PDA

View Full Version : Teams that miss playoffs in 2012

jrdrylie
02-05-2012, 09:06 PM
Congratulations to the Giants for winning the Super Bowl. With the 2011 season in the rear view mirror, it's time to look forward to 2012. Every year like clockwork, five teams miss the playoffs that made it the year before. So who do you think those five will be next season? My guess...

Cincinnati
Denver
Detroit
Atlanta
San Francisco

Brodeur
02-05-2012, 09:19 PM
A Chicago fan picking against Detroit next season? I am stunned at this notion.

jrdrylie
02-05-2012, 09:26 PM
That was the hardest one. But I wanted to come up with five. It was between them and the Giants. I actually think the Giants are more likely but I didn't want to pick the Super Bowl champs to miss the playoffs.

Bulldogs
02-05-2012, 09:28 PM
Denver
Cincinatti
Pittsburgh
Detroit

It's really tough to choose though.

ShutDwn
02-05-2012, 09:34 PM
Congratulations to the Giants for winning the Super Bowl. With the 2011 season in the rear view mirror, it's time to look forward to 2012. Every year like clockwork, five teams miss the playoffs that made it the year before. So who do you think those five will be next season? My guess...

Cincinnati
Denver
Detroit
Atlanta
San Francisco

I could see them missing if they play teams as close as they did this year, but if the defense continues to play at that level I think they've got a strong shot considering the division they're in. All depends on the QB.

Detriot is going to have it rough. I'm not sure if they beat a playoff team all year and their schedule should have tougher opponents. The second year is what really separates the great teams. John Fox never posted back to back winning years in Carolina so obviously I don't expect him to change his ways in Denver.

Brodeur
02-05-2012, 09:38 PM
Detriot is going to have it rough. I'm not sure if they beat a playoff team all year and their schedule should have tougher opponents. The second year is what really separates the great teams. John Fox never posted back to back winning years in Carolina so obviously I don't expect him to change his ways in Denver.

Rams, Seahawks, Texans, Colts, Falcons, Bears, Packers, Vikings at home and Cards, 49ers, Jags, Titans, Cowboys, Bears, Packers Vikings on the road. Their schedule is not that tough really. Anyways...

Giants
Ravens
Steelers
Broncos
Falcons

Pat Sims 90
02-05-2012, 09:42 PM
Falcons
Broncos
Bengals
Steelers
Giants

I think this thread should be brought up after FA and the Draft.

ShutDwn
Rams, Seahawks, Texans, Colts, Falcons, Bears, Packers, Vikings at home and Cards, 49ers, Jags, Titans, Cowboys, Bears, Packers Vikings on the road. Their schedule is not that tough really. Anyways...

Giants
Ravens
Steelers
Broncos
Falcons

Playing the NFC west really helps out a team.

I could see the Giants not making it, they're very emotionally driven in my opinion. Capable of getting hot but not as stable as others, can't criticize with the results though.

VikesWookie
Giants- the East is competitive a couple of plays bounce the other way, the G-Men don't make it.
Broncos- the Chargers won't be down for long... Donkeys aren't an 11-12 win team.
Texans- i wonder what Schaub would've done/ not done with this team down the stretch.

3 is it tho...

PoopSandwich
02-05-2012, 09:43 PM

Giants
Ravens
Steelers
Broncos
Falcons

Who the hell do you have winning the AFC North? Cinci?

Brodeur
02-05-2012, 09:45 PM
Who the hell do you have winning the AFC North? Cinci?

For now, yeah. Could easily change.

phlysac
02-05-2012, 09:51 PM
Playing the NFC west really helps out a team.

How long will this perception persist?

The NFC West had as many victories as the NFC East and 4 more than the AFC South.

jrdrylie
02-05-2012, 09:53 PM

Giants
Ravens
Steelers
Broncos
Falcons

That schedule actually looks pretty hard to me. Niners, Bears, Packers, and Cowboys on the road should all be difficult. Texans, Falcons, Bears, and Packers at home are tough. And I think either Seattle or Arizona will get a good QB next year and be much better. I think 10-6 is definitely attainable again. But that doesn't always get you into the playoffs.

