't have several dozen happy dancing bananas!

THAT IS COMEDY GOLD! GOLD JERRY, GOLD!

Complex
05-16-2012, 04:39 PM
The Big Ten <3's the Rose Bowl

Of all the love stories ever told, there may be none purer than the Big Ten's undying devotion, commitment and pure heart-throbbing lust to the Rose Bowl.
True love always. Best friends forever. A Romeo and Juliet for the modern ages, complete with suicidal second-guessing because a rose by any other name apparently wouldn't smell as sweet.

Big Ten players and fans can forget seeing a playoff game in their stadium, or even in the Midwest (Getty Imag …
It's wrong to criticize someone for who they choose to love.
Instead, just marvel at the depth of the relationship. The Big Ten has abandoned its smart, savvy push for a playoff that featured on-campus semifinal sites and a title game open to bid by cities across the country, including the Midwest, because it just couldn't bear the thought of cheating on a bowl game.
There are still details to be hashed out on how college football is going to stage its postseason. There are still plenty of sober voices out there who think outsourcing hundreds of millions in postseason games is at best illogical and at worst corrupt. Many more think playoff games on campus would be glorious.
But forget it.
If the Big Ten, which has the most to gain on the issue yet is trying to lose, then campus playoff games aren't happening. In an effort to help the Rose Bowl, the conference is willing for a playoff to also be staged in Miami Gardens and Glendale, and so on, rather than Columbus and Ann Arbor.
A playoff will be great no matter where the games are played. It'd just be better on campus. But the bowl lobby has won, and a select few of them are about to become even more fabulously wealthy off the labors of student-athletes. Leave it to the inevitable congressional investigation to sort out how the no-bid deals were reached.
At this point, it's still a romance novel because the Big Ten really, really loves the Rose Bowl … no, I love you more … text me when you wake up … no, you hang up first.
"For us it's critical to keep the Rose Bowl in the equation," Michigan State athletic director Mark Hollis told reporters Tuesday after Big Ten meetings hashed out the conference's likely preferred plan.
How critical? Well, so critical that they're willing to make business decisions based on emotion, willing to give up on competitive advantages, logistical ease and monetary benefits.
Possible home-field advantage for Big Ten teams? We love the Rose Bowl.
Making the elements, which Big Ten teams are presumably better equipped to handle, a factor in the playoffs? We love the Rose Bowl.
Showcasing the incredible game-day environment of Camp Randall, Happy Valley or the Big House? We love the Rose Bowl.

Mark Hollis and his fellow ADs remain steadfast in their support for a broken bowl system. (AP)
Not requiring fans, students and players' families to continue to make lengthy postseason trips? We love the Rose Bowl.
Creating economic impact in the league's hometowns? We love the Rose Bowl.
Not taking discretionary spending out of the region and into California or Florida? We love the Rose Bowl.
Not playing games in opponents' home regions, states, cities or even stadiums? We love the Rose Bowl.
If you hate campus so much, how about compromising and staging neutral-site semifinal games in Indianapolis or Detroit, where the money would be so welcome? Sorry, we love the Rose Bowl.
Other than loving the Rose Bowl there isn't a single reason for the Big Ten to support this plan. Of course, what they love is what the Rose Bowl was (Big Ten champ vs. Pac-10 champ), which is not what it is or certainly will be. This is a playoff blueprint in sepia tones.
It's lunacy. But then again, love's crazy, right?
Somewhere Mike Slive of the SEC and Larry Scott of the Pac-12 are kicking back with a cackle of delight. These guys are angling for every possible edge while the Big Ten and the Rose Bowl sit in adjacent bathtubs, holding hands and waiting for the moment to be right.
Wait, the rest of college football has to be asking, you're not even going to fight and try to make us look like wimps for arguing against football in the cold?
Wait, you seriously are going to ask the same fan base to travel three times in a month – Big Ten title game, semifinals and championship game, the last two at least via airplane? And you think we won't end up with the majority of the crowd?
[Related: Big Ten commissioner Jim Delany doesn't think much of Alabama]
The Rose Bowl's power over the Big Ten is something to behold. It makes normally intelligent men say ridiculous things.
"It would be a competitive advantage to have semifinal games at home fields … but the bowls have been good to us," Nebraska AD Tom Osborne said.
If rampant profiteering, indictments charging corruption and millions in unnecessary expenses passed onto the schools counts as "been good to us" than the Big Ten may be the battered spouse here. Even so, exactly how good would a bowl have to have been to be better than a Nebraska playoff game in Memorial Stadium?
"If you took them out of the playoff, it would pretty much destroy the bowl system," Osborne said.
Ah, no, it wouldn't pretty much destroy the bowl system. In fact, it wouldn't destroy it at all.
But, hey, love is blind. So blind apparently that no one can be bothered to actually look at the financial statements and business models of how bowl games operate and realize that line is complete garbage.
"From kids' perspective, the bowl experience is the one thing they want to keep," Hollis argued.

The Big Ten is so committed to the Rose Bowl it ceded playoff venues to the SEC and Pac-12. (Getty Images)
Yes, the vaunted bowl experience must be protected for the players. It's cool. Bowls are fun. Except in the same meeting the Big Ten proposed moving bowl eligibility from 6-6 to 7-5, which means maybe half a dozen smaller bowls will, indeed, be destroyed and the experience of those players apparently isn't worth protecting.
If only those games were as loveable as the Rose Bowl.
[Wetzel podcast: Hammering out the playoff details]
The athletic directors talk about trying to maintain or improve the meaning of the regular season, but then they want to take out the incentive of home-field advantage so it really doesn't matter whether you finish first or fourth.
And do players really value the chance to engage in some pie-eating contest more than potentially getting any edge on winning the biggest game of their life, getting one more chance to run on the field of their own stadium or, even playing on the road in one of the nation's other spectacular campuses? Playing at Bryant-Denny, even as the road team, is also a pretty sweet experience.
And what about the chance for the Big Ten to finally stop playing games in SEC/Pac 12 country, maybe see if one of those sunshine programs can handle a few flakes of Midwest snow? Yes, it sure sounds good, but did they mention they love the Rose Bowl?
"There's a part of me that wants to play a team from the Southwest or the Southeast in five-degree weather," Ohio State's Gene Smith told the Sporting News. "But is it really right for the game?"
The NFL thinks all weather is football weather and adheres to the crazy idea of playing games in places like Lambeau and Solider Fields.
If only they had something like a Rose Bowl to love. Then Roger Goodell would immediately get smart and try to move the NFC title game to the Alamodome or something.
There's no question Big Ten fans love the Rose Bowl, although not as much as they once did. They also like to win, also would like to shut the SEC up and also really like showing off their legendary stadiums and great cities, fighting against the idea that they live in some inhospitable, rusted-out region.
Plenty of them could use the economic impact of staging these massive events in the Midwest too. But you can't put a price on love.
And all these years later, that old Rose Bowl sure can cause the Big Ten's heart to flutter. Kind of like Juliet once did.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaaf--big-ten-surrenders-fight-for-on-campus-playoff-games-for-wrong-reasons.html;_ylt=AkpaBKdOqbjDZkEQsJiNzvA5nYcB

