PDA

View Full Version : Sorry BBD, but i gotta do this.

MetSox17
02-02-2012, 03:22 PM
I promised i'd call you out on this before the season started and what kind of man would i be if i didn't go through with it?

I need you to eat crow and accept how wrong you were about the Falcons. You claimed they were terribly overrated and that last year was a fluke and that they would be no better than 8-8. They didn't match their regular season of last year but they comfortably made the playoffs.

So go on, grab a plate.

Rosebud
02-02-2012, 03:56 PM
With how thoroughly they got their **** pushed in in the playoffs, I'd say BBD wasn't completely off, calling them terribly over-rated and last year being a fluke.

Caddy
02-02-2012, 04:01 PM
Suck it BBD! You were wrong once by a tiny margin but you deserve to suffer!

SuperPacker
02-02-2012, 04:15 PM
With how thoroughly they got their **** pushed in in the playoffs, I'd say BBD wasn't completely off, calling them terribly over-rated and last year being a fluke.

Yeah what did they go? 9-7? Hardly being completely proved wrong.

Bengals78
02-02-2012, 04:15 PM
Suck it BBD! You were wrong once by a tiny margin but you deserve to suffer!

Well in all fairness, picking 8-8 is a pretty safe bet considering you are pretty much locked in to be at lease *close* to most teams

Bengals78
02-02-2012, 04:16 PM

10-6 (tenchar)

Caddy
02-02-2012, 04:17 PM

Technically, if he said they were going to go 8-8 or worse, he was 100% wrong!!!!

hockey619
02-02-2012, 04:17 PM

its funny, i thought the 9ers had a good shot at the gmen, and the packers had a good shot at the gmen.

but i never thought for a second that atlanta had even a prayer of beating the giants. their wasnt a single facet of their team that i thought was considerably better going into that game, i could not for the life of me understand what others were seeing.

MetSox17
02-02-2012, 04:18 PM

He projected they'd be awful this year and miss the playoffs. Let's not look for a cop out now.

This isn't in any way personal, btw. Just a friendly poke at him since i vehemently disagreed in some thread before the season started.

Ness
02-02-2012, 04:18 PM
Hey. Wrong is wrong. Take it like a man.

Rosebud
02-02-2012, 04:22 PM
He projected they'd be awful this year and miss the playoffs. Let's not look for a cop out now.

This isn't in any way personal, btw. Just a friendly poke at him since i vehemently disagreed in some thread before the season started.

Ah, well my bad then. You said he picked them to be 8-8 and mediocre, sneaking into the playoffs as a wild card and getting stomped isn't very different from that, but it is different from being awful. My mistake.

Rabscuttle
02-02-2012, 04:24 PM
People that want to defend the 7-9 Seahawks making the playoffs because of a bad record can point to this year's Falcons team as an example of why records can be seriously misleading.

I'd like to know how people sit through an entire Falcons game.

hockey619
02-02-2012, 04:29 PM

to be fair, he also said they are overrated.

he was obviously wrong on the record, but i think he was pretty dead on with the overrated aspect of it as they didnt beat anyone this year and got their clocks cleaned bad in the playoffs.

Jughead10
02-02-2012, 04:29 PM
People that want to defend the 7-9 Seahawks making the playoffs because of a bad record can point to this year's Falcons team as an example of why records can be seriously misleading.

Or the 10-6 Bucs last year. I didn't see this year coming but I thought they had zero chance of repeating 10-6. Forget about even getting better. I figured 7-9. But they just tanked it.

Bengals78
02-02-2012, 04:30 PM
Ah, well my bad then. You said he picked them to be 8-8 and mediocre, sneaking into the playoffs as a wild card and getting stomped isn't very different from that, but it is different from being awful. My mistake.

He said no better than 8-8 (implying worse than .500)
nitpicking time...

MetSox17
02-02-2012, 04:36 PM
The only difference is that the Seahawks backed into the playoffs, the Falcons made the playoffs in back to back seasons (not many teams can say this) and did it with a 13-3 (14-2? wtf was their record again?) and 10-6 records. They're obviously not built for the playoffs, but them being above average to good in the regular season is not a fluke.

Mufasa
02-02-2012, 04:56 PM
They were terrible overrated last year and it was a fluke. Saying they would be below .500 was a mistake, they are a 9-10 win team, but otherwise he's right. The Falcons weren't ever serious contenders last year and they weren't serious contenders this year. Pretty pathetic for you to be gloating about it.

D-Unit
02-02-2012, 04:59 PM
I wonder how many threads Metsox would have if he were called out for everything wrong he said... hmm....

Ness
02-02-2012, 05:24 PM
They were terrible overrated last year and it was a fluke. Saying they would be below .500 was a mistake, they are a 9-10 win team, but otherwise he's right. The Falcons weren't ever serious contenders last year and they weren't serious contenders this year. Pretty pathetic for you to be gloating about it.

Well hindsight is 20/20. It's easy to say that the Falcons weren't for real after what happened last year in the playoffs. The Falcons were a good team last season and I'd say they were contenders at the time because of how they dominated during the regular season and had the NFC's number one seed in their house.

