PDA

View Full Version : FA's you want your team to go after and FA's you want your team to keep.

Ness
02-06-2012, 04:32 PM
Free agency isn't until March, so we can only speculate at the moment, but think of this thread kind of like a wish list. What free agents would you like your team to try hard and pursue from other teams and what free agents from your own team do you want to keep?

There are a lot of wide receivers that are going to be FA's. I can't remember the last time there were so many slated for free agency. For the 49ers, I really hope they consider going after Pierre Garcon. He's only 25 and had over 900 yards and a good average on a really bad team. I didn't see him play that much so I can only go off statistics, but it looks pretty nice on paper. He has really nice size, although his hands have been suspect in the past. But at least he can some separation. I think him and Josh Morgan have the potential to make a good duo (I'm almost fed up with Crabtree). I'm afraid the Colts draft Andrew Luck and might not want to part with both Wayne and Garcon for their new quarterback. I can only hope Garcon wants to try another landing spot and maybe come to the west coast. I think this is a really low chance of happening (the local papers/beat writers seem to believe that Garcon and Mathis will be back with new deals), but I'd really be happy if the 49ers at least tried.

As for who they want to keep, it's Ahmad Brooks. The 49ers have a lot of free agents including their star players. The big four are Alex Smith, Ahmad Brooks, Carlos Rogers, and Dashon Goldson. Smith will be back no problem. Goldson will probably be franchised. At least that is the thinking from some 49ers beat writers. The other two, Brooks and Goldson are looking for long term deals. Brooks is 28 I think and Rogers is or will be 31. I really don't want to break up the front seven and go back to have an average to terrible pass rush like the 49ers have had for years. I'd rather take my chances and let Rogers walk and keep Brooks. The front seven can get pressure and the secondary's job should be easier. Rogers has made a lot of plays though (game saving plays) so it's a big risk. Still though, I'm taking my chances with Brooks.

DiG
02-06-2012, 04:34 PM
Would love the Skins to target:

Peyton Manning
Dwayne Bowe
Pierre Garcon (bet he follows peyton)
Eddie Royal
Chris Myers
Ben Grubbs
Tyvon Branch
Brandon Carr
Brent Grimes

nobodyinparticular
02-06-2012, 04:37 PM

Peyton Manning
Dwayne Bowe
Pierre Garcon
Eddie Royal
Chris Myers
Ben Grubbs
Tyvon Branch
Brandon Carr
Brent Grimes
You can keep your grubby hands off Tyvon Branch!

VernonLawson89
02-06-2012, 04:48 PM
I hope the Niners get any of these guys:

Dwayne Bowe
Marques Colston
V-Jax
D-Jax
Carl Nicks

Caddy
02-06-2012, 04:50 PM
If Carl Nicks makes it to the open market, he is going to get a hugeeee contract.

Hines
02-06-2012, 04:50 PM
Though money is limited, I want the Steelers to go after:

Vernon Carey
Tracy Porter
Neil Rackers
Dan Connor
Jon Goff

TimmG6376
02-06-2012, 05:00 PM
Not my team but I have to believe Eddie Royal to the Patriots would be an excellent fit. Pats need someone who can get deep and would reunite Royal with McD.

I know Thompson likely won't sign anyone, but I could see maybe Jarrett Johnson if it was at a reasonable price. There really isn't much available in FA at positions of need.

Must keep Wells. They have no one who could step in for him.

bigbluedefense
02-06-2012, 05:03 PM
I want us to re-sign all our own guys, and go after Curtis Lofton to be our starting MIKE. That would be a dream offseason for me.

Bulldogs
02-06-2012, 05:05 PM
I want us to re-sign all our own guys, and go after Curtis Lofton to be our starting MIKE. That would be a dream offseason for me.

You get your dirty hands off of Curtis Lofton.

bigbluedefense
02-06-2012, 05:06 PM
You get your dirty hands off of Curtis Lofton.

You guys don't want him. You want Mario Williams. Get Mario so we can get Curtis.

Or we'll trade you Osi for Lofton. That's my final offer.

DiG
02-06-2012, 05:08 PM
Not my team but I have to believe Eddie Royal to the Patriots would be an excellent fit. Pats need someone who can get deep and would reunite Royal with McD.

why would he want to reunite with McD? His only solid season was his rookie year with Shanahan.

MetSox17
02-06-2012, 05:08 PM
These are key free agents we've come to a consensus in the Cowboys forum that we wanna go after (and we have the money for it, too);

1. Carl Nicks - Doubt he hits FA, but if he does i'm down to give him a 6-8/per deal.

2. Brandon Carr - We need CB help, bad.

3. Michael Griffin - (see above).

4. Paul Soliai - We're in desperate need of a true NT, which would allow Jay Ratliff to play his more natural position of DE.

Bulldogs
02-06-2012, 05:09 PM
You guys don't want him. You want Mario Williams. Get Mario so we can get Curtis.

Or we'll trade you Osi for Lofton. That's my final offer.

Only way I'd be satisfied letting go of Lofton is to get a great pass rusher like Mario Williams. Otherwise, I'd be pretty pissed. Weatherspoon and Lofton are so beastly together.

Brent
02-06-2012, 05:12 PM
I would be okay with the Niners chasing Robert Meachem and Cortland Finnegan.

descendency
02-06-2012, 05:14 PM
I'm so glad no one wants Mario Williams, because he's exactly what the Patriots need.

TimmG6376
I'm so glad no one wants Mario Williams, because he's exactly what the Patriots need.

Well there is a difference between want and being realistic about how your favorite franchise operates.

bigbluedefense
Only way I'd be satisfied letting go of Lofton is to get a great pass rusher like Mario Williams. Otherwise, I'd be pretty pissed. Weatherspoon and Lofton are so beastly together.

That's what I'm hoping for, that you guys use your money on Williams which would free him up to coming to us.

A stud MIKE is the only missing piece to our defense, it would dramatically improve our defense. And Lofton is a beast. I love Spoon too, if JPP wasn't on the board I wanted Spoon.

It will be interesting to see if Lofton is high on the priority list for Nolan's defense. Having those 2 LBs were vital for a Tampa style defense, but with Nolan's zone blitz, he might go after a cheaper option like Crowder in FA who is familiar with his system (Crowder wants to play for ATL) and use the money he saved on a Mario Williams.

TimmG6376
02-06-2012, 05:15 PM
why would he want to reunite with McD? His only solid season was his rookie year with Shanahan.

Hmm...I guess I got my timeline wrong.

Caddy
02-06-2012, 05:17 PM
These are key free agents we've come to a consensus in the Cowboys forum that we wanna go after (and we have the money for it, too);

1. Carl Nicks - Doubt he hits FA, but if he does i'm down to give him a 6-8/per deal.

2. Brandon Carr - We need CB help, bad.

3. Michael Griffin - (see above).

4. Paul Soliai - We're in desperate need of a true NT, which would allow Jay Ratliff to play his more natural position of DE.

