PDA

View Full Version : Most Annoying Fanbase: AFC East Version

the_dark_knight
02-11-2012, 02:57 PM
Alright here we go for the AFC East, who you got?!

the_dark_knight
02-11-2012, 02:58 PM
This one was close for me, was between the Jets and Patriots, but I give the nod to the cheaters.

ChiFan24
02-11-2012, 07:48 PM
Jets easily over the Pats.

yodabear
02-11-2012, 08:02 PM
Patriots cuz I still hold a grudge from 11 years ago.

BradysKnee
02-11-2012, 08:08 PM
Clearly those asshole Bills fans. Always talking ****...

Complex
02-11-2012, 08:28 PM
Bills fan talk ****. que? they are like the nicest fans.

Don Vito
02-11-2012, 08:46 PM
Fireman Ed

/thread

mightytitan9
02-11-2012, 09:18 PM
Patriots fans are prety annoying,but at least they can back it up. Jets fans talk alot of smack for how they perform

BradysKnee
02-11-2012, 09:21 PM
Bills fan talk ****. que? they are like the nicest fans.

Sarcasm man.

Phins827
02-12-2012, 09:37 AM
I'm a Dolphins fan, living in NY. I've been to Dolphins games in Buffalo and in NY.... well, NJ. Let me enlighten you on the contrast there....

I go to Buffalo at age 10. I'm sitting with my family in the first section. Alot of drunk, but friendly, fans around. They are constantly standing up and cheering every time the Bills make a play, making it difficult to see. A few Bills fans behind us realize that I'm having trouble seeing. Where they are, is a concrete platform at the bottom of the section right behind me. They invite me up there with them, so I can see clearly over everyones head and see the game perfectly. They even gave me a picture of the entire Bills team, signed by a few players, for free.

At age 15, my family and I go to Buffalo again. We are walking into the stadium wearing our Dolphins jerseys. Fans out tailgating start talking crap, but in a friendly way. And then after they make their jokes, they come over and offer us some of the food they had cooking on their grill.

At age 19, I go to the Jets game. During that game, my friend and I were constantly getting threatened, one guy even wanted to send his wife down there to beat us up. Dolphins win, and win the division in 2008. Now, the Dolphins fans had all migrated into one section, directly behind the Miami bench. Jets fans from the upper level were throwing full beer bottles down at the Dolphins fans on the lower level, and one almost hit Dolphins kicker Dan Carpenter.

Personally, I think Jets have the worst fans, and it's not even close

tjsunstein
02-12-2012, 09:44 AM
This isn't even a fair question because most of it doesn't have to do it with the football team but rather the mentality of the cities itself. New York is far more arrogant than Buffalo, Miami, and Foxboro/surrounding areas.

tjsunstein
02-12-2012, 09:45 AM
But since it says most annoying, it's personal preference after that. What's more annoying to you? Success or character? Either way it's a NE vs. NYJ kind of thing.

Nalej
02-12-2012, 10:52 AM
on this board? i like the pats fans here. offline, they're mostly horrible bandwagon fans who take any conceivable opportunity to chant 'yankees suck' regardless of context and who have no ability to understand or accept that their team isn't the greatest team in nfl history or that the red sox and the patriots are in fact different teams.

To be fair, it's always a good time to chant that :)

AntoinCD
02-12-2012, 11:38 AM
Yankees Suck! Yankees Suck! Yankees Suck!

That is fun to do

draftguru151
02-12-2012, 12:08 PM
Jet fans are the worst people on Earth. So, yea.

Finsfan79
02-12-2012, 03:22 PM
I went with Jets due to how big of a pain they are down here in florida.

But, I will say at least most of them have been fans for a long time. Most of the pats fans didnt really exist for decades, then when they became good they mysteriously appeared. The pats used to be the 4th team in boston and perhaps further down the chart.

PS: no offense to the pats fans that are long time fans, but I am certain they understand what I mean for the individuals that decided to jump onto the boat.

bigbluedefense
02-12-2012, 03:42 PM
I like every fan base on this board. Let's be real, this forum comprises of probably the top 5% of football fans in the country. Most fans aren't as intelligent as the fans on here.

