PDA

View Full Version : 2012 SEC Thread

Brent
02-06-2012, 06:38 AM
I can finally participate!

This year is going to be rough. (Thank goodness we get Florida and LSU at home.)

CashmoneyDrew
02-06-2012, 09:54 AM
Vols for global domination with their passing game.

sbh15
02-06-2012, 12:53 PM
the Gator defense will mercilessly have their way with every SEC offense...

and still give up 38 points per game because the offense can't stay on the field for more than 3 plays, if that. Not excited to see our qb play this season.

M.O.T.H.
02-06-2012, 01:01 PM
South Carolina's RBs are ridiculously stacked. So pysched. Granted, Lattimore is the only guy you really need to get the ball, but they're really deep here. They're expected to be incredibly run heavy in 2012, should be beast.

JRTPlaya21
02-06-2012, 01:43 PM
Bama & UGA will do work this season. That is all.

TitanHope
02-06-2012, 02:18 PM
u00WhyjgAtM

sbh15
02-06-2012, 09:35 PM
http://www.lostlettermen.com/2-5-2012-pac-12-sec-helmets-concepts/

Thought this would interest some of you. all of the designs are concepts

Brent
02-06-2012, 09:38 PM
the Arkansas one was the only I like, the rest are atrocious

CashmoneyDrew
02-06-2012, 10:16 PM
Vanderbilt, MSU, and SCAR's are the only passable ones.

Bert Macklin
02-06-2012, 11:49 PM
Rumor that the lsu coaches are telling recruits that we are going to run a spread offense this year. If so *jizz*

Giantsfan1080
02-17-2012, 11:39 AM
Arkansas/Rutgers home and home officially set for this year and next. I'm pretty excited about it.

JoeJoeBrown
02-17-2012, 11:49 AM
Arkansas/Rutgers home and home officially set for this year and next. I'm pretty excited about it.

No offense, but Arky is going to brutalize Rutgers.

Giantsfan1080
02-17-2012, 12:14 PM
No offense, but Arky is going to brutalize Rutgers.

None taken but it'll be closer than you think. The game this year is away and we'll be lucky to keep it close but don't be surprised at all if Rutgers wins when they come visit NJ.

CashmoneyDrew
02-17-2012, 12:19 PM
Vols/NC State game got moved from September 1st to August 31st.

JHL6719
02-17-2012, 03:48 PM
Rutgers should be able to hold the Razorbacks to under 28 points - In the first quarter.

sbh15
02-17-2012, 04:58 PM
Rumor that the lsu coaches are telling recruits that we are going to run a spread offense this year. If so *jizz*

this would upset me if I were a LSU fan. this is exactly what the SEC is trending away from

JoeJoeBrown
02-17-2012, 05:05 PM
this would upset me if I were a LSU fan. this is exactly what the SEC is trending away from

Yeah, spread elements are fine. Total spread is not. You need to mix it up.

Bert Macklin
03-05-2012, 07:43 PM
LSU Big Cat Drill

dLfphataYOw&feature

jrdrylie
03-06-2012, 12:04 PM
Apparently the goalie of the LSU girl's soccer team is trying to be a walk on kicker for LSU's football team. I hope she makes it. She's decently attractive.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lnqx5x8ZsT1qhrigd.jpg

Bert Macklin
03-06-2012, 02:54 PM
Apparently the goalie of the LSU girl's soccer team is trying to be a walk on kicker for LSU's football team. I hope she makes it. She's decently attractive.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lnqx5x8ZsT1qhrigd.jpg

Mo Isom and yeah she has a pretty good foot too.

arigatou
03-19-2012, 08:35 PM
Indeed, Lattimore is the only guy you really need to get the ball, but they are really deep in here. They expected to incredible run in 2012 in weight, should be the beast.

Complex
04-05-2012, 08:00 PM
Isom didn't make the team.

jojo
04-09-2012, 08:38 PM
Note the opener the vs. Heisman hopeful Dennard & the Michigan Wolverines at Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, TX. Big recruiting edge game for both programs, who love them some Texas talent.

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-12/sec/2012-alabama-crimson-tide-football-schedule.php

A-Day Game this Sat. on ESPN! See the #1-ranked recruiting class in action....

