PDA

View Full Version : BeerBaron's Forum Offseason Discussion Thread! 2013 Draft Ongoing!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

SuperPacker
02-20-2012, 05:44 PM
Good thing we stopped caring about what happes in real life a while back, eh?

Lol, i was gonna ask what he meant. I was sort of confused by what that post meant.

ChiFan24
02-20-2012, 05:54 PM
Good thing we stopped caring about what happes in real life a while back, eh?

I guess, though I'd be more than willing to trade Bowe to KC with Carr going to Tennessee for Routt. I'll just take the cap space in the interest of keeping things realistic.

On the other hand, it doesn't make much of a difference to me. It's just depressing to see Bowe on the roster knowing it will probably never be......

fenikz
02-20-2012, 06:02 PM
Everyone knew it wasnt realistic when it happened anyways

ChiFan24
02-20-2012, 06:17 PM
Everyone knew it wasnt realistic when it happened anyways

Yeah, because KC let him hit the open market in the first place.

SuperPacker
02-20-2012, 06:22 PM
Not again...

Cant we just drop the Bowe discussion?

BeerBaron
02-20-2012, 06:32 PM
For Round 2, here is who I've yet to hear from:

Vikings
49ers
Seahawks
Steelers (only sent 1 name)
Broncos
Chiefs

Even if you don't want anyone this round, still let me know.

vidae
02-20-2012, 06:44 PM
I guess, though I'd be more than willing to trade Bowe to KC with Carr going to Tennessee for Routt. I'll just take the cap space in the interest of keeping things realistic.

On the other hand, it doesn't make much of a difference to me. It's just depressing to see Bowe on the roster knowing it will probably never be......

In real life? It won't be. I said it a hundred times: Bowe is not leaving KC. He just isn't. But why trade him now? Just keep going. The second round is almost over and then we'll go into the draft. Does it matter that much anymore?

Yeah, because KC let him hit the open market in the first place.

This really doesn't matter. Even if he does he's re-signing here.

marshallb
02-20-2012, 06:58 PM

Vikings
49ers
Seahawks
Broncos
Chiefs

I'll be getting mine to you a little later tonight. I just got home and am going to make supper and will then sit down and type it up. Not going to be very long anyways, but I've got a couple things I'm looking at.

CJSchneider
02-20-2012, 07:16 PM

Vikings
49ers
Seahawks
Broncos
Chiefs

I sent mine in. Thus your knowledge of Larry Grant. Should I send it again?

BeerBaron
02-20-2012, 07:20 PM
I sent mine in. Thus your knowledge of Larry Grant. Should I send it again?

Hmmmmmmmmmm...let me check again for it.

Found it, nevermind. I don't like how gmail combines emails. It got mixed in with the trade emails and I moved those to the trades folder.

TheBoyWonder22
02-20-2012, 07:38 PM
I'll have mine in, just discussing with my consultant before I do anything stupid.

ChiFan24
02-20-2012, 07:39 PM
Not again...

Cant we just drop the Bowe discussion?

Are you really that afraid of confrontation? It's a thing that happened in the mock we're making. Nobody is knocking BB; in fact we've all expressed our gratitude for the work he's done. So why can't we talk about it?

In real life? It won't be. I said it a hundred times: Bowe is not leaving KC. He just isn't. But why trade him now? Just keep going. The second round is almost over and then we'll go into the draft. Does it matter that much anymore?

This really doesn't matter. Even if he does he's re-signing here.

Well as of today, I totally concede that Bowe won't be a Bear. I think if he had hit the open market, we would have given the Chiefs a run for their money. I think you A. completely underrate the attractiveness of the Bears' situation and B. overstate the importance of all of that cap room - we have it too. The only argument that you've made that makes me thing twice is that apparently he lobbied for Crennel? I didn't see that, but I guess that's something.

Even then, I think we, or some other team, could have swayed him. The Chiefs apparently don't want to take that risk, and that's smart on their part.

And as for the trade, I just think that this thing has been a really good simulation so far, and that we could easily keep it that way by making the changes I suggested. It wouldn't be an official "trade," just a quick fix. I'm not opposed to it, is all I'm saying.

Shane P. Hallam
02-20-2012, 07:41 PM
Nice trade for the Broncos. I imagine Hoyer will cost more than that if/when he is traded.

vidae
02-20-2012, 07:43 PM
Well as of today, I totally concede that Bowe won't be a Bear. I think if he had hit the open market, we would have given the Chiefs a run for their money. I think you A. completely underrate the attractiveness of the Bears' situation and B. overstate the importance of all of that cap room - we have it too. The only argument that you've made that makes me thing twice is that apparently he lobbied for Crennel? I didn't see that, but I guess that's something.

Even then, I think we, or some other team, could have swayed him. The Chiefs apparently don't want to take that risk, and that's smart on their part.

And as for the trade, I just think that this thing has been a really good simulation so far, and that we could easily keep it that way by making the changes I suggested. It wouldn't be an official "trade," just a quick fix. I'm not opposed to it, is all I'm saying.

For the first thing, I think you're overrating the Bears situation personally. The Chiefs are more talented at WR, TE, OL and I'd argue that RB is a push. The only thing the Bears have going for them over the Chiefs on the offensive side of the ball is at QB. Is that big? Sure, but is that big enough to get a player to leave a team? I don't know.

As for the second thing, if the other teams involved in this want to do the swap, I'll do it. I'm assuming I'd just subtract Carr and add in Bowe and Routt?

If that is the route people want to go, it's fine with me. If people want to keep it as is, that is fine with me too. I really don't care at this point, I just want to get to the draft.

BeerBaron
02-20-2012, 07:52 PM
Nice trade for the Broncos. I imagine Hoyer will cost more than that if/when he is traded.

Indeed. I'm surprised the Redskins couldn't strike a deal for all the more he apparently cost. They were trying to work out a deal earlier in the day but I was told it fell through. (Had to adjust his FA list accordingly.)

Still, it's Brian Hoyer and his 43 career attempts. We're seeing guys with less and less actual experience get traded for more and more each year. First it was Schaub a few years back based on two regular season starts and some good preseason games. Then Kolb who had 2-3 good games in 7 career starts. Flynn after 2 career starts will likely get a Kolb-like deal this offseason to whoever loses the Peyton Manning sweepstakes. Now Hoyer possibly...

Crazy. I'd hate to need a QB nowadays. I'm so glad the Bears got Jay Cutler when they did. Guys like that simply should not EVER be available like he was. Thanks McD!!

Go_Eagles77
02-20-2012, 07:58 PM
For the first thing, I think you're overrating the Bears situation personally. The Chiefs are more talented at WR, TE, OL and I'd argue that RB is a push. The only thing the Bears have going for them over the Chiefs on the offensive side of the ball is at QB. Is that big? Sure, but is that big enough to get a player to leave a team? I don't know.

As for the second thing, if the other teams involved in this want to do the swap, I'll do it. I'm assuming I'd just subtract Carr and add in Bowe and Routt?

If that is the route people want to go, it's fine with me. If people want to keep it as is, that is fine with me too. I really don't care at this point, I just want to get to the draft.

This is supposed to be about what we would do if we were in control. Let's just leave it be.

Matthew Jones
02-20-2012, 07:59 PM
I made what I considered to be a very reasonable offer to Washington, but after waiting for quite some time, I was told that the deal was a no-go and moved on. Good trade for the Broncos; Hoyer's value is realistically more than that, but lots of teams were addressing the quarterback position in the pre-draft process.

marshallb
02-20-2012, 08:04 PM
This is supposed to be about what we would do if we were in control. Let's just leave it be.

I agree. BB said in his initial post:

Once we’ve started, the team is yours and real life transactions will no longer automatically occur here.

So, I don't see why we wouldn't just roll with what we've got.

ChiFan24
02-20-2012, 08:34 PM
I agree. BB said in his initial post:

So, I don't see why we wouldn't just roll with what we've got.

Fine with me, just throwing it out there. I can just pretend Bowe is one of the other elite WR's the Bears will surely sign.

princefielder28
02-20-2012, 08:35 PM

Vikings
49ers
Seahawks
Broncos
Chiefs

i'll be getting mine in soon

Hines
02-20-2012, 08:47 PM

Vikings
49ers
Seahawks
Broncos
Chiefs

Do you want me to send in more?

fenikz
02-20-2012, 08:50 PM
Shane says you're trading me Mike Wallace for Levi Brown and a 3rd :)

Hines
02-20-2012, 08:53 PM
Shane says you're trading me Mike Wallace for Levi Brown and a 3rd :)

You're giving me too much. Give me a cheerleader, Mexican food from Filberto's, and a scorpion for Wallace.

