PDA

View Full Version : Moore Overrated?

Thunder&Lightning
02-02-2012, 01:22 PM
Bothers me how people say Kellen Moore is overrated...

So hes overrated because he is a household name that put up record breaking numbers but is undersized, with an average arm, and might be a product of a stystem?

But Tannehill who lost more games in one season than Moore did in his career is a potential first rounder.. huh? It just doesnt make sense to me how the winningest QB in college history is getting beat up so badly because he got jipped of the tall gene... Its unfortunate that he put in 4 years of almost perfection, and just because he doesnt measure out ideal in Indy he gets screwed.

People get way too caught up in what the prototypical prospect should look like... Pretty sure greatness is measured by the number to the left of the dash not by how far you can throw a football jamarcus russell...

IMO a guy like Tannehill is the one overrated, kid cant win but has all the tools...

Winning is Wining.

Just had to get that off my chest quick. 99% of you will probably completely disagree with me, but thanks to the 1st amendment, it is what it is.

Hurricanes25
02-02-2012, 01:24 PM
Ken Dorsey was a winner too. That didn't make a good prospect nor should it have.

prock
02-02-2012, 01:26 PM
Oh god, not another one of these JUST WINZZZ TEH GAMEZZZ threads...

Thunder&Lightning
02-02-2012, 01:26 PM
Ken Dorsey was a winner too. That didn't make a good prospect nor should it have.

Ken Dorsey had one of the best supporting casts ever. You could give a lot of examples about winners. But few ever got a shot. Dorsey was not the winningest QB ever either.

Thunder&Lightning
02-02-2012, 01:27 PM
Oh god, not another one of these JUST WINZZZ TEH GAMEZZZ threads...

It is what it is.

DraftSavant
02-02-2012, 01:27 PM

SuperPacker
02-02-2012, 01:29 PM
Dont get me started on Kellen Moore. He is terrible, in every single way. He will be out of the league in 2 years.

Im never talking about him again. It pains me to even think about him playing in the NFL, not that he will.

Shane P. Hallam
02-02-2012, 01:32 PM
Ken Dorsey had one of the best supporting casts ever. You could give a lot of examples about winners. But few ever got a shot. Dorsey was not the winningest QB ever either.

Next two in line:

Colt McCoy

David Greene.

Not exactly the great NFL prospects/players there.

It's more than being short. He looks like a high school kid who has never seen the inside of a weight room. His arm strength is poor, his release is low and weird, he has to go full power just to get it 15-20 yards. He has had a longer passes, but they all sail and aren't NFL throws. Couldn't hit an out route to save his life 95% of the time. THAT'S why he isn't a great prospect.

Could he be a back-up a la Chase Daniel? Sure. But that doesn't make him a good prospect.

Thunder&Lightning
02-02-2012, 01:40 PM
figured id get hosed for this... ya win some ya lose some.

ATLDirtyBirds
02-02-2012, 01:41 PM
figured id get hosed for this... ya win some ya lose some.

Good job on taking the beating like a man.

Prowler
02-02-2012, 01:46 PM
Depends on where people think he should be drafted. I'm setting the bar around:

1st Round- What a terrible pick, fire the GM
2nd Round- Whoa, that was a terrible reach
3rd Round- Damn...reach city. Must have been a huge run on QBs
4th Round- Not a big fan, but at least its not a high pick
5th Round- A little early for him, but teams might be desperate

THE BAR ----------------------------------------

6th Round- He can be drafted here if a team falls in love with him
7th Round- I would be tempted to draft him here as a backup, but most likely would just let him slip to UDFA.

SuperPacker
02-02-2012, 01:48 PM
Can we please close this thread because its making me sick! Arghhhhhh! I hate Kellen Moore.

ElectricEye
02-02-2012, 01:53 PM
Can we please close this thread because its making me sick! Arghhhhhh! I hate Kellen Moore.

You try way too hard.

CashmoneyDrew
02-02-2012, 01:54 PM
If you consider using a draft pick on him, then yes, you are vastly overrating him as a prospect. Great college player, turrible prospect. End of story IMO.

SuperPacker
02-02-2012, 01:57 PM
You try way too hard.

Trying to what? I despise Kellen Moore. Can't i express my opinion?

Thunder&Lightning
02-02-2012, 01:57 PM
You try way too hard.