6 a year for Nicks would be a bargain. He is going to exceed the contract that Davin Joseph got last year which I think was 7/53 with 20mil guaranteed.

mightytitan9
02-06-2012, 05:20 PM
For the Titans I'd really like to keep Jason Jones and Cortland Finnegan, I also think Ahmard Hall will stay. The Titans are reportedly done with Hope, Griffin, Scott and Ruud.

In terms of potential free agent signings, Tyvon Branch comes to mind first. Followed by Robert Mathis / John Abraham.

DeepThreat
02-06-2012, 05:25 PM
Wish List

1. Mario Williams
2. Dwayne Bowe

tjsunstein
02-06-2012, 05:25 PM
Obviously I want to keep Flynn around but that's near impossible so getting some kind of compensation for him would be nice.

This team needs to keep Jermichael Finley and Scott Wells.

As everyone knows, going out and signing players isn't how the Packers' front office operates but if they were to feel the need to pursue someone, I would look in the defensive front seven and moreso a bargain player who could sneak into regular playing time.

Bulldogs
02-06-2012, 05:26 PM
That's what I'm hoping for, that you guys use your money on Williams which would free him up to coming to us.

A stud MIKE is the only missing piece to our defense, it would dramatically improve our defense. And Lofton is a beast. I love Spoon too, if JPP wasn't on the board I wanted Spoon.

It will be interesting to see if Lofton is high on the priority list for Nolan's defense. Having those 2 LBs were vital for a Tampa style defense, but with Nolan's zone blitz, he might go after a cheaper option like Crowder in FA who is familiar with his system (Crowder wants to play for ATL) and use the money he saved on a Mario Williams.

I would be satisfied with that. We also drafted Akeem Dent last year, who apparently has looked pretty solid. Win/win for both of us.

MetSox17
02-06-2012, 05:26 PM
6 a year for Nicks would be a bargain. He is going to exceed the contract that Davin Joseph got last year which I think was 7/53 with 20mil guaranteed.

By 6-8 i meant more around 7ish. But i'd like it less if we went over 8 per. We really need some of that money to spread around to a few other FAs.

bigbluedefense
02-06-2012, 05:29 PM
Isn't Michael Griffin a pretty average Safety? I don't think he'd be worth overpaying for.

Especially since Dallas already paid Sensy waaay too much.

killxswitch
02-06-2012, 05:37 PM

Peyton Manning
Dwayne Bowe
Pierre Garcon
Eddie Royal
Chris Myers
Ben Grubbs
Tyvon Branch
Brandon Carr
Brent Grimes

You leave Pierre Garcon alone! I'd also mention Manning but I have no idea what to even think with him. I am strangely not panicking about him leaving. I guess because we'll have Luck, but still.

Keepers:

Robert Mathis
Jamaal Anderson
Pierre Garcon
Quinn Ojinaka

Sign others:

Aubrayo Franklin - we're moving to a 3-4 at some point and have no NT.
Antonio Garay - See above

Igor Olshansky - we're moving to a 3-4 at some point and need good DEs
Shaun Ellis - See above

Jarrett Johnson - Has experience with Pags and we will need 3-4 LBs

Dwayne Bowe - we could use a big body possession WR
Marques Colston - see above

Ben Grubbs - We need guards and Grubbs is great

Brent
02-06-2012, 05:47 PM
Isn't Michael Griffin a pretty average Safety?
that's being kind

DoughBoy
02-06-2012, 05:48 PM
I want any interior lineman with a pulse. As far as our FAs go, Jason Jones and Finnegan are the only ones that I would be sad to see go. Im so tired of waiting for Michael Griffin to stop playing like a pillow.

DI
02-06-2012, 06:09 PM
For the Giants, I want us to and think we will bring back Blackburn, Tollefson, Terrell Thomas, Devin Thomas and Derrick Martin. I love TT and the others mentioned aren't big time players but they excel at what they are asked to do and fit our team perfectly. Other free agents that we have will most likely command more money than what they're worth and somebody will probably give it to them. I'm all for letting Aaron Ross walk, as I feel he is severely overrated and, though I'd love to keep Manningham, I have no doubt that a team is going to give him a nice contract that we won't match. As far as other teams free agents, I'd love to sign Dan Connor to be our MIKE. Also, if Mario does go, would like to maybe look at a someone like a Robert Meachem, Laurent Robinson or Eddie Royal to take his place as our #3 receiver, if the money is right.

Jvig43
02-06-2012, 06:12 PM
I hope the Niners get any of these guys:

Dwayne Bowe
Marques Colston
V-Jax
D-Jax
Carl Nicks

This but only for the Patriots.

Timbathia
02-06-2012, 06:16 PM
Need to keep Brodrick Bunkley - not flashy, but far better than anyone else we have at DT.

T-RICH49
02-06-2012, 06:17 PM

Peyton Manning
Dwayne Bowe
Pierre Garcon (bet he follows peyton)
Eddie Royal
Chris Myers
Ben Grubbs
Tyvon Branch
Brandon Carr
Brent Grimes

I will fight you for Bowe and Carr

bigbluedefense
02-06-2012, 06:17 PM
Need to keep Brodrick Bunkley - not flashy, but far better than anyone else we have at DT.

I thought that was a great pickup. Bunk is a very underrated NT. He's not going to give you anything as a pass rusher, but he's that big nasty NT every team needs. Philly should have never let him go.

T-RICH49
02-06-2012, 06:20 PM
Keepers:

Bowe
Carr
McClain

Sign:
Franklin or Solai - desperately need a NT
Carey - need a RT badly
Nicks - need to upgrade the OL in general
V-Jax - in case Bowe leaves

The Alex
02-06-2012, 06:23 PM
KEEP
Jason Jones
Michael Griffin
Jordan Babineaux
Cortland Finnegan

PURSUE
Carl Nicks
Ben Grubbs
Scott Wells or Nick Hardwick
Curtis Lofton
Dwayne Bowe
Steve Johnson

Ness
02-06-2012, 06:29 PM
I would be okay with the Niners chasing Robert Meachem and Cortland Finnegan.

Really? I don't see Meachem being an impact player. I think Brees makes him better than he actually is. And Finnegan seems overrated.

vidae
02-06-2012, 06:30 PM
I'd be shocked if Bowe or Carr left the Chiefs in FA. Sorry to put a rain on your parade guys!

I hope we sign Nicks. That is pretty much the only player I want.

DraftSavant
02-06-2012, 06:38 PM
I'd also mention Manning but I have no idea what to even think with him. I am strangely not panicking about him leaving. I guess because we'll have Luck, but still.

You Indy fans are a nice bunch, but statements like this make it really hard for me not to hate all of you.

