PDA

View Full Version : BeerBaron's Forum Offseason Discussion Thread! 2013 Draft Ongoing!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

ATLDirtyBirds
02-18-2012, 08:17 PM
its 2am and i need to be up by 10...

this is when i start getting cranky

Jesus dude. Chill.

Nobody cares.

^^^^^^^^.

SuperPacker
02-18-2012, 08:19 PM
Jesus dude. Chill.

Im calm! Well sort of.

Unbiased
02-18-2012, 08:20 PM
Im calm! Well sort of.

You have the social skills of a hornet's nest.

TheBoyWonder22
02-18-2012, 08:25 PM
Damn you're mean.

SuperPacker
02-18-2012, 08:35 PM
You have the social skills of a hornet's nest.

That is 100% true!

Bulldogs
02-18-2012, 08:41 PM
Jesus dude. Chill.

^^^^^^^^.

ATL's game remains top notch.

BeerBaron
02-18-2012, 09:25 PM
I have returned. Signings shall recommence.

I'm extending round 1 into tomorrow btw. Round 2 will begin whenever it is finished, no later than Monday morning.

Bulldogs
02-18-2012, 09:26 PM
Very excited to see this last batch of free agents.

BeerBaron
02-18-2012, 09:27 PM
Very excited to see this last batch of free agents.

I wouldn't even say we're that far. We're to like, middle batches. Few elites still to go too. I bet everyone would just love to know where Mario Williams goes.

Shane P. Hallam
02-18-2012, 09:29 PM
Mario Williams to the Argonauts, calling it.

TheBoyWonder22
02-18-2012, 09:31 PM
Mario Williams to the Argonauts, calling it.
They've already had their Williams fill.

scottyboy
02-18-2012, 09:52 PM
Don't make me hurt Zuttah!

YOU BETTER NOT!
and I'm not sure if your comment was to me and the pats deal or something else. It better not have been towards me!!!

and sorry OSU, I went rogue. I apologize...but Rutgers was dangled in front of me!

OSUGiants17
02-18-2012, 09:54 PM
YOU BETTER NOT!
and I'm not sure if your comment was to me and the pats deal or something else. It better not have been towards me!!!

and sorry OSU, I went rogue. I apologize...but Rutgers was dangled in front of me!

WE BETTER GET ANOTHER OSU PLAYER THAN! BALLARD ISN'T ENOUGH!

Matthew Jones
02-18-2012, 10:05 PM
Post-blockbuster.

Caddy
02-18-2012, 10:09 PM
YOU BETTER NOT!

Zuttah for two-firsts.

scottyboy
02-18-2012, 10:49 PM
caddy you douche, really? David Carr? that's just an annoyance more than anything.

don't make me bring back the hefty lefty

Caddy
02-18-2012, 10:54 PM
caddy you douche, really? David Carr? that's just an annoyance more than anything.

don't make me bring back the hefty lefty

I enjoy stealing from you scotty! CARRZ

BeerBaron
02-18-2012, 11:02 PM
The Bucs want Blackburn too. And Tollefson. And the Bengals are going to trade them Leonard for a 5th.

BeerBaron
02-18-2012, 11:22 PM
It has been pointed out that quantity beats quality at this point, so I'm just going to bang out signings by team and update the tracker. Free agent list will be updated later.

diabsoule
02-18-2012, 11:29 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d826d3a99/article/titans-sign-veteran-ot-mike-otto-to-multiyear-deal

Just pointing out that the Titans extended OL Mike Otto to a multi-year deal back on Feb. 10th

Caddy
02-18-2012, 11:29 PM
Lolsaints. Trade away Vilma, lose his backup in FA.

BeerBaron
02-18-2012, 11:44 PM
Lolsaints. Trade away Vilma, lose his backup in FA.

They could have offered him a Mid...didn't. Also follows the coordinator he had success with. Double wammy against the Saints.

Caddy
02-19-2012, 12:35 AM
Wooo! ily BB

BeerBaron
02-19-2012, 12:46 AM
Wooo! ily BB

Now you're probably less happy. No Mario and you're **** out of cap space.

TheBoyWonder22
02-19-2012, 12:49 AM
So Caddy snagged Cortland and LaRon from me. Other notable guys I lost out on were Grubbs/Mathis, Lofton, McClain. Those were the guys I was sure I'd get, but I was kind of confused about what Elite really meant. I should have offered more. Oh well, I got a stud DE, resigned Bunk, got a starter in Carlson and a quality guy in Eric Wright. Can't complain, at least the rest of my cap room carries over, plus we have round two and the draft.

Caddy
02-19-2012, 12:50 AM
Now you're probably less happy. No Mario and you're **** out of cap space.

Nope! I figure once I saw those three signings I wouldn't be getting him but I'm not bothered. I picked up several starters on defense and a number of depth players on D and O so I'm happy!

TheBoyWonder22
02-19-2012, 12:51 AM
Can I trade for Ryan Clark for the hell of it? Also, could you do a sort of best guys remaining list for round two when you're done? That'd be cool.

BeerBaron
02-19-2012, 12:53 AM
Can I trade for Ryan Clark for the hell of it? Also, could you do a sort of best guys remaining list for round two when you're done? That'd be cool.

When I'm done, I will attempt to make something like that.

Caddy
02-19-2012, 12:55 AM
I'll be looking to trade down from #5 when the draft starts

scottyboy
02-19-2012, 12:58 AM
Giants looking to acquire a corner. Hit me up if you're willing to deal

TheBoyWonder22
02-19-2012, 12:58 AM
I'll be looking to trade down from #5 when the draft starts
I'll give you Tebow!

vidae
02-19-2012, 01:09 AM
This has turned out to be a pretty awful offseason for the Chiefs. We signed one non-Chief FA (Nicks), lost Dwayne Bowe, and didn't sign another FA we tried to snag, all while having the third most cap room at the start of all of this.

Ugh.

Chiefs willing to trade back in the draft too, if anyone is interested.

diabsoule
02-19-2012, 01:18 AM
Titans missed on a few of their primary targets but were able to get Lofton and Will Smith which are big upgrades for the defense.

BeerBaron
02-19-2012, 01:21 AM
I still have a few tweaks and double checks to do, but the first round of free agency is nearly complete.

If anyone offered a deal of the player's level or higher, and that player didn't sign with anyone this round, let me know. He may have just got lost in the shuffle somewhere.

BeerBaron
02-19-2012, 01:24 AM
There are some teams with offers to free agents who don't currently have the cap space for them.

(The Bears for instance have Quality on a few guys but lack the cap space for anything more than another Low.)

Hines
02-19-2012, 01:26 AM
There are some teams with offers to free agents who don't currently have the cap space for them.

(The Bears for instance have Quality on a few guys but lack the cap space for anything more than another Low.)

Am I one of those teams?

Caddy
02-19-2012, 01:32 AM
This has turned out to be a pretty awful offseason for the Chiefs. We signed one non-Chief FA (Nicks), lost Dwayne Bowe, and didn't sign another FA we tried to snag, all while having the third most cap room at the start of all of this.

Ugh.

Chiefs willing to trade back in the draft too, if anyone is interested.

I got alllll the players!

TACKLE
02-19-2012, 01:37 AM
I know I'm a little late on this but can someone please explain how Mario ended up in Denver. That one has me scratching my head. Really don't get it at all.

