PDA

View Full Version : Manning to sign with Denver Broncos

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

J-Mike88
02-12-2012, 09:04 PM
(I searched thru a bunch of pages, back over a month, saw nothing with this similiar title.... I want to put this to a vote now before strong leaks start to come out.... see who here pegged it right.)

WHERE do you predict PEYTON MANNING will END UP this season after the Colts part ways with him here soon?

http://www.e-filler.ca/images/chop.jpg

The 49ers and Redskins have to be the top 2 candidates. Neither has a QB they are going to commit long term to and both have very good teams.

The Jets have a loud mouth coach and a cancerous team. Peyton will have no part of that.

The Cardinals and Seahawks just don't have the all around talent to be major contenders.

The Dolphins are a nice option.

I don't think we ever see him play again. That being said, Seattle, San Fran, Jets, could all use his services to get over the hump.

I feel the same way, I don't think we'll ever see the same Manning again.

And if he returns, I think he'll do so with a team that's ready to win a SB right now. KC probably still needs one or two more years to truly solidify, IMO.

I'd guess San Fran could/would make a move for him.

mellojello
02-12-2012, 09:44 PM
I predict he's finished.

fenikz
02-12-2012, 10:27 PM
Arizona or Miami imo

49erNation85
02-12-2012, 11:24 PM
I unlikely spot but come on to sf . We could be super bowl bound . for get Alex smith ....

Vox Populi
02-12-2012, 11:28 PM
Seattle or Arizona make the most sense to me. Unless Arizona makes substantial upgrade to their offensive line I'd probably say he should go to Seattle. Rice obviously isn't as good as Fitzgerald, but I'd take the Seahawks entire team of skill position players above Arizona's, and Seattle's line while not great, is definitely better than the Cardinals.

broncosfan
02-12-2012, 11:47 PM
I choose "Somewhere else" where? I believe he'll retire and start a coaching career, maybe not this year but i think we'll see him back in the NFL.

descendency
02-13-2012, 12:54 AM
I refuse to believe Jim Harbaugh is sticking with Alex Smith if he can get Peyton Manning for 2 years.

Unless the 49ers are cap strapped, my money is on SF. They're the best team with the weakest QB (ie the Vikings pre-Favre)

Vox Populi
02-13-2012, 01:55 AM
I refuse to believe Jim Harbaugh is sticking with Alex Smith if he can get Peyton Manning for 2 years.

Unless the 49ers are cap strapped, my money is on SF. They're the best team with the weakest QB (ie the Vikings pre-Favre)

They'll probably want to bring back at least one of Ted Ginn or Josh Morgan, maybe both at least for training camp. Ahmad Brooks, Larry Grant, Blake Costanzo and Tavares Gooden at LB are all FA's, Grant and Costanzo will probably both be back for pretty cheap, Gooden could be had for really cheap too, but Brooks will more than likely walk.

Then their big money re-signings and big question marks are Carlos Rogers and Dashon Goldson who were both huge for them this year and they'll take up a pretty big chunk of cap space if they both re-sign.

Right now the 49ers have 21-25 million in cap space depending on what the cap ends up being without regards to who they need to re-sign and their draft picks. Assume they spend at least 10 million on re-signing players, which is being really conservative, and 5 million on draft picks. They'll have between 6 and 10 million left in cap room without cutting or restructuring any deals.

So I guess if the 49ers want Peyton he'll probably be the only FA they sign for anything above a veteran minimum and hope that the addition of Peyton and rookies alone will be able to put them in the Super Bowl and that rookies will be able to replace any FA's that they lose.

bantx
02-13-2012, 02:02 AM
A team that always sticks out to me for some reason is Seattle, TJackson is not going to take them places and I believe they're a QB away from being playoff contenders.

Don Vito
02-13-2012, 02:32 AM
Still can't believe were talking about this. Crazy the difference a year makes, I think he will be in Miami.

J-Mike88
02-13-2012, 06:27 AM
Still can't believe were talking about this. Crazy the difference a year makes, I think he will be in Miami.
It really is unbelievable. He went from on top, to totally on the sideline with no control over anything.

Looks like Larry Fitzgerald is winning the poll here....

I predicted we've seen the last of him, but hope I'm wrong.

Ness
02-13-2012, 06:33 AM
People still think Peyton Manning will be a 49er? LMFAO.

killxswitch
02-13-2012, 08:41 AM
I have no clue. The torrent of daily regurgitated and twisted info about Manning here locally has made it impossible for me to do anything but wait to see what happens at this point.

J-Mike88
02-13-2012, 08:42 AM
I have no clue. The torrent of daily regurgitated and twisted info about Manning here locally has made it impossible for me to do anything but wait to see what happens at this point.
What is your gut feeling there killx?

killxswitch
02-13-2012, 09:30 AM
What is your gut feeling there killx?

It's hard to say, mainly because Irsay has turned into such a different person now that Polian is no longer around. For the longest time I've said that if Manning is healthy enough to play, he'll be a Colt. I'm not so sure about that anymore.

My best guess is that they will delay the bonus date and give Manning more time to rehab. I still think if he plays anywhere next year it will be in Indy.

gpngc
02-13-2012, 12:06 PM
Seattle.

L I N C E P T I O N

AntoinCD
02-13-2012, 12:38 PM
It's hard to say, mainly because Irsay has turned into such a different person now that Polian is no longer around. For the longest time I've said that if Manning is healthy enough to play, he'll be a Colt. I'm not so sure about that anymore.

My best guess is that they will delay the bonus date and give Manning more time to rehab. I still think if he plays anywhere next year it will be in Indy.

I think there is a whole load of grey area here. If he is confirmed as healthy and should regain most, if not all, his arm strength then yeah the Colts would likely keep him around. However there is about a 5% chance of that happening in time for them to make a decision on this. My best guess is he is cleared to play but doctors won't be able to give a guarantee that he will ever have enough arm strength left and the Colts will rightly cut him. Then some team will gamble on him and hope he gets healthy.

killxswitch
02-13-2012, 12:57 PM
I think there is a whole load of grey area here. If he is confirmed as healthy and should regain most, if not all, his arm strength then yeah the Colts would likely keep him around. However there is about a 5% chance of that happening in time for them to make a decision on this. My best guess is he is cleared to play but doctors won't be able to give a guarantee that he will ever have enough arm strength left and the Colts will rightly cut him. Then some team will gamble on him and hope he gets healthy.

There's a chance, if the relationship between Manning and Irsay is still strong enough, that he will be cut and then re-signed to an incentive-laden deal. If he is willing to do that for another team, as has been reported, then he should do it for the team that just paid him $26 million to rehab all year last year.

If the Colts cut him and don't re-sign him before the draft, then he and the Colts are done until he decides to retire.

At that point I would expect him to go to a team like Miami or Arizona or even Seattle. Teams with solid defenses and good receivers. I am thinking of Sidney Rice in Seattle, he put up monster numbers with Favre.

Razor
02-13-2012, 12:59 PM
I think he'll end up in Miami. It's a much bigger media market which I think is something that he'll consider. Arizona is also a possibility, but I don't think he'd want to have Levy Brown as his blind side protector.

killxswitch
02-13-2012, 01:24 PM
I think he'll end up in Miami. It's a much bigger media market which I think is something that he'll consider. Arizona is also a possibility, but I don't think he'd want to have Levy Brown as his blind side protector.

Maybe. I doubt his release will be as quick as it used to be so he will probably need more of an OL. Which would mean Miami.

AntoinCD
02-13-2012, 01:30 PM
There's a chance, if the relationship between Manning and Irsay is still strong enough, that he will be cut and then re-signed to an incentive-laden deal. If he is willing to do that for another team, as has been reported, then he should do it for the team that just paid him $26 million to rehab all year last year.

If the Colts cut him and don't re-sign him before the draft, then he and the Colts are done until he decides to retire.

At that point I would expect him to go to a team like Miami or Arizona or even Seattle. Teams with solid defenses and good receivers. I am thinking of Sidney Rice in Seattle, he put up monster numbers with Favre.

It could be a tough sell for Irsay to say "we'll give you a contract where the value depends on how often and how well you play, but we're going to use the first pick of the draft on the most polished QB prospect in decades who is ready to start from day one".

killxswitch
02-13-2012, 01:41 PM
It could be a tough sell for Irsay to say "we'll give you a contract where the value depends on how often and how well you play, but we're going to use the first pick of the draft on the most polished QB prospect in decades who is ready to start from day one".

Good point. But with the salary cap actually meaning something again, how likely is it that teams are going to take a huge chance on a 36 year old QB with 3 neck surgeries in 19 months and a tricep nerve that may or may not ever regenerate?

AntoinCD
02-13-2012, 01:46 PM
Good point. But with the salary cap actually meaning something again, how likely is it that teams are going to take a huge chance on a 36 year old QB with 3 neck surgeries in 19 months and a tricep nerve that may or may not ever regenerate?

I will always have faith that at least one NFL decision maker is ******** enough to do something like that.

I don't see somewhere like Miami or Seattle going down that route though. But someone like Ken Wisenhunt who may not have much longer left could roll the dice on Manning.

dan77733
02-13-2012, 04:07 PM
Of the listed teams, I selected the Cardinals. Cardinals have Fitzgerald, Wells and a very good defense. All they need is to upgrade the OL via the Draft/FA and possibly sign another WR opposite Fitzgerald.

