PDA

View Full Version : Which team has the worst fans?

the_dark_knight
02-09-2012, 01:14 PM
On this board, it seems to me that generally there are logical and illogical posters from every team, so it's a fairly good sampling of the more hardcore fans of teams. There's the homers, there's the optimists, and the haters, and likely no realists. So, of the fans on this board, or in general, what team has the most uninformed, and largely hostile fanbase?

Mr. Goosemahn
02-09-2012, 01:16 PM
Probably Philly. Though TBH, every fanbase has ignorant and annoying fans.

DraftSavant
02-09-2012, 01:18 PM
Colts fans.

Razor
02-09-2012, 01:20 PM
I'm not going to rank them, but here's my list:

Packers (homers to a sickening degree)
Steelers (their love for "physical", i.e. insane style football drives me crazy)
Jets (although not here. I actually like the Jets fans around here *shivers*)
Patriots (Yup, we suck. Whenever we don't look like the 2004 Patriots we ***** and moan)
Falcons (every player they have is top 5 at their position. Fact, not opinion)
Saints (combination of Falcons and Packers)
Colts (Manning is God and other idiotic opinions)

I need to list the best fans as well:
Bill (classy bunch everywhere I run into them either in RL or online)
Miami (see Buffalo, although the '72 team needs to burn in Hell)
Giants (always sees things both ways it seems)

I'm sure there are others in both categories, but these are the first that comes to mind.

yodabear
02-09-2012, 01:20 PM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! **** THIS POLL MAN! It doesn't even have the obvious answer. I will not share what I think cuz I do not want the wrath of this certain teams' fans on my ass........but I will give u a clue. They play in a state that starts with W and it ain't the Seahawks!

jrdrylie
02-09-2012, 01:29 PM
I have two answers. The first is about the most hostile fans. That would be Philly fans. Many of them are assholes. They boo Santa Claus. They cheer when opponents get hurt. I remember when they went to the Super Bowl, there was a huge party at the Jacksonville Landing the Friday before the game. Eagles fans were starting fights for no reason at all. There are thousands of people crammed into a relatively small space and I barely bumped elbows with a Philly fan while walking, I had to quickly apologize to avoid being beat up and stabbed.

The other answer deals with uninformed fans. Last year it was Packers fans. Next year it will be Giants fan. Every time a team wins a championship, there are those annoying bandwagon fans who claim they have been fans for their entire lives. The worst two I've ever seen were when the Red Sox won their first World Series and the Packers this year. For example, I was at a Super Bowl party and there was this guy who was a Packers fan. I met him last Summer, so I assumed he was a real fan. But during this Super Bowl, he asked "Who is the QB of the Giants?" I told him "Eli Manning." He responded "Is that the guy from all those commercials?" I said "No, that is Peyton." He said "Oh, are they brothers?" He then asked "Who is the QB of the Patriots?" I then knew he was an obvious bandwagon fan of the Packers because they won last year and didn't know anything about football. I just hope this forum isn't inundated with moronic Giants fan who start 17 thread a day about how the Giants are the best team in NFL history.

jrdrylie
02-09-2012, 01:37 PM
I'd like to add New Orleans fans to the list too. Part of it stems from my general disdain for all things Louisiana. Calling their counties parishes, using French common law rather than British, and spelling the long O sound like eaux. But Saints fans piss me off because they make it seem like they have this ultra-loyal fan base. But the truth is, New Orleans was in danger of losing their franchise before Katrina hit them because their fan support was so terrible.

DraftSavant
02-09-2012, 01:39 PM
I don't know anything about French common law, but I doubt it can be any less ******** than English common law.

ATLDirtyBirds
02-09-2012, 01:40 PM
Exactly, and people like to fling **** around here, I don't have to name names, they know who they are. That's exactly what I'm talking about and I get lambasted because I have a higher Intelligence Quotient and actually want to have a real conversation that goes beyond stats.

Nuff said.

You don't have to defend me, I'm not asking for defense, I just thought it'd be nice to actually have an intelligent conversation, sad that the Falcons fans are the worst group on this board for that.

You are vastly smarter than all of us, and you do claim the Falcons are the worst here, so...

yodabear
02-09-2012, 01:45 PM
Clues #2 and #3...

This team's fan base hasn't had to answer this question "is (enter name of mediocre QB here) a franchise QB?" since I was 4.

#3...This team's fans aren't normal, contrarian people that wear hats, they wear pieces of cheese on their head.

brat316
02-09-2012, 01:47 PM
why is packers not an option?

Bulldogs
02-09-2012, 02:02 PM
Unfortunately our team's IQ is dragged down substantially by one poster. Not going to name names...

