PDA

View Full Version : BeerBaron's Forum Offseason Discussion Thread! 2013 Draft Ongoing!

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

zachsaints52
02-15-2012, 11:28 AM
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/709/brian-dawkins

So does this mean Dawkins is a FA?

BeerBaron
02-15-2012, 11:28 AM
Woodson doesnt have an injury past...

Oh, well then he's just getting slow naturally I guess.

BeerBaron
02-15-2012, 11:29 AM
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/709/brian-dawkins

So does this mean Dawkins is a FA?

Interesting...I guess I'll just retire him to save time.

TheBoyWonder22
02-15-2012, 11:32 AM
Nooooo, I was trying to get some compensation :(. Oh well atleast I have more money!!!

A Perfect Score
02-15-2012, 11:33 AM
Two games in, both would be injured. They'd hobble around and get the occasional garbage pick.

But teh leadershipzzzzz you say? Pfft...

You bite your tongue, Ed Reed doesn't get injured. He just gets sleepy sometimes and doesn't feel like playing.

BeerBaron
02-15-2012, 11:33 AM
Nooooo, I was trying to get some compensation :(. Oh well atleast I have more money!!!

Anyone you get will have to come in with the understanding that 2012 will be a bust year while Elway tries to scrape Tebow off the bottom of his shoe.

TheBoyWonder22
02-15-2012, 11:37 AM
Anyone you get will have to come in with the understanding that 2012 will be a bust year while Elway tries to scrape Tebow off the bottom of his shoe.Not so fast. Wheels are in motion that will make the Broncos a "dream team"

A Perfect Score
02-15-2012, 11:38 AM
Anyone you get will have to come in with the understanding that 2012 will be a bust year while Elway tries to scrape Tebow off the bottom of his shoe.

I can't be the only one who finds it hilarious how much John Elways hates Tim Tebow.

SuperPacker
02-15-2012, 11:38 AM

Obviously the Tebow Train hasn't stopped at BeerBaron's house yet.

ALL ABOARD THE TEBOW TRAIN!!

BeerBaron
02-15-2012, 11:41 AM
I can't be the only one who finds it hilarious how much John Elways hates Tim Tebow.

It reminds of the Family Guy episode here Peter grew a beard and then some endangered birds decided to nest in it. He wasn't allowed to harm them or shoo them away because they were endangered, so he just had to let them live there.

Elway would be rushed by an angry mob if he does anything to get rid of Tebow. And I can tell you right now there is about a 0.00% chance of Elway, a HoF all-time-great passing QB rebuilding that team into a full blown option offense.

The sooner Tebow fails out, the better for him it is. Then he can actually get on with rebuilding the team.

TheBoyWonder22
02-15-2012, 11:43 AM
Please, Tebow's about to become the leagues finest H-Back.

BeerBaron
02-15-2012, 11:59 AM
Teams I haven't heard from yet:

Lions
Panthers
49ers
Rams
Jets (and they even have 2 GMs...)

So we're not doing too bad. I know that like, the Panthers and Rams may just not want to franchise anyone, but both are close to the cap so they'll need to make cuts in order to sign any FAs.

BeerBaron
02-15-2012, 12:03 PM
Also the Ravens, who haven't sent me anything officially.

A Perfect Score
02-15-2012, 12:05 PM
Also the Ravens, who haven't sent me anything officially.

I'm at school writing a paper on Corporate responsibility and ethical Public Relations, so I haven't gotten a chance to speak with TACKLE about our official moves yet. We ballparked some ideas, but we haven't put anything official down. It'll be in your inbox before the evening is out though.

SuperPacker
02-15-2012, 12:08 PM
Teams I haven't heard from yet:

Lions
Panthers
49ers
Rams
Jets (and they even have 2 GMs...)

So we're not doing too bad. I know that like, the Panthers and Rams may just not want to franchise anyone, but both are close to the cap so they'll need to make cuts in order to sign any FAs.

Are any of the GM's online?

BeerBaron
02-15-2012, 12:12 PM
I'm at school writing a paper on Corporate responsibility and ethical Public Relations, so I haven't gotten a chance to speak with TACKLE about our official moves yet. We ballparked some ideas, but we haven't put anything official down. It'll be in your inbox before the evening is out though.

Easy. No such thing and impossible.Your paper is complete.

Are any of the GM's online?

Well, the 49ers are CJ and I trust him to get something in eventually. The Jets are Derza and Hurricanes, who should get something in sooner or later.

I'm not sure I've seen the GMs for the others lately. They were PMed that we started, so they should know.

A Perfect Score
02-15-2012, 12:16 PM
Easy. No such thing and impossible.Your paper is complete.

Don't I know it. Unfortunately, my professor wants us to analyze some articles and present both sides of the argument. Do the whole Grunig 4 models ********, blah blah blah. It's frustrating.

BeerBaron
02-15-2012, 12:19 PM
Don't I know it. Unfortunately, my professor wants us to analyze some articles and present both sides of the argument. Do the whole Grunig 4 models ********, blah blah blah. It's frustrating.

Ugh, I had a professor who thought PR could be done ethically too. Taught us all the proper values and stuff...

Now that I actually work for a company, I know even more that PR is there to advertise and cover your ass.

Every time something major happens, word comes down from above basically telling us what to say in order to ******** our way through it.

SuperPacker
02-15-2012, 12:20 PM
The Lions would probably franchise Avril, Rams are a bit tight on the cap but they could franchise Brandon Lloyd and the Panthers probably wont be doing much.

I remember ncst or whatever his name is saying he wont be busy at the start. It would be hard projecting cuts though. Oh well their loss i suppose.

BeerBaron
02-15-2012, 12:22 PM
The Lions would probably franchise Avril, Rams are a bit tight on the cap but they could franchise Brandon Lloyd and the Panthers probably wont be doing much.

I remember ncst or whatever his name is saying he wont be busy at the start. It would be hard projecting cuts though. Oh well their loss i suppose.

Avril maybe. If their GM (broth) doesn't send anything in, I might just let him hit the market. Justify it in that they have so much money invested elsewhere on the DL.

I don't think the Rams will franchise Lloyd. Too close to the cap and too much money for such a "meh" receiver.

Now if the 49ers didn't send anything, I'd probably franchise one of Goldson or Rogers.

Matthew Jones
02-15-2012, 12:23 PM
Quite a few tasty roster cuts...keep them coming...feed me...

http://cache.io9.com/assets/images/8/2009/11/jabbarotj.jpg

SuperPacker
02-15-2012, 12:26 PM
Avril maybe. If their GM (broth) doesn't send anything in, I might just let him hit the market. Justify it in that they have so much money invested elsewhere on the DL.

I don't think the Rams will franchise Lloyd. Too close to the cap and too much money for such a "meh" receiver.

Now if the 49ers didn't send anything, I'd probably franchise one of Goldson or Rogers.

Lloyd is a great receiver! The amount of "wow" catches he makes is crazy.

BeerBaron
02-15-2012, 12:27 PM
Lloyd is a great receiver! The amount of "wow" catches he makes is crazy.

Lloyd does two things well:

1.) Run comeback routes
2.) Average about one crazy catch per game

Not worth a $10 million franchise tag. That money would be better spend going after Bowe or Jackson.

SuperPacker
02-15-2012, 12:30 PM

1.) Run comeback routes

Not worth a $10 million franchise tag. That money would be better spend going after Bowe or Jackson.

Why would they want to go to St. Louis? They'll both receive multiple elite offers so i dont know what would push them to the Rams.

