PDA

View Full Version : BeerBaron's Forum Offseason Discussion Thread! 2013 Draft Ongoing!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14

A Perfect Score
02-22-2012, 10:09 PM
Posted backwards BB, it is the Ravens who get #31. Pick will be up shortly.

Unbiased
02-22-2012, 10:09 PM
BB, I think you switched the Ravens and Pats in the trade thread. Pats already had #31

Matthew Jones
02-22-2012, 10:10 PM
I'm beginning to wish I hadn't given Scotty Alex Silvestro as a show of good faith.

OSUGiants17
02-22-2012, 10:11 PM
i'm sorry I didn't consult you on the trade. I panicked. We have pick 201 as a comp pick anyway :)

I don't care it's a 6th rounder and we got 2 of em back to back. Now we get to have Nicks and Nicks Jr. on the outside with Cruz in the slot. So sexy

scottyboy
02-22-2012, 10:11 PM
I'm beginning to wish I hadn't given Scotty Alex Silvestro as a show of good faith.

I love you but you know I had to do that. A leap frog was in order. I knew when the Ravens picked Alshon we had to nab Sanu.

Matthew Jones
02-22-2012, 10:12 PM
It's cool, I may never be able to comprehend the depths of your love for Sanu but I can try to understand. Maybe I can cash in next year.

Caddy
02-22-2012, 10:15 PM
Trading for future firsts is dumb in this. People are willing to throw them away so much more when it means nothing.

Nalej
02-22-2012, 10:18 PM
Trading for future firsts is dumb in this. People are willing to throw them away so much more when it means nothing.

It's a realistic move from the Pats. I don't have a problem with it.

BeerBaron
02-22-2012, 10:19 PM
The Ravens have 10 minutes to pick then I'm going to bed. Will pick back up with clock and trades and things in the morning.

Caddy
02-22-2012, 10:19 PM
It's a realistic move from the Pats. I don't have a problem with it.

I didn't say it wasn't. But don't expect people to be impressed.

marshallb
02-22-2012, 10:20 PM
Posted backwards BB, it is the Ravens who get #31. Pick will be up shortly.

god dammit APS. Pick already. Some of us have to get up in the morning and would like to get our picks in.

Matthew Jones
02-22-2012, 10:21 PM
I just didn't see a wide disparity in talent between the first and second rounds and there was no one who really stood out, so rather than picking just for the sake of making a pick, I figured I'd make the best move available in terms of value.

vidae
02-22-2012, 10:21 PM
APS, the ruiner of all things fun.

Nalej
02-22-2012, 10:22 PM
I didn't say it wasn't. But don't expect people to be impressed.

Not sure how to respond besides... so?
I'm never impressed when the Pats trade back and into the future a million times but it still happens.
I like that MJ is trying to make this as authentic as he thinks it'll be regardless if others are doing the same.

marshallb
02-22-2012, 10:23 PM
The Ravens have 10 minutes to pick then I'm going to bed. Will pick back up with clock and trades and things in the morning.

Did Colts leave a board? I think I remember him saying he would do that. If so, you should leave that with someone.

Caddy
02-22-2012, 10:23 PM
DG and I just agreed a trade for my next pick.

<DG> how about 42 and 8 future firsts
<caddy> DEAL
<caddy> :D
<DG> yay

Go_Eagles77
02-22-2012, 10:24 PM
I'll have my pick up shortly after APS.

TACKLE
02-22-2012, 10:25 PM
pick will be up momentarily.

BeerBaron
02-22-2012, 10:31 PM
Did Colts leave a board? I think I remember him saying he would do that. If so, you should leave that with someone.

You drew the honor since you'll need his pick to be made before you can make yours.

And Ravens, I grow weary. What are you doing? Looking for the perfect picture or something?

A Perfect Score
02-22-2012, 10:32 PM
It's a heated debate between 2 players. This is what happens when you have Co-GMs. We are just posting the pick now though.

marshallb
02-22-2012, 10:33 PM
You drew the honor since you'll need his pick to be made before you can make yours.

And Ravens, I grow weary. What are you doing? Looking for the perfect picture or something?

I'll post his pick as soon as Eagles pick who has to wait on Ravens...

Go_Eagles77
02-22-2012, 10:33 PM
Pick is up.

marshallb
02-22-2012, 10:34 PM
Colts pick is going up now.

BeerBaron
02-22-2012, 10:35 PM
Colts pick is going up now.

It's the Rams turn first yanno...

Caddy
02-22-2012, 10:37 PM
Are the Rams online?

draftguru151
Last few picks have been lulztastic.

marshallb
It's the Rams turn first yanno...

My bad. I forgot about the rotating picks. Haha...

EDIT: I'm gonna go take a shower and then wait up a bit longer for the Rams to pick, otherwise I'm going to bed and will check in at 8 ET when the clock starts.

Go_Eagles77
02-22-2012, 10:41 PM
Hightower is a great fit at MLB for the eagles in the Wide 9. I needed a guy who can shed blocks and tackle downhill - he could greatly improve the eagles D.

Caddy
02-22-2012, 10:42 PM
Everyone should leave a board so I can pick!

marshallb
02-22-2012, 10:42 PM
Hightower is a great fit at MLB for the eagles under the Wide 9. I needed a guy who can shed blocks and tackle downhill - he could greatly improve the eagles D.

I like that pick, but then again I'm higher than most on Hightower.

killxswitch
02-22-2012, 10:44 PM
Let's give the Rams another tackle.

Also, I am online and will be in the morning so don't use my board. I think it is probably good but I want to make my own pick dammit.

Go_Eagles77
02-22-2012, 10:51 PM
I like that pick, but then again I'm higher than most on Hightower.

I think most people see him as strictly a 3-4 ILB (which may be what DG was referring to being lulztastic) but like I said, I need a guy who can shed blocks. A certain other over-rated LB would get destroyed behind a Jim Washburn DL.

scottyboy
02-22-2012, 10:52 PM
Last few picks have been lulztastic.

You best not be talking about mine!

jrdrylie
02-22-2012, 10:53 PM
I really don't get the selection of Lamar Milled by Baltimore. Cam Cameron doesn't give Rice enough carries as is. I don't see how drafting a running back helps the team one bit.

Unbiased
02-22-2012, 10:56 PM
Probably just saw an opportunity to get the #1 guy on their board. Maybe they thought he was head and shoulders, knees and toes above the rest of the prospects available.

draftguru151
02-22-2012, 10:56 PM
I think most people see him as strictly a 3-4 ILB (which may be what DG was referring to being lulztastic) but like I said, I need a guy who can shed blocks. A certain other over-rated LB would get destroyed behind a Jim Washburn DL.

Moreso talking about the Ravens/Pats thing then the Colts/Rams thing and yea kinda Scotty too.

scottyboy
02-22-2012, 10:57 PM
Moreso talking about the Ravens/Pats thing then the Colts/Rams thing and yea kinda Scotty too.

You're a jerk!
It was a need dammit! It just so happens we filled the need with pure sex

Go_Eagles77
02-22-2012, 10:58 PM
I really don't get the selection of Lamar Milled by Baltimore. Cam Cameron doesn't give Rice enough carries as is. I don't see how drafting a running back helps the team one bit.

They drafted Zach Brown at first then changed it after I made my pick. If BB doesn't have a problem with it that's fine, but I'm not sure it's the right move. A lot of times guys like Brown excel in 3-4 defenses (Lawrence Timmons/Navorro Bowman/Daryl Washington come to mind immediately).

jrdrylie
02-22-2012, 10:58 PM
Probably just saw an opportunity to get the #1 guy on their board. Maybe they thought he was head and shoulders, knees and toes above the rest of the prospects available.

Or they are planning on trading him like you did.

Unbiased
02-22-2012, 10:59 PM
They drafted Zach Brown at first then changed it after I made my pick. If BB doesn't have a problem with it that's fine, but I'm not sure it's the right move. A lot of times guys like Brown excel in 3-4 defenses (Lawrence Timmons/Navorro Bowman/Daryl Washington come to mind immediately).

