PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Tannehill, QB, Texas A&M

mightytitan9
02-07-2012, 11:40 AM
With all the talk of the Redskins trading up, what if the price is just too steep or Shanahan doens't like RG3 as speculated.

Do you think he could take a guy like Tannehill with the 6th overall pick?

I think this could be one of the more interesting points in the draft. Most of us didn't think that many QB's would go that early last season, with the new CBA rookie pay scale, will this be routine or was it a one time thing?

If Tannehill goes #6 overall, does Weeden/Osweiler get moved up to a late first early 2nd?

DraftSavant
02-07-2012, 11:42 AM
Better than Locker (who Shanny ******* loved), so yeah, I'd take him 6th and I think there's a good chance they will, too.

He's still my favorite QB prospect in this class.

vidae
02-07-2012, 11:43 AM
DS and I love Tannehill more than most. He's going to go top 15. There are a lot of QB needy teams and he has all the tools.

DraftSavant
02-07-2012, 11:47 AM
He's played two positions at a pretty high level, despite being coached/developed by a fucknut like Mike Sherman.

Raw as a QB, but you'll see him make coverage reads and go through pretty difficult progressions at times. He's just maddeningly inconsistent at it and was prone to locking in on Fuller as a crutch (which you'd expect from a guy who only played QB for a year and a half).

onejayhawk
02-07-2012, 11:48 AM
I can see Tannehill going anywhere from #6 - #12. I dont think he gets past the Reskins, Dolphins, Seahawks and Chiefs, not to mention any less obvious teams and trade ups. It is still very early, but he will interview well at the Combine, and there is plenty of tape on him.

J

mightytitan9
02-07-2012, 11:50 AM
Better than Locker (who Shanny ******* loved), so yeah, I'd take him 6th and I think there's a good chance they will, too.

He's still my favorite QB prospect in this class.

I don't see him as a better prospect than Locker at all. I see him as a lot rawer prospect than Locker

DraftSavant
02-07-2012, 11:51 AM
The buzz on Twitter all year is that the NFL guys all love his tape, too. They're a lot higher on him than the general internet draft community.

I'm telling you guys, I see him asked to make more "NFL" type throws than any prospect I've seen since Cutler.

DraftSavant
02-07-2012, 11:52 AM
I don't see him as a better prospect than Locker at all. I see him as a lot rawer prospect than Locker

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/658594/kobe-uninterested-o.gif

ATLDirtyBirds
02-07-2012, 11:53 AM
The buzz on Twitter all year is that the NFL guys all love his tape, too. They're a lot higher on him than the general internet draft community.

Not surprising at all. Haven't hoped off the Tannehill train. He'd be a stud in Washington.

DiG
02-07-2012, 11:57 AM
Not surprising at all. Haven't hoped off the Tannehill train. He'd be a stud in Washington.

I don't doubt this but the biggest problem I see is that if you draft him at 6 the expectation is to start him right away and honestly I think Tannehill has a ton of potential but I see him falling on his face if he gets thrown into starting day 1.

mightytitan9
02-07-2012, 12:01 PM
http://www.gifsoup.com/view/658594/kobe-uninterested-o.gif

http://flipthatbird.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/stone-cold-steve-austin-flipping-bird.jpg

mightytitan9
02-07-2012, 12:04 PM
I don't doubt this but the biggest problem I see is that if you draft him at 6 the expectation is to start him right away and honestly I think Tannehill has a ton of potential but I see him falling on his face if he gets thrown into starting day 1.