2nd that statement.

bitonti
02-02-2012, 03:56 PM
Depends on where people think he should be drafted. I'm setting the bar around:

THE BAR ----------------------------------------

6th Round- He can be drafted here if a team falls in love with him

+1 there's nothing horrible about drafting Moore, it's a matter of getting correct value. His height is a concern, as is arm strength. that pushes him down.

but heck there's a 6th rounder in the Super Bowl this weekend playing QB, it's not the end of the world to be drafted late.

SuperPacker
02-02-2012, 04:10 PM
+1 there's nothing horrible about drafting Moore, it's a matter of getting correct value. His height is a concern, as is arm strength. that pushes him down.

but heck there's a 6th rounder in the Super Bowl this weekend playing QB, it's not the end of the world to be drafted late.

And how many other 6th round pick QB's have played in superbowls. Maybe one player can do that but that doesnt mean every other QB drafted in the 6th round is going to be one of the greatest QB's of all time.

Yes, there is a chance, course theres a chance. But get me the numbers, how many QB's have been drafted in the 6th round and how many have had good careers. My guess is pretty low.

Prowler
02-02-2012, 04:18 PM
Agreed that drafting Moore isn't necessarily horrible. Value is dependent on market and team's perceptions/needs. Its the reason why Tannehill won't be considered a huge reach at the end of the 1st round. The market/team's opinions dictates our draft boards. If a team has Moore, then we adjust accordingly. His rough consensus projected value is that of a late round flyer.

*and Rounds 1 and 2 are considered starter material rounds, 3-4 potential spot starters and developmentals, 5-7 are more upside, backups, and special teams type picks that fill out a roster. So when a team drafts Moore late, then they are saying that he's there to be the backup/developmental type to fill out their roster. They aren't looking for Super Bowl leadership, just a body. Teams need bodies.

prock
02-02-2012, 04:19 PM
Yeah, it is low, but nothing wrong with getting a back up QB in the 6th. Obviously no one is arguing the likelihood of Moore being a SB quarterback from the 6th round... I don't think anyone on this board is that ********.

SuperPacker
02-02-2012, 04:22 PM
Yeah, it is low, but nothing wrong with getting a back up QB in the 6th. Obviously no one is arguing the likelihood of Moore being a SB quarterback from the 6th round... I don't think anyone on this board is that ********.

Back up is a bit of a push.

Prowler
02-02-2012, 04:25 PM
Its only viewed as a push because only a few teams such as the Packers and Patriots actually push to develop their backup qbs through the draft. If more GMs and coaching staffs were worth a damn, there would be a lot more success stories.

49erNation85
02-02-2012, 04:26 PM
Y'all hate on him too much just because of his Height issue. I'm sure if he was 6'3 all of you would love him and not care about his arm strength to much because he has above average accuracy. Not every QB needs to throw the deep rout to be successful.

Hurricanes25
02-02-2012, 04:30 PM
Y'all hate on him too much just because of his Height issue. I'm sure if he was 6'3 all of you would love him and not care about his arm strength to much because he has above average accuracy. Not every QB needs to throw the deep rout to be successful.

His arm strength is incredibly weak. Accuracy is important but it can't always make up for a lack of arm strength. He's probably got the weakest arm in this draft class.

keylime_5
02-02-2012, 04:33 PM
terrible arm strength.
terrible size.
not athletic.

what's not to like?

you can be a surgeon with your ball placement in the NFL - but if you can't put any zip on the throws into tight spaces they will be interceptions instead of completions every single time. Not being able to fit balls into tight spaces = out of league before long nowadays.

dannyz
02-02-2012, 04:34 PM
I hate that every small QB gets compared to Drew Brees. First it was Colt McCoy and at the Senior Bowl they were comparing both Wilson and Moore to Brees and it's just a Disgrace to Drew, I admit that I don't know what kind of Prospect he was coming out of College but he must have been good to go at the Top of the Second Round but man Drew has a pretty Strong Arm and can Read Defenses something that the other QB's can't do.