Outside of this forum, Pats fans are arrogant. Jets fans are...they're just an angry bunch. That's Staten Island for you. Guido Central.

It's gotten worse since Rex became head coach. It's like the fans took on his personality and embraced it.

redbills
02-12-2012, 10:03 PM
I'm a Dolphins fan, living in NY. I've been to Dolphins games in Buffalo and in NY.... well, NJ. Let me enlighten you on the contrast there....

I go to Buffalo at age 10. I'm sitting with my family in the first section. Alot of drunk, but friendly, fans around. They are constantly standing up and cheering every time the Bills make a play, making it difficult to see. A few Bills fans behind us realize that I'm having trouble seeing. Where they are, is a concrete platform at the bottom of the section right behind me. They invite me up there with them, so I can see clearly over everyones head and see the game perfectly. They even gave me a picture of the entire Bills team, signed by a few players, for free.

At age 15, my family and I go to Buffalo again. We are walking into the stadium wearing our Dolphins jerseys. Fans out tailgating start talking crap, but in a friendly way. And then after they make their jokes, they come over and offer us some of the food they had cooking on their grill.

At age 19, I go to the Jets game. During that game, my friend and I were constantly getting threatened, one guy even wanted to send his wife down there to beat us up. Dolphins win, and win the division in 2008. Now, the Dolphins fans had all migrated into one section, directly behind the Miami bench. Jets fans from the upper level were throwing full beer bottles down at the Dolphins fans on the lower level, and one almost hit Dolphins kicker Dan Carpenter.

Personally, I think Jets have the worst fans, and it's not even close

Agree! Jets hands down .

Thecollegedropout
02-13-2012, 12:10 AM
Yeah okay....sure. I hate the generalization the great Dolphin fans make here. If you came to a game or watched at a bar and say I was there, I would be classy and we'd be cool watching the game together. Don't let a few jackasses ruin the fanbase for you, please.

Jets fans are pessimistic people who are looking for anything to get up for and to be happy about. I don't see why people hate Jets fans. You can hate Rex's mouth and what not but Jet fans are up there with the suffering from fanbases. There are some idiot Jets fan who start crap in the stadium but ALL stadiums have that. The common Jets fan has the "Woe is me" complex and expects terrible things to happen to the team and is just happy to have something good coming along.

I voted Pats since they have a **** load of bandwagon fans, they continue to throw out the fact that they cheated during their glory run and that they hate NY teams in general.

Thecollegedropout
02-13-2012, 12:12 AM
It's gotten worse since Rex became head coach. It's like the fans took on his personality and embraced it.
You guys have overtaken us for the loudest fanbase in NY the way some of you guys on radio said you'd piledrive the Pats by multiple touchdowns and how the Giant fan feared no one in this Super Bowl march, discrediting the 49ers thinking that it was a slam dunk game.

I liked the Giants team but they have some cocky ************* who make Rex look like he's a lamb. Now they moved past Miami for 2nd most hated team for me in the NFL. Hope they lose Thursday(Unless its vs an AFC Central team) in the opener of the 2012 season.

Thecollegedropout
02-13-2012, 12:17 AM
This isn't even a fair question because most of it doesn't have to do it with the football team but rather the mentality of the cities itself. New York is far more arrogant than Buffalo, Miami, and Foxboro/surrounding areas.
You must not have heard Jet fans as besides 2009 and 2010(Even then those years were up and down), they are as pessimistic of a bunch as one can get....to the point that it sickens me(As a Jets fan). With the GMen winning the SB, now Jet fans WANT Peyton as a Jet. LOL

So fickle, they HATE Sanchez which pisses me off. They have no patience, they are far from arrogant. Jets fans expect greatness from a player right from the get go and they have a huge bar standard setup for a 3rd year QB that he's gonna carry the team and play like Rodgers. Its ridiculous. I mean the fans wants instant success but you have to be patience with QBs in the NFL.....they won't **** out greatness right away.