TheBoyWonder22
02-19-2012, 01:53 AM
I know I'm a little late on this but can someone please explain how Mario ended up in Denver. That one has me scratching my head. Really don't get it at all.
I paid him more than anyone else, plus my D is a few solid backs from being stacked.

TACKLE
02-19-2012, 01:56 AM
I paid him more than anyone else, plus my D is a few solid backs from being stacked.

where the hell will he play in 3rd down/nickel? doom to the bench? dt, a position he's never really been asked to line up at? neither make sense to me.

vidae
02-19-2012, 01:57 AM
This whole "I paid him more" defense is ridiculous too tbh.

TheBoyWonder22
02-19-2012, 01:58 AM
where the hell will he play in 3rd down/nickel? doom to the bench? dt, a position he's never really been asked to line up at? neither make sense to me.
Same DLine with Miller and DJ back.

TheBoyWonder22
02-19-2012, 01:59 AM
This wasn't even my plan. I was gonna go for Will Smith and other guys, I just didn't get Finnegan so this is how it worked out.

TACKLE
02-19-2012, 02:02 AM
Same DLine with Miller and DJ back.

so you're not going to let the most explosive pass rusher in the nfl come off the edge? the guy your team took #2 overall because he is a dominant pass rusher? you're just going to use him as a regular ol' 43 sam backer? why they hell would a team do that?

TheBoyWonder22
02-19-2012, 02:03 AM
so you're not going to let the most explosive pass rusher in the nfl come off the edge? the guy your team took #2 overall because he is a dominant pass rusher? you're just going to use him as a regular ol' 43 sam backer? why they hell would a team do that?
See above post. Plus he can still rush from his spot in the nickel.

TACKLE
02-19-2012, 02:11 AM
See above post. Plus he can still rush from his spot in the nickel.

back to my question i asked before...considering nickel is a base defense in the nfl now, does von move to his normal spot of stand up de, does doom come off the field, does mario go to dt?

i'm not saying you couldn't use him, just don't see what why you would look at your roster and say, 'mario williams is the missing piece i need that i will break the bank for'. it's not your fault tho, you didn't assign him to your team.

TheBoyWonder22
02-19-2012, 02:16 AM
back to my question i asked before...considering nickel is a base defense in the nfl now, does von move to his normal spot of stand up de, does doom come off the field, does mario go to dt?

i'm not saying you couldn't use him, just don't see what why you would look at your roster and say, 'mario williams is the missing piece i need that i will break the bank for'. it's not your fault tho, you didn't assign him to your team.
I mean don't get me wrong I love him, I just didn't do a specific order because I didn't want to waste any time. My mindset wasn't I want this guy more than this guy, it was more, hey I want everyone of these guys and I can work with it if I don't get a couple. So yeah, Williams goes to DT and the rest stays as is. I think my new strategy will be made clearer as we move along.

Matthew Jones
02-19-2012, 08:32 AM
When are the Lions going to place Bob Sanders on injured reserve?

Bulldogs
02-19-2012, 09:44 AM
Atlanta is disappoint.

jrdrylie
02-19-2012, 10:04 AM
Dallas didn't get diddly dick.

SuperPacker
02-19-2012, 10:06 AM
Dallas didn't get diddly dick.

who did you go for and how much cap space did you have?

SuperPacker
02-19-2012, 10:23 AM
A cap situation recap would be nice. I think i have enough left for a Quality deal but im not sure.

CJSchneider
02-19-2012, 10:26 AM
Any intention to update the google doc today?

Matthew Jones
02-19-2012, 10:40 AM
Brian Hoyer, Ron Brace, and Jermaine Cunningham can all be had for the right offer, and all reasonable offers will be considered. PM me if you're interested.

DeepThreat
02-19-2012, 11:22 AM
Hey BB, is there any reason my team hasn't signed any of the low guys I offered?

BeerBaron
02-19-2012, 11:22 AM
Hey BB, is there any reason my team hasn't signed any of the low guys I offered?

Oh I see who you're talking about. No, you've got them.

zachsaints52
02-19-2012, 11:35 AM
I had 21 mil to give to Mario.... I dont understand???

Anyways, Martez was the future MLB for the Saints anyways. I just didnt expect anyone to actually try for Jo-Lonn.

So now I still have 16+ mil in FA space, so I can nab a few guys who didnt get deals.

Also, one other guy I dont understand is Steve Hutchinson to Titans. Wouldn't he want to try for another ring? He already has all the money he needs....

BeerBaron
02-19-2012, 11:43 AM
The Titans weren't far from the playoffs and large quantities of money will speak to most players.

You guys are just going to have to be creative in Round 2.

Also, I don't think you ever had $20 some million in cap space. Maybe before franchising Drew Brees you did, but deduct the franchise money for a QB and you didn't have as great of cap space as I think you thought.

zachsaints52
02-19-2012, 11:46 AM
The Titans weren't far from the playoffs and large quantities of money will speak to most players.

You guys are just going to have to be creative in Round 2.

Also, I don't think you ever had $20 some million in cap space. Maybe before franchising Drew Brees you did, but deduct the franchise money for a QB and you didn't have as great of cap space as I think you thought.

I had 16 mil before Drew (12 mil plus 4 mil rolled over) Then my releases put me back to 16 after Drew Franchised, add in the Vilma 5 mil makes it 21.

And Hasselbeck wont be playing out of his mind again, because Locker should be starting. And losing their two main guys in the DB doesnt help.

bored of education
02-19-2012, 11:48 AM
Some decisions that were made have no basis, but that is how it works on SWDC.

redbills
02-19-2012, 11:50 AM
******* pats*, Langford was mine.

SuperPacker
02-19-2012, 11:52 AM
Some decisions that were made have no basis, but that is how it works on SWDC.

still going on about Dwayne Bowe ;)

bored of education
02-19-2012, 11:55 AM
still going on about Dwayne Bowe ;)

not at all, I am talking about some other moves made.

SuperPacker
02-19-2012, 11:58 AM
not at all, I am talking about some other moves made.

Mario Williams is an odd one. He said he wants to go somewhere to win, the Saints would of made more sense.

zachsaints52
02-19-2012, 12:00 PM
Mario Williams is an odd one. He said he wants to go somewhere to win, the Saints would of made more sense.

I just guess BB didn't figure I had the cap... But its all good, theres still some guys out there Im hoping to get!

I just hope I dont offer to someone thats already been picked up haha.

BeerBaron
02-19-2012, 12:04 PM
So people are super pissy about couple of moves out of the dozens I made. I knew I wasn't going to please everyone.

And this is still being run more effectively that anything of it's kind here ever has before. So deal with it.

vidae
02-19-2012, 12:07 PM
So people are super pissy about couple of moves out of the dozens I made. I knew I wasn't going to please everyone.

And this is still being run more effectively that anything of it's kind here ever has before. So deal with it.

This kind of attitude always makes me laugh. Keep on keepin on.