Shane P. Hallam
02-20-2012, 08:56 PM
And Levi Brown. Always Levi Brown.

fenikz
02-20-2012, 08:59 PM
You're giving me too much. Give me a cheerleader, Mexican food from Filberto's, and a scorpion for Wallace.

I'll give you a fat cheerleader and put the live scorpion in your burrito and Levi Brown

Hines
02-20-2012, 09:00 PM
Too good to pass up.

BeerBaron
02-20-2012, 09:01 PM
Do you want me to send in more?

You don't have to.

BeerBaron
02-20-2012, 09:04 PM
Remember, the deadline to submit for round 2 is in 2 hours. I'll probably be in bed, but I'll start dishing out the signings in my downtime at work tomorrow once I get ahead.

zachsaints52
02-20-2012, 09:28 PM
I have a feeling I should be getting atleast 4 guys tomar, 2 starting caliber and 2 role players at least.

diabsoule
02-20-2012, 09:31 PM
The Titans and Saints just agreed upon a trade

zachsaints52
02-20-2012, 09:33 PM
The Titans and Saints just agreed upon a trade

Which just opened up 2 mil more for me :)

marshallb
02-20-2012, 09:41 PM
I just sent my FA offers in, pretty short list.

zachsaints52
02-20-2012, 09:44 PM

Seahawks
Broncos
Chiefs

That leaves these teams I believe.

zachsaints52
02-20-2012, 09:48 PM
BB I didnt add my 7th to the trade

BeerBaron
02-20-2012, 09:49 PM
BB I didnt add my 7th to the trade

He had it in there. So...?

Hines
02-20-2012, 09:50 PM
I added another player to my list.

BeerBaron
02-20-2012, 10:00 PM
Btw, I got from the Chiefs. So...Seahawks and Broncos yet. They have one hour to go. (I might be a little lenient but they better be in before I get up in the morning...)

zachsaints52
02-20-2012, 10:00 PM
Either way I gain 2 more mil to give to players! :)

Very excited that this gives me the chance to give a possible 1 quality and 4 mids I believe (Quality 6ish mil and Mids 3 milish)

CashmoneyDrew
02-20-2012, 10:34 PM
So... what was the driving force for the Titans to acquire Pierre Thomas?

Caddy
02-20-2012, 10:41 PM
Either way I gain 2 more mil to give to players! :)

Very excited that this gives me the chance to give a possible 1 quality and 4 mids I believe (Quality 6ish mil and Mids 3 milish)

There aren't any great players left!

killxswitch
02-20-2012, 10:43 PM
So... what was the driving force for the Titans to acquire Pierre Thomas?

CJ2K sucks now?

holt_bruce81
02-20-2012, 10:44 PM
Anyone want Sam Bradford?

vidae
02-20-2012, 10:48 PM
Chris Johnson had over 1000 yards last year. Sure, he wasn't as dominant as he was the years before that but saying he sucks is a little harsh.

diabsoule
02-20-2012, 10:51 PM
My reasoning behind adding Pierre Thomas was that while Chris Johnson is still very good he will be better with a back that can spell him while also being used as a change of pace. PT also adds another dimension to the Titans offense and another weapon for Locker.

OSUGiants17
02-20-2012, 10:56 PM
My reasoning behind adding Pierre Thomas was that while Chris Johnson is still very good he will be better with a back that can spell him while also being used as a change of pace. PT also adds another dimension to the Titans offense and another weapon for Locker.

Makes a lot of sense for both sides. Saints move closer to the 1st(where they don't pick), by dealing from a position of strength. Ingram, Sproles and Ivory will make a nice 3 headed monster. And as diab said, spelling CJ with a guy like PT opens up the offense and helps keep his legs fresh.

zachsaints52
02-20-2012, 11:04 PM
Plus opens up 2 mil which should give me 1 quality and 3-4 mids :)

holt_bruce81
02-20-2012, 11:17 PM
Chris Johnson had over 1000 yards last year. Sure, he wasn't as dominant as he was the years before that but saying he sucks is a little harsh.

No, he was horrible last year. Almost half those yards came in three games, the rest of the season he was garbage averaging 44.1 yards per game in 13 of the 16 games and 3.0 yards per carry.

scottyboy
02-21-2012, 12:42 AM
but didn't the titans have javon ringer who is super sexy?

Matthew Jones
02-21-2012, 08:12 AM
Nice to see both Andre Carter and Jim Leonhard got paid. Two players I really like.

Matthew Jones
02-21-2012, 08:20 AM
Also really digging the Kevin Kolb signing for Cleveland. Nice work.

CJSchneider
02-21-2012, 08:26 AM
Question: Will the free agent tracker be updated for those insignificant 2nd round signings?

Unbiased
02-21-2012, 08:26 AM
BB, just to be clear, I offered Jeff Saturday a Quality deal. You show it as mid in the media thread.

BeerBaron
02-21-2012, 08:42 AM
BB, just to be clear, I offered Jeff Saturday a Quality deal. You show it as mid in the media thread.

No one else offered him anything high, so I've been reducing deals to the minimum required for them to sign with the team. Plus I don't think you could sign 3 Quality deals. 2 Q's and a Mid will have you close to the cap. I mentioned doing this for VM offers when teams hit the cap.

And the Free Agent Tracker is being updated. The google doc list, not yet...

Unbiased
02-21-2012, 08:46 AM
No one else offered him anything high, so I've been reducing deals to the minimum required for them to sign with the team. Plus I don't think you could sign 3 Quality deals. 2 Q's and a Mid will have you close to the cap. I mentioned doing this for VM offers when teams hit the cap.

And the Free Agent Tracker is being updated. The google doc list, not yet...

Cool. Thank you.

jrdrylie
02-21-2012, 08:52 AM
I just saw the Bears resigned Marion Barber and got pissed for a second before I realized this wasn't real life. If Marion Barber is on the Bears next year, even at veteran minimum, I might flip my ****.

BeerBaron
02-21-2012, 08:56 AM
I just saw the Bears resigned Marion Barber and got pissed for a second before I realized this wasn't real life. If Marion Barber is on the Bears next year, even at veteran minimum, I might flip my ****.

I too would rather roll with Bell and a mid-round rookie behind Forte, but who knows. Him at the VM would better than him at his current borderline starter salary.

Matthew Jones
02-21-2012, 09:01 AM
Just finished up my free agent review for New England, but am waiting to hear back on a couple more free agents before posting. I'll check the media thread once I get back from school.

Matthew Jones
02-21-2012, 09:24 AM
Excellent free agent haul. Gotta head to school now but I'll be posting my recap when I get back!

marshallb
02-21-2012, 09:31 AM
One thing BB, I didn't offer Hill a Mid contract. I'm happy with signing him, and it doesn't matter much, but if someone else had offered a Mid or even Low he'd have probably signed there instead.

BeerBaron
02-21-2012, 09:33 AM
One thing BB, I didn't offer Hill a Mid contract. I'm happy with signing him, and it doesn't matter much, but if someone else had offered a Mid or even Low he'd have probably signed there instead.

Woops, I know what I did. I looked at the "Mid" next to his name instead of the actual offer below it. Well...you got him. You had the space for it at least.

marshallb
02-21-2012, 09:35 AM
Woops, I know what I did. I looked at the "Mid" next to his name instead of the actual offer below it. Well...you got him. You had the space for it at least.

Yea, that's fine. I had no plans to sign anyone else anyways, and would still have some cap space to sign a couple low/vet mins after the draft if I want to.

princefielder28
02-21-2012, 09:36 AM
The Seahawks know they'll be looking to move down from #12 if anyone wants to start discussing a possible deal for when the draft starts tomorrow

OSUGiants17
02-21-2012, 09:38 AM
EDIT: Nevermind. They're gone. Should have waited for the other teams.

Nalej
02-21-2012, 09:43 AM
Excellent free agent haul. Gotta head to school now but I'll be posting my recap when I get back!

Yea, I'm pretty happy we kept Lawfirm and Warren. Mills was nice as well.

draftguru151
02-21-2012, 09:43 AM
Miami Bay Bengals *************!

Shane P. Hallam
02-21-2012, 09:44 AM
Nice, Kroy to rotate in at OLB, Castillo/Hampton as D-line depth. Opens up the Chargers to take BPA in the draft.

TheBoyWonder22
02-21-2012, 09:46 AM
Nice haul! I'm disappointed I missed out on Wayne, but that can be addressed. I may be interested in trading back into the first, and I am certainly interested in acquiring a number one receiver. Contact me if you are looking to trade.