VikesWookie
02-05-2012, 10:08 PM
" It's not who you play, it's when you play them..." - someone a bit smarter than i ;)

PoopSandwich
02-05-2012, 10:16 PM
For now, yeah. Could easily change.

I just don't see Cinci matching this years performance last year. They had a hard time with good teams and barely squeaked out wins against ****** teams like the Browns. Another year may help them gel obviously but Pitt will be healthy next year and I don't see Balt dropping off.

descendency
02-05-2012, 10:22 PM
Denver, Detroit, Atlanta, Pittsburgh, New England.

You guys aren't counting the Super Bowl loser?

TitanHope
02-05-2012, 11:26 PM

The NFC West had as many victories as the NFC East and 4 more than the AFC South.

The same NFC East that had a 9-7 division champion and AFC South that had a team that nearly went winless and a team that was led by Blaine Gabbert? Cause...that's not really that impressive. Especially the AFC South, but people will overlook them since they've usually been a good division, and this year people saw Houston be decimated by injuries, probably costing them an additional 2 wins, Tennessee go 9-7 in a transitional year with a potential QB waiting in the wings, Indy be without Peyton Manning all season, and the Jags deal with injuries while starting a rookie QB who played horribly. Not that they'll be much more competitive next year, with Houston and Tennessee probably being the only competitive teams again, but it'll take another year of sucking before the AFC South starts getting called out.

As of now, the NFC West is really just the 49ers, and they make the rest of the division look better if you combine the wins from all four teams. If you take away the division winner's record from the total wins amount, then the NFC West has the 2nd lowest win amount - only the AFC South is worse. And when playing non-NFC West opponents, the Cards, Seahawks, and Rams all had losing records. So yeah, the perception persists cause it's true. The only difference is now the division winner actually deserves to host a playoff game.

When the division winner goes 12-4 and two other teams are .500 or better, and they're winning against teams outside the division, then people will look at the NFC West differently.

AntoinCD
02-06-2012, 04:49 AM
Denver Broncos-They had an amzing streak in the middle of the season and just barely got in this year. They are still two or three pieces away on both offense and defense before being legitimate challengers. Oakland are the best team in the AFC West and if they don't screw themselves again should win the division.

Baltimore Ravens-This is a tough one for the AFC North. Both the Ravens and Steelers defenses are aging but I would give the slight edge to Baltimore. Baltimore also have Ray Rice. But if you offer me Roethlisberger, Mike Wallace, Antonio Brown and Emmanuel Sanders or Joe Flacco, Anquan Boldin, Torrey Smith and Lee Evans then it's not even close. Plus I don't see Baltimore sweeping Pittsburgh again.

Cincinnati Bengals-The Bengals have a better chance of making the playoffs next year than Baltimore in my opinion. Not only do they have a younger defense but they also have two mid first round picks to fill major holes. If they address the interior offensive line and go BPA at 17 and 21 then they should be good. But I think teams with a full year of film on Andy Dalton may cause him to have a slight sophomore slump.

New York Giants-Just for sour grapes!!! But seriously they barely made it in this year because they got hot at the right time. Next year they have to play with a target on their back and you can be all but sure the Eagles won't be as big a disappointment. The NFC East looks tough again.

Atlanta Falcons-The Falcons are a middle of the pack team IMO. Carolina were never going to threaten the playoffs this year and Tampa Bay rolling over just made it easier. The Bucs will probably be as bad next year but the Panthers should be better and the Saints in a dome twice a year is not nice. They need to run the ball better because Matt Ryan hasn't taken the neccessary steps in the last year or two.

BuddyCHRIST
02-06-2012, 05:24 AM
Falcons (w/ Eagles)
Broncos (w/ Chargers)
Cincy (w/ Jets)
Houston (w/ Titans)

Is all I got.