Brent
02-02-2012, 05:26 PM
I wonder how many threads Metsox would have if he were called out for everything wrong he said... hmm....
Not a one, good sir!

NY+Giants=NYG
02-02-2012, 05:45 PM
I do believe the Falcons are over rated. However, I agree with MetSox..

I HATE YOU BBD! You should love the offense more than the defense. That is all!

ATLDirtyBirds
02-02-2012, 06:56 PM
While calling him out after our awful playoff performance may be a bit excessive, he certainly was wrong.

If I recall, Mr. BBD said they'd struggle to be 8-8 and wouldn't make the playoffs. And for all of you "LOL, they lost round one, OVERRRATED!" people, let's keep in mind the team a majority of people are picking to win the SB are the ones who defeated them, and the Giants were the higher seed. Doesn't really prove anything about being "overrated".

Bulldogs
02-02-2012, 07:52 PM

We're usually a pretty fun team to watch actually. But yeah, base it off one playoff game, that's cool.

Rabscuttle
02-02-2012, 08:36 PM
We're usually a pretty fun team to watch actually. But yeah, base it off one playoff game, that's cool.

I'm basing it off the other craptacular snoozefests I've tried to watch. The playoff reaming had nothing to do with my opinion of them being boring.

prock
02-02-2012, 08:42 PM
This is so god damned pointless. Why does there have to be a thread every time someone is off on a prediction? And the Falcons were incredibly overrated, he was off by a few wins, but it isn't a big deal. Dumb thread is dumb.

Brothgar
02-02-2012, 08:47 PM
http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/duty_calls.png

NY+Giants=NYG
02-02-2012, 08:58 PM
http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/duty_calls.png

Haha!

Well usually these threads and their starters get ripped. This is your typical "Look at me!" thread.

But Met seems like a good guy. The mods should delete these type of threads!

Borat
02-02-2012, 09:36 PM
My predictions usually suck so I'm really hoping this isn't going to become a trend.

ChiFan24
02-02-2012, 09:49 PM
I'd say BBD was 99% right. I said the same thing before the season. Borderline wild card team. Way overrated. Mike Mularkey was never qualified to run the type of offense they wanted to run.

MetSox17
02-02-2012, 10:52 PM
This is so god damned pointless. Why does there have to be a thread every time someone is off on a prediction? And the Falcons were incredibly overrated, he was off by a few wins, but it isn't a big deal. Dumb thread is dumb.

What's the point of making predictions in the first place if you aren't gonna discuss about whether you were right or wrong? It's funny how much offense some of you all are taking to a friendly jab about discussing a prediction, when half the the people in here make threads before the season start about their predictions or "thoughts". If you don't have a thick skin, gtfo of the internet, plain and simple.

Ness
02-02-2012, 10:57 PM
What's the point of making predictions in the first place if you aren't gonna discuss about whether you were right or wrong? It's funny how much offense some of you all are taking to a friendly jab about discussing a prediction, when half the the people in here make threads before the season start about their predictions or "thoughts". If you don't have a thick skin, gtfo of the internet, plain and simple.

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110323061850/halofanon/images/4/47/Meme_-_Clapping.gif

Brothgar
02-02-2012, 11:39 PM

So does that mean we are going to have 1000 threads for everyone who predicted the Rams would win the NFC West? or those who thought the Chargers were clear cut favorites to win the division? Its not so much making a thread to call someone out is wrong. But, in the grand scheme of things, what is the point of calling this particular prediction out as opposed to every other ****** prediction on the forum? Is it because you were slightly less wrong on this one?

MetSox17
02-02-2012, 11:43 PM
So does that mean we are going to have 1000 threads for everyone who predicted the Rams would win the NFC West? or those who thought the Chargers were clear cut favorites to win the division? Its not so much making a thread to call someone out is wrong. But, in the grand scheme of things, what is the point of calling this particular prediction out as opposed to every other ****** prediction on the forum? Is it because you were slightly less wrong on this one?

I stated the purpose of the thread in the original post... go back and re-read it if you're still unsure.

Brothgar
02-02-2012, 11:48 PM
I stated the purpose of the thread in the original post... go back and re-read it if you're still unsure.

*sigh* I like you MetSox I really do but your stated purpose was that you promised to do so. I don't think anyone would have been at all disappointed if you didn't, thus, following up on the promise was irrelevant. Or you called him out to make him eat crow. Which would have been more effective if you did so quoting the original text. But meh.

MetSox17
02-02-2012, 11:54 PM
I said the reason why i did it was because we had a heated back and forth discussion about it. I would have quoted original text if i could but it was before the season started and i can't even remember what thread it was or who started it.

Some of you are taking this way too seriously/personally. It wasn't made as a personal attack.

Ness
02-03-2012, 01:39 AM

I think it depends on the person. If they were clamoring around wavering their dick repeatedly and being an asshole about their prediction as if they couldn't possibly be incorrect, then they deserve to be called out.

TitanHope
02-03-2012, 02:55 AM
Per the Code of SWDC, this power play is legal due to the prominence of the two posters involved. BBD is honor bound to respond publically, and if he doesn't, Metsox gets his best goat...

...these are old rules...