Caulibflower
02-02-2012, 04:39 PM
He's a smart kid with pretty good accuracy who's short and frail-looking, not strong, and not super athletic. He's got the smarts and accuracy to run a prolific collegiate offense, but his lack of physical ability is always going to limit what he can do in the NFL. As people have said - his deep ball floats, and his out route is not good. Can he learn an NFL offense and do enough to win some games, or at least avoid losing them? I think so, and that's probably enough for him to appear in some games and earn a few NFL paychecks. But unless he can somehow dramatically improve his arm strength, he's always going to be a guy who needs his receivers to be wide open and his running game to be effective for him to have success. Tannehill, on the other hand, is physically superior in every category, and there's no reason to believe he's any less intelligent. For what it's worth, what makes people think Moore is so smart, except that he wins games despite being short and frail? He must be smart, I guess. Tannehill's planning on medical school, so I have little doubt he can learn to diagnose defenses, too, and with as tough as he is in the pocket, I'd be willing to take a chance on him and see if he can put it all together. And pimping Moore because he just wins games is just as dumb as knocking Tannehill because he didn't win enough. He didn't play freaking defense. That Aggie team folded over and over again last year. So you can't say, "Why do you want Tannehill, who loses games, but not Moore, who wins games?" Come ON. Tannehill is 6'4" 220, throws a good deep ball and a great out, is tough in the pocket, and has learned very quickly. Moore is a guy who's had years to master a system, is small and unimpressive, and won a lot of games on a team that was already winning a lot of games in a mediocre conference. Thats why people prefer Tannehill. Tannehill profiles as a starter, Moore as a backup. Might Tannehill suck? Might Moore turn into a Hall of Famer? Sure. Who knows. But the people who think Moore will be an NFL starter I think are really underestimating how much the increased overall ability of NFL players is going to compare to Moore's. I think he's just out of his league in the NFL

jrdrylie
02-02-2012, 04:39 PM
I agree with you that Tannehill is overrated. I think he has potential to be a good starter, but I think he may need a bit more time to develop.

As for Moore, I don't see why anyone would draft him. I think we can all agree than Colt McCoy is not a great player. Well, Moore is smaller, less athletic, and has a worse arm. He will never be a starter but he might make it as a backup. But I'm not drafting a guy whose ceiling is backup QB any higher than the sixth round. And at that point, I'd rather draft a QB like Ryan Lindley who has much higher upside.

PossibleCabbage
02-02-2012, 05:06 PM

You do realize that Kellen Moore is eligible for the draft, and that virtually every draft eligible player is an entirely appropriate topic for this message board, right? Especially when they're quarterbacks?

If you don't like a player, explain what you don't like about him, don't just say "stop talking about this topic, it sickens me." If that's actually the case, just don't click on this thread.

Personally, I think Moore is worth a 6th or a 7th just to see if you can maybe turn him into a player, and he deserves at least a PFA grade.

prock
02-02-2012, 05:07 PM
His arm strength is incredibly weak. Accuracy is important but it can't always make up for a lack of arm strength. He's probably got the weakest arm in this draft class.

Ignore him, that's the same guy who slobs on Tebow's knob. He obviously is clueless about quarterback play.

tjsunstein
02-02-2012, 05:23 PM
The consensus seems to be that he may be worth a late flier/UDFA who is sure to sign on somewhere as a camp body, so I don't think he's overrated.

DraftSavant
02-02-2012, 05:40 PM
http://www.gifsoup.com/view/658594/kobe-uninterested-o.gif

Rabscuttle
02-02-2012, 05:51 PM
It is what it is.

Poor man's Colt Brennan?

Bengals78
02-02-2012, 05:57 PM
terrible arm strength.
terrible size.
not athletic.

what's not to like?

you can be a surgeon with your ball placement in the NFL - but if you can't put any zip on the throws into tight spaces they will be interceptions instead of completions every single time. Not being able to fit balls into tight spaces = out of league before long nowadays.

Just winzzzzzzz

Caddy
02-02-2012, 05:58 PM
http://cdn1.sbnation.com/fan_shot_images/232535/kellen-moore-ranibow-guns_medium_medium.jpg

A Perfect Score
02-02-2012, 06:00 PM
http://cdn1.sbnation.com/fan_shot_images/232535/kellen-moore-ranibow-guns_medium_medium.jpg

Looks so much like Jim from American Pie.

Rabscuttle
02-02-2012, 06:10 PM
Looks so much like Jim from American Pie.

and they both have a quick release in common...

SchizophrenicBatman
02-02-2012, 08:31 PM
Sherron Collins won da gamez in college

He's currently playing in Turkey

descendency
02-02-2012, 11:38 PM
Moore is a nice guy, but his NFL career is more likely in laundry than QBing.

Ryan Tannehill has physical talent to go in round 1 but lacks the mental talent and experience. I could see him as a mid rounder but I know someone will fall in love with his potential and way over-draft him.

Brothgar
02-02-2012, 11:43 PM
You have to be rated to be over rated. Kellen Moore will be a good backup as he will be a player who will prepare well and get the talented QB or Tim Tebow ready to play on Sunday.