Leo
02-09-2012, 02:14 PM
I tend to look at the worst fans as the most annoying ones.

1. Cowboys, largely because of their enormous bandwagon. I know it has been like this for a long time, but it's crazy how many ignorant Cowboys fans you can find in, not just Texas, but.... L.A, New York. They are everywhere.
2. Patriots - see above. Boy do they have a have large and rather arrogant and ignorant bandwagon. Many of them jumped on after 2001, and it clearly shows.
3. Saints. Maybe a little high on the list, but lately their fans have been really cocky. They think they are all the world. No, Brees is not the best QB ever, let alone today.
4. Steelers. Obnoxious trash talking bunch. Can't stand that big bad wolf. attitude.
5. Jets fans. They talk way too much. Way too much.

killxswitch
02-09-2012, 02:26 PM
Other than here on SWDC, Pats fans.

On SWDC, Bucs fans.

jackalope
02-09-2012, 02:30 PM
#3...This team's fans aren't normal, contrarian people that wear hats, they wear pieces of cheese on their head.

I would just like to clarify this. Cheeseheads aren't very popular among actual Packer fans. Generally speaking, if you go to Lambeau, none of the season ticket holders will be wearing cheeseheads. Cheeseheads are usually worn by out of state tourist fans or very casual fans. At least that's the impression I've gotten.

J-Mike88
02-09-2012, 02:59 PM
Because unlike fans in many other cities, they don't ever hear the words "black out" on gamedays.

I don't believe Packer fans on average are any smarter than average fans, and the women are fatter than many other teams.

But at least they sell out every single game every year, every decade, since almost all of us were born.

Contrast that to some teams who can't sell out when they aren't great. THOSE are **** fans if you ax me.

J-Mike88
02-09-2012, 03:01 PM
I would just like to clarify this. Cheeseheads aren't very popular among actual Packer fans. Generally speaking, if you go to Lambeau, none of the season ticket holders will be wearing cheeseheads. Cheeseheads are usually worn by out of state tourist fans or very casual fans. At least that's the impression I've gotten.
I was at the Packers game in San Diego this year, and as my pictures will show, there were proably over 5000 fans with cheeseheads on.

No I wasn't one.

I think many of them wear them just to show who they are rooting for, as it stands out obviously.

I wore one once: at a PGA Tournament just to get on national TV. I know- media ho.

Hurricanes25
02-09-2012, 03:06 PM
Do people even read the first post? The thread is supposed to be about who has the worst fans on this board. With that being said, I don't get how Philly is leading considering there are about 2 fans here and neither of them is bad. Actually I do get it...people didn't read the first post but still.

If we're going by real life, i guess you could say Philly. On this board, I'm going with GB or TB. Both fanbases do have its good posters but there are a few in each that are just terrible.

the_dark_knight
02-09-2012, 03:07 PM
You are vastly smarter than all of us, and you do claim the Falcons are the worst here, so...

Case in point right here sir. You just continually confirm everything I've ever thought about you.

Unfortunately here you're a large representative for what's largely an uninformed fan base anyway.

the_dark_knight
02-09-2012, 03:07 PM
Do people even read the first post? The thread is supposed to be about who has the worst fans on this board. With that being said, I don't get how Philly is leading considering there are about 2 fans here and neither of them is bad. Actually I do get it...people didn't read the first post but still.

If we're going by real life, i guess you could say Philly. On this board, I'm going with GB or TB.

It's all good man, things morph, as long as it's a good conversation it's doing what it's supposed to.

fear the elf
02-09-2012, 03:08 PM
nvm (10 char)

hockey619
02-09-2012, 03:08 PM
the irony of you (mike88) responding to these posts is that most people who cant stand packers fans cant stand them because of you and your absurd homerness. the irony needed to be pointed out.

Mr. Goosemahn
02-09-2012, 03:10 PM

If we're going by real life, i guess you could say Philly. On this board, I'm going with GB or TB. Both fanbases do have its good posters but there are a few in each that are just terrible.

JBCX was a Philly fan. No more explanation is necessary.

the_dark_knight
02-09-2012, 03:10 PM

Because generally the Packers fans I've talked to have been fans for so long, and generally have good football knowledge, I haven't really had any run ins with many of them.

But, poll stops at 10, so I just added an other so we could have some discussion as well.