BuckeyeDan17
05-24-2012, 07:31 AM
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/7966726/ohio-state-buckeyes-ad-gene-smith-says-more-ncaa-violations-pending

Gene Smith: More penalties impending

Check out the link for details

You. Have. Got. To. Be. *******. Kidding me.

Shane P. Hallam
05-24-2012, 07:34 AM
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/7966726/ohio-state-buckeyes-ad-gene-smith-says-more-ncaa-violations-pending

Gene Smith: More penalties impending

Check out the link for details

You. Have. Got. To. Be. *******. Kidding me.

May not be football related. I know there have been some issues with other sports

JoeJoeBrown
05-24-2012, 08:17 AM
May not be football related. I know there have been some issues with other sports

Yeah, it's more that smith is tone deaf. Hes a terrible ad.

BuckeyeDan17
05-24-2012, 08:35 AM

Yeah, it just sucks we have no idea what these penalties are pertinent to. It's bad for the university as a whole to have a correlation with this negativity - not just the football program, ya know?

Matthew Jones
05-24-2012, 10:45 AM
Don't worry, Urban Meyer is here to save the day!

http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/story/2012-04-09/urban-meyer-florida-ohio-state-ncaa-violation-recruiting-drugs-program-will-musc

“Over the last two years he was there,” one former player said, “the players had taken complete control of the team.”

Now those issues have surfaced for all to see. Left in the wake of Meyer’s resignation were problems that can destroy a coaching career: drug use among players, a philosophy of preferential treatment for certain players, a sense of entitlement among all players and roster management by scholarship manipulation.

Ironically, Florida’s downfall began at the height of Meyer’s success—the 2008 national championship season. Three seasons of enabling and pandering to elite players—what Meyer’s players called his “Circle of Trust”—began to tear away at what he’d put together.

“I’ve never heard of Circle of Trust before in my life,” Meyer said.

Former players, though, contend it was the foundation of Florida’s culture under Meyer. In the season opener against Hawaii, Meyer said a few elite players (including wideout Percy Harvin, linebacker Brandon Spikes and tight end Aaron Hernandez) would miss the game with injuries. According to multiple sources, the three players—all critical factors in Florida’s rise under Meyer—failed drug tests for marijuana and were sitting out as part of standard university punishment.

By publicly stating the three were injured and not being disciplined, former players say, Meyer was creating a divide between the haves and have-nots on the team.

During offseason conditioning before the 2007 season, the team was running stadium steps and at one point, Harvin, according to sources, sat down and refused to run. When confronted by strength and conditioning coaches, Harvin—who failed to return calls and texts to his cell phone to comment on this story—said, “This (expletive) ends now.”

“The next day,” a former player said, “we were playing basketball as conditioning.”

It only got worse as Harvin’s career progressed. At one point during the 2008 season, multiple sources confirmed that Harvin, now a prominent member of the Minnesota Vikings, physically attacked wide receivers coach Billy Gonzales, grabbing him by the neck and throwing him to the ground. Harvin had to be pulled off Gonzales by two assistant coaches—but was never disciplined.

When he was dismissed from the team by Muschamp, Jenkins told the Orlando Sentinel: “If (Meyer) was still the coach at Florida, I’d still be there.”

This is the same Jenkins who, according to sources, walked out on Meyer’s postgame speech after the 2008 season opener and threatened to quit. Meyer not only brought Jenkins back without punishment, Jenkins eventually developed into a freshman All-American and played a big role in the team’s championship run.

During the heat of recruiting season, another dust-up arose in Columbus. It was the “gentlemen’s agreement”—a loosely held ideal among Big Ten coaches about backing off verbally committed high school players—that got Meyer into a dicey moment.

Meyer and his staff got eight players to back off verbal commitments and sign with the Buckeyes, and a few Big Ten coaches—including Bielema and Michigan State coach Mark Dantonio—spoke about the understanding among league coaches at press conferences.

The 6-6 regular season record was Florida’s worst since 1987. The “broken” program—Meyer’s words—had hit rock bottom.

“To put it all on a sense of entitlement or a few other things that happened, I disagree,” Meyer said. “It comes down to players.”

Good thing Meyer runs one hell of an offense!

JoeJoeBrown
05-24-2012, 12:34 PM
Don't worry, Urban Meyer is here to save the day!

http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/story/2012-04-09/urban-meyer-florida-ohio-state-ncaa-violation-recruiting-drugs-program-will-musc

What kind of lame ass, late to the party, weak sauce troll is this? I thought you had a brain. So disappointed in you.

And, BTW, here are the "violations". The NCAA is ridiculous. And Gene Smith sucks at his job. He must have way too much dirt that hasn't seen the light of day for the school to fire him.

Additional Information Regarding Ohio State

To clarify information and to be transparent with regard to information reported this morning about Ohio State athletics, no Ohio State athletics program is facing any major NCAA issues.

There are 12 secondary NCAA issues being processed by the athletics compliance office. These are similar to those released last week. All are secondary in nature and consistent with the department’s culture of self-reporting all issues.

Football – The compliance office approved the use of mini basketballs during a football winter conditioning workout.

Men’s Gymnastics – The practice activities of a gymnastics alum were publicized.

Institutional – Two baseball prospective student-athletes arrived on campus for official visits before being placed on the request list.