BeerBaron
02-21-2012, 09:53 AM
I feel a little guilty about that Raiders haul. I think the only guy on that list that even got an backup plan offer was Nakamura.

Everyone else I just stole at VM offers because they got nothing else.

I'm most pleased about the RBs. Bush as the bruiser, Taiwan Jones as the speedster and Mewelde as the veteran 3rd down back? McFadden who?

BeerBaron
02-21-2012, 10:00 AM
So I was thinking...maybe we could start the draft unofficially today since that round of FA took no time at all and start the clock tomorrow? Thoughts?

Hines
02-21-2012, 10:01 AM
The Steelers are interested in moving up or even down depending on the board. Hit me up for offers.

Go_Eagles77
02-21-2012, 10:01 AM
So I was thinking...maybe we could start the draft unofficially today since that round of FA took no time at all and start the clock tomorrow? Thoughts?

I'd be down.

princefielder28
02-21-2012, 10:02 AM

sounds good!

jrdrylie
02-21-2012, 10:05 AM
I'm definitely down. I have nothing going on at work today while tomorrow is going to be terrible. I would much rather get my pick done today. If we are sending you a big board, do you want it via email or PM?

Nalej
02-21-2012, 10:08 AM
Pats are willing to mingle!

draftguru151
02-21-2012, 10:25 AM
What's up with RFA? If they weren't offered yet do we get to keep them or no?

SuperPacker
02-21-2012, 10:36 AM
What's up with RFA? If they weren't offered yet do we get to keep them or no?

We have to give the former team a chance to sign him. If they dont match the offer you get him if they do you dont.

marshallb
02-21-2012, 10:41 AM

I'd be down. I have class until 1:30 ET and then work 2 to 11, but will check in during my lunch to see if I'm up at that time. Depending on how the board plays out with the first two picks, the Vikings may be interested in moving down. So, basically hit me up with offers for RG3.

CJSchneider
02-21-2012, 10:47 AM
Starting ASAP sounds good to the 49ers.

draftguru151
02-21-2012, 10:49 AM
We have to give the former team a chance to sign him. If they dont match the offer you get him if they do you dont.

Was talking about guys on my team that no one offered a contract to.

And yea, no reason not to start today with no clock.

SuperPacker
02-21-2012, 10:51 AM
Was talking about guys on my team that no one offered a contract to.

And yea, no reason not to start today with no clock.

Oh umm. Im not sure.

Yeah lets start the draft as soon as we can.

zachsaints52
02-21-2012, 11:04 AM
Couple of suprises to be honest with the FA's, most notably Reggie Wayne. I thought Meachem was promised the #2 WR in Zona? Does that mean he is now frustrated after being pushed back down to #3, while teams offered him to be a actual starter?

And sooooooooo many VM deals. I woulda figured after the draft would have been the time to do the vet minimums, after teams draft and see what they needed. Because of the VMs, theres literally no one left so the last round would be pretty pointless.

And screw Shaun Rogers. I offered him same level contract as a starter and he goes to a rebuilding team.

killxswitch
02-21-2012, 11:08 AM
With the first pick in the 2012 NFL Draft the Indianapolis Colts select Andrew Luck. Thanks for everthing, Peyton. We'll see you when you retire a Colt.

And all the haters can suck it!

BeerBaron
02-21-2012, 11:12 AM
Sorry, my meeting ran long...it always runs long...

I'll work on a draft order and then we can just start unofficially with no clock. Clock will begin at 8am est tomorrow. Send boards if you need to, otherwise I'll text you when you're up.

As for RFAs...the two who were given offers from other teams can be matched by their current teams until the time listed on the tracker page.

RFAs who weren't offered deals by other teams are now yours on their one year tender.

killxswitch
02-21-2012, 11:18 AM
Did somebody sign Sammie Lee Hill? I put an offer in on him but didn't get him.

BeerBaron
02-21-2012, 11:21 AM
Did somebody sign Sammie Lee Hill? I put an offer in on him but didn't get him.

He was an RFA with a 4th round tender. I had been skipping over RFAs that were on people's lists unless they specifically noted they wanted him (like the Bills pointed out their guy was right to match only and the Packers said they were willing to give up a 2nd for him.)

Because soooooooo many RFAs were on guys lists the first time through (Webb Webb Webb Webb Webb) and I had to point out to a good half dozen people at least that a guy they wanted was an RFA and would require something in return, at which point they all said no thanks.

So if you are willing to risk the 4th for Hill, I'll make a post about it.

redbills
02-21-2012, 11:29 AM
Wow the packers were going to give up pick 41 for Maybin, wow.

SuperPacker
02-21-2012, 11:32 AM

I changed my mind when i remembered i swapped second round picks with you.

BeerBaron
02-21-2012, 11:33 AM

Apparently they can't. I had actually heard that before but forgot all about it until now. You have to give up YOUR pick. If you don't have it...you're SOL unless you can work out a trade for the player. It's the same deal if you have more than one pick in the round, you have to give up YOURS.

I have a feeling the Jets would have taken 41 without hesitation for Aaron Maybin.

zachsaints52
02-21-2012, 11:35 AM
I think the Jets would take a 5th for him....

Is there anyone worthwhile even left now for FAs?

BeerBaron
02-21-2012, 11:39 AM
I think the Jets would take a 5th for him....

Is there anyone worthwhile even left now for FAs?

Eh, some guys who might be a worthwhile pickup if a team can't fill a need in the draft. I'll do another round up of them for round 3 post-draft.

I need to figure out a way to best include UDFAs too...the new CBA limits what teams can pay them. In the past, teams like the Ravens would just pay the UDFAs they wanted what amounted to a veteran minimum salary while other teams would hand them like $1000 and a hotel room during minicamps.

Now I think there is a set standard, so teams will actually have to appeal to the RFAs.

zachsaints52
02-21-2012, 11:40 AM
Eh, some guys who might be a worthwhile pickup if a team can't fill a need in the draft. I'll do another round up of them for round 3 post-draft.

I need to figure out a way to best include UDFAs too...the new CBA limits what teams can pay them. In the past, teams like the Ravens would just pay the UDFAs they wanted what amounted to a veteran minimum salary while other teams would hand them like $1000 and a hotel room during minicamps.

Now I think there is a set standard, so teams will actually have to appeal to the RFAs.

Id say after draft make everyone conduct a 54 man roster, and give dibs to teams that actually need the position the most.

scottyboy
02-21-2012, 11:42 AM
some of you guys are douches for over paying for some of the giants role players and backups. for realsies

BeerBaron
02-21-2012, 11:46 AM
Id say after draft make everyone conduct a 54 man roster, and give dibs to teams that actually need the position the most.

Eh, that requires judgement. And with all of the GMs actually being very into the draft (this is a draft forum afterall,) I fully expect everyone to want 90,000 UDFAs and have reasons for them all.

I remember once, after a regular mock draft, we created a thread where you could just claim any UDFA, one per post. Then, after at least 5 other people posted, you could post again claiming another until we had like 8 or 10. That was actually kind of fun but difficult to keep track of, and anyone who wasn't there at the time got screwed.

I want to include it in the last round of free agency somehow. Maybe something like you include a list of up to 15 UDFAs you want. If you list a guy at #1 and no one else lists him there, he's yours. If two people list him at #1, the one who had the higher draft pick gets him.

some of you guys are douches for over paying for some of the giants role players and backups. for realsies

I knew you'd be pissy about losing Grant, haha. You came within one player of losing McKinnie like 3 times as well, so just be glad you go thim.

This happens to the champs usually...suddenly all of their players get inflated value and jump ship.

SuperPacker
02-21-2012, 11:46 AM
Someone paid AJ Hawk a Quality deal...

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

SuperPacker
02-21-2012, 11:49 AM
I have loads of draft picks and already a big enough roster so i wont be going into the UDFA market. Im guessing they wont cost anything against the cap right?

BeerBaron
02-21-2012, 11:50 AM
No, not at all.

zachsaints52
02-21-2012, 11:50 AM
Eh, that requires judgement. And with all of the GMs actually being very into the draft (this is a draft forum afterall,) I fully expect everyone to want 90,000 UDFAs and have reasons for them all.

I remember once, after a regular mock draft, we created a thread where you could just claim any UDFA, one per post. Then, after at least 5 other people posted, you could post again claiming another until we had like 8 or 10. That was actually kind of fun but difficult to keep track of, and anyone who wasn't there at the time got screwed.

I want to include it in the last round of free agency somehow. Maybe something like you include a list of up to 15 UDFAs you want. If you list a guy at #1 and no one else lists him there, he's yours. If two people list him at #1, the one who had the higher draft pick gets him.