Even at 50%, Manning is still far superior to Kolb/Skelton/whoever the hell else is there in ARZ. If Manning goes to ARZ, I see Wayne joining him too. Could also see Garcon in ARZ.

As a 49ers fan, im worried about the Cardinals the most. Rams have no one outside of Bradford and Jackson on offense plus they have Bradford so no Peyton there. SEA could be an option but with so much money and draft picks invested in Jackson/Whitehurst, I dont see that happening plus Manning is going to want weapons. He would have far more weapons in ARZ than SEA plus ARZ basically in a dome on turf. Dont think Manning would go to a bad weather area like SEA where it rains almost all the time.

That was my pick but I wouldnt be surprised to see the Ravens trade Flacco and sign Manning. He's the veteran they need at the most important position especially with all of their veteran defensive players. And how fun would it be to see the offense fail, Lewis get pissed but have a QB like Manning instead of Flacco (or whoever). That would be interesting to say the least.

As for my 49ers, no thanks. I prefer Alex Smith quite honestly. Manning would cost too much money and if Harbaugh was to sign Manning, it would end everything that he was able to build in 2011. No thanks to Manning.

What we need is to re-sign our top three UFA's (Smith, Goldson and Brooks), let Rogers walk if he demands too much money, re-sign Snyder to keep the starting OL intact, tender ILB Larry Grant at a 2nd round draft pick and acquire a speed playmaking receiver on the outside. That will help out the offense more than anything else.

fenikz
02-13-2012, 06:03 PM
ARZ sounds like a pirate it's just AZ

As for Alex Smith I doubt he resigns cheap, people might actually want him this offseason, 10 mil plus certainly

dan77733
02-13-2012, 09:24 PM
$10m??? No way. $8m a year max. He's not worth anything to other teams because he would have to learn yet another offense from yet another OC.

NorrinRadd12
02-14-2012, 07:13 AM
Houston. Then they trade Schaub to the Redskins.

killxswitch
02-14-2012, 08:02 AM
Houston. Then they trade Schaub to the Redskins.

I really don't think Manning is going to be a dick about this. I don't think he'll stay in the division to try to screw the Colts like Favre did when he went to Minny.

NorrinRadd12
02-14-2012, 09:36 AM
I really don't think Manning is going to be a dick about this. I don't think he'll stay in the division to try to screw the Colts like Favre did when he went to Minny.

I don't think that would be a dick move. He would just be doing what's best for him, just like the Colts are doing what's best for them by releasing him. Houston should be the overwhelming top choice for Manning: pretty easy division, indoors/nice weather, loaded team around him. If he goes to a team like Washington, Arizona or Miami all those teams have other issues besides QB and there are powerhouses in the division. San Francisco makes sense but I like Houston more because of the better WRs and run game.

H.O.O.D
02-14-2012, 10:42 AM
SEA could be an option but with so much money and draft picks invested in Jackson/Whitehurst, I dont see that happening plus Manning is going to want weapons. He would have far more weapons in ARZ than SEA plus ARZ basically in a dome on turf. Dont think Manning would go to a bad weather area like SEA where it rains almost all the time.

Whitehurst is a FA (and what was given up for him was a swapping of 2nd rounders in 2010 and a 3rd rounder last year which was used on Shareece Wright). Jackson is in year 2 of a 2 year deal, for 4 million on the books.

Seattle went out and acquired Sidney Rice and Zach Miller to get more offensive weapons last year, and had the emergence of Baldwin as an UDFA as new weapons. Obviously Rice needs to get and stay healthy. John Carlson is someone Carroll said he wants to resign.

Let's not forget that Seattle spent it's first 2 picks on the OL last year and signed Gallery to play LG. All the moves they made were quite apparent the team was hoping to position itself to be able to go all in on a QB this year.

Manning makes a ton of sense for the Hawks and vice versa, and I doubt the rain is going to be a major or even minor factor in deciding here he goes.

The Seahawks have an estimated 35 million in cap space according to John Clayton so they also have the room to further improve the team on the open market and pay the Manning.

gpngc
02-14-2012, 11:06 AM
Whitehurst is a FA (and what was given up for him was a swapping of 2nd rounders in 2010 and a 3rd rounder last year which was used on Shareece Wright). Jackson is in year 2 of a 2 year deal, for 4 million on the books.

Seattle went out and acquired Sidney Rice and Zach Miller to get more offensive weapons last year, and had the emergence of Baldwin as an UDFA as new weapons. Obviously Rice needs to get and stay healthy. John Carlson is someone Carroll said he wants to resign.

Let's not forget that Seattle spent it's first 2 picks on the OL last year and signed Gallery to play LG. All the moves they made were quite apparent the team was hoping to position itself to be able to go all in on a QB this year.

Manning makes a ton of sense for the Hawks and vice versa, and I doubt the rain is going to be a major or even minor factor in deciding here he goes.

The Seahawks have an estimated 35 million in cap space according to John Clayton so they also have the room to further improve the team on the open market and pay the Manning.

All true. And if Manning seriously wanted to play for the Texans, I would argue that Seattle is the next best situation (good defense, running game, OL, homefield advantage).

fenikz
02-14-2012, 11:10 AM
No receivers, terrible o-line, bad weather

Don't think Seattle is an option

gpngc
02-14-2012, 11:17 AM
No receivers, terrible o-line, bad weather

Don't think Seattle is an option

Or one very good #1 receiver whose only issue is staying on the field (and he's healthy now), good TEs, an excellent slot guy, and the cap room to bring along a Colston or a Wayne.

And a very promising OL including a premiere pass-blocking protector at LT, a great LG, great C, up-and-coming right side, and quality depth (as proven last season).

But yes, there has been bad weather in Seattle (although I don't think it rained once on game days this past year).

He'd instantly own the city, would have a running game and defense to lean on, sick homefield advantage, and only the 49ers to worry about (a team the Seahawks played tough twice with T-Joke under center). If Schneider and Carroll pitch it right, he'll at least consider - this situation is as close to Houston as it gets (although I would respect an argument for Arizona but that OL is just scary and I do like Miami but I doubt he wants to play Brady and the Jets twice a year...)

bantx
02-14-2012, 11:17 AM
Arizona's O-line isn't too great either; seahawk's oline isn't horrible, but if we're going all of the above Miami will be the best option for Manning. But I still think Seahawks would really benefit with a good QB.

gpngc
02-14-2012, 11:20 AM
Arizona's OL isn't in the same stratosphere as Seattle's currently. With a great offseason, it could be, but that's a big question mark.

As for Miami, I really think he'd have a hard time committing to play in a division with NE (and to some extent, NYJ). That's really the only thing I see that hurts Miami's pitch, though.

fenikz
02-14-2012, 11:38 AM
AZ o-line is horrible but so is Seattle, I'm just not claiming that Levi Brown is a "primiere pass blocker"

54 sacks allowed by SEA, 53 by AZ

gpngc
02-14-2012, 11:52 AM
AZ o-line is horrible but so is Seattle, I'm just not claiming that Levi Brown is a "primiere pass blocker"

I'm claiming that Okung is though.

You have to factor in that he missed a lot of games and that the QB is T-Jack who is known for holding onto the ball like a ******* ******. And in the beginning of the season Carpenter was getting beat like a drum consistently, but improved drastically before he got hurt. In fact, anyone who followed the team knows the entire OL was terrible in the first three games but really gelled down the stretch (not coincidentally, Lynch did NOTHING early in the year either). 14 of the 54 sacks given up were in the first three games of the year.

gpngc
02-14-2012, 11:54 AM

And the real #s are 50 given up by SEA, 54 by ARZ.Don't know where you got 54. 14 of the 50 were given up in Weeks 1 through 3, before the drastic shift in performance and improvement by Carpenter/adjustment by the coaches in protection schemes.

fenikz
02-14-2012, 11:55 AM
Okung will always be injured and certainly isn't premiere when he is playing anyways

gpngc
02-14-2012, 12:00 PM
Okung will always be injured and certainly isn't premiere when he is playing anyways

Cannot argue against him always being injured but as a fan of the team, I'm hopeful he'll stay healthy.

Can and will argue that he absolutely performs at an extremely high level when he is on the field. No one knows it or cares because A) he's often injured and B) it's Seattle.

My thing is that I think it's a fool's game to predict injuries. Sure sometimes trends come into play, and Okung hasn't been a model of health during his two years in the NFL, but the fact is, in this game ANYONE can get hurt on ANY given play, so why try to predict who?

FUNBUNCHER
02-14-2012, 12:49 PM
Manning is going to limit sacks because he'll get rid of the football. Seattle would be a shrewd move for Peyton, I think he makes them a darkhorse contender. Sign him one more target from FA (Colston) and Seahawks are set on offense.

IMO there really is no 'ideal' situation for Peyton, meaning he will be the assumed savior wherever he goes instead of just another piece.

Shane P. Hallam
02-14-2012, 01:18 PM
My thing is that I think it's a fool's game to predict injuries. Sure sometimes trends come into play, and Okung hasn't been a model of health during his two years in the NFL, but the fact is, in this game ANYONE can get hurt on ANY given play, so why try to predict who?

Because predicting can allow a team to move forward or get quality back-ups for an oft injured player?