There's going to be some out of nowhere team that makes it though...

I'm guessing the Colts.

Brent
02-06-2012, 06:35 AM
Cincinnati
Houston
New England
Baltimore
Pittsburgh
Denver

Detroit
New Orleans
San Francisco
Green Bay
Atlanta
NY Giants

jrdrylie
02-06-2012, 08:19 AM

The Super Bowl loser has made the playoffs the following season each of the last three seasons. Unless Brady has a season ending injury again, I think the Patriots will be fine.

Falcons (w/ Eagles)
Broncos (w/ Chargers)
Cincy (w/ Jets)
Houston (w/ Titans)

Is all I got.

There's going to be some out of nowhere team that makes it though...

I'm guessing the Colts.

I think with the Colts cleaning house, a ton of the free agents are going to leave. Manning, Wayne, Mathis, and Saturday could all leave. I can't really guess who the out of nowhere team is going to be. It could be Washington if they get Manning or Miami if they get Flynn. If I had to guess, I'd say Seattle.

Sloopy
02-06-2012, 08:48 AM

Giants
Ravens
Steelers
Broncos
Falcons

So Cincinnati wins the division? LOL

They should have a pretty tough schedule this year as well. Not to mention their shouldn't be all that much fall off for the Steelers and Ravens.

Ravens OL might suffer a bit as I doubt we resign Grubbs and Birk retires.

Ray isn't retiring though and the defense should still be dominant.

I don't see them being as good, but I doubt they miss the playoffs.

However, Cinci will probably have trouble duplicating their success

prock
02-06-2012, 08:52 AM
However, Cinci will probably have trouble duplicating their success

Why's that?

noondog
02-06-2012, 09:38 AM

Cincinnati
Denver
Detroit
Atlanta
San Francisco

The NFC North plays the NFC West and AFC South next season. Pack/Lions/Bears also each have two games with Minny. I could actually see both NFC wildcards coming out of the NFC North.

Bengals78
02-06-2012, 09:40 AM
Why's that?

Our schedule isnt terribly easy but not THAT hard either.
AFC West
NFC East
Jags and Phins.

We barely lost to the good teams in the regular season. Outside of the week 13 Pitt game, we lost by a touchdown or less to playoff teams.

If we are smart in FA and use our 2 first rounders well, we could easily do it again.

Bulldogs
02-06-2012, 09:54 AM
The NFC North plays the NFC West and AFC South next season. Pack/Lions/Bears also each have two games with Minny. I could actually see both NFC wildcards coming out of the NFC North.

Obviously this is months too early but I highly doubt it. I don't see both either of the Saints/Falcons giving up that spot easy, and I think the Eagles/Cowboys will both also make pushes for the spot.

Sloopy
02-06-2012, 09:55 AM
Why's that?

They squeaked into the playoffs as the last wild card team this year.

Their schedule won't be significantly harder but it will still be harder and I hardly see them winning the division.

Could they get in on another wild card? Sure, but I doubt that they win the division while the Steelers and Ravens miss out which was Brody's prediction.

Not to mention their defense severely missed JJ this year and now you can add question marks around Hall with his Achilles tendon tear. Dude may never be the same. This could mean trouble for the defense if it isn't addressed this off season or through FA.

We will also have to see if the ginger cannon can avoid the sophomore slump in a division with some great defenses who now have more film on him.

Other than their harder schedule, key players with question marks, and my prediction the Dalton slumps a bit this year; I guess just gut feeling.

If we are smart in FA and use our 2 first rounders well, we could easily do it again.

The offseason will be huge for you guys this year. I don't know if anyone in the draft falls to you guys at corner and might need to be addressed in FA (Finnegan?)

Ness
02-06-2012, 12:43 PM
The 49ers could easily miss the playoffs if they don't get their passing offense on track. 49ers face a boatload of passing teams in 2012. They have a hard schedule coming up.

