PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Pac-12 Thread

hawkeye123
02-03-2012, 01:03 PM
With signing day over it's time to start looking into next season.

Ranking of the recruiting classes (top recruit), total recruits:
1. Stanford (Kyle Murphey, OT), 22
2. UCLA (Ellis McCarthy, DT), 28
3. USC (Nelson Agholor, WR), 15
4. Oregon (Arik Armstead, DE), 21
5. Washington (Shaquille Thompson, S), 25
6. Utah (Hiva Lutui, G), 28
7. Colorado (Yuri Wright, CB), 29
8. California (Bryce Treggs, WR), 19
9. Arizona State (DJ Foster, RB), 23
10. Oregon State (Isaac Seumalo, G), 24
11. Arizona (Dakota Conwell, LB), 24
12. Washington State (Gabriel Marks, WR), 26

hz714
02-06-2012, 01:36 AM
Washington Statehttp://acmili.info/g.gif

Borat
02-06-2012, 02:17 AM
Sucks that Cal lost out on Walter Payton's kid at the last minute.

Punisher
02-06-2012, 06:51 PM
Ranking UCLA's class over USC's this year is borderline ********.

hawkeye123
02-06-2012, 07:03 PM
Ranking UCLA's class over USC's this year is borderline ********.

Care to elaborate?

UCLA had a very impressive class with McCarthy, Fuller, Payton, and Adams on top and adding a lot more depth to their roster at every position. It's even more impressive considering they just brought in a new coaching staff.

Punisher
02-06-2012, 07:47 PM
Care to elaborate?

UCLA had a very impressive class with McCarthy, Fuller, Payton, and Adams on top and adding a lot more depth to their roster at every position. It's even more impressive considering they just brought in a new coaching staff.

Not saying they didn't have a fine class, but USC brought in the highest averaged class in the nation. Payton was thrown out of USC's class by the staff so I wouldn't factor him too much.

Complex
02-10-2012, 02:02 PM
Mitch Mustain signed a minor league deal the white Sox.

hawkeye123
04-23-2012, 03:05 AM
Some Pac-12 Spring news...

-Colorado has already experienced some key injuries. Nick Hirschman is out for the spring with a foot injury, looks like Texas Qb transfer Connor Wood is going to win the starting job. Wide receiver Paul Richardson, Colorado's best receiver is gonna miss the 2012 season with a knee injury. Big Blow for CU.

-Biggest news for Stanford's Spring is the quarterback competition to repluce Luck. It looks like its dwindled down to Nottingham and Nunes. Apparently Nunes took all the 1st team reps in the spring game and managed well.

-Cal is going to have a stout defense again next year. Young, but very talented and experienced unit. Their season is going to be dependent on Zach Maynard's performance, plain and simple.

-Qb competition for Washington State is Jeff Tuel vs Conner Halliday. Looks like Jeff Tuel has Mike Leach impressed and is the favorite.

-USC has depth issues on the D-Line and running back.

-RS Freshmen Brett Hundley is expected to win the starting quarterback spot for UCLA.

-Arizona State has a 3 way race for the starting Qb spot. Eubank, Kelly, Bercovici. Eubank has to be the favorite because of his freakish talent and because he was highly recruiting by coach Graham when he was at Pitt.

-Arizona is settled with their starting quarterback in Matt Scott. He is a great fit for Rich Rod's offense, but staying healthy will be key for UA, especially since they have almost nothing behind Scott at quarterback.

EricCartmann
04-26-2012, 01:44 AM
Barry Sanders Jr... well the name and bloodline alone has my attention

http://youtu.be/Xu9Q04L4a7k

fenikz
04-26-2012, 02:18 AM
I feel like ASU could be one of the worst teams in the country next year, entirely void of any NFL talent at this point besides RB & Junior Onyeali

BRAVEHEART
04-26-2012, 02:29 AM
I feel like ASU could be one of the worst teams in the country next year, entirely void of any NFL talent at this point besides RB & Junior Onyeali

Yeah, and just not a fan of Graham. I feel like Rich Rod is gonna run that state in the next couple years.

fenikz
04-26-2012, 03:00 AM
I doubt it he is a pretty terrible coach and no one wants to go to Tucson, All AZ prospects will continue to go to Texas, USC, & Nebraska

BRAVEHEART
04-26-2012, 03:14 AM
I doubt it he is a pretty terrible coach and no one wants to go to Tucson, All AZ prospects will continue to go to Texas, USC, & Nebraska

I guarantee AU>ASU for the next 5 years. Rich Rod won't get the blue-chippers in state, but the SoCal scraps will be more than enough to fuel that program for the time being. People act like what he couldn't accomplish at Michigan erases everything he did at West Virginia. He's gonna be working with more talent on the west-coast than he started out with in WV.

fenikz
04-26-2012, 03:46 AM
its UofA and I don't think anyone would argue that ASU is better than anyone, even their own fans

BRAVEHEART
04-26-2012, 02:03 PM
its UofA and I don't think anyone would argue that ASU is better than anyone, even their own fans

http://media.urbandictionary.com/image/page/niggaplease-17955.jpg

hawkeye123
05-06-2012, 02:12 AM
I feel like ASU could surprise some people. They have Brandon Magee, Junior Onyeali, and if Corey Adams can reach his potential that could be a very solid unit on defense. And if Eubank is as perfect of a fit as people are saying that offense will be scary with that deep running back core.

