PDA

View Full Version : Surprising cuts

broncosfan
02-12-2012, 10:58 PM
Every year in the NFL there are some surprising cuts by every team. Whether it's because the guy is old, overpaid or simply is surpassed by a younger and more promising player.

Who do you think will be the unexpected cuts this year for your team and why. But not only cuts, maybe a guy that gets traded or isn't offered a new contract.

For the Broncos I think that they cut Knowshon Moreno, who has been a total dissapointment being selected 12 overall and with his recent arrest and injury concerns, it's just a matter of time before they let him go.

nobodyinparticular
02-12-2012, 11:38 PM
I would say Stanford Routt was a surprise. It makes sense that it happened, but you normally don't cut a guy 1 year after paying him top 5 CB money over 5 years.

broncosfan
02-13-2012, 12:06 AM
I would say Stanford Routt was a surprise. It makes sense that it happened, but you normally don't cut a guy 1 year after paying him top 5 CB money over 5 years.

Yes, the last crazy (stupid) move by Al Davis. Oh I will miss that guy just destroying that Raiders team.

VikesWookie
02-13-2012, 12:13 AM
I think the Vikes should cut Hutchinson and Ced Griffen. Winfield should restructure his deal... he may be a casualty.

broncosfan
02-13-2012, 12:25 AM
can't be soon enough, he's in strong competition with tommy maddox and dan williams as the worst draft picks by denver in franchise history.

Yes I remember watching that 2009 draft and being so excited because Brian Orakpo was on the board , then they took Knowshon and the Redskins ran to the podium to snatch Orakpo.

What makes that pick hurt even more is the talent selected afterwards: Cushing, Mathews, Harvin, Maclin, Britt, Mack, Nicks... Freaking McD.

Pat Sims 90
02-13-2012, 12:34 AM
The Bengals more then likely will not have any real supriseing cuts since they are 40 million under cap.

XxXdragonXxX
02-13-2012, 12:36 AM
I don't expect Marcus Trufant to be a Seahawk next season. John Carlson and Justin Forsett probably walk as well.

Caddy
02-13-2012, 12:39 AM
Albert Haynseworth.

Please form an orderly line.

broncosfan
02-13-2012, 12:41 AM
I don't expect Marcus Trufant to be a Seahawk next season. John Carlson and Justin Forsett probably walk as well.

What happened to John Carlson? Last I checked he was a promising, young tight end with plenty of upside and numbers to back it up.

Thecollegedropout
02-13-2012, 12:45 AM
Bart Scott MIGHT get cut but its up in the air at this point for the Jets.

descendency
02-13-2012, 12:46 AM
Isn't the point of a surprising cut ... that they are a surprise?

I think the biggest name cut is probably going to be Matt Light, who's cap saving figure will be over 5 million. However, I don't know if the Patriots will trust Solder at LT, yet. If they do, they have 3 tackles (Solder, Vollmer, and Marcus Cannon), which is the amount they usually carry. Cannon is the only one that can't play LT.

Bart Scott MIGHT get cut but its up in the air at this point for the Jets.

Santonio Holmes?

Thecollegedropout
02-13-2012, 12:48 AM
Holmes is guaranteed for next year, got his money picked up....would have been way too costly to cut.

VernonLawson89
02-13-2012, 12:50 AM
Peyton Manning

XxXdragonXxX
02-13-2012, 12:52 AM
What happened to John Carlson? Last I checked he was a promising, young tight end with plenty of upside and numbers to back it up.

He had a great rookie year, after that he was used as a blocker way too much. Then he spent all of last season on IR, now he's a free agent and with the Zach Miller signing I doubt they try very hard to bring him back. Whoever picks him up will be very happy with the player they get.

broncosfan
02-13-2012, 01:01 AM
Isn't the point of a surprising cut ... that they are a surprise?

I think the biggest name cut is probably going to be Matt Light, who's cap saving figure will be over 5 million. However, I don't know if the Patriots will trust Solder at LT, yet. If they do, they have 3 tackles (Solder, Vollmer, and Marcus Cannon), which is the amount they usually carry. Cannon is the only one that can't play LT.

I'm not talking strictly about roster cuts, maybe the Patriots don't pay Wes Welker and he signs elsewhere, for example.

Bucs_Rule
02-13-2012, 01:39 AM
Yes, the last crazy (stupid) move by Al Davis. Oh I will miss that guy just destroying that Raiders team.

The irony is the first move after Davis was far worse.