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
02-14-2012, 01:25 PM
If Bill Polian better predicted Peyton Manning going down, he'd still have a job.

mightytitan9
02-14-2012, 04:44 PM
Kansas City is my early prediction. Cassel is nothing more than average, KC has all the tools on offense to compete for a championship right away. With Berry returning on D, along with strides by Houston and Bailey, they could be a solid unit there as well.

gpngc
02-14-2012, 06:00 PM
Because predicting can allow a team to move forward or get quality back-ups for an oft injured player?

Having quality depth a priority is extremely important to Seattle. Paul McQuistan filled in brilliantly for Okung and they just re-signed Breno G. who was very, very good as an insurance policy for the right side. The Seahawks also make more in-season roster moves than any team in the NFL.

However, when talking about one singular (and very good) player, predicting him to be injured because he has in the past is just blatant pessimism. I do agree, however, that preparing for injuries with depth is extremely important - but it goes without saying and the Seahawks are on top of it... hence them not missing a beat when 3/5 of the OL went down late last season...

EDIT: And it's no where near time to move forward from Okung... he just needs to stay healthy - it's as simple as that. He's a beast when he plays. And I just covered the 'get quality backups point' - they've got em.

ArkyRamsFan
02-14-2012, 06:07 PM
Kansas City is my early prediction. Cassel is nothing more than average, KC has all the tools on offense to compete for a championship right away. With Berry returning on D, along with strides by Houston and Bailey, they could be a solid unit there as well.

But they just signed Kyle Orton....wait...never mind!!

Seriously though, you do make an interesting post. I had not even considered KC before but when you think about it the AFC West is seemingly wide open every year so there is that to consider.

Do you think he would want to play in the cold? Also, outside of Bowe what weapons would he have?

As a Rams fan I'm hoping he goes anywhere but Seattle or even Arizona...

gpngc
02-14-2012, 06:14 PM
Where does KC fall on the cap room spectrum? They still have to sign Bowe. Still, not a bad idea... that's a fairly easy division for him too. And great homefield, etc.

fenikz
02-14-2012, 06:25 PM
Far more than they could reasonable spend, something like 50 mil

StickSkills
02-14-2012, 06:43 PM
But they just signed Kyle Orton....wait...never mind!!

Seriously though, you do make an interesting post. I had not even considered KC before but when you think about it the AFC West is seemingly wide open every year so there is that to consider.

Do you think he would want to play in the cold? Also, outside of Bowe what weapons would he have?

As a Rams fan I'm hoping he goes anywhere but Seattle or even Arizona...

They drafted Baldwin last season and also signed Steve Breaston.

J-Mike88
02-14-2012, 06:45 PM
How would a team that sign$ Manning (Seattle the example above) also have the cap $pace to sign a WR like Marques Colston?

I need to see some fuzzy math to demonstrate that one.

Arizona seems like the best spot IMO in a dome, and with the beast Fitzgerald and a good young RB.
How old was Warner when he went there, vs Manning now?

gpngc
02-14-2012, 07:06 PM
How would a team that sign$ Manning (Seattle the example above) also have the cap $pace to sign a WR like Marques Colston?

Arizona seems like the best spot IMO in a dome, and with the beast Fitzgerald and a good young RB.

Creatively. Like how Philly did last year. And how teams that are like $10 million over right now are going to move money around in order to sign their draft picks at least.

Seattle, specifically, has cap room already and could save some more by cutting Trufant and maybe not signing back a guy like David Hawthorne. I would also expect whatever contract Manning gets to be highly incentive/health-based.

H.O.O.D
02-15-2012, 08:45 AM

Well 34.8 million under the cap is how (before they something with Trufant). But I think Seattle would more likely try to sign Wayne and not Colston. At 33 years old he comes cheaper and has that familiarity & chemistry with Peyton.

gpngc
02-25-2012, 04:41 PM
This is just funny:

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/59623/west-mum-on-peyton-did-chiefs-cross-line

...and an example of how widespread and constant the media has become. Still bad judgment by Crennel...

vidae
02-25-2012, 04:56 PM
Bad judgment? Do you have any idea how often this happens, especially at the combine? All he said was he'd be crazy not to consider it.

Giantsfan1080
02-25-2012, 04:58 PM
Yeah I don't think it was that bad at all.

gpngc
Bad judgment? Do you have any idea how often this happens, especially at the combine? All he said was he'd be crazy not to consider it.

What?

"I’m not supposed to talk about anybody else’s players, and he’s still a player with Indianapolis," Crennel said, "but with a talent like that, I would be crazy not to consider it, if he were available. So I'll leave it at that."

Was that tampering? Read this passage from the NFL anti-tampering policy and decide for yourself:

Any public or private statement of interest, qualified or unqualified, in another club’s player to that player’s agent or representative, or to a member of the news media, is a violation of this Anti-Tampering Policy. (Example of a prohibited comment: 'He’s an excellent player, and we’d very much like to have him if he were available, but another club holds his rights.")

An example followed by the definition of tampering....

Giantsfan1080
The rule is dumb.

gpngc
02-25-2012, 05:00 PM
I'm sure it happens all the time at the combine. But not to the media. I agree it's not even that bad.

But it's the definition of tampering... he's going to face something for it...

vidae
02-25-2012, 05:03 PM
Slap on the wrist.

Splat
02-25-2012, 05:06 PM
O cry me a Philip Rivers who cares?

He said what everyone else is thinking big deal.

gpngc
02-25-2012, 05:07 PM
LOL you guys are going to be out a 7th and extremely upset about it on April 28th.

I just find it funny that he says pretty much word-for-word what the NFL uses as it's example of a prohibited statement.

vidae
02-25-2012, 05:08 PM
Will I really be upset about losing a 7th?

Giantsfan1080
02-25-2012, 05:08 PM
Will I really be upset about losing a 7th?

If you draft like us you would be. :)

gpngc
02-25-2012, 05:09 PM
Extremely upset.

vidae
02-25-2012, 05:09 PM
I don't care if we lose a 7th. I doubt we will though.

gpngc
02-25-2012, 05:11 PM
And more importantly, the Chiefs are clearly players in this sweepstakes. I never considered them a serious suitor for Manning.

And there's appeal for him, also. Easy division, good home crowd, not-Arizona offensive line, good D, and Charles, Bowe, Baldwin...

Splat
02-25-2012, 05:12 PM
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b87/Splat420/tumblr_lt1pkkIVQO1qdi5c7o8_250.gif

vidae
02-25-2012, 05:19 PM
Yeah, no one has been talking about KC as a destination for Peyton Manning or a potential trade up for RG3 but I'd challenge anyone to find a better place for these guys.

Finsfan79
02-26-2012, 07:37 PM
Welcome to miami Mr. Peyton and Mr. Wayne. :)

Grizzlegom
02-26-2012, 07:48 PM
Arizona or Miami imo

This. I voted for Miami because that's the team he grew up rooting for and because Ross will cut the whole team to get any amount of money he asks for.

gpngc
02-27-2012, 08:56 PM
My thing with Miami is that I doubt he wants to play Brady/Belichick (and Revis/Rex) twice a year when he doesn't have to. Same with Jets. Why choose to be in a division with the Pats when you could play in any other division?

And the thing with Washington (looks like Skins have honed in on RG3 anyway) is why would he want to be in a division with his brother?

Cleveland just has nothing going for them. And it would be in a division with BAL and PIT. There's very little chance he'd even pick up the phone if they called.

That leaves ARZ, SEA, and KC for me.

Tennessee is a crazy darkhorse, though.

dan77733
02-28-2012, 12:23 AM
I still think the Cardinals. Kolb is due a $7m option bonus on March 17th and has a five year $49m contract remaining. Seriously, who would you rather pay? Cardinals could sign Manning and then trade or release Kolb before the option bonus is due. Manning with Fitz, Wells plus probably Wayne or Garcon or both. Jeez...all they need is to improve the OL and my 49ers will definitely need a playmaking WR in FA.

vidae
02-28-2012, 08:04 AM
Who in the hell is going to trade for Kolb?

dan77733
02-28-2012, 01:47 PM
Who in the hell is going to trade for Kolb?

Hmmm, whoever doesnt get Manning/Flynn/Luck/Griffin. LOL. Redskins maybe? Who knows, it only takes one team. Either way, even a 50% Manning is still far better than a 100% Kolb.

Splat
02-28-2012, 03:43 PM
Kolb is untradeable because of his contract.

H.O.O.D
03-01-2012, 09:33 AM
My thing with Miami is that I doubt he wants to play Brady/Belichick (and Revis/Rex) twice a year when he doesn't have to. Same with Jets. Why choose to be in a division with the Pats when you could play in any other division?

And the thing with Washington (looks like Skins have honed in on RG3 anyway) is why would he want to be in a division with his brother?

Cleveland just has nothing going for them. And it would be in a division with BAL and PIT. There's very little chance he'd even pick up the phone if they called.

That leaves ARZ, SEA, and KC for me.

Tennessee is a crazy darkhorse, though.

I agree mostly. One thing though...

I don't see the Titans as the darkhorse team. But I could see Denver coming out of the woodwork. Elway/Fox likely would not be against signing a future HOF QB who would definitely lessen the local noise from the Tebow media circus.

K Train
03-01-2012, 09:42 AM
i say he retires

Job Reborn
03-01-2012, 10:57 AM

You speak as if we're still in the early-mid 2000's. peyton has beaten the Pats regularly as of late and the Pats' defense is not exactly what it once was.