Bert Macklin
08-14-2012, 05:20 PM
**** could get serious

Rumor re: possible #Oregon sanctions. 4 years probation, 2 year bowl ban, 30 scholarships over 3 years. #Ducks #Pac12

No off campus recruiting for Campbell or Pellum in 2013. Rumor re: possible #Oregon sanctions. #Ducks #Pac12

Probably handle this like #USC did. Start serving bowl ban now & appeal the scholarship reductions so they don't take effect next yr

SickwithIt1010
08-14-2012, 05:30 PM
There have been whispers of Oregon sanctions for a while now, who knows when it will actually happen.

YAYareaRB
08-14-2012, 05:34 PM
the ncaa isn't playin around this year.

JoeJoeBrown
08-14-2012, 07:22 PM
What Oregon did was blatantly worse than what USC or OSU did. We will see how much almighty Nike can do to protect them.

hawkeye123
08-21-2012, 11:41 PM
Josh Nunes named the starting quarterback at Stanford. I thought for sure Nottingham had the job locked up.

soybean
08-30-2012, 09:11 PM
This really should be Tedford's last season. That team hasnt been a threat for a while now. Cal fans and students don't deserve this continued mediocrity.

soybean
09-02-2012, 02:56 PM
Couple of thoughts:

I thought Oregon was just a threat based off of reputation but even losing LaMichael James and Darron Thomas their offense just keeps rolling. They became a legitimate fear after yesterday. I guess that's just a testament to how good Chip Kelly is.

Mike Leach's debut was pretty underwhelming. Maybe he needs another year.

ASU won big vs a crap team, i got nothing.

Kudos to RR for winning his first game, against, I don't know what to say.

UCLA's offense actually looks somewhat formidable. Brent Hundley finally looks like the qb UCLA has been hoping and looking for. Their kicker sucks, and their defense needs help. If they beat Nebraska, then damn maybe this team is for real. Johnathon Franklin is a badass.

Probably the third best team in the conference, Keith Price will surprise a lot of people. I see some Russell Wilson in him. Price is a better passer though.

Stanfords going to suck this year.

Cal is terrible.

Colorado lost to Colorado state. Wish I could say I was surprised.

I don't know anything about Utah. boxscore says they are a pretty balanced team though. Guess I'll wait til they play a legit opponent.

USC's receivers had a lot of problem with the dropsies. Wish we could've shut out hawaii though. Barkley made the right decision to come back because if you look at his stats he's gotten better every year. Freshman year, First year starting he threw 14 tds 12 ints and had a 60 percent completion percentage.sophmore year 26-12-63%. Junior year last year 39-7-69%. So obviously he's going to go 54-0-78% this year! just kidding.

Alabama does scare me though.

hawkeye123
09-02-2012, 03:11 PM
Arizona State impressed me a ton. I know it was a against a mediocre Div II school but they looked very crisp and a lot more disciplined than Erickson's teams. Taylor Kelly looks like a perfect fit for Graham's system. They are absolutely stacked at running back. My biggest concern for ASU is their secondary.

Oregon was probably the most impressive. 50-3 half way through the 2nd quarter. Ridiculous. Mariota didn't look like a freshmen at all, looked composed and collected. This is Oregon's best defense under Kelly. Nov 3 vs USC at the Coliseum is going to be crazy.

I think Stanford will be fine. Probably won't make another BCS bowl game, but they'll still end up 9-3 or 8-4. They just need to figure out their offensive line. They were shuffling around players on the line throughout the game which caused a lot of mishaps and missed assignments.

Cal is a mess. Teford tries to make everything so damn complicated. He needs to stop being cute and trying to out-smart everyone and just use all the ultra talented players he has to his advantage. The game vs Ohio State could be ugly, if they couldn't contain Fajardo good luck trying to contain Braxton Miller.

soybean
09-02-2012, 03:45 PM
Yeah, Cal is going to get embarrassed but beacuse they're somewhat relevant on the national stage when Ohio State blows them out it'll only help Ohio State's reputation regardless of how bad the bears are.