DiG
02-15-2012, 12:31 PM
Why would they want to go to St. Louis? They'll both receive multiple elite offers so i dont know what would push them to the Rams.

not for our argument/discussion...

Shane P. Hallam
02-15-2012, 12:37 PM

1.) Run comeback routes

Was much better than that two years ago.

FlyingElvis
02-15-2012, 12:39 PM
I've been really impressed with Lloyd's play the last 2 years.

With that said, I can't imagine anyone in a suit at the NFL level advocating keeping Lloyd via the franchise tag.

BeerBaron
02-15-2012, 12:50 PM
Was much better than that two years ago.

You mean in the offense where Kyle Orton was a 4000 yard passer on a team that won like 4 games?

He'll follow McD to New England on a mid level deal and that is how the Patriots will "solve" their deep threat issue, much to the delight of every other team in the AFC.

Shane P. Hallam
02-15-2012, 12:54 PM
You mean in the offense where Kyle Orton was a 4000 yard passer on a team that won like 4 games?

He'll follow McD to New England on a mid level deal and that is how the Patriots will "solve" their deep threat issue, much to the delight of every other team in the AFC.

He did say Fisher was the one coach he'd be like to play for that could get the Rams job. He'll test the open market. Watching the games, Lloyd has been legit, even in limited time for the Rams.

BeerBaron
02-15-2012, 12:55 PM
He did say Fisher was the one coach he'd be like to play for that could get the Rams job. He'll test the open market. Watching the games, Lloyd has been legit, even in limited time for the Rams.

I still wouldn't franchise tag him or pay him more than a mid-level contract.

Shane P. Hallam
02-15-2012, 12:58 PM
I still wouldn't franchise tag him or pay him more than a mid-level contract.

Oh I'm not disagreeing with that, but he has a better skillset than listed.

redbills
02-15-2012, 12:58 PM

Lions really close to cap arent they? Plus they have so mush in dine I don't see them putting the tag on him. But that's just me.

RaiderNation
02-15-2012, 01:00 PM
Wow I hope the F/A market ends up looking like this, a lot of vey solid players out there.

SuperPacker
02-15-2012, 01:08 PM
From my calculations the Packers have 19 million in cap space left. Is this correct because i'll be off when free agency begins so i need to know before you tell everyone their cap situation.

BeerBaron
02-15-2012, 01:09 PM
From my calculations the Packers have 19 million in cap space left. Is this correct because i'll be off when free agency begins so i need to know before you tell everyone their cap situation.

Yeah, you're right about there. If I do it like I did the first one in the Media Threat, you'll be in the "has some money to spend but needs to be a little careful" category. Towards the higher end of it at least.

DiG
02-15-2012, 01:12 PM
OT Jammal Brown - Redskins - Brown was a surprise cut to many as the Redskins moved further underneath the salary cap. He has proven to be ridden with constant injuries and wildly inconsistent playing both tackle positions.

S OJ Atogwe - Redskins - The Redskins signed Atogwe just last offseason but that did not make him immune from being cut. He started 8 games for the Redskins last season and would make for a decent starter on a team in need of an aging safety coming off hamstring, knee, and toe injuries who lacks speed and explosion.

Fixed for you BB

BeerBaron
02-15-2012, 01:13 PM
I was trying to be positive dammit.

SuperPacker
02-15-2012, 01:13 PM
Yeah, you're right about there. If I do it like I did the first one in the Media Threat, you'll be in the "has some money to spend but needs to be a little careful" category. Towards the higher end of it at least.

Ok cool, another question, (lol you must hate me), if i were to trade Woodson would i save only his base salary or his total cap hit including his 4 million roster bonus?

BeerBaron
02-15-2012, 01:16 PM
Ok cool, another question, (lol you must hate me), if i were to trade Woodson would i save only his base salary or his total cap hit including his 4 million roster bonus?

Well, if the bonus hasn't been paid yet, trading him would mean you wouldn't have to pay it, so I would presume you'd save the full amount.

SuperPacker
02-15-2012, 01:18 PM
Well, if the bonus hasn't been paid yet, trading him would mean you wouldn't have to pay it, so I would presume you'd save the full amount.

I'll settle for a low first rounder for him then.

DiG
02-15-2012, 01:19 PM

it actually depends on the details of the contract which we dont know. a lot of the time the trading team is responsible for the bonus. in peytons case for instance, the colts are still going to get hit with $16m in bonus even after cutting him.

SuperPacker
02-15-2012, 01:21 PM
it actually depends on the details of the contract which we dont know. a lot of the time the trading team is responsible for the bonus. in peytons case for instance, the colts are still going to get hit with $16m in bonus even after cutting him.

we could just assume half way then? i save 8 million?

SuperPacker
02-15-2012, 01:23 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/840/charles-woodson

2012: $6.5 million (+ $4 million roster bonus due in April + $1 million in per-game roster bonuses)

SuperPacker
02-15-2012, 01:34 PM
actually...

I could save 5 million from Driver (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/1748/donald-driver)

5.5 million from Clifton (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/1739/chad-clifton)

5 million form Hawk (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3629/aj-hawk)

15.5 million + 6 million (http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_football_dolphins/2012/02/nfl-salary-cap-projections-for-2012-season.html) + 5 million (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/12/remaining-2011-cap-space-by-team/) = 27 million!

Yeah check that out bitches!

EDIT: Yes i just learned how to link a word to a web page so i went a little crazy.

killxswitch
02-15-2012, 01:37 PM
Crap. BB I just sent you an important email.

Brothgar
02-15-2012, 01:37 PM
Can I get a link to the Free Agents Page?

BeerBaron
02-15-2012, 01:39 PM
Can I get a link to the Free Agents Page?

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2858024&#post2858024

killxswitch
02-15-2012, 01:40 PM
Let it be known throughout the land that BB is awesome and I'm an idiot.

scottyboy
02-15-2012, 02:07 PM
this is horse ****. I wanted Dallas Clark dammit

BeerBaron
02-15-2012, 02:15 PM

He's not dickishly slow enough to be a Giants TE.

redbills
02-15-2012, 02:25 PM
Fred Jackson ($2.2M) still on the block. As well as Dwan Edwards ($3.9M). Pm offers.

killxswitch
02-15-2012, 02:36 PM

I'll trade him to you.

killxswitch
02-15-2012, 02:42 PM
BB how much cap space do you have for the Colts right now?

Per the PFT link there is a $2.5M carryover from '11.
Cutting Manning gives the Colts a savings of $6.4M.
Cutting Freeney gives the Colts a savings of 14M.
Cutting Bullitt = $1.1M
Caldwell, Linkenbach, and Brackett = $1.2M

For a total of $25.2M in cap space.

BeerBaron
02-15-2012, 02:42 PM
Right about there, yeah.

BeerBaron
02-15-2012, 02:44 PM
http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2859104&#post2859104

I will do another recap like that of where all the teams are at once everyone has had an opportunity to use the franchise tag and after initial cuts.

Bulldogs
02-15-2012, 02:58 PM
Blah, I missed out on this. Maybe next time. Usually there is one in April.

zachsaints52
02-15-2012, 03:06 PM
I had 12 mil from cap space, roll over the 4 mil from last year, and that takes Brees franchise tag. Now that I released Smith, Harper, and Shanle I got 16 mil back.

So Smith+Harper+Shanle=Brees. Interesting.

Mark Ingram/Pierre Thomas on the block.