They'd have to sit him at least the majority of the season like the Titans did with Locker, The bad news for the Skins is their isn't really a decent veteran QB that can be had on a short-term deal like Hasselbeck last year

ATLDirtyBirds
02-07-2012, 12:12 PM
They'd have to sit him at least the majority of the season like the Titans did with Locker, The bad news for the Skins is their isn't really a decent veteran QB that can be had on a short-term deal like Hasselbeck last year

Yeah, you'd like to handle it like Locker. I think you can even pick up Orton or even Garrard and hope to be mediocre. However, I still think the Skins as usual, want the splash, be it Peyton or Flynn.

mightytitan9
02-07-2012, 12:19 PM
Yeah, you'd like to handle it like Locker. I think you can even pick up Orton or even Garrard and hope to be mediocre. However, I still think the Skins as usual, want the splash, be it Peyton or Flynn.

Orton might be a fit there, I don't think Shanahans is going to want Garrard though. If KC commits to Orton (some KC fans prefer to keep Orton and let Cassel go), I could see KC trading or cutting Cassel and him ending up in Washington. Also, if the Skins could attain Brian Hoyer for a decent pick, I could see him fitting in Shanahans offense

FUNBUNCHER
02-07-2012, 12:28 PM
I hope he falls. As a Skins fan, on my home board we've been discussing the option of trading out of the 6th pick into the teens and high twenties and picking Tannehill later.

If the Skins don't take Tannehill at 6, what are the odds that he falls??

6 is high for him IMO. I love his upside, but at 6 Tannehill is going to be overdrafted.
I know it's the nature of the position, but jeez!!

If Shanny has targeted Tannehill and thinks he won't be available much later in the first, I think he stands pat and takes him with the 6th pick.

Ugh.

DraftSavant
02-07-2012, 12:36 PM
http://flipthatbird.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/stone-cold-steve-austin-flipping-bird.jpg

Fixed it for you.

After beating the worst USC team in a decade, Jake Locker's entire stock was based off projection/development THAT NEVER HAPPENED.

He can throw rollouts and bootlegs with the best of 'em, but he's about as raw in the pocket as any QB prospect there's been. Makes sense, considering he was a Wing-T QB in high school and shuffled all over the place in Washington until Sark got there.

Dude was, and still is, an incredibly raw QB prospect. You're sensitive because he's the QB of your team. I get it.

Babylon
02-07-2012, 12:47 PM
Fixed it for you.

After beating the worst USC team in a decade, Jake Locker's entire stock was based off projection/development THAT NEVER HAPPENED.

He can throw rollouts and bootlegs with the best of 'em, but he's about as raw in the pocket as any QB prospect there's been. Makes sense, considering he was a Wing-T QB in high school and shuffled all over the place in Washington until Sark got there.

Dude was, and still is, an incredibly raw QB prospect. You're sensitive because he's the QB of your team. I get it.

Locker isnt the QB of my team and i'll take him over Tannehill any day of the week. (actually he was the QB of my college team). Locker is stronger, faster and has a better arm than Tannehill. Locker, as you have stated, is great throwing on the run and this year i think has made great strides navigating the pocket. He also has a huge advantage as far as games played at the college level.

Not to turn this into a Jake Locker thread i think going 6th is seriously high for Ryan Tannehill. He just doesnt have the resume of success and experience to warrant that high of a pick. If he were to go to Seattle at #12 i think that would make more sense and even then might be seen as a reach.

DraftSavant
02-07-2012, 12:52 PM
Locker isnt the QB of my team and i'll take him over Tannehill any day of the week. (actually he was the QB of my college team). Locker is stronger, faster and has a better arm than Tannehill. Locker, as you have stated, is great throwing on the run and this year i think has made great strides navigating the pocket. He also has a huge advantage as far as games played at the college level.

Not to turn this into a Jake Locker thread i think going 6th is seriously high for Ryan Tannehill. He just doesnt have the resume of success and experience to warrant that high of a pick. If he were to go to Seattle at #12 i think that would make more sense and even then might be seen as a reach.

I think it's appropriate because they're incredibly similar prospects.

My feelings for Tannehill at 6 is basically: if Locker and Gabbert can go top 10, why can't Tannehill? Locker's got the edge in terms of pure arm strength and top-line speed (it's pretty close, though), but I feel Tannehill is further along as a passer in terms of progression and coverage reading as well as ball placement/accuracy than Locker was, even without the starts. No doubt he's highly erratic/inconsistent, though.