The Tide has to go to Tennessee, Arkansas with their motorbike-wrecker HC, LSU, & new SEC member Mizzou (to whom they lost in the same stadium when ranked #2 in the nation in their 1971 opener -- some of us remember) but have also new SEC member TAMU, Ole Miss, Mississippi St. & those m*therf*ckers from Auburn at home!

No Florida or S. Carolina thankfully -- I can live another yr. without Lattimore running all over everything.

Looks like at least a 10-win season, depending on the LSU game, which I always consider a pick-'em.

holt_bruce81
04-15-2012, 10:06 PM
Missouri's new unis

http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/sptusncaafexperts/Mizzou-uniforms.jpg

Brent
04-19-2012, 07:14 PM
How are the 2013 classes looking for everyone? I'm impressed with Sumlin's verbal commits so far.

YAYareaRB
04-19-2012, 07:51 PM
mettenburger is gonna lead LSU to the promised land?

holt_bruce81
04-20-2012, 02:59 AM
How are the 2013 classes looking for everyone? I'm impressed with Sumlin's verbal commits so far.

Mizzou has gotten commitments from 9 players so far (2 4-stars, 7 3-stars)

Complex
04-24-2012, 10:24 PM
Tennessee coach Derek Dooley told the Sports Animal that he was ``very disappointed’’ by the news that the football team’s GPA last fall was 2.06, and only 1.9 among scholarship players.
``I was very disappointed because we put a tremendous amount of energy in supporting our players academically,’’ Dooley said. ``We meet on them every week. But I don’t want to minimize what transition will do in any realm.

http://sportsanimal99.com/Article.asp?id=2442450

Tarnishing the great academic reputation of the SEC.
:point: :lol: :rofl: :out:

CashmoneyDrew
04-24-2012, 11:26 PM
http://sportsanimal99.com/Article.asp?id=2442450

Tarnishing the great academic reputation of the SEC.
:point: :lol: :rofl: :out:

/banned as Tennessee Titan fan

:wave:

TitanHope
04-25-2012, 03:11 AM
/banned as Tennessee Titan fan

:wave:

This is no bluff. Drew has the power. He's a scientist.

critesy
05-08-2012, 07:31 PM
auburn scheduled ark st for the 2nd week in 2013. if gus malzahn and dyer are still there, this game could be pretty intriguing. especially if dyer has to sit out this year, it'll be his first road game.. against his old team.

Matthew Jones
05-12-2012, 01:54 AM
auburn scheduled ark st for the 2nd week in 2013. if gus malzahn and dyer are still there, this game could be pretty intriguing. especially if dyer has to sit out this year, it'll be his first road game.. against his old team.

That should definitely be one to check out; Malzahn runs a pretty exciting offense.

georgiafan
06-29-2012, 09:06 AM
Isaia Crowell Arrest and likely kicked off team there goes UGA season before it even gets started bc the players can't quit getting arrested.

JoeJoeBrown
06-29-2012, 10:55 AM
Duron Carter kicked out of Bama. Dude couldn't hack it at two top five programs because he's an entitled prima donna.

Saban (http://mobile.sbnation.com/ncaa-football/2012/6/29/3125871/alabama-football-duron-carter-nick-saban)

Nick Saban on Duron Carter: "He will not play for this football team. Period." Truly incredible to watch someone piss away so much talent.

TitanHope
06-29-2012, 02:57 PM
Isaia Crowell Arrest and likely kicked off team there goes UGA season before it even gets started bc the players can't quit getting arrested.

Two felony weapons charges and a misdemeanor. Ouch.

http://espn.go.com/colleges/georgia/football/story/_/id/8111289/georgia-bulldogs-isaiah-crowell-faces-felony-weapons-counts

georgiafan
06-29-2012, 03:07 PM
Two felony weapons charges and a misdemeanor. Ouch.

http://espn.go.com/colleges/georgia/football/story/_/id/8111289/georgia-bulldogs-isaiah-crowell-faces-felony-weapons-counts

I don't think he is gonna be able to get out of this even though it is his first arrest. He has been suspended twice last year, but all the reports was the he had matured but I guess that was wrong.