Institutional – Athletics financial aid agreements were issued to three prospective student-athletes without being signed by the financial aid director.

Football – A former assistant football coach had an inadvertent contact or “bump” with a prospective student-athlete.

Field Hockey – A former assistant coach sent an email to a prospective student-athlete believing that she was a 2013 high school graduate.

Men’s Tennis – A high school football coach and friend of the tennis program’s head coach stopped by the tennis training facility unannounced with an assistant coach and four prospective student-athletes during a dead period.

Baseball – A prospective student-athlete in grade 12 registered and showed up for an Ohio State camp for participants in grades 9-11 even though he was told he was not eligible to compete at the camp. A t-shirt was given to the individual to defuse the situation when he got upset that he couldn’t compete.

Baseball – A prospective student-athlete received a complimentary admission to a home baseball game during a dead period.

Women’s Hockey – A former assistant coach inadvertently sent an email to a 2014 prospective student-athlete when the prospect was mistakenly entered into the recruiting data base by the previous coaching staff as a 2013 graduate.

Football – The program understood the aunt of a prospective student-athlete was his legal guardian and provided food and lodging expenses to her for the official visit.

Football – An assistant coach inadvertently posted on the Facebook wall of a 2013 prospective student-athlete, believing at the time he was using the email inbox function of Facebook.

In an effort to administer an athletics program consistent with the values of the NCAA and the university, we have consistently led the Big Ten Conference in self-reports as we have the largest number of sports and student-athletes. Ohio State has 36 varsity sports, while the average number of sports offered by the remaining 11 Big Ten institutions is 22. In addition, athletics staff and coaches at Ohio State have embraced the culture of identifying (as required under NCAA rules) even the smallest violation, investigating the matter and educating those involved.

Comment from Big Ten Conference Associate Commissioner, Compliance, Chad Hawley to Ohio State’s compliance office: “We are not concerned about the quantity of violations. Division I athletics is a highly regulated environment with a self-reporting requirement. When it is clear that a violation has occurred, we expect our institutions to report the violation. Ohio State has a well-established practice of operating in this way.”

iowatreat54
05-24-2012, 01:45 PM
Really, all the new stuff is just minor stupid ****. On it's own, it would be "Oh, whoops, didn't realize we did this or was against the rules."

However, in light of the last year plus of violations and how OSU "handled" them, another list of violations is significant. On one hand, it's great that they are reporting these, but on the other, you have to ask at what point is this all considered lack of institutional control and the whole AD at OSU penalized or just cleaned out? With everything that's happened to the football program, how as an athletic director do you not make sure each and every one of your programs is spotless at least for the next year?

JoeJoeBrown
05-24-2012, 01:47 PM
Really, all the new stuff is just minor stupid ****. On it's own, it would be "Oh, whoops, didn't realize we did this or was against the rules."

However, in light of the last year plus of violations and how OSU "handled" them, another list of violations is significant. On one hand, it's great that they are reporting these, but on the other, you have to ask at what point is this all considered lack of institutional control and the whole AD at OSU penalized or just cleaned out? With everything that's happened to the football program, how as an athletic director do you not make sure each and every one of your programs is spotless at least for the next year?

HOW IN THE **** CAN YOU MONITOR THOSE "VIOLATIONS"? It's ********.
Your argument is ********.

iowatreat54
05-24-2012, 02:18 PM
HOW IN THE **** CAN YOU MONITOR THOSE "VIOLATIONS"? It's ********.
Your argument is ********.

Tell every single coach, assistant coach, and any one gainfully employed by your department to
A. not give out free **** like a lunch and boarding to a family member of a recruit,
B. be 100% sure that when you are going to an event or contacting someone, that it is 100% legal and that the person you are contacting is not someone you shouldn't
C. learn how to use Facebook and email without being a barely functioning ******.
D. And finally, make sure all employees know the ******* rules of their sport. How the **** do you not know when recruiting dead periods are? Seriously? That coach should be fired for being a complete moron.

Seriously, if you are OSU's AD, after all the crap you have been through, tell your coaches that even the slightest dumbass choice or lack of paying attention on their part will result in a suspension or firing. It's not rocket science. It's obvious that OSU's athletic department isn't taking things seriously still. Are these issues that happen everywhere? Yes, I'm sure. But when you are in OSU's position, you do everything you can to make sure your ass is water tight and all this dumbshit is kept to a minimum. 46 violations? That's ridiculous for an AD that should be doing everything above and beyond what most schools' ADs are doing.

I'm not faulting OSU as a whole for these violations, because they happen. But Smith is obviously completely inept either because he is oblivious or because he just doesn't care. I'm not sure which is worse.

iowatreat54
05-24-2012, 02:24 PM
Seriously, you don't expect your AD to make sure recruits making official visits are on the list of official visitors? Or to make sure when handing out financial aid that all the required approvals have been received?

That's just the stuff on that list in the post above, and that's basic stuff that anyone without a brain knows you need to abide by. If your coaches can't follow rules as simple as that, fire them.

bearsfan_51
05-24-2012, 02:27 PM
Yeah, a lot of these rules are whatever, but it's pretty pathetic that an organization with as much money and bureaucracy as OSU can't figure out and follow really simple rules.

JoeJoeBrown
05-24-2012, 03:28 PM
Yeah, a lot of these rules are whatever, but it's pretty pathetic that an organization with as much money and bureaucracy as OSU can't figure out and follow really simple rules.

There are thousands of rules in the NCAA guidebook. Not every coach and every employee and every assistant and every player and every teacher and every tutor and every volunteer and every parent and every friend is going to know all of the thousands of rules the NCAA has out there.

On top of that, lots of those rules are vague and open for interpretation.

So please, just stop with the idiocy.

bearsfan_51
05-24-2012, 03:28 PM
There are thousands of rules in the NCAA guidebook. Not every coach and every employee and every assistant and every player and every teacher and every tutor and every volunteer and every parent and every friend is going to know all of the thousands of rules the NCAA has out there.

On top of that, lots of those rules are vague and open for interpretation.

So please, just stop with the idiocy.

You seem a little mad.

JoeJoeBrown
05-24-2012, 04:41 PM
You seem a little mad.

Work is stressing me out. Apologies.