Gabbert was insanely overvalued/overdrafted so we can actually just leave him out. But I think Locker and Tannehill are the same level prospect (I like Tannehill more, but that's just personal preference) and will be drafted around the same area.

If we're talking about Tannehill and Locker's stock in a vacuum I'd feel the best about selecting them in the late teens-early twenties. The position is just so overvalued in the draft, though, that guys with those types of tools get pumped up into the top 10.

ATLDirtyBirds
02-07-2012, 12:55 PM
I
My feelings for Tannehill at 6 is basically: if Locker and Gabbert can go top 10, why can't Tannehill? I think he's superior to both, and way further along as a passer in terms of progression and coverage reading than Locker was, even without the starts.

Gabbert was insanely overvalued/overdrafted so we can actually just leave him out. But I think Locker and Tannehill are the same level prospect (I like Tannehill more, but that's just personal preference) and will be drafted around the same area.

/thread on why Tannehill is a top 10 pick.

DraftSavant
02-07-2012, 01:02 PM
(I'm not trying to crap on Locker in this thread, I swear)

mightytitan9
02-07-2012, 01:34 PM
I'm not here to argue about Locker, but I think Locker is a better prospect than Tannehill hands down. Tannehill still has a lot of trouble reading coverages and making some of the NFL throws.

FUNBUNCHER
02-07-2012, 01:55 PM
I like Jake, but I don't know how anyone can look at Locker's college game film and come away thinking Locker is the better pro prospect.

Yes Tannehill has been inconsistent at A&M. But if that's true, what would you call Locker who was even more inconsistent his last two years at U Dub??

People talk as if Locker threw for 35 TD/5 Ints, 68% completions and 4000 yards in 2010.

Tannehill's main problem is he's late sometimes throwing on out routes and allows the ball to get jumped.

And I don't buy that overall Locker has better tools. Except for height, these guys are physically very similar with roughly the same toolbox.

Locker was a 4 year starter, but he sure didn't play like it his last season at U Dub.
Just as a pure passer, I'd say Tannehill is more advanced at this stage than Locker was entering the draft.

DraftSavant
02-07-2012, 01:57 PM
I'm not here to argue about Locker, but I think Locker is a better prospect than Tannehill hands down. Tannehill still has a lot of trouble reading coverages and making some of the NFL throws.

/throws hands in the air
I give up.

SolidGold
02-07-2012, 02:00 PM
I think it's appropriate because they're incredibly similar prospects.

My feelings for Tannehill at 6 is basically: if Locker and Gabbert can go top 10, why can't Tannehill? Locker's got the edge in terms of pure arm strength and top-line speed (it's pretty close, though), but I feel Tannehill is further along as a passer in terms of progression and coverage reading as well as ball placement/accuracy than Locker was, even without the starts. No doubt he's highly erratic/inconsistent, though.

If we're talking about Tannehill and Locker's stock in a vacuum I'd feel the best about selecting them in the late teens-early twenties. The position is just so overvalued in the draft, though, that guys with those types of tools get pumped up into the top 10.

I agree 100% with this. I have been a Tannehill supporter to and have said that his season left me a little disappointed but I do not place the blame on him as much as I do Mike Sherman and the poor head coaching job he did (which is ironic since Tannehill did get pro style experience in his offense).

I would grade Locker a bit higher than Tannehill as in Locker is 1a and Tannehill 1b. As others have said the Skins loved Locker last year and would of drafted him if the Titans did not scoop him up. Tannehill is a very similar player to Locker and we all know how Shanahan surprised many by taking Cutler.

Tannehill has all the attributes that the Shanahans seem to want in a QB. Big, strong arm and athletic. I do not think he is worthy of the number 6 overall pick but like others have said the QB position is overvalued and if Gabbert, Locker and Ponder were drafted top 12 last year than drafting Tannehill at 6 would not be considered such a big stretch.