It looks like the was doing routine checks and the campus police made everyone get out bc the car smelled like pot. He was with 3 other football players. They was no drugs found and the pot smell apprently was from some club they was at as it was like 3am. The gun was then found under the seat and the bad thing was that it wasnt registerd to anyone in the car.

gpngc
06-29-2012, 03:34 PM
He's got to enter the Supp. Draft, right?

georgiafan
06-29-2012, 03:45 PM
He's got to enter the Supp. Draft, right?

He is just a true sophmore

gpngc
06-29-2012, 03:46 PM
Damn so if he's suspended full year (what we're expecting, right?), he'll sit out a full year and enter the draft a la Big Mike Williams?

georgiafan
06-29-2012, 03:56 PM
Damn so if he's suspended full year (what we're expecting, right?), he'll sit out a full year and enter the draft a la Big Mike Williams?

It's to early to tell at the point but he has to play 2 more years before he can even think about the NFL. He had a good rookie year ith 850 yards and missed likt 4 games but he has to stay out of trouble r the NFL will be the least of his worries.

CashmoneyDrew
06-29-2012, 03:57 PM

He's got two years to fill, so he'd probably just transfer down a division or something.

JHL6719
06-29-2012, 04:17 PM
Probably go to UNA. That's usually where the talented but troubled, big time recruits from the southeast go once they've worn out their welcome at their original universities.

CashmoneyDrew
06-29-2012, 04:23 PM
He has been kicked off of the team, by the way.

asdf1223
06-29-2012, 04:37 PM
Probably go to UNA. That's usually where the talented but troubled, big time recruits from the southeast go once they've worn out their welcome at their original universities.

Bowden's no longer the coach there.

brat316
06-29-2012, 07:27 PM
Should just join another school, has plenty of time.

Cigaro
07-10-2012, 02:06 PM
Somehow just heard about Isaiah Crowell. If it weren't for the fact he played for Georgia, I would have loved watching him play, was extremely talented. At the same time, not sad in the least to know he's off the roster.

Bert Macklin
07-11-2012, 10:35 AM
mettenburger is gonna lead LSU to the promised land?

Mettensavior!!!!!

Bert Macklin
07-18-2012, 09:28 PM
Les Miles at SEC Media Day was pure greatness

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff275/georgiadawg6/Miles_Taunt.gif

@LSUCoachMiles asked why #2 was put on ring given to team: "because we couldn't put #1 on it." room erupted in laughter

Matt Hayes ?@Matt_HayesSN

I just heard the most convoluted question in the history of #SEC Media Days. And Les Miles understood. it.

"I follow Coach Spurrier because he seems to have an entertaining way of communicating." -Les Miles

Cigaro
07-27-2012, 11:27 AM
Apparently Tyler Bray has been spending his summer throwing beer bottles off of his balcony, and breaking car windshields in the process;

http://www.govolsxtra.com/news/2012/jul/25/tyler-bray-roommate-accused-of-throwing-beer-off/

Brent
08-08-2012, 08:05 AM
Apparently Tyler Bray has been spending his summer throwing beer bottles off of his balcony, and breaking car windshields in the process;
throwing bottles is good for strengthening one's arm.

JHL6719
08-08-2012, 11:15 AM
throwing bottles is good for strengthening one's arm.

Playing "chicken" on a jet ski is good for developing one's skills at avoiding pass rushers...

http://www.govolsxtra.com/news/2012/aug/08/bray-to-be-back-in-court-on-boating-charge/

CashmoneyDrew
08-08-2012, 12:25 PM
Playing "chicken" on a jet ski is good for developing one's skills at avoiding pass rushers...

http://www.govolsxtra.com/news/2012/aug/08/bray-to-be-back-in-court-on-boating-charge/

No, no, no. This was to develop timing with routes. ;)

Cigaro
08-08-2012, 02:01 PM
Bray may indeed turn into a good QB, but if I were an NFL team looking into him, I just don't think I could do it. I feel his offseason incidents will only multiply once he gets access to real money. He's the type of guy who tattoos his own name in stars on his back, after all.

CashmoneyDrew
08-08-2012, 02:42 PM
This "incident" doesn't bother me nearly as much as the beer bottle throwing, like at all.
Not sure I care if a player gets their own name tattooed on them either. I wouldn't personally do it, but to each their own.