Shane P. Hallam
05-24-2012, 05:54 PM
These are nothing, for any school. If that is ALL the violations for OSU for last year, I'd imagine this is the cleanest the sheet has been in awhile. As mentioned in a previous article, a D1 program averages FORTY minor violations a year. We don't hear about them, they aren't made public. Every school has had "basic stuff that anyone without a brain knows you need to abide by" in their violations, most probably this year.

iowatreat54
05-24-2012, 06:17 PM
I still maintain that Gene Smith sucks at his job.

Shane P. Hallam
05-24-2012, 06:31 PM

I wouldn't disagree with you. It's funny, he would have been fired had it not been for the Tattoo scandal. He will be soon

JoeJoeBrown
05-24-2012, 08:11 PM

I completely agree. The guy blows. He has to have a bunch of dirt on the football and basketball programs.

Sorry for being a pissy ***** earlier.

Grizzlegom
06-01-2012, 11:33 AM
Matt McGloin officially named the starter for Penn State. The guy who punched him before the bowl game, Curtis Drake, has also been kicked off the team for undisclosed reasons. I had heard he was struggling with academics but its probably a continuation of the pre-game incident from the bowl.

http://www.altoonamirror.com/page/content.detail/id/561300/McGloin-named-Penn-State-starting-quarterback.html?nav=5017

Rob Bolden was listed as the third string and rumor has it he hasn't enrolled in summer classes so this may finally be the end of him in a Penn State uniform.

Hines
06-01-2012, 12:48 PM
I hope PJ wrecks **** this summer and takes the job from Mc6. Drake is getting kicked off due to academics IIRC.

JoeJoeBrown
06-01-2012, 02:24 PM
I hope PJ wrecks **** this summer and takes the job from Mc6. Drake is getting kicked off due to academics IIRC.

A blind turtle could do better than McG.

JoeJoeBrown
06-06-2012, 05:19 PM
Very interesting analysis on Delaney and Scott (http://www.elevenwarriors.com/2012/06/11655/b1ggie-pac)

An excerpt :

While the Big XII, Big East, ACC and SEC have meetings on top of meetings on top of meetings to determine their positions, strategize, sometime synergize and - in one case - continually measure its overinflated and oversigned football phallus - Delany expanded his conference’s reach into every single time zone with a phone call and almost no investment.

He called Scott and pitched the idea, who agreed to it. It made too much sense and it had much more to do with the next 50 years of college athletics than it did the next five years of college football.

When Delany wants something it gets done. When he doesn't want something, he talks out of all sides of his mouth about it. Listen to him talk about playoffs, for example.

B1G and PAC have embarked on growth through shared investment and expansion without added overhead or headcount that's virtually bulletproof to anything the other four power conferences put together in response.

So why do they still cling to the Rose Bowl? It’s college football’s most prized fixed asset. Delany calls it “one of the top ten single-day television properties in the world.” It’s the home to the first national broadcast of any college football game as well as the first one broadcast in color.

If anything, Delany knows television properties. That's an asset he'll protect on account of his singular mission for his employer, which has the largest alumni base in the world to go with the PAC's largest collection of national titles across all sports. It's a marketing match made on paper. <--- this is a pun that involves large currencies

Beyond the Rose Bowl, B1G and PAC will be developing new bowl games of their own involving matchups that will be carried on their own national networks. Fewer checks will be written to develop and produce these games because more of the money will be staying in-house. That's the beauty of this agreement.

ryno626
06-07-2012, 01:29 PM
Will Campbell facing felony charge (http://espn.go.com/colleges/michigan/football/story/_/id/7993949/michigan-wolverines-dt-william-campbell-arraigned-two-counts)

Drunk Dukes of Hazard hood slide is probably not the greatest idea when you're 6'5" 320+

Grizzlegom
06-23-2012, 07:26 AM
Devon Smith left the team. Awesome.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8086430/penn-state-nittany-lions-wr-devon-smith-departs-team-personal-reasons

mqtirishfan
06-23-2012, 02:56 PM
Will Campbell facing felony charge (http://espn.go.com/colleges/michigan/football/story/_/id/7993949/michigan-wolverines-dt-william-campbell-arraigned-two-counts)

Drunk Dukes of Hazard hood slide is probably not the greatest idea when you're 6'5" 320+

Very slightly off topic, but if someone ever got 5 years in prison for destruction of property, I'd sign a petition for his release.

BroKing
07-08-2012, 09:01 PM
Matt McGloin officially named the starter for Penn State.

Moxie's gonna ****** house fools, man. TDs for days. Not sure which team the TDs will be for, but TDs for days nonetheless.

hawkeye123
07-10-2012, 02:32 PM
this cracked me up

http://i.imgur.com/I6IEB.gif

bigmac076
07-23-2012, 08:18 AM
Penn State vacating wins of the past 14 seasons, does that hand wins to the opposing schools?

andyjo672
07-23-2012, 09:07 AM
Penn State vacating wins of the past 14 seasons, does that hand wins to the opposing schools?

I would assume that, just like every previous time the NCAA vacated wins, that there will simply be no 'winner' of any game vacated.

bigmac076
07-23-2012, 09:45 AM
I would assume that, just like every previous time the NCAA vacated wins, that there will simply be no 'winner' of any game vacated.

ok so not adding wins to the schools they faced, just subtracting wins from Penn State

Mufasa
07-23-2012, 11:09 PM
Leaders Division
Illinois
Indiana
Ohio State - Banned from Postseason play
Penn State -Banned from Postseason play
Purdue
Wisconsin

Congratulations to Wisconsin for making their second consecutive Big Ten Title Game.

ryno626
07-24-2012, 10:49 AM
Fitzgerald Toussaint suspended (http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8192320/fitzgerald-toussaint-michigan-wolverines-suspended-dui-arrest)

Well that sucks. When he got on a roll last season it took a lot of pressure off Shoelace and opened the offense up.

WCH
07-24-2012, 11:08 AM
Fitzgerald Toussaint suspended (http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8192320/fitzgerald-toussaint-michigan-wolverines-suspended-dui-arrest)

Well that sucks. When he got on a roll last season it took a lot of pressure off Shoelace and opened the offense up.

Hrinik said Saline police officers were working a high-visibility enforcement area in Ann Arbor Saturday evening when they witnessed Toussaint go through a red light at the intersection of Forest and Washtenaw.