DoughBoy
02-06-2012, 06:41 PM
Really? I don't see Meachem being an impact player. I think Brees makes him better than he actually is. And Finnegan seems overrated.
How is Finnegan overrated? I never hear anyone other than titans fans sing his praises.

bigbluedefense
02-06-2012, 06:41 PM
You Indy fans are a nice bunch, but statements like this make it really hard for me not to hate all of you.

Well...if it makes you feel any better...Gabbert will probably land you the #1 overall pick next year and you can draft Matt Barkley.

DraftSavant
02-06-2012, 06:42 PM
Well...if it makes you feel any better...Gabbert will probably land you the #1 overall pick next year and you can draft Matt Barkley.

http://media.govolsxtra.com/media/img/photos/2010/10/23/utbama07_mp_13951_t300.jpg

WANT RITE NAO

Really, though, going from Leftwich to Garrard to Gabbert has been teh sux0rz.

cmarq83
02-06-2012, 06:47 PM
What the Patriots should do this offseason in a nutshell:

Keepers
Wes Welker
Kyle Love
Andre Carter
Dan Connolly

Free agents

Calais Campbell
Ahmad Brooks
Brandon Lloyd

Draft
Trade up for Morris Claiborne and snag a safety in the second.

Nalej
02-06-2012, 06:48 PM
Keep: W.Welker, M.Anderson, D.Connolly

Wants: V or DJax, R.Meachem, C. Campbell and Ahmad Brooks

Pipe dream: M. Williams

Any other 5 techs hitting the market?

fenikz
02-06-2012, 06:59 PM
Every single olinemen

And we need to keep Calais Campbell

Nalej
02-06-2012, 07:02 PM
And we need to keep Calais Campbell

That's impossible if he's in a NE uniform, sir

edit:

AZ to franchise CC

http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/cardinals_will_use_the_franchise_tag_on_de_calais_ campbell/9578810

Vox Populi
02-06-2012, 07:29 PM
Keep
Stevie Johnson WR
Scott Chandler TE
Demetrius Bell OL
Craig Urbik OL
Chad Rinehart OL
Bryan Scott S
Reggie Corner CB
Rian Lindell K

Let Go
Andra Davie LB
Reggie Torbor LB
Garrison Sanborn LB
Kirk Morrison LB

Sign
Laurent Robinson WR DAL
Terrell Thomas CB NYG

Those two guys won't break the bank and would be huge upgrades for the Bills who are probably going to trade/cut one or both of Leodis McKelvin and Terrence McGee. I doubt either of those guys will stay on the open market for very long if they make it there.

TACKLE
02-06-2012, 07:34 PM
I really don't care about going out and signing FA's as long as we're able to bring back Rice, Webb and Grubbs.

ChiFan24
02-06-2012, 07:36 PM
Stevie Johnson for the Bears, since Bowe won't hit the open market. I'm hoping Nix throws a ton of money at Vincent Jackson and lets Johnson get away. Also John Carlson would be a nice option on a 1 year deal. A guy like Brandon Carr would be nice depending on the cost.

I want Osi too. Not a FA, but I'd trade for him and give him a contract.

bigbuc
02-06-2012, 07:42 PM
For the Bucs

1. Sign Lofton, if we can't get out hands on him then sign both Dan Connor and David Hawthorne.

2. Dashon Goldson- Having Tjax and Goldson would give the bucs on of the better safety combos in the league. As much as we need to sign a CB I Hate how Avg CB make top tier money.

3. Keep Haynesworth- Guy played nice ball for us and can be a 20 to 30 snaps a game guy. Plus with McCoy and Price injury history we need a half way good back up.

4. John Carlson- K2 is on thin ice in tampa.

5. Robert Meachem as a speed deep guy.

indyfan1985
02-06-2012, 07:51 PM
For the Colts, I think they resign Mathis, Wheeler, and Garcon.

I would like to see them go out and sign OG Carl Nicks since they should have the money to once Peyton is gone.

indyfan1985
02-06-2012, 07:53 PM

We earned the right to draft Luck, get over it.

Brent
02-06-2012, 08:08 PM
I wish we had a deep threat that could catch a pass (looking at you Ted Ginn), and I've always been a fan of Finnegan.

BeerBaron
02-06-2012, 08:10 PM
I, like anyone with a pulse, would greatly enjoy Carl Nicks to my team.

scottyboy
02-06-2012, 08:18 PM
i would like to keep chase blackburn, manningham and sign Raymell baby Rice.

that would make me insta-jizz.

DraftSavant
02-06-2012, 08:20 PM

******* BS tank job, just like the Spurs getting Duncan.

Brent
02-06-2012, 08:21 PM
If he was a Niner, that o-line would be monstrous.

SickwithIt1010
02-06-2012, 08:26 PM
Would love for us to bring back D Jax but who knows with that situation. All signs from this past season point to him being gone, but I just cant see him in another uni, its just one of those gut feelings that he will be back. However,
bringing him back may hurt chances of extending Maclin and Shady so its tough.

Main guys I would like to see/expect to see the eagles go after...

D'Qwell Jackson/Curtis Lofton- Long shots because I expect them to get pretty big contracts and the eagles will not be able to spend the type of money they did last season.

Manny Lawson- This is the guy that I REALLY want. Didnt work out as a 3-4 rusher in SF, but the guy was very good against the run and could get after the passer a little bit (just not to the extent they wanted him to). I think he would be a perfect fit at the SAM for us.

bigbuc
02-06-2012, 08:27 PM
******* BS tank job, just like the Spurs getting Duncan.

Yeah Because Manning would not play for a whole year so the Colts can draft Luck and cut him... sure that's how it went down.

coordinator0
02-06-2012, 08:38 PM
I really don't care about going out and signing FA's as long as we're able to bring back Rice, Webb and Grubbs.

Pretty much this. Webb being a RFA helps a lot. I don't expect us to go after any outside free agents. Maybe some cheap vets but that's all we can afford after bringing back our own guys.

Sloopy
02-06-2012, 09:12 PM

I think we lose Grubbs but it's gunna make mea soa sad :(

Jvig43
02-06-2012, 09:18 PM

Bwhahaha this guy.

ChiFan24
02-06-2012, 09:35 PM

I wouldn't want him for what he'll cost. Paying big money to guards is no way to build a team IMO.

BeerBaron
02-06-2012, 09:38 PM
I wouldn't want him for what he'll cost. Paying big money to guards is no way to build a team IMO.

Anywhere you can add elite talent to the o-line is worth it. The Saints have had great success the last couple of years with two pro bowl guards and so-so tackles.

Mr. Goosemahn
02-06-2012, 09:42 PM
For those whose teams need receivers, how would you fell about trading a first for Mike Wallace?

I know some have mentioned it before, but with the Steelers being $20 million over the cap and needing to resign a couple guys here and there, I could see some team signing him to a relatively large deal and the Steelers being unable to match it.

Hopefully not New England :(

BeerBaron
02-06-2012, 09:52 PM
Mike Wallace would be just what the doctor ordered in New England. That plus drafting a bunch of defenders would be a scary thing for the AFC.