Interesting. Baltimore isn't a strict 3-4 either. They show some different looks.

Unbiased
02-22-2012, 11:00 PM
Or they are planning on trading him like you did.

I didn't trade up. I can't imagine them trading up to secure a guy just to trade him to someone else. Not sure why you think that's the case.

jrdrylie
02-22-2012, 11:01 PM

I'm pretty sure changing a pick after the next team has already made their pick is not allowed.

jrdrylie
02-22-2012, 11:03 PM
I didn't trade up. I can't imagine them trading up to secure a guy just to trade him to someone else. Not sure why you think that's the case.

Yeah I didnt even notice they traded up. That just makes the selection even worse. They trade up to draft a backup running back on a team whose offensive coordinator has a serious disdain for the running aspect of the game.

Go_Eagles77
02-22-2012, 11:03 PM
I'm pretty sure changing a pick after the next team has already made their pick is not allowed.

BB allowed it, so I'm not gonna argue with it. I didn't want Brown or Miller anyway, so no harm no foul.

zachsaints52
02-22-2012, 11:09 PM
This is why some FAs should have waited for the round after FA. Now Cedric Benson is third RB on the team.

Go_Eagles77
02-22-2012, 11:17 PM
This is why some FAs should have waited for the round after FA. Now Cedric Benson is third RB on the team.

That's the way it works out in the NFL sometimes. Remember when the broncos had all those RBs then drafted Knowshon Moreno?

zachsaints52
02-22-2012, 11:23 PM
That's the way it works out in the NFL sometimes. Remember when the broncos had all those RBs then drafted Knowshon Moreno?

None of those guys had the seasons like Bensons had recently. Going from starter on a playoff team to 3rd string?

Matthew Jones
02-23-2012, 12:10 AM
Just gonna ride these next few picks out; no need to worry about me swooping in (at least not yet.) Draft responsibly.

Caddy
02-23-2012, 12:28 AM
Just gonna ride these next few picks out; no need to worry about me swooping in (at least not yet.) Draft responsibly.

lolwut? Nobody is worried...

TACKLE
02-23-2012, 12:29 AM
I switched the pick to Zach Brown. I feel like a bit of a jackass about this but truth be told, I totally overlooked the Cedric Benson signing. There was a little bit of a miscommunication there with us having two GM's. I'll take the responsibility for that. If you really want, you can switch it back but it's had no trickle down affect on any of the other picks as I know GE77 wanted Hightower anyway. Sorry for the minor inconvenience.

/unintentional forum mock trolling

Brothgar
02-23-2012, 12:31 AM
I wonder if Glenn can play Right tackle.

Matthew Jones
02-23-2012, 12:33 AM
Brown could be a nuisance in Baltimore but unfortunately Dean Pees isn't very creative in his defensive fronts. He's been coaching the 3-4 for over thirty years now and it shows.

ChiFan24
02-23-2012, 01:30 AM
Justification for my Joe Adams pick:

Joe Adams is Mike Wallace 2.0. I really can't stress that enough.

I completely botched the trade down scenario. I wanted Konz or Glenn at #27, and didn't even bother to check if New England was trading for one of them. The orginal plan was Konz or Glenn at #27 and a trade up into the 40's for Adams.

I already got a big possession receiver for Cutler in Bowe (or, as I am currently imagining, Stevie Johnson) as well as a couple other non-playmakers in Earl and Martellus Bennett. I wanted an explosive WR.

Knox is borderline crippled, and also kind of sucks.

Hester has a $10 million roster bonus due next season. Good to have punt return insurance just in case.

I've done literally everything I wanted this offseason, so I'm allowed one mild **** up. Screw you guys

vidae
02-23-2012, 02:03 AM
Who cares if Joe Adams was a reach? He's a player you love and every year there are reaches, take it from a Chiefs fan.

If you're happy he's on your team then be happy with your draft.

ChiFan24
02-23-2012, 02:08 AM
Who cares if Joe Adams was a reach? He's a player you love and every year there are reaches, take it from a Chiefs fan.

If you're happy he's on your team then be happy with your draft.

I'm a little disappointed I had to take him in the first since I'm pretty sure I could have had him a little later. Regardless, I'm more than happy to have him.

fenikz
02-23-2012, 04:50 AM
Anyone in the mid to late 2nd in need of a WR keep Andre Roberts and my 3rd in mind

Caddy
02-23-2012, 05:53 AM
I want to pick soon damnit. SKIP SKIP SKIP.

marshallb
02-23-2012, 07:05 AM
Vikings pick is up. **** Rams. God dammit.

DiG
02-23-2012, 07:12 AM
Pm me ASAP if you wanna move up. Skins pick next

killxswitch
02-23-2012, 07:35 AM
WTF happened to waiting til 8am EST?

BeerBaron
02-23-2012, 07:35 AM
I thought people might enjoy this. This was what I sent in when I was GM for the Jaguars the last time we did one of these full offseasons 3 years ago:

Team: Jacksonville Jaguars - BeerBaron

Team Transactions:
Traded: TE George Wrighster to Buffalo for DT John McCargo
Traded: 3rd round pick to St. Louis for WR Torry Holt and a 6th round pick
Traded: 1st round pick, 2nd round pick, 5th round pick and DE Paul Spicer to NY Jets for LT D'Brickashaw Fergusen, 1st round pick and 2nd round pick.
Cuts:
WR Troy Williamson
DT Jonathan Lewis
DT Atiyyah Ellison
WR Jerry Porter
CB Drayton Florence
HB Fred Taylor

Estimated Cap Space: (After Transactions)
~ $20 Million (estimated)

Goal of the Offseason: With Jack Del Rio returning as head coach after a very down year, it can be assumed that he is on the hot seat and that places the team into a win now mode. Some dead weight (Williamson, Porter, Florence, Taylor) was released to eliminate their base salaries off of the 2009 cap space to cover the additions of Holt and Ferguson. I'm hoping to resign two of my own key free agents (Meester and Sensabaugh) and am willing to do what it takes to bring them back. In addition, I'd like to find 1-2 more starters via FA at some areas of weakness plus a few veterans for depth. I then plan to use the draft to fill whatever positions I was unable to fill via FA.

Attached is my list of targeted free agent players, in order, according to position. On that page is also my reasoning for each player and position. If you have any trouble opening it, let me know and I'll copy it into another email.

Here is my heirarchy of targets:

Top 5 players: (I would strongly like to bring in any 2 of these 5, I will pursue them very, very strongly and would be willing to pay top dollar to get them)
1.) C Brad Meester
2.) SS Gerald Sensabaugh
3.) CB Ron Bartell
4.) MLB Channing Crowder
5.) DT Kedric Golston (RFA-Redskins)

Order of Positions: (If/when I manage to sign any two of the above players, this is the order of positions I'd like to address from the players on the attached Word Document. The higher up the position, the harder I would pursue.)
1.) Safety
2.) Center
3.) Wide Receiver
4.) Corner
5.) Veterans/Backups (identified in the attached document)

(The List)

Starting Center:
1.) Brad Meester (Jags)
- Meester is one of my own team’s free agents who I will be hardcore pursuing and trying to get back. He has spent his entire career in Jacksonville where he is a veteran leader and fan favorite. With much upheaval expected to come to the rest of the offensive line, keeping a veteran center with a lot of experience on the team is a must. He is currently 31 years of age and I would be willing to match most other reasonable contract offers to keep him here for the rest of his career…something like a 3-4 year deal would be ideal, but I’d be willing to do what it takes except for in the most ridiculous situations.

2.) Jason Brown (Ravens)
- Brown is a young and versatile center who I expect will receive a much bigger offer than what I’d want to give elsewhere. However, if I am unable to resign Meester and my other priority free agents fall through, Brown will become a target to be our starting center for years to come.