:facepalm:

iowatreat54
07-24-2012, 11:14 AM
Leaders Division
Illinois
Indiana
Purdue
Wisconsin

Congratulations to Wisconsin for making their second consecutive Big Ten Title Game.

Was just talking about this, and Wisconsin has to have like a 1 to 2 odds to win right? I mean, if you put money on Wisconsin to win their division, you should lose money if they do it's so easy.

Also, didn't another Michigan player just get arrested for breaking in somewhere and stealing a laptop?

WCH
07-24-2012, 11:18 AM
Was just talking about this, and Wisconsin has to have like a 1 to 2 odds to win right? I mean, if you put money on Wisconsin to win their division, you should lose money if they do it's so easy.

Also, didn't another Michigan player just get arrested for breaking in somewhere and stealing a laptop?

Defensive End Frank Clark was arrested for stealing a MacBook Air from a dorm room. He's currently facing felony charges and has been suspended from the team. He was probably going to start this season.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/07/23/second-michigan-player-on-the-wrong-side-of-the-law/

iowatreat54
07-24-2012, 11:27 AM
Yes, my first thought was apparently the laptops the school gives them aren't good enough. Then I read it was a MacBook and realized since those things are so ridiculously overpriced, who wouldn't want to try and sell one for like 2K.

PackerLegend
07-24-2012, 03:39 PM
Leaders Division
Illinois
Indiana
Purdue
Wisconsin

Thank you. Thank you. It will be a tough road but Im glad you think we can do it...

Hines
07-24-2012, 03:49 PM
I think Purdue will be a sleeper.

JoeJoeBrown
07-24-2012, 04:50 PM
I think Purdue will be a sleeper.

As in, they will be asleep all season and wake up in December wondering what just happened.

bearsfan_51
07-24-2012, 08:33 PM
As in, they will be asleep all season and wake up in December wondering what just happened.
I'm sure they'll at least wake up for their annual beating of Ohio State. :)

JoeJoeBrown
07-24-2012, 08:40 PM
I'm sure they'll at least wake up for their annual beating of Ohio State. :)

It's really sad that you have to dog OSU using Purdue as a proxy.

:)

But seriously, that one is just baffling every year.

asdf1223
07-29-2012, 04:56 PM
Another Iowa running back got arrested (twice!).
http://www.blackheartgoldpants.com/2012/7/29/3200226/airbhg-wont-leave-deandre-johnson-alone

Its a curse worse than the Madden curse.

bearsfan_51
07-29-2012, 05:46 PM
I'm not sure it counts as a "curse" when most of the players are just loser thugs.

JoeJoeBrown
07-29-2012, 08:39 PM
I'm just absolutely shocked that Hoke doesn't know whether to suspend his two starters that were arrested. Just shocked. Michigan Men indeed.

StickSkills
07-29-2012, 10:10 PM

I think so, lol. My buddy works in the Athletic Dept at Purdue and was going on and on about how terrible their football team will be this coming year/

iowatreat54
07-30-2012, 08:16 AM
Another Iowa running back got arrested (twice!).
http://www.blackheartgoldpants.com/2012/7/29/3200226/airbhg-wont-leave-deandre-johnson-alone

Its a curse worse than the Madden curse.

I used to wonder, with the OL Iowa usually puts out, why more top RB prospects don't seriously consider us. I should have known AIRBHG has a national reputation...

Seriously though, you are looking at starting the season with the chance to take a bulk of the carries with little to no competition, and you do this. I understand the first issue, while still being an idiot, it was just a party. But less than a week later you try to run from the cops after speeding like an idiot. Great life decisions, my friend.

On the plus side, it looks like Akeel Lynch might transfer from PSU. Yay?

iowatreat54
08-02-2012, 08:56 PM
Guys, it's been a while, so I thought I'd post some entertainment. This in response to PSU's top WR Justin Brown reportedly transferring to either Oklahoma or Illinois...

Again I will repeat what I said Illinois is a better team than Oklahoma this year, and they have Scheelhaase at QB. I'd take Scheelhaase over Jones in the college game (And it would be a decision for the pro's if both were coming out at the same time).

Bert Macklin
08-06-2012, 02:40 PM
Wisky's alternate uniforms against Nebraska

http://www.lostlettermen.com/wp-content/uploads/wisconsin-2.jpg

http://www.lostlettermen.com/wp-content/uploads/wisconsin-1.jpg

The block "W" design is a tribute to Wisconsin's 1962 Big Ten championship team, which celebrates its 50th anniversary this fall

DHVF
08-06-2012, 03:02 PM
Those are absolutely hideous.

Smooth Criminal
08-06-2012, 03:27 PM
Wow those are bad. Someone thought those looked cool and got paid to design that?

PackerLegend
08-06-2012, 03:33 PM
umm WTF those jerseys suck....

we should have a picture of

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_75Xi1RTxG3k/SNvy7aToikI/AAAAAAAAAcI/ANN8CHxNa1w/s200/BuckyBadger.png

on front and back, holding a beer in 1 hand and a brat in the other. Along with a cheesehead on his head. Now that would be awesome.

Mufasa
08-06-2012, 04:22 PM
The Nebraska ones are just as bad. Well actually, maybe a little better, but still far from good.

http://www.cbssports.com/images/collegefootball/adidasNebraskaUnrivaledUniformfront.jpg

I get that the two teams have similar uniforms so they wanted to change it up when they play, but that was not the right solution.

JHL6719
08-06-2012, 04:33 PM
The Nebraska ones are just as bad. Well actually, maybe a little better, but still far from good.

http://www.cbssports.com/images/collegefootball/adidasNebraskaUnrivaledUniformfront.jpg

I get that the two teams have similar uniforms so they wanted to change it up when they play, but that was not the right solution.

I think I found the inspiration for Nebraska's unis....

http://bestofthe80s.wordpress.com/2012/06/22/the-noid/

keylime_5
08-06-2012, 04:53 PM
I like the Wisconsin ones. Very retro. Nebraska, ehhhh....i have a negative stigma in my mind when it comes to red on red uniforms thanks to the '70s blood red Cleveland Indians unis.

mqtirishfan
08-06-2012, 08:52 PM
Adidas sucks at trying to be Nike.