Caddy
02-06-2012, 09:53 PM
For those whose teams need receivers, how would you fell about trading a first for Mike Wallace?

I know some have mentioned it before, but with the Steelers being $20 million over the cap and needing to resign a couple guys here and there, I could see some team signing him to a relatively large deal and the Steelers being unable to match it.

If I was a team from like 12+ down looking at a receiver like Kendall Wright, I'd rather trade for Mike Wallace.

Nalej
02-06-2012, 10:12 PM

No. 27? No. 31? Yes please! As long as his contract demand isn't ridiculous.
Which I doubt it won't be... so probably won't happen. Pipe dream though.
Need money to resign Welker and... ?
So much cap space! What to do?! I don't know!

BeerBaron
02-06-2012, 10:36 PM
I'd give up Welker if it meant getting Wallace. Honestly. And I greatly enjoy Welker.

Nalej
02-06-2012, 11:08 PM
I'd give up Welker if it meant getting Wallace. Honestly. And I greatly enjoy Welker.

Ehhh, that's a hard one to swallow (that's what she said)
I honestly think the Pats have enough cap room to grab them both so I don't think it's necessary.
Only reason I see not to is if BB made a play for Mario, which I doubt.
It's not like he hasn't tried before though. (ala Adalius Thomas)

killxswitch
02-06-2012, 11:21 PM
Bwhahaha this guy.

Your team went 11-5 when your superstar QB missed a season. Believe me, 2-14 sucks balls. I don't know if Polian was pulling strings to make the team lose or if he just completely lost his mind. If it was planned it sure as hell backfired. But anyway from a fan perspective, yes, I think that ****** season means we "earned" the right to draft Luck. The Colts roster is pretty bad right now and Manning isn't coming back.

VernonLawson89
02-06-2012, 11:21 PM
If he was a Niner, that o-line would be monstrous.

Nicks is from SF, so he'd be right at home, and maybe Jonathan Goodwin can convince him to come.

Stevie Johnson is also a Bay Area kid, and we could use him.

bigbuc
02-07-2012, 12:19 AM

If I was NE I would give up the 27th and a second rounder for Wallace.

Scotty D
02-07-2012, 12:26 AM
I always got the feeling Polian was tanking.

Also, A first and second for Mike Wallace? No way. The free agency class is deep at WR. Jerry Jones topped the market with Roy Williams for a 1st and 3rd. No one has got that value recently.

kalbears13
02-07-2012, 12:27 AM

Your team went 11-5 when your superstar QB missed a season. Believe me, 2-14 sucks balls. I don't know if Polian was pulling strings to make the team lose or if he just completely lost his mind. If it was planned it sure as hell backfired. But anyway from a fan perspective, yes, I think that ****** season means we "earned" the right to draft Luck. The Colts roster is pretty bad right now and Manning isn't coming back.

Get. The. ****. Out.

:'(

Nalej
02-07-2012, 12:30 AM
Yea, I'm not down with a 1st and a 2nd.
A low 1st though? Yea, wtf not? (If the contract request isn't too bad)

Scotty D
02-07-2012, 12:42 AM
I think people are overreacting to the Pats WR situation because of the Super Bowl. I understand though. Still, bring back Welker, try to a big FA WR like Desean Jackson or settle for Brandon Lloyd. Their WR core isn't the best but the problem with the offense was Gronkowski's health.

Caddy
02-07-2012, 12:56 AM
I think people are overreacting to the Pats WR situation because of the Super Bowl. I understand though. Still, bring back Welker, try to a big FA WR like Desean Jackson or settle for Brandon Lloyd. Their WR core isn't the best but the problem with the offense was Gronkowski's health.

This is very true. They have Welker who is obviously legit. Combine that with two awesome receiving tight ends and you have three legitimate targets to throw to, something a ton of teams would absolutely love. They could use a bigger bodied guy for the red-zone, but they absolutely don't need another elite caliber receiver. Maybe Laurent Robinson is a realistic target if he gets a reasonable contract.

prock
02-07-2012, 01:11 AM
I want the Vikings to go after Grubbs, Grimes, and Branch. That would be neat.

49erNation85
02-07-2012, 01:27 AM
I just wish SF would find a better Wide out then Crabtree.He is begging to be bust ....

Bengalsrocket
02-07-2012, 01:43 AM
I'm not really sure what's going on with Simpson, apparently a Grand Jury indicted him on January 19th, but haven't heard anything since then. I would really love to see the Bengals pick up a veteran receiver like Brandon Lloyd to be the #2 behind Green. Judging by the interest on this board though, I doubt Mike Brown will be able to financially compete for him though.

bigbuc
02-07-2012, 01:56 AM
I always got the feeling Polian was tanking.

Also, A first and second for Mike Wallace? No way. The free agency class is deep at WR. Jerry Jones topped the market with Roy Williams for a 1st and 3rd. No one has got that value recently.

It's a good thing that Wallace has more 1000 yard seasons than Roy in 3 seasons to Roy's 8.

I'm sorry but if the Pats traded their 1st and 2nd would be 31 and 63rd for a top 8 WR and the best speed guy in the league wouldn't be bad.

It's funny how NFL Teams overvalue draft picks 364 days out of the year. Then on draft night go nuts in trading them away.

Scotty D
02-07-2012, 02:08 AM
BB will never do it. Not how you build a football team.

SenorGato
02-07-2012, 02:55 AM
Go after:

Peyton Manning when the time comes
Mario Williams
Colston? Sure
Wayne (with Manning)
I like Early Doucet so him
John Carlson/Scott Chandler/Some other young vet TE with size
CALAIS CAMPBELL
Landry/Griffin/Branch

fear the elf
02-07-2012, 06:33 AM

Get. The. ****. Out.

:'(

Exactly what kal said. **** you Indy fans if this is what you actually think.

noondog
02-07-2012, 07:02 AM
For the Lions:

Keep

Cliff Avril
Stephen Tulloch
Eric Wright
Jeff Backus

Go Get 'Em

Cortland Finnegan
Calais Campbell

Pipe Dream

Mario F'n Williams on a D-line with Suh, Fairley and Avril??? Gross.

DiG
02-07-2012, 07:20 AM
Hmm...I guess I got my timeline wrong.

Yea it looks like you're off by a year.

Rookie season Shanahan:
15 games, 91 receptions, 980 yards, 5 tds

2 years under McDaniels:
30 games, 96 receptions, 972 yards, 3 tds

Current Broncos Staff:
12 games, 19 rec, 155 yards, 1 td

Yea no way he stays in Denver.

Prowler
02-07-2012, 07:25 AM
I think that the Patriots would go for Reggie Wayne over a burner. He's great at WR read routes and even though he's not a burner, he's great down the field.

killxswitch
02-07-2012, 08:41 AM
Exactly what kal said. **** you Indy fans if this is what you actually think.