ElectricEye
02-02-2012, 11:46 PM
I will say this of Moore; I'm really impressed he's able to do what he's able to do with the hand he's been dealt. I'm by no means trying to say he's any kind of NFL prospect, but the guy deserves his due for that at the very least. The way he's able to anticipate and get the ball out of his hands as quick as he can is super impressive and kind of cool to watch.

....still doesn't make him a prospect though.

descendency
02-02-2012, 11:55 PM
Quite a few coaches at the senior bowl were/are interested in Moore and Russell Wilson as a backup.

SickwithIt1010
02-03-2012, 12:00 AM
Some team will let him hold a clipboard. Hes very intelligent and is very accurate so in a terrible situation he may be able to come in and not do absolutely terrible. Hes a god damn genius when it comes to football, though so I would rather just seem him get right into coaching.

Brown Leader
02-03-2012, 12:09 AM
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/si/2009/magazine/03/18/athletes.going.broke/detmer.jpg

BoiseSt39
02-28-2012, 01:41 PM
Kellen is a moneyball prospect: He doesn't look the part, but he can read the stitches on the fastball.

I'm a total homer, but I think Kellen's game will translate to the NFL. He can read a defense better than any college QB I've ever seen. Lots of his wins were against lousy teams, but he was perfect against BCS teams (6-0), and he won a Fiesta Bowl. Watch the film of his game against UGA with a completely new set of recievers.

If NFL teams would draft Nathan Enderele and Tom Brandstater on size alone, I would think a team would take a chance on a guy who has everything except size.

brat316
02-28-2012, 01:46 PM
Matt LionHeart, just winzzzz games. Till Young trolled him.

LionHeart would have went #1 overall, was a pretty good prospect.

Ghost of Juice
02-28-2012, 04:12 PM
There isn't much to like about him as a prospect. The things I do like are his accuracy, ability under pressure and his leadership.

But there are so many things wrong with him. His arm makes Colt McCoy's look like Matt Stafford's. Hes not very athletic. He looks like hes fourteen years old, which means he isn't gonna be able to take many hits. He has to windup to make the ball go 20 yards. The arm and size alone are fatal flaws because of how poor they are.

Also, sure his team isn't close to as good as to what Ken Dorsey had. But if you consider the competition he had to face, Boise State was a powerhouse.

Would I take him in the 7th round? Sure why not lets see what he has, theres no risk in that. But i have never had more confidence that a prospect will fail more than I have for him. Nothing personal against the guy, im sure hes a good guy just not an NFL player. I will enjoy watching him in the arena league.

Wrathman
02-28-2012, 07:25 PM
Kellen is a moneyball prospect: He doesn't look the part, but he can read the stitches on the fastball.

I'm a total homer, but I think Kellen's game will translate to the NFL. He can read a defense better than any college QB I've ever seen. Lots of his wins were against lousy teams, but he was perfect against BCS teams (6-0), and he won a Fiesta Bowl. Watch the film of his game against UGA with a completely new set of recievers.

If NFL teams would draft Nathan Enderele and Tom Brandstater on size alone, I would think a team would take a chance on a guy who has everything except size.

Except he doesn't have everything except size...he has everything except size (height and body to withstand NFL hits) and arm strength.

I think it would be interesting to draft him in Round 6 or 7 with the intention of getting him on the coaching staff when that initial contract expired.

norcalgsr
02-28-2012, 07:42 PM
Situational short-yardage QB.

BoiseSt39
02-28-2012, 08:05 PM
Except he doesn't have everything except size...he has everything except size (height and body to withstand NFL hits) and arm strength.

I think it would be interesting to draft him in Round 6 or 7 with the intention of getting him on the coaching staff when that initial contract expired.

Size and strength can be added and built upon. Either you can read defenses and make quick, accurate decisions or you can't. Kellen does that better than Luck or RGIII. I laugh when guys say they would take Lindley or Corp over Moore when those guys were downright lousy in college. How does a crappy college QB become a make a good pro?

bored of education
02-28-2012, 08:11 PM
See Tyler Palko with a weaker arm and better anticipation

Wrathman
02-28-2012, 08:19 PM
Size and strength can be added and built upon. Either you can read defenses and make quick, accurate decisions or you can't. Kellen does that better than Luck or RGIII. I laugh when guys say they would take Lindley or Corp over Moore when those guys were downright lousy in college. How does a crappy college QB become a make a good pro?