Home
Arizona
St. Louis
Seattle
Chicago
Detroit
Buffalo
Miami
N.Y. Giants

Away
Arizona
St. Louis
Seattle
Green Bay
Minnesota
New England
New York Jets
New Orleans

Bengals78
02-06-2012, 02:06 PM
They squeaked into the playoffs as the last wild card team this year.

Their schedule won't be significantly harder but it will still be harder and I hardly see them winning the division.

Could they get in on another wild card? Sure, but I doubt that they win the division while the Steelers and Ravens miss out which was Brody's prediction.

Not to mention their defense severely missed JJ this year and now you can add question marks around Hall with his Achilles tendon tear. Dude may never be the same. This could mean trouble for the defense if it isn't addressed this off season or through FA.

We will also have to see if the ginger cannon can avoid the sophomore slump in a division with some great defenses who now have more film on him.

Other than their harder schedule, key players with question marks, and my prediction the Dalton slumps a bit this year; I guess just gut feeling.

The offseason will be huge for you guys this year. I don't know if anyone in the draft falls to you guys at corner and might need to be addressed in FA (Finnegan?)

Id LOVE Finnegan in FA. We should have the cap space to fix our secondary in FA which is what we should do. Get a SS and CB in FA and build the lines in the draft. We have ignored the interior lines so bad of late on both sides of the ball and it killed us.

The Alex
02-06-2012, 02:20 PM
Denver
Cincinnati
New England
Pittsburgh

Can't decide on a 5th.

abaddon41_80
02-07-2012, 09:17 AM
Even if the 49ers don't improve at all I don't see any of the other NFC West teams being good enough to overtake them

jrdrylie
02-07-2012, 09:18 AM
Even if the 49ers don't improve at all I don't see any of the other NFC West teams being good enough to overtake them

Seattle and Arizona could overtake San Francisco if they get a QB. If either of them get Matt Flynn or Peyton Manning, I think they could definitely win the division.

abaddon41_80
02-07-2012, 09:25 AM
Peyton Manning? Possibly if he is healthy. Matt Flynn? No. People said the same thing about Kevin Kolb last year. But even if the Seahawks or Cardinals get Manning it is not a given that they will win the division. If the 49ers add a legitimate WR they will still be the favorite.

J-Mike88
02-07-2012, 05:03 PM
Good thread.

Obviously injuries are impossible to predict, but injuries will derail one or two of those teams most likely.

I can't see Detroit missing the playoffs as they are young and on the upswing.
But then again, that's what the Creamsicle fans told us last off-season coming off their 10-6 season.

Somebody mentioned New England.
I see no way they miss the playoffs.
The Giants for surf could.
They should have missed the playoffs this year, amazing how the Cowboys blew that division... plus the Eagles almost got their schit together in time to steal it.

I bet either the Steelers or Packers miss the playoffs.

Scotty D
02-07-2012, 07:37 PM
I bet either the Steelers or Packers miss the playoffs.

Steelers are getting old. Cincy is rising. I could see it.

ATLDirtyBirds
02-07-2012, 09:57 PM
Everyone pick the Falcons because they looked like garbage in the post season, they play really well in the regular season, make the playoffs, fail. And repeat.

vidae
02-07-2012, 10:00 PM
i can't believe anyone would bet against tebow. especially in a division with aj smith/norv turner, carson palmer as a starting nfl qb and matt cassel on a roster.

Argh, harsh.

AntoinCD
02-09-2012, 10:18 AM
Denver
Cincinnati
New England
Pittsburgh

Can't decide on a 5th.

I'm not saying it can't happen but I would like to know the reasoning behind New England missing the playoffs.

Pretty much everyone is in agreement that they should actualy be better next year.

They have over $20million in cap space and multiple draft picks in the first two rounds.

The core of the team (Brady withstanding) is all pretty young. They had 8 players on the final day roster over 30.

The only significant FA is Wes Welker and it is likely he is resigned.

They walked to the division title this year and the Jets will struggle to be better. The Dolphins don't have a QB and the Bills are starting Ryan Fitzpatrick who has crumbled down the stretch two years in a row.

