PDA

View Full Version : Who's going o the SB next year?

bigbuc
02-06-2012, 12:52 PM
So guys who you got going next year?

CashmoneyDrew
02-06-2012, 12:53 PM
The Jake Locker QB'ed Titans and the Matt Hasselbeck QB'ed Titans.

Job Reborn
02-06-2012, 12:58 PM
The Denver Tebows.

And Blaine Gabbert of course.

bucfan12
02-06-2012, 01:04 PM
I'll give you some contenders from Each Conference:

AFC:
1. New England
2. Houston
3. Baltimore
4. Pittsburgh

NFC:
1. NY Giants
2. New Orleans
3. Green Bay
4. San Fransisco

I like Saints/Texans. Texans lost there starting QB and I think it would have been a lot different if Schaub was healthy. The Saints getting Spags at Def. Coordinator immediately upgrades that team.

soybean
02-06-2012, 01:12 PM
I'll give you some contenders from Each Conference:

AFC:
1. New England
2. Houston
3. Baltimore
4. Pittsburgh

NFC:
1. NY Giants
2. New Orleans
3. Green Bay
4. San Fransisco

Lol way to go out on a limb...

jsagan77
02-06-2012, 01:13 PM
I think it's going to be Green Bay and the Pats once again. They're just too damn good if they can add a few key pieces and fix that D...

DraftSavant
02-06-2012, 01:16 PM
Eli vs. Ben to decide who is really elite.

bucfan12
02-06-2012, 01:19 PM
Houston/New Orleans. I don't think Pittsburgh has enough to make a run. They're aging on defense. Same with Baltimore. And neither Ben nor Flacco has shown they can carry the team on a Super Bowl run. It seems like the reason there teams are there is because of strong defensive play.

Shane P. Hallam
02-06-2012, 01:23 PM
Don't we still have to see how FA and the Draft go? I have an idea of who I will pick, but want to analyze everyone's offseason.

jrdrylie
02-06-2012, 01:33 PM
Chicago vs. Houston

K Train
02-06-2012, 01:35 PM
Eli vs. Ben to decide who is really elite.

oh baby lets gooooo.

easily most watched superbowl ever....EASY

fenikz
02-06-2012, 01:36 PM
Arizona and Houston :)

VernonLawson89
02-06-2012, 01:59 PM
Colts VS Rams

Rosebud
02-06-2012, 03:08 PM
The Saints. With the Spags that D will get better and they'll wrap up homefield advantage throughout the playoffs.

zachsaints52
02-06-2012, 03:10 PM
Broncos and Saints. Imgaine the write ups? The Saints vs a Real One.

Razor
02-06-2012, 03:29 PM
I'm going to say NE vs. 49ers next year. 49ers' defense will still be elite next year and Smith should continue his progression. NE had a very young team this year and with the experience of this season and hopefully some nice offseason additions I think they look primed for another try at the big dance, although I could see Houston derailing that.

Ness
02-06-2012, 03:33 PM
Houston and San Francisco.

Mr. Goosemahn
02-06-2012, 03:43 PM
I'd love a Steelers - Saints matchup, but it'll probably be New England representing the AFC. They had a **** defense and their best receiving threat was injured, and they were still one catch away from being champions.

zachsaints52
02-06-2012, 03:46 PM
I'm going to say NE vs. 49ers next year. 49ers' defense will still be elite next year and Smith should continue his progression. NE had a very young team this year and with the experience of this season and hopefully some nice offseason additions I think they look primed for another try at the big dance, although I could see Houston derailing that.

49ers had a few career years in that defense as well though. Would have to see if it happens again.

I'd love a Steelers - Saints matchup, but it'll probably be New England representing the AFC. They had a **** defense and their best receiving threat was injured, and they were still one catch away from being champions.

Thats why, like Shane said, should wait til after FA and draft before to think about this. If the Steelers somehow get 2 starting caliber (starting caliber by NFL, not Pittsburgh, standards) and all you could see a major imporvement as well.