BeerBaron
02-15-2012, 03:16 PM
I don't think the Saints would actually trade Ingram. So...he's not on the block.

zachsaints52
02-15-2012, 03:19 PM
I don't think the Saints would actually trade Ingram. So...he's not on the block.

There was nothing in the Trade Thread about not being able to trade certain players....

But its your rules, so its whatever. I was trying to get back what was a lost draft pick.

fenikz
02-15-2012, 03:20 PM
Damn it Peyton fix your neck, reports coming out now that he had a 4th surgery

BeerBaron
02-15-2012, 03:23 PM
There was nothing in the Trade Thread about not being able to trade certain players....

But its your rules, so its whatever. I was trying to get back what was a lost draft pick.

I did mention that I reserve the right to block unrealistic moves.

Damn it Peyton fix your neck, reports coming out now that he had a 4th surgery

Yeah, well....he's a risk. High risk, but very high reward if he is able to play.

SuperPacker
02-15-2012, 03:26 PM
can you confirm my cap situation BeerBaron. I think it might be better than i thought.

**** sake! I wanted Aaron Maybin!

zachsaints52
02-15-2012, 03:31 PM
I did mention that I reserve the right to block unrealistic moves.

Yeah, well....he's a risk. High risk, but very high reward if he is able to play.

Fair enough.

Pierre Thomas is available.

TheBoyWonder22
02-15-2012, 03:34 PM
How would that move been in a sim? How would you grade a Peyton pick up?
Also, depth chart within the hour.

BeerBaron
02-15-2012, 03:36 PM
can you confirm my cap situation BeerBaron. I think it might be better than i thought.

**** sake! I wanted Aaron Maybin!

I did after you asked the first time. You're number is right where I have you.

How would that move been in a sim? How would you grade a Peyton pick up?
Also, depth chart within the hour.

It's a risk. I don't know how I'd grade it if it turns out he's still hurt. I know he's been "cleared by doctors" here, but that could mean anything really. We'll just have to see what happens.

SuperPacker
02-15-2012, 03:37 PM
I did after you asked the first time. You're number is right where I have you.

But what about this?

actually...

I could save 5 million from Driver

5.5 million from Clifton

5 million form Hawk

15.5 million + 6 million + 5 million = 27 million!

Yeah check that out bitches!

EDIT: Yes i just learned how to link a word to a web page so i went a little crazy.

EDIT: f*** me im missing the Finley franchise. Anyway still leaves me with 21 million :)

TheBoyWonder22
02-15-2012, 04:29 PM
I've finished my depth chart. Can we cut guys anytime throughout Free Agency?

SuperPacker
02-15-2012, 04:30 PM
I've finished my depth chart. Can we cut guys anytime throughout Free Agency?

yeah i think we can

redbills
02-15-2012, 04:31 PM
yeah i think we can

........This

Nalej
02-15-2012, 04:40 PM
Is Randy Moss a FA?

SuperPacker
02-15-2012, 04:41 PM
Is Randy Moss a FA?

yeah... (10)

TheBoyWonder22
02-15-2012, 04:41 PM
Is Randy Moss a FA?
He's on the list.

Nalej
02-15-2012, 04:42 PM
missed him. thanks.

diabsoule
02-15-2012, 05:04 PM
I know you're running the team how you want to but I really doubt the Saints will cut Will Smith or Harper. Smith has been a long-time Saint and is an above average DE making reasonable money and Harper just signed his deal last off-season. In all likelihood, the Saints will release Vilma and retain Smith.

Also, don't know if this has been mentioned, but IRL the Titans re-signed WR Lavelle Hawkins
http://www.titansonline.com/news/article-1/Titans-Agree-To-Terms-With-WR-Hawkins/1e67d69f-e199-4760-86ba-3bbbc932f2b9

SuperPacker
02-15-2012, 05:38 PM
How much more teams are still to complete their Franchise Tags, Tenders and Cuts?

BeerBaron
02-15-2012, 06:07 PM
I know you're running the team how you want to but I really doubt the Saints will cut Will Smith or Harper. Smith has been a long-time Saint and is an above average DE making reasonable money and Harper just signed his deal last off-season. In all likelihood, the Saints will release Vilma and retain Smith.

Also, don't know if this has been mentioned, but IRL the Titans re-signed WR Lavelle Hawkins
http://www.titansonline.com/news/article-1/Titans-Agree-To-Terms-With-WR-Hawkins/1e67d69f-e199-4760-86ba-3bbbc932f2b9

He didn't really have the money to franchise Brees without making some moves. He mentioned that they were guys he would have preferred to restructure but we're not doing that here.

How much more teams are still to complete their Franchise Tags, Tenders and Cuts?

I'm giving people until midnight eastern.

It is in the title of this thread in fact.

SuperPacker
02-15-2012, 06:17 PM
I'm giving people until midnight eastern.

It is in the title of this thread in fact.

I know about when, but who? Is anyone still to make their cuts?

BeerBaron
02-15-2012, 06:28 PM
The 49ers submitted some low end cuts, but no word on if they want to franchise anyone. I'll assume no if I don't hear anything by the deadline.

The Ravens also need to submit their moves. I expect that they may franchise Rice. Otherwise, I'm letting him hit the market and may god have mercy on their souls because the Giants WILL get him, haha.

And I'm giving the Rams and Panthers the full time to check in. I don't think they'll franchise anyone, but they'll get their fair chance.

And I have the Lions moves via email that I need to get to. I'm scrambling to catch up right now.

SuperPacker
02-15-2012, 06:47 PM
I question the Titans decision to release Hasselbeck. You dont play the risk game with quarterbacks, if you dont think Jake Locker is ready you cant put him in a position where he might have to start.

scottyboy
02-15-2012, 06:50 PM
I question the Titans decision to release Hasselbeck. You dont play the risk game with quarterbacks, if you dont think Jake Locker is ready you cant put him in a position where he might have to start.

obviously if they cut him they do feel Locker is ready and want to use the money they saved to get him some weapons/protection

SuperPacker
02-15-2012, 06:54 PM
obviously if they cut him they do feel Locker is ready and want to use the money they saved to get him some weapons/protection

why try and resign him then? as a backup yes but would he really want to be a backup when he can be a starter somewhere else?

scottyboy
02-15-2012, 06:56 PM
why try and resign him then? as a backup yes but would he really want to be a backup when he can be a starter somewhere else?

that's probably the biggest risk. I'm ok with the move. They probably wanna bring him back because he's a good mentor for Locker and knows the system from playing in it a year, but at the same time, you don't really wanna give starter money to a backup and mentor, especially when teams are so strapped for cash. Some teams are really screwed, while others have like a billion doll hairs to spend. it's interesting.

SuperPacker
02-15-2012, 06:57 PM
that's probably the biggest risk. I'm ok with the move. They probably wanna bring him back because he's a good mentor for Locker and knows the system from playing in it a year, but at the same time, you don't really wanna give starter money to a backup and mentor, especially when teams are so strapped for cash. Some teams are really screwed, while others have like a billion doll hairs to spend. it's interesting.

lol yeah it must be great being the begals GM, they had so much space they could afford to franchise Jerome Simpson.

BeerBaron
02-15-2012, 07:01 PM
lol yeah it must be great being the begals GM, they had so much space they could afford to franchise Jerome Simpson.

Franchise a guy, AND still be in the top 3 in cap space.

SuperPacker
02-15-2012, 07:02 PM
Im off to bed now, i'll have my free agent contract offers in by tomorrow.

Matthew Jones
02-15-2012, 07:05 PM
PM me if you are interested in trading for Brian Hoyer; the man deserves a starting job and I wasn't about to let him go for nothing.