TitanHope
08-08-2012, 06:26 PM
Truly great men are never understood.

georgiafan
08-14-2012, 11:18 AM
hearing rumors of UF QB Driskel with a serious shoulder injury

sbh15
08-14-2012, 12:07 PM
hearing rumors of UF QB Driskel with a serious shoulder injury

apparently Brisset has been way ahead in grasping the offense and leadership, so at least this isn't our starter, but would be a tough loss. we are too thin at qb as it is

georgiafan
08-14-2012, 12:10 PM
apparently Brisset has been way ahead in grasping the offense and leadership, so at least this isn't our starter, but would be a tough loss. we are too thin at qb as it is

I'm hearing its on his non throwing shoulder no word on time table yet im sure the news will be out real soon.

sbh15
08-14-2012, 12:12 PM
I'm hearing its on his non throwing shoulder no word on time table yet im sure the news will be out real soon.

the Gator board I check says broken non-throwing shoulder... 6 week recovery

Brent
08-14-2012, 02:38 PM
Is Jacoby Brissett just a big dude or chubby?

This is an honest question, I didnt watch a single UF game last year.

sbh15
08-14-2012, 02:44 PM
Is Jacoby Brissett just a big dude or chubby?

This is an honest question, I didnt watch a single UF game last year.

he is definitely a big guy... I don't think he's chubby though. 6'4 229 lbs is his listed size on his bio

CashmoneyDrew
08-16-2012, 09:06 PM
Only a couple more weeks to go guys. Hold strong!

Brent
08-16-2012, 09:42 PM
Only a couple more weeks to go guys. Hold strong!
A&M named a RS Freshman as QB. Gonna be a long season.

CashmoneyDrew
08-16-2012, 09:55 PM
But a season nonetheless!

Complex
08-16-2012, 10:03 PM
But a season nonetheless!

Patterson you best WR? some Vol fans on another board are saying he looks like the best WR on the team so far.

CashmoneyDrew
08-16-2012, 10:08 PM
Patterson you best WR? some Vol fans on another board are saying he looks like the best WR on the team so far.

I don't know about that. There's talk Da'Rick has gotten even better and faster this offseason, and then Justin Hunter looked just as good, if not better than Da'Rick before his injury last year, and apparently he's at 100% and people are raving about his rare athleticism. Eric Berry came back and worked with the team this summer and apparently Justin Hunter beat him some. And Berry said Hunter was pro-ready right now.

But most people that have been watching practices have said that CP is a beast and seeing as how he's going to get ridiculous matchups this season being our #3, it wouldn't surprise me to see him put up the best stats this year.

holt_bruce81
08-22-2012, 09:32 PM
What's your guys' expectations for the Missouri Tigers this year? I think they have a better team than some people think but most of my friends think 5-6 wins would be "solid" for their first year in the SEC.

fenikz
08-22-2012, 09:46 PM
vs SE LA - W
vs UGA - L
vs ASU - W
@ SCAR - L
@ UCF - W
vs Vandy - L
vs Bama - L
vs UK - W
@ UF - L
@ UT - L
vs Cuse - W
@ TAMU - L

5-7(1-7)

holt_bruce81
08-22-2012, 09:51 PM
vs SE LA - W
vs UGA - L
vs ASU - W
@ SCAR - L
@ UCF - W
vs Vandy - L
vs Bama - L
vs UK - W
@ UF - L
@ UT - L
vs Cuse - W
@ TAMU - L

5-7(1-7)

Fenikz stop smoking crack. The answer we were looking for is 9. 9 wins.

Cigaro
08-22-2012, 09:54 PM
What's your guys' expectations for the Missouri Tigers this year? I think they have a better team than some people think but most of my friends think 5-6 wins would be "solid" for their first year in the SEC.