What exactly are you crying about? When your team sucks, you get the first pick. The team, without Manning, sucks.

BeerBaron
02-07-2012, 08:44 AM
What exactly are you crying about? When your team sucks, you get the first pick. The team, without Manning, sucks.

I do think it teaches a ****** lesson. "Hey NFL teams, don't bother getting a replacement in the fold for your aging franchise QB. Just suck for a year after he gets hurt/retires and draft a new awesome QB!"

fear the elf
02-07-2012, 08:48 AM

You're team has been awesome for over a decade and won a Super Bowl. Don't tell me you earned **** by being bad for a year. Take your back-to-back GOAT and "best prospect in decades" QBs and shut the **** up. Luckiest fan-base in the NFL, acting like people should feel for them...

killxswitch
02-07-2012, 08:50 AM
You're team has been awesome for over a decade and won a Super Bowl. Don't tell me you earned **** by being bad for a year. Take your back-to-back GOAT and "best prospect in decades" QBs and shut the **** up. Luckiest fan-base in the NFL, acting like people should feel for them...

Sorry you have to be a Browns fan bud.

fear the elf
02-07-2012, 08:51 AM
Sorry you have to be a Browns fan bud.

I accept your sympathy, but I'd prefer your #1 pick. :)

killxswitch
02-07-2012, 09:10 AM
I accept your sympathy, but I'd prefer your #1 pick. :)

You can at least make fun of him for being ugly.

TimmG6376
02-07-2012, 09:41 AM
Yea it looks like you're off by a year.

Rookie season Shanahan:
15 games, 91 receptions, 980 yards, 5 tds

2 years under McDaniels:
30 games, 96 receptions, 972 yards, 3 tds

Current Broncos Staff:
12 games, 19 rec, 155 yards, 1 td

Yea no way he stays in Denver.

But the Skins could use some WR help. I've always like Eddie. Hope he can go somewhere and regain his rookie form.

rockio42
02-07-2012, 09:55 AM
With McDaniels going back to New England and Brandon Lloyd's contract up with STL, I would shocked if he doesn't end up in NE to help round out that receiving core.

ATLDirtyBirds
02-07-2012, 10:44 AM

I've always said he'd be perfect for you guys. I love your defense enough as it is, but adding 5-0 would really put it over the top.

But yes, I'm down with the idea of Crowder and Mario. Imagine Mario in Nolan's system? Sweet Jesus.

I would be satisfied with that. We also drafted Akeem Dent last year, who apparently has looked pretty solid. Win/win for both of us.

Dent's a great ST guy, and a nice versatile backer. I'm not sure I love the idea of him starting though. He can take over the Mike Peterson role.

Otherwise here are the guys I'd hope we at least look into (that I think is atleast somewhat realistic so no Nicks): Mario Williams, Mario Manningham, Eddie Royal, Terrell Thomas, Fred Davis, LaRon Landry, Paul Solali, Michael Griffin

DraftSavant
02-07-2012, 10:54 AM
Yeah Because Manning would not play for a whole year so the Colts can draft Luck and cut him... sure that's how it went down.

No, but when you realize Manning won't be able to play and begin filling your roster out with members of the 0-16 Lion squad...

BaLLiN
02-07-2012, 10:54 AM
Jermichael Finley

PoopSandwich
02-07-2012, 10:55 AM
Not a single mention of Hillis, I'm surprised.

Prowler
02-07-2012, 10:57 AM
Not a single mention of Hillis, I'm surprised.

I'm still waiting to see if his agent tells him to play hard this season.

vidae
02-07-2012, 10:58 AM
Hillis would be a solid backup/change of pace to Charles. I wouldn't hate him on KC.

TACKLE
02-07-2012, 11:00 AM
Jermichael Finley

That would be terrifying.

ImBrotherCain
I'm still waiting to see if his agent tells him to play hard this season.

Or if he is on the cover of Madden again.

BaLLiN
Giants:

Keep:
Mario, Bernard, Carr, Ballard, Pascoe, Blackburn, Weatherford, T2, Devin Thomas

Pick-up:
Jermichael Finley

BaLLiN
02-07-2012, 11:01 AM
That would be terrifying.

Im gunna test it out on madden and see how it is :)

dan77733
02-07-2012, 12:39 PM
49ers

Go after -

1) WR DeSean Jackson (if not franchised)
2) CB Jason Allen (nickelback)
3) DE Adam Carriker (backup depth)

If Jackson is franchised, I wouldnt mind Garcon, Bowe, V. Jackson, etc. but quite honestly, I prefer DeSean.

Re-sign -

1) QB Alex Smith
2) OLB Ahmad Brooks
3) FS Dashon Goldson (expected to be franchised if not re-signed)
4) ILB Larry Grant (RFA, want to extend but im hoping that at the very least, he's tendered at the second round level even though I would tender him at the first round level)
5) RG Adam Snyder
6) WR Ted Ginn
7) ILB Blake Costanzo
8) ILB Tavares Gooden
9) FS C.J. Spillman (RFA, would also tender at the second round)
10) CB Tramaine Brock (ERFA)

Some may be wondering where CB Carlos Rogers is but he'll be 31 before the season and while he was good at times, he got beat badly in the playoffs and isnt worth the money/risk. Would much rather pay Brooks who at 28 has a bigger upside than Rogers and I want to see the front seven kept intact. Losing brooks would hurt more than losing Rogers. Also, wouldnt have a problem with Culliver/Brown/Allen as the top three corners.

Complex
02-07-2012, 12:50 PM
Mario Williams and Carl Nicks would be fine.

AntoinCD
02-07-2012, 12:57 PM
Patriots:

Resign Welker***with the proviso that it does not make him a top 5 paid WR. I love the guy and he has been mega productive but I don't want to break the bank for him.

Robert Meachem-All signs point to it being Brandon Lloyd which I don't hate but I think Meachem has massive potential as a deep threat in this offense.

Mario Williams-Pipe dream here but if BB decides the defense needs a star then he is the kind of guy who has the balls to pull it off.

Brent Grimes/Michael Griffen-Secondary help is a must. Grimes will cost more than Griffen so I would maybe hedge for Griffen and look at CB in the draft.

BeerBaron
02-07-2012, 12:59 PM
I would hate Brandon Lloyd being the answer at WR. The guy is good for one circus catch per game and more comeback routes than a reasonable person would like to count.

He's absolutely nothing special and would probably be out of football had it not been for McD's system grossly inflating his stats for one season.

AntoinCD
02-07-2012, 01:04 PM
I would hate Brandon Lloyd being the answer at WR. The guy is good for one circus catch per game and more comeback routes than a reasonable person would like to count.

He's absolutely nothing special and would probably be out of football had it not been for McD's system grossly inflating his stats for one season.

Agreed but Lloyd in McDaniels' system is better than Ochocinco and his 270 yards per season.