SuperPacker
02-19-2012, 12:07 PM

Im not moaning BB. I got Scott Wells and Jared Gaither! BOOM!

zachsaints52
02-19-2012, 12:08 PM

I think at the beginning people knew it wasnt gonna be every FA to their team. I for one just thought differently about Hutch. I really dont mind it, as long as I got Stallworth and Karney <3

But do you see my cap situation, or am I completely off? I should be (after the 4 low signings (at roughly 1-1.5 mil) about 16 mil again..

zachsaints52
02-19-2012, 12:16 PM
Just noticed someone gave Tracy Porter elite money. :)

Brothgar
I'm rather happy with my signings!

vidae

Someone gave Terrell Thomas elite money too. It was wonky.

BeerBaron
02-19-2012, 12:18 PM
I think at the beginning people knew it wasnt gonna be every FA to their team. I for one just thought differently about Hutch. I really dont mind it, as long as I got Stallworth and Karney <3

But do you see my cap situation, or am I completely off? I should be (after the 4 low signings (at roughly 1-1.5 mil) about 16 mil again..

I have you at $15, so close enough. Not enough to have competed with such a huge deal to Mario Williams though.

And with Hutch, you offered him a Mid and the Titans offered him Quality. They simply showed him more money and the gap between the teams isn't that freakishly huge. It's not like he signed with the Colts or something for similar money as you offered.

zachsaints52
Someone gave Terrell Thomas elite money too. It was wonky.

But the Bengals just had money to throw around with. But with the Vikes, they put all of their money into a guy whose regressed since the SB and didnt even start near the end of the year.

zachsaints52
I have you at $15, so close enough. Not enough to have competed with such a huge deal to Mario Williams though.

And with Hutch, you offered him a Mid and the Titans offered him Quality. They simply showed him more money and the gap between the teams isn't that freakishly huge. It's not like he signed with the Colts or something for similar money as you offered.

15 mil after the 4 low deals is good, thanks.

DeepThreat
02-19-2012, 12:19 PM
So can we send in new offers for the second round now?

BeerBaron
02-19-2012, 12:19 PM

The Vikings upped his offer at the last minute. Otherwise he was going to join his former position coach in Oakland (Allen) at Quality money.

I feel like I stole Jason Allen though, so it's whatever. I debated for a long time putting a Quality label on Allen, decided to go with Mid and...no one else made him an offer at all.

zachsaints52
02-19-2012, 12:21 PM
I already sent in my FA list, but just noticed Amobi got taken...

Go_Eagles77
02-19-2012, 12:22 PM

This is what I was wondering as well.

BeerBaron
02-19-2012, 12:22 PM

Not yet. I'm still cleaning up some scraps from the first round (as zach just noticed.)

BeerBaron
02-19-2012, 12:28 PM
I'm also going to ask everyone to include guys from their previous list who didn't sign anyone (like ones you offered lower deals to) if you still want them.

That way I don't have to keep track of two lists. For you, it's like 30 extra seconds of typing. For me, it's 30x32 which is just going to lead to confusion.

SuperPacker
02-19-2012, 12:29 PM
I'm also going to ask everyone to include guys from their previous list who didn't sign anyone (like ones you offered lower deals to) if you still want them.

That way I don't have to keep track of two lists. For you, it's like 30 extra seconds of typing. For me, it's 30x32 which is just going to lead to confusion.

all good, i'll get mine ready when the free agent list has been updated. has it yet?

zachsaints52
02-19-2012, 12:30 PM
If you just go through the FA signings that went to "quantity", youd be able to see whose still available.

I sent a list after going through it twice.

Brothgar
02-19-2012, 12:33 PM
So we are sending them now?

BeerBaron
02-19-2012, 12:33 PM
all good, i'll get mine ready when the free agent list has been updated. has it yet?

That's going to take me forever and a day...

I'm thinking if someone else wants to take a stab at updating, I'll trust them to do so. I should be able to set it up so that someone else has access to edit it.

Just go through, bold the player, put his new team, and leave a comment saying what he signed for.

It would speed everything up if I don't have to do it. Let me know if you're interested.

SuperPacker
02-19-2012, 12:34 PM

not yet, still some round 1 guys being announced i think.

SuperPacker
02-19-2012, 12:34 PM
That's going to take me forever and a day...

I'm thinking if someone else wants to take a stab at updating, I'll trust them to do so. I should be able to set it up so that someone else has access to edit it.

Just go through, bold the player, put his new team, and leave a comment saying what he signed for.

It would speed everything up if I don't have to do it. Let me know if you're interested.

i'll do it. im bored as hell and have nothing to do.

BeerBaron
02-19-2012, 12:36 PM

No no, just wait for now. I'll put it in the timeline thread when i want you to send them.

I want to move all of the first round emails to a subfolder first, and that means checking to make sure I got all of the low end guys squared away.

So just hang onto them for now and send them when I say so.

zachsaints52
02-19-2012, 12:39 PM
:( my bad BB

BeerBaron
02-19-2012, 12:42 PM
:( my bad BB

I got yours and I'll try to remember to save it, but you may want to resend it when i ask for them just in case.

jrdrylie
02-19-2012, 12:45 PM
I need to rethink my strategy. I low balled a bunch of guys and didn't get them. The one guy I didn't low ball (Avril) went to Buffalo. I think it's time to return to old school Dallas: Overpay marginal players.

ATLDirtyBirds
02-19-2012, 12:47 PM
Atlanta is disappoint.

Indeed. Really surprised we didn't get McNeill.

BeerBaron
02-19-2012, 12:47 PM
I need to rethink my strategy. I low balled a bunch of guys and didn't get them. The one guy I didn't low ball (Avril) went to Buffalo. I think it's time to return to old school Dallas: Overpay marginal players.

You still have some guys on your list you have a shot at, but yeah, the low ball approach in the first round didn't go so well for the teams that tried it.

If it's any consolation, you have the 10th most cap space according to my numbers, so you can go crazy on some Mid level or even a Quality guy or two in Round 2.

There are some names out there who would improve a team.

BeerBaron
02-19-2012, 12:50 PM
Indeed. Really surprised we didn't get McNeill.

If you would have offered him a Quallity level deal, he would have been yours. No one offered him Quality though.

You still got a pretty reasonable haul of guys who will contribute. And I just found another I think I missed.

A Perfect Score
02-19-2012, 12:56 PM
Meachem chooses to be a #2 in Zona over a #1 in Baltimore? Blasphemy.

BeerBaron
02-19-2012, 12:58 PM
Meachem chooses to be a #2 in Zona over a #1 in Baltimore? Blasphemy.

He's going to be able to run with Fitz drawing all the coverage he does.

Plus, no one wants to play for Cam Cameron.*

* - Not an officially sanctioned reason, I just like making fun of Cam.

SuperPacker
02-19-2012, 01:09 PM
Meachem chooses to be a #2 in Zona over a #1 in Baltimore? Blasphemy.Boldin and Torrey Smith?

Go_Eagles77
02-19-2012, 01:10 PM
Asante can be had for a 3rd round pick if anyone is interested.

redbills
02-19-2012, 01:12 PM
Cut Florance to land Routt as our number one and he goes to TEN. Hope florance will come back now if not I'll be drafting some CBs.

SuperPacker
02-19-2012, 01:13 PM
Cut Florance to land Routt as our number one and he goes to TEN. Hope florance will come back now if not I'll be drafting some CBs.

thats the risk you have to make sometimes.

redbills
02-19-2012, 01:14 PM

Yeah I got dflo back!