Burger
02-13-2012, 01:51 AM

That move is why the Raiders might be able to get Matt Barkley.

nobodyinparticular
02-13-2012, 02:52 AM

Aaron Curry was actually the first move after Davis. But point taken.

Don Vito
02-13-2012, 03:02 AM
I think Marcus Trufant will be a big time FA steal for somebody. I would really like the Pats to look at him if they cannot find a way to bring in Terrell Thomas.

I don't think we will bring Light back and I think he may retire. Solder looks like an LT but with Vollmer being banged up and inconsistent we may look at another tackle early, especially because I think Cannon is a RG for the future with pro bowl ability. He was impressive with spot duty at RT this year, looked absurdly athletic for a man his size.

BradysKnee
02-13-2012, 06:59 AM
Yeah Light has a high cap number for a serviceable tackle aging quickly. I expect him cut.

bigbluedefense
02-13-2012, 07:26 AM
I would guess Osi might be traded. Goff probably won't come back coming off an ACL and he's a free agent, unless they bring him back for a cheap 1 year deal.

Ross might walk, he's a free agent and might get more on the market. Ditto for Mario. Thomas might walk although I see them doing a 1 year deal. Grant might walk. McKenzie won't be back. Jacobs will probably be cut.

Lots of roster turnover.

Matthew Jones
02-13-2012, 07:29 AM
Matt Light is probably the only potential Patriots cap casualty that will surprise people; he played very well this season but is due a large salary in 2012 and New England has three talented young offensive tackles in Nate Solder, Sebastian Vollmer, and Marcus Cannon.

noondog
02-13-2012, 10:45 AM
For the Lions, I'm going with Corey Williams, Kyle Vanden Bosch and Stephen Peterman as cuts. I could see them parting ways with Jahvid Best too.

tjsunstein
02-13-2012, 10:48 AM
I'm not sure I see any for the Packers.

broncosfan
02-13-2012, 10:49 AM
I would guess Osi might be traded. Goff probably won't come back coming off an ACL and he's a free agent, unless they bring him back for a cheap 1 year deal.

Ross might walk, he's a free agent and might get more on the market. Ditto for Mario. Thomas might walk although I see them doing a 1 year deal. Grant might walk. McKenzie won't be back. Jacobs will probably be cut.

Lots of roster turnover.

What can the Giants get from Umenyiora? He'll be 31 in november and will demmand a big contract

vidae
02-13-2012, 10:52 AM
I'd be surprised if Thomas Jones was still on the team next year. Anyone want Two-Yard Thomas?

noondog
02-13-2012, 11:12 AM
I'd be surprised if Thomas Jones was still on the team next year. Anyone want Two-Yard Thomas?

Honestly, I'd take him on the Lions for a season if for no other reason than to mentor Leshoure and give us some type of a back-up. Smith and Best are not the poster children for durability and Mikel is no guarantee coming back from an achilles injury.

Complex
02-13-2012, 11:13 AM
Eugene Amano

AntoinCD
02-13-2012, 11:45 AM
The Pats always make some sort of surprising cuts in the offseason. This year I'm gonna say Tom Brady. Guy sucks in the postseason and Ryan Mallett is a future hall of famer

Really for the Pats though I would say Matt Light will be up there. Other guys are more obvious like Ron Brace and Chad Ocho Cinco

Nalej
02-13-2012, 11:53 AM

I'd rather have 3 yd BJGE

AntoinCD
02-13-2012, 11:57 AM
I'd rather have 3 yd BJGE

But he never fumbles!!! So you know he's good

Nalej
02-13-2012, 11:59 AM
But he never fumbles!!! So you know he's good

Regardless of everything, that's still a pretty impressive stat line.

AntoinCD
02-13-2012, 12:02 PM
Regardless of everything, that's still a pretty impressive stat line.

Yeah I know. During the Superbowl I was convinced the commentators had cursed it by saying it so often when the Pats were up. Still his longest career run was like 34 yards or something. Nice solid RB but shouldn't be a feature back and has had probably the worst 1000 yard season of all time

bigbluedefense
02-13-2012, 12:14 PM
What can the Giants get from Umenyiora? He'll be 31 in november and will demmand a big contract

Late 2nd I would assume. Maybe a mid 2nd rounder.

Pass rushers like Osi always hold value. The guy averaged a sack a game this season.