Smooth Criminal
08-07-2012, 06:10 AM
Both suck. Really bad actually.

Cigaro
08-07-2012, 10:41 AM
You can't really make that far back retro styles look anything close to modern. Stop trying.

Grizzlegom
08-07-2012, 02:07 PM
http://www.gopsusports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/080712aaa.html

Penn State is putting names on the back of their jerseys. :crying:

lacotomo
08-07-2012, 03:07 PM
I dare you to try and get into UofM's undergraduate business program. Maybe the fact that those programs up north require more than a pulse to get into has something to do with it.

Many undergrad degrees at Michigan require 2 years of general studies to get a high enough grade point to be accepted into the specific degree school. I am a UofM grad who took two years of general studies or 'Pre-Business' in order to get into the Business school and get a degree in Accounting.

Now I am not implying all of our fine student/athletes are in the same types of programs....I was born at night, just not last night. I think taking general class registrations for degrees to make a sign like that MIGHT be slightly misleading.... ;)

Bert Macklin
08-08-2012, 12:30 AM
http://www.gopsusports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/080712aaa.html

Penn State is putting names on the back of their jerseys. :crying:

They're getting as far away from Joe Pa as possible.

JoeJoeBrown
08-17-2012, 08:45 AM
Sounds like terrible news up at UM... Ambulance called to Schembechler Hall for a spinal injury. Really hoping that this is just a precautionary thing.

Football is such a dumb sport.

P-L
08-17-2012, 09:09 AM
Sounds like terrible news up at UM... Ambulance called to Schembechler Hall for a spinal injury. Really hoping that this is just a precautionary thing.

Football is such a dumb sport.
Freshman DL Ondre Pipkens. Currently he has movement in all of his extremities and was taken to the hospital for precautionary reasons.

JoeJoeBrown
08-17-2012, 09:12 AM
Freshman DL Ondre Pipkens. Currently he has movement in all of his extremities and was taken to the hospital for precautionary reasons.

That is fantastic news. I always get sick hearing or seeing these kinds of things.

P-L
08-17-2012, 09:43 AM
Yeah, it's great news.

Yesterday, Michigan lost freshman DE Chris Wormley for the season due to a torn ACL.

JoeJoeBrown
08-17-2012, 10:01 AM
Yeah, it's great news.

Yesterday, Michigan lost freshman DE Chris Wormley for the season due to a torn ACL.

Yeah, that is bad news. Kid will be a beast, and seems like great kid overall.

BuckeyeDan17
08-17-2012, 12:36 PM
Noah Spence seems to be earning some praise. Urban Meyer still doesn't seem to be impressed by our wide receivers yet.

I can't wait to see Ryan Shazier explode this year.

Grizzlegom
08-20-2012, 12:40 PM
Gotta love ESPN. So in this link, they announce that the winning school will get $10,000 added to their general scholarship fund:

http://www.clc.com/clcweb/publishing.nsf/Content/Pledge+Your+Allegiance+for+College+Colors+Day+Comp etition+on+ESPN

Today, with Penn State up by 20,000 votes, ESPN has now removed all mention of the winning school receiving $10,000 to their scholarship fund on the contest page and in the "Official Rules and Prizes." So this means one of two things, either they pulled the scholarship because they refuse to give Penn State any scholarship money or they are still going to give the prize but don't want it publicized. Classy.

BuckeyeDan17
08-20-2012, 01:07 PM
nevermind my comment made no sense upon further review.

Grizzlegom
08-20-2012, 02:25 PM
FWIW, it has been confirmed that the winning school will still win the $10,000 scholarship. They just removed all mention of it, likely to distance themselves from the fact that they are doing it.

JoeJoeBrown
08-22-2012, 10:09 PM
Ohio State All Access (http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=ohio+state+all+access&oq=ohio+state+all+access&gs_l=youtube.3..0.2133.6078.0.6337.21.13.0.8.8.1.3 85.2164.6j3j1j3.13.0...0.0...1ac.hHfS4A2xXTU)

Most of the clips from the ESPN program. Hell of a series of commercials for OSU football. The program needed something like that. Meyer is a 180 from Tressel wrt his relationship with the media.

Even you OSU haters should watch a few clips.

Complex
08-23-2012, 08:01 PM
@brdispatch LB Storm Klein reinstated to #OhioState football team. Won't play until at least third game.

I thought he got kicked for beating his GF?

keylime_5
08-23-2012, 08:20 PM
They let the legal process playout and he wasn't charged or anything like that and it was cleared up, so they let him back on the team. It was probably premature to kick him off the team when they did if anything, but I think it was more along the lines of you are off the team until proven innocent.

As I had indicated previously, if there are any changes in the charges against Storm, I would re-evaluate his status. The charges that would have violated our core values have been totally dismissed. I have spoken extensively to members of both families and that has prompted me to re-assess his situation and allow him back

BuckeyeDan17
08-27-2012, 12:06 PM
Ohio State released the depth chart for week 1.

http://grfx.cstv.com/schools/osu/graphics/pdf/m-footbl/2012-two-deep.pdf

Our d-line rotation has a lot of talent and our secondary looks pretty good on paper; however, I thought Grant would crack the starting lineup over Howard. *shrug*

Grizzlegom
08-30-2012, 02:52 PM
http://dtedit.jr1.atl.publicus.com/storyimage/DT/20120830/SPORTS02/120839990/AR/0/AR-120839990.jpg

No words.

BuckeyeDan17
08-30-2012, 07:27 PM
I don't know how to feel about that.

bearsfan_51
08-30-2012, 09:28 PM
Haha....child rape is funny.

JoeJoeBrown
08-31-2012, 12:51 AM
More on those heinous shirts. Geared towards OSU, Iowa, and LSU fans.
Sickening. (http://www.opposingviews.com/i/sports/ncaa-football/big-ten/ohio-state-iowa-shirts-make-light-penn-state-child-rape-scandal)

There are ****** up people in this world.

iowatreat54
08-31-2012, 07:53 AM
Seriously, how does anyone think any of those notions are funny, let alone funny enough to make them tshirts? I've seen all over Iowa sites, fans pleading with everyone not to do stupid **** like this, and it amazes me the lengths some people will go to when rebuking the notion, even going as far as to say those who don't think it's funny support child rape.