BeerBaron
02-19-2012, 01:20 PM
I think, THINK, I got all of the first round signings taken care of.

I also cleaned out my PMs which were almost at 100...I saved a couple with important info, but the rest are trashed.

And I'm going to move all of the first round emails out of my inbox. I know there were some trades and cuts amongst them, but I've got a couple hundred emails right now so I need to clean it up before round 2.

If any of the following applies to you, please let me know:

1.) You made an offer to a player in the first round equal or greater to his level and he did not sign with anyone.

2.) You sent me cuts that I didn't post.

3.) You sent me trades I didn't post.

Otherwise I'm going to take a little break, update the free agent list if SuperPacker can't (log in issues), and I'll start accepting 2nd round email offers later tonight.

ATLDirtyBirds
02-19-2012, 01:24 PM
If you would have offered him a Quallity level deal, he would have been yours. No one offered him Quality though.

You still got a pretty reasonable haul of guys who will contribute. And I just found another I think I missed.

Yeah, I figured I'd probably beat out everyone with mid + incentives that could have gotten him a quality deal. Oh well.

Go_Eagles77
02-19-2012, 01:27 PM
Asante can be had for a 3rd round pick if anyone is interested.

Had to bump this to the next page - I'm willing to negotiate too.

killxswitch
02-19-2012, 01:30 PM
Is there a cutoff time for cuts? Or can those just roll in as necessary? Hopefully the 2nd cuz I just send you a cuts email BB. :)

A Perfect Score
02-19-2012, 01:33 PM
Had to bump this to the next page - I'm willing to negotiate too.

I said Id give you a third for Desean!

BeerBaron
02-19-2012, 01:38 PM
Is there a cutoff time for cuts? Or can those just roll in as necessary? Hopefully the 2nd cuz I just send you a cuts email BB. :)

Cuts can roll in at any point. I just ask that people keep them separate from other emails so they don't get missed.

Hines
02-19-2012, 02:00 PM
Will an updated free agent list be up?

BeerBaron
02-19-2012, 02:24 PM
Will an updated free agent list be up?

SuperPacker is working on updating the FA list itself while I'm doing updated salary cap situations and a "best available" list to post in the media thread.

Once all of this has been completed, I'll make the announcement to start sending in your free agent offer emails.

BeerBaron
02-19-2012, 02:48 PM
I had the free agent list half typed up and accidentally clicked out of the box and....???

Now it's gone. ****.

Nalej
02-19-2012, 02:50 PM
Damn.

Don't kill yourself over this. Take a break if you need to.
I know I'd be fumed if that happened to me.

BeerBaron
02-19-2012, 02:51 PM
I'm just going to redo it with no descriptions. Just player names.

CJSchneider
02-19-2012, 02:53 PM
1. We could all be given access to the google doc and edit our own section.

2. How is SF now against the cap when they had 39 million to work with?

SuperPacker
02-19-2012, 02:58 PM

this is perfectly fine with me cus this is taking the piss and i have the attention span of a monkey. im digging away though!

BeerBaron
02-19-2012, 03:12 PM

1.) Unless I made the document completely public, it would be a pain. Everyone would have to have Gmail accounts and I would need to give them access and such. Lets let SuperPacker go as far as he can/wants to and I'll handle whatever is left after that.

2.) Well, you franchised Goldson so there was Elite safety money out. Then you signed Rogers to an Elite deal, Alex Smith and Adam Snyder to Quality deals, and then two Mid level deals. So, you've spent a good amount of money.

SuperPacker
02-19-2012, 03:17 PM
1.) Unless I made the document completely public, it would be a pain. Everyone would have to have Gmail accounts and I would need to give them access and such. Lets let SuperPacker go as far as he can/wants to and I'll handle whatever is left after that.

I just finsihed the NFC. Only 16 more teams to go!

zachsaints52
02-19-2012, 03:18 PM
BB you can delete my 2nd round FA email too. I feel that now that I know all the players, itll be different.

SuperPacker
02-19-2012, 03:26 PM
you can delete mine as well. im gonna make a whole new one.

CJSchneider
02-19-2012, 03:38 PM
1.)

2.) Well, you franchised Goldson so there was Elite safety money out. Then you signed Rogers to an Elite deal, Alex Smith and Adam Snyder to Quality deals, and then two Mid level deals. So, you've spent a good amount of money.

Golson: 2011: 1.2 mil - 2012 6 mil (+4.8)
Rodgers: 201:1 2.1 mil - 2012 6 mil (+4)
Smith: 2011: 5 mil - 2012 (? 8.5 mil $) (let's say +3.5)
Snyder: 2011: 2 mil -2012 (? 4 mil $) (let's say +2)
Ginn: 2011: 1.4 mil - 2012 (? 3.4 $) (lets say +2)
Doughty 2011: .685 - 2012 (? 1.8 $) (let's say +1.2)

That's 19.5 million of 39 I have to spend.

Not to mention, no Moran Norris (not signed) and Ahmed Brooks and Reggie Smith (signed elswheer) that's 3.5 million saved.

Caddy
02-19-2012, 03:40 PM
I signed Connor, Finnegan and Landry. Hope that helps my ****** defense out.

Also I had a crazy dream last night. I somehow missed the first three rounds of the draft and the players I was given by BB were

1. Vontaze Burfict - at #5 overall... :\
2. Curtis Lofton - umm what
3. Will Ferrell, CB - :| Surprised he is listed as a corner

zachsaints52
02-19-2012, 03:45 PM

Also I had a crazy dream last night. I somehow missed the first three rounds of the draft and the players I was given by BB were

Will in the 3rds a steal.

fenikz
02-19-2012, 03:49 PM

http://theuniblog.evilspacerobot.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/naughty_memes_i_bet_its_spider_man_comics_meme_bas e_6-s500x368-147493-580.jpg

CJSchneider
02-19-2012, 03:52 PM

Not to mention, no Moran Norris (not signed) and Ahmed Brooks and Reggie Smith (signed elswheer) that's 3.5 million saved.

Didn't want this trapped.

fenikz
02-19-2012, 03:53 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ltjvhzPRhs1r4u70yo1_500.jpg

marshallb
02-19-2012, 03:53 PM
So, I realize that I overpaid for Tracy Porter, but I knew that if I wanted to get any of the top tier FA CBs I was going to have to overpay, otherwise I wouldn't get them and I'd have the worst(or one of) secondary in the league again. I tried that with a couple WR as well, but they got paid over level by others also. It's a bit of a different situation being the Vikings in FA where if you want someone you'll have to overpay otherwise you'd have to be prepared to be disappointed when you get no one.

Anyways, here's what I've done in FA so far:
Tracy Porter-Elite offer
OJ Atogwe-Quality
Erin Henderson-Mid
Husain Abdullah-Low
Devin Aromashodu-Low
Letroy Guion-Low

zachsaints52
02-19-2012, 03:55 PM
Didn't want this trapped.

I thought elite level deals ere 10 mil+? I coulda swore I saw a thing about explaining how much each is.

CJSchneider
02-19-2012, 03:57 PM
I thought elite level deals ere 10 mil+? I coulda swore I saw a thing about explaining how much each is.

Even so, I'd have 16 million available.

zachsaints52
02-19-2012, 03:59 PM
Even so, I'd have 16 million available.