Nalej
02-13-2012, 12:18 PM
Yeah I know. During the Superbowl I was convinced the commentators had cursed it by saying it so often when the Pats were up. Still his longest career run was like 34 yards or something. Nice solid RB but shouldn't be a feature back and has had probably the worst 1000 yard season of all time

A.Smith, with us, I think he broke 1000 yds as well. That was pretty unimpressive as well.
I can't remember specifics, nor do I care to look them up, but I bet he had less TDs and more fumbles.
So Lawfirm's is probably the 2nd least impressive lol

And I agree. He'd be a great backup, change of pace to a... dare I say Ridley/Vereen starting

AntoinCD
02-13-2012, 12:23 PM
A.Smith, with us, I think he broke 1000 yds as well. That was pretty unimpressive as well.
I can't remember specifics, nor do I care to look them up, but I bet he had less TDs and more fumbles.
So Lawfirm's is probably the 2nd least impressive lol

And I agree. He'd be a great backup, change of pace to a... dare I say Ridley/Vereen starting

I want Vereen starting from week one next year. We'll call this year a redshirt due to his hamstring injury in preseason. So much more explosion and better vision than Ridley. I'd let Ridley be the back up and Danny Woodhead a change of pace but hope Vereen can have 200+ carries next year

broncosfan
02-13-2012, 12:43 PM

I don't think we will bring Light back and I think he may retire. Solder looks like an LT but with Vollmer being banged up and inconsistent we may look at another tackle early, especially because I think Cannon is a RG for the future with pro bowl ability. He was impressive with spot duty at RT this year, looked absurdly athletic for a man his size.

Yeah Light has a high cap number for a serviceable tackle aging quickly. I expect him cut.

Matt Light is probably the only potential Patriots cap casualty that will surprise people; he played very well this season but is due a large salary in 2012 and New England has three talented young offensive tackles in Nate Solder, Sebastian Vollmer, and Marcus Cannon.

Well it looks like Matt Light being cut won't surprise anybody right?
How about Wes Welker not offered a new contract? A tag and trade of a revitalized Mark Anderson? Something like that do you think is gonna happen?
(Patriots fans in general)

AntoinCD
02-13-2012, 12:45 PM
Well it looks like Matt Light being cut won't surprise anybody right?
How about Wes Welker not offered a new contract? A tag and trade of a revitalized Mark Anderson? Something like that do you think is gonna happen?

Welker will definitely be offered a new contract IMO it just depends on whether or not he wants to stay because he will likely be offered a bigger contract elsewhere despite NE being by far his best fit.

I think Anderson will get a new deal. He had a great end to the year and is still pretty young. Hopefully they can sign him to a relatively cheap 2-3 year deal.

descendency
02-13-2012, 01:02 PM

2 Yards now? That's an improvement!

edit: Nevermind. Somehow I confused Julius Jones with Thomas Jones.

ATLDirtyBirds
02-13-2012, 02:23 PM
Ovie Mughelli, although I'd imagine we'd try and restructure first. While he's the best FB in football, I think we want to run less and he's coming off a knee injury.

bigbluedefense
02-13-2012, 02:32 PM
Ovie Mughelli, although I'd imagine we'd try and restructure first. While he's the best FB in football, I think we want to run less and he's coming off a knee injury.

I wouldn't mind taking a look at this guy. We love the iform, and we need to improve our run game next year.

And I think Hynoski is very overrated. He's good at catching, but he sucks at his primary function, which is run blocking.

ATLDirtyBirds
02-13-2012, 02:37 PM
I wouldn't mind taking a look at this guy. We love the iform, and we need to improve our run game next year.

And I think Hynoski is very overrated. He's good at catching, but he sucks at his primary function, which is run blocking.

I ultimately think he'll be back on a restructured deal, but if he's fully recovered and hits the market, you'd be getting the best FB in football. Pay the man.

bigbluedefense
02-13-2012, 02:38 PM
I ultimately think he'll be back on a restructured deal, but if he's fully recovered and hits the market, you'd be getting the best FB in football. Pay the man.

How old is he?

BeerBaron
02-13-2012, 02:45 PM
As always, keep your eye on the Raiders. It would be "surprising" (though I don't think many would be truly shocked) if they cut Carson Palmer. He was the overpriced pet of the previous regime. Maybe they try to re-up with Campbell as a stop gap while they evaluate Pryor (hint: he sucks) and then try to find a QB in the future.

I'm having trouble thinking of many others. Probably because truly "surprising" ones aren't ones we'd think of very easily.

georgiafan
02-13-2012, 02:55 PM
maybe Michael Turner for the falcons to save some money to sign some of the big name def FA's.