BeerBaron
02-07-2012, 01:07 PM
Agreed but Lloyd in McDaniels' system is better than Ochocinco and his 270 yards per season.

Nearly anyone would be better than that, but it's no reason to settle on Lloyd. It would hurt me as a fan to see them "settle" in a situation like that where there are multiple good WRs available this year.

I'd love to see the Pats go for Mike Wallace. That would be such a sick move and an ideal fit.You'd have to give up draft picks, but **** it, who are you going to draft at 27 or 31 better than Mike Wallace? And the Steelers are in such cap hell that they may struggle to match a reasonable offer.

AntoinCD
02-07-2012, 01:18 PM
Nearly anyone would be better than that, but it's no reason to settle on Lloyd. It would hurt me as a fan to see them "settle" in a situation like that where there are multiple good WRs available this year.

I'd love to see the Pats go for Mike Wallace. That would be such a sick move and an ideal fit.You'd have to give up draft picks, but **** it, who are you going to draft at 27 or 31 better than Mike Wallace? And the Steelers are in such cap hell that they may struggle to match a reasonable offer.

Yeah I'm not getting my hopes up. Belichick doesn't normally give up big contracts to free agents and doesn't normally give up draft picks, let alone doing both, but I agree Wallace would be a phenomenal fit.

I just want someone who can turn the Pats from a horizontal offense to a vertical offense. Pretty much every team plays the Pats offense the same way. Jam the WRs and flood the middle of the field. Only really the Steelers, Giants and Ravens were able to do it with success though. But when you get to the playoffs you expect good defenses. If Mike Wallace is clearing out a CB and taking a safety I can just imagine the damage that Gronk and Hernandez could do. Hell I would let Welker go to free up money for that.

BeerBaron
02-07-2012, 01:20 PM
Yeah I'm not getting my hopes up. Belichick doesn't normally give up big contracts to free agents and doesn't normally give up draft picks, let alone doing both, but I agree Wallace would be a phenomenal fit.

I just want someone who can turn the Pats from a horizontal offense to a vertical offense. Pretty much every team plays the Pats offense the same way. Jam the WRs and flood the middle of the field. Only really the Steelers, Giants and Ravens were able to do it with success though. But when you get to the playoffs you expect good defenses. If Mike Wallace is clearing out a CB and taking a safety I can just imagine the damage that Gronk and Hernandez could do. Hell I would let Welker go to free up money for that.

As would I.

Wallace starting and Edelman in the slot >>>> Lloyd/Ocho/Garbage and Welker in the slot.

Plus the TEs in both situations.

AntoinCD
02-07-2012, 01:27 PM
As would I.

Wallace starting and Edelman in the slot >>>> Lloyd/Ocho/Garbage and Welker in the slot.

It actually speaks volumes on how well the Pats offense played this year because the few times they got into a rut they were ******-Pitt, NYGx2, Baltimore etc. If the timing is off or the WRs can't get off the line the have no get out.

The reason why 2007 was so good for the offense was Brady could throw the intermediate and short stuff to Welker or go deep to Moss. Then he got too reliant on Moss so Belichick got rid of him.

Now with the TEs there really isn't a huge need for a slot WR. A lot of times Welker lined up wide this year (mainly because Ochocinco couldn't learn the hurry up offense). Plus as you mentioned they have Edelman who can at the very least be a decent player in the slot. Or the can draft someone like Devier Posey or Joe Adams in the slot.

Get a deep threat like Wallace and all of a sudden if the offense gots bogged down then he can try and hit the deep ball. Plus because of teams having to respect his speed they have to play off him and keep a safety back. The Jets this year played their safeties about 10/15 yards deep because they weren't threatened.

New England's top deep threat this year??? The amazing Matt Slater. That answers how badly they need someone new.

Complex
02-07-2012, 01:34 PM
Patriots:

Mario Williams-Pipe dream here but if BB decides the defense needs a star then he is the kind of guy who has the balls to pull it off.

What?

I think you guys go after Desean Jackson for some reason if he hits FA.

SuperPacker
02-07-2012, 01:46 PM
Green Bay Packers

Re-Sign
Scott Wells
Howard Green
Jarrett Bush

Let go
Ryan Grant
Jermichael Finley
Eric Walden

Sign
Jarret Johnson
Jason Jones
Jared Gaither

killxswitch
02-07-2012, 01:49 PM
Mario Williams and Carl Nicks would be fine.

Yeah I guess adding two all-pro caliber talents in one off season would be alright. Decent. Acceptable, even.

AntoinCD
02-07-2012, 01:52 PM
What?

I think you guys go after Desean Jackson for some reason if he hits FA.

Belichick has turned his offense over 3 times in the last ten years. All three times it has worked but he has been slow to change the defense. He has went for guys like Randy Moss to make a huge impact. Normally he is more likely to trade for a guy than pay big in FA but Belichick isn't shy about making big moves. He doesn't do it year in, year out but if he believes he needs a difference maker he will get it. He tried with Adalius Thomas on defense but clearly that didn't work.

I'm not sure about Jackson. He falls into the malcontent mould of a Moss or Corey Dillon but he strikes me as a me first kinda guy. He may also cost too much

killxswitch
02-07-2012, 01:53 PM
Belichick has turned his offense over 3 times in the last ten years. All three times it has worked but he has been slow to change the defense. He has went for guys like Randy Moss to make a huge impact. Normally he is more likely to trade for a guy than pay big in FA but Belichick isn't shy about making big moves. He doesn't do it year in, year out but if he believes he needs a difference maker he will get it. He tried with Adalius Thomas on defense but clearly that didn't work.

I seem to remember the Moss acquisition being more of a bargain bin pickup that many thought was a low risk, low reward situation. Nobody expected the 07 season to happen the way it did.

AntoinCD
02-07-2012, 02:10 PM
I seem to remember the Moss acquisition being more of a bargain bin pickup that many thought was a low risk, low reward situation. Nobody expected the 07 season to happen the way it did.

It definitely was. I remember at the time more people wondering about the Welker pick up. A 2nd and a 7th for someone who was just a guy in Miami. My point is though that if Belichick thinks there is a weakness he has shown in the past he will go out of his way to fix it.

Getting Adalius Thomas to replace Willie McGinest
Getting Moss, Stallworth and Welker
Drafting two TEs in 2010
Drafting two RBs in 2011
Drafting multiple DBs it seems all the time

Ideally he prefers to bring in low risk guys like Moss, Haynesworth, Ocho, Carter etc but the success rate seems about 50% at best. He will know that Brady only has so long left

It all depends on what he views as the weakness because it seems it differs a lot from what everyone else thinks

BradysKnee
02-07-2012, 02:14 PM
I think NE very well might make a run at Wallace. I mean, PIT can't match a contract with their cap situation and they might use a 1st on a young WR anyway.