The Giants fans on the other hand.....they'd throw Coughlin under the bus one Sunday night on the radio and then the next week they'd welcome Coughlin back on the boat and give him royal treatment. Ugh. Thankfully the GMen fans on NFLDC seem level headed.

Don Vito
02-13-2012, 02:38 AM
I love how people still talk about the Pats as having a bandwagon fanbase. The Pats have been arguably the most hated team in this league for the last seven or eight years.

the_dark_knight
02-13-2012, 08:18 AM
Fireman Ed

/thread

Haha, good call.

killxswitch
02-13-2012, 08:25 AM
Outside of this forum Pats fans are the most annoying group of pricks I've ever had the displeasure of dealing with.

BradysKnee
02-14-2012, 10:44 AM
Mark Sanchez sucks.

SuperMcGee
02-14-2012, 11:01 AM
I love how people still talk about the Pats as having a bandwagon fanbase. The Pats have been arguably the most hated team in this league for the last seven or eight years.

Maybe, but they still have a huge bandwagon fanbase. The two can coexist.

All that needed to be said, really.

the_dark_knight
02-15-2012, 09:59 AM
Mark Sanchez sucks.

+10000000000

Sloopy
02-15-2012, 10:27 AM
Poll is closed but I'll throw my two cents in here. However, let me preface these comments b saying that they are not indicative of the Pats fans on this board, of whom are some of the most knowledgeable and reasonable fans on this board:

Living in Connecticut... I have to say that Pats fans are by far the worst fans.

Jets fans have had their quick moment in the spotlight as the worst fans; but if we are talking all time, it is BY FAR Pats fans.

The Boston fan base, as a whole, in this area are some of the most pretentious annoying fans in the world.

I remember when Celtics tickets were routinely GIVEN AWAY as small ****** gifts at my job. Most of the time not used. Then they pick up KG and Ray and all of the sudden everyone is a life long, die hard Celtics fan.

I can't call Sox fans fair weather types but my god are they annoying. Any time they won, it was because they were the greatest thing since sliced bread. Anytime they lost; it couldn't possibly have been because the other team was better, it was because (and I quote) "the other team cheated" "the refs blew the game" "the curse" the list goes on.

Pats fans... I can't tell you how many people were Dolphins fans or Giants fans Cowboys fans in my area... "Americas Team" was a common phrasing that made me want to vomit. All of the sudden, Brady comes a long and... "Dynasty" became the new Pavlovian phrase that sent me running to the nearest trash can...

It's like these people don't remember the whole "Hartford Patriots" fiasco.

In short... if we started a poll for the worst "area fans" for all sports... it would be Boston fans... maybe NY with the Yankees and Jets combo.

BradysKnee
02-15-2012, 11:09 AM
Poll is closed but I'll throw my two cents in here. However, let me preface these comments b saying that they are not indicative of the Pats fans on this board, of whom are some of the most knowledgeable and reasonable fans on this board:

Living in Connecticut... I have to say that Pats fans are by far the worst fans.

Jets fans have had their quick moment in the spotlight as the worst fans; but if we are talking all time, it is BY FAR Pats fans.

The Boston fan base, as a whole, in this area are some of the most pretentious annoying fans in the world.

I remember when Celtics tickets were routinely GIVEN AWAY as small ****** gifts at my job. Most of the time not used. Then they pick up KG and Ray and all of the sudden everyone is a life long, die hard Celtics fan.

I can't call Sox fans fair weather types but my god are they annoying. Any time they won, it was because they were the greatest thing since sliced bread. Anytime they lost; it couldn't possibly have been because the other team was better, it was because (and I quote) "the other team cheated" "the refs blew the game" "the curse" the list goes on.

Pats fans... I can't tell you how many people were Dolphins fans or Giants fans Cowboys fans in my area... "Americas Team" was a common phrasing that made me want to vomit. All of the sudden, Brady comes a long and... "Dynasty" became the new Pavlovian phrase that sent me running to the nearest trash can...

It's like these people don't remember the whole "Hartford Patriots" fiasco.