Grizzlegom
02-15-2012, 07:20 PM
Jacoby Jones is still available, you know you want him!

Nalej
02-15-2012, 07:23 PM
BB, not sure if you noticed but you cut yourself off on that last (Ravens/Rice Franchise) media thread post

To offset these moves, the Ravens.....................?

BeerBaron
02-15-2012, 07:27 PM
BB, not sure if you noticed but you cut yourself off on that last (Ravens/Rice Franchise) media thread post

To offset these moves, the Ravens.....................?

Looks OK to me.

scottyboy
02-15-2012, 07:29 PM
now, just a random question but...is there anyway for a team to bypass another teams franchise tag and sign said player anyway? just curious

BeerBaron
02-15-2012, 07:30 PM
now, just a random question but...is there anyway for a team to bypass another teams franchise tag and sign said player anyway? just curious

Yeah, you totally can. However, they have the right to match it and if they don't, it costs you two first round picks.

scottyboy
02-15-2012, 07:33 PM
Yeah, you totally can. However, they have the right to match it and if they don't, it costs you two first round picks.

2 first round picks? A 1st rounder for each of those succulent thighs? Yeah, that'd be totally worth it

A Perfect Score
02-15-2012, 07:34 PM

We don't want his first rounder next year. We will accept one of the following though: Hakeem Nicks or JPP. That is all.

scottyboy
02-15-2012, 07:40 PM
is it bad that I'd consider JPP for Raymell?

but, we'll give you Ramses Barden and Will Beatty.

diabsoule
02-15-2012, 07:56 PM
I didn't want to give starter money to Hasselbeck when the team was worse with him on the field. The Titans need help at several places on the field and the release of Hasselbeck offsets the franchising of Jason Jones. I can now use the Titans cap space, of which there is plenty, to sign some players that should have an immediate impact on the team while also being in the market for a savvy veteran QB who is ready to be a mentor.

Hasselbeck still wants to be a starter although he was incapable of doing that in Tennessee. The Titans would love for him to return but at a significantly reduced rate.

OSUGiants17
02-15-2012, 08:26 PM

**** that, I say we go out and resign Lorezen, then trade him for Raymell. One pair of juicy thighs for another

A Perfect Score
02-15-2012, 08:30 PM

I dont think Hakeem Nicks and your first rounder is a bad deal. Take it!

OSUGiants17
02-15-2012, 08:33 PM
I dont think Hakeem Nicks and your first rounder is a bad deal. Take it!

YOU'LL GET LORENZEN AND LIKE IT!
http://thebiglead.fantasysportsven.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Jared-Lorenzen-will-soon-belly-bump-Rikishi.jpg

Look at him, he's so happy to be bombing it deep to Torrey Smith on every down.

BeerBaron
02-15-2012, 08:34 PM
**** that, I say we go out and resign Lorezen, then trade him for Raymell. One pair of juicy thighs for another

All things are better with the Hefty Lefty around. It turns out if you Google that, Lorenzen pops right up.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_EuBu-c7pox0/RrsiVBS6tkI/AAAAAAAAAuE/ysZmbHIENaM/s320/hefty%2Blefty.gif

He apparently plays for the "Northern Kentucky River Monsters" and is fat as ****:

http://www.nationofblue.com/content/attachments/6362d1325467521-jaredlorenzen.jpg

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/111hefty.jpg

Unbiased
02-15-2012, 08:38 PM
http://www.nationofblue.com/content/attachments/6362d1325467521-jaredlorenzen.jpg

Yeah, Lorenzen is fat but so is the guy next to him throwing the football.

OSUGiants17
02-15-2012, 08:39 PM
But in all seriousness, can we actually sign Lorenzen? This pics are bringing back great memories and Eli needs a new backup with Carr gone.

BeerBaron
02-15-2012, 08:40 PM
Yeah, Lorenzen is fat but so is the guy next to him throwing the football.

Ha.

Andy Reid immediately wants that guy because he passes the o-lineman test of being fatter than Reid is.

BeerBaron
02-15-2012, 08:41 PM
But in all seriousness, can we actually sign Lorenzen? This pics are bringing back great memories and Eli needs a new backup with Carr gone.

I guess. Though Scotty might prefer you sign Mike Teel if you're going off of the FA list for a QB.

OSUGiants17
02-15-2012, 08:44 PM
I guess. Though Scotty might prefer you sign Mike Teel if you're going off of the FA list for a QB.

Haha sweet! We're prepared to offer him his contract in giftcards to Golden Corral

CJSchneider
02-15-2012, 08:46 PM
From wikipedia

Nicknames

Due to Lorenzen's considerable girth (unusual among Quarterbacks), he has been given a collection of nicknames, which include: "Jumbo Giant", "Fat Jared", "Quarter(got)back", "QBese", "Hefty Lefty", "The Pillsbury Throwboy", "J.Load", "Round Mound of Touchdown", "Tubby Gunslinger","BBQ (Big Beautiful Quarterback)" - "Battleship Lorenzen", "Butterball", "Lord Of The Ring-Dings", and "He Ate Me". Twinkie Monster was also a name given to him at the Dow Event Center by fans of the Saginaw Sting.

Those are so funny, I'm to the point of tears I'm laughing so hard.

OSUGiants17
02-15-2012, 08:47 PM
I'm so glad I have re-started Lorenz-anity! Just waiting for it to trend on twitter

BeerBaron
02-15-2012, 08:51 PM
I'm so glad I have re-started Lorenz-anity! Just waiting for it to trend on twitter

Tim Tebow ain't got nothing on that fine lefty.

OSUGiants17
02-15-2012, 08:54 PM
Tim Tebow ain't got nothing on that fine lefty.

For real, Jared is the far superior lefty QB. And he is so much more mobile!

PROOF:
FbnpySO_kec
_KZY5PUSLSA
ynMZkDKmhE0
lMK697xi8ds

Caddy
02-15-2012, 08:55 PM
Some interesting cuts I'll definitely be taking a look at in FA.

BeerBaron
02-15-2012, 09:01 PM
Some interesting cuts I'll definitely be taking a look at in FA.

To be realistic, you need to go all in on one guy, not get him, and then sign a meh center. And that's all.

Anything else is unrealistic.

Caddy
02-15-2012, 09:04 PM
To be realistic, you need to go all in on one guy, not get him, and then sign a meh center. And that's all.

Anything else is unrealistic.

I'm going all in on Matt Hasselbeck... So, what sort of center do I get?

And the year we went all in on Alby was different from the year we got Faine!

Caddy
02-15-2012, 10:05 PM
I will have my FA stuff in by tomorrow morning BB!

BeerBaron
02-15-2012, 10:09 PM
Thursday, Feb 16 - Free Agency will open at 12:01am eastern time. Teams will have until 11:59pm eastern on Friday, Feb 17 to submit offer sheets to me via email. Cuts and trades may continue to happen in this time.

Saturday, Feb 18 - Once the window for submitting free agent offers has closed, I will take some time (hopefully no more than 24 hours) to determine where players will sign in the first round of free agency.

Please review the free agency procedures on the first page and start submitting offers via email at 12:01am.

Remember to be descriptive and go nuts. Include backup backup contingency backup plans and make good arguments for why a player would want to come to your team.

You'll have 48 hours and I'll be "leaking rumors" throughout, so check the media thread. Some of it may be real info and some of it will be **** I make up completely. Feel free to deny rumors or make your arguments public if you think it will help.