Admittedly, I can't claim to have great insight into the current Missouri team. But if I had to predict off of the top of my head, this is what I would come up with;

vs. SELA- W
vs. UGA- L
vs. ASU- W
at SC- L
at UCF- W
vs. Vandy- W
vs. Bama- L
vs. UK- W
at UF- L
at UT- L
vs. SU- W
at TAMU- L

UCF, Vandy and TAMU would be toss ups for me. I just don't know how good UCF and TAMU will be this year, while Vandy may field a pretty competitive team that shouldn't be overlooked this year.

sbh15
08-22-2012, 09:59 PM
is this a predict your team's record thing? no? well it is now

my (overly) optimistic UF projection

vs Bowling Green - W
at Texas A&M - L
at Tennessee - W
vs Kentucky - W
vs LSU - L
at Vanderbilt - W
vs South Carolina - L
at Georgia - W
vs Missouri - W
vs LA Lafayette - W
vs Jacksonville St. - W
at Florida St. - W

9-3 (5-3)

I think we have an early loss to Texas A&M (and possibly Tennessee) on the road because of quarterback issues before really hitting a stride around the LSU game (in the Swamp) which I think will actually be reasonably close.

Cigaro
08-22-2012, 10:02 PM
at Vandy- W
vs ECU- W
vs UAB- W
vs Mizzou- W
at UK- W
vs UGA- W
at LSU- L
at UF- W
vs UT- W
vs Arky- L
vs Wofford- W
at Clemson- W

Even if we beat UGA, their second straight easy as **** schedule may clinch the East for them. The stretch from UGA to Arky is going to be brutal; if it shapes up like I am hoping, I would be satisfied.

sbh15
08-22-2012, 10:06 PM
I think UGA is massively overrated coming into this year, by the way. they didn't beat really anyone worth mentioning in that 10 win season. barely beat a UF team led by a gimpy John Brantley. right now I think the East is South Carolina's to lose, but depth issues could bite them

Cigaro
08-22-2012, 10:15 PM
I think UGA is massively overrated coming into this year, by the way. they didn't beat really anyone worth mentioning in that 10 win season. barely beat a UF team led by a gimpy John Brantley. right now I think the East is South Carolina's to lose, but depth issues could bite them

I agree that they are overrated(albeit perhaps not massively), and losing Crowell only makes that worse, but their schedule is as close to a cakewalk as you can get in the SEC. No Bama, LSU or Arkansas for the second straight year.

fenikz
08-22-2012, 10:16 PM
Poor Malcolm Mitchell :(

could easily be a top 5 SEC WR but they have to play him at CB

sbh15
08-22-2012, 10:19 PM
I agree that they are overrated(albeit perhaps not massively), and losing Crowell only makes that worse, but their schedule is as close to a cakewalk as you can get in the SEC. No Bama, LSU or Arkansas for the second straight year.

ugh, you're right. as long as they don't blow it vs Florida or Tennessee, they win

holt_bruce81
08-23-2012, 05:12 AM
Missouri has a pretty solid team right now.

Quarterback - This is James Franklin's 2nd year as Missouri's starter. Continued to get better passing as the season went on last year. Doesn't have a strong arm but he is an accurate Quarterback and he has the footspeed to make some plays (981 rushing yards last year)

Running backs - This position scares me, Henry Josey tore his ACL and his MCL last season so he'll be gone for the entire 2012 season, last year in 9.5 games Josey had 1,168 rushing yards and 91 receiving yards on just 145 attempts (8.1 YPC) Kendall Lawrence isn't nearly as explosive but I would probably say he's a better pass catcher out of the backfield.

Pass Catchers - We have three guys that could be fun to watch this season, Moe, Lucas and Dorial. TJ Moe is the Wes Welker of this offense, dude catches absolutely everything thrown at him and Lucas and Dorial just have sooo much potential, Dorial is 6'6 and Lucas is 6'5, in fact Missouri has 5 receivers on the roster that are 6'4 or taller. I also expect Eric Waters to make a contribution at the "Tight end" position. Missouri has always had solid Tight Ends in the Pinkel era, Rucker, Coffman, Egnew....

Offensive Line - Fisher, Meiners and Britt I have absolutely no concerns with, well maybe Fisher considering he rupturing the patellar tendon in his knee last year and missed the entire season. But I've seen him before and he's damn good when healthy. Max Copeland is a redshirt Junior getting his chance to start for the first time and Mitch Morse is a redshirt sophomore starting for the first time at Center. Could be rough.