Job Reborn
03-01-2012, 10:58 AM
Kolb is untradeable because of his contract.

And because he sucks.

gpngc
03-01-2012, 11:03 AM
You speak as if we're still in the early-mid 2000's. peyton has beaten the Pats regularly as of late and the Pats' defense is not exactly what it once was.

They are still win at least 11 games a year with BB/TB. Why play against a power house like that when you don't have to?

NFC West, AFC South, AFC West... much better.

NIN1984
03-01-2012, 11:37 AM
I'm gonna say Kansas City. I'll be sick about life but I have a feeling.

Job Reborn
03-01-2012, 11:45 AM
They are still win at least 11 games a year with BB/TB. Why play against a power house like that when you don't have to?

NFC West, AFC South, AFC West... much better.

There's an 11-win team in almost every division every year. And I'll argue their consistent 11-win seasons are greatly helped by the fact the other 3 AFC East teams suck.

gpngc
03-02-2012, 11:02 AM
There's an 11-win team in almost every division every year. And I'll argue their consistent 11-win seasons are greatly helped by the fact the other 3 AFC East teams suck.

I'll disagree with that, especially since one of those teams has been to two of the past three AFCCGs.

Are we really arguing about whether or not the Patriots are a legitimate contender every year? Really? The stance you should have is that Manning simply won't care and would go to MIA anyway, not shying away from his rivals.

I tend to think that with what will likely be MANY, MANY other options, he'll choose to play in a division that doesn't feature the only team in football that has ever had his number. I may be wrong. Maybe he WANTS that. I think if his goal is to get as far as possible with a team, he's a smart guy, going to KC, ARZ, SEA, or TEN might make for easier roads...

Anyway, this:

Bob Kravitz of the Indianapolis Star reports Peyton Manning is working out in Florida and throwing "much, much better."
NFL Network's Albert Breer has heard similar reports. It was the well-sourced Kravitz who told the Tony Kornheiser Show early last month that Manning did not yet look like an NFL quarterback in throwing sessions. Between the Kravitz report and another by ESPN's Chris Mortensen, it seems that Manning has made substantial progress over the past 4-6 weeks. We wouldn't be surprised to see a free agent blitz on Manning immediately after his March 8 release.
Source: Bob Kravitz on Twitter
Mar 2 - 10:43 AM

killxswitch
03-02-2012, 11:28 AM
Things would get so crazy if the Colts decided to just pay him the $28M and trade away the #1 pick. That's not what I want but it is interesting to think about.

SuperPacker
03-02-2012, 11:29 AM
I wish the Rams got the 1st overall pick!

boknows34
03-03-2012, 01:18 AM
Amateur footage of Manning practicing yesterday at Duke University.

GOVAiFAmLc4

49erNation85
03-03-2012, 01:21 AM
You can't even tell if that is really Manning or not. Poor footage IMO.Arm looks great tho.

dan77733
03-03-2012, 02:59 AM
Still say the Cardinals will sign Manning and release Kolb.

TonyGfortheTD
03-03-2012, 03:44 AM
Still say the Cardinals will sign Manning and release Kolb.

Yes because the ownership there definitely isn't cheap.

TheBoyWonder22
03-03-2012, 04:05 AM
If the Saints can't afford to sign Brees, do they attempt to sign Manning? If this were to happen, where would Brees go?

boknows34
03-03-2012, 08:17 AM
You can't even tell if that is really Manning or not. Poor footage IMO.Arm looks great tho.

Its Peyton. Confirmed by Mort on ESPN.

SuperPacker
03-03-2012, 08:19 AM
It defintely looks like Peyton with the way he moves.

SuperPacker
03-03-2012, 08:20 AM
If the Saints can't afford to sign Brees, do they attempt to sign Manning? If this were to happen, where would Brees go?

Brees would be going to Washington!

J-Mike88
03-03-2012, 09:06 AM
I'm gonna say Kansas City. I'll be sick about life but I have a feeling.
They did get Joe Montana too.
What's the contract if Cassell though? Is it an easy out?
Orton would be thrilled to be the backup.

SolidGold
03-03-2012, 09:20 AM
Manning's arm strength looks good in that video. I think he will be ready to go in 2012. The Redskins should really look into signing him to a two/three year deal, draft a QB in this draft for Kyle Shanahan to develop. I think Manning will realize that he isn't in Indy anymore so he won't have exactly the same mastery of the offense. Shanahan needs to buy more time and Manning if healthy can significantly improve the team.

J-Mike88
03-03-2012, 10:25 AM
Flynn > Miami with his coach Philbin (this was a package deal all along, we'll see)
Manning > Kansas City along with Reggie Wayne
Orton > Washington

SolidGold
03-03-2012, 10:32 AM
Flynn > Miami with his coach Philbin (this was a package deal all along, we'll see)
Orton > Washington

I wouldn't be surprised of Manning/Wayne end up in DC. The Redskins are on the record with saying they will be active in the FA WR market.

vidae
03-03-2012, 10:42 AM
The Chiefs don't need Reggie Wayne, but we do need Peyton.

SuperPacker
03-03-2012, 10:47 AM
Cheifs + Peyton = Superbowl victory

H.O.O.D
03-03-2012, 10:50 AM
Orton > Washington

Where does Wayne fit though in KC ? If they tag Bowe, they still have Baldwin and Breaston. RE : Breaston his contract status is as follows

Signed a five-year, $22.55 million contract. The deal contains $9.5 million guaranteed, including a $5 million signing bonus. Another $2 million is available through escalators. Annual $200,000 workout bonuses are available in years two through five. 2012: $2.05 million (+ $1.3 million roster bonus), 2013: $3.8 million, 2014: $3 million (+ $1 million reporting bonus), 2015: $4.1 million (+ $1 million reporting bonus), 2016: Free Agent

and

The Chiefs are scheduled to pay Steve Breaston a $1.3 million roster bonus this offseason.
The bonus will precede his $2.05M salary. Breaston finished the 2011 season with 61 catches for 785 yards and two touchdowns. His yards-per-reception average was a career low, and he showed limited playmaking ability. The Chiefs would take a cap hit to release Breaston, so the bonus will likely be paid. If Dwayne Bowe receives the franchise tag, however, Breaston's starting job may be opened to competition after top supporter Todd Haley was fired.

With Manning, that could mean Cassel might be on his way out. Do they want to eat cap hits on both ?

I think Kansas City might be one of the better situations for Peyton and right now they are my front runners for his services but I am not convinced that Wayne comes with Manning. I could see Wayne ending up in New England (if they cut Ocho) or New Orleans (if they lose Colston).

SuperPacker
03-03-2012, 10:52 AM
Yeah the Chiefs would be ideal for Manning. They have everything in place other than a quarterback. Good defense, good receivers, good running game, and a decent offensive line.

Splat
03-03-2012, 11:03 AM
The Chiefs don't need Reggie Wayne, but we do need Peyton.

This.

Steve Breaston was more than fine last year.

The stats are misleading because he didn't have a QB.

SuperPacker
03-03-2012, 11:04 AM
This.

Steve Breaston was more than fine last year.

The stats are misleading because he didn't have a QB.

And Baldwin as well. Thats three B's and three good receivers.

Splat
03-03-2012, 11:06 AM
And Baldwin as well. Thats three B's and three good receivers.

Also Tony Moeaki at TE.

J-Mike88
03-03-2012, 11:41 AM
I wouldn't be surprised of Manning/Wayne end up in DC. The Redskins are on the record with saying they will be active in the FA WR market.
That's a good call.
Manning vs Manning 2 times each year sould be more NFC East MegaHype

SuperPacker
03-03-2012, 11:43 AM
Also Tony Moeaki at TE.

Then Jamaall Charles at RB!

Brothgar
03-03-2012, 11:52 AM
GOVAiFAmLc4

Not sure if real.

Prowler
03-03-2012, 11:54 AM
its real and was on ESPN's webpage.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7640741/indianapolis-colts-peyton-manning-throws-duke-university-workout-source-says

J-Mike88
03-03-2012, 11:57 AM
its real and was on ESPN's webpage.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7640741/indianapolis-colts-peyton-manning-throws-duke-university-workout-source-says
Among those who have joined Manning in Durham, N.C., include Colts teammates Dallas Clark and Austin Collie, as well as former teammate Brandon Stokley, sources said.
Where was Garcon & Wayne?

J-Mike88
03-03-2012, 12:15 PM
Yeah the Chiefs would be ideal for Manning. They have everything in place other than a quarterback. Good defense, good receivers, good running game, and a decent offensive line.
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2012/0228/nfl_u_pmjmts_576.jpg

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/40491/why-the-chiefs-are-a-
good-fit-for-manning

The Chiefs have a strong running game and Manning would have plenty of receiving options. No. 1 receiver Dwayne Bowe is expected to be franchised, 2011 first-round pick Jonathan Baldwin is a potential game-changing deep threat and Steve Breaston is a solid possession receiver. Tight end Tony Moeaki is expected to be healthy after missing the 2011 season with a knee injury. He was terrific as a rookie in 2010.

In addition to appealing offensive weapons, the Chiefs have the makings of a strong defense. A healthy Manning would immensely help any team. But Manning could be a difference-maker in Kansas City. Matt Williamson of Scouts Inc. said adding Manning would make the Chiefs -- who finished 7-9 in 2011 despite major injury issues -- “the clear favorite to win the AFC West” in 2012.