They play the AFC South and the NFC West. They also get Denver.

The Patriots are set up for another serious run at the #1 seed in the playoffs.

Thunder&Lightning
02-09-2012, 10:34 AM
denver & san fran

Rosebud
02-09-2012, 11:55 AM
Pittsburgh, Denver, Detroit, Atlanta and the Texans. Maybe the Giants, maybe the 9ers.

yodabear
02-09-2012, 01:35 PM
The more fun thing to do here is find teams that will replace them but here it goes.

New England...They stay, plus they do get the NFC west, and lately that has been pretty good to the AFC, the AFC North got the two wild card spots this season and they played NFC west. Even tho as one 49er fan pointed out that division is getting better. And I see Arizona and Seattle leaders in the clubhouse for a certain QB that wears #18...

Baltimore...They were one play away from the Super Bowl, they are staying baby and right now my favorite to be in New Orleans next February.

Houston...Um maybe Tennessee gives them a run in the South, but currently I have them staying.

Denver...No ******* way man. Hell no. They will be replaced. And I think San Diego FINALLY, MAYBE, PERHAPS, PLEASE MAKE MY PERSISTENCE ON U GUYS RIGHT finally takes care of it.

Pittsburgh...I am concerned about them really. Remember what I said, to have a team miss the playoffs means u gotta find another team to get there. I do have Pittsburgh sneaking in.

Cincinnati...defntly no...do not see them. Who did they beat anyway this year? I have the Jets making it back as of now.

So AFC...Patriots, Ravens, Texans, and Steelers remain.
Denver out, San Diego IN, Cincy out, New York IN.

NFC...

Packers...yeah, they are staying and are just fine. Altho I do see Detroit challenging them for the north, but I have them both making it.

49ers...Right now, for sure I think they will be staying. But once again, I think Peyton Manning maybe in the NFC West next season (that sucks for my Rams:( ), and its not as much of a shoe in as people may think.

Saints...Calling it right now, this season just ended, but I am gonna do it. THE NEW ORLEANS SAINTS NEXT SEASON WILL BE THE FIRST TEAM EVER TO WIN THE SUPER BOWL ON THEIR HOMEFIELD. They will beat the Ravens. So yeah, I have them returning.

Giants...Uh yeah they are pretty good.

Falcons...Watch that playoff game and get back to me. They are the only team I see right now from the NFC missing them. They will be replaced by the Eagles.

Lions...See what I said about Green Bay.

So GB, SF, NO, NYG, and DET remain for now. ATL drops out, replaced by Philly.

Bulldogs
02-09-2012, 02:05 PM
The more fun thing to do here is find teams that will replace them but here it goes.

New England...They stay, plus they do get the NFC west, and lately that has been pretty good to the AFC, the AFC North got the two wild card spots this season and they played NFC west. Even tho as one 49er fan pointed out that division is getting better. And I see Arizona and Seattle leaders in the clubhouse for a certain QB that wears #18...

Baltimore...They were one play away from the Super Bowl, they are staying baby and right now my favorite to be in New Orleans next February.

Houston...Um maybe Tennessee gives them a run in the South, but currently I have them staying.

Denver...No ******* way man. Hell no. They will be replaced. And I think San Diego FINALLY, MAYBE, PERHAPS, PLEASE MAKE MY PERSISTENCE ON U GUYS RIGHT finally takes care of it.

Pittsburgh...I am concerned about them really. Remember what I said, to have a team miss the playoffs means u gotta find another team to get there. I do have Pittsburgh sneaking in.

Cincinnati...defntly no...do not see them. Who did they beat anyway this year? I have the Jets making it back as of now.

So AFC...Patriots, Ravens, Texans, and Steelers remain.
Denver out, San Diego IN, Cincy out, New York IN.

NFC...

Packers...yeah, they are staying and are just fine. Altho I do see Detroit challenging them for the north, but I have them both making it.