If Moore had the frame to build on, I'd buy into him to a greater degree. He doesn't, so if he ever got his strength to the point it needs to be at, I think he'd lose his flexibility in the process.

Bengalsrocket
02-28-2012, 08:42 PM
Moore is going to have throw power rating of 33 in Madden. His accuracy will be a 94 though.

49erNation85
02-28-2012, 10:40 PM
Moore is going to have throw power rating of 33 in Madden. His accuracy will be a 94 though.

In Madden 12 I picked up him up after my first year in UDFA and after his first year his was improved to like an 87 rating after one season with B Pot.So he is not bad in video games just won't have the big arm but he can run and do a great west coast offense type of system as stated on his combine profile at NFL website.He also can scramble pretty well to and get extra yardage but that is video games tho the real deal for him will be way different.

norcalgsr
02-29-2012, 02:28 AM
Someone draft him and send him to Eric Cressey. Moore can be the football version of Tim Collins (http://www.ericcressey.com/tim-collins-why-everyone-should-be-a-kansas-city-royals-fan-at-least-for-a-day).

norcalgsr
02-29-2012, 02:29 AM
Someone draft him and send him to Eric Cressey. Moore can be the football version of Tim Collins (http://www.ericcressey.com/tim-collins-why-everyone-should-be-a-kansas-city-royals-fan-at-least-for-a-day).

descendency
02-29-2012, 02:44 AM
Size and strength can be added and built upon.

You're either 6'1 or bigger, or you aren't. There is no magic way to grow two inches (at his age).

BoiseSt39
02-29-2012, 07:22 AM
I wasn't talking about height, I was talking about arm strength and bulk.

BoiseSt39
02-29-2012, 07:29 AM

Kellen Moore Hail Mary vs. Nevada 2010 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gv0Z8I9RBU8)

Wrathman
02-29-2012, 09:19 PM
Kellen Moore Hail Mary vs. Nevada 2010 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gv0Z8I9RBU8)

I've seen javelin throwers take less steps in their delivery. There is no argument on arm strength - he doesn't have it.

ChiFan24
02-29-2012, 09:34 PM

What happens next?

BoiseSt39
03-01-2012, 10:58 AM
What happens next?

lol! Ouch!

Thunder&Lightning
03-01-2012, 12:47 PM
Jesus thought this beating was in the past... Whyd you have to bring back bad memories...

Big Bird
03-01-2012, 01:27 PM
That was only a 55-yard throw (really, not that big of a deal when talking about a college qb), and he had a 5-yard run-up, something he will never have. Plus, it floated and hung in the air for about 3 seconds. 55-yards, with a 5-yard run-up, and still taking 3 seconds? That's terrible.

I remember watching Josh Johnson sling 60 yard bullets at San Diego in 2 to 2.5 seconds. And that was without running into the throws either...

http://youtu.be/tBz2ZOTXlKg
^Andrew Luck, who doesn't have a cannon but certainly not weak, throws it 45 yards in 2.13 seconds, according to my stopwatch. To be official, I had Moore's throw at 3.41 seconds. That is an insane difference for just 10 yards, specifically when Kellen was able to run into his throw.

descendency
03-01-2012, 02:02 PM

When you have to wind it up and get a running start to throw the ball 55 yards, you have no arm strength.

BoiseSt39
03-01-2012, 02:27 PM
I hear Jamarcus Russell has a cannon arm.

descendency
03-01-2012, 02:32 PM
I hear Jamarcus Russell has a cannon arm.

Number of successful NFL QBs without arm strength under 6'0: 0.

Number of current successful NFL QBs with decent arm strength: 32.

BoiseSt39
03-01-2012, 02:33 PM
Tebow has a rocket arm too. Brodie Croyle, Nathan Enderele, Tom Brandstater, and Mike (Kellen's backup) Coughlin could "make all of the throws"

My point is: Kellen will be successful in spite of his lack of arm strength.

He gets the ball out of his hands and into the hands of the real athletes on the field faster and better than any college player I've seen.

jrdrylie
03-01-2012, 02:35 PM
That was absolutely atrocious defense that allowed that to happen. Any NFL defense would have been playing off and there would have been a safety back there waiting to fair catch that pass.

BoiseSt39
03-01-2012, 02:38 PM
And back to that hail Mary:

Kellen hit a diving Titus Young in stride. Titus Young was one of the fastest recievers in last year's class.

If Kellen had gotten the ball to that point in 2.1 seconds instead of 3.1 seconds, it would have been an overthrown ball.