3.) Jeff Saturday (Indy)
- If I can’t resign Meester and Jason Brown receives a lot more money than I’d be willing to offer, I’ll then target another long time veteran center, this one from a division rival. The Colts just drafted something like 3 former centers in last years draft so theres a good chance they won’t be trying all that hard to bring Saturday back. He is 33 so I would offer something in the range of 2-3 years and he would be the veteran centerpiece of the offensive line.

2.) Eric Ghiacic (Cincy)
- If I fail to reel in any of the other 3 centers, I’ll set my sights to Ghiacic who struggles a bit with the Bengals would probably do much better here. He’s not an overpoweringly strong center and he struggled vs. the other teams in his division who all run the 3-4 scheme. In Jacksonville, he’ll face the smaller tackles that teams like Indy and Houston utilize maximizing his positive attributes. Since he is also younger, I’d be more willing to offer him a longer contract as well.

3.) Jake Grove (Raiders)
- If all other options are expired, I will turn my attention to signing Grove. While he was part of the Raiders o-line that struggled in recent years, he would be the best center on our roster if signed and would at least be a solid stop-gap solution until the position can be addressed later on. I’d want to sign him to a 2-3 year deal to start initially and at least provide depth later.

Starting Caliber Strong Safety:
1.) Gerald Sensabaugh (Jags)
- One of my own players that I would like to resign. He’s an up and coming youngster who really came on last year starting 13 games and making 70 tackles plus 4 picks. He and Reggie Nelson would make a very good safety tandem for years if Sensabaugh were to return to the team. At age 25, I’d be willing to give him a lengthy contract with a nice signing bonus to entice him to stay in town.

2.) Yeremiah Bell (Dolphins)
- If I am unable to retain Sensabaugh, Bell would be my next target. While he’s older (30) than several of the other guys I’m looking at, he’s coming off of a great year and he would be a perfect fit for our SS spot. He’s a sound tackler and excels playing near the line of scrimmage, which would be a perfect compliment to the centerfielding Reggie Nelson. I’d look to offer him a competitive 3-4 year deal, and he wouldn’t even have to leave the state of Florida.

3.) Jim Leonhard (Ravens)
- If I can’t bring back Sensabaugh or land Bell, then I turn my attention to Leonhard who plugged right into that terrific Ravens D and played well down the stretch. He doesn’t have ideal measurables or anything like that, so he will likely be cheaper than a lot of other FAs, but his play was very solid and he will provide a great option if the others don’t pan out.

4.) CC Brown (Texans)
- If top 3 targets at SS all escape me, I’ll make an effort to bring in CC Brown. Brown is still a younger player so I could justify giving him a longer deal with a little more money in it. He started nearly every game for the Texans from 05-07 before falling off the map in 08. I would bring him in to at least stimulate some competition at the SS spot.

5.) James Butler (Giants)
- If all of my other options for a top SS are out, I’ll target James Butler. He has been a key contributor in that strong Giants defense of recent years likely making him more expensive, but I’d give a good effort to sign him if my other options were expended.

Veteran Safety:
1.) Mike Brown (Bears)
- Brown is a great team leader and when healthy, was amongst the best safeties in the league. However, injuries plagued his career and even last season, he ended up being injured in the end. His days as a FS are likely over, but if he is brough in here, he can provide extremely valuable depth and veteran leadership on a defense that just lost its top leader (Mike Peterson.) The deal would likely be short but I’d be willing to be competitive to bring him into town. Something like a 2 year deal with a lot of playing time incentives.

2.) Darren Sharper (Vikings)
- If I can’t bring in Brown as veteran depth/competition for my secondary, I’ll set my sights on Sharper. I think he still has a lot to give and would definitely bring a veteran leader to the defense. He (and Brown too) could also be spot starters if I can’t bring in one of the bigger SS prospects I was targeting.

3.) Lawyer Milloy (Falcons)
- For another veteran safety presence should my other options fail, I would target Lawyer Milloy. He’s 35, but he has started all but one game in the past 4 seasons and was still playing at a fairly high level for a playoff team in Atlanta. He should be reasonably priced and I’d like to add him on a 1-2 year deal to help be a leader on defense and provide great depth/competition.

Starting Caliber Wide Receiver:
1.) Nate Washington (Steelers)
- After adding Torry Holt and dumping the failures that were Williamson and Porter, I would like to add a talented young receiver if at all possible. Washington has played very well out of the slot in recent years for the defending champs and he would be able to come in and compete with Matt Jones and Dennis Northcutt for the #2 spot across from Holt. He’s just 25 and has a good deal of potential, so I would be willing to be very competitive trying to bring him in offering him a 5 year deal at good #2 WR money.

2.) Shaun McDonald (Lions)
- McDonald, like Washington, is another top young slot receiver who could really come into his own in Jacksonville. He has been very productive and, like Washington, would be given an opportunity to compete for a starting job across from Holt. If I can’t land Washington, I would put a lot of effort into pursuing McDonald and would offer him a nice deal with good length and #2 WR type money.

3.) Jabar Gaffney (Pats)
- Gaffney is a little older than the other WRs I would pursue, but if I fail to land Washington or McDonald, he would be my next target at the position. He’s developed well as a #3 target behind Moss and Welker in NE and he would be given an opportunity to start in Jacksonville across from Holt. I wouldn’t be willing to give up quite as much as I would for Washington or McDonald, but I’d still pursue him strongly if I couldn’t get one of those first two.

4.) Mike Furrey (Lions)
- If I fail to nab any of my first 3 targets at WR, I would heavily pursue Mike Furrey then. He had a great year leading the NFC in catches a few years back, but the career killer that is the Detroit Lions brought him down last season. I’d still be willing to give him a shot to compete for the #2 or #3 job in Jacksonville at a reasonable salary.

Veteran Wide Receiver:
1.) Joe Jurevicious (Browns)
- Regardless of whether I get one of the starting caliber WRs I’m targeting, I will extend a modest offer Jurevicious. He has long been one of my favorite players and he tends to have a great positive effect on every team he’s with. (3 of his teams made Superbowls: NYG, TB, SEA) He could come in and compete and help teach the youngsters on offense how real players should handle themselves.

Corner:
1.) Ronald Bartell (Rams)
- A starting corner is a must to play across from Rashean Mathis and Bartell could be that. Coming from the woeful Rams, he should be much cheaper than counterparts at the same position like Bryant McFadden or Kelvin Hayden. However, he possesses some incredible physical tools like his size (6’1, 210) and is coming off of a year where he batted down a crazy good 19 passes. At only 26 years old, I’m willing to pay him very competitive money to come in and be our #2 corner, allowing Brian Williams to stay where he’s best in a nickel role.

2.) Jabari Greer (Bills)
- Like Bartell, Greer is another guy who isn’t as well known as some of the top corners, but he could be just as good. If unable to reel in Bartell, Greer becomes my top priority. I would offer him the chance to start across from Mathis and should help improve the secondary greatly.

3.) Dominique Foxworth (Falcons)
- Foxworth went into Atlanta early last season and performed very well. He’s only 25 and I would be willing to pay him a very competitive salary if I’m unable to bring in Bartell or Greer.

4.) Eric Green (Cards)
- Another top young FA corner who may fly a little lower under the radar. He has very good physical tools and I’d be willing to give him a competitive contract to get him in as the #2 CB to Mathis.

4.) Karl Paymah (Broncos)
- Paymah is another young corner with intriguing physical tools who I’d love to bring in. He’s played almost exclusively in a nickel role in Denver starting just 5 games in 4 years, but here, he would be given a chance to start and I’d pay him good money to come in and do so.

5.) Chris Johnson (Raiders)
- If I were to fail to bring in any of my top 6 young CB prospects, I would set my sights on Johnson who came on very well late last season for the Raiders including one game where he almost single handedly shut down Andre Johnson. He’s a little older (29) and has been a journeyman to date, but I’d give him a shot as our #2 corner if we can’t land any of our top 6 guys at the position.