If Manning or Flynn come to Washington than a first round QB is out of the picture for the Redskins but they probably would spend a 2nd or 3rd round pick on a QB to develop.

Brown Leader
02-07-2012, 04:13 PM
mightytitan9 - http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48775

Locker is a much better runner and scrambler than Tannehill. He also wasn't prone to making critical mistakes at crucial moments. Arm strength is even-might even give an inch up to Tannehill-but not when he's on the move. Tannehill has much better accuracy. The tape is the tape but you'd have to imagine post season evaluation counts for something-#6 without being able to work him out seems unrealistic.

Caulibflower
02-07-2012, 05:08 PM
Tannehill throws the best sideline routes in this class, throws a good deep ball, has good accuracy and can throw it on the run, and is tough in the pocket. I like his pro potential better than Robert Griffin's and think Tannehill is every bit as good an athlete, if not outrightly better, than Andrew Luck. If he'd been a three or four year starter, we'd be seeing a lot more Jay Cutler comparisons.

DraftSavant
02-07-2012, 05:26 PM
Tannehill throws the best sideline routes in this class, throws a good deep ball, has good accuracy and can throw it on the run, and is tough in the pocket. I like his pro potential better than Robert Griffin's and think Tannehill is every bit as good an athlete, if not outrightly better, than Andrew Luck. If he'd been a three or four year starter, we'd be seeing a lot more Jay Cutler comparisons.

Cutler was my favorite QB prospect ever, so it makes sense that I like Tannehill so much.

toonsterwu
02-07-2012, 05:33 PM
Taneyhill would be way too high with the 6th overall, but he definitely has some of the tools that Shanahan could fall in love with.

I could see the Redskins do something like Brian Hoyer/Ryan Taneyhill if they can deal back (or if they move up from the 2nd rounder instead). I'm just not all that sold that they go so all-in for RG3. This is a big year for Shanahan, and it's hard to imagine RG3 buying him the job security he needs right away.

vidae
02-07-2012, 05:36 PM
Holy christ, it's a Toon sighting! <3 <3

Finsfan79
02-07-2012, 09:47 PM
I would not be surprised if the Dolphins decide to take Tannehill themselves with a trade back. Remember we did take Sherman as an OC and his QB coach is here on our staff as our QB coach. I could easily see that play into a decision to take him. Just as folks are assuming we will get Flynn because of the Philbin connection.

The kid looks like he has the raw potential to be a stud. If we can drop back to around 15 and take him and pick up a 2nd I would be happy. Plus miami is the longest running team without a 1st round QB, so it would hugely please the fanbase and owner.

Inspector71
02-07-2012, 11:27 PM
I definitely think Miami WOULD be a destination for Tannehill if they don't sign Flynn. But I think it's 99.9% a done deal that Flynn signs in Miami.

Brown Leader
02-07-2012, 11:54 PM
Unless Philbin knows Flynn is not a starter.

keylime_5
02-08-2012, 12:00 AM
nevermind.

mightytitan9
02-08-2012, 11:06 AM

Woah, I've seen Tannehill throw numerous bad sideline routes that ends up getting picked. I'd say that's one of the worse throws he makes.

I think people are thinking I don't like Tannehill, I was one of the few that had him as a first rounder for some time now. There's things he does great, there's things he needs work on. There's things he isn't very good at yet, but I think he's got a lot of potential and alot of the tools

DraftSavant
02-08-2012, 11:13 AM
Woah, I've seen Tannehill throw numerous bad sideline routes that ends up getting picked. I'd say that's one of the worse throws he makes.

I think people are thinking I don't like Tannehill, I was one of the few that had him as a first rounder for some time now. There's things he does great, there's things he needs work on. There's things he isn't very good at yet, but I think he's got a lot of potential and alot of the tools

People mean different things, I think.