Also, I hope we have a lot more blowouts this year so I and everyone else can see more of the USC back up qbs. Max Wittek had only 3 attempts but he looks good. When Barkley first started I wasn't that impressed with him throwing the ball. Wittek holds the ball in the right place, didn't panic and throw it right away. But mostly, the velocity he threw on the ball was outstanding. He's going to be a good one.

EDIT: anyone have a replay of the game?

SickwithIt1010
09-02-2012, 07:04 PM
Yeah, Cal is going to get embarrassed but beacuse they're somewhat relevant on the national stage when Ohio State blows them out it'll only help Ohio State's reputation regardless of how bad the bears are.

Also, I hope we have a lot more blowouts this year so I and everyone else can see more of the USC back up qbs. Max Wittek had only 3 attempts but he looks good. When Barkley first started I wasn't that impressed with him throwing the ball. Wittek holds the ball in the right place, didn't panic and throw it right away. But mostly, the velocity he threw on the ball was outstanding. He's going to be a good one.

EDIT: anyone have a replay of the game?

Im surprised to be honest that Wittek is the back up right now. Many people think Kessler is better and Max Browne will be an EE to come in and compete for the starting job next year as a freshman. Itll be interesting to see who gets the job.

YAYareaRB
09-03-2012, 02:08 PM
Nate Fakahafua.. keep an eye out on that Ute d line

niel89
09-03-2012, 04:16 PM
I've come back off the ledge for Stanford a little bit since the game. Stanford played bad but its still the first game and the team will get better/gel. Skov will be a big impact on defense next week and the offense will smooth out more.

I think I underrate San Jose St a little bit. They are in for a good year and are a better team that they get credit for.

soybean
09-06-2012, 01:43 AM
What Colorado should do is throw some big money at a big time coach or an up-and-coming coach/recruiter. A coach/recruiter is infinitely more important in CFB than the NFL imo.

niel89
09-06-2012, 03:39 PM
I think it's USC's league to lose but I still think Oregon is gonna be real tough. I put some money on them to win the championship because if they beat USC they could go all the way.

fenikz
09-06-2012, 05:06 PM
I say Bama crushes either team so it doesn't really matter

soybean
09-07-2012, 11:55 PM
I say Bama crushes either team so it doesn't really matter

You're right. Why even play the season? Let's all hand them the crystal ball right now.

Actually they shouldn't even be forced to play the rest of their schedule. Let them rest until January.

Then next season, let's do the same thing. No college football, just a ceremony for Alabama.

hawkeye123
09-08-2012, 05:37 PM
Yikes, Colorado lost to Sac State.

soybean
09-08-2012, 07:10 PM
I'll just go ahead and say if UCLA upsets Nebraska they'll be the third best team in the conference. I may have overrated Washington but conference wise they're pretty competitive. They just don't have the athletes to run with LSU.

fenikz
09-08-2012, 09:20 PM
You're right. Why even play the season? Let's all hand them the crystal ball right now.

Actually they shouldn't even be forced to play the rest of their schedule. Let them rest until January.

Then next season, let's do the same thing. No college football, just a ceremony for Alabama.

LSU always has a chance, just saying no one else does

SickwithIt1010
09-08-2012, 09:23 PM
LSU is gonna get smacked by Bama, Mettenberger isnt that impressive.

soybean
09-08-2012, 10:51 PM
ASU vs. UCLA for third place.

EDIT: our conference might not be terrible this year after all. if the arizona schools hold up their end of the bargain.

fenikz
09-08-2012, 11:38 PM
ASU is an entirely different team with Graham as HC, they seem disciplined for once

kalbears13
09-08-2012, 11:52 PM
ASU is an entirely different team with Graham as HC, they seem disciplined for once

The PAC-10 (see what I did there) is looking to be more competitive than expected. Especially the South.

soybean
09-09-2012, 01:06 AM
Damn rich rod laying the smack down. Guess he just couldn't handle the pressure of such a high profile school like Michigan.

also I watched the end of the ASU game and that defense looks NASTY. The were constantly in the backfield. One play for example Illinois was running a read option, one of the DE on ASU, Young, straight up tackled the rb with his left hand and the QB with his right hand. It was sick. I'm not exaggerating but their D straight up reminded me of Alabama and LSU. They were ****ing fast af.

Enough sun devil knob slobbing but just wanted to point out what I saw.

fenikz
09-09-2012, 01:25 AM
is Illinois even good? I know they didn't have their starting QB or whatever

soybean
09-09-2012, 01:29 AM
is Illinois even good? I know they didn't have their starting QB or whatever

Doubt it. But we'll see how good they really are next week. 100 points in 2 weeks is pretty impressive though.

niel89
09-09-2012, 03:15 AM
Stanford game went better than expected. Nunez did some nice things pre-snap like protection & moving safeties to get single coverage, but damn does he lock on and just telegraph his passes. The guy will just stare down his receiver as he crosses the field and then a defender will just jump it.