Linebackers:
1.) Channing Crowder (Dolphins)
- With Mike Peterson on the outs, Daryl Smith stepped in and played capably at MLB. However, that position could still stand to be upgraded and Smith could slide back outside to provide a great running mate. Crowder wouldn’t even have to leave the state of Florida where he’s spent his entire college and pro career. He’s still young and would be a great defensive centerpiece for years to come. I’d be willing to offer him a very competitive 5 year deal. Plus, what middle linebacker wouldn’t like to spend several years of his career behind John Henderson soaking up blocks with a good young running mate in Daryl Smith?

2.) Jonathan Vilma (Saints)
- Like Crowder, Vilma could come in and upgrade the MLB spot allowing Daryl Smith to move back outside giving the team a good young LB duo to head forward with. If unable to land Crowder, I’d be willing to give Vilma a very similar type deal to bring him in to town. Around 5 years at a very competitive salary.

3.) Angelo Crowell (Bills)
- Crowell was injured for all of 2008 but given a chance, I think he could come in and play solid at OLB pairing with Smith. He’s still fairly young (27) and I would be willing to offer him a longer contract though one that is fairly incentive laden so he can prove he is over his injury.

4.) Bart Scott (Ravens)
- Scott, like Crowell, would come in as an OLB leaving Smith to stay in the middle. He would provide an instant upgrade there and would be a solid veteran presence to help bring along some of the other young guys at the position. I’d be willing to be competitive with his contract to try and bring him in if I can’t land my top 3 LBs.

5.) Kevin Burnett (Cowboys)
- Burnett is a young MLB who’s seen most of his work in spot duty for the Cowboys. I would bring him in to provide competition and depth at the MLB spot with him likely having that job and Daryl Smith moving back outside, giving the team a good young tandem at the position. And as always, Jacksonville is a good situation for a MLB to make an impact with John Henderson up front to play behind.

6.) Andra Davis (Cleveland)
- Davis is a little older than my previous targets, but he would still be able to come in and play several years having an impact. It would allow Smith to move outside and provide the team with a big thumper in the middle. I would probably give him a 3-4 year competitive deal to get him into town.

7.) Paris Lenon (Lions)
- If I fail to land any of my top 6 FA LBs, I will make a push to bring in Lenon. Yes, he just played on that terrible Lions defense but he would come in and create competition at the LB spot and at least be a quality depth player at the MLB spot. At 31, I wouldn’t be going overboard with a contract offer, but I’d be competitive to bring him in if I can’t get my top guys at this position.

Defensive Tackles:
1.) Kedric Golston (Redskins) RFA-Low Tender-6th round pick (#167)
- Golston is a good young DT who’s played a key role for the Redskins d-line in recent years, mostly as a rotational guy. Well, to get a player like this would be a major coup imo. The Redskins only tendered him a low tender meaning they’d only get compensation in the round he was selected in, which was the 6th round of the 06 draft. I would give him a very good contract that would make it difficult for the seemingly always cap strapped Redskins team to match. He would come in and be the immediate starter alongside John Henderson.

2.) Jovan Haye (Bucs)
- If I am unable to bring in Golston or the Redskins match my offer to him, I’ll set my sights on Haye. He is a good, penetrating UT type who should do very well next to big John Henderson eating blockers. I would be willing to be very competitive and offer him a nice deal to come into town.

3.) Shaun Cody (Lions)
- Cody is another Lions defender who’s talent may not have properly utilized with such a poor team round him. If my first two options at DT fail, I will turn my attention to Cody. Being that he’s quite a bit less proven than the guys in front of him, I would probably offer him a bit less money but he’s still a young guy and I’d still be willing to try fairly hard to bring him in.

4.) Tank Johnson (Cowboys)
- If my first 3 options at DT fall through, I will then make an offer to Tank Johnson. His liabilities with off the field trouble make him risky but if he doesn’t get much other interest and I can get him in fairly cheap, I would try to bring him into Jacksonville.

5.) Darrell Reid (Colts)
- Failing to get the other DTs, I would at least try and rob a division rival of one of their tackles. Reid is a smaller, quick penetrating DT who has seen a lot of work in rotation in Indy. He would come into a similar role here playing next to Henderson and rotating with the other players the position. He’s still a fairly young guy so I’d be willing to give him a little more money and a longer deal if need be to bring him into town.

Defensive End:
1.) Keneche Udeze (Vikings)
- Udeze is battling back from Leukemia and I think he’s worth taking a chance on by offering him a small contract with lots of playing time based incentives. He was a former first round pick with a lot of talent but his on the field time has been cut short due to his illness. He would be able to come in to Jacksonville and compete initially as part of a rotation and if all works out and he realizes his talent, he could become a stud down the line. Small risk but huge reward if all works out.

Backup Running Back:
1.) JJ Arrington (Cardinals)
- After cutting Fred Taylor, it leaves the team with only 2nd year player Chauncey Washington and two quasi-fullbacks backing up MJD. Arrington would be an excellent 3rd down back and backup option and I would be willing to pursue him quite a bit.

Ah, that was so long ago.....half of those guys are long gone from the league. Crazy how much changes in the 3 NFL years right?

BeerBaron
02-23-2012, 07:37 AM
WTF happened to waiting til 8am EST?

Caddy thought it was an hour later than it really was.

killxswitch
02-23-2012, 07:41 AM
Use this next time: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

Unbiased
02-23-2012, 08:16 AM
Pick is up. redskins are OTC.

Brothgar
02-23-2012, 08:29 AM
http://d.images.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/15080523.jpg

BeerBaron
02-23-2012, 08:31 AM
He had to go to work or something. I texted him.

scottyboy
02-23-2012, 08:33 AM
oooh, it seems BB is bored at work and we all get to benefit from it. HOORAY!

BeerBaron
02-23-2012, 08:37 AM
oooh, it seems BB is bored at work and we all get to benefit from it. HOORAY!

Today is "Meeting Thursday" for me. Named as such because I usually have 3 lengthy meetings. But the first one was canceled, so I have some extra time.

marshallb
02-23-2012, 08:42 AM
So, the Rams taking Randle screwed up my plans. I was hoping to take Randle or Sanu at 35 and then move back up into the 2nd for Zeitler or Osemele. Oh well, I'll make it work out. Like what I've done with the Vikings OL so far though, Reiff and Zeitler is a damn good duo.

And ouch BB. You knew as much as I did that if I didn't go elite on Porter I wouldn't have a chance at him, same would have went for any of the other good CB. It happened with WR, even with the couple guys I offered an overpay, someone else did as well and they chose that offer. As for Atogwe, you had him rated as a quality, so according to that I paid appropriately, and if I would have offered him a mid, he'd have waited until the second period and then taken any other quality/mid offer he got over mine then. It wasn't ideal, but I had the cap room and if I didn't do what I did I'd have still been sitting with the cap room and nothing at all to show for it.

Matthew Jones
02-23-2012, 08:55 AM
Now taking offers on the #48 overall pick. There are still a number of players I'd be interested in drafting there, but I'd like to have heard from some potential trade partners in advance just in case.

A Perfect Score
02-23-2012, 09:16 AM
Alshon Jeffery and Zach Brown is a hell of a first round. We're going all in this year! SUPER BOWL OR BUST!

Except now we don't pick until the third. Damn.

zachsaints52
02-23-2012, 09:17 AM
Alshon Jeffery and Zach Brown is a hell of a first round. We're going all in this year! SUPER BOWL OR BUST!

Except now we don't pick until the third. Damn.

Until Alshon runs a 4.7 and you jump off a bridge :P

BB, nice work on the media thread. I dont think you get enough credit for that.

A Perfect Score
02-23-2012, 09:17 AM
Until Alshon runs a 4.7 and you jump off a bridge :P

BB, nice work on the media thread. I dont think you get enough credit for that.

He's going to run a 4.5!

killxswitch
02-23-2012, 09:19 AM
He's going to run a 4.5!

Only if they tell him there's a package of donuts waiting for him at the finish line.