Putting Manning in the Heartland would make many teams in the AFC nervous.

Job Reborn
03-03-2012, 12:23 PM
I'll disagree with that, especially since one of those teams has been to two of the past three AFCCGs.

Are we really arguing about whether or not the Patriots are a legitimate contender every year? Really? The stance you should have is that Manning simply won't care and would go to MIA anyway, not shying away from his rivals.

I tend to think that with what will likely be MANY, MANY other options, he'll choose to play in a division that doesn't feature the only team in football that has ever had his number. I may be wrong. Maybe he WANTS that. I think if his goal is to get as far as possible with a team, he's a smart guy, going to KC, ARZ, SEA, or TEN might make for easier roads...

Should he not go to KC because he once threw 6 INTs against the Chargers, who are a decent coach away from being a contender every year?

gpngc
03-03-2012, 01:13 PM
Should he not go to KC because he once threw 6 INTs against the Chargers, who are a decent coach away from being a contender every year?

The Patriots are much more of a headache than the freaking Chargers, let's be real.

Although I will say that the AFC East does play what should be the easiest schedule in the league next year so maybe he'll suck it up and face the Pats twice by signing with MIA or NYJ because the rest of the slate appears to be pretty tame.

But in all likelihood the NFC West is his best chance to win a division crown, get homefield, and all that stuff that he consistently did in Indy.

Peter King lists the Redskins, Dolphins, Cardinals, Seahawks and Jets as the likeliest landing spots. NOT Kansas City. Hmmmmm.

Brothgar
03-03-2012, 01:40 PM
The Patriots are much more of a headache than the freaking Chargers, let's be real.

Although I will say that the AFC East does play what should be the easiest schedule in the league next year so maybe he'll suck it up and face the Pats twice by signing with MIA or NYJ because the rest of the slate appears to be pretty tame.

But in all likelihood the NFC West is his best chance to win a division crown, get homefield, and all that stuff that he consistently did in Indy.

Peter King lists the Redskins, Dolphins, Cardinals, Seahawks and Jets as the likeliest landing spots. NOT Kansas City. Hmmmmm.

I know I said this before but why not Cleveland Peyton isn't a 20 year old who needs to dig the scene in Miami. They have two first round picks a decent defense and one of if not the best O-Line in football.

gpngc
03-03-2012, 01:43 PM
Because there are much better options.

They don't have good receivers and would likely start a rookie next to Little (so Manning would have to develop a rapport with them AND the coaches would have to teach them how to play WR in the NFL - tough order).

It's cold.

The division features three good defenses and two of the best teams in the NFL.

Every single other team in the market for a QB is more attractive than Cleveland. And for whatever reason, he's never been linked to them.

You never know, though.

Splat
03-03-2012, 02:46 PM

Peter King is a douche.

fenikz
03-03-2012, 02:50 PM
Just going by rumors didn't think KC or Seattle were options

Thought it was a 3 team race between AZ, WAS and MIA

AntoinCD
03-03-2012, 02:57 PM
Peter King is a douche.

It's true I have seen this confirmed by many other sources

vidae
03-03-2012, 03:05 PM
If Peter King says something won't happen you should put all of your money on the opposite being true.

RaiderNation
03-03-2012, 04:54 PM
Arizona and Miami are probably the 2 best places for Peyton to land, Washington possibly sneaking in as well. I voted for Arizona because they will have the cap space to make the moves for Peyton and surround him with a good offense. Fitzgerald is still a elite talent and if they could bring in Reggie Wayne was well Peyton could be back to form soon.

I still think a under the radar team will make a play at Peyton. The Jets, Seahawks, Texans and Chiefs are teams that have QB's on the roster but could be tempted to try and get Peyton in town to win now. This off season it will feel like Favre is back in the league with the Peyton watch that will happen this spring/summer.

WCH
03-03-2012, 05:50 PM
Because there are much better options.

They don't have good receivers and would likely start a rookie next to Little (so Manning would have to develop a rapport with them AND the coaches would have to teach them how to play WR in the NFL - tough order).

It's cold.

The division features three good defenses and two of the best teams in the NFL.

Every single other team in the market for a QB is more attractive than Cleveland. And for whatever reason, he's never been linked to them.

You never know, though.

This is a large part of why players historically dread being drafted by teams in the mid-west. Nobody wants to go to Cleveland, Detroit, Green Bay, or Indianapolis; unless they happen to be winning teams at the time, or they're offering significantly more money.

TonyGfortheTD
03-03-2012, 08:40 PM
What's the contract if Cassell though? Is it an easy out?

They would gain cap space by getting rid of Cassel. His contract was definitely front loaded.

J-Mike88
03-03-2012, 11:06 PM
They would gain cap space by getting rid of Cassel. His contract was definitely front loaded.
Then should they kick him to the curb and keep Orton cheap as reliable backup for when Manning's neck stiffens up?

Orton carved up Rodgers & Tebow last year. Nobody else beat both.

SolidGold
03-04-2012, 08:34 AM
Peter King is a douche.

+ rep for you sir

Rosebud
03-04-2012, 10:25 AM
Seattle...

H.O.O.D
03-04-2012, 12:47 PM

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2550/4111547480_90ae898d0f.jpg

H.O.O.D
03-04-2012, 12:53 PM
Arizona and Miami are probably the 2 best places for Peyton to land, Washington possibly sneaking in as well. I voted for Arizona because they will have the cap space to make the moves for Peyton and surround him with a good offense. Fitzgerald is still a elite talent and if they could bring in Reggie Wayne was well Peyton could be back to form soon.

I still think a under the radar team will make a play at Peyton. The Jets, Seahawks, Texans and Chiefs are teams that have QB's on the roster but could be tempted to try and get Peyton in town to win now. This off season it will feel like Favre is back in the league with the Peyton watch that will happen this spring/summer.

IIRC they have like 15 million in space. And Miami is somewhere in that same boat.

fenikz
03-04-2012, 04:20 PM
Can easily make that 40+ by cutting Levi Brown, Kevin Kolb, and Bradley Stewart

H.O.O.D
03-05-2012, 10:49 AM
Can easily make that 40+ by cutting Levi Brown, Kevin Kolb, and Bradley Stewart

Not sure those 3 players together will add up to 40.

A Perfect Score
03-05-2012, 11:02 AM

Apparently Levi Brown was scheduled to make around 20 million this season, so it's not an entirely inaccurate estimate. Fenikz knows his Cardinals sir, it would be wise to trust him on this.

vidae
03-05-2012, 11:06 AM
KC is a better situation for Peyton than Arizona! Go away fenikz! :o

H.O.O.D
03-05-2012, 11:56 AM
Apparently Levi Brown was scheduled to make around 20 million this season, so it's not an entirely inaccurate estimate. Fenikz knows his Cardinals sir, it would be wise to trust him on this.

He counts for 17. I think the number won't be too far from 40, bit I don't think it is in the 40+ range like he originally stated.

Rabscuttle
03-05-2012, 12:02 PM
Would Manning play behind that line in Arizona with their line? Retirement at 40 in a wheelchair isn't pretty even with a truck load of money.

A Perfect Score
03-05-2012, 12:43 PM
Would Manning play behind that line in Arizona with their line? Retirement at 40 in a wheelchair isn't pretty even with a truck load of money.

Wrong. You can buy a pimping wheelchair with a truckload of money.

Rabscuttle
03-05-2012, 09:15 PM
Wrong. You can buy a pimping wheelchair with a truckload of money.

Never considered that angle or paying people you hate to wipe your ass. That would have some appeal. "You want the full $50, that hoop had better whistle!"

fenikz
03-05-2012, 09:36 PM

Levi Brown $18,225,000
Kevin Kolb $10,000,000
Stewart Bradley $6,000,000

dan77733
03-05-2012, 09:45 PM
$34m. Plenty of money to sign Manningm Wayne and Garcon. Use the draft to build the OL and there ya go.

Bert Macklin
03-05-2012, 09:48 PM
Peyton+Bowe=http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lzxqjqCCfU1qdbdo6.gif

Matthew Jones
03-06-2012, 03:10 PM
Any predictions on what Peyton's contract ends up looking like?

niel89
03-06-2012, 03:19 PM
I'm still hoping that he is healthy enough to keep playing and he stays in Indy.

A Perfect Score
03-06-2012, 03:43 PM
Any predictions on what Peyton's contract ends up looking like?

My best guess? 3 years, 45 million with some guaranteed money and a whole hell of a lot of incentives. That's assuming he passes a physical.

Complex
03-06-2012, 03:55 PM
49ers. Alex Smith wants Ryan Fitzpatrick lol (yes I know he won a playoff game but still).Peyton to San Fran.

ATLDirtyBirds
03-06-2012, 05:08 PM
Officially cut.

Giantsfan1080
03-06-2012, 05:08 PM
ESPN reporting that the Colts and Peyton will split. Press conference on Wednesday.

niel89
03-06-2012, 05:15 PM
Officially an end of an era. The Manning era Colts was 141-67 in his career there. Playoffs were a given with Peyton Manning. I don't think one guy has carried a team quite like Manning, even as the talent around him got worse and worse.

Bob Sanders Dreadlock
03-06-2012, 05:18 PM
I wanna die

T-RICH49
03-06-2012, 05:38 PM
Dear Scott Pioli,

MAKE IT FREAKING HAPPEN

Bulldogs
03-06-2012, 05:41 PM
Looking forward to seeing Peyton in a new uniform. Nothing would make me happer than seeing him smash the Colts on a different team.