DiG
02-06-2012, 04:03 PM
ODDS TO WIN 2013 SUPER BOWL
===========================
Team Odds
===========================
New England Patriots 5-1
Green Bay Packers 11-2
Pittsburgh Steelers 6-1
Philadelphia Eagles 6-1
New York Giants 8-1
New Orleans Saints 10-1
San Francisco 49ers 10-1
San Diego Chargers 12-1
Houston Texans 12-1
Chicago Bears 17-1
Detroit Lions 18-1
Atlanta Falcons 18-1
Dallas Cowboys 20-1
Baltimore Ravens 20-1
New York Jets 20-1
Indianapolis Colts 25-1
Tennessee Titans 30-1
Cincinnati Bengals 30-1
Buffalo Bills 50-1
Kansas City Chiefs 50-1
Seattle Seahawks 50-1
Denver Broncos 50-1
Carolina Panthers 50-1
Miami Dolphins 50-1
St. Louis Rams 50-1
Oakland Raiders 60-1
Minnesota Vikings 60-1
Arizona Cardinals 60-1
Cleveland Browns 75-1
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 100-1
Washington Redskins 125-1
Jacksonville Jaguars 150-1
==============================
Odds courtesy of MGM Grand Las Vegas

Brodeur
02-06-2012, 04:05 PM
http://www.detroitlionsblog.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/calvin-johnson-matthew-stafford-236x3001.jpg

http://houston.culturemap.com/site_media/uploads/photos/2010-10-10/matt_schaub_bummed.350w_263h.jpg

tjsunstein
02-06-2012, 04:12 PM
Packers vs. Patriots. It was my Super Bowl prediction this year and it will be my prediction again next year.

TimmG6376
02-06-2012, 04:19 PM
Packers v Houston.

Houston - The injuries they had this season means younger guys got experience. The defense will be even better and Schaub stays healthy.

Packers - The defense can't possibly be this bad again next season. Capers will get the D back on track. Maybe not back into the top 5 in total defense, more likely middle of the pack, which means as long as the offense stays in the top 5 they will be formidable.

SickwithIt1010
02-06-2012, 04:22 PM
Houston/New Orleans. I don't think Pittsburgh has enough to make a run. They're aging on defense. Same with Baltimore. And neither Ben nor Flacco has shown they can carry the team on a Super Bowl run. It seems like the reason there teams are there is because of strong defensive play.

Doesnt Ben have a couple rings already?????

jrdrylie
02-06-2012, 04:24 PM
Washington is an intriguing bet. If they get Manning and he is healthy, 125-1 odds would start looking really good.

DiG
02-06-2012, 04:29 PM
Washington is an intriguing bet. If they get Manning and he is healthy, 125-1 odds would start looking really good.

haha shhhh. my sis in law is going to vegas this weekend. having her put a bet down for the hell of it just in case

Brodeur
02-06-2012, 04:29 PM

Not with their main options being Fred Davis, Roy Helu, and Jabber Gaffney/Santana Moss.

DiG
02-06-2012, 04:31 PM
Not with their main options being Fred Davis, Roy Helu, and Jabber Gaffney/Santana Moss.

plus about $33million in cap and the 6th pick

prock
02-06-2012, 04:32 PM
GB vs. Houston. Houston wins by 174.

OzTitan
02-06-2012, 05:35 PM
plus about $33million in cap and the 6th pick

What the hell? the Redskins have cap space?

This is going to be a fun offseason :)

bored of education
02-06-2012, 05:41 PM
Chiefs v. Lions

Mufasa
02-06-2012, 05:45 PM
Saints over Texans

bam bam
02-06-2012, 05:47 PM

My eyes must have deceived me then....Flacco must have not put that game winning TD pass in Lee Evans unsecured breadbasket after picking apart the Pats all game.

The Alex
02-06-2012, 05:57 PM
Peyton goes to the Jets in the offseason and the media erupts in hype ejaculation when they meet the Giants in the Super Bowl. The battle for New York, in the Super Bowl, with Manning against Manning.

Brent
02-06-2012, 06:01 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v296/idiotnumbr3/Smith-smiling.jpg

I don't care who they play.

vidae
02-06-2012, 06:28 PM
Ha, the Chiefs are only 50:1!