In short... if we started a poll for the worst "area fans" for all sports... it would be Boston fans... maybe NY with the Yankees and Jets combo.

Being Canadian and having visited NY and Boston I honestly call it a toss up. Boston folk were some of the rudest arrogant people I've ever met. However, they were nice enough to me being from Canada for some reason, but man to each other it was terrible.

New York was very similar. Although I received no friendly reception, probably because I was wearing a patriots jersey. Although I didn't receive threats and whatnot while there as some have said. I found the New Yorkers to be just as hostile among each other as the folks in Boston.

All in all, from a Canadian perspective, you are all assholes in both cities. In Canada we aren't dicks to each other. So Congrats you both win!

Although i will say, in my area of Canada, most patriots fans are douche bandwagons who are not really into football but are sure to throw on a patriots jersey when they're winning.

Though, recently a /huge/ influx of Eli Manning jerseys are showing themselves.

Bigburt63
02-15-2012, 05:19 PM
Being Canadian and having visited NY and Boston I honestly call it a toss up. Boston folk were some of the rudest arrogant people I've ever met. However, they were nice enough to me being from Canada for some reason, but man to each other it was terrible.

New York was very similar. Although I received no friendly reception, probably because I was wearing a patriots jersey. Although I didn't receive threats and whatnot while there as some have said. I found the New Yorkers to be just as hostile among each other as the folks in Boston.

All in all, from a Canadian perspective, you are all assholes in both cities. In Canada we aren't dicks to each other. So Congrats you both win!

Although i will say, in my area of Canada, most patriots fans are douche bandwagons who are not really into football but are sure to throw on a patriots jersey when they're winning.

Bandwagon fans are everywhere for every city/franchise. It just happens that the patriots have had a good run recently (past 10 years or so) that has made them more prevelant than other fanbases. That being said, ya, us Boston fans are very passionate. I wouldn't say we are arrogant as a whole (obviously some part of us are), just very outwardly passionate. It definitely rubs people the wrong way though, as it rubs me the wrong way from other fan bases (hello new york).

Don Vito
02-15-2012, 08:33 PM

So much fail. If we're going to genrealize, then go boo a national anthem. Most people who have visited Boston without having some feelings against the city before they go there love Boston, same goes for NYC. You probably just suck.

Nalej
02-15-2012, 08:48 PM
nyc is god awful. i liked boston. anything west of 495 could be lit on fire, however.

Everything west of 495 except for Worcester, I'm sure you meant. Right? RIGHT?!?!

http://www.purejoyparenting.com/wp-content/themes/precious/images/right.jpg

Nalej
02-15-2012, 08:51 PM
I hate your face so much right now. You're no longer my BFF.

Nalej
02-15-2012, 08:56 PM
At least you're trying. I'll give you that.
The correct answer was "everything" though.
lol @ people trying to pronounce it.
My wife tells me I'm mispronouncing it whenever she wants to start **** with me.
It works every time

cmarq83
02-15-2012, 09:05 PM
At least you're trying. I'll give you that.
The correct answer was "everything" though.
lol @ people trying to pronounce it.
My wife tells me I'm mispronouncing it whenever she wants to start **** with me.
It works every time

So is it Wor-chester or Wooster? :D Also, I'm from Rutland so almost right next door.

Nalej
02-15-2012, 09:07 PM
http://www.woostapizza.com/templates/woosta/images/logo.gif

mmmm... so good. Woosta!

TimD
02-15-2012, 11:05 PM
Fireman Ed

/thread

Im not sure if this was meant to be taken seriously, but Fireman Ed is one guy that doesnt deserve to be talked bad about. I know he gets a lot of slack for that famous shoving incident with a Giants fan, but I saw him react rationally to a drunk Giants fan attempting to sucker punch him at a pre season game 2 years ago. so ill chalk up his shove as a one time thing

Plus the guy is an ex-NY firefighter and recently beat cancer

Sloopy
02-16-2012, 07:14 AM
So much fail. If we're going to genrealize, then go boo a national anthem. Most people who have visited Boston without having some feelings against the city before they go there love Boston, same goes for NYC. You probably just suck.