49ers...Right now, for sure I think they will be staying. But once again, I think Peyton Manning maybe in the NFC West next season (that sucks for my Rams:( ), and its not as much of a shoe in as people may think.

Saints...Calling it right now, this season just ended, but I am gonna do it. THE NEW ORLEANS SAINTS NEXT SEASON WILL BE THE FIRST TEAM EVER TO WIN THE SUPER BOWL ON THEIR HOMEFIELD. They will beat the Ravens. So yeah, I have them returning.

Giants...Uh yeah they are pretty good.

Falcons...Watch that playoff game and get back to me. They are the only team I see right now from the NFC missing them. They will be replaced by the Eagles.

Lions...See what I said about Green Bay.

So GB, SF, NO, NYG, and DET remain for now. ATL drops out, replaced by Philly.

Meh, we have done poorly in the playoffs three times, but not once in the past four years had a losing record. We'll make the playoffs again I think, the problem is once we get there, we have to win.

Ness
02-09-2012, 02:14 PM
Seattle and Arizona could overtake San Francisco if they get a QB. If either of them get Matt Flynn or Peyton Manning, I think they could definitely win the division.

Folks are really riding this Matt Flynn train.

the_dark_knight
02-09-2012, 03:22 PM
Denver, New Orleans, Houston, Detroit, and Baltimore.

Preston
02-09-2012, 08:55 PM
- Pittsburgh Steelers
- Atlanta Falcons
- Denver Broncos
- Detroit Lions

Titans, Chiefs, Panthers and Eagles taking their spots.

ChiFan24
02-09-2012, 10:32 PM
Lions
Falcons
Bengals
Broncos
...Ravens?

Hard to do without an offseason, so I'm just picking against the teams that had easy schedules or that seemed to have a lot of games that could have gone either way. The 5th spot was tough so I just picked the Ravens since their schedule will be a lot tougher next year.

Vaylor
02-10-2012, 05:00 AM
Folks are really riding this Matt Flynn train.

He is the best option available.

fenikz
02-10-2012, 08:12 AM

NFC West is the best division besides the AFC North

If I have to pick 5 Falcons, Broncos, Ravens, Bengals, and...Giants

tjsunstein
02-12-2012, 08:40 AM
In order of likelihood of not making it.

1. Denver
2. Cincy
3. Detroit
4. Pittsburgh
5. Atlanta

NY+Giants=NYG
02-13-2012, 03:26 PM
I could see the Bears making it and replacing the Lions, with Gb winning the division. I think anyone can win the NFC East, and the cowboys can very well make it as a WC.

The great thing is we get our 5 Cbs on IR back, and now we turn to the off season and see who we keep and who doesn't get re-signed. If people keep developing we should be fine. Now our rookies and undrafted guys have confidence, so I am excited to see how they progress. We had a good season the year after we won in '07 until Plax shot himself! I expect us to make it, but again, I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't. If I were to guess, I think Coughlin keeps this team focused. All we need is to punch our ticket to the dance. It doesn't have to be pretty, just get in. 9-7 or 8-8 backing in that way is fine by me.

Just get back to 0-0 come play off time and see what happens then.

Preston
02-13-2012, 04:06 PM
Something will go wrong with the Saints and they'll miss. The team hosting the Super Bowl always does.... Check this out:

XLVI - Indianapolis (Colts missed the playoffs)
XLV - Dallas (Cowboys missed the playoffs)
XLIV - Miami (Dolphins missed the playoffs)
XLIII - Tampa (Buccaneers missed the playoffs)
XLII - Glendale (Cardinals missed the playoffs)
XLI - Miami (Dolphins missed the playoffs)
XL - Detroit (Lions missed the playoffs)
XXXIX - Jacksonville (Jaguars missed the playoffs)
XXXVIII - Houston (Texans missed the playoffs)
XXXVII - San Diego (Chargers missed the playoffs)
XXXVI - New Orleans (Saints missed the playoffs)
XXXV - Tampa (Buccaneers made the playoffs)

It hasn't happened since 2000. It's in the fashion of repeating; most teams can't handle it since it's a lot of pressure. I figure the Panthers will make a huge leap and take them out.