Don Vito
02-06-2012, 07:08 PM
Pats/Giants

Nalej
02-06-2012, 07:10 PM
Pats/Giants

I effin' hope so

fenikz
02-06-2012, 07:25 PM
Strange that AZ is 60:1, after winning 7 of their last 9 and being the rumored front runner for Manning with 18 mil in cap space(more once Kolb is cut)

CJSchneider
02-06-2012, 07:35 PM
Broncos and Saints. Imgaine the write ups? The Saints vs a Real One.

You mean Jesus vs. the Apostles.

bigbuc
02-06-2012, 08:04 PM
Strange that AZ is 60:1, after winning 7 of their last 9 and being the rumored front runner for Manning with 18 mil in cap space(more once Kolb is cut)

Think about if Manning goes to AZ and they sign Wes Welker as well.

That 60:1 goes to 15:1 so fast.

Manning, Fitz and Wes... Wells and Williams running.

I just want to see it. Would be so much fun.

SenorGato
02-07-2012, 03:07 AM
You mean Jesus vs. the Apostles.

Does any dare betray him this time around?

WCH
02-07-2012, 05:40 AM

I don't know what people are smoking, and I hate to burst their bubble, but a fully-healthy Peyton Manning has lost playoff games with teams that were far more talented.

fenikz
02-07-2012, 07:42 AM
*Looks at 2-14 Colts*

Ya tons of talent

Sloopy
02-07-2012, 07:47 AM

Say what now?

Big Ben who has been in how many super bowls?

Also, it wasn't exactly Flacco's fault that they lost that game. Hell he made the throw that would have won it for them and sent them to the SB had it been caught.

As far as aging defenses:

The Steelers may lose a few key players in Hampton and Farrior in the middle of that defense, so the offseason will be huge for those guys.

The Ravens aren't exactly "aging" two players on D has two players who COULD retire in Reed and Ray and they still look pretty good, the rest of the D is south of 30 for the most part (JJ and Redding aren't but they weren't huge pieces and will be let go anyway).

What may hurt the Ravens is the loss of players along the OL. Birk will/should retire but he wasn't himself this season anyway, and Grubbs may leave in FA. So again, this offseason could be huge for us, but we really don't lose that much from this years team

DiG
02-07-2012, 08:05 AM
I don't know what people are smoking, and I hate to burst their bubble, but a fully-healthy Peyton Manning has lost playoff games with teams that were far more talented.

I don't know what people are smoking who think that whatever team does end up signing manning is not going to make any other offseason moves to improve their team...

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
02-07-2012, 10:07 AM
Honestly, I really don't see Peyton putting anyone over the hump. I really think if he can play next year, we're looking at an average to slightly above average QB. Sure, the mental aspect is all there, but there's a certain minimum physical threshold a QB has to hit in order to be elite, or anything near it. And that's a HUGE question mark for Mr. Manning right now.

DraftSavant
02-07-2012, 11:34 AM
Honestly, I really don't see Peyton putting anyone over the hump. I really think if he can play next year, we're looking at an average to slightly above average QB. Sure, the mental aspect is all there, but there's a certain minimum physical threshold a QB has to hit in order to be elite, or anything near it. And that's a HUGE question mark for Mr. Manning right now.

Shhhhh, let them dream.

AntoinCD
02-07-2012, 11:54 AM
Not being biased but I think the only team in the AFC standing in the Pats way next year is Houston. Obviously me saying this will jinx the team but the AFC East "should" be a cake walk next year. The Jets have so many issues and so little cap space. The Dolphins don't have a QB yet and the Bills don't scare me. The Pats also play Denver, the NFC West and the AFC South. Realistically only SF, Houston and Baltimore should give them problems.

Then take into account they have over 20 million in cap space.

They either go one of two ways IMO.

Resign Welker and a few others and get a big name WR in FA.

Then help out the defense during the draft.

Or, look at the defense and make a big splash in FA and trade up to go BPA in the draft.