By saying "he throws the best sideline routes in this class," Calubflower is alluding to the fact that Tannehill is one of the few college QBs that is not limited by the field dimensions in college football.

Using Matt Barkley, for example. That USC offense is designed around throws to the short side of the field. The only time they'll use the wide-side is off of a rollout or screen/smoke route - in order to protect the QB and decrease the distance the ball has to travel. That's actually a big red flag scouts will watch out for when grading arm strength: how often does his coach protect him from intermediate/deep sideline throws to the wide side? Very few college QBs will even attempt these throws. Tannehill completes them regularly every game.

Now here's where I think you guys are splitting on the definition: Tannehill also has a terrible tendency to either lock on to his primary read or throw blind into coverage. A lot of the time, these ended up being really bad throws/decisions to the outside.

A Perfect Score
02-08-2012, 11:56 AM
I love me some Ryan Tannehill. I'm not sure I buy the Cutler comparison (I loved the hell out of Cutler, still do. Throws the best ball in the NFL)...He reminds me more of Big Ben then Cutler, especially with the mobility he's demonstrated in college. I think he's a legit Top 20 prospect, I'll be really shocked if he goes #6 though. Then again, I loved Christian Ponder last year too, and I was surprised when he went #12. Maybe I'll be surprised yet again. I should really learn to stop underestimating the value NFL franchises place on QBs.

bitonti
02-08-2012, 12:03 PM
missing the senior bowl was bad for his draft stock. with a great week he could have moved up to top 20 or even higher.

Not being there, his value is late 1st or more likely, early 2nd. I don't buy that he's got top 20 value right now.

bitonti
02-08-2012, 01:23 PM
also I could see Brock Osweiler leap froging Tannehill. to be 6'7" and move that well is rare.

vidae
02-08-2012, 01:27 PM
I would be shocked if Osweiler was picked ahead of Tannehill.

Shane P. Hallam
02-08-2012, 01:28 PM
I would be shocked if Osweiler was picked ahead of Tannehill.

I wouldn't be shocked if someone fell in love with Osweiler's physical tools. I wouldn't recommend, but someone may.

Brent
02-08-2012, 02:52 PM
He's played two positions at a pretty high level, despite being coached/developed by a fucknut like Mike Sherman.
I absolutely disagree with your opinion on Mike Sherman, here. As an offensive play-caller, these past two years were fine. The defense just happened to be awful at making adjustments.

Tannehill still has a lot of trouble reading coverages and making some of the NFL throws.
I agree on the reading coverages part, he was rather inconsistent with some of his throws, but there were so many NFL throws he was asked to make in that offense and he did it well.

He reminds me more of Big Ben then Cutler, especially with the mobility he's demonstrated in college.
Tannehill could never shed rushers in the pocket like Big Ben. Tanne's running ability is great, especially in the open field, but his problem (mostly with read-options) is that he would often give the ball to the RB to make a play rather than tucking it and busting out a 40 yard run. /Aggie bitterness

Maybe I'll be surprised yet again. I should really learn to stop underestimating the value NFL franchises place on QBs.
The rookie wage scale is something people are still forgetting about. If I want a guy early and I know that I only have to pay him a couple million to take him at 8 rather than the back-breaking numbers of two years ago, why the hell wouldn't I draft a guy when I am on the clock? Subtracting the financial commitment of high picks was one thing the NFL got right.

Caulibflower
02-08-2012, 03:51 PM
People mean different things, I think.

By saying "he throws the best sideline routes in this class," Calubflower is alluding to the fact that Tannehill is one of the few college QBs that is not limited by the field dimensions in college football.

Using Matt Barkley, for example. That USC offense is designed around throws to the short side of the field. The only time they'll use the wide-side is off of a rollout or screen/smoke route - in order to protect the QB and decrease the distance the ball has to travel. That's actually a big red flag scouts will watch out for when grading arm strength: how often does his coach protect him from intermediate/deep sideline throws to the wide side? Very few college QBs will even attempt these throws. Tannehill completes them regularly every game.