If I see any Iowa fan wearing anything similar to that, I may not punch him square in the balls, but I will certainly call him out for probably being a mouth breathing inbred. I'm seriously embarrassed to be an Iowa fan more than I should be with how idiotic and simple minded most Iowa fans are...

redbills
08-31-2012, 11:59 AM
Hahaha come on guys those r funny

P-L
08-31-2012, 12:34 PM
Michigan starting RB Fitz Toussaint and DE Frank Clark both suspended against Alabama. Neither player made the trip to Dallas.

ryno626
09-03-2012, 09:24 PM
Post Bama news for Michigan: Blake Countess tore his ACL and is out for the year. Taylor Lewan's injury wasn't serious, it's believed to be a bruise and he should be back for Saturday's game. Devin Gardner dropped to #3 on QB depth chart and the move to WR looks permament for rest of season barring an injury to Shoelace or Russell Bellomy.

singe_101
09-08-2012, 08:20 PM
Penn State kicker Sam Finken misses 4 field goals.

Ficken is Einhorn, Einhorn is Ficken!

Iamcanadian
09-10-2012, 04:18 PM
Looks like the Big 10 will compete with the Big East as the worst in college football. What an embarrassing week.

bearsfan_51
09-10-2012, 08:04 PM
Please. Lose a few games on the road to Pac 12 teams and everyone shits the bed. The Big Ten is still better than the ACC, and a hell of a lot better than the Big East.

But the conference identity thing is a crock of poo anyway. My team won this week, I could give two shits that Iowa lost.

Hurricanes25
09-10-2012, 08:14 PM
Looks like the Big 10 will compete with the Big East as the worst in college football. What an embarrassing week.

Wow, no. I mean really? The Big 10 may not have a National Title contender this year buy they are still world's better than the Big East.

I watched a good bit of Purdue/ND last week. If Robert Marve started that game, Purdue probably wins.

iowatreat54
09-10-2012, 08:41 PM
Please. Lose a few games on the road to Pac 12 teams and everyone shits the bed. The Big Ten is still better than the ACC, and a hell of a lot better than the Big East.

But the conference identity thing is a crock of poo anyway. My team won this week, I could give two shits that Iowa lost.

To be fair, we are awful. Maybe this year we pull off the upset of Minnesota...wait what...

bearsfan_51
09-10-2012, 09:03 PM
Not so long as we have Bane on our team.

http://bigtennetworks.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/facemask.jpeg?w=640

Really Big Ten Network?

Well here's the link. Hageman is a beast.

http://btn.com/2012/08/15/rashede-hageman-gets-tuck-like-facemask/

Grizzlegom
09-12-2012, 12:05 PM
Starting WR Shawney Kersey left the team. Penn State running out of WRs fast.

StickSkills
09-12-2012, 03:52 PM
Starting WR Shawney Kersey left the team. Penn State running out of WRs fast.

Matt Zanellatto getting 1st team reps. Was chillin with him last night and he was really excited to "ball his dick off this Saturday."

Iamcanadian
09-20-2012, 01:49 PM
Wow, no. I mean really? The Big 10 may not have a National Title contender this year buy they are still world's better than the Big East.

I watched a good bit of Purdue/ND last week. If Robert Marve started that game, Purdue probably wins.

Are they???? Everybody **** on the Big East but their teams that left are having little trouble competting in their new conferences. West Virginia could challenge for the Big 12 title and Pittsburgh took out Virginia Tech.
Louisville is doing well and I haven't see 1 Big 10 team that will finish in the top 15.
We are living on our past reputations but are now reaching the bottom of the pit.

bearsfan_51
09-20-2012, 02:24 PM
Are they???? Everybody **** on the Big East but their teams that left are having little trouble competting in their new conferences. West Virginia could challenge for the Big 12 title and Pittsburgh took out Virginia Tech.
Louisville is doing well and I haven't see 1 Big 10 team that will finish in the top 15.
We are living on our past reputations but are now reaching the bottom of the pit.
West Virginia was always a great program in a ****** league, and they aren't even in the Big East anymore, so who cares?

Pittsburgh also lost to Youngstown State. Great example.

You're a lunatic and a gadfly.

iowatreat54
09-21-2012, 10:44 AM
Hey BF, I heard there were "Who Hates Iowa" chants in that thriller over WMU last Saturday.

How's it looking for the Gophers without Gray for a couple weeks? Does Iowa actually have a chance now in 2 weeks?

SolidGold
09-21-2012, 12:20 PM
Danny O'Brien lost the starting job - i am pretty bummed about that - i am a fan of his - he was impressive his freshman season at Maryland. I thought he would be a great fit in Wisconsin - not sure what has gone wrong so far. I hope he can rediscover his game - he is one of my biggest disappointments of the season so far.

bearsfan_51
09-21-2012, 12:53 PM
Hey BF, I heard there were "Who Hates Iowa" chants in that thriller over WMU last Saturday.
There is never an inappropriate time to chant "Who Hates Iowa". I even chant it during sex.

How's it looking for the Gophers without Gray for a couple weeks? Does Iowa actually have a chance now in 2 weeks?
A lot of people think we'll actually be better with Shortell because he's a better passer, but those people are dumb. The Gophers led the league in lowest yards needed on 3rd down (an important stat considering how important it is to sustain drives). The biggest reason for this was the lack of negative yards because Gray has such fantastic running ability. Without him, I think we're going to be facing a lot of 3rd and longs.

So, to answer your question, yes.

princefielder28
09-21-2012, 01:51 PM
I'm one those dumb people that feel the Gophers are better with Shortell at QB.

iowatreat54
09-21-2012, 02:32 PM
There is never an inappropriate time to chant "Who Hates Iowa". I even chant it during sex.

A lot of people think we'll actually be better with Shortell because he's a better passer, but those people are dumb. The Gophers led the league in lowest yards needed on 3rd down (an important stat considering how important it is to sustain drives). The biggest reason for this was the lack of negative yards because Gray has such fantastic running ability. Without him, I think we're going to be facing a lot of 3rd and longs.

So, to answer your question, yes.

Woooo we may win 2 Big Ten games!