AntoinCD
02-13-2012, 03:00 PM
What's the chances the Steelers cut James Harrison? They need to either get very creative with their cap situation or start cutting players. Harrison is getting on in years and is good for multiple personal fouls every year. That would be a bit of a surprise

A Perfect Score
02-13-2012, 03:10 PM

But how can he be the best FB in football with Vonta Leach still in the NFL?

Leach doesn't get nearly enough playing time with the Ravens. **** Cam Cameron. I will continue this campaign until the day I die.

mightytitan9
02-13-2012, 03:11 PM
For the Titans a few players come to mind, although none are really "surprises".

TE Daniel Graham
C Eugene Amano
DT Shaun Smith
LB Will Witherspoon

BeerBaron
02-13-2012, 03:20 PM
What's the chances the Steelers cut James Harrison? They need to either get very creative with their cap situation or start cutting players. Harrison is getting on in years and is good for multiple personal fouls every year. That would be a bit of a surprise

I think the chances are low that they cut Harrison. If they continue to make restructures, he'd be an option there. But I think he's still a more productive player for the money he makes than a lot of other guys.

For example, these are guys who would be in more danger of being cut than him:

James Farrior
Larry Foote
Casey Hampton
Chris Kemoatu
Willie Colon
Hines Ward

Even Ryan Clark maybe.

ATLDirtyBirds
02-13-2012, 03:26 PM
But how can he be the best FB in football with Vonta Leach still in the NFL?

Leach doesn't get nearly enough playing time with the Ravens. **** Cam Cameron. I will continue this campaign until the day I die.

Because he's better than Leach.

Pit Bull #53
02-13-2012, 03:50 PM
This is obviously not a cut, but it looks like Tennessee and Finnegan are pretty far apart on a deal, and it's not out of the realm of possibilities that they let him walk. Especially with two very capable and much cheaper corners behind him. He's a damn good player and HUGE fan favorite, despite having a down year in 2010 (he was excellent this year). He also cut out all the excess bullcrap after the whistle that he was known for. The staff has alot of faith in McCourty, who was lights out this year, and Verner, so it's possible.

Still very early, but initial reports aren't positive.

mightytitan9
02-13-2012, 04:04 PM
This is obviously not a cut, but it looks like Tennessee and Finnegan are pretty far apart on a deal, and it's not out of the realm of possibilities that they let him walk. Especially with two very capable and much cheaper corners behind him. He's a damn good player and HUGE fan favorite, despite having a down year in 2010 (he was excellent this year). He also cut out all the excess bullcrap after the whistle that he was known for. The staff has alot of faith in McCourty, who was lights out this year, and Verner, so it's possible.

I really expect him to be franchised if he isn't resigned

Preston
02-13-2012, 04:08 PM

He'll be in St. Louis.

Go_Eagles77
02-13-2012, 04:20 PM
I have a feeling Cullen Jenkins might get cut, though I really hope not.

zachsaints52
02-13-2012, 04:57 PM
Roman Harper. Please.

Damix
02-13-2012, 05:03 PM
I have a feeling Cullen Jenkins might get cut, though I really hope not.

I remember reading somewhere that other then Nnamdi, every other FA the eagles signed last year had no guaranteed money after year 1.

Hines
02-13-2012, 10:51 PM
I think the chances are low that they cut Harrison. If they continue to make restructures, he'd be an option there. But I think he's still a more productive player for the money he makes than a lot of other guys.

For example, these are guys who would be in more danger of being cut than him:

James Farrior
Larry Foote
Casey Hampton
Chris Kemoatu
Willie Colon
Hines Ward

Even Ryan Clark maybe.

I agree with all of these except for Colon and Clark. I don't think they leave yet.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
02-13-2012, 10:55 PM
can't be soon enough, he's in strong competition with tommy maddox and dan williams as the worst draft picks by denver in franchise history.

http://sports.rightpundits.com/wp-content/photos/Maurice_Clarett.jpg

But at least he had the decency to be a 3rd rounder.

Mufasa
02-13-2012, 11:03 PM
For the Lions, I'm going with Corey Williams, Kyle Vanden Bosch and Stephen Peterman as cuts. I could see them parting ways with Jahvid Best too.
I'd like to keep Williams, but they probably want to work Fairly in more, so I could see him gone.
I'm not sure I see any for the Packers.
Donald Driver? Chad Clifton?

WMD
02-13-2012, 11:47 PM
http://sports.rightpundits.com/wp-content/photos/Maurice_Clarett.jpg

But at least he had the decency to be a 3rd rounder.
Shouldn't even have been a 3rd Rounder.