Now here's where I think you guys are splitting on the definition: Tannehill also has a terrible tendency to either lock on to his primary read or throw blind into coverage. A lot of the time, these ended up being really bad throws/decisions to the outside.

Right. I was pointing out that he can hit the far-side outs. Plenty of guys can throw it to the wide side of the field, but Tannehill is one of the few who can get it there on a rope. It's not just a distance thing, it's that he can peg a far out consistently. He does have a tendency to lock onto receivers, and obviously that's a pretty dangerous thing to be doing when you're throwing outs. But I've mentioned that before in analyzing Tannehill, and everyone knows he's got plenty of things to work on. But it still kind of surprises me that people don't look more at the context of his career; he's literally only played QB for a year and half, and he's doing all these things. Give him a couple more years to work on footwork and reading coverages, and he's got all the ability you could ask for. He might not compare to Cutler in every way, but I was basically comparing arms, and besides that both are good athletes. Didn't Cutler run a 4.6 at the combine? He's not a scrambler in the NFL despite that, again something I expect to be a similarity with Tannehill; good speed numbers, but not really a quick-twitch kind of guy who's going to be too much of an NFL runner. And I'm just going to say I don't see much of a Roethlisberger comparison, aside from strong arms. Roethlisberger is such an improvisor in the pocket; that's really just something that's hard to project in the first place, and isn't what we've seen a whole lot of from Tannehill. I mean, it's not a terrible comparison, but improvising and being physical in the pocket is Roethlisberger's MO, and while I do really like Tannehill's toughness in the pocket, he doesn't shed tacklers like Ben does. Roethlisberger might have another 40 lbs on him.

Caulibflower
02-08-2012, 03:52 PM
The rookie wage scale is something people are still forgetting about. If I want a guy early and I know that I only have to pay him a couple million to take him at 8 rather than the back-breaking numbers of two years ago, why the hell wouldn't I draft a guy when I am on the clock? Subtracting the financial commitment of high picks was one thing the NFL got right.

And this. If a team needs a QB and there's one on the board who looks like he has a lot of potential, they're going to take him. It's not the game of salary cap russian roulette it used to be, so Tannehill simply isn't going to make it out of the top half of the first round.

SolidGold
02-10-2012, 07:25 AM
Have their been any updates on how Tannehill is recovering from his injury? Will he be able to be a combine participant?

Rashaan Salaam
02-13-2012, 08:35 AM
If the Skins are interested in Tannehill...he'll be available in Round 2 for them. I'm just not seeing the hype behind the young man. He's not clutch and makes a bunch of questionable decisions. But as I type this, Gabbert, Ponder & Locker all went in the 1st round last year. There's a direct correlation to teams making bad draft decisions and overall success of a franchise. That's the reason why certain teams rarely pick in the Top 10-15 (NYG, PIT, BAL, NE, GB, SD, DEN) when you have "football people" in the F.O., you're always making better decisions

DraftSavant
02-13-2012, 10:21 AM
If the Skins are interested in Tannehill...he'll be available in Round 2 for them. I'm just not seeing the hype behind the young man. He's not clutch and makes a bunch of questionable decisions. But as I type this, Gabbert, Ponder & Locker all went in the 1st round last year. There's a direct correlation to teams making bad draft decisions and overall success of a franchise. That's the reason why certain teams rarely pick in the Top 10-15 (NYG, PIT, BAL, NE, GB, SD, DEN) when you have "football people" in the F.O., you're always making better decisions

I got done watching a lot of tape on him this weekend, and the good tape far, far, far outweighs the bad IMO.

He made some mistakes, but he's caught an unfair wrap for not being "clutch" because of team mistakes IMO.

duesouth
02-14-2012, 04:07 AM

I'm telling you guys, I see him asked to make more "NFL" type throws than any prospect I've seen since Cutler.