And on top of it all, have fun.

Unbiased
02-15-2012, 10:10 PM
Nevermind this point. i get it now.

BeerBaron
02-15-2012, 10:13 PM
Do you think I need to PM all of the GMs or should I just trust everyone to check in at some point in the next 48 hours?

Unbiased
02-15-2012, 10:19 PM
Do you think I need to PM all of the GMs or should I just trust everyone to check in at some point in the next 48 hours?

That's plenty of time for everyone to figure it out.

A Perfect Score
02-15-2012, 10:21 PM
Does anyone want to trade for Willis? Oh wait...

Funny thing is, after all those Forum Mocks of trying to trade him, he goes to another team and rushes for 1200 yards. We told you he had something left in the tank!

holt_bruce81
02-15-2012, 10:29 PM
Yeah I'm working on my cuts and everything now.

BeerBaron
02-15-2012, 10:33 PM
Better late than never. (I guess it's not technically late ever, just feels late.)

I'll deal with it in the morning.

scottyboy
02-15-2012, 10:42 PM
BB, have you heard from the bears gm? we agreed on a deal and I'm assuming he just never sent it to you...because that really effects our cap situation

TheBoyWonder22
02-15-2012, 11:36 PM
Just sent my first FA email in. Many more to come.

holt_bruce81
02-16-2012, 03:25 AM
How is Brandon Lloyd not a quality free agent?

Caddy
02-16-2012, 03:30 AM
Sorry in advance for my FA email. As you can tell once you've read it, I'm interested in a few players

ChiFan24
02-16-2012, 03:45 AM
BB, have you heard from the bears gm? we agreed on a deal and I'm assuming he just never sent it to you...because that really effects our cap situation

Sorry bout that, hadn't checked my PM's. Sent an email. We should be all set.

holt_bruce81
02-16-2012, 04:23 AM
So I sent a free agent list, no idea if I did it right or my cuts right for that matter.

Is there a scale somewhere saying roughly how much "quality" free agents are worth? we talking in the 6-10 million dollar range?

holt_bruce81
02-16-2012, 04:45 AM
2nd overall selection is available for trade.

SuperPacker
02-16-2012, 04:55 AM
So I sent a free agent list, no idea if I did it right or my cuts right for that matter.

Is there a scale somewhere saying roughly how much "quality" free agents are worth? we talking in the 6-10 million dollar range?

For the important positions you're maybe looking at 10 million. For the lesser positions you're looking at 7-8 million. Its just rough estimates though. We're trying not to get too much into the exact numbers of things.

SuperPacker
02-16-2012, 04:55 AM
My free agency offers will be in when i get out of bed.

ChiFan24
02-16-2012, 05:29 AM
When I wake up....later today.....I'll send in my free agent offers. I'll be making a large Dwayne Bowe offer. I want everyone to be very much aware of this.

diabsoule
02-16-2012, 07:28 AM
I'll be sending in my FA offers when I get home from work around 5:30pm CST

CJSchneider
02-16-2012, 07:41 AM
BB,
give me an example of what you'd like to see our FA target entries look like.

BeerBaron
02-16-2012, 07:43 AM
BB,
give me an example of what you'd like to see our FA target entries look like.

Here's the template from the first page:

Here is a template for what to submit when signing a free agent:

To: forummockbb@gmail.com

Username: BeerBaron
Team: Steagles

I would like to sign ONE of these defensive ends:

1.) DE Mario Williams (Elite)
- Offer: Elite Level
Reasons why he would want to come to my team:
- Play next to Pro Bowler X on the D line
- Fits our system well
- Our defensive coordinator is his former d-line coach
- No one on our team currently has his number.
- Here’s an article saying that he likes BBQ ribs and we have really good BBQ rib places (link)

2.) DE Calais Campbell (Elite)
Reasons why he would want to come to my team:
- blah blah blah

3.) DE Robert Mathis (Elite)
Reasons...
- blah blah blah

4.) DE Israel Idonije (Quality)
- Offer: Quality Level
Reasons...

5.) DE Adam Carriker (Mid)
- Offer: Mid Level
Reasons...

I would like to sign ONE of these wide receivers:

1.) blah blah
2.) blah blah
3.) blah blah

I would like to sign as many of these players as a I can, but NOT more than one of each position:
(In order of overall preference)

1.) RB X - Blah
2.) TE Z - Blah
3.) RB Y - Blah
4.) DT W - Blah
5.) OG Q - Blah

If you need more details than that, let me know.

scottyboy
02-16-2012, 07:58 AM
BB, does the Osi trade move the Giants out of the bottom tier of the cap situation? (along with the Jacobs cut)

Shane P. Hallam
02-16-2012, 08:01 AM
The Chargers will be aggressively going after safety Courtney Greene so that the Giants cannot acquire him.

scottyboy
02-16-2012, 08:02 AM
The Chargers will be aggressively going after safety Courtney Greene so that the Giants cannot acquire him.

why must you be so hurtful?

Shane P. Hallam
02-16-2012, 08:07 AM
why must you be so hurtful?

Do you think a Quality deal is too much for him?

scottyboy
02-16-2012, 08:09 AM
Do you think a Quality deal is too much for him?

well it's not going to beat my elite deal for him, so I wouldn't worry about it too much

SuperPacker
02-16-2012, 08:19 AM
I sent my offers sheet BeerBaron. Let me know if you need any clarification.

BeerBaron
02-16-2012, 08:23 AM
BB, does the Osi trade move the Giants out of the bottom tier of the cap situation? (along with the Jacobs cut)

I've added what you saved in his 2012 salary (~$4 million.) You'd still struggle to sign an elite player, but you could get a quality or a couple of mid-level guys more easily now.

CJSchneider
02-16-2012, 08:31 AM
Here's the template from the first page:

If you need more details than that, let me know.

Thanks. School being what it is right now, I may not include a huge amount of detail on my requests, but they will all be moves that logically add up.

Hines
02-16-2012, 08:37 AM
When will the first batch of signings be announced?

Unbiased
02-16-2012, 08:39 AM
When will the first batch of signings be announced?

I believe Friday night. He said 48 hours from the start.

BeerBaron
02-16-2012, 08:43 AM
Indeed, teams have all day today and tomorrow to send in offers. I'll keep posting rumors and review the emails as they come in.

Even if you've sent your list already, keep checking in because if I need clarification on something, I'll reply to your email. So keep an eye on that otherwise I may misconstrue what you meant.

I may start to announce some signing a little early Friday night if they make a lot of sense or were the overwhelming best option for that player. We'll see how it goes.

Otherwise, I'll be announcing signings all day on Saturday. Then we'll do round 2.

Matthew Jones
02-16-2012, 08:46 AM
I'll be sending in my free agent offers later today after class.

Brothgar
02-16-2012, 08:50 AM
I know this has likely been answered already but are we allowed to make additional cuts during this period?

Matthew Jones
02-16-2012, 08:50 AM
I know this has likely been answered already but are we allowed to make additional cuts during this period?

Yes, cut away!

BeerBaron
02-16-2012, 08:53 AM
Yep, cuts can continue to happen. As can trades. Just submit them via email. And please don't tuck them away at the bottom of free agent lists because I might miss them. Send them in their own email please.

scottyboy
02-16-2012, 09:03 AM
I'm going to end up sending you a few different emails during this 1st period BB. mainly going after keeping our own guys first and then trying to sort out what we can do money wise with bringing a quality or getting some mid's from other teams etc if that's ok.

also, you'll get my first email very shortly...I think you should announce the keeping of one guy...because of how much i love him

Grizzlegom
02-16-2012, 09:07 AM
Ugh, Texans are going to be freeing up money by extending current players in real life, being stuck with only about $10 million to work with isn't fun haha

BeerBaron
02-16-2012, 09:46 AM
I'll do for everyone what I just did for the Texans.

