PDA

View Full Version : Plax Says Drew Brees Will End Up A Redskin

zachsaints52
02-11-2012, 05:50 PM
http://www.examiner.com/new-orleans-saints-in-new-orleans/plaxico-burress-says-saints-drew-brees-will-be-signed-by-washington-redskins

"I have a strange prediction for what I believe is going to happen. I believe that Drew Brees is going to land in Washington. Everybody knows that guy Daniel Snyder, how he feels about spending a little bit of bread. I just got a hunch Drew Brees is going to land in Washington."

bearsfan_51
02-11-2012, 05:51 PM
http://www.examiner.com/new-orleans-saints-in-new-orleans/plaxico-burress-says-saints-drew-brees-will-be-signed-by-washington-redskins

"I have a strange prediction for what I believe is going to happen. I believe that Drew Brees is going to land in Washington. Everybody knows that guy Daniel Snyder, how he feels about spending a little bit of bread. I just got a hunch Drew Brees is going to land in Washington."
That's for your prediction, convicted felon.

bitonti
02-11-2012, 05:52 PM
the saints would have to franchise him, right?

national journalists forget Bruce Allen is running the show, Fantasy Dan has taken a back role. He will spend and he's still in charge but they won't get Brees unless Bruce Allen decides it's a good smart football move.

zachsaints52
02-11-2012, 05:53 PM
the saints would have to franchise him, right?

national journalists forget Bruce Allen is running the show, Fantasy Dan has taken a back role. He will spend and he's still in charge but they won't get Brees unless Bruce Allen decides it's a good smart football move.

They say that there will be a deal in place. I believe its taking so long because they are trying to structure it to help keep the other players here as well.

BeerBaron
02-11-2012, 05:55 PM
Plax is a moron. He has absolutely no connection to Drew Brees, the Redskins or the Saints.

The Saints will franchise tag Brees at the very least while they try to lock him up long term.

Even if they lose their other top free agents, keeping Brees is an absolutely must.

Babylon
02-11-2012, 05:56 PM
That's for your prediction, convicted felon.

Sort of like having Charles Manson for a character witness.

Caddy
02-11-2012, 06:17 PM
I doubt the Saints would want to franchise him as it would definitely hurt them a whole lot/possibly stop them resigning either of Colston/Nicks/Porter. But in saying that, I doubt they'd hesitate to use the tag on him. You don't just let a guy like Drew Brees walk.

Scotty D
02-11-2012, 06:27 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/07/report-brees-agent-baffled-at-slow-pace-of-contract-talks-with-saints/

ESPNís John Clayton said on SportsCenter this morning that Breesí agent, Tom Condon, is surprised by the slow pace of the talks.

ďI ran into his agent, Tom Condon of CAA, last week, and even heís kind of baffled at this time as far as how this is going because itís going to slow,Ē Clayton said

asdf1223
02-11-2012, 06:36 PM
So they have replace the annual Sean Payton is leaving New Orleans for Dallas offseason rumors to Drew Brees is leaving for Washington rumors? Not an offseason without absurd speculation coming from there.

BeerBaron
02-11-2012, 06:58 PM
I doubt the Saints would want to franchise him as it would definitely hurt them a whole lot/possibly stop them resigning either of Colston/Nicks/Porter. But in saying that, I doubt they'd hesitate to use the tag on him. You don't just let a guy like Drew Brees walk.

Those guys are completely irrelevant if they don't bring back Brees.

I'd rather have Brees and none of those guys than all of those guys and say, Chase Daniel.

And I'm sure the Saints feel the same way. Plus, franchising him would just be the first step in a long term deal anyway. He's going to get paid that money by the Saints one way or another.

Caddy
02-11-2012, 07:17 PM
Those guys are completely irrelevant if they don't bring back Brees.

I'd rather have Brees and none of those guys than all of those guys and say, Chase Daniel.

And I'm sure the Saints feel the same way. Plus, franchising him would just be the first step in a long term deal anyway. He's going to get paid that money by the Saints one way or another.

Yep that's what I was saying. If they franchise Brees and don't extend his deal before FA starts, might as well kiss all of those free agents goodbye. If they can structure his deal so it is backloaded and get it done before FA, maybe a few of them hang around.

A Perfect Score
02-11-2012, 07:34 PM
Plax should stick to giving advice about proper gun care. Clearly he's more knowledgeable about that.

OSUGiants17
02-11-2012, 07:49 PM
If the Saints were smart, they'd let Brees walk, bring back all their other FAs and sign:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_-sowa9IPRvU/TCODtpsuK3I/AAAAAAAAAVA/wQ4EbPJT2ek/s1600/peoplemag.jpg
MATTzzzzzzzzzzzzz FLYNNzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

BradysKnee
02-11-2012, 07:52 PM
What a tool.

diabsoule
02-11-2012, 10:36 PM

I don't think Porter will be back at all. The Saints still have Greer and PRob plus Johnny Patrick to step up. Porter's injury history is also a major concern as he's out at least 4-5 games a season with an injury.

Bringing Brees back is paramount to the team being relevant. I could stand losing Porter and Colston but Brees then Nicks are absolute priorities.

Complex
02-11-2012, 10:57 PM
If the Saints were smart, they'd let Brees walk, bring back all their other FAs and sign:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_-sowa9IPRvU/TCODtpsuK3I/AAAAAAAAAVA/wQ4EbPJT2ek/s1600/peoplemag.jpg
MATTzzzzzzzzzzzzz FLYNNzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I noticed that a lot of QB's have huge ass foreheads

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
02-11-2012, 11:24 PM
It's not small.

49erNation85
02-11-2012, 11:36 PM
Flynn can come to SF.

Razor
02-12-2012, 01:44 AM

8pBi69gqVO0

yodabear
02-12-2012, 01:52 AM
We are gonna trust Plax? Seriously? What a dumb prediction.

Caddy
02-12-2012, 01:55 AM
8pBi69gqVO0

Haha. Slightly different conditions.

A Perfect Score
02-12-2012, 02:06 AM
8pBi69gqVO0

This made me laugh really, really hard.

SuperPacker
02-12-2012, 04:33 AM
Anyone who even contemplates that Drew Brees wont be in NO next year is a moron! Plax is just a fucktard that shot himself in the leg.

J-Mike88
02-12-2012, 07:23 AM
8pBi69gqVO0
That's all-time classic LMAO there.... San Diego, let Brees walk before his prime, and LT just past his prime.

tjsunstein
02-12-2012, 08:42 AM
I guarantee this won't happen. And I've never shot myself.

descendency
02-12-2012, 12:37 PM
Plus, why would Washington want a dome QB?

bigbluedefense
02-12-2012, 09:17 PM
Prison didn't change Plaxico at all. He's still a complete moron.

Having that said, it'll be interesting to see how he looks in year 2 out of jail. He should do much better.

Flyboy
02-13-2012, 12:24 AM
This is such a non-story it's laughable.

The TRUE point of this story, however, is WHEN Brees will sign with the team. If he signs before free agency (which he has vowed he will) before free agency, then that frees up the franchise tag for Carl Nicks and then negotiations with Colston can start. If not, then Brees will get the tag and there's a chance we could lose both Colston & Nicks.

Thecollegedropout
02-13-2012, 12:26 AM
I wish Plax spent this much energy speaking as he did for cutting down on the offensive pass int he had EVERY week this year for the Jets. Ugh.