He routinely makes that 10-20 out or come back route throw that's a staple of NFL offenses. The thing scouts love is that he makes those throws with anticipation.

The negative with him for me is that he stares down his targets and is clearly not decisive with the ball at times. However, some of these spread guys have very little experience in going through progressions - so at least he has a head start!

SolidGold
02-14-2012, 07:14 AM
I read that he will not be ready for the combine (I think it was Bucky Brooks column). That's a shame because I wanted to see how he would perform but at least he will go for the interviews.

Right now he is still the third QB in the class...I cannot really envision any of the other guys over taking his spot.

Shane P. Hallam
02-14-2012, 07:43 AM
I read that he will not be ready for the combine (I think it was Bucky Brooks column). That's a shame because I wanted to see how he would perform but at least he will go for the interviews.

Right now he is still the third QB in the class...I cannot really envision any of the other guys over taking his spot.

I agree with you. I went back over my notes from December on him, and the number of balls on the money that were dropped were very high. Tannehill SHOULD have better stats than he had. If he can get the Jake Locker treatment, I think Tannehill can be VERY successful.

no bare feet
02-14-2012, 11:08 AM
Due to his upside I do not see how he last past the Seagulls.

onejayhawk
02-15-2012, 06:52 AM
Due to his upside I do not see how he last past the Seahawks.

FIFY.

I would agree with this. He might go as high as the Redskins.

J

San Diego Chicken
02-15-2012, 04:10 PM
Looks good. He understands how to throw the receiver open which is really impressive for a guy that lacks experience. Maybe playing WR helped him in that regard? Has the courage & confidence to hit those intermediate routes. He improvises pretty well too. I'm impressed by him, not sure who my #2 QB is between him and RGIII at this point.

FUNBUNCHER
02-15-2012, 04:44 PM
Tannehill really needed another year in college, if not two. But his eligibility is all used up.

duesouth
02-16-2012, 03:06 AM
Interesting debate from two NFL Draft Scout (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/story/17278255/expert-vs-expert-tannehills-talent-inexperience-spark-debate) analysts on Tannehill...

onejayhawk
02-16-2012, 06:21 PM
Saw this, but I dont buy it. Tannehill will interview, and there is enough tape to get his physical stuff. The thing that the teams have to decide is how much he can be taught, and workouts will not show that. What playing in the Senior Bowl would ahve done is allow people to see him adjust in real time. Weeden excelled at it, which is why he is now top 50, maybe top 30, in spite of his age.

J

SolidGold
02-21-2012, 07:14 AM
Looks like Tannehill is out of the boot and planning his pro day for late march -

http://rob-rang.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/13682485/34850817

Finsfan79
02-21-2012, 10:09 AM
Sherman a few days ago made some comments about Tannehill about how great he has the potential to be and will fit great into the WCO.

SolidGold
02-24-2012, 01:06 PM
Dane Brugler ‏ @dpbrugler

* RetweetedRetweet
* Delete
* FavoritedFavorite
* Close Open Details

Also on Tannehill - he had to deal with an astonishing 64 drops this year #NFLCombine

Came across this when following twitter feeds at the combine.

Babylon
02-24-2012, 04:13 PM
Sherman a few days ago made some comments about Tannehill about how great he has the potential to be and will fit great into the WCO.

Seattle sounds interested but might have to trade up in front of Miami. Not sure Pete Carroll and co. are capable of pulling that off.

Vaylor
02-24-2012, 04:14 PM
Dane Brugler ‏ @dpbrugler

* RetweetedRetweet
* Delete
* FavoritedFavorite
* Close Open Details

Also on Tannehill - he had to deal with an astonishing 64 drops this year #NFLCombine

Came across this when following twitter feeds at the combine.

WTF seriously?

Caulibflower
02-24-2012, 05:02 PM
WTF seriously?