If you have a tendered RFA and would like to lock him up long term at the salary level indicated on the free agent list, submit it to me.

DiG
02-16-2012, 09:46 AM
BB your going to be quite impressed i think by my fa bid email. taking damn near forever though to finish between meetings...

BeerBaron
02-16-2012, 09:47 AM
BB your going to be quite impressed i think by my fa bid email. taking damn near forever though to finish between meetings...

We'll see. There have been some good ones submitted already. I'm going to have a hell of a time narrowing down the options for certain players.

Also, didn't want this to get missed at the bottom of the last page:

I'll do for everyone what I just did for the Texans.

If you have a tendered RFA and would like to lock him up long term at the salary level indicated on the free agent list, submit it to me.

marshallb
02-16-2012, 09:51 AM
I'll get my FA bids in tonight after work, which won't be until late as I work til 11 ET.

scottyboy
02-16-2012, 09:55 AM
i swear BB, if I don't keep one guy in particular I am going to be very, very upset with you

BeerBaron
02-16-2012, 09:56 AM
i swear BB, if I don't keep one guy in particular I am going to be very, very upset with you

I promise you Scotty, Dan Connor is all yours.

scottyboy
02-16-2012, 10:07 AM
I promise you Scotty, Dan Connor is all yours.

your words...they're like daggers.

and expect more offers from me later. I feel I've still got a little room to work with as I made mainly just small offers to you

ATLDirtyBirds
02-16-2012, 11:04 AM
Let me know if what I did is sufficient for you BB. I pretty much just went after everyone I have interest in and would realistically be a quicker signing. Obviously I can't sign them all, but a lot depends on who I get or don't get...

BeerBaron
02-16-2012, 11:06 AM
Let me know if what I did is sufficient for you BB. I pretty much just went after everyone I have interest in and would realistically be a quicker signing. Obviously I can't sign them all, but a lot depends on who I get or don't get...

I got it, but you should probably specify if you only want one guy at each position, or if you just want as many as you can sign.

I can kind of guess what you're going for, but if you want to make sure, touch it up with those details and resend it.

killxswitch
02-16-2012, 11:06 AM
How do trades effect the cap of the team that is trading the player away? Do bonuses from that year become dead cap space?

BeerBaron
02-16-2012, 11:08 AM
How do trades effect the cap of the team that is trading the player away? Do bonuses from that year become dead cap space?

They do. So far it hasn't been a big deal because Light and Osi were both within the final year or two of their deals, so the acceleration of their bonus didn't hurt their former team much.

But if a guy in year 2 of a 6 year deal is traded, 2/3 of his signing bonus will be accelerated against the trading team.

And then of course, I'm having the guy sign a new contract with his new team if it makes sense. Like, the Bears would want Osi for more than the 2 years he has left on his deal and Osi would want more money...the reason he was traded in the first place.

For Matt Light, since he's older and probably a stop gap for the Cardinals, I didn't extend him.

fenikz
02-16-2012, 11:24 AM
Are we able to extend our franchised players or only RFA?

BeerBaron
02-16-2012, 11:25 AM
Are we able to extend our franchised players or only RFA?

Hmm. At first I didn't want to touch the franchise guys, but if you want to extend them at an ELITE level deal and the player seems like he would take it, I'll do it.

I know some teams franchised Quality level guys, but you must be willing to sign them long term at an ELITE level in order lock up a franchise tagged player.

Seem reasonable?

killxswitch
02-16-2012, 11:28 AM
Hmm. At first I didn't want to touch the franchise guys, but if you want to extend them at an ELITE level deal and the player seems like he would take it, I'll do it.

I know some teams franchised Quality level guys, but you must be willing to sign them long term at an ELITE level in order lock up a franchise tagged player.

Seem reasonable?

Does doing that basically mean teams with moderate cap space have no chance at another elite-level player in free agency? I ask because there is such a massive variance in talent level at each ranking. Like Mario Williams vs. Calais Campbell for example. Williams will get a substantially bigger contract, but both are ranked "elite" here.

BeerBaron
02-16-2012, 11:33 AM
Well, teams that already have a guy franchised are already paying him an elite level for his position. (Or at least, that's how I counted it against their cap.)

So extending them long term is more just for the purposes of realism rather than saving cap space.

fenikz
02-16-2012, 11:36 AM
Umm Calais Campbell is a top 3 3-4 DE, the only players with a case of being better are Justin Smith and Haloti Ngata

And that's not even accounting for the 15 or so blocked kicks he has already

He is most definitely deserving of as much money as Mario Williams

vidae
02-16-2012, 12:08 PM
Question. In this round of FA signings, do you want only Elite? Or Elite/Quality? Or do you want ALL of our FA signings now?

BeerBaron
02-16-2012, 12:09 PM
Question. In this round of FA signings, do you want only Elite? Or Elite/Quality? Or do you want ALL of our FA signings now?

See the PM I sent you. To summarize: Send anything and everything now.

vidae
02-16-2012, 12:14 PM
See you're PM I sent you. To summarize: Send anything and everything now.

Got it! Sending it now! MAIL BOMB!

scottyboy
02-16-2012, 12:15 PM
Vidae is a pm?

SuperPacker
02-16-2012, 12:16 PM
We're you impressed with mine BB? I have to admit i thought it was brilliant!

Omar Gaither? Who's that? I dont even know who he is why have we been linked with him?

jrdrylie
02-16-2012, 12:17 PM
I found a link that talks about a way to give the Cowboys more cap space. I'm talking about the portion of the article about Doug Free and Orlando Scandrick. Let me know if this is allowed.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4689658/salary-cap-wont-be-issue-for-cowboys

vidae
02-16-2012, 12:21 PM
Vidae is a pm?

I'll be whatever you want me to be cutiepie.

BeerBaron
02-16-2012, 12:22 PM
Vidae is a pm?

Do you want to keep that certain guy would you rather me shove Connor up your ass?

We're you impressed with mine BB? I have to admit i thought it was brilliant!

Omar Gaither? Who's that? I dont even know who he is why have we been linked with him?

http://cdn.pimpmyspace.org/media/pms/c/bo/od/d8/ure-i.jpg

I found a link that talks about a way to give the Cowboys more cap space. I'm talking about the portion of the article about Doug Free and Orlando Scandrick. Let me know if this is allowed.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4689658/salary-cap-wont-be-issue-for-cowboys

The important part he's talking about:

"They have triggers in the deals of left tackle (or right tackle) Doug Free and cornerback Orlando Scandrick that would lower their base salaries to the league minimum, turn the difference into signing bonus and save them about $8.6 million."

I suppose that would be acceptable, since it wouldn't be a made up restructure by us here.It's already in their contracts. If anyone else finds similar articles stating things like that about their own players, let me know. I'll review it and let you know.

I assume you want to use that on both then?

BeerBaron
02-16-2012, 12:26 PM
I'm also trying to post at least one rumor per team (completely made up or otherwise) as a way of letting you know I got your email.

If you sent one and haven't seen any rumors about your team in the media thread, let me know and I'll make sure i got it.

SuperPacker
02-16-2012, 12:28 PM
I'm also trying to post at least one rumor per team (completely made up or otherwise) as a way of letting you know I got your email.

