PDA

View Full Version : Ravens1991 VS. Familyguy

Ravens1991
03-27-2007, 09:08 PM
Now this one will have a poll This is over the course of 4 years.

Ravens1991
Offense- balanced
Defense-4-3/3-4 Hybrid.

QB-Jay Cutler- We have 3 good deep threat WR and a great intermediate to deep TE in Heap, he has the arm strength and confidence to let that ball loose to either one of them targets.
RB-Laurence Maroney- He brings the ability to take any run to the house, he can out run you,break your tackle, and do his great stiff arm on you. He can go for a inside run or a outside run as well. Also gives us the opportunity to send him our on dump passes so he can use his game breaking ability. Plus with our o-line he would do well with thier ability to get to the second level.
RB-Willis McGahee- He is effective in space and can benefit from Steinbach pulling for him, he will help keep Maroney fresh as well
WR-Roy Williams-A big play threat with amazing hands, he is 6'2 and can jump as high as a kite, he can go long or run a 10 yard slant and make a jaw dropping catch over the middle.
WR-Lee Evans-A speed threat who can make plays happen, he will benefit with Cutlers cannon.
WR-Santana Moss- A elite deep threat, can be sent deep and burn the competition, is he gets past the CB good luck for a S to cover him.
LT-Levi Jones-Levi is a pro bowl quality LT, will protect Cutlers blindside and pairing him up with Steinbach will give us a great left side to run on.
LG-Eric Steinbach-A great pass blocker will help protecting Cutlers blindside giving him time to air it out to our WR, he is athletic enough for pulls in the running game.
C-Chris Spencer-Chris is young and can anchor a o-line he will be able to handle the heat from the interior d-line.
RG-Logan Mankins-He is a mauler that with him being paired up with Jamal Brown will give us a right side good for power runs.
RT-Jamal Brown-A athletic young tackle he will be able to handle DE and get to the second level to help our RB out.
TE-Todd Heap-A great run blocker who is not afraid to go over the middle and take a painful hit, a reliable redzone target as well. He is athletic enough that we can line him up at WR and he can provide blocking for screen passes to Moss or Evans.

4-3 Defense

DE-Terrell Suggs- will be a great speed rusher and will get pressure on the QB and stop the run. He is quick and fast enough to get to runs to the outside. He brings 12+ sack potential
DT-Richard Seymour-A big run stuffer that will keep double teams off of Suggs and provide bull rush ability. He will keep blockers off of our LB and let them roam free. He is also athletic enough to gobble up a hole and shed a block to make the tackle. He brings 6+ sack potential
DT-Jamal Williams- He is the big boy, he gobbles up a ton of people, he could attract the whole interior line, with his brute strength and being paired next to Peppers and Seymour he will keep them free from double teams and he is athletic enough to fill up a hole if the o-line can make one. Some may bring up the age, but look at Ted Washington, he is playing well at 38 years of age and he will be 39 next season,he could be the dad of basically half of this message board and still play at a good level so Jamal could be a pro bowler in 4 years.
DE-Jullius Peppers- A freak of nature that can bull rush or beat a tackle with his speed. With the DT next to him he has no worries a bout double teams so he can make plays. He brings 14+ sack potential.
OLB-Bobby Carpenter- A athletic LB who can cover well, and blitz well also, he wont get hung up on any blocks at 260 pounds, he will be able to handle TE in the passing game.
MLB-Bart Scott- He is one mean run stuffer. He is just a play maker, he had a 9.5 sack and 100 tackle season. He is just a play maker. one heck of a blitzer andone bad hitter, ask Ben Rothlisberger.
OLB-Derrick Johnson- A great coverage player. He is athletic enough to cover RB and blitz off the edge. He wont have to worry about getting o-lineman at him with that d-line.
CB-Lito Shepperd- He can cover well and brings good speed. He won't get beat badly.
FS-Ken Hamlin-A good FS who will pair up well with Roy Williams
SS-Roy Williams- He hits so hard he can bring great momentum changes, will make teams think twice about sending WR up the middle, in rar cases that a RB gets past the front 7 he can shut him down
CB-Asomugha- A playmaking CB who many people thought should be a pro bowler.
CB-Antonio Cromartie-A good nickel back who has all world potenial, he will develope into a stud.

3-4 defense

DE-Richard Seymour- The best 3-4 DE in the business, he will demand a double team and strong enough to get sacks at this position.
DT-Jamal Williams- The best 3-4 DT in the league. He demands double teams and can shut down a hole at the blink of an eye.
DE-Jullius Peppers- A beastly athlete, good enough for a double team, strong enough to beat it, fast enough to beat it also. Brings great pass rush from this spot as well.
OLB-Terrell Suggs- A quick pass rusher who can get 12+ sacks from here, he can also drop back into coverage also.
ILB-Bart Scott- Will bring a great pass rush from here and mean run stuffing player. He can also cover with since he can play 4-3 OLB so he can pick up TE or RB
ILB-Derrik Johnson- A good coverage LB will be all over the field making plays, with his d-line up front he won't have to worry about getting blocked a lot.
OLB-Bobby Carpenter- He brings ILB and OLB versatility. He can cover TE or RB plus bring good blitzing from this spot as well. Can shed blocks at 260 pounds as well.