TonyGfortheTD
02-14-2012, 12:48 AM
For the Chiefs the only name that really comes to mind as a surprise cut would be Ryan Lilja. This is a really stacked FA class for interior linemen, so they could decide to part ways and upgrade if they think he's on the decline.

fenikz
02-14-2012, 01:07 AM
Todd Heap & Stewart Bradley for AZ, neither being a real surprise but if we want a little extra cap space that could provide it

NorrinRadd12
02-14-2012, 07:23 AM
I expect Aqib Talib to be released any day now.

BeerBaron
02-14-2012, 08:18 AM
I expect Aqib Talib to be released any day now.

That'd be an understandable cut at least...he probably would have been cut much sooner by any other team but I think Morris protected him.

Still, I fully expect him to get big interest on the market. He is extremely talented if he can keep his head on right. Hell, if Pacman is still in the league, Talib will definitely find a home.

NorrinRadd12
02-14-2012, 09:28 AM
That'd be an understandable cut at least...he probably would have been cut much sooner by any other team but I think Morris protected him.

Still, I fully expect him to get big interest on the market. He is extremely talented if he can keep his head on right. Hell, if Pacman is still in the league, Talib will definitely find a home.

His trial starts March 26th and he's facing 2-20 years so I assume teams will wait until thats over.

broncosfan
02-14-2012, 12:59 PM
As always, keep your eye on the Raiders. It would be "surprising" (though I don't think many would be truly shocked) if they cut Carson Palmer. He was the overpriced pet of the previous regime. Maybe they try to re-up with Campbell as a stop gap while they evaluate Pryor (hint: he sucks) and then try to find a QB in the future.

I'm having trouble thinking of many others. Probably because truly "surprising" ones aren't ones we'd think of very easily.

Do you see any relevant cut being made by the Bears?

BeerBaron
02-14-2012, 01:50 PM
Do you see any relevant cut being made by the Bears?

None that would truly "surprise" me. We do have a new GM but Lovie and most of the coaching staff are still in place, so unless they've been wanting to get rid of someone Angelo was protecting, I don't think any surprising cuts will be made.

A Perfect Score
02-14-2012, 02:54 PM
None that would truly "surprise" me. We do have a new GM but Lovie and most of the coaching staff are still in place, so unless they've been wanting to get rid of someone Angelo was protecting, I don't think any surprising cuts will be made.

They should just cut Lovie Smith. That'd do wonders for your franchise.

BeerBaron
02-14-2012, 02:56 PM
They should just cut Lovie Smith. That'd do wonders for your franchise.

I'm afraid of who we might hire otherwise. There were some serious garbage coaches getting interviews. (Chilly? Sherman?)

Lovie has kind of become the "devil that I know."

A Perfect Score
02-14-2012, 02:59 PM
I'm afraid of who we might hire otherwise. There were some serious garbage coaches getting interviews. (Chilly? Sherman?)

Lovie has kind of become the "devil that I know."

I hear Cam Cameron wants to get back into the HC business. He could stand to ruin a different elite back's career for a while.

Caddy
02-14-2012, 03:00 PM

Only problem with cutting him is that it leaves us with zero corner backs of starting quality :(

BeerBaron
02-14-2012, 03:01 PM
Only problem with cutting him is that it leaves us with zero corner backs of starting quality :(

Well that fits with your roster's overall theme of having zero anything of starting quality.

mqtirishfan
02-14-2012, 04:29 PM
Donald Driver? Chad Clifton?

I suppose the question is whether either getting cut would be all that surprising. I almost expect it in both cases, unless they restructure their deals.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
02-14-2012, 05:19 PM
exactly. otherwise, yeah, he'd win. someday, teebz will be in close competition.

I dunno. Even if Tebow never improves, he still won us a playoff game. I know we didn't win entirely because of him, but we DID probably win because Knowshon wasn't playing. So for that reason, I don't think Tebow can ever be worse than Knowshon.

BeerBaron
02-14-2012, 06:07 PM
If he keeps you from signing a real QB for long enough, he's eventually going to start costing you negative victories, going backwards.

Abaddon
02-15-2012, 02:45 AM
He had a great rookie year, after that he was used as a blocker way too much. Then he spent all of last season on IR, now he's a free agent and with the Zach Miller signing I doubt they try very hard to bring him back. Whoever picks him up will be very happy with the player they get.