If you sent one and haven't seen any rumors about your team in the media thread, let me know and I'll make sure i got it.

Oh so thats why i've been linked with that guy.

jrdrylie
02-16-2012, 12:29 PM
The important part he's talking about:

"They have triggers in the deals of left tackle (or right tackle) Doug Free and cornerback Orlando Scandrick that would lower their base salaries to the league minimum, turn the difference into signing bonus and save them about $8.6 million."

I suppose that would be acceptable, since it wouldn't be a made up restructure by us here.It's already in their contracts. If anyone else finds similar articles stating things like that about their own players, let me know. I'll review it and let you know.

I assume you want to use that on both then?

Yeah, I'd want to use that on both. Guys I could potentially cut would only save me about $3.2 million. I'd much rather save $8.6 million and not cut anybody. Would this enable me to get two of the guys you listed in that email or would I still only be able to get one?

BeerBaron
02-16-2012, 12:29 PM
Yeah, I'd want to use that on both. Guys I could potentially cut would only save me about $3.2 million. I'd much rather save $8.6 million and not cut anybody. Would this enable me to get two of the guys you listed in that email or would I still only be able to get one?

It would increase your odds of being able to get more than one, I'll say.

Bulldogs
02-16-2012, 12:34 PM
I've joined ATL as co-GM of the Falcons. You're all screwed.

ATLDirtyBirds
02-16-2012, 12:41 PM
Yes, Bulldogs is my assistant/*****. Include him on trades and stuff if you want. Speaking of which, who wants to trade for Christopher Owens?

SuperPacker
02-16-2012, 12:46 PM
Has every team sent in their offers?

BeerBaron
02-16-2012, 12:46 PM

Not even close.

SuperPacker
02-16-2012, 12:47 PM
Not even close.

And Manningham still has 6 offers! He looks like he's gonna be a popular free agency pickup.

Unbiased
02-16-2012, 12:55 PM
Can I send another e-mail with more offers or should I resend my first one that includes my new offers and label it as updated or something like that?

BeerBaron
02-16-2012, 12:58 PM
Can I send another e-mail with more offers or should I resend my first one that includes my new offers and label it as updated or something like that?

Try and combine the two into a new email. It's more helpful to me if I only have to look at one big email rather than dig around for several that came in at different times from one team.

Unbiased
02-16-2012, 01:01 PM
Try and combine the two into a new email. It's more helpful to me if I only have to look at one big email rather than dig around for several that came in at different times from one team.

Okay, will do.

Shane P. Hallam
02-16-2012, 01:09 PM

I'm going to keep waiting until late Friday, might as well and keep tweaking/seeing rumors.

BeerBaron
02-16-2012, 01:11 PM
Juicy Peyton Manning update in. That is going to be a key situation to follow.

vidae
02-16-2012, 01:14 PM
The Chiefs just sent you their free agent list.

BeerBaron
02-16-2012, 01:15 PM
The Chiefs just sent you their free agent list.

I sent it back needing some clarification on something.

ChiFan24
02-16-2012, 01:16 PM
Wait hold up.....the Bears were supposed to get #64 overall in that deal. You only gave me Osi.

scottyboy
02-16-2012, 01:18 PM
Wait hold up.....the Bears were supposed to get #64 overall in that deal. You only gave me Osi.

i didn't even see that he missed that. This much is true. Not trying to screw someone over here.

also, you can't give me dan connor if i don't offer him dammit!

and you **** heads need to stay away from manningham. ALL of you

vidae
02-16-2012, 01:19 PM
I sent it back needing some clarification on something.

Any chance you can jump on IRC? I need a few things clarified as well, I guess. Maybe I misunderstood something here. :)

BeerBaron
02-16-2012, 01:24 PM
Any chance you can jump on IRC? I need a few things clarified as well, I guess. Maybe I misunderstood something here. :)

Nay, I'm at work and have a meeting in 5 minutes. I'll take a look at your email when I get back. PM me any questions and I'll answer them too.

And I'll fix the Bears trade.

vidae
02-16-2012, 01:42 PM
Nay, I'm at work and have a meeting in 5 minutes. I'll take a look at your email when I get back. PM me any questions and I'll answer them too.

And I'll fix the Bears trade.

PM sent. Let me know what's up.

scottyboy
02-16-2012, 01:43 PM
I sent another email... I feel like I'm annoying bb... Which probably isn't good since he decides free agent destinations. Whoopsies

fenikz
02-16-2012, 01:46 PM
I attached a drawing of boobies

A Perfect Score
02-16-2012, 01:53 PM
Again, I have to wait for TACKLE to get home to send ours in, but it will be in before the evening is out.

Ravens also receiving some very interesting offers for CB Ladarius Webb.

SuperPacker
02-16-2012, 01:57 PM
I sent another email... I feel like I'm annoying bb... Which probably isn't good since he decides free agent destinations. Whoopsies

I thought about not asking too many questions but i remembered he was a Bears fan so i was screwed anyway...

scottyboy
02-16-2012, 02:08 PM
I attached a drawing of boobies

This can't be legal. It's like bribery. Cardinals now forfeit beanie wells and Patrick Peterson to the giants

ChiFan24
02-16-2012, 02:08 PM
i didn't even see that he missed that. This much is true. Not trying to screw someone over here.

All good.....There was a solid 12 hour time span where BB had grounds to boot me from this thing. That's late first value for Osi lol.

Got one of my two main targets though.....working on my free agent offers now.

SuperPacker
02-16-2012, 02:10 PM
All good.....There was a solid 12 hour time span where BB had grounds to boot me from this thing. That's late first value for Osi lol.

Got one of my two main targets though.....working on my free agent offers now.

So did you restructure his contract to make it bigger or smaller?

BeerBaron
02-16-2012, 02:11 PM
I fixed that trade btw.

And pictures of hand drawn boobies are about as much of a bribe as a $5 is to a bouncer outside a nice club. He's just going to pocket it and tell you "back of the line" anyway.

ChiFan24
02-16-2012, 02:14 PM
So did you restructure his contract to make it bigger or smaller?

I didn't really do anything....BB gave him a "quality" extension. I was thinking Ray Edwards' ridiculously overpriced contract would be a decent baseline.

SuperPacker
02-16-2012, 02:14 PM
I fixed that trade btw.

And pictures of hand drawn boobies are about as much of a bribe as a $5 is to a bouncer outside a nice club. He's just going to pocket it and tell you "back of the line" anyway.

Now what TV program have i seen that on?

fenikz
02-16-2012, 02:17 PM
This can't be legal. It's like bribery. Cardinals now forfeit beanie wells and Patrick Peterson to the giants

I'll send you boobie drawings too, don't worry

holt_bruce81
02-16-2012, 02:27 PM
BB, did I do my cuts right? Any idea on roughly how much space that gave me?

BeerBaron
02-16-2012, 02:27 PM
BB, did I do my cuts right? Any idea on roughly how much space that gave me?

Haven't gotten your email yet. Double check the address. If it's right, we'll give it a little time.

SuperPacker
02-16-2012, 02:35 PM
If Scott Wells goes to the Jags over us im gonna go crazy! He'd probably accept a lower offer from us to avoid having to protect Blaine Gabbert. Think about it. No matter how good he does, Gabbert will still be feeling pressure.

vidae
02-16-2012, 02:39 PM
We gotta trust BB to do what he thinks is best. This isn't going to work if everyone is upset at who they don't re-sign or sign from FA.

scottyboy
02-16-2012, 02:45 PM
I agree... But if I don't get a certain love of mine, I will find where bb lives and plaster his room with tebow pictures

SuperPacker
02-16-2012, 02:47 PM
Take that Jacksonville!