RaiderNation
02-07-2012, 02:15 PM
If the Raiders can find any type of a pass rusher from the outside, I'd be elated. Mario Williams and Cliff Avril are the top pass rushers so those 2 are at the top of my list. A CB, oline depth and possibly a RB if Bush leaves.

Jakey
02-07-2012, 02:23 PM
As would I.

I have heard a lot of Steelers fans (not on this forum) saying they would like to trade Wallace if they can get a 1st and 3rd for him. They seem to think Antonio Brown is the better player (which could be true, who knows), and Mike had a few off games towards the end of the seaon (who doesnt?).

I personally think that is bull ****, i love Brown, he is dynamic and exciting...kinda like a fast black Welker. But he is not ready for a no.1 position, and no-one in the league can match Wallace for keeping safties honest, and blowing the top off of coverage imo. Wallace + Brown together make the Steelers receiving game what it is, taking either of them away would be insanity.

I think its highly unlikely Wallace is going anywhere, but if the fans are debating it already, it is within the realm of possibility :/

BeerBaron
02-07-2012, 02:38 PM
Wallace simply being present on the field opens things up for Brown to work, which led to a lot of his success.

Take away Wallace andn Brown would get choked out by all the coverage he would draw.

The Steelers shouldn't WANT to get rid of Wallace, but if they put the 1st and 3rd tender on him and another team signs him, they would have difficulty matching with their cap situation.

49ersfan_87
02-07-2012, 02:44 PM
The 49ers have a lot of upcoming FA's but 4 big ones

-FS Dashon Goldson
-CB Carlos Rogers
-QB Alex Smith
-OLB Ahmad Brooks

I'd like to keep all of them, but it isn't possible. Realistically, i think Alex signs a 2 year contract, we franchise Goldson, and choose between Rogers and Brooks.

As for other FA's....looking at it realistically

-Pierre Garcon
-Terrell Thomas (if we can't re-sign Rogers)
-Jason Allen (Nickel Safety)

I'd also like to sign DeSean Jackson on the cheap as he mends his image back together. He could take over returns and provide something at WR. Of course its a risk but i'm guessing his value took a nosedive after this year and he won't return to Philly. Maybe coming back home on a 1 year deal will help him ignite his passion again.

I would also seriously consider Mike Wallace with the 30th pick if he was tendered at a 1st round rate. I wouldn't feel comfortable giving up another high pick though

AntoinCD
02-07-2012, 02:46 PM
The 49ers have a lot of upcoming FA's but 4 big ones

-FS Dashon Goldson
-CB Carlos Rogers
-QB Alex Smith
-OLB Ahmad Brooks

I'd like to keep all of them, but it isn't possible. Realistically, i think Alex signs a 2 year contract, we franchise Goldson, and choose between Rogers and Brooks.

As for other FA's....looking at it realistically

-Pierre Garcon
-Terrell Thomas (if we can't re-sign Rogers)
-Jason Allen (Nickel Safety)

I'd also like to sign DeSean Jackson on the cheap as he mends his image back together. He could take over returns and provide something at WR. Of course its a risk but i'm guessing his value took a nosedive after this year and he won't return to Philly. Maybe coming back home on a 1 year deal will help him ignite his passion again.

I would also seriously consider Mike Wallace with the 30th pick if he was tendered at a 1st round rate. I wouldn't feel comfortable giving up another high pick though

I don't see Jackson signing a one year deal anywhere. He had issues with Eagles coaches and stuff but it's not like he did something mega serious. If the Eagles don't resign him someone will for quite big money IMO.

A Perfect Score
02-07-2012, 03:11 PM
Ideally, the Ravens retain Ray Rice, Ben Grubbs and Ladarius Webb. Unfortunately, it's looking like one of those guys will be gone, as Flacco is going to receive a very large contract in the near future. I'm already pegging on Jarrett Johnson to cash in with the Jets or Colts. Same goes for Zbikowski and Corey Redding.

BeerBaron
02-07-2012, 03:27 PM
Yeah, similar to when you've lost defensive coordinators in the past, I expect any decent defensive free agents on your team signing with that coordinators new team.

The Colts probably figure to pick up anyone who slips away from you.

jrdrylie
02-07-2012, 03:35 PM
Keep
RB Matt Forte
DE Israel Idonije
DT Amobi Akoye
CB Corey Graham

Let Walk
WR Roy Williams
QBs Josh McCown and Caleb Hanie
S Brandon Meriweather
CB Tim Jennings

Keep if Cheap
TE Kellen Davis
RB Kahlil Bell
CB Zach Bowman

Sign
WR Dwayne Bowe if Kansas City lets him go. If not, Vincent Jackson
OG Carl Nicks
C Samson Satele
CB Tracy Porter

Smash28Dash34
02-07-2012, 03:50 PM
Panthers are over the cap so we have some big choices ahead. Our biggest UFAs are Dan Connor and Jeremy Shockey. Would love to keep Shockey at the right price. He is a solid #2 behind Olsen who gives our team a certain swagger in the same way Steve Smith does. Connor on the other hand I believe will not be brought back. He is a solid MLB who is great against the run. He deserves a shot at starting somewhere else as he will never start here with guys like Jon Beason, James Anderson and TD if he ever gets healthy. That dosen't even include our likely cap casualties. Sherrod Martin, Travelle Wharton, Jeff Otah, Legedu Naanee, Mike Goodson and Derek Anderson will all be under consideration for that. As far as who they should sign? I don't think the Panthers will be major players in any of the big name FAs. I think we will continue to try and build through the draft and fill in depth needs later with small name FAs. Would love Cortland Finnegan though. He is familiar with the area and fills a major need. Him and Gamble would be a formidable duo.

DraftSavant
02-07-2012, 03:52 PM
The Panthers are over the cap?!

Damn, they really should have let some of those guys walk last offseason.

TimmG6376
02-07-2012, 03:53 PM
Giants:

Keep:
Mario, Bernard, Carr, Ballard, Pascoe, Blackburn, Weatherford, T2, Devin Thomas

Pick-up:
Jermichael Finley

Finely will likely be franchised. However, it sure as hell would be entertaining to watch the NY media rip him to shreds when he drops that critical pass because he's more worried about doing his YOTTO dance afterwards.

Smash28Dash34
02-07-2012, 04:19 PM
The Panthers are over the cap?!

Damn, they really should have let some of those guys walk last offseason.

Yea we are like 6-7 mill over. As much as I love DeAngelo Williams, he will never live up to that contract. He probably should have been the one let go last year. Stewart is a FA in 2013 and if/when we resign him, we will have an obscene amount of money tied up to two RBs.

ATLDirtyBirds
02-07-2012, 04:48 PM
Hopefully Dimitroff hits on his big FA this off season. **** you Dunta and Ray.

BeerBaron
02-07-2012, 04:49 PM
Hopefully Dimitroff hits on his big FA this off season. **** you Dunta and Ray.

You must resign Lofton before doing anything else. If he gets away, adding anyone short of Mario or Nicks will be a net loss.