A Perfect Score
02-23-2012, 09:24 AM
Only if they tell him there's a package of donuts waiting for him at the finish line.

Whatever works.

"Alshon, you can have all the donuts you want if you catch a TD pass. Unlimited donuts!"

zachsaints52
02-23-2012, 09:25 AM
http://isportsweb.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/Terrence-Cody-combine_fs.jpg

Your newest Raven, Alshon Jeffrey!

BeerBaron
02-23-2012, 09:27 AM
Hopefully Alshon got a good agent and trainer to help him at least not look like a fat pig at the combine. If he runs anything under a 4.7, I'd still take him as a jump ball possession WR.

Unbiased
02-23-2012, 09:32 AM
I want to see if this 220 lbs report is true. That would be quite the weight loss.

killxswitch
02-23-2012, 09:33 AM
Alshon's 40 yard dash this morning in Indy:

http://blogs.cantonrep.com/wp-content/uploads/smith-running.jpg

marshallb
02-23-2012, 09:57 AM
Am I wrong or should Redskins have been skipped a while ago? Isn't the clock down to an hour for the second round?

Grizzlegom
02-23-2012, 09:58 AM
Am I wrong or should Redskins have been skipped a while ago? Isn't the clock down to an hour for the second round?

I was just going to say this...I'm not normally one to ***** but they've now had twice their allotted time...

BeerBaron
02-23-2012, 09:59 AM
It is down to one hour but he and I are both at work. He just texted me his pick.

Panthers are up...I have a meeting to go that hasn't been canceled.

killxswitch
02-23-2012, 10:01 AM
Dammit. I was hoping Martin would drop more than that.

scottyboy
02-23-2012, 10:04 AM
i've got class all day but feel free to text me (or OSU) if the Giants are up before later tonight.

ncst8fan83
02-23-2012, 10:07 AM
Anyone want to move up for a 2nd/3rd? Hit me up quick!

vidae
02-23-2012, 10:16 AM
Glenn Dorsey can be had if anyone is interested.

DiG
02-23-2012, 10:18 AM

Yes. I am a big fan. He gets mocked all over the place. I've seen him anywhere form early 2nd to late 3rd. Personally, I think he is one of the better FS prospects and shows good coverage ability. He isn't afraid to get up in the box and tackle either. I think he's going to run quite well this weekend and shoot up boards. Would pair well I think with Tyvon Branch.

killxswitch
02-23-2012, 10:22 AM
Yes. I am a big fan. He gets mocked all over the place. I've seen him anywhere form early 2nd to late 3rd. Personally, I think he is one of the better FS prospects and shows good coverage ability. He isn't afraid to get up in the box and tackle either. I think he's going to run quite well this weekend and shoot up boards. Would pair well I think with Tyvon Branch.

He seems like he'd fit in in most schemes and can play either S spot. Kind of reminds me of Antoine Bethea. Maybe a slightly better FS but still a good SS if that's what you need him to play. Good pick.

SuperPacker
02-23-2012, 10:40 AM
Im going out in 20 mins so if Carolina haven't made the pick i'll send in a two man draft board.

What do people think of my Nick Perry pick?

SuperPacker
02-23-2012, 10:46 AM
Are the Panthers going to make their pick?

killxswitch
02-23-2012, 10:48 AM
I'm not personally a Nick Perry fan and would not have used a 1st on him.

BeerBaron
02-23-2012, 10:48 AM
Are the Panthers going to make their pick?

They've only got 10 minutes of clock left, so they better be.

SuperPacker
02-23-2012, 10:50 AM
10 mins. Ok, i should be here then.

jrdrylie
02-23-2012, 11:01 AM
Carolina going back-to-back defensive tackle. You're drafting like the Buccaneers.

Grizzlegom
02-23-2012, 11:02 AM
Wow, didn't even realize he was Still on the board. Talk about a major steal.

killxswitch
02-23-2012, 11:04 AM
I thought I was posting here in this thread but had this and the actual draft thread both open and I apparently posted there. Sorry. Hopefully BB or someone else can delete it.

And yeah, Brockers and Still are both great players and Still that late is a steal, but I'm not sure they'll be great lined up next to each other. Pretty similar styles of play.

ncst8fan83
02-23-2012, 11:05 AM
eh...two DT's with no 3rd round pick, but I thought the value was too good to pass up. I'd love to move into the 3rd. Willing to listen to trade offers.

BeerBaron
02-23-2012, 11:06 AM
Well, the Giants have shown that you can never have too many pass rushers. That probably applies to DTs too.

And I don't think Still has gone in the first round of one of these yet...it's ridiculous. Is it the Penn State scandal that is hurting his stock or something? That guy ******* lives in the backfield. It you're watching a Penn State game and the RB gets hit in the backfield, there's 9/10 chance that it's Still making the hit.

He should be a top 20 pick.

marshallb
02-23-2012, 11:10 AM
I couldn't believe Still was there yet. I was close to taking him just based on value, but I opted to go with need and helping Ponder out on the OL over the pure value.

Nalej
02-23-2012, 11:12 AM
Well, the Giants have shown that you can never have too many pass rushers. That probably applies to DTs too.

And I don't think Still has gone in the first round of one of these yet...it's ridiculous. Is it the Penn State scandal that is hurting his stock or something? That guy ******* lives in the backfield. It you're watching a Penn State game and the RB gets hit in the backfield, there's 9/10 chance that it's Still making the hit.

He should be a top 20 pick.

Yea, he played incredible this year. That's the knock on him though. He's had that potential all along and only showed it his "contract" year. I'm reading that some people thing he doesn't give it his all at all times. *shrug*

killxswitch
02-23-2012, 11:14 AM
Yea, he played incredible this year. That's the knock on him though. He's had that potential all along and only showed it his "contract" year. I'm reading that some people thing he doesn't give it his all at all times. *shrug*

I've read the same things. The only thing worse than a great player that intentionally sucks is a bad player that tries hard and still sucks. But at least those guys are cheap.

Shane P. Hallam
02-23-2012, 11:15 AM

And penetration is really all he's got. It is great, don't get me wrong, but he has some pretty bad plays mixed in with the great ones. He is a first round pick for sure, but he isn't the god at DT BB makes him out to be at times.

BeerBaron
02-23-2012, 11:16 AM
Tommie Harris made a living only getting penetration and was a first round pick. I think Still should be too.

draftguru151
02-23-2012, 11:16 AM
Pick will be up in a sec.

marshallb
02-23-2012, 11:17 AM
Meh, generally give me a guy that has the talent and hasn't used it all the time in college and trust my coaches and team leaders to keep him motivated over a guy who doesn't have the talent but works hard. Like I said generally, by no means do I consider that a hard and fast rule, gotta take each case individually.

DeepThreat
02-23-2012, 11:40 AM
Bigger homer: DG or Scott?

redbills
02-23-2012, 11:46 AM
Bills would be willing to trade down from pick 60 back into the early/mid 3rd

Nalej
02-23-2012, 11:46 AM
Bigger homer: DG or Scott?

I'll go with Scotty but only bc he makes it more obvious.

Grizzlegom
02-23-2012, 11:54 AM

Injuries kept him off the field a lot early in his career. He also had Odrick ahead of him for his fresh and soph seasons.

He had a daughter following his junior year and he's been a completely different person since then, he's woken up and is a much harder worker. He didn't take plays off this year and that's why he's become the player he is now.

ATLDirtyBirds
02-23-2012, 11:56 AM

I considered pulling the trigger on the deal with you dig, and Martin was the guy I was going to pick. Good work.

DiG
02-23-2012, 11:57 AM
I considered pulling the trigger on the deal with you dig, and Martin was the guy I was going to pick. Good work.

glad that you didnt then. i was thinking i could slide down and still steal him.

ATLDirtyBirds
02-23-2012, 11:58 AM
glad that you didnt then. i was thinking i could slide down and still steal him.