Two elites+2 qualities (even if the qualities are 5 mil)+ 2 mids (3 mil) thats 36 mil?

DeepThreat
02-19-2012, 04:00 PM

The 2011 salaries are irrelevant. They do not in any way, shape or form affect your 2012 cap room.

ChiFan24
02-19-2012, 04:00 PM
BB, I think you may have accidentally counted the Adams, Barber and Spencer cuts twice. The Spaeth one just happened, but you posted the others in the media thread before free agency. Maybe you never added them until now?

CJSchneider
02-19-2012, 04:01 PM
I franchised Goldson. He even said that would be around 6.5.

fenikz
02-19-2012, 04:03 PM
I got you at like 39ish spent idk what you saved

zachsaints52
02-19-2012, 04:04 PM
I franchised Goldson. He even said that would be around 6.5.

Okay, so
Goldson 6.5
Rogers 10 mil (franchise for CB is 10.6, so elites roughly the same)
Smith 5-6 mil
Snyder 5-6 mil
Doughtry 3 milish
other mid dude 3 milish

Thats still 35ish mil

CJSchneider
02-19-2012, 04:05 PM
The 2011 salaries are irrelevant. They do not in any way, shape or form affect your 2012 cap room.

But if those players are Free Agents, their salaries go back to team available funds. All those guys I signed, were on my team already. Using Alex Smith as an example, if his 2011 salary was 5 million and I pay him (let's say) 8 million in 2012. That is an increase of 3 and only counts as an increase of 3 million from one year to the next.

fenikz
02-19-2012, 04:07 PM
The cap number was with them as free agents already

Caddy
But if those players are Free Agents, their salaries go back to team available funds. All those guys I signed, were on my team already. Using Alex Smith as an example, if his 2011 salary was 5 million and I pay him (let's say) 8 million in 2012. That is an increase of 3 and only counts as an increase of 3 million from one year to the next.

Ummmmm what.

zachsaints52

No... his salary as of now doesnt count towards anything since he is a FA...

BeerBaron
02-19-2012, 04:10 PM
I got you at like 39ish spent idk what you saved

Okay, so
Goldson 6.5
Rogers 10 mil (franchise for CB is 10.6, so elites roughly the same)
Smith 5-6 mil
Snyder 5-6 mil
Doughtry 3 milish
other mid dude 3 milish

Thats still 35ish mil

I got pretty much what these guys have.

If I ever do another one of these, I've learned a lot of things to clarify and do differently. I'll have to keep the salaries public (much to my annoyance because some people are really, really pick about it) and clarify better what each level of free agency means.

And even here, as an example, some one could easily point and out complain how "In real life, the team would sign Rogers and his base salary in year one would be like, the minimum because of the signing bonus and his cap hit wouldn't nearly have be........blahlhhaahalha."

I'm sorry that I'm not 5 people and a certified expert in salary cap theory. I have to try to balance realism with the ability to actually manage this stuff and keep it interesting. It's a pain and apparently not something I mastered immediately in my first try.

CJSchneider
02-19-2012, 04:10 PM
OK, let me back up here a sec. Perhaps I am looking at this wrong.
Let's say 10 players (all who are free agents) earned 25 million in 2011 and my 2011 cap expenditures for my team was 110 million. When I start 2012 negotiations, those players are no longer on my sheet. Thus giving me 85 million to start with. Even if I resign all 10 of those players for 35 million, I now have a salary of 12 million.

CJSchneider
02-19-2012, 04:12 PM
I'm sorry that I'm not 5 people and a certified expert in salary cap theory.

Calm down. I just want to get my head right. It may be me who is mistaken on this one.

bored of education
is that google doc up to date? where is the link I cannot find it!

ATLDirtyBirds
So is Round 2 open for business?

Nalej
02-19-2012, 04:13 PM
Let's say 10 players (all who are free agents) earned 25 million in 2011 and my 2011 cap expenditures for my team was 110 million. When I start 2012 negotiations, those players are no longer on my sheet. Thus giving me 85 million to start with. Even if I resign all 10 of those players for 35 million, I now have a salary of 12 million.

You got it. 120* million

zachsaints52
02-19-2012, 04:14 PM

Your salary cap at the start (with 39 mil to use) does not include any of your FAs on it at all. No Smith, Rogers, Goldson, etc. So their new contracts (which you just gave) total up to go against the 39 mil.

CJSchneider
02-19-2012, 04:20 PM
Your salary cap at the start (with 39 mil to use) does not include any of your FAs on it at all. No Smith, Rogers, Goldson, etc. So their new contracts (which you just gave) total up to go against the 39 mil.

No. SF had a 2011 salary of 102 mil. That counted Alex Smith's 5 million.
According to the new cap rules, they could roll over 16 + million (what they didn't spend last year) plus an estimated 20 million (this years cap with increases) It means you could see teams above 120 million in total cap expenditures.

So if Smith's 5 million counted against the 2011 cap, paying him 8.5 million this year only increases your cap 3.5 million.

marshallb
02-19-2012, 04:22 PM
According to the new cap rules, they could roll over 16 + million (what they didn't spend last year) plus an estimated 20 million (this years cap with increases) It means you could see teams above 120 million in total cap expenditures.

So if Smith's 5 million counted against the 2011 cap, paying him 8.5 million this year only increases your cap 3.5 million.

That's not how it works. Smith's 5 mil doesn't count against the 2012 cap, so paying him 8.5 mil would be increasing by 8.5 mil not 3.5.

Caddy
02-19-2012, 04:22 PM
http://cache.ohinternet.com/images/thumb/7/73/JeanLucPicardFacepalm.jpg/618px-JeanLucPicardFacepalm.jpg

Nalej
02-19-2012, 04:24 PM
I'm so confuzzled

http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2008/6/23/stopimco128587417671070486.jpg

zachsaints52
02-19-2012, 04:25 PM

I honestly dont know how easier I can put it to you, or understand how your getting it. Alex was on a 1 year deal. Once the deal is done, he doesnt count for anything against any future cap. So the 16 rollover+ the 20 mil equals the money you had to spend. Then I went player by player on how you used up all your money. I dont know how else I can say it? I just dont see how a FAs salary from the year before affects anything haha.

Or am I confusing?

CJSchneider
02-19-2012, 04:34 PM
Give me a few minutes, I am actually going to do some math here.

fenikz
02-19-2012, 04:36 PM
Cardinals Orignal Cap Space: $7,000,000

+

Levi Brown, OT, $18,225,000
Kevin Kolb, QB, $10,000,000
Stewart Bradley, LB, $6,000,000
Todd Heap, TE, $3,375,000
Chansi Stuckey, WR, $2,450,000
Rex Hadnot, OG, $2,000,000

Total:  $49,050,000($42,050,000 + $7,000,000)

Peyton Manning, QB, $15,000,000 + Performance Incentives
Calais Campbell, DE, $12,000,000
Robert Meachem, WR, $7,000,000
Levi Brown, OT, $3,000,000
Jay Feeley, K, $1,000,000
Vonnie Holliday, DE, $1,000,000
Todd Heap, TE, $1,000,000
Rex Hadnot, OG, $1,000,000

Total: $18,050,000 ($49,050,000 - $31,000,000)

marshallb
02-19-2012, 04:37 PM
So is Round 2 open for business?