Ngatachance92
02-09-2012, 03:12 PM
Whoever wins the Superbowl that year.

hockey619
02-09-2012, 03:12 PM
should set this up different.

start by breaking it down by division, whos the most annoying in each?

then seed them and have them go at it in a playoff like format until we're down to the unfortunately worst fan winner

Mr. Goosemahn
02-09-2012, 03:13 PM
And for the sake of argument, I'm pretty sure I become annoying during game days because I love to ***** and complain about everything during the game. I hate losing and love placing blame elsewhere. It'll all go away about an hour after the game, but if the Steelers are losing and something iffy happens and doesn't go our way, I'll complain.

I guess I'm like casual Steelers fans in that regard, but I do try to improve upon it, and I hope people don't get too pissed about it. But if you do, then **** YOU, GO STEELERS!

Hurricanes25
02-09-2012, 03:16 PM

then seed them and have them go at it in a playoff like format until we're down to the unfortunately worst fan winner

Haha that wouldn't get too far.

the_dark_knight
02-09-2012, 03:16 PM

Lol, that's a great idea, I can start it and see how it plays out I guess. How long should we leave the polls open, 2 days?

the_dark_knight
02-09-2012, 03:25 PM
from the OP, largely hostile fanbase? shouldn't denver win this by default?

haha, good point.

jrdrylie
02-09-2012, 03:33 PM

NFC North: Green Bay
NFC East: Philadelphia
NFC South: New Orleans in general, Tampa Bay on here
NFC West: San Francisco (but they aren't really bad at all)

AFC North: Pittsburgh
NFC East: New York
NFC South: Jacksonville (I am one of them but their constant disdain for the national media and belief that Gene Smith can do no wrong is super annoying)
NFC West: Oakland

1. Philadelphia vs. 8. San Francisco
2. Green Bay vs. 7. Jacksonville
3. Pittsburgh vs. 6. Oakland
4. New York vs. 5. New Orleans

Don Vito
02-09-2012, 03:33 PM
Jets, Cowboys, and Saints. There isn't a huge number of them but there are some obnoxious Falcons fans.

Pat Sims 90
02-09-2012, 03:35 PM
In person the worst fans i have been around is a tie bewteen Dallas and Pittsburgh.

yodabear
02-09-2012, 03:39 PM
Rams fans don't have a vote. Its kind of easy to do that when u have 7 fans, 4 of whom are on this board.

Bulldogs
02-09-2012, 04:04 PM
Realistically TDK made this thread because he's all butthurt none of the Falcons fans here like him. He is such a ridiculous homer and just starts random fights for no reason.

DraftSavant
02-09-2012, 04:13 PM
-_____________-

igglefanz
02-09-2012, 04:22 PM
JBCX was a Philly fan. No more explanation is necessary.

JBCX is banned btw but i do admit we have had some big trolls on here that wore Eagle green. I haven't seen Breed around as of late did he get banned also?

ATLDirtyBirds
02-09-2012, 04:38 PM
Case in point right here sir. You just continually confirm everything I've ever thought about you.

Unfortunately here you're a large representative for what's largely an uninformed fan base anyway.

You've ever thought about me? You mean since you've rejoined here numerous times, iloxy?

Realistically TDK made this thread because he's all butthurt none of the Falcons fans here like him. He is such a ridiculous homer and just starts random fights for no reason.

According to iloxy, there's no difference between Eli and Matt Ryan, and the Julio/Roddy combo out performed the lucky Nicks/Cruz combo this year. See, these are things I wouldn't have known. Thank god iloxy came back to inform me.

Oh, and in case anyone is wondering, this is the guy that got Sniper banned because he said god or some **** like that. And tried to get me banned for personal attacks. The people's champ.

zachsaints52
02-09-2012, 04:58 PM
Where I live in SWVA everyone is either a Steelers fan (Heath Miller is from the town next to mine) or Cowboys (Jason Witten about a hour away and his dad water-boyed one of my high school teams).

Steelers IRL.

papa burgundy
02-09-2012, 05:05 PM
As a Niner fan I absolutely hate most of this fan-base. They're really no different than what most people perceive as Raider fans to be like, but the organization doesn't really promote a "bad boy" image so most people aren't really wise to it. They don't know how to handle wins or losses(the way away fans are treated at Candlestick, the Kyle Williams stuff, and the constant use of the "5 rings!!! 5 rings!!! 5 rings!!!" rhetoric during these past 10 years when people would point out how terrible the franchise had been) and easily suffer from the biggest inferiority complex when it comes to our own players of all the fan-bases I've seen. I'd really like to think that this is what most fan-bases are like, but most of my friends who know how to act while going to a game, watching a game, or talking football in general are all fans of other teams. Maybe someone can convince me that I'm just overreacting on this.