Yeah, I thought he'd either make it to me, or I could have traded up just a few spots at a lighter price.

marshallb
02-23-2012, 12:08 PM
I will be heading to work soon. I'll check in on my lunch to see if I'm up or close to be getting up, otherwise BB has my number and can text me. I'll check my phone regularly but may not be able to reply right away.

Unbiased
02-23-2012, 12:12 PM
Injuries kept him off the field a lot early in his career. He also had Odrick ahead of him for his fresh and soph seasons.

He had a daughter following his junior year and he's been a completely different person since then, he's woken up and is a much harder worker. He didn't take plays off this year and that's why he's become the player he is now.

Yeah he had a future first round pick ahead of him on the depth chart, so I'm not sure what people expected out of him. Not to mention breaking his leg early at PSU.

zachsaints52
02-23-2012, 12:15 PM
Looking to move down from 52. PM me

Unbiased
02-23-2012, 12:16 PM
Kendall Reyes and Brandon Washington were two good picks.

BeerBaron
02-23-2012, 12:25 PM
Cowboys have about a half hour yet....I did text them.

jrdrylie
02-23-2012, 12:27 PM
Cowboys have about a half hour yet....I did text them.

I didn't get the text. I'm here. Pick will be up in a minute.

Unbiased
02-23-2012, 12:28 PM
That means some guy out in Siberia got a confusing text message.

BeerBaron
02-23-2012, 12:28 PM
I sent it to the number in the email. I just checked and it matches.

SuperPacker
02-23-2012, 12:29 PM
Kendall Reyes and Brandon Washington were two good picks.

I was pissed at the Panthers taking Still. I really wanted him and was hoping i could get him and Perry then start looking for depth everywhere else. Reyes is a good player but i badly wanted Still.

BeerBaron
02-23-2012, 12:29 PM
That means some guy out in Siberia got a confusing text message.

I did do that once before. I just sent a "you're up" and the person wrote back "I think you have the wrong number."

I checked and I switched two of the numbers round.

Unbiased
02-23-2012, 12:30 PM
I did do that once before. I just sent a "you're up" and the person wrote back "I think you have the wrong number."

I checked and I switched two of the numbers round.

I sent a text to the old number of a friend I hadn't seen in a while. I wrote "Is this Dustin?" and they texted back "no." So I forgot about it. Later that day the same number texted me saying "Hey baby, wanna have a good time?"

redbills
02-23-2012, 12:33 PM
I sent a text to the old number of a friend I hadn't seen in a while. I wrote "Is this Dustin?" and they texted back "no." So I forgot about it. Later that day the same number texted me saying "Hey baby, wanna have a good time?"

Did u text back send me a pic? That's what I would have done lol.

Unbiased
02-23-2012, 12:36 PM
Did u text back send me a pic? That's what I would have done lol.

I had the feeling that the number belonged to a girl because she said some other **** in the first text like "no, I'm sorry, this isn't him" and then I figured her guy friend wrote the next text since it was a Friday night. He probably would have kept messing with me so I didn't respond.

ATLDirtyBirds
02-23-2012, 12:48 PM
Ta'Amu was my next pick. Damn you people.

killxswitch
02-23-2012, 12:49 PM
Ta'amu this late is a steal IMO. What are some of you even doing?

Brothgar
02-23-2012, 12:55 PM
Ta'amu this late is a steal IMO. What are some of you even doing?

If I wasn't stacked at the position already I would have taken him in the first.

BeerBaron
02-23-2012, 01:00 PM
Ta'Amu was my next pick. Damn you people.

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/entry_photo_images/1140455/gyi0064497703_extra_large.jpg

End the bitching.

Matthew Jones
02-23-2012, 01:01 PM
Patriots are ready to go!

Shane P. Hallam
02-23-2012, 01:01 PM
Lots of guys fell to the 2nd. Guess that is what happens when Joe Adams goes in the 1st round! Haha

Nalej
02-23-2012, 01:02 PM
Lots of guys fell to the 2nd. Guess that is what happens when Joe Adams goes in the 1st round! Haha

Play nice!

Brothgar
02-23-2012, 01:04 PM
Holy crap Worthy also fell to the second round.

Grizzlegom
02-23-2012, 01:05 PM
Its a deep DT class at the top for sure.

DiG
02-23-2012, 01:06 PM
caddy you might wanna consider moving laron to LBer...

http://i.imgur.com/wBqKf.jpg

Nalej
02-23-2012, 01:07 PM

**** man, I need to get on his training schedule

A Perfect Score

Dear god that's terrifying.

scottyboy

so you can post here but not answer my tweet?
I SEE HOW IT IS!
i thought we were ghost brothers but fineeee

zachsaints52
02-23-2012, 01:08 PM
What... the... hell....

Shane P. Hallam
so you can post here but not answer my tweet?
I SEE HOW IT IS!
i thought we were ghost brothers but fineeee

Twitter is blocked at work.

Nalej
Anyone recognize the supplement he's holding up?
I wanna take some... right now!

scottyboy
Twitter is blocked at work.

well that's annoying.
I had a serious non-related rutgers question!

redbills
Pick 60 still on the block. FYI. Pm.

Shane P. Hallam
02-23-2012, 01:09 PM
well that's annoying.
I had a serious non-related rutgers question!

I had a nice answer typed up and everything! But it wouldn't work.

Matthew Jones
Looks like Landry has the same trainer as Shawne Merriman and Bob Sanders. I'd put money on him landing on IR any year.

BeerBaron
I'm 100% sure that is all natural. Yep, no PEDs to be had there....

Because of the blood testing of course! The testing that the league and union agreed to in the CBA! ....what do you mean the players are still dragging their feet on that? Why? Because they wanted to give all of the players a fair shot to stop using and get clean before the testing can begin?

Nahhh man. No way. NFL players don't use HGH...that's silly.

Shane P. Hallam
02-23-2012, 01:10 PM
Chargers looking to move down from our pick if anyone is interested. May take a solid offer though.

DiG
02-23-2012, 01:11 PM
Looks like Landry has the same trainer as Shawne Merriman and Bob Sanders. I'd put money on him landing on IR any year.

dont forget mr. boston

http://www.lobshots.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/davidboston2.jpg

BeerBaron
02-23-2012, 01:13 PM
http://www.sportaphile.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/thomas-jones.jpg

http://www4.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Tampa+Bay+Buccaneers+Training+Camp+0jBCoSetrESl.jp g

Matthew Jones
02-23-2012, 01:13 PM
And this guy:

http://www4.picturepush.com/photo/a/4817592/480/NFL-Players-render-cuts!/Packers%27-Clay-Matthews---2033x1867pxls.png

Oh yeah, I forgot, we're not supposed to notice that.

DiG
02-23-2012, 01:14 PM
those guys are all big but none of their biceps are larger than their head like larons...

BeerBaron
02-23-2012, 01:15 PM
http://overtimeathletes.com/wp-content/uploads2/2011/06/brian_cushing1.jpg

Matthew Jones
02-23-2012, 01:16 PM
Good times to be had for Cushing, Matthews, and Taylor Mays at USC.

BeerBaron
02-23-2012, 01:17 PM
those guys are all big but none of their biceps are larger than their head like larons...

What about guys whose necks are bigger than their heads?

http://celebslists.com/images/takeo-spikes-01.jpg

Unbiased
02-23-2012, 01:19 PM
http://badjocks.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/PaulPosluszny.jpg

scottyboy
02-23-2012, 01:20 PM
http://swoonworthy.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/playoffs-ravens-ray-rice-2.jpg

BeerBaron
02-23-2012, 01:21 PM
Scotty, you're not doing it right.

DeepThreat
02-23-2012, 01:24 PM
Scotty, you're not doing it right.

He's not doing it wrong... That picture is all types of sexy.

Matthew Jones
02-23-2012, 01:26 PM
He's not doing it wrong... That picture is all types of sexy.

Sexy, yes, but we're posting pictures of players whose musculature is...questionably acquired, and he goes and posts a picture of Raymell looking a little bit freakish.