I knew you'd be pissy about losing Grant, haha. You came within one player of losing McKinnie like 3 times as well, so just be glad you go thim.

This happens to the champs usually...suddenly all of their players get inflated value and jump ship.

But thats the thing, we are looking to make the best 54 man roster we can once the draft is done (Now that only crap FAs are left) Im saying if a team has only 1 DT (me) and only drafts 1 (or even two) I should have priority over a guy who has 4 already. Its not like we are going to do a TC or anything, and do cuts, so give everyone a chance to complete their roster.

Someone paid AJ Hawk a Quality deal...

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

You offered a 2nd round pick for Aaron Maybin....

killxswitch
02-21-2012, 11:52 AM
He was an RFA with a 4th round tender. I had been skipping over RFAs that were on people's lists unless they specifically noted they wanted him (like the Bills pointed out their guy was right to match only and the Packers said they were willing to give up a 2nd for him.)

Because soooooooo many RFAs were on guys lists the first time through (Webb Webb Webb Webb Webb) and I had to point out to a good half dozen people at least that a guy they wanted was an RFA and would require something in return, at which point they all said no thanks.

So if you are willing to risk the 4th for Hill, I'll make a post about it.

Somehow missed he was restricted. My bad. No I"ll keep the 4th.

scottyboy
02-21-2012, 11:52 AM
oh i'm really pumped I kept McKenzie. Grant, eh. it sucks. can't blame him for taking a mid offer. same with Rocky

draftguru151
02-21-2012, 11:53 AM

I've seen a draft system used where everyone gets the same amount of points and bids on players and whoever bids the most gets that player, but they lose those points. It kinda goes with the ranking system, but a bit more differentiation between teams. Say someone goes undrafted, and every team gets 50 points for UDFA, one team can have him #1 at 25 points, but another can have him #1 at 45 points. But the guy that bid 45 points only has 5 points to spend on other UDFAs. It might take 2/3 rounds to do, but it's relatively simple and it will make the teams that really want certain UDFAs get them.

ATLDirtyBirds
I liked a lot of my low risk-high reward moves (Steve Smith, Tamme, and Trufant) but if the Falcons FA goes like this IRL, I would not be overly pleased. Fortunately, I expect the real life Falcons to be closer to 40 mil of free cap and can make a bigger splash.

SuperPacker

And then PM'ed BB saying i didnt want him for a second round pick.

OSUGiants17
02-21-2012, 11:54 AM

Hahaha did he really? I rather let Casey Anthony and Jerry Sandusky adopt a kid together than have my team give up a 2nd rounder for Maybin

SuperPacker
02-21-2012, 12:10 PM
Draft pick #28 is on the block if anyone wants to trade up into the first round.

redbills
02-21-2012, 12:13 PM
Buffalo might be willing to deal 10 durrining draft, looking for just picks.

jrdrylie
02-21-2012, 12:15 PM
Was that pick of Andrew Luck that killxswitch made a little while ago legitimate, or does it need to made in an official picks thread?

BeerBaron
02-21-2012, 12:17 PM
He'll need to officially make it when I get the thread up.

SuperPacker
02-21-2012, 12:18 PM
Was that pick of Andrew Luck that killxswitch made a little while ago legitimate, or does it need to made in an official picks thread?

Well he's picking first so it doesnt really matter. We all knew he was picking Luck anyway. The clock wont start until 8am tomorrow so you dont have to worry about missing your pick or anything.

Unbiased
02-21-2012, 12:20 PM
One thing to consider...Teams who are banking on the daft starting later on won't be able to trade up in the top 10 if they were planning on doing so. And conversely, teams who are here who have a high pick won't have as many possible trading partners. Just a thought.

BeerBaron
02-21-2012, 12:32 PM
What is the site that reasonably accurately predicts comp picks?

SuperPacker
02-21-2012, 12:34 PM
http://www.mockingthedraft.com/2012/1/6/2686334/2012-compensatory-draft-pick-predictions

This is one of the ones i've seen posted in a thread here.

fenikz
02-21-2012, 12:43 PM
Couple of suprises to be honest with the FA's, most notably Reggie Wayne. I thought Meachem was promised the #2 WR in Zona? Does that mean he is now frustrated after being pushed back down to #3, while teams offered him to be a actual starter?

Meachem will start opposite of Fitz in 2 WR sets and move inside for 3 and 4 WR sets

Go_Eagles77
02-21-2012, 12:44 PM
I'm extremely pleased with the way my offseason has gone so far. Pretty much traded DeSean Jackson for Vincent Jackson plus got an extra 1st in the process. Lost out on Evan Mathis but got a few quality O-Lineman, plus my LB core looks much better already with AJ Hawk and Larry Grant.

BeerBaron
02-21-2012, 12:49 PM
Now wait, I'm calling BS on that list because the Bears get nothing for Daniel Manning? I have to figure they get at least a 4th. We didn't really sign jack ****.

And fixing that list is tedious...why in the ******* hell can't some site have an easily copy/pastable full 7 round order with the picks numbered individually (not 1-32 every round) and without the records?

Someone find me one of those because work is keeping me busy. I put off too much to get the signings done this morning.

SuperPacker
02-21-2012, 12:49 PM
I'm extremely pleased with the way my offseason has gone so far. Pretty much traded DeSean Jackson for Vincent Jackson plus got an extra 1st in the process. Lost out on Evan Mathis but got a few quality O-Lineman, plus my LB core looks much better already with AJ Hawk and Larry Grant.

I thought the Ravens got him. Anyway, he is definitely not an upgrade, he got outplayed by DJ Smith and Robert Francois, one is a 6th round rookie and one was a practise squad player who was on the team for special teams only.

In 14 games last year Hawk had 0 INTs, 0 FFs and 1 sack. In two games last year DJ Smith had a FF and Francois had 2 INTs.

SuperPacker
02-21-2012, 12:52 PM
Now wait, I'm calling BS on that list because the Bears get nothing for Daniel Manning? I have to figure they get at least a 4th. We didn't really sign jack ****.

And fixing that list is tedious...why in the ******* hell can't some site have an easily copy/pastable full 7 round order with the picks numbered individually (not 1-32 every round) and without the records?

Someone find me one of those because work is keeping me busy. I put off too much to get the signings done this morning.

Maybe because you didnt make a net loss in free agency? I dont know how it works.

I'll have a look through some sites and see what i find.

zachsaints52
02-21-2012, 12:58 PM
Meachem will start opposite of Fitz in 2 WR sets and move inside for 3 and 4 WR sets

That's cool, I offered same money and #1 WR in a prolific offense. Plus he is from NOLA. Idk, I'm just sour bc in my mind I've lost out on my main FAs And don't understand why they didn't come.

SuperPacker
02-21-2012, 01:03 PM
This is the best site i've found for all the picks but it doesnt have compensatory picks. It has the conditions of every trade etc.

http://www.prosportstransactions.com/football/DraftTrades/Years/2012.htm

I cant find another decent one for compensatory picks.

BeerBaron
02-21-2012, 01:05 PM
I guess I'll just make one from scratch when I get home or something.

jrdrylie
02-21-2012, 01:08 PM

The Bears signed Sam Hurd, Matt Spaeth, Chris Spencer, and Sam Hurd. They lost Brad Maynard, Olin Kreutz, Josh Bullocks, Devin Aromashodu, Rashied Davis, and Manning.

Chris Spencer vs. Olin Kreutz: Spencer got a deal worth about a million more per year. He played more than Kreutz and Kreutz actually retired so the Bears are a definite net gain considering this.

Adam Podlesh vs. Brad Maynard: I couldn't find the numbers of their contracts, but I'm sure Podlesh got more. Maynard was cut at the beginning of the season while Podlesh played all season. Another net gain.

Sam Hurd vs. Rashied Davis: They both were equally ineffective. Neither was paid much but I think Hurd got paid more (especially if you include the cocaine money)

Josh Bullocks was cut after training camp and Aromashodu was mediocre. Manning was the only player that the Bears lost who made any impact whatsoever but it is weighed out by the net gain the Bears got from the Spencer and Podlesh signings. They will be lucky to get a 6th or 7th for Manning.

BeerBaron
02-21-2012, 01:09 PM
Mehhhhhhh....I'd feel more comfortable if that article at least mentioned the Bears as a team even one time, explaining what you explained.

ChiFan24
02-21-2012, 01:15 PM

I don't get the Barber hate. I mean, I get being pissed off at him for costing us the Broncos game, but why does that mean we let him go? Physically, I thought he looked fantastic in a change of pace/short yardage role. Factor in the fact that Forte is pathetic in short yardage, and it was a pretty easy decision at the vet minimum.