It's a good thing we will have to face Shortell. Running QBs always kill us (except Denardzzz who can't beat us) and Gray, if I recall correctly, was no exception last season. But we are usually decent against passing QBs and this year our pass defense is head and shoulders above every other area that it makes me feel better knowing we face Shortell.

Also, Floyd needs to come home. He doesn't like it up in the cold or hearing how awesome the Vikings are. Haha, just kidding, he doesn't hear that in Minnesota either.

iowatreat54
09-22-2012, 02:37 PM
If any of your teams lose to us this season, you should quit football forever.

yo123
09-22-2012, 06:00 PM
If any of your teams lose to us this season, you should quit football forever.

What the **** was your team doing on that onside kick? No one even went after it.

scottyboy
09-22-2012, 09:22 PM
hai guyz, we beat Arkansas. We can join your conference?

Bulldogs
09-22-2012, 09:27 PM
Rutgers > the SEC imo.

bearsfan_51
09-22-2012, 11:50 PM
hai guyz, we beat Arkansas. We can join your conference?
You can have Indiana's spot.

iowatreat54
09-23-2012, 10:51 AM
What the **** was your team doing on that onside kick? No one even went after it.

We were confused because the previous 3 times they tried to kick, it was to the right. But we tried to throw them off on the 4th by still only lining up 4 guys AND not going for it. I guess that genius game plan backfired...

bearsfan_51
09-23-2012, 11:37 AM
Iowa still matches up pretty well with Minnesota. Gray should still be out, and without him, our running game is pretty bad. On the other side of the ball, our passive defensive is fantastic, but we haven't been able to stop the run.

Minnesota looks to be a better team than Iowa, but I think we're the underdogs in this game because Iowa runs the ball so well.

StickSkills
09-23-2012, 01:29 PM
Well Illinois looks VERY beatable for Penn State, Northwestern looks tough but i think we can win, and Iowa looks beatable. It's not too crazy to think that PSU can be 5-2 heading into the OSU game.

bearsfan_51
09-23-2012, 01:33 PM
Well Illinois looks VERY beatable for Penn State, Northwestern looks tough but i think we can win, and Iowa looks beatable. It's not too crazy to think that PSU can be 5-2 heading into the OSU game.
They could just as easily be 2-5.

StickSkills
09-23-2012, 01:43 PM
They could just as easily be 2-5.

You saw that Illinois was down 52-17 to Lousiana Tech last night, right? It was also LTech's passing offense that destroyed them.

iowatreat54
09-23-2012, 01:44 PM
Iowa still matches up pretty well with Minnesota. Gray should still be out, and without him, our running game is pretty bad. On the other side of the ball, our passive defensive is fantastic, but we haven't been able to stop the run.

Minnesota looks to be a better team than Iowa, but I think we're the underdogs in this game because Iowa runs the ball so well.

How's the DL look? Weisman is a strong, Physical runner, but our OL has been opening up giant holes the last 2 weeks. If Minnesota can fill the gaps, and make our WRs beat them, it might get ugly for us.

bearsfan_51
09-23-2012, 01:46 PM
Yeah, Illinois isn't good; neither is Penn State. Sonny Dykes is doing impressive things at LA-Tech, they aren't a pushover.

A team that lost to Ohio and Virginia shouldn't be taking anyone for granted. They could easily lose all of those games.

bearsfan_51
09-23-2012, 01:47 PM
How's the DL look? Weisman is a strong, Physical runner, but our OL has been opening up giant holes the last 2 weeks. If Minnesota can fill the gaps, and make our WRs beat them, it might get ugly for us.
DL is fantastic against the pass. I don't know the sack numbers, but they are good, and we've been pounding the quarterback.

Run defense is much less impressive. The defense is built on speed.

StickSkills
09-23-2012, 09:16 PM
Yeah, Illinois isn't good; neither is Penn State. Sonny Dykes is doing impressive things at LA-Tech, they aren't a pushover.

A team that lost to Ohio and Virginia shouldn't be taking anyone for granted. They could easily lose all of those games.

If there was ever a team that matches up favorably for PSU, it's Illinois.
Week 1 against WMU:
WMU's QBs: 28/47, 265 yards, 1 TD, 3 INTs
Week 2 against ASU:
ASU's QBs: 23/29, 318 yards, 3 TDs, 0 INTS
Week 3 against Charleston South:
CSU QBs: 5/17, 29 yards, 0 TDs, 1 INT <--- I'm assuming they're an option team?
Week 4 against Louisiana Tech:
LTech's QBs: 15/22, 284 yards, 4 TDs, 0 INTs
Also LTech's Patton had 6 receptions, 164 yards, 2 TDs.

Then looking at PSU's offense, McGloin is leading the Big 10 in passing yards (1,003), completions (83), and touchdowns (9). Meanwhile he has only 2 interceptions, both that went through the hands of receivers. Also, Allen Robinson leads the Big 10 in receptions (7.2 per game), yards (101.1 per game), and TD catches (5).

Giantsfan1080
09-25-2012, 10:54 AM
Michigan and ND have cancelled their series.

ryno626
09-25-2012, 05:47 PM
Michigan and ND have cancelled their series.

False. Notre Dame cancelled the series

Docta
09-26-2012, 12:16 PM
Tom Osbourne retires. The B1G is falling apart.

bearsfan_51
09-26-2012, 12:18 PM
Minnesota is 4-0. All is well.

Smooth Criminal
09-29-2012, 09:03 AM
Not for long. I took Minnesota to cover. They will inevitably get blown out today. Same goes for you Penn State fans.

Grizzlegom
09-29-2012, 02:26 PM
Not for long. I took Minnesota to cover. They will inevitably get blown out today. Same goes for you Penn State fans.

You were saying? :smug:

bearsfan_51
09-29-2012, 02:33 PM
Minnesota is 4-0. All is well.
The world is over.

bearsfan_51
09-29-2012, 02:36 PM
Bill O'Brien looks like the real deal, which is good, because he'll need to be.

iowatreat54
09-29-2012, 02:48 PM
The world is over.

Floyd just needed to come home, that's all.

I also overestimated Shortell and your D is not good.

princefielder28
09-29-2012, 03:03 PM
Minnesota simply has nothing when it comes to skilled players on offense and the defense has more speed than usual but they lack the physicality.