OL did better in the run game and gave Nunez time, but the drop off of losing 2 big talents is evident.

If Toilolo is singled up wide without safety help, just throw it to him. He has at least 8" on most corners. Redzone threat, just throw it up high.

I know its Duke but the defense played considerably better. Got good pressure and just made tackles. Skov makes a difference out there. Duke barely even attempted to run the ball, just a million short passes that were easy to complete but only got 2 yards. Great perimeter tackling by the corners. Duke only had less than 125 yards before garbage time kicked in.

Real good turn around from last week. Still gonna get crushed next week probably, but I'm more optimistic about the season now. I suppose Barkley gets to beat Stanford once eventually.

hawkeye123
09-09-2012, 11:50 PM
Awesome weekend for the Pac-12. 3-0 vs the Big Ten.

I don't think there's much of a question which is the stronger conference if Cal can beat Ohio State next week.

soybean
09-09-2012, 11:52 PM
Awesome weekend for the Pac-12. 3-0 vs the Big Ten.

I don't think there's much of a question which is the stronger conference if Cal can beat Ohio State next week.

cmon man... we all know that's not going to happen.

hawkeye123
09-09-2012, 11:56 PM
cmon man... we all know that's not going to happen.

I don't know, Cal is weird like that. They'll look terrible one week but the next week they'll come out and almost beat a team like Oregon.

If they can contain Braxton Miller, make him throw, and actually get the ball to Keenan Allen consistently it sure is possible.

BRAVEHEART
09-10-2012, 12:23 AM
CAL has the talent to do it, but I can't see them beating Corch Irvin Myers' Buckeyes. They'll shoot themselves in the foot on O, and their D (which usually looks good) has been **** the last two games.

SolidGold
09-10-2012, 07:16 AM
Nice weekend for Cal. Oregon St's defense might be for real - the really put the choke hold on a perennially strong Wisconsin running game. I can't wait to see them over the course of the season - especially against Oregon. Also - Sean Mannion bandwagon is open for people who want to jump on board!

fenikz
09-10-2012, 11:48 PM
Besides Colorado(obviously) there are a lot of good coaches now who seem to be building programs the right way

soybean
09-15-2012, 01:52 AM
I lowkey can't wait for the ASU vs. Missouri game.

soybean
09-17-2012, 12:33 PM
I still think we have a chance but we have to start blowing teams out and shutting teams down. Also obviously win the Pac-12 Championship game.

Stanford is going to struggle with Oregon, UCLA, Arizona and ASU I think.

Babylon
09-17-2012, 05:11 PM
I still think we have a chance but we have to start blowing teams out and shutting teams down. Also obviously win the Pac-12 Championship game.

Stanford is going to struggle with Oregon, UCLA, Arizona and ASU I think.

Not liking their chances of beating Oregon twice.

nobodyinparticular
09-23-2012, 03:14 PM
Did anyone expect the Ducks to shut out Arizona last night?

That defense had some HUGE plays.

BRAVEHEART
09-23-2012, 03:33 PM
Did anyone expect the Ducks to shut out Arizona last night?

That defense had some HUGE plays.

Nope, didn't see that coming.

hawkeye123
09-30-2012, 12:55 AM
Cal is just a mess.

Maynard was 9/28 today.

Raiderz4Life
09-30-2012, 01:17 AM
You're a Cal fan???

Raiderz4Life
09-30-2012, 01:33 AM
CU, the second worst team in college football.

That's what I figured. But everyone was talking about Cal, just had to make sure.

hawkeye123
09-30-2012, 01:35 AM
Oregon State is looking very impressive. 3rd straight win vs a quality opponent, 2nd on the road.

niel89
10-01-2012, 03:21 PM
Honestly my new bet for the year is just betting against Colorado each week.

I'm also going to fly out for the Stanford/Colorado game later this year so that should be fun. I've been out to a couple Broncos games and I've enjoyed the area.

hawkeye123
10-04-2012, 07:46 PM
I don't get why Zach Maynard hasn't been benched yet. He has zero mobility, terrible pocket presence, and easily the worst accuracy i've seen from a college quarterback.

Are the backups that bad?

soybean
10-05-2012, 11:57 PM
Mike Riley has been legit. I wouldn't be surprised to see him take a job at a big time SEC school if they offer.

Same with Sark, I think he would jump at the chance to be able to coach at a bigger named school.

BRAVEHEART
10-06-2012, 04:36 PM
Mike Riley has been legit. I wouldn't be surprised to see him take a job at a big time SEC school if they offer.