Also, pretty psyched that I got Ayanbadejo and Spencer back at the vet minimum.

jrdrylie
02-21-2012, 01:32 PM
I don't get the Barber hate. I mean, I get being pissed off at him for costing us the Broncos game, but why does that mean we let him go? Physically, I thought he looked fantastic in a change of pace/short yardage role. Factor in the fact that Forte is pathetic in short yardage, and it was a pretty easy decision at the vet minimum.

Also, pretty psyched that I got Ayanbadejo and Spencer back at the vet minimum.

My hate for Barber is three-fold:

1). He blew the Broncos game not once but twice. And they weren't minor mistakes that could happen to anybody. The mistakes were complete boneheaded plays that no player beyond high school junior varsity should make.

2). He offers nothing else besides short yardage. He has no speed. He isn't a receiver out of the backfield. He isn't that good of a pass blocker either. So basically he is a short yardage back who, if Matt Forte does down to injury, is absolutely worthless.

3). They could get similar (or better) results from a younger player who offers more versatility and upside. Vick Ballard, Boom Herron, and Robert Turbin could all be had for a mid round pick. Guys like Marc Tyler are available in the late rounds. And then there are boom-or-bust guys like Bryce Brown and Darrell Scott that could also be found in the late rounds. I'm sure one of these guys could be just as good at picking up 3rd-1 situations but not be completely worthless otherwise.

redbills
02-21-2012, 01:43 PM

Buffalo is going to get something for Poz and Whitner.

diabsoule
02-21-2012, 01:47 PM
I'm liking what I've done with the Titans so far:

Free agents signed
LB Curtis Lofton
DE Will Smith
DT Anthony Hargrove
CB Stanford Routt
S Gibril Wilson
S Charlie Peprah
C Todd McClure
OG Steve Hutchinson
WR Josh Morgan

Re-Signed
QB Matt Hasselbeck
DL Jason Jones (franchise)
C Chuck Amato
S Jonathan Babineaux
LB Tim Shaw

Traded For
RB Pierre Thomas

A Perfect Score
02-21-2012, 01:48 PM
Ravens had a huge FA haul. Really stoked for some of the guys we brought in.

Go_Eagles77
02-21-2012, 01:51 PM

This is what I've been using:
http://www.draftsite.com/nfl/mock-draft/2012

I thought the Ravens got him. Anyway, he is definitely not an upgrade, he got outplayed by DJ Smith and Robert Francois, one is a 6th round rookie and one was a practise squad player who was on the team for special teams only.

In 14 games last year Hawk had 0 INTs, 0 FFs and 1 sack. In two games last year DJ Smith had a FF and Francois had 2 INTs.

1. He's gonna be in a 4-3 defense, which is definitely where he always should have been.

2. Yes, he's an upgrade over what the eagles had at LB this past season.

BeerBaron
02-21-2012, 01:53 PM
Ravens had a huge FA haul. Really stoked for some of the guys we brought in.

Getting Benson was a steal. He has worn down the last 3 years but getting like 25% of the carries he normally gets spelling Rice should help him out.

If I hadn't resigned Michael Bush to the Raiders already, he would have been the next target.

Matthew Jones
02-21-2012, 01:57 PM
A free agency recap for New England has been posted in the media thread!

ChiFan24
02-21-2012, 01:59 PM
My hate for Barber is three-fold:

1). He blew the Broncos game not once but twice. And they weren't minor mistakes that could happen to anybody. The mistakes were complete boneheaded plays that no player beyond high school junior varsity should make.

2). He offers nothing else besides short yardage. He has no speed. He isn't a receiver out of the backfield. He isn't that good of a pass blocker either. So basically he is a short yardage back who, if Matt Forte does down to injury, is absolutely worthless.

3). They could get similar (or better) results from a younger player who offers more versatility and upside. Vick Ballard, Boom Herron, and Robert Turbin could all be had for a mid round pick. Guys like Marc Tyler are available in the late rounds. And then there are boom-or-bust guys like Bryce Brown and Darrell Scott that could also be found in the late rounds. I'm sure one of these guys could be just as good at picking up 3rd-1 situations but not be completely worthless otherwise.

Well I don't really believe in getting rid of a guy based on past mistakes....either he's good enough to be on the team or not. Hopefully he learns from the Broncos game, but I'm not gonna hold it against him.

I think he's a nice change of pace from Forte and if he goes down; Bell. Either way, we need the short yardage help. When he came in against Oakland, for example, I thought he looked better running the ball than Forte. He was the kind of runner we needed in that situation.

And I don't disagree about the draft. If I like a guy's value, I can take him and cut Barber. It's just the vet minimum.

zachsaints52
02-21-2012, 02:04 PM
I just think the Vet Minimums deminished a lot of it. Teams getting 6+ at vet minimums is pretty crazy, especially since it just took away from round 3.

SuperPacker
02-21-2012, 02:05 PM
1. He's gonna be in a 4-3 defense, which is definitely where he always should have been.

2. Yes, he's an upgrade over what the eagles had at LB this past season.

Yeah he may be suited better for the 4-3 but hes still the same below average player that deserves a low level contract at best. He got abused in coverage all year, his instincts were poor and he made no impact plays.

SuperPacker
02-21-2012, 02:06 PM
I just think the Vet Minimums deminished a lot of it. Teams getting 6+ at vet minimums is pretty crazy, especially since it just took away from round 3.

what he said. veteran minimums could of come into play after the draft.

Go_Eagles77
02-21-2012, 02:06 PM
Yeah he may be suited better for the 4-3 but hes still the same below average player that deserves a low level contract at best. He got abused in coverage all year, his instincts were poor and he made no impact plays.

He won't be asked to cover, Jamar Chaney/Casey Matthews/Brian Rolle are all good nickel guys.

A Perfect Score
02-21-2012, 02:08 PM
Getting Benson was a steal. He has worn down the last 3 years but getting like 25% of the carries he normally gets spelling Rice should help him out.

If I hadn't resigned Michael Bush to the Raiders already, he would have been the next target.

I really like the Ahmad Brooks signing as well, he'd be perfect to play across from Suggs. Was really hoping we'd be able to bring in AJ Hawk too, but we had limited cash to sign him with. Jason Brown is a really talented young guy too, just had a rough go in St Louis, so we're hoping he'll be back in form in a return to Baltimore. Plus, getting Redding back at vet minimum was great, he's played so well the last few years.

SuperPacker
02-21-2012, 02:09 PM
He won't be asked to cover, Jamar Chaney/Casey Matthews/Brian Rolle are all good nickel guys.

He's a guy that you would have as depth and maybe a starter if your linebackers are as bad as the eagles, but im just saying giving him a quality deal was crazy.

ChiFan24
02-21-2012, 02:12 PM

We're being more strict with the salary cap than would actually be the case in real life what with restructuring/backloading/guaratneed money; I think the vet minimum thing kind of cancels that out. So it's fine, IMO.

zachsaints52
02-21-2012, 02:14 PM
We're being more strict with the salary cap than would actually be the case in real life what with restructuring/backloading/guaratneed money; I think the vet minimum thing kind of cancels that out. So it's fine, IMO.

Well, me personally, I didnt wanna offer a lot of low offers, because I wanted to get my big guys first. I guess its all in how you word it in your FA bids, but I didnt wanna spend an hour+ on a bid sheet because I figured there was three rounds with players in each. Id rather wait and see about the main guys that round, then go after others and offer lower contracts, except with players I like. Just seems like the last round is a waste now because those vet minimum guys where guys that wouldve been the main guys after the Draft.

ChiFan24
02-21-2012, 02:16 PM
BTW, I'm looking at my depth chart, and even if I substitute Bowe for a Wayne/Stevie/Coltson type, that is just pure sex. If everyone stays healthy, that could be the best D since our NFC championship team.

ChiFan24
02-21-2012, 02:18 PM
Well, me personally, I didnt wanna offer a lot of low offers, because I wanted to get my big guys first. I guess its all in how you word it in your FA bids, but I didnt wanna spend an hour+ on a bid sheet because I figured there was three rounds with players in each. Id rather wait and see about the main guys that round, then go after others and offer lower contracts, except with players I like. Just seems like the last round is a waste now because those vet minimum guys where guys that wouldve been the main guys after the Draft.

Yeah....I guess I did spend an inordinate amount of time bidding on lower level guys, so it didn't affect me as much.

ChiFan24
02-21-2012, 02:19 PM
ALSO....Bears could be looking to trade up in the 10-12ish range, depending on who's available.