DraftSavant
02-09-2012, 05:06 PM
^^^People think SF is all fairies and hippies, but it's hood as ****.

the_dark_knight
02-09-2012, 08:28 PM
You've ever thought about me? You mean since you've rejoined here numerous times, iloxy?

According to iloxy, there's no difference between Eli and Matt Ryan, and the Julio/Roddy combo out performed the lucky Nicks/Cruz combo this year. See, these are things I wouldn't have known. Thank god iloxy came back to inform me.

Oh, and in case anyone is wondering, this is the guy that got Sniper banned because he said god or some **** like that. And tried to get me banned for personal attacks. The people's champ.

I love how full of yourself you are, just absolutely hilarious, go back under the rock you came from. kthxbye

ATLDirtyBirds
02-09-2012, 10:30 PM
I love how full of yourself you are, just absolutely hilarious, go back under the rock you came from. kthxbye

Your next post will be 666. Better not make it. It might upset god.

gsorace
02-10-2012, 02:39 AM
I HATE other Jets fans, probably the least knowledgeable fan base ever. After every win we're going to the super bowl and every loss we need blow up the team and fire everybody.

Also, seeing people who didn't watch a regular season Giants game all year walking around with Victor Cruz jerseys pisses me off, but that happens with any team that just wins a super bowl.

the_dark_knight
02-10-2012, 07:37 AM
Don't feed the trolls people.

Looks like Philly is going to be the favorite when I open up the NFC East thread.

Bulldogs
02-10-2012, 08:34 AM
Don't feed the trolls people.

Looks like Philly is going to be the favorite when I open up the NFC East thread.

http://memecrunch.com/meme/Z87/tdk/image.png

bearsfan_51
02-10-2012, 08:38 AM
Packers fans aren't so bad, they just have nothing else in their lives so it's a little overbearing sometimes.

I voted for the Cowboys, for the bandwaggon factor.

K Train
02-10-2012, 09:27 AM
Steelers (their love for "physical", i.e. insane style football drives me crazy)

i personally hate other steeler fans, and i think its because of this. all the rah rah smashmouth STEELER FOOTBALL 6 rings in rooneys we trust they can do no wrong horseshit

kalbears13
02-10-2012, 09:34 AM
I hate all of you equally.

ImBrotherCain
02-10-2012, 09:43 AM
In being a transplant in Pittsburgh I can tell you they are unequivocally the most ignorant, band wagoning idiots I have met in my life time.

Now this is not all Steelers fans (I met some knowledgeable ones) but the collective whole of "Steeler Nation"

FlyingElvis
02-10-2012, 09:57 AM

Precisely.

OP, please change poll to include yourself personally as an option so that I may cast my vote.

tjsunstein
02-10-2012, 09:58 AM
I won't categorize, but there are posters I don't like and posters I like a lot from every team.

K Train
02-10-2012, 10:18 AM
In being a transplant in Pittsburgh I can tell you they are unequivocally the most ignorant, band wagoning idiots I have met in my life time.

Now this is not Steelers fans (I met some knowledgeable ones) but the collective whole of "Steeler Nation"

no argument here, i loathe other steeler fans...as in casual real life ones

Vikes99ej
02-11-2012, 01:12 AM
I was at the Vikings-Eagles playoffs game a few years ago at the Dome. Eagles fans are fat, stinky and have an annoying accent. Saints, Steelers and Cowboys fans came in tied for a close second.

vidae
02-11-2012, 01:33 AM
No one hates us Chiefs fans! \o/

Ravens1991
02-11-2012, 01:34 AM
The steelers fans who think they are tough because they root for a team who is "targeted by the nfl"

jack1077
02-12-2012, 03:06 AM
I didn't realise that being a homer was exclusive to Packer fans? *cough* Every fan base that has won in the last 10 years *cough*

Jets fans to me are the worst, followed by Patriots fans and then Steelers. Fireman Ed makes me rage.

Never met a bad Bills fan or Chiefs fan.

Ngatachance92
02-12-2012, 03:31 AM
The Ravens don't even get one? Not even from a Steelers fan?

TACKLE
02-12-2012, 04:12 AM
The Ravens don't even get one? Not even from a Steelers fan?

I guess that means you, me and ccb gotta step our up our troll game in the NFL circles.

Caddy
02-12-2012, 04:14 AM
I guess that means you, me and ccb gotta step our up our troll game in the NFL circles.

In exchange for us not voting for you, you have to put up with APS.

Ngatachance92
02-12-2012, 04:20 AM

Obviously, our homerism isn't homer enough for the homer club... Time to hit up the Who Do You Think Will Be In The Superbowl Next Year? Thread.... Even though predicting us to go to the Superbowl Next year isn't homerish as we are the best team in the league... It has begun....