Same with Sark, I think he would jump at the chance to be able to coach at a bigger named school.

Naw, he'll stay at OS forEVVEERRR. Not like he's turned down big-time jobs before.

SickwithIt1010
10-06-2012, 05:58 PM
Riley was mentioned as one of SC's targets when they were looking for a coach. I dont remember if he turned it down or they just offered Kiff first.

Sark is a tougher one for me. I think he would wanna stay on the west coast because of his ties to California but I guess if someone like Arkansas or Tenn came calling with a fatty pay check he might bounce.

hawkeye123
10-08-2012, 06:23 PM
Sean Mannion is out indefinitely. Oh man that is a huge blow for Oregon State.

SolidGold
10-08-2012, 09:31 PM
Sean Mannion is out indefinitely. Oh man that is a huge blow for Oregon State.

bahhhhh that sucks. They have been a great surprise team this year and Mannion is one of the best young underclassmen QBs in college football.

BRAVEHEART
10-09-2012, 04:45 AM
Riley was mentioned as one of SC's targets when they were looking for a coach. I dont remember if he turned it down or they just offered Kiff first.

Sark is a tougher one for me. I think he would wanna stay on the west coast because of his ties to California but I guess if someone like Arkansas or Tenn came calling with a fatty pay check he might bounce.

Riley turned down Mike Garrett's offer.

soybean
10-12-2012, 01:08 AM
I think Stanford can give Notre Dame a game but though they both struggle offensively Notre Dame's defense is way better than Stanford's.

Notre Dame is favored by 8.

descendency
10-12-2012, 01:40 AM
I think Stanford can give Notre Dame a game but though they both struggle offensively Notre Dame's defense is way better than Stanford's.

Think about how wrong you would have been if you said this 2-3 years ago. It's amazing how far both of these teams have gone...

soybean
10-27-2012, 09:40 PM
I'm still a big believer in Lane Kiffen but he's not there yet as an elite FB coach. It's atrocious that this team is last in penalties in fbs. Having a team with so many egos, you have to be able to put em in their place instead of having them act like and think they're badasses. 15 yard penalties are inexcuable.

I guess we were definitely overrated coming into this season. The defense needs a big time change in coaching, particularly in the secondary. Playmakers all over the field yet they allow a 3rd and 22 to turn into a 60 yard gain.

The good thing is that Lane is an elite recruiter so when new talent comes in next year, hopefully we have some fresh blood to put out on the field. I hope this debacle of a season doesn't make recruits waiver from their decision.

I hope we beat Oregon but I can't see it right now. I think Oregon makes it to the NCG.

/rant

soybean
10-27-2012, 11:01 PM
Another little tid bit. Notre Dame had 1 penalty and 0 turnovers today.

We had around 13 penalties and 5 turnovers.

hawkeye123
11-03-2012, 07:21 PM
Looks like Kevin Hogan has taken over the starting quarterback position for Stanford.

niel89
11-06-2012, 10:40 PM
I have to take it with a massive grain of salt, but Hogan was head and shoulders above Nunes. The team just responded to him being out there. He lead some nice scoring drives. He is just more decisive, especially when just tucking it to run. This was all on the Colorado defense, but it gives me hope. Plus its better to get a redshirt freshman experience instead of a senior like Nunes.

Side note: I went to Colorado for the game, and sweet jesus its beautiful out there. If I was ever banned from California, Colorado would be my first choice. Colorado had a great stadium too. I can't say enough good things about the trip.

soybean
11-08-2012, 02:40 PM
Heard this on college football live today, made me laugh in my head:

"Terrible News for Cal! Quarterback Zach Maynard is out for this Saturday's game against Oregon with an apparent knee sprain. QB Allan Bridgford will be in replace of Maynard"

SickwithIt1010
11-08-2012, 03:24 PM
Terrible huh?

Oregon is 28 point favorites. Initial reaction is to throw down 100.

soybean
11-10-2012, 11:05 PM
The USC vs UCLA next week is going to be great game. First time in a while I don't think we'll roll em. everyone should tune in.

nobodyinparticular
11-11-2012, 12:39 AM
The USC vs UCLA next week is going to be great game. First time in a while I don't think we'll roll em. everyone should tune in.

Ill be watching for sure. Whoever wins will play Oregon for the Pac-12 Championship.

I will be pulling for whoever will aid Oregon's title hopes. I would think UCLA is a better opponent in the championship game.

soybean
11-13-2012, 04:44 PM
As of right now we're favored by 3.

soybean
11-18-2012, 11:59 AM
This conference is to offense what the SEC is to defense, except we don't get overrated for it.

There's so many good qbs in this conference it's ridiculous.