BeerBaron
02-21-2012, 02:20 PM
Not a single one of the vet min guys I signed for the Raiders got another offer except Nakamura, and his was just as a backup choice.

I've learned a LOT of things this time through that I'll address and do differently next time around...if there is a next time around. I'm pretty exhausted from it and there's still the draft to do. I don't know that I'll always have the time and energy to run one of these every year.

zachsaints52
02-21-2012, 02:20 PM
Yeah....I guess I did spend an inordinate amount of time bidding on lower level guys, so it didn't affect me as much.

Yeah. Its just why take a vet minimum when after the draft you could get a low/possibly mid??

BeerBaron
02-21-2012, 02:21 PM
Furthermore, the guys I signed I justified in my post. A lot of them will be contributors so they aren't just VM camp fodder.

zachsaints52
02-21-2012, 02:21 PM
Not a single one of the vet min guys I signed for the Raiders got another offer except Nakamura, and his was just as a backup choice.

I've learned a LOT of things this time through that I'll address and do differently next time around...if there is a next time around. I'm pretty exhausted from it and there's still the draft to do. I don't know that I'll always have the time and energy to run one of these every year.

Im in no way criticizing you, your just putting players where they should go. I just am sour about my own actions. I should have probably went hours deep into each FA Bid and all. It was a real lackluster FA for the Saints.

ChiFan24
02-21-2012, 02:30 PM
Does anyone want to help me figure out why the image I set as my sig won't show up. Pretty sure it's no bigger than anyone else's.

SuperPacker
02-21-2012, 02:32 PM
Does anyone want to help me figure out why the image I set as my sig won't show up. Pretty sure it's no bigger than anyone else's.

you need to click on insert image and then copy the url of the image into the box. it should show up after that

killxswitch
02-21-2012, 02:33 PM
I'm not thrilled nor am I upset with the Colts FA period. I would've liked to get a better NT and I'm thinking now that I should've just franchised Mathis instead of signing him to an Elite deal.

If I could go back and make Antonio Garay or Aubrayo Franklin a bigger priority I would.

ChiFan24
02-21-2012, 02:33 PM
you need to click on insert image and then copy the url of the image into the box. it should show up after that

Right....still won't show up.

killxswitch
02-21-2012, 02:34 PM

Replace what you have in there with this: http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b300/chifan24/MJRoseFistbump.png

SuperPacker
02-21-2012, 02:35 PM
Right....still won't show up.

when you copy the url and put in the insert image box get rid of the 'http' bit that is already in it. that might be why.

Brothgar

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b300/chifan24/MJRoseFistbump.png

ChiFan24
Replace what you have in there with this: http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b300/chifan24/MJRoseFistbump.png

Rep for you sir.

CJSchneider
02-21-2012, 03:06 PM
I assume we will have an UDFA and re-signing period after the draft?

DiG
02-21-2012, 03:08 PM
cj - read back the last few pages...

CJSchneider
02-21-2012, 03:16 PM
It's been one of those days. Send me a PM with the link posted (yeah, I just asked that), I also would like to package 2 fifth round picks and a 7th for a mid round fourth. Total value of my picks is 66.3 points, PM me if interested.

DiG
02-21-2012, 03:26 PM
sent you a link that should help. already moving into the 4th? i like the planning ahead.

BeerBaron
02-21-2012, 03:28 PM
He'll trade into the 4th, send me a board with 3 names on it for that pick and get one who has good value at that pick and is still available.

Caddy
02-21-2012, 03:58 PM
Signings:

- Laron Landry
- Cortland Finnegan
- Dan Connor
- Mike Tolbert
- Ahmard Hall
- David Carr
- Trevor Laws
- Tim Jennings
- Brandon Keith
- Aaron Kampmann
- Joel Dreesen

OSUGiants17
02-21-2012, 04:00 PM
Signings:

- Laron Landry
- Cortland Finnegan
- Dan Connor
- Mike Tolbert
- Ahmard Hall
- David Carr
- Trevor Laws
- Tim Jennings
- Brandon Keith
- Aaron Kampmann
- Joel Dreesen

Well done good sir. Tolbert and Blount will be an interesting combination to say the least.

jrdrylie
02-21-2012, 04:15 PM
Nothing better than having two slow fat asses anchoring your rushing attack.

Caddy
02-21-2012, 04:25 PM
Nothing better than having two slow fat asses anchoring your rushing attack.

He might be slow, Blount can hit home runs! Just watch his beastly run against GB last season or against AZ as a rookie.

Docta
02-21-2012, 04:27 PM
I kinda low-balled Simpson and Nelson on purpose so I'd have a use for all these draft picks.

And are we going to do a supplemental draft also, or is it too hard to predict who those guys would be?

SuperPacker
02-21-2012, 04:27 PM
He might be slow, Blount can hit home runs! Just watch his beastly run against GB last season or against AZ as a rookie.

Yeah that run was horrible to watch. He must of bounced of about 6 guys in that run. It does help when you're playing against a team that cant tackle though.

zachsaints52
02-21-2012, 04:28 PM
I kinda low-balled Simpson and Nelson on purpose so I'd have a use for all these draft picks.

And are we going to do a supplemental draft also, or is it too hard to predict who those guys would be?

Its draft, UDFA, and Round 3 which I think would be the end of it.

SuperPacker
02-21-2012, 04:29 PM
Yeah, i highly doubt we will be doing a supplemental draft.

OSUGiants17
02-21-2012, 04:32 PM
I don't think we are gonna do a Supp Draft. But, a quick prediction, Landry Jones will enter the Supp Draft this year.

DeepThreat
02-21-2012, 04:33 PM
I don't think we are gonna do a Supp Draft. But, a quick prediction, Landry Jones will enter the Supp Draft this year.

Not allowed unless he gets in trouble/kicked off team.

Caddy
02-21-2012, 04:34 PM
I'm matching the Bills offer on Bennett, what do I do about it? Also why are they allowed to make an offer so late in the process? I'd assume by now Bennet would have signed...

SuperPacker
02-21-2012, 04:36 PM
I'm matching the Bills offer on Bennett, what do I do about it?

Tell BeerBaron

BeerBaron
02-21-2012, 04:37 PM
In real life, teams can sign RFAs right up until a week before the draft I believe. Also, see your PM.

OSUGiants17
02-21-2012, 04:37 PM

Really? I never really understood what the supplemental draft was :/. Dude is ****** then lol his stock is going to plummet this year.

Caddy
02-21-2012, 04:39 PM
In real life, teams can sign RFAs right up until a week before the draft I believe. Also, see your PM.

I'm just saying that in the initial post, there is a clear level of how things are being done. 1-2-3-4 etc hence why I feel cheated that this has happened so late in the process.

jrdrylie
02-21-2012, 04:42 PM

If he really wants to enter the Supplemental Draft, getting kicked off the team shouldn't be too difficult. Just find an agent. Openly hang out with him. Get some money from him. And be ruled ineligible.

zachsaints52
02-21-2012, 04:44 PM
If he really wants to enter the Supplemental Draft, getting kicked off the team shouldn't be too difficult. Just find an agent. Openly hang out with him. Get some money from him. And be ruled ineligible.

I wish I could do that and get kicked outta college :)

BeerBaron
02-21-2012, 04:45 PM
I'm just saying that in the initial post, there is a clear level of how things are being done. 1-2-3-4 etc hence why I feel cheated that this has happened so late in the process.

A team in real life could totally end up in that situation. The Steelers potentially face it with Mike Wallace if they only tender him and don't use the franchise tag.

I know, right? Why did he go back in the first place? He was losing red zone touches...as a quarterback. QBs are supposed to be some of the most competitive guys on the team and he should not have stood for that even once.

Could you imagine Tom Brady accepting that? Or Drew Brees or Peyton Manning? **** no. They'd give the coach a "not sure if serious" look and go right back in the game.

Caddy
02-21-2012, 04:46 PM
It's not worth making a big deal over. I can clear enough cap room if I need to!

jrdrylie
02-21-2012, 05:00 PM
I know, right? Why did he go back in the first place? He was losing red zone touches...as a quarterback. QBs are supposed to be some of the most competitive guys on the team and he should not have stood for that even once.

Could you imagine Tom Brady accepting that? Or Drew Brees or Peyton Manning? **** no. They'd give the coach a "not sure if serious" look and go right back in the game.

Andrew Luck accepted it. I heard a ton during the year that Andrew Luck was partially responsible for calling plays and Stanford used the Wildcat a few times a game. I'm surprised he put up with that crap.