Yep. The Tannehill guys on here keep pointing out that his W/L ratio had a lot more to do with his teammates than with him.

Caulibflower
02-24-2012, 05:07 PM
Seattle sounds interested but might have to trade up in front of Miami. Not sure Pete Carroll and co. are capable of pulling that off.

I don't think it's any sure thing that Miami goes quarterback. He played about like Alex Smith last year, and the 49ers aren't looking for a QB. But SF is a much stronger team; it would make sense for Miami to keep building up the rest of their positions when they've already got a pretty decent player.

Babylon
02-24-2012, 05:31 PM
I don't think it's any sure thing that Miami goes quarterback. He played about like Alex Smith last year, and the 49ers aren't looking for a QB. But SF is a much stronger team; it would make sense for Miami to keep building up the rest of their positions when they've already got a pretty decent player.

I would tend to agree with your thinking but i seem to remember another guy who went 8th last year who was up and down, good skill set, receivers dropped a ton of balls. Name slips my mind.

SchizophrenicBatman
02-24-2012, 06:45 PM
SMALL HANDS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_F9zc-ffq3w

Caulibflower
02-24-2012, 06:58 PM
I would tend to agree with your thinking but i seem to remember another guy who went 8th last year who was up and down, good skill set, receivers dropped a ton of balls. Name slips my mind.

I know you're defensive about Locker. ;-) But I liked him last year. Didn't consider him a reach. I do like Tannehill a little better than Locker, though.

gpngc
02-24-2012, 07:38 PM
I'm pretty confident Tannehill will go somewhere between 6-12. Seahawks GM John Schneider mentioned him twice in interviews yesterday.

Brent
02-24-2012, 07:58 PM
Yep. The Tannehill guys on here keep pointing out that his W/L ratio had a lot more to do with his teammates than with him.
As probably the only person on this board to have seen all the Aggie games the past 3-6 years (because I am an A&M alum), I can assure you that the offense talent wasn't the biggest problem, they lost because of the worst coaching you'll ever see.

OSUGiants17
02-24-2012, 08:07 PM
Don't know if this has been mentioned yet(just found this thread), but I wish people would stop calling him Tannyhill or Tannenhill when they type his names in mock draft.

J-Mike88
02-27-2012, 09:55 AM
As probably the only person on this board to have seen all the Aggie games the past 3-6 years (because I am an A&M alum), I can assure you that the offense talent wasn't the biggest problem, they lost because of the worst coaching you'll ever see.

http://ww3.hdnux.com/photos/06/00/44/1575186/3/628x471.jpg

And now he's the guy going to fix the offense in Tampa Bay now.

onejayhawk
02-27-2012, 10:11 AM
http://ww3.hdnux.com/photos/06/00/44/1575186/3/628x471.jpg

And now he's the guy going to fix the offense in Tampa Bay now.

Spare me.

At least Josh Freeman is a similar build to Tannehill, so he wont be completely lost.

J

Al Capwn
02-27-2012, 12:09 PM
I would like to know more about Tannehill. I know early into the season I sort of worte him off as a Gabbert clone, and never really continued to follow him through the season. Anyone have an opinion on him? I think if the Rams really want to get cute with trade talks and Tannehill is a viable option, the Browns could easily have him at #4. Than get a guy like Nick Perry at #22 and get a stud WR Wright, Quick, or Hill from Ga Tech in the 2nd. I think that would go a long way to fixing this team. Then in the 3rd we could get a nice RB since Hillis/Hardesty/Brand Jackson is pretty much a joke at the position and hard to count on. I personally really like LeMichael James and think he'd be an awesome pick in the 3rd round. Real explosive playmaker who would be nice to compliment Hillis, 3rd down back and when Hillis starts QQing or gets injured (as he often does) he can step in and pwn. Then we can tell Hillis to go QQ somewhere else and get another RB in next years draft.

As of right now I think that would be an awesome scenario.