Mariota
Barkley
Price
Mannion
Hogan
Scott
Kelly
Hundley

Lot of good teams this coming year. Doubt anyone will go undefeated for a while.

Also, regarding this Kiffen thing. First of all, he needs to fire his dad this coming year. If their defense is much improved and they still finish with 7-8 wins he needs to be fired. Being last in CFB in penalties is inexcusable. I honestly believe, without penalteis and dumb turnovers we've only been out played once this year, Oregon.

hawkeye123
11-18-2012, 06:54 PM
The Pac-12 will have 8 teams playing for bowl games this year.

YAYareaRB
11-23-2012, 08:48 PM
I hope Cal gets a coach that can better utilize the talent they have every year. Any ideas?

soybean
11-25-2012, 12:37 AM
I was pretty impressed with Wittek today. future first rounder from the looks of it.

strongest arm we've had in a while.

SickwithIt1010
11-25-2012, 11:35 PM
I'm personally hoping for Max Browne to start from day 1, but we will see.

JHL6719
11-25-2012, 11:54 PM
[QUOTE=soybean;3184755]This conference is to offense what the SEC is to defense, except we don't get overrated for it.

Mariota
Barkley
Price
Mannion
Hogan
Scott
Kelly
Hundley
/QUOTE]

Yeah your Pac-12 QB's and offenses are ridiculous against SEC defenses.

Keith Price was spectacular against LSU where he couldn't complete 50% of his passes, was sacked 4 times, and threw 0 TD's on his way to being picked off in a 41-3 blowout.

Same for Taylor Kelly in a loss against Missouri, which is about the worst team in the SEC.

Oregon's offense was incredible against LSU last year and Auburn the year before.

Furthermore, the Pac-12 does get overrated due to their offense. USC being voted #1 prior to the season is all the proof you need.

Jesus kid, find a clue. Seriously.

soybean
11-26-2012, 12:11 AM

Keith Price was spectacular against LSU where he couldn't complete 50% of his passes, was sacked 4 times, and threw 0 TD's on his way to being picked off in a 41-3 blowout.

Same for Taylor Kelly in a loss against Missouri, which is about the worst team in the SEC.

Oregon's offense was incredible against LSU last year and Auburn the year before.

Furthermore, the Pac-12 does get overrated due to their offense. USC being voted #1 prior to the season is all the proof you need.

Washington just doesn't have the players nor will they in a long time have the athletes to compete against teams the top OOC teams like LSU.

Taylor Kelly is just a sophomore who played Missouri tight. Not that much of an equivalent but both teams were mediocre this year and Missouri won by 4.

Oregon scored the most points against LSU than any other team last year so I'm not sure what you're driving at.

Were they outmatched by LSU and Auburn (arguably the two best teams their respective years)? absolutely. But I don't understand how you can knock their offense.

And this talk is about our offense not overall team. If you want to use us this year as an example go ahead but we were able to score on anybody in the country. Did we underachieve as a team, hell yeah. If you took our offense against any other team in the country would we be right there with them? of course.

EDIT: also, i never said the SEC defenses were overrated. I said the teams get overrated for it.

SickwithIt1010
11-26-2012, 05:23 PM

You just love taking SEC **** don't you? The SEC is FULL of elite talent at QB let me tell ya!

All HAIL METTENSAVIOR!! ******* please. How does it feel to know that the best QB in your conference is basically playing for a Big 12 team?

BuckeyeDan17
11-26-2012, 05:50 PM
[QUOTE=soybean;3184755]This conference is to offense what the SEC is to defense, except we don't get overrated for it.

Mariota
Barkley
Price
Mannion
Hogan
Scott
Kelly
Hundley
/QUOTE]

You need to get yourself a ******* napkin and wipe LSU's spunk off your face.

JHL6719
11-26-2012, 08:51 PM
You just love taking SEC **** don't you? The SEC is FULL of elite talent at QB let me tell ya!

All HAIL METTENSAVIOR!! ******* please. How does it feel to know that the best QB in your conference is basically playing for a Big 12 team?

To the contrary. You're the **** talker that's still apparently too stupid to realize a few things...

1. The SEC does quite well with their quarterbacks

2. There are no elite quarterbacks in the Pac-12

3. The SEC has about 8 QB's that take a dump on the best the Pac-12 has to offer

4. The SEC plays for championships... not for the purpose of hyping up overrated, stat padding quarterbacks like the Pac-12 and Big-12

5. Matt Barkley sucks

To answer your question, it feels pretty good to have Johnny Football as the best QB in the conference.... I hope that Heisman Trophy looks great on his mantle while we're busy winning our 3rd national title in 4 years with this bum McCarron. (see #4 above)

By the way, Aaron Murray and A.J. McCarron lead the nation in passing efficiency.