But Landry going back this season was stupid. His stock definitely took a hit this season, but with so many crappy QBs in this league, he could have gone in the top-ten to a team like Washington or Miami. At the very worst, he would go in the mid-first round to Seattle or Cleveland. If you are a first round pick, you go.

redbills
02-21-2012, 05:10 PM
Was going to offer quality but didn't think you'd be able to clear enough cap for him at mid.

Brothgar
02-21-2012, 07:29 PM
My FA movements
Detroit Lions:
- OT Marcus McNiell - Mid
- OG Eric Steinbach - Mid
- S Brandon Merriweather - Low
- S Bob Sanders - Low
- LB Lofa Tatupu - Low
- OT Ryan O'Callaghan - VM
- OL Jonathan Scott - VM
- QB Drew Stanton - VM
- QB Tyler Thigpen - VM
- LB Bobby Carpenter - VM
- DT Shaun Ellis - VM
- RB Kevin Smith - VM

Cut
RT Goz
Some crappy RB

Unbiased
02-21-2012, 07:31 PM
Not much you could do. I like your group of O-linemen that you signed.

BeerBaron
02-21-2012, 09:06 PM
Draft order is about as good as I'm going to get it. Double check your team's picks including the ones traded here.

Clock starts at 8am est tomorrow. 2 hours for first round picks, one hour for the rest. Clock runs 8am-Midnight eastern.

Caddy
02-21-2012, 09:08 PM
I'm accepting all offers for the #5 overall pick. Keen to move down and I'm not asking anything outrageous.

redbills
02-21-2012, 09:18 PM
Draft order is about as good as I'm going to get it. Double check your team's picks including the ones traded here.

Clock starts at 8am est tomorrow. 2 hours for first round picks, one hour for the rest. Clock runs 8am-Midnight eastern.

I have GB 2nd.

Caddy
02-21-2012, 09:19 PM
Only bad thing about having the draft now, is some people will get screwed/benefited by the combine based on specific players boom/bust workouts.

BeerBaron
02-21-2012, 09:21 PM
Only bad thing about having the draft now, is some people will get screwed/benefited by the combine based on specific players boom/bust workouts.

Meh. I'm the wrong guy to talk to about that. I'm not one let combine performances change my opinions based on what I just watched guys do in actual games for the previous several years.

Bills/Packers pick is fixed.

Unbiased
02-21-2012, 09:21 PM
Yeah, some of these picks are going to look awful in April. A couple years back, I took Jarrett Brown, the WVU QB in the 3rd round. Didn't seem bad at the time.

Caddy
02-21-2012, 09:23 PM
Meh. I'm the wrong guy to talk to about that. I'm not one let combine performances change my opinions based on what I just watched guys do in actual games for the previous several years.

Bills/Packers pick is fixed.

Yeah but someone is likely to take Alshon in round one here, but if he ran a 4.9 the day after, they'd be pissed!

OSUGiants17
02-21-2012, 09:24 PM

Giants got pick 74 from the Bears in the Osi trade

Caddy
02-21-2012, 09:26 PM
Yeah, some of these picks are going to look awful in April. A couple years back, I took Jarrett Brown, the WVU QB in the 3rd round. Didn't seem bad at the time.

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/005/498/1300044776986.jpg

Unbiased
02-21-2012, 09:29 PM
http://i3.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/005/498/1300044776986.jpg

He was a mid round prospect up to the combine.

In that same draft Jevan Snead was the first pick of the 2nd round.

OSUGiants17
02-21-2012, 09:29 PM
You also get the opposite sometimes. A few years ago I took Brook Lopez at pick 2 over Michael Beasly and got more neg rep than breed. But now that pick looks smart. I just had a strange feeling Beasly would bust.

marshallb
02-21-2012, 10:44 PM

One things on the Vikings picks, the Redskins own the Vikings 6th round pick from the Donovan McNabb trade, and the Vikings own the Browns 6th round pick from the Jayme Mitchell trade a couple years ago. Here's a reputable source (http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/Notebook_Adrian_Peterson_recovering_Vikings_want_t o_use_Toby_Gerhart012512) confirming it, even quoting the Vikings GM on it:

General manager Rick Spielman confirmed the Vikings have two 2012 draft picks from other teams: a sixth-rounder they received from Cleveland in the September 2010 trade of Jayme Mitchell and a seventh-rounder they got as a giveback from New England in the Randy Moss deal.

That leaves them with eight picks, since they gave up their own sixth-rounder to Washington in the Donovan McNabb deal...

TheBoyWonder22
02-21-2012, 11:13 PM
Denver wants picks. For the right price, Elvis Dummervil can be had.

Brothgar
02-21-2012, 11:16 PM
Denver wants picks. For the right price, Elvis Dummervil can be had.

:o I want but can't has :(

ChiFan24
02-22-2012, 03:28 AM
You also get the opposite sometimes. A few years ago I took Brook Lopez at pick 2 over Michael Beasly and got more neg rep than breed. But now that pick looks smart. I just had a strange feeling Beasly would bust.

I <3 Breed.

BTW, just want to let everyone know that I love Mardi Gras. God bless this excuse for girls to be drunk on Tuesday.

Caddy
02-22-2012, 03:37 AM
He was a mid round prospect up to the combine.

In that same draft Jevan Snead was the first pick of the 2nd round.

We all knew Jarrett Brown would suck!

I remember when Jevan Snead was undrafted. Bucs fans were pretty happy that we were the team to sign him. :\

CJSchneider
02-22-2012, 05:32 AM
BTW, just want to let everyone know that I love Mardi Gras. God bless this excuse for girls to be drunk on Tuesday.

Laissez les bon temps rouler

BeerBaron
02-22-2012, 07:11 AM
So I have half of a trade for this pick, but I need the other team to send theirs.

jrdrylie
02-22-2012, 08:07 AM
I'm accepting all offers for the #5 overall pick. Keen to move down and I'm not asking anything outrageous.

You are accepting ALL offers for the #5 overall pick? Okay, I'll give you my 7th round pick for the 5th overall pick. Accept that ****!

draftguru151
02-22-2012, 08:16 AM
Caddy agreed to it I saw him!

BeerBaron
02-22-2012, 08:21 AM
So I need something to do between picks and periods of being busy at work. I was thinking I could write something like my Raiders write up for any teams interested. I don't want to promise to do it for ALL of the teams though, so I'll let people ask me if they want to see it done for theirs. It'll just give you an outside opinion on what someone thinks of your moves and roster situation.

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2867226&#post2867226

zachsaints52
02-22-2012, 08:22 AM
I already know mine sucks, so Id rather you not :P

killxswitch
02-22-2012, 08:24 AM
So I need something to do between picks and periods of being busy at work. I was thinking I could write something like my Raiders write up for any teams interested. I don't want to promise to do it for ALL of the teams though, so I'll let people ask me if they want to see it done for theirs. It'll just give you an outside opinion on what someone thinks of your moves and roster situation.

Go for it. I'm not thrilled with how FA went but I'd like an outsider's perspective.

jrdrylie
02-22-2012, 08:27 AM
I was going to do one for myself but my work might be somewhat busy today. So I wouldn't mind you doing it. It could be cool to get an outside perspective, talk about guys I might have missed out on or overpaid.

draftguru151
02-22-2012, 08:32 AM
I'd love to help you waste time by doing one for the Dolphins. :D

Hines
02-22-2012, 08:34 AM
Yeah, you could do one for the Steelers.

BeerBaron
02-22-2012, 08:59 AM
I'm going to give the Rams a little extra time since he sent his end of a trade but I have not heard from the other team involved. Both parties have been texted but no response yet...

If I have to, I'll pick for them at 10:30. Everyone knew when this was starting and I'm only giving him a little extra time because he did send in his end of a deal.

Shane P. Hallam
02-22-2012, 08:59 AM
I probably don't have time, but if you want to do one for the Chargers BB, feel free.

marshallb
02-22-2012, 09:13 AM
Alright, well depending on what happens with the Rams, I may have a deal worked out for the third pick, otherwise I'm leaving for class now, but I'll be back on once I get there.

BeerBaron
02-22-2012, 09:16 AM
Alright, well depending on what happens with the Rams, I may have a deal worked out for the third pick, otherwise I'm leaving for class now, but I'll be back on once I get there.

I have both ends of you guyses' deal. The Rams have 15 more minutes for me to either hear from the Browns or to make their pick.

fenikz
02-22-2012, 09:42 AM
I don't have deeps number anymore or I would of texted him but I'm sure he is at school

jrdrylie
02-22-2012, 09:43 AM
No trade for the #2 pick? That's crazy. Also BB, did you mean to put 2013 second round pick?