Pat Sims 90
02-07-2012, 04:51 PM
The Bengals are expected to be way under the salary cap. The Bengals are going to be like 30 million under the cap.

Keep
FB Chris Pressley
TE Donald Lee
OT Anthony Collins
DE/DT Jonathan Fanene
DT Pat Sims
LB Manny Lawson
LB Dan Skuta
CB Kelly Jennings
S Reggie Nelson
K Mike Nugent

Let Walk
RB Cedric Benson
WR Jerome Simpson
WR Andre Caldwell
TE Bo Scaife
OT Dennis Roland
G Bobbie Williams
G Nate Livings
G Mike McGlynn
DE Frostee Rucker
DT Nick Hayden
LB Brandon Johnson
CB Adam Jones
S Gibril Wilson

Pursue
WR Marques Colston
WR Mario Manningham
G Carl Nicks
G Ben Grubbs
DE Mario Williams
DE/DT Red Bryant
CB Brandon Carr
CB Cortland Finnegan
S Tyvon Branch
S Michael Griffin

ChiFan24
02-07-2012, 04:53 PM
You must resign Lofton before doing anything else. If he gets away, adding anyone short of Mario or Nicks will be a net loss.

Has Lofton really become that good? I remember his rookie year thinking he'd be serviceable, but nothing special.

BeerBaron
02-07-2012, 04:54 PM
Has Lofton really become that good? I remember his rookie year thinking he'd be serviceable, but nothing special.

Solid, but a good fit I think. He and Weatherspoon make for a good tandem. He might not be as valuable to someone else, but I think the Falcons have to resign him.

ChiFan24
02-07-2012, 04:54 PM
Also, Giants fans - what do you want for Osi? My proposal was #50 and #73 for Osi and #64.

ATLDirtyBirds
02-07-2012, 10:48 PM

I'd prefer what was mentioned before. Channing Crowder and Mario>Lofton and a DE making Crowder's low salary.

Yes, he's very good. He's evolved from the 2 down LB everyone thought he'd be to someone who's average against the pass. While he's far from great, this ability be average there allows him to rank as one of the better MLB in the game.

lowlife
02-07-2012, 11:33 PM
Wallace simply being present on the field opens things up for Brown to work, which led to a lot of his success.

Take away Wallace andn Brown would get choked out by all the coverage he would draw.

The Steelers shouldn't WANT to get rid of Wallace, but if they put the 1st and 3rd tender on him and another team signs him, they would have difficulty matching with their cap situation.

I'm pretty sure the 1st/3rd tender doesn't exist anymore per the new CBA.
I think the highest tender is now just a 1st.

BradysKnee
02-08-2012, 05:42 AM

Yeah I think you are right.

jrdrylie
02-08-2012, 08:10 AM

Yeah I think you are right.

No I think it still exists, Cliff Avril received it from the Lions last year.

Edit: Never mind, I just read the CBA and it did get rid of the First and Third level. I'm not sure why the Lions were able to give it to Avril last year.

zachsaints52
02-08-2012, 08:46 AM
Brees and Nicks. Resign one of Meachem/Colston. Thats all I care about.

Grizzlegom
02-08-2012, 09:06 AM
Dolphins:

Keep: Kendall Langford or Paul Soliai
Sign: Matt Flynn, a nickel corner. Finding a starting OG or RT would be nice but I don't see that happening since I think we'll definitely get either Manning or Flynn and that will eat most of our cap space.

Scotty D
02-08-2012, 11:25 AM
No I think it still exists, Cliff Avril received it from the Lions last year.

Edit: Never mind, I just read the CBA and it did get rid of the First and Third level. I'm not sure why the Lions were able to give it to Avril last year.

It happened before the lockout when all the teams were giving tenders to their free agents.

fenikz
02-08-2012, 12:24 PM
Arizona Cardinals

Franchise
Calais Campbell

Tender
LaRod Stephens-Howling(2nd)
Rashad Johnson(low)
Greg Toler(2nd)

Resign(if cheap)
Rashad Marshall
Clark Haggans
Brandon Keith
Early Doucet
Vonnie Holliday

Cut
Levi Brown($17m)
Kevin Kolb($24m) if Peyton Manning is signed

Sign
OL
OL
OL
OL
OL
WR

CashmoneyDrew
02-08-2012, 02:21 PM
The Titans are approximately 35 million under the cap according to our GM.
For the Titans I'd like to see...

KEEP
- Cortland Finnegan
- Jason Jones
- Jordan Babineaux

WALK/CUT
- Michael Griffin
- Will Witherspoon
- Shaun Smith
- Eugene Amano
- Jake Scott
- Ahmard Hall
- Daniel Graham
- Donnie Avery
- Rusty Smith
- Barrett Ruud

PURSUE
- Mario Williams
- Osi Umenyiora (If available for trade)
- Laron Landry
- Robert Meachem
- Carl Nicks
- Ben Grubbs
- Scott Wells (I think he's a FA, not sure)

scottyboy
02-08-2012, 02:22 PM
you can have osi, just give us Britt and/or McCourty. deal?

Complex
02-08-2012, 02:29 PM
The Titans are approximately 35 million under the cap according to our GM.
For the Titans I'd like to see...

KEEP
- Cortland Finnegan
- Jason Jones
- Jordan Babineaux

WALK/CUT
- Michael Griffin
- Will Witherspoon
- Shaun Smith
- Eugene Amano
- Jake Scott
- Ahmard Hall
- Daniel Graham
- Donnie Avery
- Rusty Smith
- Barrett Ruud

PURSUE
- Mario Williams
- Osi Umenyiora (If available for trade)
- Laron Landry
- Robert Meachem
- Carl Nicks
- Ben Grubbs
- Scott Wells (I think he's a FA, not sure)

Yeah he is a FA. Add Tyvon Branch to the list and I agree with you. Why cut Rusty? agree with everything else.

CashmoneyDrew
02-08-2012, 06:13 PM
Yeah he is a FA. Add Tyvon Branch to the list and I agree with you. Why cut Rusty? agree with everything else.

Cause I hate ginger quarterbacks not named Andy Dalton.

zachsaints52
02-09-2012, 05:18 PM
Brees and Nicks. Resign one of Meachem/Colston. Thats all I care about.

If we somehow did that and got:

Robert Mathis

I would jizz.

diabsoule
02-09-2012, 05:43 PM
The Saints priorities are re-signing Brees and Nicks. JoLonn Dunbar would also be a nice re-addition. I'd love to see Colston or Meachem back but I think both will walk, same with Porter. I also think Vilma and possibly Shanle will be cut as well to clear up some cap space.

Out of FA's I'd like to see them bring in: Robert Mathis would be awesome. Chris Chamberlain would be a nice addition at OLB considering he probably won't cost much and I'd also like to see LaRon Landry added.

Cherry on top would be getting rid of Roman Harper via trade (doubtful).