I can't imagine what Matt Barkley and the rest of the Pac-12 QB's lead the country in other than overhype, losses, and disappointment.

You idiots out on the west coast might actually win something one of these days once you realize you have to tackle somebody. Stanford tries to provide a blueprint for you nimrods every year. But again, you can't fix stupid.

Football is completely lost on the hip-hip generation.

SickwithIt1010
11-26-2012, 09:08 PM
To the contrary. You're the **** talker that's still apparently too stupid to realize a few things...

1. The SEC does quite well with their quarterbacks

2. There are no elite quarterbacks in the Pac-12

3. The SEC has about 8 QB's that take a dump on the best the Pac-12 has to offer

4. The SEC plays for championships... not for the purpose of hyping up overrated, stat padding quarterbacks like the Pac-12 and Big-12

5. Matt Barkley sucks

To answer your question, it feels pretty good to have Johnny Football as the best QB in the conference.... I hope that Heisman Trophy looks great on his mantle while we're busy winning our 3rd national title in 4 years with this bum McCarron. (see #4 above)

By the way, Aaron Murray and A.J. McCarron lead the nation in passing efficiency.

I can't imagine what Matt Barkley and the rest of the Pac-12 QB's lead the country in other than overhype, losses, and disappointment.

You idiots out on the west coast might actually win something one of these days once you realize you have to tackle somebody. Stanford tries to provide a blueprint for you nimrods every year. But again, you can't fix stupid.

Football is completely lost on the hip-hip generation.

Johnny Manziel was recruited to play on a Big 12 roster so you can't brag about him, sorry.

Aaron Murray plays like **** against good teams, and McCarron is showing his true colors again, playing in a babied offense with elite running backs. Mettenberger sucks, Driskell is nowhere near ready, Shaw is whatever, Bray is a bum, so who the **** are you talking about?

You suck dick like a pro my friend.

JoeJoeBrown
11-26-2012, 09:11 PM
why are you so mad?

Evidently a good portion of his self worth is based on Alabama football. Don't mess with it.

JoeJoeBrown
11-26-2012, 09:30 PM
apparently. i didn't think this thread was all that provocative.

It wasn't even remotely provocative. You can't grok the mind of a fanatic.

JHL6719
11-26-2012, 09:37 PM
why are you so mad?

This was for me? Shoot... why I'm happier'n a duck on a junebug. :^)

JHL6719
11-26-2012, 09:49 PM
Johnny Manziel was recruited to play on a Big 12 roster so you can't brag about him, sorry.

Aaron Murray plays like **** against good teams, and McCarron is showing his true colors again, playing in a babied offense with elite running backs. Mettenberger sucks, Driskell is nowhere near ready, Shaw is whatever, Bray is a bum, so who the **** are you talking about?

You suck dick like a pro my friend.

I'm not bragging about him, you are. The point is, I couldn't care less if Johnny Manziel is the best QB in the conference.... nor does anyone else in the SEC to my knowledge. They all just want to beat Texas A&M.

Again, we like to focus our attention on more important things.

You're trying to make something seem more important than what it is... because you still don't grasp the concept that nobody cares about having the best quarterback in the conference around here... they care about winning championships.

Winning championships will still be what's most important long after Johnny Football, A.J. McCarron, and anybody else is long gone.

I understand arguing over whose QB is the best is the only thing you Pac-12 folk have to argue over, but it's a mistake to assume that's what everyone around the country focuses on.

JHL6719
11-26-2012, 10:08 PM
you realize no one in this thread was really arguing until you came in, right?

I don't know about that. I just happened to run across soybean's post and felt the need to reply with a few facts. He said his piece, I said mine. It was over. Let him have the last word.

Then here comes loudmouth like he always does jumping into my conversations typing curse words and just being a prick in general. We like to curse each other out about once a month it seems. We've done for about a year or so now I suppose. He's still sore because he wouldn't listen to me the first dozen times I tried to.... help him out.

I stick out because every now and then I like to jump in on some of the SEC hate around here. Everyone else just blends in together I suppose because there's so much of it and so few of me.

Everything is fine though in my estimation. I'm sure we'll cross paths again down the road... probably around the time the SEC hoists another trophy.

niel89
11-26-2012, 10:17 PM
Mark Ingram's Heisman was a complete mistake. Toby Gerhart > Mark Ingram.

SickwithIt1010
11-26-2012, 11:45 PM
I don't know about that. I just happened to run across soybean's post and felt the need to reply with a few facts. He said his piece, I said mine. It was over. Let him have the last word.