BeerBaron
02-22-2012, 09:45 AM
I don't have deeps number anymore or I would of texted him but I'm sure he is at school

I did text him but never got a response. The Rams sent their end really early this morning, so there was plenty of time for the Browns to send theirs.

No trade for the #2 pick? That's crazy. Also BB, did you mean to put 2013 second round pick?

There was supposed to be a pick...alas. And yeah, that should be next years pick. I'll fix it.

Nalej
02-22-2012, 09:47 AM
The Browns don't ever want to be good. Colt McCoy ftmfw!

killxswitch
02-22-2012, 09:47 AM
Browns are so screwed. Wow. You snooze you lose I guess.

jrdrylie
02-22-2012, 09:48 AM
I think Minnesota got off slightly worse on this trade. I think the actual price would probably have to include pick 39 instead of 70.

BeerBaron
02-22-2012, 09:49 AM
The Browns don't ever want to be good. Colt McCoy ftmfw!

Colt McCoy and Kevin Kolb....that is the blandest QB situation ever. They should have signed Pennington and they could have had a mediocre game manager gathering for the ages.

Nalej
02-22-2012, 09:50 AM
Lol @ that QB battle

BeerBaron
02-22-2012, 09:51 AM
I think Minnesota got off slightly worse on this trade. I think the actual price would probably have to include pick 39 instead of 70.

Probably, but meh. I'm not one to force people into using an outdated trade chart. I've always thought it was absurd how "expensive" those top picks are.

marshallb
02-22-2012, 09:52 AM

Honestly I couldn't really care less what the TVC says. I wasn't going to stay put at 3 after Kalil was taken and got something useful out of it.

fenikz
02-22-2012, 09:53 AM
He's learning useless **** in school instead of fantasy trading for RGIII

What an idiot

Nalej
02-22-2012, 09:54 AM
I'm in school right now too. Except I obviously have my priorities straight.

BeerBaron
02-22-2012, 09:56 AM
He's learning useless **** in school instead of fantasy trading for RGIII

What an idiot

That bastard!

I was thinking the other day about how I wish I could get paid to do stuff like this....and then I realized that I kind of am.

I'm really, really good at my job and we have a lot of down time built into our schedules anyway in case something goes wrong (if we're busy from start to finish on a normal day and then something goes wrong, we'll never catch up and clients will be PISSED) so I do a lot of this from work.

In a way, I am getting paid for running this. Sweet.

Go_Eagles77
02-22-2012, 09:59 AM
I'm a computer lab monitor at my school so sometimes I get paid to just dick around on the internet. It's awesome.

BeerBaron
02-22-2012, 10:02 AM
I'm a computer lab monitor at my school so sometimes I get paid to just dick around on the internet. It's awesome.

I had a friend with that job who tried to get me in while I was in school, but my schedule never matched up with what they needed. My senior year, I only had class on Tuesdays and Thursdays (and one on Monday during the one semester) but they already had all of their Mon-Weds-Fri shifts filled. It would have been a sweet gig to add some booze/weed/food money every week. Alas....

fenikz
02-22-2012, 10:05 AM
Damn you deep be here to pick! Also don't be have having a brain aneurysm or something

killxswitch
02-22-2012, 10:06 AM
Computer lab monitor always seemed like the best job in college. Except I'd never want to be the overnight monitor, heard to many stories of awkward public porn watching that required threats of calling the cops.

marshallb
02-22-2012, 10:06 AM

If you'd be willing to do this for the Vikings, I'd be interested in hearing what you think.

Brothgar
02-22-2012, 10:07 AM

DO Want!!!!!!!!!

BeerBaron
02-22-2012, 10:09 AM
Computer lab monitor always seemed like the best job in college. Except I'd never want to be the overnight monitor, heard to many stories of awkward public porn watching that required threats of calling the cops.

Ours was only open until 10pm luckily. The most work you had to do was help someone having trouble with the printer or occasionally rent out camera equipment for the video and photography classes. My friend just did her homework, read books and screwed around on the internet.

Go_Eagles77
02-22-2012, 10:13 AM
It may literally be the easiest job in the world (my school doesn't have overnight labs, so don't gotta worry about all that).
The only serious issue I've had working here for 2 years was when someone was printing too many pages and I ended up getting in an argument with them about how they're wasting paper. 95% of the time I'm on the internet or doing my school work (which is mostly doing awesome stuff with adobe software)

jrdrylie
02-22-2012, 10:13 AM

During college a I played Mario Kart 64 in the game room a few times a week. One day, in the middle of the day when the game room is packed, this guy sits behind us and watches us play for a few minutes. We ask him if he wants to join and he says no, he has something he needs to do. A few minutes later we hear moaning and screaming. We turn around and this guy is watching hard core porn on his computer. This wasn't your normal porn or girl-on-girl stuff. It was straight up dominatrix stuff he was watching in a crowded public place on a Tuesday afternoon. Some people.

DiG
02-22-2012, 10:14 AM
Pretty happy with the Skins moves so far.

Cut
Moss
J. Brown
Doughty
OJ Atogwe
Sellers

Resigned
Kory Lightensteiger
London Fletcher
Adam Carriker
Will Montgomery
Keyaron Fox

Free Agency
Tyvon Branch
Marques Colston
Chris Myers
Eddie Royal
Barry Richardson
Matt Leinart
Kory Lichtensteiger
David Garrard

Drafted
RG3

fenikz
02-22-2012, 10:14 AM
It was boe

Always boe

DeepThreat
02-22-2012, 10:29 AM
Oh, I hate you Verizon. I didn't receive anything until like 10 minutes ago. :(

Caddy
02-22-2012, 10:33 AM
#5 is on the block. gogoggoggogo with offers

fenikz
02-22-2012, 10:37 AM
For as much **** AT&T gets its the only company in AZ that always works, Sprint is the worst and Verizon is iffy

DeepThreat
02-22-2012, 10:38 AM
For as much **** AT&T gets its the only company in AZ that always works, Sprint is the worst and Verizon is iffy

I usually have no issues. I don't know what happened. :(

draftguru151
02-22-2012, 10:39 AM
God didn't want you to have RG3.

fenikz
02-22-2012, 10:40 AM
Kolb v McCoy to the death

BeerBaron
02-22-2012, 10:45 AM
Kolb v McCoy to the death

Bland, bland, bland. Manila folder level bland. Plain yogurt level bland. Middle class white guy driving a Ford Focus bland. Family diner chicken and french fries bland. Cheap beer bland. Small breasted girl wearing a loose sweater bland.

Brothgar
02-22-2012, 10:51 AM
#5 is on the block. gogoggoggogo with offers

Do not want.

scottyboy
02-22-2012, 10:54 AM
Bb if you have time to kill and wanna do the giants that'd be swell. We didn't make too many moves though

BeerBaron
02-22-2012, 11:00 AM
Bb if you have time to kill and wanna do the giants that'd be swell. We didn't make too many moves though

Nah, teams just pickpocketed your players left and right. Grubby little fingers they all have...

The Giants are definitely looking a little worse for the wear. You lost your backup QB, cut one of your RBs, lost one of your WRs, have your top two TEs likely starting the year on the PUP list, have an aging o-line you didn't add anything to, traded away one of your pass rushers, lost one of your depth DTs, added Vilma as your big fix at MLB, lost your #2 and #3 CBs while adding only an injury prone one, and lost your veteran 3rd safety.

It's like your depth just got knee capped.

Nalej
02-22-2012, 11:01 AM
Nah, teams just pickpocketed your players left and right. Grubby little fingers they all have...

The Giants are definitely looking a little worse for the wear. You lost your backup QB, cut one of your RBs, lost one of your WRs, have your top two TEs likely starting the year on the PUP list, have an aging o-line you didn't add anything to, traded away one of your pass rushers, lost one of your depth DTs, added Vilma as your big fix at MLB, lost your #2 and #3 CBs while adding only an injury prone one, and lost your veteran 3rd safety.

It's like your depth just got knee capped.

sounds like an ideal offseason to me

#bitterpatsfan

Matthew Jones
02-22-2012, 11:06 AM
I'm in class for most of the day but I'll be keeping tabs on the draft. Looks good so far.

fenikz
02-22-2012, 11:06 AM
Andre Roberts on the block, don't feel it's fair to him to be reduced to 4th on the depth chart

BeerBaron
02-22-2012, 11:23 AM
Andre Roberts on the block, don't feel it's fair to him to be reduced to 4th on the depth chart

You realize that if you're on the same roster as Peyton Manning and have a number starting with a "1" or and "8", he will be throwing you the ball at some point, right?

Shane P. Hallam
02-22-2012, 11:25 AM
I may be interested fenikz