Front 7 - I really like this group. Michael Sam, Brad Madison and Kony Ealy are looking great, should be a really fun rotation they got at defensive end. Big boy Sheldon plays the Defensive tackle spot and he has the athletisism and strength to be a beast this year, had a pretty solid year last year in his 1st year as a Tiger. Jimmy Burge will play the Nose Guard position and he's not that good, I'd expect him to get manhandled during games. At Linebacker I think only Luke Lambert graduated, Andrew Wilson will start at Strong side, had 98 tackles last year. Will Ebner and Donovan Bonner will probably split time at middle linebacker, Ebner has the experience and is the hard hitter but everyone raves about Bonner ever since he got to Mizzou, Sean Weatherspoon made Bonner his prediction for breakout star. And then there's Zaviar Gooden, a freak of an athlete, is the most talented linebacker Missouri has and probably the best one since Spoon. This is his third year as the starter so I'm hoping he puts it all together, he could be a fun player to watch. at 6'2 235 pounds and ran a 4.44 40-yard dash at Missouri's this year.

Defensive Backs - Our Safeties are average to below average, Kenronte Walker did a good job last year vs the run but is below average in coverage and IMO Matt White has no business starting. As Corners go, we have experience there, Kip Edwards will get beat pretty often but he does have 3 years of experience under his belt. Heck, Randy Ponder may even get the starting nod over Kip, he showed flashes last year in limited play. And then there's that guy on the other side...what's his name? oh yeah EJ Gaines. Remember the name, I'm telling you right now he's going to shut your best Receiver down.

georgiafan
08-23-2012, 07:31 AM
ugh, you're right. as long as they don't blow it vs Florida or Tennessee, they win

Yea UGA got really lucky on the schedule and was going to play bama this year but when missouri got added to the east they took bama's place. The schedule is the big reason why UGA will win more games then it should this year. Bc you cant win in the SEC with 16 fewer players then other elite teams

Complex
08-23-2012, 09:49 AM
Tennessee wide receiver DeAnthony Arnett, who compiled the second-most receptions by a freshman in program history this past season, has asked for a release from his scholarship, a source close to Arnett confirmed to the News Sentinel late Wednesday.
Arnett's father has battled health issues and his conditioned has not improved since Arnett enrolled at UT, according to the source, which requested anonymity because the release process is ongoing.
UT officials could not be reached for comment.
A highly touted slot receiver from Saginaw, Mich., Arnett was third on the Vols with 24 receptions, fourth with 242 yards and was one of three players to catch two touchdowns. Arnett's breakout performance came three weeks into the season against Florida, when he led the Vols with eight receptions for 59 yards. Two weeks later, he caught two touchdown passes in UT's rout of Buffalo.
Arnett saw action in all 12 games and picked up his first career start in November at Arkansas.

McMurphyESPN: Tennessee announces WR Da'Rick Rogers suspended indefinitely for violation of team rules

Bruce Feldman ‏@BFeldmanCBS
In 2011 Da'Rick Rogers had a series of incidents, incldg a complete meltdown at UK gm that sources say COMPLETELY crossed line w UT staff.

After what I'd been told by sources inside Vols program last yr, was surprised Dooley allowed Da'Rick Rogers to stay w team.

georgiafan
08-23-2012, 10:38 AM
McMurphyESPN: Tennessee announces WR Da'Rick Rogers suspended indefinitely for violation of team rules

In 2011 Da'Rick Rogers had a series of incidents, incldg a complete meltdown at UK gm that sources say COMPLETELY crossed line w UT staff.

After what I'd been told by sources inside Vols program last yr, was surprised Dooley allowed Da'Rick Rogers to stay w team.

I've said this since I watched him play in high school he is either gonna own mcdonalds or be working at one.

Complex
08-23-2012, 11:04 AM
“@TennesseeBeat: Dooley said he doesn't expect Rogers will play for Vols this season.”

**** Dooley daughter or wife or Patterson is a beast.

CashmoneyDrew
08-23-2012, 01:01 PM
Violation of substance abuse policy.

SickwithIt1010
08-23-2012, 01:53 PM
That hurts...

VUBlacknGold
08-28-2012, 03:17 AM
Vandy....... *garble garble garble* I cant wait for thursday!!!!

Brent
08-28-2012, 10:03 PM
******* Issac. Delaying the A&M opener for a week.

On the bright-side, the season opener is also the home opener is also the first SEC game in school history is also going to have ESPN Gameday on campus. I wish I could be in College Station for that one. Even if they lose, it would be one of the most memorable games at Kyle Field in a long time.