And im not complaining, whatever happens fine with. Just saying i would be devastated if Wells chose the Jags over us.

SuperPacker
02-16-2012, 02:48 PM
I agree... But if I don't get a certain love of mine, I will find where bb lives and plaster his room with tebow pictures

You're just digging yourself into a hole. Threatening him with Tim Tebow isnt going to help your cause.

holt_bruce81
02-16-2012, 02:48 PM
Haven't gotten your email yet. Double check the address. If it's right, we'll give it a little time.

Oh damn, I sent you two emails last night, cuts and free agents did you not get either one? Were sending it to the email adress posted on the front page right?

BeerBaron
02-16-2012, 02:49 PM
Oh damn, I sent you two emails last night, cuts and free agents did you not get either one? Were sending it to the email adress posted on the front page right?

I have not seen anything from the Rams. forummockbb@gmail.com is the address.

I'll double check, but I don't think I've seen anything.

Edit: I found your free agent list. Sorry, I have that. Did not get a cuts list though.

Unbiased
02-16-2012, 02:53 PM
Take that Jacksonville!

You go girl.

SuperPacker
02-16-2012, 02:56 PM
You go girl.

I havent seen your public announcement of your love for Wells ;)

BeerBaron
02-16-2012, 02:59 PM
So I've been thinking...

Would anyone have a problem with it if I started announcing some signings a day early tomorrow? Like, not hotly contested ones...oh not those...you'll all have to wait to see on Peyton and Super Mario...

But like, if one team blew away a player with a big, big offer...or resignings that make too much damn sense.

I don't think anyone would, but I wanted to run it past everyone before I just go and do it.

jrdrylie
02-16-2012, 03:00 PM
I havent seen your public announcement of your love for Wells ;)

You should lose out on Wells just because you spell center "centre." (Although, I spell theater as "theatre" so I don't have room to talk)

Hines
That is fine with me, buddy.

redbills
So I've been thinking...

Would anyone have a problem with it if I started announcing some signings a day early tomorrow? Like, not hotly contested ones...oh not those...you'll all have to wait to see on Peyton and Super Mario...

But like, if one team blew away a player with a big, big offer...or resignings that make too much damn sense.

I don't think anyone would, but I wanted to run it past everyone before I just go and do it.

Fine by me more realistic that way.

holt_bruce81
Ok just sent my cuts again. Sorry bout that

BeerBaron
02-16-2012, 03:01 PM
Ok just sent my cuts again. Sorry bout that

Got it this time. Will post them up when I get home from work.

SuperPacker
02-16-2012, 03:02 PM
Yeah sounds good BeerBaron!

Grizzlegom
02-16-2012, 03:03 PM
Sounds good to me.

SuperPacker
02-16-2012, 03:03 PM
You should lose out on Wells just because you spell center "centre." (Although, I spell theater as "theatre" so I don't have room to talk)

Americans spell weird, what can i say?

jrdrylie
02-16-2012, 03:10 PM
Americans spell weird, what can i say?

We also pronounce aluminum weird.

To BB, I'm cool with you announcing tomorrow.

SuperPacker
02-16-2012, 03:13 PM
We also pronounce aluminum weird.

To BB, I'm cool with you announcing tomorrow.

you mean aluminium? :D

Caddy
02-16-2012, 03:21 PM

If you take Zuttah from me I will destroy you. Fortunately I have Schiano as my secret weapon to keep him!

scottyboy
02-16-2012, 03:28 PM
i think you SHOULD start announcing some of the smaller signings earlier. Helps teams know what to go after in the big market and make future plans etc.

SuperPacker
02-16-2012, 03:30 PM
Jermichael Finley is still available for trade if anyone wants an elite TE.

Caddy
02-16-2012, 03:32 PM
Jermichael Finley is still available for trade if anyone wants an elite TE.

I already have a soldier at TE

zachsaints52
02-16-2012, 03:37 PM
Just sent in my FA bids. BB, I kinda went different because I want to sign all of my guys, not one or the other.

PT23 is on the block still.

SuperPacker
02-16-2012, 03:39 PM
lol scotty... seriously?

scottyboy
02-16-2012, 03:41 PM
lol scotty... seriously?

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2011/3/27/43824de8-e367-4c4f-83d2-e47b65b75be6.jpg

Nalej
02-16-2012, 03:45 PM
Whats better than one Manning? Two Mannings!

scottyboy
02-16-2012, 03:45 PM
Whats better than one Manning? Two Mannings!

and keep carr. 3 #1 overall pick QB's on the roster. BEAT THAT

Bulldogs
02-16-2012, 03:47 PM
http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2011/3/27/43824de8-e367-4c4f-83d2-e47b65b75be6.jpg

Damn it scotty.

vidae
02-16-2012, 03:50 PM
I'm 100% fine with that BB.

BeerBaron
02-16-2012, 04:18 PM
Dammit Vidae, I leave you in charge for an hour and look at the direction the thread takes. You lose all free agents.

Caddy
02-16-2012, 04:35 PM
You can leave me in charge any time BB. I promise I won't let the power go to my head...

vidae
02-16-2012, 04:39 PM
Wait, I was left in charge? Of what? What is going on?! I SWEAR I BETTER GET HAKEEM NICKS. The Chiefs have ZERO, ZERO Rutgers players. That is UNFATHOMABLE!

zachsaints52
02-16-2012, 04:40 PM
Pretty excited about my FA options. I am hoping for a solid group.

ATLDirtyBirds
02-16-2012, 04:42 PM
Yeah, knowing some of the low key free agents signings early would definitely help.

Also, just factor this in BB.

The Falcons could have quite a bit of money at their disposal once free agency hits this March. According to CBS Sports' Knox Bardeen (via John Clayton), the Falcons will have approximately $30.6 million in cap room this offseason.

Few extra million to play with, **** yes.

Caddy
02-16-2012, 04:43 PM
The problem with telling people early signings is that mean some people didn't get a chance at all to sign them...

vidae
02-16-2012, 04:44 PM
The problem with telling people early signings is that mean some people didn't get a chance at all to sign them...

There are some that are going to be slam dunk no brainers no matter what. Those are the kinds of things that can be announced early.

zachsaints52
02-16-2012, 04:44 PM

If your not on for 36 hours (probably a day and half) then you shouldnt be a GM on this. He asked for a lot of activity.

BeerBaron
02-16-2012, 04:47 PM
A lot of people have submitted offers, and I know a few said they would be doing so tonight after they get out of work and school and such.

But by tomorrow, like, mid morning, I'm going to start announcing some of the slam dunk signings.

And I get really bored (work on Fridays is soul crushingly slow usually,) I may do some other signings.

killxswitch
02-16-2012, 04:48 PM
Is this basically football D&D with BB as the dungeon master?

Caddy
02-16-2012, 04:49 PM
There are some that are going to be slam dunk no brainers no matter what. Those are the kinds of things that can be announced early.

I think it depends. Like say for instance a low level player gets offered a mid contract. It might be slam dunk, until the last team to apply for FA's offers the same contract.

OSUGiants17
02-16-2012, 04:49 PM
Wait, I was left in charge? Of what? What is going on?! I SWEAR I BETTER GET HAKEEM NICKS. The Chiefs have ZERO, ZERO Rutgers players. That is UNFATHOMABLE!

Are you trying to say Nicks went to Rutgers?