NotRickJames
02-14-2012, 10:46 PM
Falcons and Broncos won't.

NFC East remains up in the air. despite the Giants Super Bowl win. I wouldn't be SHOCKED if they missed it, but I wouldn't predict it either.

I not only think the Bengals will make it, I think they take a step forward. Like that team.

LonghornsLegend
02-14-2012, 11:15 PM
There is no way I see Detroit missing the playoffs, minus a Stafford injury. He actually had a really good playoff game, if they can get that secondary patched up they will go far again. He was playing like one of the best QB's in the league, and Calvin is in his prime.

I think they have a better chance of winning the division then missing the playoffs.

PoopSandwich
02-14-2012, 11:16 PM
Bengals
Broncos
Giants
Lions
Falcons

Hard to pick 5.

Jvig43
02-14-2012, 11:35 PM

Are you kidding me, have you seen our schedule?

LonghornsLegend
02-15-2012, 09:56 PM
Giants are a much better pick to not make it then the Pats. Everyone seems to forget that after winning the 1st SB with Eli they had a nice playoff drought afterwards. Really not that hard to see it again, considering if you played the "what if" game you wouldn't have to dig too deep to find a scenario with them missing the playoffs.

Giantsfan1080
02-15-2012, 09:57 PM
Giants are a much better pick to not make it then the Pats. Everyone seems to forget that after winning the 1st SB with Eli they had a nice playoff drought afterwards. Really not that hard to see it again, considering if you played the "what if" game you wouldn't have to dig too deep to find a scenario with them missing the playoffs.

We made the playoffs the next year after the SB and could have been considered the best team in the NFL that year. In fact the best football I've ever seen in my life was an 8 game stretch that year when they took down every winning team they played and most weren't even close.

T-RICH49
02-15-2012, 10:02 PM
i can't believe anyone would bet against tebow. especially in a division with aj smith/norv turner, carson palmer as a starting nfl qb and matt cassel on a roster.

No Jamaal CHarles, Tony Moeaki and Eric Berry and we STILL nearly got into the playoffs.Now get those 3 healthy and it's on

T-RICH49
02-15-2012, 10:36 PM
i heard your offense was going to involve 100% handoffs to thomas jones (who you'll resign) and that eric berry was being moved to NT. also you're trading charles for moreno straight up. NOW WHAT.

You still have Tebow at QB.

vidae
02-15-2012, 10:52 PM
i heard your offense was going to involve 100% handoffs to thomas jones (who you'll resign) and that eric berry was being moved to NT. also you're trading charles for moreno straight up. NOW WHAT.

Say it ain't so! NOO!!!

You still have Tebow at QB.

Oh, there it is. He got ya there.

d34ng3l021
02-15-2012, 11:11 PM
Come on guys. Let's not write off the Falcons until they make the playoffs with expectations that they will never meet.

Iamcanadian
02-19-2012, 11:34 AM

Cincinnati
Denver
Detroit
Atlanta
San Francisco

It is actually 5 to as many as 8 teams annually that fail to make the playoffs.
Generally, you can start with the Wild Card teams since schedule has a huge impact on which teams make the playoffs and which teams don't.

Any conference that draws a very tough schedule can be eliminated from getting a Wild Card Team while a conference that draws a very easy schedule can usually be assured of getting a Wild Card team even if they weren't close last year.

So if the AFC North draws an extremely tough schedule 2 of the 3 teams who made it last year could all be in serious trouble.

Certainly, Denver made it by the skin of their teeth so they are also a likely candidate.

In the NFC, depending on their schedule, the Giants could really struggle if no Wild Card comes out of their division as the Eagles and Cowboys could challenge for 1st place.

Between, Green Bay, Detroit and Chicago, it could all come down to who stayed the healthiest all year and schedule could factor in as well.