No, not yet. BB said to wait until he posts in the timeline thread.

ChiFan24
02-19-2012, 04:38 PM

The rollover is only the 16 mill of unused cap space. Smith's salary isn't rolled over; he's not on your team anymore.

draftguru151
02-19-2012, 04:39 PM
Give me a few minutes, I am actually going to do some math here.

Don't waste your time you're insanely wrong.

SuperPacker
02-19-2012, 04:42 PM
Ok lets just make this plain and simple...

In 2011 a player earned 5 million but his contract runs out at the end of the season...the team that wants to resign him now gives him 10 million for 2012...if they team had 10 million in cap space they would now have 0 in cap space...

Borat
02-19-2012, 04:46 PM
CJ ... teacher of our nation's youth LOL.

zachsaints52
02-19-2012, 04:51 PM
CJ ... teacher of our nation's youth LOL.

I see what you did there :)

SuperPacker
02-19-2012, 04:51 PM
I finished the free agent list!

i couldnt find the FB Kerney or something like that. does anyone know what team he plays for.

And i left a little present for you all on the page (dont let power get to my head)

Caddy
02-19-2012, 04:52 PM
I swear CJ is the only one confused by this

zachsaints52
02-19-2012, 04:54 PM
Karney didnt play last year because the Rams cut him bc of McDaniels offense. I doubt anyone else would want him anyways, as he is just a blocker mainly (except one game vs Dallas many moons ago)

ChiFan24
02-19-2012, 04:54 PM
I finished the free agent list!

i couldnt find the FB Kerney or something like that. does anyone know what team he plays for.

And i left a little present for you all on the page (dont let power get to my head)

He wasn't on the list.

SuperPacker
02-19-2012, 04:55 PM
He wasn't on the list.

he was on the list BB gave me. oh well no one probably wants him anyway

zachsaints52
02-19-2012, 04:57 PM
he was on the list BB gave me. oh well no one probably wants him anyway

I signed him.....

See signature.

SuperPacker
02-19-2012, 04:59 PM
I signed him.....

See signature.

but i couldnt see him on the free agent list.

Matthew Jones
02-19-2012, 05:02 PM
People need to stop trying to give BeerBaron a headache here. We're only participating in the forum mock because of his efforts, let's just trust his judgment instead of trying to second-guess him at every turn.

SuperPacker
02-19-2012, 05:04 PM
People need to stop trying to give BeerBaron a headache here. We're only participating in the forum mock because of his efforts, let's just trust his judgment instead of trying to second-guess him at every turn.

Why whats happening? No ones moaning anymore.

zachsaints52
02-19-2012, 05:05 PM
but i couldnt see him on the free agent list.

Like I said, he was out of the NFL last year bc the Rams cut him too late during ST for him to catch on with another team. He was on no ones list.

SuperPacker
02-19-2012, 05:06 PM
Like I said, he was out of the NFL last year bc the Rams cut him too late during ST for him to catch on with another team. He was on no ones list.

he was on the free agent tracker BB gave me.

CJSchneider
02-19-2012, 05:06 PM
OK, I went back using the numbers here
http://www.rotoworld.com/teams/contracts/nfl/sf/

Counting the roster I have listed, I come up with 85 million in cap hits not counting hits via bonus and unaccounted gaurenteed money. I still have 7 mid/low free agents listed on my roster I would return, none of which would get 1 million per. That being said, I stand where I did initially, asking why I am in the situation I am in.

Using my best guess, the unaccounted guaranteed money is no more than
15 - 20 million.

I would guess I have about 10 million under the 2012 cap.

Caddy
02-19-2012, 05:07 PM
Classic case of over thinking things! Now I'm confused...

zachsaints52
02-19-2012, 05:10 PM
he was on the free agent tracker BB gave me.

Exactly, he was on the FA tracker because I signed him....

OK, I went back using the numbers here
http://www.rotoworld.com/teams/contracts/nfl/sf/

Counting the roster I have listed, I come up with 85 million in cap hits not counting hits via bonus and unaccounted gaurenteed money. I still have 7 mid/low free agents listed on my roster I would return, none of which would get 1 million per. That being said, I stand where I did initially, asking why I am in the situation I am in.

Using my best guess, the unaccounted guaranteed money is no more than
15 - 20 million.

I would guess I have about 10 million under the 2012 cap.

You said you had 39 mil in open money, people have showed you that you spent roughly 36 mil in FA money on your 6 guys. I cant get into exact numbers because theres no reason to do it, and its just becoming a headache trying to explain it all.

CJSchneider
02-19-2012, 05:15 PM
Exactly, he was on the FA tracker because I signed him....

You said you had 39 mil in open money, people have showed you that you spent roughly 36 mil in FA money on your 6 guys. I cant get into exact numbers because theres no reason to do it, and its just becoming a headache trying to explain it all.

Perhaps that is where I am having the problem. My minor house keeping cuts, my yet to be signed free agents and other numbers are not adding up because we aren't being exact. For the record I sent a sincere PM to BB about this. I just like the numbers to equal out in my head.

CJSchneider
02-19-2012, 05:20 PM
So....do we need a group hug on this or what?

Caddy
02-19-2012, 05:21 PM
Everyone is angry at you CJ! Except me because I love you.

SuperPacker
02-19-2012, 05:22 PM
I think we do need a group hug. Lets all just move on.

Caddy you suck up! ;)

Shane P. Hallam
02-19-2012, 05:54 PM
http://data.whicdn.com/images/3980045/tumblr_l8ye42Zitj1qay34co1_500_thumb.jpg

Shane P. Hallam
02-19-2012, 06:04 PM
Can I put in a bid for "Caddy sucks balls"?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkBmBGPV6_L9dHZWd3FwaUI2eG16WXJQN1VTOXhSa lE#gid=0

SuperPacker
02-19-2012, 06:05 PM

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkBmBGPV6_L9dHZWd3FwaUI2eG16WXJQN1VTOXhSa lE#gid=0

Yes, yes you can Shane. I dont know what BB was doing lol. Must of lost his mid for a second, hahaha he even put Packers>Bears. Very strange...

EDIT: There you go. It even says you've bought it.

Caddy
02-19-2012, 06:19 PM

Why would you do that Jbond :(

SuperPacker
02-19-2012, 06:20 PM
Why would you do that Jbond :(

oh yeah i forgot Caddy put a 2nd round tender on him sucking his balls so you would have to give up a 2nd Shane.

holt_bruce81
02-19-2012, 06:56 PM
How much are we leaving to sign our draft picks? 4-5 million?

How much do you think Mario Manningham would sign for.....6-7 million? If so I think I have around 6 million left of cap space.

fenikz
02-19-2012, 06:59 PM
Pretty sure he said the 5 mil is already taken out

SuperPacker
02-19-2012, 07:00 PM
How much are we leaving to sign our draft picks? 4-5 million?

How much do you think Mario Manningham would sign for.....6-7 million? If so I think I have around 6 million left of cap space.

We dont have to leave money for draft picks and Manningham will cost you around 8-10 million id guess. You probably have enough for a mid or a few lows. It will say on the Media thead though, BB made a cap situation update.

holt_bruce81
02-19-2012, 07:01 PM

oh ha, my bad.