Was Greg Knapp the OC his rookie year? I have a feeling they may reconnect.

Abaddon
02-15-2012, 02:48 AM

Yeah, that was pretty...well...at least Hue is gone now, too.

Abaddon
02-15-2012, 04:09 AM
Wouldn't be surprised to see McFadden in another uniform if some team was foolish enough to part with a high pick for him. But, that's not a cut.

asdf1223
02-15-2012, 05:51 AM
Was Greg Knapp the OC his rookie year? I have a feeling they may reconnect.

Nope. Mike Holmgren was. Gregg Knapp as OC wouldn't hurt though.

broncosfan
02-15-2012, 11:57 AM
If he keeps you from signing a real QB for long enough, he's eventually going to start costing you negative victories, going backwards.

Well yeah, but that's a risk I and the apparently the Broncos are willing to take. There have only been 2 QB's that've won a playoff game post-Elway, one was Plummer with the best Broncos team of the 2000's and the other was Tebow with an 8-8 team. Not even Cutler (not completely his fault, but still) could win us ONE freaking game to get in the playoffs.. not only once but twice (2006, 2008).

Also it's not like Elway LOVES the heck out of Tebow, he just said he'll be the starter coming into training camp. If he turns out a great QB then awesome, but if he starts going backwards, John will find HIS guy to play the position.

BeerBaron
02-15-2012, 12:00 PM
John is going to try and find HIS guy before this season even starts.

broncosfan
02-15-2012, 12:06 PM
John is going to try and find HIS guy before this season even starts.

But he is not gonna go crazy trying.. at least not this year.

brat316
02-15-2012, 12:30 PM
But he is not gonna go crazy trying.. at least not this year.

If they don't draft at least a backup Qb in the second round or third, you will have Brady Quinn starting.

broncosfan
02-15-2012, 01:58 PM
If they don't draft at least a backup Qb in the second round or third, you will have Brady Quinn starting.

And we'll pick Barkley number one if that happens, so I wouldn't be extremely dissapointed.

Nikolas
02-15-2012, 05:13 PM
Most surprising cut: Jaws from MNF!

tjsunstein
02-15-2012, 05:58 PM
I can't see the Packers cutting Driver. There's no way that that would be the way his career ends. Green Bay would give him the chance to retire a Packer before they cut him outright.

Mufasa
02-15-2012, 06:08 PM
I can't see the Packers cutting Driver. There's no way that that would be the way his career ends. Green Bay would give him the chance to retire a Packer before they cut him outright.

He is due $5 million next year and they have 4 receivers capable of doing his job. If it wasn't for the sentimental value, or whatever you want to call it, he'd be out no question. Unless he's willing to take a paycut down to $1 million or less I think he's gone. Thompson moved on from Favre, I don't think he'll have a problem moving on from Driver.

SuperPacker
02-15-2012, 06:12 PM
Charles Woodson would be a suprising cut but i could see it happeing. He's making 10 million in 2012 but his play last year doesnt justify the money he's getting.

He's also old and we have Sam Shields and Tramon Williams as the starting cornerbacks.

We probably will keep him but i wouldnt be suprised if he was cut (if only to then resign at a lower price)

BeerBaron
02-15-2012, 06:13 PM
If the Steelers can cut Ward, the Packers can cut Driver. No one is sacred in this league, especially aging WRs who are expensive and don't contribute to special teams.

SuperPacker
02-15-2012, 06:15 PM
If the Steelers can cut Ward, the Packers can cut Driver. No one is sacred in this league, especially aging WRs who are expensive and don't contribute to special teams.

The Packers will cut Driver.

If we could restructure his deal i would be all for keeping him but TT's probably looking at it as though Driver is the 7th best receiver on the team.

49erNation85
02-15-2012, 06:20 PM
49ers cutting Alex Smith and singing Manning boommm!!

brat316
02-15-2012, 06:23 PM
49ers cutting Alex Smith and singing Manning boommm!!

How can he be cut if he is a FA?

49erNation85
02-15-2012, 06:27 PM
HA well cut or FA it is the same thing IMO. We need a new QB !

phlysac
02-15-2012, 08:11 PM
HA well cut or FA it is the same thing IMO. We need a new QB !

Sign Tebow right?

GaMeTiMe
02-17-2012, 12:15 AM
Have to echo Cullen Jenkins for the Eagles. Played well, but will probably be replaced by a rotational FA and a high draft pick. Asante and DeSean may both be playing for different teams next year aswell, but I'm not sure if that's news to many.