Among all of last year's playoff teams, I'd rate Houston and San Fran as the surest teams to repeat not because they are great or anything but because neither faces a serious challenge for 1st place.

<===3
02-19-2012, 03:50 PM
The Giants will make it as a wildcard, and destroy dreams once again.

zachsaints52
02-19-2012, 04:22 PM
Something will go wrong with the Saints and they'll miss. The team hosting the Super Bowl always does.... Check this out:

XLVI - Indianapolis (Colts missed the playoffs)
XLV - Dallas (Cowboys missed the playoffs)
XLIV - Miami (Dolphins missed the playoffs)
XLIII - Tampa (Buccaneers missed the playoffs)
XLII - Glendale (Cardinals missed the playoffs)
XLI - Miami (Dolphins missed the playoffs)
XL - Detroit (Lions missed the playoffs)
XXXIX - Jacksonville (Jaguars missed the playoffs)
XXXVIII - Houston (Texans missed the playoffs)
XXXVII - San Diego (Chargers missed the playoffs)
XXXVI - New Orleans (Saints missed the playoffs)
XXXV - Tampa (Buccaneers made the playoffs)

It hasn't happened since 2000. It's in the fashion of repeating; most teams can't handle it since it's a lot of pressure. I figure the Panthers will make a huge leap and take them out.

3/4 of those teams sucked though when the Super Bowl went there... Barring a Drew Brees injury, we will make the playoffs.

ChiFan24
02-19-2012, 04:46 PM
3/4 of those teams sucked though when the Super Bowl went there... Barring a Drew Brees injury, we will make the playoffs.

What if they lose Colston, Meachem, Nicks, Porter and Harper and have no first round pick to replace any of them with?

....just saying.

zachsaints52
02-19-2012, 05:07 PM
What if they lose Colston, Meachem, Nicks, Porter and Harper and have no first round pick to replace any of them with?

....just saying.

Harpers not a FA, Porter was a backup CB near the end of the year, and I expect use to lose Colston and retain Meachem and Nicks.... Losing Colston hurts but we still have 5 WRs that can play, on top of Graham and Sproles.

NY+Giants=NYG
02-19-2012, 06:46 PM
The Giants will make it as a wildcard, and destroy dreams once again.

It is fun coming out of no where and winning vs being hyped up pre season and expected to win and doing so. The best super bowl wins for me were the unexpected ones, so the 2007 one will be the most special win for me.

Bengalsrocket
02-19-2012, 07:54 PM
It is fun coming out of no where and winning vs being hyped up pre season and expected to win and doing so. The best super bowl wins for me were the unexpected ones, so the 2007 one will be the most special win for me.

It's a bold choice to like the underdog story...

Preston
02-19-2012, 08:18 PM
Harpers not a FA, Porter was a backup CB near the end of the year, and I expect use to lose Colston and retain Meachem and Nicks.... Losing Colston hurts but we still have 5 WRs that can play, on top of Graham and Sproles.

I'm sorry, but I struggle to see a scenario where the Saints have enough money to keep Nicks and Brees.

zachsaints52
02-20-2012, 11:24 AM
I'm sorry, but I struggle to see a scenario where the Saints have enough money to keep Nicks and Brees.

We sign Brees to say a 4-5 year deal, load it in the back end, equates enough money to get Nicks.

Am I the only one who believes that the Brees contract is taking forever is because he wants to figure out a way to keep everyone here in New Orleans?

Razor
02-20-2012, 12:10 PM
Am I the only one who believes that the Brees contract is taking forever is because he wants to figure out a way to keep everyone here in New Orleans?

**** yes. Brees is only looking out for number one, which in this case is number 9. I don't think he gives a **** whether they can keep Nicks or not to be honest since he knows this is his last big contract.

Razor
02-20-2012, 12:11 PM
Also, it doesn't make sense to have to $8 mil per year guards on our OL whilst having **** at center and overrated tackles. Brees won't be able to roll out of the pocket forever...