The first option is more likely but I wouldn't be surprised by either.

After that I think the Pats will be tough to beat. But Houston will be damn good if Schaub stays healthy.

In the NFC I'm going to go out on a limb and say Detroit. Their offense is great, they hopefully get Leshoure healthy and they can address the defense.

gpngc
02-07-2012, 11:57 AM
If Peyton Manning comes back healthy, he absolutely can put a team over the hump. And anyone who predicts either way that he is or isn't going to be healthy is just making **** up so we might as well assume that he's going to be healthy. Obviously the preface is always going to be 'if healthy' so there's no point in talking about him unless you are talking about THE Peyton Manning. With that said, I would immediately LOVE Miami, Arizona, or Seattle if they got Manning.

Also, Houston is going to have a LOOOOT of expectations next year. And it'll be up to Schaub to step up and meet those lofty goals. HUGE year for Schaub coming up.

bantx
02-07-2012, 12:05 PM
I think people forgot how good Manning is.

DraftSavant
02-07-2012, 12:46 PM
If Peyton Manning comes back healthy, he absolutely can put a team over the hump. And anyone who predicts either way that he is or isn't going to be healthy is just making **** up so we might as well assume that he's going to be healthy. Obviously the preface is always going to be 'if healthy' so there's no point in talking about him unless you are talking about THE Peyton Manning. With that said, I would immediately LOVE Miami, Arizona, or Seattle if they got Manning.

Also, Houston is going to have a LOOOOT of expectations next year. And it'll be up to Schaub to step up and meet those lofty goals. HUGE year for Schaub coming up.

http://www.alsforums.com/forum/attachments/general-discussion-about-als-mnd/158d1189122054-pectoral-atrophy-atrophy.jpg

Atrophied baby arm.

Complex
02-07-2012, 12:49 PM
I think people forgot how good Manning is.

I think people forget that he got carried to his only SB win.

SuperPacker
02-07-2012, 12:57 PM
Eagles vs Chiefs! Heard it here first.

SuperPacker
02-07-2012, 01:00 PM

They just went 2-14 without him. With him they've been in the playoffs every year. Peyton carried this team.

He put da team on his back doe!

DraftSavant
02-07-2012, 01:05 PM

I think people seriously underrate the Indy talent earlier in the early-mid 2000s.

Their talent has been slowly getting worse since around 2008 and bottomed out this year.

Tarik Glenn's retirement was really when everything started falling apart IMO.

DraftSavant
02-07-2012, 01:09 PM
They just went 2-14 without him. With him they've been in the playoffs every year. Peyton carried this team.

He put da team on his back doe!

I always think this is interesting:

2007 Pats: 18-1, Superbowl appearance
2009 Pats: 11-5, Missed playoffs to a MIA team that went 1-15 the year before

2010 Colts: 10-7, First round playoff loss
2011 Colts: 2-14, First pick in the draft

Yet, there's only a one game difference in terms of win dropoff.

So, an elite QB is worth about 7.5 wins per season by himself. Damn.

AntoinCD
02-07-2012, 01:38 PM
I think people seriously underrate the Indy talent earlier in the early-mid 2000s.

Their talent has been slowly getting worse since around 2008 and bottomed out this year.

Tarik Glenn's retirement was really when everything started falling apart IMO.

Tarik Glenn could have been a hall of famer if he didn't play at the same time as guys like Orlando Pace, Jonathon Ogden etc. He was a phenomenal LT.

Jeff Saturday at his peak was a damn good OC as well.

Edgerrin James is another guy who had a great career in Indy.

Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne are both going to be fringe Hall of Famers too, Harrison will likely get in. Dallas Clark was also a top 3 TE in the NFL for a good few years so it's not like the offense was full of scrubs like it is now.

On defense Freeney was a star for most of the decade and Robert Mathis really became a great player in the second half of the decade.

Bob Sanders, while injured a lot, is a former DPOY and their defensive scheme in general made players like Cato June and Gary Brackett look much better.

The Colts were a great team even if you took Manning out up until they lost the Superbowl to New Orleans. Then injuries and bad drafting hurt them badly.