DeepThreat
02-23-2012, 01:27 PM
Sexy, yes, but we're posting pictures of players whose musculature is...questionably acquired, and he goes and posts a picture of Raymell looking a little bit freakish.

There is never a bad time for a Ray Rice picture.

fenikz
02-23-2012, 01:30 PM
http://assets.espn.go.com/media/motion/2012/0120/dm_120120_Adrian_Wilson_body_shot.jpg

Hurricanes25
02-23-2012, 01:31 PM
I'm here. The Jets pick will be up shortly.

Matthew Jones
02-23-2012, 01:41 PM
Patriots pick is up. I'm almost out of breath after sprinting to the podium on that one.

ATLDirtyBirds
02-23-2012, 01:41 PM
Anyone recognize the supplement he's holding up?
I wanna take some... right now!

No supplement is going to do that for you homie. Jesus.

ATLDirtyBirds
02-23-2012, 01:42 PM
Lamar to the Jets is such a great fit.

zachsaints52
02-23-2012, 01:46 PM
Last post about it, 52 for trade.

Nalej
02-23-2012, 01:48 PM
No supplement is going to do that for you homie. Jesus.

Jesus blood.

ATLDirtyBirds
02-23-2012, 01:50 PM
Orson and Boykin? **** you. Just **** you all.

scottyboy
02-23-2012, 01:51 PM
No, I did it right. Choosing between 2 guys, pick up soon

killxswitch
02-23-2012, 02:03 PM
We are finally moving along.

Grizzlegom
02-23-2012, 02:07 PM
Orson Charles as the first TE off the board. Interesting.

ChiFan24
02-23-2012, 02:07 PM
I'm so glad I opened this thread during class.....

ATLDirtyBirds
02-23-2012, 02:14 PM
We are finally moving along.

Way to go, jinxy.

Orson Charles as the first TE off the board. Interesting.

I prefer Orson to Fleener in most scenarios.

If I didn't sign Tamme, I would have assuredly made a move to get him or Coby.

SuperPacker
02-23-2012, 02:15 PM
Dwayne Allen is the best tight end in this draft class!

killxswitch
02-23-2012, 02:17 PM
Dwayne Allen is the best tight end in this draft class!

I have him 2nd best, I think it is pretty close between him and Fleener with Charles the clear 3rd.

Way to go, jinxy.

Arg.

http://www.fordesigner.com/pic/zip/20091612452740677806.gif

Matthew Jones
02-23-2012, 02:17 PM
PM me with offers for #61 and #63!

SuperPacker
02-23-2012, 02:21 PM
I have him 2nd best, I think it is pretty close between him and Fleener with Charles the clear 3rd.

Yeah i dont rate Charles at all. Fleener and Allen are both good but i just think Allen will be the better pro, maybe Fleener was the better college player but i just like Allen more.

BeerBaron
02-23-2012, 02:22 PM
Sorry, had a meeting. Ran long. Order updated, Eagles OTC.

SuperPacker
02-23-2012, 02:30 PM
Havent got a pick until #108 :( i would trade up with someone but i dont have much amunition to do it.

If anyone wants a player i have just PM me. I'll listen to offers for everyone.

BeerBaron
02-23-2012, 02:33 PM
The run on TEs has started.

Go_Eagles77
02-23-2012, 02:33 PM
Didn't see you guys talking about Allen before I made my pick, haha. Celek + Allen = Beast.

zachsaints52
02-23-2012, 02:35 PM
Pick will be up in a second.

RaiderNation
02-23-2012, 02:40 PM
Didn't see you guys talking about Allen before I made my pick, haha. Celek + Allen = Beast.

A big TE is exactly what Vick could use on underneath routes, Allen can be an awesome fit in this offense. Great pick

killxswitch
02-23-2012, 02:43 PM
Jim Harbaugh is friggin weird. Sometimes he just makes you want to ask "what's this guy's problem?" http://blogs.nfl.com/category/combine/?module=HP11_hot_topics

TheBoyWonder22
02-23-2012, 02:45 PM
And my guy will be picked in 3...2...1...

Go_Eagles77
02-23-2012, 02:45 PM
A big TE is exactly what Vick could use on underneath routes, Allen can be an awesome fit in this offense. Great pick

Thanks man, I got Vincent Jackson earlier to give Vick size on the outside as well. These moves would improve the eagles' redzone offense greatly.

zachsaints52
02-23-2012, 02:47 PM
Irvin to me brings the best pass rushing I could get as of now. And boy do we need it.

Unbiased
02-23-2012, 02:48 PM
Jim Harbaugh is friggin weird. Sometimes he just makes you want to ask "what's this guy's problem?" http://blogs.nfl.com/category/combine/?module=HP11_hot_topics

My dad and I think he's autistic.

SuperPacker
02-23-2012, 02:53 PM
Nothing wrong with what Harbaugh said IMO.

killxswitch
02-23-2012, 02:54 PM
Nothing wrong with what Harbaugh said IMO.

He just gets irritable about weird stuff.

zachsaints52
02-23-2012, 02:57 PM
Id get tired of talking about one player all the time too personally.

SuperPacker
02-23-2012, 02:59 PM
He just gets irritable about weird stuff.

So does everyone. Its not his job to stand there and talk about Andrew Luck, as long as he does his job of coaching the 49ers no one can complain about what he says.

killxswitch
02-23-2012, 03:06 PM
He's Luck's former college coach, Luck is the #1 prospect this year, and he's talking at the Combine. What did he expect people to ask about?

Also, hurry up Lions!

Brothgar
02-23-2012, 03:07 PM
I'm here. Open to offers.

SuperPacker
02-23-2012, 03:09 PM
really like the bruce irvin pick. i was considering taking devon still at #28 and then getting Bruce Irvin at #41 becasue i really like him, but i had to change plans when Nick Perry was available.

Not sure how he'll fit in a 4-3 though. You could go 3-4 with Romeus and Irvin outside. Cameron Jordan is a good fit in the 3-4.

zachsaints52
02-23-2012, 03:10 PM
really like the bruce irvin pick. i was considering taking devon still at #28 and then getting Bruce Irvin at #41 becasue i really like him, but i had to change plans when Nick Perry was available.

Not sure how he'll fit in a 4-3 though. You could go 3-4 with Romeus and Irvin outside. Cameron Jordan is a good fit in the 3-4.

On passing downs at WVU he lined up as a 9 tech and pass rushed.

killxswitch
02-23-2012, 03:10 PM
YOUR HOUR IS NOT FOR WAITING AROUND FOR TRADE OFFERS!!

BB I sent you my big board via PM, I'm leaving work and don't know when I'll get online again.

DeepThreat
02-23-2012, 03:12 PM

Irvin's best fit is in a 4-3 scheme. Way too awful against the run to play in a 3-4.

ChiFan24
02-23-2012, 03:13 PM
I need a trade up partner so I can grab Coby Fleener. PM me ASAP if you want to move down to #64; I'll do whatever the trade value chart says I need to do.

ATLDirtyBirds
02-23-2012, 03:13 PM
Irvin's best fit is in a 4-3 scheme. Way too awful against the run to play in a 3-4.

Wait, what? Irvin's almost certainly a 34 OLB.

redbills
02-23-2012, 03:14 PM
YOUR HOUR IS NOT FOR WAITING AROUND FOR TRADE OFFERS!!

BB I sent you my big board via PM, I'm leaving work and don't know when I'll get online again.

His hour he can do whatever the hell he wants with it. While I agree you should try and have something worked out but still,maybe he was at work/school.

ChiFan24
02-23-2012, 03:14 PM
I need a trade up partner so I can grab Coby Fleener. PM me ASAP if you want to move down to #64; I'll do whatever the trade value chart says I need to do.

Page trapped.

SuperPacker
02-23-2012, 03:16 PM

What?

The normal size for a 4-3 defensive end is 280ish. The normal size for a 3-4 OLB is 250ish. Irvin is 100% better suited to a 3-4.