Well then color me excited.

BeerBaron
02-19-2012, 07:19 PM
Indeed, the money for draft picks was already taken care of. The cap is going to be 121-125 million IRL, so I just set it to 125, subtracted the 5 million teams save for draft picks and in-season moves, and here you are.

Did CJ get things figured out? I needed to drive back to my place so I've been on the road for the last couple hours. I think the confusion was over 2011 dollars carrying over or something. I'll doublecheck my niners numbers but I thought they started with around $40 million and have spent $35 or so.

Also, just give me a little bit to get unpacked, I'll make sure everything appears set, and we'll open round 2.

Borat
02-19-2012, 07:24 PM

Oh noezzzz.

CJ, go get your abacus.

BeerBaron
02-19-2012, 07:30 PM
Sunday, Feb 19 - The 2nd round for signing free agents has opened and will remain open until 11:59pm eastern on Monday, Feb 20. I will take some time (hopefully no more than 24 hours) to determine where players will sign in the second round of free agency. Players will sign deals lower than where they are listed if they do not receive better deals. Cuts and trades may continue to happen in this time.

Let's do this.

marshallb
02-19-2012, 07:32 PM
So, where does that put us approximately for us starting the draft? Probably sometime Wednesday/Thursday I'm guessing, unless I'm forgetting something?

jrdrylie
02-19-2012, 07:40 PM
Does a franchise tag equal an elite contract?

Unbiased
02-19-2012, 07:44 PM
Does a franchise tag equal an elite contract?

It does if you want to give them a long term extension. If you just tag a player, they get the actual number for the 2012 tag.

BeerBaron
02-19-2012, 07:56 PM
So, where does that put us approximately for us starting the draft? Probably sometime Wednesday/Thursday I'm guessing, unless I'm forgetting something?

Yeah, Wednesday most likely.

Also, please include guys in your 2nd email even if you "low-balled" them the first time through. This will help avoid confusion on my end.

Grizzlegom
02-19-2012, 08:35 PM
Since we're looking to go straight into the draft after this round, will players sign vet minimum deals this time around if they don't have any better options?

BeerBaron
02-19-2012, 08:58 PM
Since we're looking to go straight into the draft after this round, will players sign vet minimum deals this time around if they don't have any better options?

They will. We'll also have a round after the draft including UDFAs and a chance to grab any last minute cuts or VMs that weren't signed this round.

jrdrylie
02-20-2012, 12:57 AM
Second round of free agency wish list has been sent. Let me know if you didn't get it, had issues, or had questions.

prock
02-20-2012, 03:40 AM
How awesome and smoothly this mock is going makes me super happy for the community of intelligent footballers we are surrounded with.

Except for the overdose of Packers and Saints fans. They don't know **** and I hate them.

/endbiasedrant

CJSchneider
02-20-2012, 09:18 AM
How awesome and smoothly this mock is going makes me super happy for the community of intelligent footballers we are surrounded with.

Except for the overdose of Packers and Saints fans. They don't know **** and I hate them.

/endbiasedrant

You just can't let that game go, can you? None of us told Favre to throw that devastating interception.

BeerBaron
02-20-2012, 09:25 AM
You just can't let that game go, can you? None of us told Favre to throw that devastating interception.

And you didn't send 12 men onto the field either. Just back to back mindfucks by Childress then Favre....the football gods weren't going to let that combo get to the Superbowl. No freaking way.

scottyboy
02-20-2012, 09:34 AM
giants round 2 offers are in. can't wait for our write up in the media section. those rumors BB posts are my favorites

BeerBaron
02-20-2012, 09:56 AM
Note to all teams submitting Round 2 FA offers:

If you have signed players up to the salary cap, I will automatically decrease any remaining offers you've made to veteran minimums. If no one else offers to that player, or you're the best choice out of those who offer VM contracts, you will still get him.

So make sure your priorities are clearly marked. For example, if you have enough cap room to make one Mid level offer and you've made that offer to 3 different players, make sure you've put them in order of priority.

A Perfect Score
02-20-2012, 09:59 AM
I forgot to mention in the email that our offers are arranged by desire BB. I outlined the two main focuses anyways though.

killxswitch
02-20-2012, 10:02 AM
BB I think you know already but the Colts' FA offers are always in order of preference unless otherwise noted.

Matthew Jones
02-20-2012, 10:18 AM
There are still a lot of quality free agents available. Color me surprised.

killxswitch
02-20-2012, 10:28 AM
There are still a lot of quality free agents available. Color me surprised.

It's hard to salary cap.

BeerBaron
02-20-2012, 10:28 AM
I've lost too many media posts now. I change tabs after looking up some stats on the player or something but don't click in the tab I'm typing before I start, and apparently some combination of key strokes sends me back a page or something.

Hellishly annoying.

SuperPacker
02-20-2012, 10:45 AM
Just go back from school. My Offers should be up in a bit.

A Perfect Score
02-20-2012, 10:47 AM
Why would the Niners trade for Desean when they already have the same player in Ted Ginn?

BeerBaron
02-20-2012, 10:48 AM
Why would the Niners trade for Desean when they already have the same player in Ted Ginn?

Desean can catch.

SuperPacker
02-20-2012, 10:49 AM

DeSean is loads better than Ted Ginn.

Ginn is solely a kick/punt returner, with a good quarterback Jackson can be a nightmare for defenses. Unfortunatley the 49ers have Alex Smith...

It will open up holes in the running game though.

Nalej
02-20-2012, 10:57 AM
Desean can catch.

Ding ding. We have a winner.

killxswitch
02-20-2012, 10:58 AM
Now all the 9ers need is a QB.

BeerBaron
02-20-2012, 11:02 AM
Now all the 9ers need is a QB.

http://colinkaepernick.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Colin-Kaepernick-2-resized.jpg

I think I'd rather have him than any QB not named Luck or Griffin in this draft...

FlyingElvis
02-20-2012, 11:14 AM
I've lost too many media posts now. I change tabs after looking up some stats on the player or something but don't click in the tab I'm typing before I start, and apparently some combination of key strokes sends me back a page or something.

Hellishly annoying.
I ******* hate when I do that. I'm still not sure what is is, as the only keyboard shortcut I know that would do that is (alt)+(<--) and I'm certain I'm never using the arrow key when it happens.

[lol.wut.image]???[/lol.wut.image]

zachsaints52
02-20-2012, 11:22 AM
So....do we need a group hug on this or what?

Ill take a hug... and rep :)

/endbiasedrant

Your about as blue as the inside of Favres legs after that game.

Ding ding. We have a winner.

Haha he said ding ding :P

Anyways, my campus just got internet back, so I sent in Round 2.

ATLDirtyBirds
02-20-2012, 11:45 AM
Will send in round 2 later this afternoon/evening.

fenikz
02-20-2012, 11:45 AM
49ers trading RFAs didn't know that was possible :p

BeerBaron
02-20-2012, 11:48 AM
49ers trading RFAs didn't know that was possible :p

Wes Welker was traded to the Pats as an RFA. It's the same deal with franchise players. They sign the tender, get traded and then sign a deal with their new team.

redbills
02-20-2012, 11:52 AM
Bills sent list

Matthew Jones
02-20-2012, 11:55 AM
Patriots list is in, although I accidentally had to send offers in two parts after forgetting a couple of guys.