Brodeur
03-06-2012, 05:47 PM
G5A3Blt1Ipw

vidae
03-06-2012, 05:50 PM
It'll be nuts seeing Peyton in a different uniform. Seriously.

He would look good in KC red though!

scottyboy
03-06-2012, 05:52 PM
HE SHOULD COME BACK UP ELI

lolololol

Steady Lurkin
03-06-2012, 05:53 PM
If you're Peyton, why WOULDN'T you go to KC?

Do you really want to mash an offense together with Philbin, Shanny, Wisenhunt, or Harbaugh? Or would you go to a team with a defensive guy as the head coach who will basically give you free reign of the offense like Dungy?

gpngc
03-06-2012, 05:54 PM
It's worth noting that doctors have told ESPN's Chris Mortensen that speculation Manning isn't throwing well and may struggle return are "baloney ... He's coming back."

This corroborates what Chris Weinke (who came back from similar neck problems) has said.

Well, the race is officially on. As a Seahawks fan, I would be beyond thrilled to welcome Peyton to Seattle. He's one of the greatest athletes I've ever watched. Please, JS, please.

Here's how I cap the race:

Arizona: 20%
Miami: 18%
Seattle: 15%
New York Jets: 10%
Washington: 8%
Kansas City: 5%
San Francisco: 5%
Tennessee: 4%
Cleveland: 2%
Denver: 2%
Minnesota: 2%
Houston: 2%
Jacksonville: 1%
Baltimore: 1%
Tampa Bay: 1%
Other: 1%

Thunder&Lightning
03-06-2012, 05:54 PM
Montana did it, it would be fitting for Manning to go to KC too...

Damix
03-06-2012, 05:57 PM
Backing up Eli.

NY+Giants=NYG
03-06-2012, 05:59 PM
Backing up Eli.

LOL. They can hang out every day, and the their kids can chill. Win-win! : )

Splat
03-06-2012, 06:00 PM

Because people enjoy crushing all my hopes and dreams. :diablo:

T-RICH49
03-06-2012, 06:06 PM
sign Peyton Manning, draft Dontari Poe and this team is ready to go :)

RaiderNation
03-06-2012, 06:07 PM
I still think Arizona is the best destination for Peyton, with Miami/Washington other places that can easily make a run at him. I think Peyton will take his time though, he will make sure he is close to 100% before a decision is made.

Steady Lurkin
03-06-2012, 06:08 PM
@TribStarTJames I asked Shanahan if he would feel comfortable in giving a qb like Manning that kind of leeway. He said no, that he would want more control.

RaiderNation
03-06-2012, 06:13 PM
Forgot about Seattle also being a very possible landing spot for Manning. They didn't even talk to RGIII at the combine, so mabe they are planning to get Manning/Flynn

ATLDirtyBirds

Do you really want to mash an offense together with Philbin, Shanny, Wisenhunt, or Harbaugh? Or would you go to a team with a defensive guy as the head coach who will basically give you free reign of the offense like Dungy?

I think Wis would be willing to let Peyton do whatever.

Brown Leader
sign Peyton Manning, draft Dontari Poe and this team is ready to go :)

Better go with a RT or RG ;

A Perfect Score
03-06-2012, 06:17 PM
Backing up Eli.

What are you talking about, backing up...Peyton will go to the NYG and help institute the world's first 2 QB offense. Who needs a RB when you can just direct snap to Eli or Peyton? The defense will never know what hit them!

vidae
03-06-2012, 06:36 PM
Better go with a RT or RG ;

RT I'll give you, but Asamoah is going to be a stud and he played RG last year. He constantly graded out as one of the best offensive linemen we had last season.

wogitalia
03-06-2012, 06:43 PM
Love that Dockett has thrown Kolb and his other QBs under the bus(deservedly so) by already openly pining for Manning in AZ!

niel89
03-06-2012, 06:44 PM
I can't see the Redskins, Jets or Miami being great options mostly because of the divisions are much tougher. I think Peyton would want to avoid having to play Brady 2x a year when he could go to the NFC West where the competition is easier. Arizona and Seattle are good fits. I doubt he goes to either SF, Houston, or Baltimore but they would be instantly top contenders with him.

Brent
03-06-2012, 06:55 PM
What are you talking about, backing up...Peyton will go to the NYG and help institute the world's first 2 QB offense. Who needs a RB when you can just direct snap to Eli or Peyton? The defense will never know what hit them!
Bizzaro Wildcat.

PoopSandwich
03-06-2012, 06:59 PM
He's coming to Cleveland with Reggie Wayne and Marques Colston and the Browns will proceed to draft Trent Richardson and Mike Adams.

fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap

niel89
03-06-2012, 07:05 PM
Bizzaro Wildcat.

Mildcat. Double passing threat with none of the running.

A Perfect Score
03-06-2012, 07:09 PM
He's coming to Cleveland with Reggie Wayne and Marques Colston and the Browns will proceed to draft Trent Richardson and Mike Adams.

fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap

http://static.fjcdn.com/comments/Mother+of+god+_0e29a0446d96d138e7f1b06aa63261cf.jp g

Oh wait...you're still Cleveland. Never mind.

PoopSandwich
03-06-2012, 07:21 PM
http://static.fjcdn.com/comments/Mother+of+god+_0e29a0446d96d138e7f1b06aa63261cf.jp g

Oh wait...you're still Cleveland. Never mind.

Not sure if the broken picture was intended (at least its broken for me), but it kind of added to the rip on Cleveland because it was as if you were gonna post a picture but it was broken because nothing ever happens for us... :(

A Perfect Score
03-06-2012, 07:26 PM
Not sure if the broken picture was intended (at least its broken for me), but it kind of added to the rip on Cleveland because it was as if you were gonna post a picture but it was broken because nothing ever happens for us... :(

It is not broken for me, but I can post a video summarizing the photo if you like:

jYj7T9eEQ4U

fenikz
03-06-2012, 07:37 PM
I still think Arizona is the best destination for Peyton, with Miami/Washington other places that can easily make a run at him. I think Peyton will take his time though, he will make sure he is close to 100% before a decision is made.

Well March 17th is his deadline for AZ, as that's when Kolb's roster bonus is due

Rabscuttle
03-06-2012, 08:12 PM
Seattle could fire Carrol and make Manning player/coach.

fenikz
03-06-2012, 08:15 PM
Love that Dockett has thrown Kolb and his other QBs under the bus(deservedly so) by already openly pining for Manning in AZ!

Fitz took him to dinner 1st, and people are going to follow his lead

gpngc
03-06-2012, 08:23 PM
Team sources confirm to the New York Post that the Jets "are definitely interested" in Peyton Manning and will be in the mix to sign him.
The Jets will reportedly check out Manning's health before deciding on a commitment level. Much like the Redskins, we suspect the interest may be a trifle one-sided. NFL Network's Jason LaCanfora has consistently and adamantly stated that Manning wants no part of the Jets organization. NFL Network's Albert Breer confirms the Jets as well as the Seahawks have "done their due diligence" and discussed signing Manning.

This is going to get really good, really fast.

brat316
03-06-2012, 08:32 PM
I would hate to see him end up with the Jets.

fenikz
03-06-2012, 08:36 PM
dont think there is any chance of that happening

Jvig43
03-06-2012, 08:38 PM
The Jets dont have the cap room to sign Manning to any sort of deal he would warrant I would suspect, regardless I highly doubt he is coming to the afc east, let alone the mess that is the Jets.

Taber21
03-06-2012, 08:41 PM
Obviously Manning is a competitor but the idea of playing Brady twice a year on top of being the 2nd Manning in New York would cause such a media circus you have to believe he would refuse to sign there.

scottyboy
03-06-2012, 08:59 PM
the Jets are sick of being the little brother in new york, so they're going after big brother manning

Timbathia
03-06-2012, 09:14 PM
Does anyone honestly believe that Manning would not sign for an AFC East team because he is worried about playing Brady twice a year? It keeps coming up, and is surely the least significant factor in all of this.

gpngc
03-06-2012, 09:14 PM
League sources tell NFL.com's Jason La Canfora the Cardinals, Dolphins, Jets, Redskins and Seahawks are all expected to pursue Peyton Manning.
A highly unsurprising list, but it's worth nothing that word of Manning's expected early suitors is already out in league circles. A club official from a team likely to pursue Manning expects his courtship to began the instant his release becomes official. "I would think you might as well make that call and get your name in there," he said. "You call to express interest and then monitor the situation." As long as Manning's health checks out, we're likely at the dawn of the most frenzied free agent pursuit in NFL history.

Those were my top-5 suitors as well. I am hopeful.

gpngc
03-06-2012, 09:16 PM
Does anyone honestly believe that Manning would not sign for an AFC East team because he is worried about playing Brady twice a year? It keeps coming up, and is surely the least significant factor in all of this.

Not Brady as much as the Patriots. Why enter a division with the annual toughest team in the NFL (and only opposing coach who has ever had your #), when you could instead play in the NFC West?

fenikz
03-06-2012, 09:20 PM
I don't think he would have any problem being in the AFC East, I just don't see him going to the Jets with the terrible coaching and players in disarray

descendency
03-06-2012, 09:21 PM
The Jets dont have the cap room to sign Manning to any sort of deal he would warrant I would suspect, regardless I highly doubt he is coming to the afc east, let alone the mess that is the Jets.