Then here comes loudmouth like he always does jumping into my conversations typing curse words and just being a prick in general. We like to curse each other out about once a month it seems. We've done for about a year or so now I suppose. He's still sore because he wouldn't listen to me the first dozen times I tried to.... help him out.

I stick out because every now and then I like to jump in on some of the SEC hate around here. Everyone else just blends in together I suppose because there's so much of it and so few of me.

Everything is fine though in my estimation. I'm sure we'll cross paths again down the road... probably around the time the SEC hoists another trophy.

No you came in here to let us know you like SEC dick and bash on the Pac 12. Just go do your dick sucking in the SEC thread you made, no one wants to listen to your ****. You didnt come in here to state facts, or do anything of the sort.

JoeJoeBrown
11-27-2012, 12:25 AM
No you came in here to let us know you like SEC dick and bash on the Pac 12. Just go do your dick sucking in the SEC thread you made, no one wants to listen to your ****. You didnt come in here to state facts, or do anything of the sort.

Sick, calm down man. He is trolling you hard and you have let yourself get too worked up over it.

SickwithIt1010
11-27-2012, 12:28 AM
Sick, calm down man. He is trolling you hard and you have let yourself get too worked up over it.

You're right...my juices are flowing too much right now. Goosfraba

soybean
11-27-2012, 09:40 PM
Here's the Pac-12 schedule rotation for next year

ARIZONA

Home: ORE, UCLA, UTAH, WSU.

Away: ASU, CAL, COLO, USC, WASH

Miss: Oregon State, Stanford

ARIZONA STATE

Home: ARIZ, COLO, OSU, USC, WASH

Away: STAN, UCLA, UTAH, WSU

Miss: California, Oregon

CALIFORNIA

Home: ARIZ, OSU, USC, WSU.

Away: COLO, ORE, STAN, UCLA, WASH

Miss: Arizona State, Utah

COLORADO

Home: ARIZ, CAL, ORE, USC.

Away: ASU, OSU, UCLA, UTAH, WASH

Miss: Stanford, Washington State

OREGON

Home: CAL, OSU, UCLA, UTAH, WSU.

Away: ARIZ, COLO, STAN, WASH

Miss: Arizona State, USC

OREGON STATE

Home: COLO, STAN, USC, WASH.

Away: ASU, CAL, ORE, UTAH, WSU

Miss: Arizona, UCLA

STANFORD

Home: ASU, CAL, ORE, UCLA, WASH.

Away: OSU, USC, UTAH, WSU

Miss: Arizona, Colorado

UCLA

Home: ASU, CAL, COLO, WASH.

Away: ARIZ, ORE, STAN, USC, UTAH

Miss: Oregon State, Washington State

USC

Home: ARIZ, STAN, UCLA, UTAH, WSU.

Away: ASU, CAL, COLO, OSU

Miss: Washington, Oregon

UTAH

Home: ASU, COLO, OSU, STAN, UCLA.

Away: ARIZ, ORE, USC, WSU

Miss: California, Washington

WASHINGTON

Home: ARIZ, CAL, COLO, ORE, WSU.

Away: ASU, OSU, STAN, UCLA

Miss: Utah, USC

WASHINGTON STATE

Home: ASU, OSU, STAN, UTAH.

Away: ARIZ, CAL, ORE, USC, WASH

Miss: UCLA, Colorado

Link (http://espn.go.com/blog/pac12/post/_/id/50194/pac-12-schedule-rotation-for-2013)

soybean
11-27-2012, 09:41 PM
We have a really really favorable schedule it looks like. Corvallis is and always will be tough for us.

JoeJoeBrown
11-27-2012, 09:53 PM
We have a really really favorable schedule it looks like. Corvallis is and always will be tough for us.

Almost as pathetic as Ohio State's schedule.

soybean
11-27-2012, 10:41 PM
Almost as pathetic as Ohio State's schedule.

Well, our OOC games are Hawaii, BC, Utah State and ND.

Hawaii and BC are definite cupcakes but Utah State balled out this year and ND will be a National Champion or runner up.

Plus we didn't avoid Oregon or Stanford, we just played them already this year.

Hopefully our two teams meet in the Rose Bowl/NCG Playoff.

JoeJoeBrown
11-27-2012, 11:06 PM
Well, our OOC games are Hawaii, BC, Utah State and ND.

Hawaii and BC are definite cupcakes but Utah State balled out this year and ND will be a National Champion or runner up.

Plus we didn't avoid Oregon or Stanford, we just played them already this year.

Hopefully our two teams meet in the Rose Bowl/NCG Playoff.

I hate how the B1G is rotating teams (OSU doesn't play Nebraska in the regular season until something like 2017). Also I hate how OSU has scheduled a bunch of OOC patsies this year and next. At least in 14 they have VT.

I would love for another USC/OSU game. Classic matchup.