BoiseSt39
03-01-2012, 02:39 PM
That was absolutely atrocious defense that allowed that to happen. Any NFL defense would have been playing off and there would have been a safety back there waiting to fair catch that pass.

Very True. Nevada's D has always sucked.

killxswitch
03-01-2012, 02:40 PM
Ha ha ha Kellen Moore.

Big Bird
03-01-2012, 03:54 PM
Tebow has a rocket arm too. Brodie Croyle, Nathan Enderele, Tom Brandstater, and Mike (Kellen's backup) Coughlin could "make all of the throws"

My point is: Kellen will be successful in spite of his lack of arm strength.

He gets the ball out of his hands and into the hands of the real athletes on the field faster and better than any college player I've seen.

And back to that hail Mary:

Kellen hit a diving Titus Young in stride. Titus Young was one of the fastest recievers in last year's class.

If Kellen had gotten the ball to that point in 2.1 seconds instead of 3.1 seconds, it would have been an overthrown ball.
Now your just starting to sound foolish overall.

Brodie Croyle has a below average arm. It's the reason he isn't a starter in the league. That, and he can never stay healthy.

And he can throw it there in 2.1 seconds and still complete it. It's called putting zip on it and the proper trajectory. If he slings it in there (which he can't), then it gets there quicker, Titus more than likely doesn't have to dive, and then he truly hits him in stride where he is able to run after the catch.

You keep ignoring the obvious; the guy has ZERO arm strength. He was bouncing passes to quick outs at the Senior Bowl. Kellen Moore doesn't belong as an NFL quarterback and will NEVER find success at the position. It doesn't happen and will not happen.

Kellen Moore is a smart guy who knows a playbook from front to back by memory. That's great, too bad it doesn't automatically make you a professional football player just like knowing a novel front and back doesn't make you an author. Too completely overlook his extremely lacking physical tools is just being blind to the obvious.

When you name me a 5-11 190 lbs. quarterback with small hands and no arm strength that has found success since 2000, then I will lend some credence to an argument. Until then, you're just somebody holding a penny in your hand and think it's gold because you're too blind to see the difference.

Rabscuttle
03-01-2012, 04:43 PM
"It came down like a punt."

BoiseSt39
03-01-2012, 04:51 PM
Kellen made a lot of good throws at the senior bowl. The quick out was tipped by Couples.

Excuse me for believing in the guy. People said the same things about him from high school to college. The prevailing thought is that he can't make the jump to the NFL. I think he will surprise a lot of people. People hate on Tim Tebow and Jeremy Lin for similar reasons, and those guys are only motivated further.
I think he's worth a 5th round pick. He can move an offense if your starter goes down.
To say he's worthless, or that he has no future in the NFL is wrong.
But, I guess you're right about that hail Mary.

Brothgar
03-01-2012, 05:31 PM
Kellen made a lot of good throws at the senior bowl. The quick out was tipped by Couples.

Excuse me for believing in the guy. People said the same things about him from high school to college. The prevailing thought is that he can't make the jump to the NFL. I think he will surprise a lot of people. People hate on Tim Tebow and Jeremy Lin for similar reasons, and those guys are only motivated further.
I think he's worth a 5th round pick. He can move an offense if your starter goes down.

Jeremy Lin is the exception not the rule. Is there a system that Moore can possibly be successful? Sure, if a team wanted to cater their offense to Moore's strengths he may possibly be able to lead a team to the playoffs. But Tim Tebow isn't the example you want to use. Tebow lucked his way to a team with what turned out to be what 6 pro bowlers on the defensive side of the ball.

Saints-Tigers
03-01-2012, 07:59 PM
Jeremy Lin doesn't have physical limitations like Moore. He's a good sized PG with good athleticism and skill set.

BoiseSt39
03-01-2012, 08:58 PM
Jeremy Lin is the exception not the rule. Is there a system that Moore can possibly be successful? Sure, if a team wanted to cater their offense to Moore's strengths he may possibly be able to lead a team to the playoffs. But Tim Tebow isn't the example you want to use. Tebow lucked his way to a team with what turned out to be what 6 pro bowlers on the defensive side of the ball.

And one hell of a left tackle!

norcalgsr
03-02-2012, 02:16 AM

I wouldn't be surprised if Lin had a stronger arm than Moore.

BoiseSt39
03-02-2012, 09:59 AM
Kellen Moore vs. Georgia (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoP1hFnrfGU)

This is the video to watch to judge his strengths and weaknesses