I actually love Boston as a city. Boston > NYC and I get along with most Bostonians... I just have to avoid the subject of sports at all times.

Also, most of my comments are referring to the state of CT where I reside. It is constantly split between NY and Boston.

Both are pretty equal when it comes to arrogance or band wagon fandom however I give the edge to Boston fans in the area. Especially Pats fans, whom I constantly remind of that time Robert Kraft kind of royally screwed our state.

cmarq83
02-16-2012, 07:30 AM
I actually love Boston as a city. Boston > NYC and I get along with most Bostonians... I just have to avoid the subject of sports at all times.

Also, most of my comments are referring to the state of CT where I reside. It is constantly split between NY and Boston.

Both are pretty equal when it comes to arrogance or band wagon fandom however I give the edge to Boston fans in the area. Especially Pats fans, whom I constantly remind of that time Robert Kraft kind of royally screwed our state.

He did, but in all fairness CT blows. Like really hard, I go to school here and the state is downright terrible. Moving to CT would have been a terrible choice for the franchise and would have moved them further away from the base of their season ticket holders, and would have made it virtually impossible for fans from Maine or New Hampshire to have season tickets. Hartford should get a professional sports team, but I'm not sure that football would be the best choice on that front.

It sucks that it cost you taxpayer money and political credibility from your governor, but even you can see that the Patriots made the right decision to stay in Foxborough.

Sloopy
02-16-2012, 07:36 AM
He did, but in all fairness CT blows. Like really hard, I go to school here and the state is downright terrible. Moving to CT would have been a terrible choice for the franchise and would have moved them further away from the base of their season ticket holders, and would have made it virtually impossible for fans from Maine or New Hampshire to have season tickets. Hartford should get a professional sports team, but I'm not sure that football would be the best choice on that front.

It sucks that it cost you taxpayer money and political credibility from your governor, but even you can see that the Patriots made the right decision to stay in Foxborough.

I agree with everything but the idea that Hartford should get a pro sports team.

The Whale should be the only team to ever die in this state.

Having said that, Kraft too should have realized it and not let us put all the damn money in before bailing.

What infuriates me is that most of the New England fans here don't even know/remember that; in fact, they don't know anything about the Patriots before 2001

cmarq83
02-16-2012, 07:44 AM
I was thinking something like MLS, I think it would do well with how preppy the state is. Basketball is a no because of UConn, and football is a definite no. Hockey might work, but having 2 teams like the Bruins and the Rangers right there would make it pretty hard to establish a fan base.

Jvig43
02-16-2012, 11:46 AM
It is a huge exaggeration to call worcester close to springfield njx, but I do understand that hatred for it and ironically enough was just talking about this to a buddy of mine yesterday in the library. The palladium is awesome for music, other then that and having family that lives there yeah it's a piece of ****. But it isn't on the same level of springfield.

Nalej
02-16-2012, 11:56 AM
Next person that bad mouths Worcester is going to get nunchucked.

http://www.thecinemasource.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/will_ferrell-the_other_guys-9-250x300.jpg

Sloopy
02-16-2012, 12:35 PM
Next person that bad mouths Worcester is going to get nunchucked.

Your saying it wrong :P

Giantsfan1080
02-16-2012, 07:07 PM
Im not sure if this was meant to be taken seriously, but Fireman Ed is one guy that doesnt deserve to be talked bad about. I know he gets a lot of slack for that famous shoving incident with a Giants fan, but I saw him react rationally to a drunk Giants fan attempting to sucker punch him at a pre season game 2 years ago. so ill chalk up his shove as a one time thing

Plus the guy is an ex-NY firefighter and recently beat cancer

That guy is a major major douche even besides the Giants fan thing. He's a shill for the Jets.

BradysKnee
02-16-2012, 09:06 PM
That guy is a major major douche even besides the Giants fan thing. He's a shill for the Jets.

Yeah **** him.

Thunder&Lightning
02-16-2012, 10:06 PM
Jets are the most annoying cuz there always bitter. Upcoming season is going to be a nightmare with them... lose there city and there division.