Personally, I just don't see Rex Ryan and Peyton Manning co-existing on the same team.

yodabear
03-06-2012, 09:29 PM
Arizona 35%
Miami 33%
Washington 12%
Someone Else 20%

keylime_5
03-06-2012, 09:34 PM
I think Miami is the favorite. Obviously he would love to play with the team they have in place there and Miami is an attractive city, and they will probably throw as much money as they can at him since they are desperate for star power to put butts in the seats.

mightytitan9
03-06-2012, 09:41 PM
It will really just come down to who wants to give Peyton the most power and money.

Personally, I still believe that will be Kansas City

Giantsfan1080
03-06-2012, 09:44 PM
I don't think Peyton will want to deal with the NY media and the constant questions about both brothers being in the same city.

Scotty D
03-06-2012, 09:45 PM
It will really just come down to who wants to give Peyton the most power and money.

Personally, I still believe that will be Kansas City

I don't see it. Pioli won't give up on Cassel. If you throw Manning + Wayne on ARI, SEA, WASH, NY, MIA they all start to look like borderline wild card teams. I think his easiest road to the playoffs is with ARI.

VernonLawson89
03-06-2012, 10:09 PM
I wish Peyton would go to the Cards, he wouldn't last against our Defense

:)

49erNation85
03-06-2012, 10:15 PM
I wish Peyton would go to the Cards, he wouldn't last against our Defense

:)

How about Peyton just joins our team and gives up two more super bowl wins eh >?

fenikz
03-06-2012, 10:15 PM
i hope your wish is granted cus that the 9ers would be a easy sweep for us

gpngc
03-06-2012, 10:18 PM
I don't see it. Pioli won't give up on Cassel. If you throw Manning + Wayne on ARI, SEA, WASH, NY, MIA they all start to look like borderline wild card teams. I think his easiest road to the playoffs is with ARI.

Peyton Manning automatically makes whatever team he goes to a legitimate Super Bowl contender.

Look at the Colts this year without him. He makes players around him better.

gpngc
03-06-2012, 10:22 PM
According to FOX Sports' Jay Glazer, Peyton Manning will be in "no rush" to find a new team once his release becomes official.
A source from a team interested in Manning tells Glazer Manning's health has been improving at a "much more rapid rate" of late, and that he'll likely wait to make a little more progress before opening up the bidding. CBS' Mike Freeman reports Manning has "yet to make up his mind on a potential destination." For what it's worth, "a person close to Manning" tells Freeman he's "rarely seen Manning so determined to prove people wrong."

The first part was expected. He'll likely listen to all the offers and take his time choosing the best fit.

The bold is just scary.

TACKLE
03-06-2012, 10:25 PM

KC is already a borderline wild card team with more talent than all those teams you mentioned not to mention a horrible division which would make them a 4th seed in the AFC at worst. On top of that, they have more cap space than any other team in the league.

niel89
03-06-2012, 10:27 PM
I fully expect Manning to take a few weeks to take some visits and have some discussions with teams. There is no reason for him to make a quick decision on his end. Plus he needs to make sure he is healthy enough to workout properly for a new team. I doubt teams would sign him without seeing him make all the throws.

fenikz
03-06-2012, 10:30 PM
KC is already a borderline wild card team with more talent than all those teams you mentioned not to mention a horrible division which would make them a 4th seed in the AFC at worst. On top of that, they have more cap space than any other team in the league.

I really don't want to get into this discussion cus it will anger vidae but AZ > KC

Scotty D
03-06-2012, 10:35 PM
I was just using the term "borderline wild card team" because I want to see a little more of Peyton than some TMZ style cell phone video and the draft + free agency hasn't even happened.

They have more cap space but they won't use it all. I have seen no indication that Pioli is looking for an upgrade to Cassell.

TACKLE
03-06-2012, 10:35 PM
I really don't want to get into this discussion cus it will anger vidae but AZ > KC

I'm in favor of him going to either of those teams, especially over those other ****** options. RIGHT NOW, I'd take KC's surrounding talent over AZ's by just a little bit assuming their injured studs are able to come back to full health.

gpngc
03-06-2012, 10:37 PM
I'm in favor of him going to either of those teams, especially over those other ****** options. RIGHT NOW, I'd take KC's surrounding talent over AZ's by just a little bit assuming their injured studs are able to come back to full health.

Seattle went 7-9 with Tarvaris Jackson as its QB. And beat the Giants on the road and the Ravens. And most of their losses were close.

fenikz
03-06-2012, 10:40 PM

Maybe they should of played through the pain like A-Dub :)

Steady Lurkin
03-06-2012, 10:42 PM

That AZ defense was getting slept on towards the end of the year. They started out poorly, but they really picked up that defense towards the end of the year.

fenikz
03-06-2012, 10:51 PM
The Steelers denying us the opportunity to interview Keith Butler was truly a blessing is disguise. Ray Horton and the defense were simply amazing once they got the playbook down, the lack of an offseason hurt the Cardinals more than most teams due to such a massive influx of new players and coaches. It will be scary to see just how good they become with a full offseason to put in new plays and work with John Lott

Smooth Criminal
03-06-2012, 10:52 PM
I'd guess Arizona and Miami are the more likely choices. I can't decide where I want him to go, it's gonna be awkward going into a season without Manning leading the Colts.

Splat
03-06-2012, 11:00 PM
http://rotoworld.com/sports/nfl/football

According to FOX Sports' Jay Glazer, Peyton Manning will be in "no rush" to find a new team once his release becomes official.

A source from a team interested in Manning tells Glazer Manning's health has been improving at a "much more rapid rate" of late, and that he'll likely wait to make a little more progress before opening up the bidding. CBS' Mike Freeman reports Manning has "yet to make up his mind on a potential destination." For what it's worth, "a person close to Manning" tells Freeman he's "rarely seen Manning so determined to prove people wrong."

gpngc
03-06-2012, 11:14 PM
Chris Berman just speculated that Manning would not want to play in a division with his brother or Tom Brady. But right after that he cautioned that that idea was his, and that he hasn't heard that from Manning.

HEISMANHERSCHEL
03-06-2012, 11:17 PM
I am surprised no one mentioned Buffalo. Not sure of their cap status, but he might be a slight upgrade there.

gpngc
03-06-2012, 11:19 PM
I am surprised no one mentioned Buffalo. Not sure of their cap status, but he might be a slight upgrade there.

They just paid Fitzpatrick over $50 million.

And that's probably the last place he'd want to play (cold, AFC East).

There's very little chance.

HEISMANHERSCHEL
03-06-2012, 11:22 PM
I forgot Fitz just got all that money. But I bet the cold weather and that stadium rule Buffalo out by themselves.

Forget my Buffalo comment. I feel dumb now.

gpngc
03-06-2012, 11:22 PM
Rotoworld's NFL section should just be renamed PMW (Peyton Manning Watch).

I liked the last three updates though...

Although he cautions they "shouldn't be favored" in the Peyton Manning derby, SI's Peter King believes the Seahawks are ready to go "all in" on a Manning/Reggie Wayne "package deal."
Via the word of a "team official" from a Manning contender, King also hints the Dolphins could be ready to make Manning a massive offer. "If (Dolphins owner Stephen Ross) wants to offer him a (load) guaranteed, we're out," the official said. According to the New York Daily News' Manish Mehta, the Jets "share (that) sentiment." Of all the early rumored Manning contenders, the Jets appear to be the least committed to making a move.

SI.com's Jim Trotter backs up a report from colleague Peter King that the Seahawks are willing to go all in for Peyton Manning.
Seattle is ready not only to pay Manning and sign cohort Reggie Wayne, but also to "adjust the offense to what Manning is accustomed to running." The Seahawks also have an aggressive front office and a deep-pocketed owner to match offers from the Dolphins. What they don't have is a domed stadium or protection from elements in December and January.

Citing "people close to the Peyton Manning situation," the Denver Post's Mike Klis expects the bidding for Manning to come down to the Redskins and the Dolphins.
Klis also mentions the Jets and Seahawks as teams that will "make a run" at Manning leaving out the Cardinals and confirming the Broncos have no interest. Klis is a longtime, veteran NFL reporter, so his two cents are notable. Klis says he'd "put a nickel on Washington," conflicting with most national reporters' sentiment that Manning's likeliest landing spot is in Miami.

Another one said the 49ers are focused on Alex Smith and won't pursue Manning.

OK. I believe that he's going to take his time and weigh all of his options so I should probably stop checking that site because the speculation right now is baseless and rampant and just conjecture at this point. I need to relax.

Matthew Jones
03-06-2012, 11:23 PM
They just paid Fitzpatrick over $50 million.

And that's probably the last place he'd want to play (cold, AFC East).

There's very little chance.

Ooh, say that again!

VernonLawson89
03-06-2012, 11:29 PM
i hope your wish is granted cus that the 9ers would be a easy sweep for us

I LOL'D....

fenikz
03-06-2012, 11:41 PM
I loled when John Skelton beat you with the #1 seed at stake

49erNation85
03-06-2012, 11:50 PM
So do we need an official Manning watch thread ?I mean Farve had one.

