PDA

View Full Version : Most Annoying Fanbase: AFC South Version

the_dark_knight
02-10-2012, 07:40 AM
Alright, time to weigh in on the AFC South and who has the most annoying fans.

Shane P. Hallam
02-10-2012, 07:42 AM
Colts by default.

jrdrylie
02-10-2012, 08:12 AM
I said it in the other thread, but it's Jacksonville. Here is why.

I'm a Jacksonville native. I moved there during the Jaguars' first season and lived there for 13 years. I love the team, but their fans can be a bit much. They complain about how the National media portray the team and the lack of a fan base. Yes I know the economy hit Jacksonville hard. And yes, I know that Jacksonville is a relatively small market. But you can sell out the Florida-Georgia game and the Monster Truck rallies but you have trouble selling out 8 Jaguars games when they cover up 15,000 seats?

Then there is the Gene Smith talk. "In Gene we trust." That is stupid. He has been an okay GM. Nothing special. He over-drafted Tyson Alualu. He has neglected the wide receiver position. And he has yet to make any quality free agent signing. But say something negative about Gene Smith down and Jacksonville and you'll get crucified.

And then there is Blaine Gabbert. Bring up his faults. Bring up how terrible he was. Most Jacksonville fans won't listen. They'll talk about how the short offseason hurt him. Well Cam Newton and Andy Dalton had just as short an offseason and they did just fine. There have been about three or four moments where I have seen hope that maybe Gabbert could be an NFL QB. That is all most Jacksonville fans talk about while completely ignoring the 1000 moments where he looks like Jimmy Clausen.

killxswitch
02-10-2012, 08:49 AM
Screw you guys! Jacksonville fans are the worst. They're like Steelers fans but with fewer reasons to brag.

edit: 5000 posts! Again!

Sloopy
02-10-2012, 11:06 AM
Jags and it isn't even close.

You can't even call them fair-weather as they probably still wouldn't show up when the weather is fair.

mightytitan9
02-10-2012, 01:11 PM
It's between the Colts and Texans for me without a doubt.

For the Colts it's really just because every year you'd have to listen to how good they were and how they were gonna win the superbowl and how they don't need a good defense cuz they got Peyton blah blah, then the D and Peyton would fail them in the playoffs until the time they finally won the superbowl.

On a side note, I will be much relieved when Peyton, Wayne, possibly Clark, Saturday, Mathis, maybe Freeney are all gone from Indy. It should be an interesting future for the AFC South with Locker v Luck rivalry starting (hopefully this season)

As for the Texans, I just get tired of hearing how they've got all these great players and yet they'd never made the playoffs until this season, and every year was supposed to be the year they went over the hump

Sloopy
02-10-2012, 01:36 PM
Does BP count as a former fan? If so, I change my mind to Indy

tjsunstein
02-10-2012, 02:51 PM
This is pointless and will eventually turn personal.

The Alex
02-10-2012, 05:09 PM
I voted for the Titans because I have a severe case of self hatred.

ChiFan24
02-10-2012, 07:09 PM
I went with Jacksonville because there's a large faction of them that try to convince other people that they're not terrible fans, when in reality that is just not true.

Also it's annoying that yfs has disappeared.

Bulldogs
02-10-2012, 07:16 PM
I went with Jacksonville because there's a large faction of them that try to convince other people that they're not terrible fans, when in reality that is just not true.

Yes.... disappeared....

CashmoneyDrew
02-10-2012, 07:29 PM

You need to work on your detective skills.

Also, Colts.

vidae
02-10-2012, 07:32 PM

yfs is with us, always and forever.

ChiFan24
02-10-2012, 07:49 PM
I don't post here often enough to know what you guys are talking about. Someone fill me in.

edit: Haha never mind. Good to know.

niel89
02-10-2012, 07:56 PM
I went colts because they be taking my Luck.

Vikes99ej
02-11-2012, 01:07 AM
I don't mind any of the AFC South fanbases. I do miss Geo, though.

yodabear
02-11-2012, 01:39 AM
This is one of three or four the choices just IDK cuz I think they are all good. Titans fans hate me in a way cuz I constantly show one yard short, so it can't be them and they prolly hate us. So not the Titans. Are there Jags fans??? Plus, their owner has a scary ass mustache, so I don't wanna piss him off. Houston, there cool, prolly one of my favorite AFC teams. So I went with the Colts just cuz I was annoyed with their Andrew Luck jerseys by week 6 this year, so I picked them.

killxswitch
02-11-2012, 09:16 AM
I don't mind any of the AFC South fanbases. I do miss Geo, though.

Holy **** I just thought of something. Do you know if Geo was Canadian? Anyone else know? Serious question.

edit: ok, nevermind. He was from Cali. On a Colts board we lost a Canadian fan named Gino to cancer.

the_dark_knight
02-11-2012, 02:55 PM
Looks like Indy takes the "crown" here, so we'll close this one up