49ersfan_87
02-07-2012, 02:59 PM
AFC Contenders

-NE
-PIT
-BAL
-HOU

Dark horses: Eh....AFC seems to have gotten very weak. Maybe the Jets or Titans.

NFC Contenders

-NYG
-GB
-DET
-NO
-SF

Dark horses: CHI with a healthy Cutler, CAR with an improved defense might get a WC spot, PHI if you get Vick 2010

Complex
02-07-2012, 03:02 PM
Titans vs 49ers. Titans win of course.

bantx
02-07-2012, 03:06 PM
So many people make the argument about the QB is the most important position player on the field and then go and under rate Mannings QB play at QB. Manning was the offense, he called the plays, made the adjustments and the reason why that offense looked so great. Sure I'm not going to sit here and say he wasn't surrounded by talent, but you guys talk like he was just an average QB that won't make a difference on a different team.

DraftSavant
02-07-2012, 03:17 PM
So many people make the argument about the QB is the most important position player on the field and then go and under rate Mannings QB play at QB. Manning was the offense, he called the plays, made the adjustments and the reason why that offense looked so great. Sure I'm not going to sit here and say he wasn't surrounded by talent, but you guys talk like he was just an average QB that won't make a difference on a different team.

Specify, because I don't see anyone making this argument.

bantx
02-07-2012, 03:22 PM
Specify, because I don't see anyone making this argument.

Honestly, I really don't see Peyton putting anyone over the hump. I really think if he can play next year, we're looking at an average to slightly above average QB. Sure, the mental aspect is all there, but there's a certain minimum physical threshold a QB has to hit in order to be elite, or anything near it. And that's a HUGE question mark for Mr. Manning right now.Shhhhh, let them dream.

uhhh ok????

DraftSavant
02-07-2012, 03:25 PM
What is the caveat every single post there mentions?

Health.

DraftSavant
02-07-2012, 03:33 PM
Here's the real kicker nobody mentions:

Tony Dungy said in an interview that Manning hasn't really thrown at practice since the 2009 season because of the neck problems (and to save his arm).

Not a big deal for Indy, as he knew their playbook and personnel inside and out, right?

So how the **** is he going to
a) learn a new team's system
b) get on the same page with the offensive personnel
c) re-design his own game around his new physical limitations

if he can't even practice.

BB is right...pre-surgery Chad Pennington is what you can realistically expect at this point.

J-Mike88
02-07-2012, 05:11 PM
Not being biased but I think the only team in the AFC standing in the Pats way next year is Houston.
Wait a minute. Lee Evans and a kicker might not stand in your way again.... wait, or will they?

Funny how anyone can easily write NE past Baltimore next year when Baltimore was better than them this year, and they should continue to get better as the QB's best football is in front of him.

bucfan12
02-07-2012, 07:00 PM
Doesnt Ben have a couple rings already?????

Yeah, but honestly, I think Troy Polumalu lead defense was a bigger factor in getting there and winning than Ben. Ben is clutch, but I think the defense played a bigger part in getting to the big game all 3 times.

K Train
02-07-2012, 07:08 PM
Yeah, but honestly, I think Troy Polumalu lead defense was a bigger factor in getting there and winning than Ben. Ben is clutch, but I think the defense played a bigger part in getting to the big game all 3 times.
steelers live and die by ben...and when he was banged up this year from san fran til denver....they died.

polamalu is not the reason....not by a long shot

Sloopy
02-07-2012, 08:15 PM
steelers live and die by ben...and when he was banged up this year from san fran til denver....they died.

polamalu is not the reason....not by a long shot

THIS.

If anything Troy's success is only possible because of all the other talent around him.

He wouldn't be able to roam around that defense the way he does if it wasn't such a talented group

Smooth Criminal
02-07-2012, 08:58 PM
Wait people are still saying Ben can't take a team to the Superbowl after he's been to 3? Time to give it up people.

And to whoever suggested it, I would love to see Ben and Eli play. Probably my two favorite QBs in the league today. And I would certainly bet on either QB with the ball last to win the game.