ATLDirtyBirds
02-23-2012, 03:18 PM
Pick will be up in a minute, unless Chicago takes the deal I offered.

Go_Eagles77
02-23-2012, 03:20 PM
Nice pick with Gilmore, he'd probably be an eagle right now if I would've been able to deal Samuel, who is still available by the way ;)

TheBoyWonder22
02-23-2012, 03:21 PM
And my guy will be picked in 3...2...1...

And this is why you should be able to rep yourself.

Matthew Jones
02-23-2012, 03:24 PM
And this is why you should be able to rep yourself.

Just helped you out with that. Nice call.

Matthew Jones
02-23-2012, 03:25 PM
I bet this pick is going to be Dwight Jones.

SuperPacker
02-23-2012, 03:26 PM
Rep TheBoyWonder22 hour!

Grizzlegom
02-23-2012, 03:26 PM
What?

The normal size for a 4-3 defensive end is 280ish. The normal size for a 3-4 OLB is 250ish. Irvin is 100% better suited to a 3-4.

I'm with Deep. I like Irvin best as a 4-3 DE. Obviously not all 4-3 schemes but teams like Cleveland and Detroit are very good fits for Irvin.

ChiFan24
02-23-2012, 03:27 PM
Irvin could be a situational 3-4 guy, but I like him best in a 4-3 Von Miller role.

TheBoyWonder22
02-23-2012, 03:28 PM
Rep TheBoyWonder22 hour!
There has been an influx.

SuperPacker
02-23-2012, 03:29 PM
Irvin could be a situational 3-4 guy, but I like him best in a 4-3 Von Miller role.

So as a linebacker? Thats different, but i dont see him lining up with his hand on the ground the majority of the time. I dont see why he wouldnt be a 3-4 OLB.

redbills
02-23-2012, 03:30 PM
Just helped you out with that. Nice call.

You should take Fleener with1 of your picks. Gronk, Hernandez, Fleener you could be in 3 TE sets the whole game.

zachsaints52
02-23-2012, 03:33 PM
What?

I hate stereotyping players based on size. That means Robert Mathis and Dwight Freeney suck because they are undersized then.

ChiFan24
02-23-2012, 03:33 PM
So as a linebacker? Thats different, but i dont see him lining up with his hand on the ground the majority of the time. I dont see why he wouldnt be a 3-4 OLB.

I think he's completely incapable of setting he edge; therefore LB on early downs and DE on third downs, when all he has to worry about is getting up field. Every down 3-4 OLB doesn't fit him; he'd have to take on OT's in the run game 1 on 1.

Matthew Jones
02-23-2012, 03:34 PM
You should take Fleener with1 of your picks. Gronk, Hernandez, Fleener you could be in 3 TE sets the whole game.

Interesting thought, but I don't think he'll be available.

zachsaints52
02-23-2012, 03:36 PM
I think he's completely incapable of setting he edge; therefore LB on early downs and DE on third downs, when all he has to worry about is getting up field. Every down 3-4 OLB doesn't fit him; he'd have to take on OT's in the run game 1 on 1.

Pretty much Irvin is this. I dont want to square him away as a OLB because right now I need pass rush/DE more. I can use him for just 3rd downs. Now I just gotta get a DT.

DeepThreat
02-23-2012, 03:36 PM

Because he's awful against the run. Irvin should play the Von Miller role at WLB.

SuperPacker
02-23-2012, 03:37 PM

Yeah that would work.

Originally Posted by zachsaints52
I hate stereotyping players based on size. That means Robert Mathis and Dwight Freeney suck because they are undersized then.And thats why their run defense sucks!

Go_Eagles77
02-23-2012, 03:38 PM
Pretty much Irvin is this. I dont want to square him away as a OLB because right now I need pass rush/DE more. I can use him for just 3rd downs. Now I just gotta get a DT.

Why do people keep talking about specific players and positions that they are interested in?

holt_bruce81
02-23-2012, 03:38 PM
Anyone want Brandon Gibson? he's available for a 5th.

redbills
02-23-2012, 03:39 PM
Why do people keep talking about specific players and positions that they are interested in?

Maybe he is trying to trick you?

SuperPacker
02-23-2012, 03:40 PM
Because he's awful against the run. Irvin should play the Von Miller role at WLB.

Yeah i understand that now. I thought everyone was talking about him playing 4-3 defensive end.

Matthew Jones
02-23-2012, 03:40 PM
Has anyone texted Princefielder? I would but I currently don't have a cell phone.

redbills
02-23-2012, 03:41 PM
Has anyone texted Princefielder? I would but I currently don't have a cell phone.

What's his number I'll text him.

redbills
02-23-2012, 03:43 PM
Just texted him

zachsaints52
02-23-2012, 03:44 PM
Yeah that would work.

And thats why their run defense sucks!

I didn't know the run defense was entirely on the DE's. I would thought it would also be on how good the DTs and MLB is. Silly me to think that.

Look at my roster.... You'll see what I need. Its no secret.

Yeah i understand that now. I thought everyone was talking about him playing 4-3 defensive end.

I am playing him at 4-3 DE.... 3rd downs, have another DE for running downs to start with.

redbills
02-23-2012, 03:49 PM
He told me who he wanted said he sent Big board to beer. Should I post it or wait for beer?

redbills
02-23-2012, 03:49 PM
He told me who he wanted said he sent Big board to beer. Should I post it or wait for beer?

Well pf told me to post it so it willbe up in min.

Grizzlegom
02-23-2012, 03:54 PM
Where'd Wonder Boy go? haha

BeerBaron
02-23-2012, 03:54 PM
That was the pick he gave me anyway.

I'm stepping out for a bit. Keep things going. If you agree to a trade....idk....text it to me or something.

Go_Eagles77
02-23-2012, 03:59 PM
How long are you gonna be gone BB? I just emailed you my big board for my next pick (#77, so you might not even need it)

I'll be able to make my own pick if I'm up after 9:30ish.

TheBoyWonder22
02-23-2012, 04:01 PM
Chicago and I have a trade agreed to. Just waiting on approval.

ChiFan24
02-23-2012, 04:02 PM
Should I text it to BB?

TheBoyWonder22
02-23-2012, 04:02 PM
Yes please chifan

redbills
02-23-2012, 04:03 PM

ChiFan24
02-23-2012, 04:04 PM
Text sent.

Nalej
02-23-2012, 04:05 PM
Chandler Jones is gone. So sad :(

ChiFan24
02-23-2012, 04:08 PM
BB approves. Dwayne Bowe, Joe Adams, Coby Fleener and Martellus Bennett brought into Chicago. Cutty better be happy.

Grizzlegom
02-23-2012, 04:10 PM
I'm trading this pick to the Patsies. Text to BB sent.

Matthew Jones
02-23-2012, 04:10 PM
Trade's been accepted. Waiting for BeerBaron.

Grizzlegom
02-23-2012, 04:14 PM
He texted me back with "Fine" so I guess you're good to go? haha

redbills
02-23-2012, 04:18 PM
Trade's been accepted. Waiting for BeerBaron.

If u pick my guy I will kick you square in the nut. (the other you gave to Brady right since he has none).

Matthew Jones
02-23-2012, 04:19 PM
Patriots trade:

#63 overall pick
#129 overall pick

Texans trade:

#58 overall pick

I'll post the pick in a few minutes.

Nalej
02-23-2012, 04:28 PM
No one's moving on that LOS!

Matthew Jones
02-23-2012, 04:33 PM
No one's moving on that LOS!

Very true, although Ron Brace is available for trade if anyone's interested in adding a nose tackle. PM me if interested.

redbills
02-23-2012, 04:37 PM
Anyone have TEN #?

zachsaints52
02-23-2012, 04:49 PM
Just traded for Ron Brace, which provides a big body for the NT position of this defense.

redbills
02-23-2012, 04:50 PM
Just traded for Ron Brace, which provides a big body for the NT position of this defense.

How much u give up?