SickwithIt1010
03-06-2012, 11:50 PM
I loled when John Skelton beat you with the #1 seed at stake

The niners were never gonna get the 1 seed so thats a silly claim.

fenikz
03-06-2012, 11:58 PM
would of put them 1 game back with 3 games to go, anything can happen

VernonLawson89
03-07-2012, 12:22 AM
I'm gonna lol even harder when Peyton signs elsewhere leaving you Cards fans heartbroken.

fenikz
03-07-2012, 12:24 AM
just the one

BandwagonPunditry
03-07-2012, 12:32 AM
So do we need an official Manning watch thread ?I mean Farve had one.

What do you think this thread is??

Ness
03-07-2012, 12:50 AM
Just watch Manning announce his retirement tomorrow.

would of put them 1 game back with 3 games to go, anything can happen

And I'm sure everyone would have been liking their chances with Green Bay on a roll.

GaMeTiMe
03-07-2012, 01:02 AM
Seattle or Arizona. Not buying MIA or WAS

gpngc
03-07-2012, 01:04 AM
Citing a league source, ESPN New York's Rich Cimini is hearing that the Seahawks are willing to spend handsomely on Peyton Manning.
Keep in mind Cimini is a Jets beat writer, but he's not the first reporter to float the Seahawks as a potential Manning suitor. Cimini heard from an NFL source "the Seahawks will come out, checkbook blazing, for Manning". Due to their lack of a top-ten draft pick, the Seahawks may need to find their answer at QB elsewhere. Manning would certainly solidify that spot.

Apparently the Seahawks are the buzz of the Peyton Manning sweepstakes.

Multiple beat writers from all over are saying it.

They are willing to sign both Manning and Wayne to huge deals and give Manning free reign in Darrell Bevel's offense.

TonyGfortheTD
03-07-2012, 01:05 AM

You don't want to get into the discussion because there's not much logic behind it.

bantx
03-07-2012, 01:06 AM
I still stand by my Manning to seattle guess! Wait till Fenikz and vidae hear when manning goes to neither lolzlolz

fenikz
03-07-2012, 01:13 AM
sorry bantx but Peyton doesnt want to go to the Chargers

vidae
03-07-2012, 01:14 AM
fenikz you know I love you brosef, but KC > AZ, and we all know it.

Also shut up Bantx! No one likes the Chargers!

CashmoneyDrew
03-07-2012, 01:30 AM
If Peyton Manning goes to the Chiefs, they'd get so many Vols fans to hop on that bandwagon between him and Eric Berry.

fenikz
03-07-2012, 01:40 AM
umm we have...Dan Williams

Brent
03-07-2012, 06:40 AM
Arizona has, essentially, a dome. Manning loves his indoor football.

Oh and Fitz doesn't hurt.

SolidGold
03-07-2012, 07:31 AM
Manning to AZ makes more and more sense to me. Whiz had his best success with Warner at the helm and Manning is the same type of QB.

I still think Washington could land him though.

I think Manning has handled the situation with alot of class too, I hope that he is healthy (i think he is) for the 2012 season wherever he ends up playing.

jrdrylie
03-07-2012, 07:59 AM
Schefter and Mortensen are saying Houston could be a legitimate option. Is Manning really an upgrade to Schaub at this point? They said they could trade Schaub to Washington and then sign Manning. Unless Washington is giving you their first round pick and more, that seems like a dumb move.

SolidGold
03-07-2012, 08:08 AM
Schefter and Mortensen are saying Houston could be a legitimate option. Is Manning really an upgrade to Schaub at this point? They said they could trade Schaub to Washington and then sign Manning. Unless Washington is giving you their first round pick and more, that seems like a dumb move.

I don't think it will happen but I would say yes Manning is better than Schaub. They are both coming off injuries - but if we were talking them both being at 100% I would pick Manning.

Manning would thrive in that offense - Houston as such a strong running game - something that Manning has not had since the days of Edgerrin James in Indy, a young improving defense and some offensive playmakers already in place.

killxswitch
03-07-2012, 08:14 AM
I don't think it will happen but I would say yes Manning is better than Schaub. They are both coming off injuries - but if we were talking them both being at 100% I would pick Manning.

Manning would thrive in that offense - Houston as such a strong running game - something that Manning has not had since the days of Edgerrin James in Indy, a young improving defense and some offensive playmakers already in place.

If Manning goes to Houston I will start stabbing.

J-Mike88
03-07-2012, 08:14 AM
That would be dumber than hell, WTF????
Schaub is a solid QB... jeez.
Someone got smokescreened there. I think Schefter & Mortenson are being tooled by someone. Wonder who "leaked" that bogus to the ESPN pimps there... makes no sense.

J-Mike88
03-07-2012, 08:16 AM
Arizona has, essentially, a dome. Manning loves his indoor football.

Oh and Fitz doesn't hurt.
That is who he SHOULD go to.
It worked for Warner.

Fitzgerald is better than Reggie Wayne is, plus they have good additional receivers and the Beanie..... easiest division aside from the AFC West.

Warm weather, great stadium.

He should go to Arizona.

Bulldogs
03-07-2012, 08:24 AM
I think Schaub is a little overrated on this board. Manning is a clear upgrade over him IMO. That team would be tough to stop with Manning at the helm, top 5 offense and defense.

jrdrylie
03-07-2012, 08:27 AM
I think Schaub is a little overrated on this board. Manning is a clear upgrade over him IMO. That team would be tough to stop with Manning at the helm, top 5 offense and defense.

Manning at his best is a clear upgrade over Schaub. But he is five years older and we have no idea if he is going to be able to come back and play at his normal level. If I could be assured that he will be back at his pre-injury form, then it would be an upgrade, But I just don't know how his arm is doing after the injury.

fear the elf
03-07-2012, 08:56 AM
Manning to AZ makes more and more sense to me. Whiz had his best success with Warner at the helm and Manning is the same type of QB.

I still think Washington could land him though.

I think Manning has handled the situation with alot of class too, I hope that he is healthy (i think he is) for the 2012 season wherever he ends up playing.

You mean HoF worthy? That type? I would hope Whiz would have success with QB's of that caliber.

SolidGold
03-07-2012, 09:02 AM
You mean HoF worthy? That type? I would hope Whiz would have success with QB's of that caliber.

Accurate veteran experienced pocket passer is more what I was going for - but yea they are both HOF QBs. Dually noted on the sarcasm though!

LonghornsLegend
03-07-2012, 09:21 AM
Just curious: Schedules haven't been made yet(other then what divisions face each other), so we can still have a Luck v Peyton match-up as soon as next year? Or am I wrong in thinking that? Just seems like a good monday night match-up to hype up.

LonghornsLegend
03-07-2012, 09:26 AM
That is who he SHOULD go to.
It worked for Warner.

Fitzgerald is better than Reggie Wayne is, plus they have good additional receivers and the Beanie..... easiest division aside from the AFC West.

Warm weather, great stadium.

He should go to Arizona.

That's been my choice all along. Fitz & Peyton would destroy things there. Everyone just overlooks Fitzgerald now because of how good he is and rightfully so, but people should keep in mind how bad Kevin Kolb & John Skelton are. Fitz still goes out and pulls in 80/1400/8 with that garbage QB rotation. What #2 weapon does AZ have to take attention away from him?

Peyton even on a serious decline is a massive upgrade, and if they could somehow bring in Wayne it would be ridiculous what they could do there. I just want Fitz to have a top tier QB to finish his prime.

Shane P. Hallam
03-07-2012, 09:28 AM
Don't leave off Seattle as a possibility...

georgiafan
03-07-2012, 09:39 AM
yea I thinkSeattle could sneak in and get him as a wildcard

Shane P. Hallam
03-07-2012, 09:43 AM
Yup, Yahoo Sports reporting Seattle ready to open the wallet. Could be interesting!

FlyingElvis
03-07-2012, 09:44 AM
My vote was AZ but I think it's between AZ and Seattle, honestly. Bot are great home field situations with no severe weather. Both are in the same weak division and either team becomes the immediate favorite upon his arrival. The only thing I see as a negative for this year is the pairings against the NFC North and AFC East because of the potential for outdoor, bad weather matchups depending on the home/away scheduling.

Cardinals have Fitz and a weak Oline that could be helped easily in this draft.

Seahawks have no help at WR which is the deepest FA position (Wayne!) and deep in the draft, too.

Shane P. Hallam
03-07-2012, 09:45 AM
My vote was AZ but I think it's between AZ and Seattle, honestly. Bot are great home field situations with no severe weather. Both are in the same weak division and either team becomes the immediate favorite upon his arrival. The only thing I see as a negative for this year is the pairings against the NFC North and AFC East because of the potential for outdoor, bad weather matchups depending on the home/away scheduling.

Cardinals have Fitz and a weak Oline that could be helped easily in this draft.

Seahawks have no help at WR which is the deepest FA position (Wayne!) and deep in the draft, too.

Sidney Rice not too bad of help at WR!

FlyingElvis
03-07-2012, 09:54 AM
Sidney Rice not too bad of help at WR!

Meh. Oft injured and one good year. I wouldn't be surprised to see Peyton make him look good again. I also wouldn't consider him good enough to land Peyton without adding a more proven WR like Wayne or Vincent Jackson.

georgiafan
03-07-2012, 10:30 AM
I'm sure if Peyton went to Seattle they could get Reggie Wayne or Garica to come join him. That plus Rice isnt a bad starting duo