CDCB14
02-12-2012, 09:33 AM
How are the Giants not on here?

Not the people on this board, but 90% of fans of New York teams are pricks.

That said, i'd probably go with the Patriots. At school, after the Patriots lost to the steelers said that pick the patriots next week because it's not possible for brady and belichick to lose 2 in a row. I find it epic because the patriots were such a trash franchise before 2001 too.

Also, Cowboys fans really aren't that bad. Most I know actually know what they are talking about and aren't that much of homers. It's the media who covers the Cowboys 24/7 and makes people hate them.

Anyway, **** Brady. Enjoy that Super Bowl losers curse amigo.

tjsunstein
02-12-2012, 09:34 AM
In conclusion, everyone hates everyone.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
02-12-2012, 11:02 AM
OP is a Falcons fan, I vote them.

NY+Giants=NYG
02-12-2012, 11:28 AM
How are the Giants not on here?

Not the people on this board, but 90% of fans of New York teams are pricks.

That said, i'd probably go with the Patriots. At school, after the Patriots lost to the steelers said that pick the patriots next week because it's not possible for brady and belichick to lose 2 in a row. I find it epic because the patriots were such a trash franchise before 2001 too.

Also, Cowboys fans really aren't that bad. Most I know actually know what they are talking about and aren't that much of homers. It's the media who covers the Cowboys 24/7 and makes people hate them.

Anyway, **** Brady. Enjoy that Super Bowl losers curse amigo.

I am guessing we have to be. Since a lot live in the NYC metro area and/or tri state area we have to deal with people from all over the country and world. If you went to Texas, most of the people would be Cowboys fans. I am sure some Texans fans are around, but you can wear your Dallas gear in pride, and people won't say anything.

Due to the large population and mixing of different people, the tri state area is littered with fans from other teams. A lot of cowboys fans in the NJ area, and then you have Eagles in South and West jersey. LI has a lot of Jets fans, so even though you may be from New Jersey, you are dealing with other fan bases on a constant basis.

I went to dinner at Houlihans and I had my locker super bowl gear on, and the waiter says Go Cowboys! LOL. Really? Here I am in NJ where my team plays, and I have to deal with god damn Cowboys fans, who openly say go cowboys after their division rival one a super bowl? You know people would be afraid to say that if they lived in Philly or Dallas. But here in NJ and NY area, you have to deal with a huge mix of fans.

I am glad we are like that, because the fans we deal with are tools as well. Where ever you go, you are either running to Jets fans or Eagles fans, and when you think you're out of the woods, you have to deal with fans from other teams.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
02-12-2012, 11:30 AM
Hope you didn't tip him!

NY+Giants=NYG
02-12-2012, 11:39 AM
Hope you didn't tip him!

He was a nice guy, and we went with my friend and her dad, so he paid. I just found it weird that even in the same state your team plays in there is a lot of diversity. It's just funny, go cowboys. Go where? Playoffs for once? You're division rival just won the super bowl, go cowboys should be the last thing you should be saying. None the less, my point is we have to be this way because we have to deal with Eagles and jets fans en mass. Then after that Cowboys and Steelers are popular in the tri state area. And once past those 4 teams, it's a huge mix of every fan.

If it's not cowboys, it's some other fan base, usually the Jets or Eagles especially in South/east Jersey where I live. So if our demeanor is hostile it's probably because we have to deal with frustrated eagles fans and Jets fans who see us win, and their blood boils.

jwmann2
02-16-2012, 01:56 AM
On this board, it seems to me that generally there are logical and illogical posters from every team, so it's a fairly good sampling of the more hardcore fans of teams. There's the homers, there's the optimists, and the haters, and likely no realists. So, of the fans on this board, or in general, what team has the most uninformed, and largely hostile fanbase (http://www.fromthisseat.com)?

Worst fans should be the franchise that has the least fans. This is the NFL people. Yes, I have less respect for you if you live in Jacksonville or Cincinnati and root for the Patriots, Steelers and Packers.

Thunder&Lightning
02-16-2012, 08:56 PM

Hahaha whered you get that ****** photo?? kid is from my town back in the haydays...

ATLDirtyBirds
02-16-2012, 09:01 PM
Has OP won yet?

Bulldogs
02-16-2012, 09:02 PM
Hahaha whered you get that ****** photo?? kid is from my town back in the haydays...

Congrats my friend, you know Scumbag Steve.

Thunder&Lightning
02-16-2012, 09:06 PM
Congrats my friend, you know Scumbag Steve.

i am actually speechless right now... kid grew to become more than a *** he actually was.