SuperPacker
02-20-2012, 11:59 AM
I've sent mine in too. Only had 5 players on it though.

killxswitch
02-20-2012, 12:02 PM
http://colinkaepernick.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Colin-Kaepernick-2-resized.jpg

I think I'd rather have him than any QB not named Luck or Griffin in this draft...

Forgot about Kaepernick. I was just taking a needless shot at Alex Smith.

SuperPacker
02-20-2012, 12:04 PM
Forgot about Kaepernick. I was just taking a needless shot at Alex Smith.

May be needless but still funny! Ever since i read that thread comparing Alex Smith to Alex Smith i've hated him.

Brothgar
02-20-2012, 01:38 PM
Round 2 FA vet minimums sent! WOOT!

SuperPacker
02-20-2012, 01:47 PM
Round 2 FA vet minimums sent! WOOT!

should of cut calvin johnson!

SuperPacker
02-20-2012, 01:59 PM
yay no more Jermichael Finley!

Nalej
02-20-2012, 02:00 PM
I keep confusing real life with the forum mock :( INCEPTION!

BeerBaron
02-20-2012, 02:01 PM
I keep confusing real life with the forum mock :( INCEPTION!

I do that with forum mocks all the time. Last year it happened with Mason Foster. I think it was the Saints that drafted him in the 2nd round, then when I saw him this year with Tampa I felt mindfucked.

Everyone is going to be screwed up from this.

Nalej
02-20-2012, 02:05 PM
I'm looking at mock drafts going...
"We don't need a safety that early, we just signed M.Griffin"

Yup.

Matthew Jones
02-20-2012, 02:07 PM
Just trying to do right by the Patriots in this mock; it would be a disservice to the players on roster to not go all out. I'd like to think the Patriots are going to field a team with a very realistic shot at a championship in 2012.

BeerBaron
02-20-2012, 02:09 PM
Just trying to do right by the Patriots in this mock; it would be a disservice to the players on roster to not go all out. I'd like to think the Patriots are going to field a team with a very realistic shot at a championship in 2012.

You need to worry about those Bills though. They're improving to a ridiculous degree.

redbills
02-20-2012, 02:10 PM
You need to worry about those Bills though. They're improving to a ridiculous degree.

O if this was real life. Spiller, FredEx, Stevie, Finley. I like.

BeerBaron
02-20-2012, 02:17 PM
I'm all caught up on emails and can't think of any more good free agent stories....

This is boring and lame. I guess I could come up with some story to annoy Scotty...but meh.

Matthew Jones
02-20-2012, 02:20 PM
The Manny Lawson agreement is looking very good in light of Buffalo's move for Finley. Lawson is excellent in coverage and has the size (6'5", 250) to mix it up with Finley and Dustin Keller. Lawson also ran a 4.43 at the combine, with a 39.5" vertical. Perfect fit in New England.

BeerBaron
02-20-2012, 02:22 PM
The biggest miss by Buffalo so far was gambling and losing on getting a better CB. They did cut and resign Drayton Florence on a cheaper deal though.

redbills
02-20-2012, 02:27 PM
The biggest miss by Buffalo so far was gambling and losing on getting a better CB. They did cut and resign Drayton Florence on a cheaper deal though.

Well if they don't have to cover for 8 seconds again I think they should be better plus there is still the draft and some decent guys in FA.

scottyboy
02-20-2012, 02:42 PM
I'm all caught up on emails and can't think of any more good free agent stories....

This is boring and lame. I guess I could come up with some story to annoy Scotty...but meh.

love you too <3

zachsaints52
02-20-2012, 02:53 PM
The Manny Lawson agreement is looking very good in light of Buffalo's move for Finley. Lawson is excellent in coverage and has the size (6'5", 250) to mix it up with Finley and Dustin Keller. Lawson also ran a 4.43 at the combine, with a 39.5" vertical. Perfect fit in New England.

Spot starter coughcough.

Saints offered starting job and same pay. Just saying ;)

And all the guys I put in FA, you had to show the Hill offer? Come on man, I think my #1 on my list is coming here :)

BeerBaron
02-20-2012, 02:57 PM
I think Mayo and Lawson will be the Pats primary linebackers. Spikes is definitely a 2 down guy, and then their DEs/OLBs will shift around and rotate depending on the situation and front.

SuperPacker
02-20-2012, 03:10 PM
Spot starter coughcough.

Saints offered starting job and same pay. Just saying ;)

And all the guys I put in FA, you had to show the Hill offer? Come on man, I think my #1 on my list is coming here :)

if you need a linebacker so bad offer ej henderson a deal

zachsaints52
02-20-2012, 03:15 PM
if you need a linebacker so bad offer ej henderson a deal

Oh why didn't I think of offering a LB a deal? /sarcasm

I love Manny. And it was a joke, hence the fake cough and smiley.

Brothgar
02-20-2012, 03:17 PM

THAT COUGH WAS FAKE!!!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-ptxcZPoTaJc/TVcVh14p7II/AAAAAAAAEec/psPsS5JTfhM/s1600/oscar.jpg

SuperPacker
02-20-2012, 03:18 PM

i was just saying EJ Henderson is a good player and will probably be available for a mid level deal. Just get him instead.

zachsaints52
02-20-2012, 03:27 PM
THAT COUGH WAS FAKE!!!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-ptxcZPoTaJc/TVcVh14p7II/AAAAAAAAEec/psPsS5JTfhM/s1600/oscar.jpg

I'd like to thank the academy, my savior, the fans, and Kanye West for making this possible.

i was just saying EJ Henderson is a good player and will probably be available for a mid level deal. Just get him instead.

I offered 4-5 LBs already.

Go_Eagles77
02-20-2012, 04:15 PM
This is the final time I'm going to post this in this thread - Does anyone have any interest at all in trading for Asante Samuel? He can be had for a 4th round pick. Please PM me if interested.

Caddy
02-20-2012, 04:17 PM

He sucked in San Fran's 3-4

DiG
02-20-2012, 04:19 PM
This is the final time I'm going to post this in this thread - Does anyone have any interest at all in trading for Asante Samuel? He can be had for a 4th round pick. Please PM me if interested.

can i get a restructure ;) 9.5M in 2012 and 11.5M in 2013 = :O

SuperPacker
02-20-2012, 04:19 PM

I know how it feels when no one wants your over-rated/over-priced free agents. What is Asante's cap situation?

9.5M in 2012 and 11.5M in 2013 = :O

Oh ****! No way im trading for him.

diabsoule
02-20-2012, 04:49 PM
I know how it feels when no one wants your over-rated/over-priced free agents. What is Asante's cap situation?

Oh ****! No way im trading for him.

Check your PMs

SuperPacker
02-20-2012, 04:52 PM
Check your PMs

sorry diab i tried to text you but it wouldnt work, probably cus i live in UK, and i've traded him to Buffalo already. sorry man.

ChiFan24
02-20-2012, 05:36 PM
Well that Stanford Routt deal sure takes a **** all over my Dwayne Bowe signing....

BeerBaron
02-20-2012, 05:43 PM
Well that Stanford Routt deal sure takes a **** all over my Dwayne Bowe signing....

Good thing we stopped caring about what happes in real life a while back, eh?