PDA

View Full Version : Janoris Jenkins Interview

Scott Wright
02-08-2012, 02:14 PM

Interview with North Alabama CB Janoris Jenkins
http://www.draftcountdown.com/interviews/Janoris-Jenkins/Janoris-Jenkins.php

regoob2
02-08-2012, 02:28 PM
He seems like a good kid from the way it reads.

AntoinCD
02-08-2012, 02:50 PM
Came away very impressed with that interview. He could easily blame others for his actions but he's straight up saying he made mistakes and he's trying to show they're in the past.

Scott Wright
02-08-2012, 02:52 PM
I understand that Jenkins has had media training and practiced how to answer some of the tougher questions that I asked. With that said, I came away with the impression that Jenkins was sincere and genuinely a good kid who made some stupid mistakes. That is why I feel comfortable keeping him in the first round on my board, even though he could slip a bit.

SuperPacker
02-08-2012, 03:42 PM
Sounds like a really genuine kid.

Scott Wright
02-08-2012, 03:44 PM
One thing that impressed me about Jenkins is that he makes amazing eye contact when talking with people. That may sound insignificant, but it's not and it will help Janoris in interviews.

TheRubberDuck45
02-08-2012, 06:28 PM
The only problem I had with the interview was that we (UNA) averaged 10k per game. But going from 90k to 10K its probably hard to tell the difference. Lol. He was by far the best player on the field in every game this year. Hopefully he wont forget about Florence Alabama. Even though there isn't anything here to remember...

K Train
02-08-2012, 07:21 PM
he does interview very well and seems smart. not really a thug getting dismissed from a big school.

im one of those people who look at "his actions" as minimal. the correlation between smoking some weed and being a bad person doesnt really exist in his case. he needs to stay clean, at least from july to February but i really dont think that will be a problem. im kinda becoming more and more sold on him, think hes gonna be a pick machine

RaiderNation
02-08-2012, 10:42 PM
Scott what do you think the chances are the Patriots potentially go after him with either 27 or 32? Jenkins is a Asante Samuel/Ellis Hobbs type CB and is what this defense needs opposite McCourty at CB.

TACKLE
02-08-2012, 10:47 PM
Scott what do you think the chances are the Patriots potentially go after him with either 27 or 32? Jenkins is a Asante Samuel/Ellis Hobbs type CB and is what this defense needs opposite McCourty at CB.

You mean opposite of Sterling Moore.

Caulibflower
02-09-2012, 12:29 AM
"I was looking at it that I just had surgery and my dad, my mentor and I had a talk and we all decided that I would come back, get my degree and finish my four years at Florida. I decided to go to North Alabama because I didn't want to run from my problems."

...What?

diemertsdawgs
02-09-2012, 12:52 AM
I want this kid in orange and brown, opposite Joe Haden. Either take him at #22 or in the early 2nd rd.

Matthew Jones
02-09-2012, 08:19 AM
One thing that impressed me about Jenkins is that he makes amazing eye contact when talking with people. That may sound insignificant, but it's not and it will help Janoris in interviews.

One thing that bothers me about Riley Reiff is how awkward and nervous he is in interviews; Reiff rarely makes eye contact and seems like he wants to get away as soon as possible in interviews. I understand that some people are uncomfortable doing that sort of thing, but if you're in your twenties and still can't handle being interviewed, it is fair to question composure. Reiff's struggles in interviews versus a guy like Jonathan Martin who appears highly confident, mature, professional, personable, and focused really stands out.

killxswitch
02-09-2012, 08:33 AM
One thing that bothers me about Riley Reiff is how awkward and nervous he is in interviews; Reiff rarely makes eye contact and seems like he wants to get away as soon as possible in interviews. I understand that some people are uncomfortable doing that sort of thing, but if you're in your twenties and still can't handle being interviewed, it is fair to question composure. Reiff's struggles in interviews versus a guy like Jonathan Martin who appears highly confident, mature, professional, personable, and focused really stands out.

You can only take so much from that though. Jason Smith wowed people in interviews. He basically talked his way into being the #3 (or was it #2) pick in the draft. Now he sucks and the Rams are kicking themselves for having to pay his massive contract.

Matthew Jones
02-09-2012, 08:52 AM
You can only take so much from that though. Jason Smith wowed people in interviews. He basically talked his way into being the #3 (or was it #2) pick in the draft. Now he sucks and the Rams are kicking themselves for having to pay his massive contract.

Character, confidence, maturity, and professionalism may not be the only factors which predict NFL success but I'd rather draft someone who had those four qualities than to go with someone perceived as lacking the composure to give a simple post-game interview without looking like they're about to have a panic attack. One of the most important aspects of scouting is to trust your instincts.

killxswitch
02-09-2012, 09:03 AM
Character, confidence, maturity, and professionalism may not be the only factors which predict NFL success but I'd rather draft someone who had those four qualities than to go with someone perceived as lacking the composure to give a simple post-game interview without looking like they're about to have a panic attack. One of the most important aspects of scouting is to trust your instincts.

So maybe a good way to look at it is that if they interview well, it doesn't necessarily mean anything, but if they interview terribly, it probably DOES mean something.

K Train
02-09-2012, 09:21 AM
"I was looking at it that I just had surgery and my dad, my mentor and I had a talk and we all decided that I would come back, get my degree and finish my four years at Florida. I decided to go to North Alabama because I didn't want to run from my problems."

...What?

he decided to finish his four years at florida, but then he was dismissed. i thought it was worded weird too

Dan_Steele
02-09-2012, 09:42 AM
Maturity and professionalism are the cornerstones to a long successful NFL career. Its very hard to determine who is genuine and who is just regurgitating what their agent had told them 15 minutes before the interview. By the sound of it, Janoris is the former. He may not be crystal-clean but at least he is able to demonstrate the ability to atone for his actions, which speaks volumes about his character.

Another overlooked quality - Jenkins chose to go to another university rather than to sit out a year, or enter last year's draft out of fear of being kicked off of the team. Many players that have been in similar situations (some in the NFL today) would much rather take the Fall semester off than to go to another school. I think transferring to North Alabama was a very smart move on his behalf and demonstrates his commitment.

BUC backer
02-10-2012, 09:28 AM
he decided to finish his four years at florida, but then he was dismissed. i thought it was worded weird too

Perhaps he's referring to staying in school as opposed to entering the supplemental draft?