Familyguy
QB Tom Brady
RB Clinton Portis
FB Lorenzo Neal
WR Torry Holt
WR Javon Walker
TE Owen Daniels
OT Orlando Pace
OG Alan Faneca
C Jeff Saturday
OG Stephen Neal
OT Chad Clifton

SUB = Kevin Jones RB

DE Dwight Freeney
DT Larry Tripplett
DT Vonnie Holiday
DE Aaron Schobel
OLB Ian Gold
MLB Zach Thomas
OLB D.J. Williams
CB DeAngelo Hall
CB Richard Marshall
FS Sean Taylor
SS Corey Chavous

SUB = Andra Davis

Chucky
03-27-2007, 09:16 PM
i dont like ravens 3-4 scheme, peppers would be better off as on OLB in the 3-4 IMO

Ravens1991
03-27-2007, 09:20 PM
possibly but he isnt a slumb at 3-4 DE, he can play that at a elite level also.

Ravens1991
03-27-2007, 09:20 PM
My D is generated off pressure, I can get a ton of pressure in my 3-4 and 4-3front just like the Ravens defense currently.

Chucky
03-27-2007, 09:24 PM
there is no way suggs/ carpenter paired with peppers could stop the run in tht 3-4

Ravens1991
03-27-2007, 09:26 PM
look at my front 3, the best DE and the best DT, also Peppers has the strength to play 3-4 DE but has the athletic ability to play OLB. Suggs is a top 3-4 OLB in the league. He is very well rounded. Plus Scott can close up holes, and in any situation Roy Williams can come in and help on the run.

Chucky
03-27-2007, 09:27 PM
Over the next 4 years Jamaal WIlliams will not be the best overall NT, that will go to casey hampton without a doubt

Ravens1991
03-27-2007, 09:29 PM
ok assuming that over the 4 years he has 2 more years as the best then he will go down but still be a top DT. Look at Ted Washington he is 38 and still playing great.

Ravens1991
03-27-2007, 09:30 PM
besides Jamal Williams was born in 1976 and Hampton was born in 1977, its not like Casey is 26 he is only 1 year younger.

Chucky
03-27-2007, 09:36 PM
You cant just say cuz ted washington did it williams will do it, Ted washington was crap for the past few years who couldnt stay on the field, plus there are way more retired 38 year old NT's than playing

Ravens1991
03-27-2007, 09:42 PM
true, but your NT Casey Hampton is only 1 year younger then Williams and you claim he is gonna be the best in 4 years, one year wont make that much, just 33 compared to 34 years old.

Chucky
03-27-2007, 09:48 PM
it actually could make a big difference, especially considering williams will have to pick up a lot of slack, with peppers inability to stop the run, i dont want this to get into a big fight, i voted for ur team anyways

RoyHall#1
03-28-2007, 09:30 AM
Why wasn't Ladainian Thomlinson taken?

ccB
03-28-2007, 09:35 AM
Why wasn't Ladainian Thomlinson taken?

Because he sucks.

RoyHall#1
03-28-2007, 12:11 PM
Because he sucks.

Worse than Kevin Jones?

Ravens1991
03-28-2007, 02:02 PM
he was.........

Ravens1991
03-28-2007, 03:53 PM
Worse than Kevin Jones?

I assume you haven't seen Kevin or Tomlinson play football.

seriously Fenikz took him.

Big Mike
03-28-2007, 03:54 PM
easily famguy

Ravens1991
03-28-2007, 03:57 PM
my RB would do very well, average 4.5+ YPC with my o-line and his d-line. Plus my o-line will be able to get to the second level easily.

Ravens1991
03-28-2007, 04:40 PM
My run game VS. Familyguy run defense.

Dwight Freeny is not that good against the run. We can run right at him and pull Steinbach for good 5+ pick ups.

My passing game will give Jay Cutler the ability to air it out, with a o-line to give him time, if he does get pressure I can through WR screens to Santana Moss.

My 4-3 Defense will get costant pressure on the QB and give the LB the ability to roam free to make plays.

My 3-4 Defense is also build well and can give the other team unpedictable set ups.

draftguru151
03-29-2007, 09:38 PM
Since when is Peppers not good against the run? And it's not like he will be a pure 3-4 DE, it is a hybrid defense and while at times he will be in the 5 tech for the most part he will be on the edge. Jamal Williams has shown no sign of slowing down and strength doesn't go away fast. You are complaining about Williams when the other team has Vonnie Holliday at DT? Zach Thomas has 2 years left max, Corey Chavous? How can you bring up Williams' age when the other team is ridiculously older.

Ravens1991
03-30-2007, 02:27 PM
Since when is Peppers not good against the run? And it's not like he will be a pure 3-4 DE, it is a hybrid defense and while at times he will be in the 5 tech for the most part he will be on the edge. Jamal Williams has shown no sign of slowing down and strength doesn't go away fast. You are complaining about Williams when the other team has Vonnie Holliday at DT? Zach Thomas has 2 years left max, Corey Chavous? How can you bring up Williams' age when the other team is ridiculously older.

I agree with all of that, to bad you couldnt have posted that sooner.

princefielder28
03-30-2007, 02:37 PM
Suprised to see FG win!

Ravens1991
03-30-2007, 04:25 PM
same here but I always think I have a chance to win I am a bit of a homer.